Speaker 1: On scoring wilds Australia. This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the readA Panety Show coming up tonight. The Albaneza government stands accused of facilitating the aggressive tactics of militant unions.
Speaker 3: Are safer me you?
Speaker 1: Boss?
Speaker 2: John Zedka doubles down on his threats against the AFL. The Great Douglas Murray joins me shortly to speak about why young people in Europe are voting for right wing parties and the latest on the hemas Israel Ceasepy talks.
Speaker 3: John Ruddick responds to Peter Dutton's.
Speaker 2: Plan to ban youngsters from social media sides and which Australian sports star.
Speaker 3: Has managed to lose millions in a property.
Speaker 2: Dealkinsisco film will have the latest celebrity and world news later in the hour, and of course left He's losing it, featuring two of the unfunniest women in the country, including this alleged comic Hannah Gatsby.
Speaker 4: The idea that men are transitioning to become women so they can dominate women's sports. You know, big up all those amazing pers you get in women's sports.
Speaker 2: Joining me now, Sky News contributor Kosher Gator Kosher. Let's start with the manner in which the union movement is flexing its muscle. And it's not just in Victoria, but across the country. As Jeff Chambers rights in the Australian labour, sweeping industrial relations changes have emboldened ACTU secretary Sally McManus, the organization's president Michael O'Neill, and other powerful union leaders to exert their influence. Intersection between the labor federal government and unions runs deep in Albanese's cabinet and Kosher he notes that if ministers had to recuse themselves over conflicts of interest with unions, the PM would be well running the show practically by himself.
Speaker 3: There won't be too many cabinet ministers there to help you.
Speaker 5: True, I think most of them either worked for unions or were members or were in leadership positions before. And the heritage of the Labor Party and the Labor Party's counterparts elsewhere is labor. The issue is this is one of the issues of our time as well, that there's a big tectonic plate shift happening around the working class and the labor class for two reasons. One is technology and AI and robotics and all of the stuff is happening at an exponential pace is going to displace labor. And the other is a self inflicted wound of immigration, which both parties, including the labor have have had a very heavy handed approach to that. And so people are not happy, the working class everywhere. You're seeing them redressed their agrievances and different venues. Membership is down, i think for forty percent a few years ago, down to twelve percent, and so they're figuring out ways to be relevant, I guess, and to appease and appeal to the members of these unions, and that's what all of the stems from.
Speaker 2: Well, this is one of the contradictory points because the union membership has plummeted. It was around forty percent now it's closer to fifteen. And yet under this Albanese government, and certainly under several state governments, they seem to be emboldened. We've seen in Victoria the CMFMU boss John Secker's war against the AFL.
Speaker 3: Well that's becoming more and more unhinged.
Speaker 2: Look at these posters the union has made up of the AFL's head of umpire in Stephen mcbernie threatening him.
Speaker 3: Until the end of the earth.
Speaker 2: That's a direct quote, as like a spoof of a wanted dead or alive poster. Mcbernie used to be the head of the Australian Building and Construction Commission and the CMFM. You want him to never work again nout threatening not only his current employer, the AFL, but John Setka was very clear when he spoke on radio that if the AFL do back him, his next employer will also have a similar campaign launched against it. So the question is here, how long before just into Alan.
Speaker 3: The Premier of Victoria steps in.
Speaker 2: This is a union that donates millions to labor at state level, at federal level. The relationship there is clear, and yet the premier seems to be hiding. And even federal ministers who have been critical of Setka's moves this week haven't condemned him. They've said, oh, it's not a good idea to take on the AFL if you want to win hearts and minds.
Speaker 3: It's a very weak response.
Speaker 5: Indeed it is, and it probably goes back to who their constituency is and who their electorate is, and how much do they care and if they're not feeling the pain from the electorate, they're not compelled to come out and give a stronger response against it. Also, if they really care about that constituency, the working class, there are other policy positions around immigration, around cost of living, all of that that they could do to improve how they're resonating with that base. But instead, I think it's easier to make examples of high profile people and CEO recruitment and people at the top of these glamorous organizations. That's maybe a cheap win and that's why they're keeping mom.
Speaker 2: We had Tony Burke speaking on this issue earlier today and he was treating it almost like a joke. He was laughing and refused to answer a very straightforward question about has John set gone too far?
Speaker 3: I would have thought the answer was.
Speaker 2: Yes, when you're threatening someone to the ends of the earth, but no, he kind of squibbed his answer. And it's not just that particular union or the AFL being strong armed. The Transport Workers Union is warning virgin Australia against CEO contender and front runner at this stage, Paul Jones.
Speaker 3: They're saying his.
Speaker 2: Role with Quantus and the outsourcing of the job scandal should see him not get this role again. They are putting very direct public pressure on Virgin Australia to act a certain way.
Speaker 5: I think we're in this era of guerrilla tactics really to get consequences or outcomes that we want. And people's policy positions or decisions they made when they're own leadership rules, following them on into any future rule that they ever do is kind of what this is about. And it's interesting. I'll have far reaching consequences too, where maybe it puts off people from taking on certain leadership rules if we come into this era where you're going to be subjected to gorilla tactics. But I think more of that is to come is that unrest fundamentally gets only worse now.
Speaker 2: An Australian woman who saved a newborn girl in China from certain death by adopting her raising her as her own will not see that child be made as citizen because of an intervention by Immigration Minister Andrew Giles. Alexandra Yagelman rescued the hours old newborn in Jisu when her birth parents expressed a desire to decapitate her because of brain injury sustained at birth.
Speaker 3: She raised the girl.
Speaker 2: Ever since, the girl's now healthy, vibrant young woman, and Angi's two other adopted siblings received favorable citizenship decisions from the AAT having near identical circumstances to her. The immigration ministers at the time of those decisions did not challenge the outcome in the federal court, but Andrew Giles did intervene and appeal the matter to the federal court, and so, sadly, because Alexandra was an Angie's mum at the exact exact moment of her birth, Ji cannot receive citizenship by dissent again, a bizarre, idiotic decision by Giles, which is kosher frankly hard to comprehend. Why would he intervene here and formally appeal the aaight's decision.
Speaker 5: It is strange and odd. Some speculate that he kind of stepped in it last year with that Order ninety nine that led to people with criminal backgrounds receiving prety favorable treatment for immigration here, and so maybe he's trying to swing the pendulum in the other direction.
Speaker 2: It's great to be tough on a young girl who's had It's.
Speaker 5: An odd pick, very odd pick, and then another self inflicted wound and unforced error sort of that. If you want to be tight on immigration, which we just talked about is one of the issues of our time. People want more of a hawkish position on that across party lines. That's where you should be playing and not making an example of a case like this where he's only going to lose. He doesn't look very good in the pr battle or otherwise, and it's making no difference to actual immigration policy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it be tough on crims, not little girls, would be my general advice. Now, before you go, more signs that the Albernezy government is a run by activist for activist guy and uses Senior reporter Caroline Markers has got this exclusive on the federal government granting millions of taxpayer funds for a new cervical cancer campaign to an organization accused of raising women from its messaging. ACN has used terms like people with a cervix to describe women, as also used the term front hole.
Speaker 3: I wish I was kidding, Kosher, I'm not.
Speaker 5: It's a few things. So one, we know this radical assault on language, really, and you're just trying to make everybody a sterilized widget because it is what we're saying that you're somebody with cervix or whole or what have you. And then the other thing is just taxpayer money. When it's slashing around, they probably don't even know the federal government down to that level of at the surface, it feels like a good cause. Okay, it's a cervical cancer screening campaign. Good thing. Millions of women die for cervical cancer and that was put to an end with these types of campaigns. Beneath the surface, though, there's like another hidden agenda now or maybe not so hidden, of radicalizing language, and they probably don't even think down to that next level of death, just keeping it at the surface, and that's a function of I think cowardice actually to address this language issue, and also too much tax perimaney slashing around and not enough of result.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: You're talking about more than three million dollars, so it's not a pittance, and you're right, there's a lot of money splashing around in that sector and not much oversight, it seems. Koshagata, thank you so much for your time joining me now, is best selling author of groundbreaking works, including his latest The War on the West, is one of the finest thinkers of his generation, Douglas Murray. Let's start with the EU elections. Voters in twenty seven countries of the European Union went to the polls, and as you predicted, Europe's swing to.
Speaker 3: The right continued.
Speaker 2: Right wing parties recorded some stunning results in a number of countries.
Speaker 3: And it's a.
Speaker 2: Contrast, quite a contrast to what we're about to see in the UK, with a hard left Labor Party almost certain to win in a landslide.
Speaker 6: That's right, Reta, it's extraordinary. Next month, in July, the British public will get to go to the polls after fourteen years of Conservative majority rule. The Conservatives look set to have a historic defeat. There's even poles this week that would put them as the third party in Parliament, beneath the Liberal Democrats. This would give a thumping majority for Labor Party, even bigger than the Blair landslide in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: It's an astonishing prediction.
Speaker 6: And I think all the polls show that it's basically immovable now. And it's the result of something that you and I have talked about before eat, which is the extraordinary failure of the Conservative Party under now five prime ministers to do what.
Speaker 1: The public has asked them to do.
Speaker 6: I mean, for instance, David Cameron came in in twenty ten promising to bring net migration down from the hundreds of thousands a year to tens of thousands, and the latest figures were almost a million. So the British public, from disgust at the Conservative Party and its treacher in failure of any attempt to really keep its mandate, is going to be voted out. And in the British system there's really only one way to do that, which is to be voting in labor. Meantime, as you say, the whole of the European continent is going to the right and to parties indeed which until very recently were described as far right. I noticed that the new one that the media is doing is calling parties hard right, which is a strange and right. And it seems that hard right is what we now have to call parties that we used to call far right once they actually get into power or become the main party representing their country in the European Parliament.
Speaker 1: It's an astonishing turn up, it is.
Speaker 2: And with the EU elections we saw in France, Marine Lippenza national rally had a remarkable result. Macron's now called a snap poll for later in the month. And it's interesting that in France, as elsewhere in Europe, it's largely young voters who are veering to the right again, a significant departure from what we see in other parts of the West.
Speaker 3: In France, they've.
Speaker 2: Got a charismatic twenty eight year old Jordan Bardello who's using social media really effectively to connect with young voters.
Speaker 3: Do you see that trend.
Speaker 2: Being replicated in countries like Australia and US and UK where young voters tend to vote for left wing parties, often even Labors not left wing enough for them. They're opting for parties left of labor.
Speaker 6: Yes, I mean that's been the trend and the expectation. But the European continent is bucking that trend. And I think there are some obvious explanations for that. One is that the technocrats who've been in charge turn out not to be all that good at being technocrats.
Speaker 1: I mean, take the case of Emmanuel Macron, an.
Speaker 6: Respected figure. He came from nowhere blue right through the center of French politics when he first ran now he had a reputation as being an efficient technocrat. He wasn't especially inspiring, but that he could sort of do the business. Particularly, people believed him when he said that he could take charge of the economy. He was one of the grown ups in the room.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, two weeks ago.
Speaker 6: Standard and Poor downgraded the French economy just ahead of the EU election, and that is something which I think has been massively overlooked by the foreign press. You know, when somebody says, look, I know migrations out of control. I know that we have serious security problems. I know that people keep on blowing stuff up in our country or trying to blow stuff up. After all, there was an attack that was thwarted just a couple of weeks ago from an islam Is cell that we're trying to attack the forthcoming Paris Olympics. Okay, you know, I'm trying to keep on top of that. The main thing is I'm in charge of the economy and I can do a good job. When that proves not to be the case, I think the voters think quite understandably. Look, the thing you said you could do, you couldn't do, and there's all this other stuff you haven't done. We'll try someone else. And I think that's what's happening actually across the continent. But you're right, Reto, it's a really interesting reversal of what was expected to be the trend. Maybe we've all been led astray by this weirdo far left fringe in all of our countries who sort of portray themselves as the voice of the next generation. Maybe they're not, maybe they're not at all, and the young French and others are actually going to the right. Jordan Bardella is one example, and the media are descinately trying to portray his victory in exactly the terms I predicted they would. The BBC's Europe editor, I don't know if he spends any time in Europe, has written about the far right being on the march. Interestingly enough, Rita, on Monday night of this week, the far left were on the march in Paris, with leading left wing politicians among their midsts, protesting and indeed in the end rioting and having to be dispersed by the Paris police. But you know what, Rita, none of the media, weirdly have said the far left is on the march. Why it's almost as if they believe only the far right is ever able to march, whereas the far left is, of course, this entirely benign force, which is of course who the media really.
Speaker 1: Want to be in charge, so don't show them as being in a bad light.
Speaker 3: And they declined to even call them far left.
Speaker 2: It's just left wing parties, even if they are characterized that way or extreme left is never used as it is for right wing parties. We've seen Donald Trump recently joined TikTok. He's trying to reach those young voters. It was a surprise move. He's had great success so far in reaching a new audience. Let's have a look at his latest post hereies with YouTube star logan Paul.
Speaker 3: Is he taking note of what is.
Speaker 2: Happening in Europe and recognizing younger voters have to be reached via these new platforms It can be quite difficult to get through.
Speaker 3: To them in the mainstream media.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he is.
Speaker 6: I mean, of course, Donald Trump's extraordinary success in twenty sixteen was in large part the result of him using Twitter so well. Of course, you know the then pretty elon musk. Twitter couldn't forgive itself for being used in this way and was obviously mortified, but remember how well he used Twitter. All the ad money that his opponents were spending on the traditional networks, he didn't need to spend because everyone was writing about him and talking about him on the basis of any moment's tweet. His two thumbs saved millions and millions of dollars of ad campaign spending. But this time it's sort of inevitable. He'll try other mediums and the TikTok will be one of them, and we'll see if it works. We'll see there's no reason why young Americans are going to have to vote Democrat any more than why a young French voters are going to have to vote for the far left parties there. But you know, Trump is, of course an extremely engaging performer, and he's a man who grew up in the media. You know, he was a television star before he was president. He's very very aware and very canny about using media and social media.
Speaker 1: So it'll be very interesting.
Speaker 6: I suspect that his rivals will do everything they can to cut off this way of accessing directly the public, but there won't be very much they can do.
Speaker 2: Now, let's talk about the Hamas Israeli war, the US backed ceasefire proposal, the negotiations there are continuing. Her Mass sent back an unworkable counteroffer. Even the US Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln acknowledges that the war's going to go on with that unworkable counter from her Mask. They're refusing to agree to a plan that would include the release of hostages in exchange for a cease fire. But it's worth noting Douglas that the Biden administration has the likes of National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan, who has said some of the amendments proposed by her Mass are minor and anticipated. It's almost like he's negotiating on their behalf. So much for not negotiating with terrorists, it seems the Biden administrations some who are negotiating on behalf of terrorists.
Speaker 6: I find this latest round of peace talks that be an extraordinary set of events. Israel Is trying to get the remaining hostages back performed or the IDF performs. Special Forces performed an extraordinarily impressive raid this past week in which they rescued for four of the poor Israelis who are stolen from the Nova Party on the seventh October last year, and have been tortured and more in captivity all the last eight months. So the Israelis want to find a way, of course, to get the hostages back with the Americans and other interlocutors. They've got this plan, and this plan would bring an end to the war. Now, who is the party that refuses to bring an end to the war. It's Hamas. And I wonder, rita, whether all the morons protesting on the streets of Australia and America and everywhere else in the West calling for ceasefire will register for even a moment that a ceasefire actually is on the table once again. And who is it that has rejected it?
Speaker 1: Hamas?
Speaker 6: And you know, I wonder whether any of these morons will notice this.
Speaker 1: I doubt it.
Speaker 6: But if the war is going to go on, everybody can say now with one hundred certainty, as you could for the last eight months.
Speaker 1: The reason that there is no ceasefire is because of Hamas.
Speaker 2: Absolutely well, the morons as you call them, marching in the streets in Australia. They never mention her mass. It's always like her mass don't exist.
Speaker 3: And you are going to.
Speaker 2: Be involved in a debate next week where you will argue that anti Zionism is anti Semitism. Tell me why you think that is the case, Because there are many on the left in particular, who argue that being anti Israel being anti Zionist is not the same I'm as being anti Semitic, and they point often to the fact that there are prominent Jews who call themselves anti Zionists.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm going to keep my power dry for Toronto on Monday night.
Speaker 1: It's a giving it away. I'm not giving anything away.
Speaker 6: I mean, it's a topic that's incredibly important because just look at the way in which this word Zionist is now thrown around.
Speaker 1: I mean, the the.
Speaker 6: The disgust with which it's thrown around, the way in which this word that describes this noble, wonderful concept of Jewish statehood is being used as a slur. And you know, as I say, once again, I've seen it myself.
Speaker 1: So recently in Australia, in Melbourne and Sydney, you had protestas screaming about Zionists. Zionists.
Speaker 6: Do they know what they're talking about? I don't think so. So I do want to set the record straight on some of that. I think that this is an extraordinary moment where there should be a moment of clarity in the West about this, and instead, I think that we're seeing an explosion of bigotry. And I'm looking forward to getting into the weeds in Toronto on Monday. So I think it's sold out, But anyone who wants to come to Roy Thompson Hall, perhaps they can bribe their way to get a ticket.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Oh, I pity whoever is facing you in this debate. You're not a man I would want to be all out debate, particularly on an issue like this, because I know you're passionate about it, and the debate is timely because we now have people marching in America and elsewhere in the West calling on his bulla to murder Zionus and it's just disturbing footage. A quick look, and I also want to get your reaction, Douglas, to what we've seen unfold after the rescue of those four hostages, so much criticism of Israel's tactics and the alleged collateral damage from the rescue mission. Was there another way for Israel to rescue its people. Should they have issued a warning. As the BBC suggested before launching the mission.
Speaker 1: It was amazing.
Speaker 6: First of all, on the Hasbala people just notice again, like the KKK, these people don't have the confidence to show their faces. Isn't it interesting that they're calling for supports for genocide terrorist organization, but weirdly they cover their faces. Maybe maybe they're not so sure of their views, maybe they're not so proud of them. Maybe they know that Mummy wouldn't be so proud of them. Who knows. As for as for the sort of the raid, this week, much of the media reported it as the release of four Israeli hostages.
Speaker 1: They weren't brave Israelis.
Speaker 6: Who are superbly trained went in and freed and rescued these all three men and one woman. And the reporting on this has been absolutely despicable.
Speaker 1: You mentioned the.
Speaker 6: BBC journalist who asked an Israeli official why they didn't give an advance warning of the raid in Gaza.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's like asking somebody why they didn't go up to somebody and say I'm so sorry I can't come to your surprise birthday party.
Speaker 1: I mean, the whole point of a record like this is that it's a surprise.
Speaker 6: And the reason is that if you'd have given advanced warning to Hamas in Gaza, then the hostages would most likely have been killed or spirited away to a tunnel that Hamas has built at all of our expense in the West. I mean, I'm stunned, as I've said to you before, read the simple lack of empathy with the situation that the Israelis are in.
Speaker 1: They have more than one.
Speaker 6: Hundred hostages still held by Hamas and islamage he had and terror groups and journalists and others so called journalists in Gaza. They want to get the hostages home. If Hamaz wanted to end the war, it could end it tomorrow by handing over the hostages. Israel found the opportunity to get four of the hostages out. They were being harbored in civilian homes, the civilian area, and there is a war going on there. And you know the people who say, you know there was collateral damage, there were.
Speaker 1: People killed, innocent people killed.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't believe the Hamaz figures, by the way, and those are the ones that most of the media have run with as any But even if any innocent civilians were killed, obviously that's sad. But you know, the problem is is that it's almost like there's a moral lesson in this. Don't kidnap people and hold them in your house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is a good lesson that would reduce your chances of being involved in something like this. Before you go, I'm interested in your take on this debate that's happening online poll from twenty twenty three is causing a great deal of debate among atheists, many of them embarrassed by the results. The poll found that atheists more like to support miners undergoing gender transition than any other religious belief, and only one in three douglas of atheists support a ban on transitioning miners.
Speaker 1: How can that be?
Speaker 2: Where atheists that I am one, I was opposed to hold science based, evidence based beliefs, and I have trouble reconciling that with these results.
Speaker 6: Well, you know, Rita, I don't think that anyone has or any one group has a sort of.
Speaker 1: Prerogative on reason and rationalism.
Speaker 6: Atheists tend to say that they want to adhere in their moral frames to principles of reason and rationalism. I would simply say that this is a demonstration of something we've seen many times before, which is that the most reasonable and rational people can sign up to the most unreasonable and irrational cults. The Gender we Were transition cult is one of the cults of our time. In previous ages, some of these people would have tried to work how to turn base metals into gold.
Speaker 1: But we don't live in an age of alchemy. We live in the.
Speaker 6: Age of bizarre transition surgery, where where cac handed and wicked surgeons tried to turn boys into girls and girls into boys, and they have as much success as alchemists did in the past. I'm very sorry for atheists who've fallen for this, but I would say that it should be a warning to them that actually.
Speaker 1: Even if you make reason and rationalism.
Speaker 6: Your gods, you may fail to live up to your ideals. And these people in that pole reader most certainly have failed to live up to those ideals.
Speaker 3: Douglas Marry, it's always a pleasure. Thank you for time, this evening great pleasure.
Speaker 1: Thank you still to come.
Speaker 2: And lefties losing it and Peter Dutton under attack by libertarians.
Speaker 3: Over his plan to ban under sixteens from.
Speaker 2: Social media, welcome back. Now it's time for lefties losing it, and I regret to inform you that alleged comic Hannah Gansby.
Speaker 3: Is added again with this confused.
Speaker 2: And painfully unfunny die tribe against men who think it's wrong for biological males to invade women's sport. They may not want their daughter's disadvantage in sporting events. They may not want a scholarship their loved one has worked years to achieve, going to a male identifying as a female. Apparently these men must shut up to make miserable Mona Hannah happy.
Speaker 4: I think it's adorable how so many men are all of a sudden very concerned about women's sport. That's new, that's real new, Like the idea that men are transitioning to become women so they can dominate women's sports. You know, pick up all those amazing perks you get in women's sports.
Speaker 1: Perks.
Speaker 2: It may have escaped Hannah's attention, but there are actually great perks in women's sport, from the sense of achievement to scholarships, sponsorships, selection in sporting events, from local carnivals to be Olympics. It's worth remembering that this lefty losing it is a loved by the humorless leftist media. Just look at the critics ratings of her Netflix special Nenette. It received one hundred percent, but the audience score, as you can see there, is a pitiful twenty six percent. Now to another unfunny comic who doesn't have a Netflix special, but she sure has abundant reserves of vile bitterness and anti Israeli hate. Here is far left comic Sarah Bartello mocking Jews who are currently under attacked by anti Semites. Apparently it's all their own fault. Talk about victim blaming, said.
Speaker 7: VH, how can I help you? Yes, you've come through to the Zionis Victim Hotline. Yeah for sure. Okay, so you're feeling triggered and threatened right, Well, it is on the rise, that's for sure. Can I ask what was the incident? Really?
Speaker 1: A watermelon budge? These people?
Speaker 7: These people have their no shame.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's a lot to deal with.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I can definitely empathize. Did you mention October seven?
Speaker 8: You did?
Speaker 1: That's great, that's good.
Speaker 7: Oh, they about the seventy six years of occupation. Interesting, they're really learning about the history that we've been trying so hard to cover.
Speaker 1: Up all these years, are they.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 7: So here's what I think you should do. I think you should wear as many Star of Davis as you can. Yep, the same Star of David that we used to brandish Palestinian prisoners, amongst other things, and just call it Andie Semitic. Yeah, yeah, it works like a charm growth.
Speaker 2: Now let's end on a positive note. Let's take a minute and admire a Christian man who politely and methodically school's a dude who questioned him about his Christian beliefs.
Speaker 8: You said, I'm from Africa. You are surprised that we from Africa worship at White Month.
Speaker 9: Yes, And I.
Speaker 8: Said, you Muslims colonize many countries, and you impose Islam and a god from Arabia on those countries that you went Allah was not known in Africa, was known only in Arabia because Arabic language, right, The Jews never mentioned Alah in all their books.
Speaker 4: You can.
Speaker 8: The best you can get close to is Alaha, which is not the same anyway. So the name Alli is not known by any of the previous prophets. It's a new name. And according to the Torah, we don't need to follow a God that is not known by our fathers. Now, for you to say we Africa's worship a white man, it shows you're ignorant. Why I'm saying you're ignorant, respectfully, it is because Jesus is not from Europe, He's from Israel. They are not white people.
Speaker 2: Joining me now is New South Wales Liberterranian Pete John Raddick.
Speaker 5: John.
Speaker 2: Let's start with the hard left counselor who wants landlords to pay quadruple the amount of cancel tax that owner occupiers would pay.
Speaker 3: This is a plan that's been considered in Mary Back.
Speaker 2: This counselor was on seven News doubling down on this lunacy.
Speaker 10: Landlords and property investors are actually causing the housing crisis. So we don't actually need any landlords. They are all proper investors that don't produce anything. They don't actually create housing. If you look at where if you look at where the overwhelming proportion of the overwhelming where that's not lending goes to, it actually actually got new. Most lending goes to for property investors goes to existing homes rather than new. So it's actually not true that investors produce anything. What they do is they actually hold homes and then rent them out at exorbitant rates. So we could actually really do without, really do without, James without, and that would be better.
Speaker 2: There you go, Jona, They don't need landlords in Rebecca. Never mind that around the third of the residents of that council happened to be renters.
Speaker 9: Well, reader, I've got a prediction, and that is that our young counselor friend is never going to win the Nobel Prize for Economics because look, what we need to understand is that housing is just another form of investment. Okay. Now, now, if people don't think they're going to get a good return out of investing in housing, they'll invest in the stock market or other private investments. So we need to make it. We need to be very pro landlords, pro development. Now, where this person is coming from is he doesn't have the right solution, but there is a crisis, and he has touched on the fact that there is a crisis. The crisis is caused, particularly in Sydney and Melbourne, by excessive planning and zoning laws and the government meddling, meddling, black tape, green tape, red tape everything. There is one city in the United States, which are bolished planning laws. In the nineteen fifties, it's called Houston, fifth biggest city in the United States, no planning laws. If you own private property, you can do with it whatever you want. Now, if we have that in Sydney and Melbourne, which is what our party is stand for, we're going to see a housing boom. We're going to see rents come down and prices come down, and.
Speaker 2: We're going to see some weird developments. Though, John, let's not forget that. But let's go back to the economic illiteracy of this particular counselor. He explained his understanding of what would happen if property investors exited the market.
Speaker 10: So, yeah, so we do have a lot of renters in Merriybeck. So the purpose of this proposal is to change the ownership composition of property in Merriybeck so that we actually have fewer investors. And so what we're trying to do here is to make it unattractive for investors to invest in Merriyback so that they leave. And then what will happen is those houses won't disappear, they don't fall off the face of the earth. What happens is that they become available for somebody else, particularly first home by So what we're doing is we're reducing the number of investors in Merybeck and making more homes available for first home buyers to purchase. J I think is a great outcome.
Speaker 2: It's a great outcome because most renters join are ready to buy property, they have deposit the bank approval that doesn't have a genius like this to make it happen for them. If this is the state of local councils or some local counselors, it helps explain why we have a housing crisis because we've got policies at the federal, state, and local government level that frustrate developers, make people invest their money elsewhere, and meanwhile rents are skyrocketing.
Speaker 9: Well, look, if this genius had his way and set all the housing policies in this country, what would happen is there would be no new houses built, and so we would have the existing stock, and the existing stock would go into decay because no one would say it's just not worth me owning an investment property and renovating it and keeping it in good shape. So look, it's very sad that we can have people like this elected to council. The Australian voters neglect local council. It's very powerful little form of government, particularly for practical things like this. So yes, the people that voted for this guy have got some explaining to do it.
Speaker 2: Well, I'll tell you, I think people don't even know who they're voting for with local council elections. They don't know what the policies are, which party.
Speaker 3: Affiliation they may or may not have.
Speaker 2: And I think that's how we get a lot of the counselors because people are obliged to vote, they're obliged to participate in this process or they're going to get fined, and they don't know what they're voting for. And as we covered last night, the number of rental properties in Victoria has fallen over ten thousand in just three months. Another reason why rents are going up now the coalition is announced they're behind a ban on social media accounts for youngsters. Peter dust And has announced that his party will raise the minimum age for social media platforms from thirteen to sixteen years of age within the first one hundred days of.
Speaker 3: A coalition government. John, what are your thoughts on this proposal.
Speaker 9: Well, I'm deeply disturbed by it. Peter Dutton's better better than Olbow, that's obvious, but I mean Peter Dutton's got an authoritarian streak in him. Now what now the two things that whenever, whenever the regulators want to increase the power of the state and shut down the power that the freedom of the Internet. They have two bogey mens, they say, terrorists and pedophiles, the two worst people and the two worst groups of people in the world. So they say, look, we need to regulate the internet to stop those two groups. Okay. Now, the reality is is this at the moment, Yes, you've got to be thirteen to open a Facebook account whatever it is. Okay, but the kids just say yeah, they take a butt, say yeah, I'm over thirteen. But what they're going to do by lifting it to the age of sixteen, you're going to need your digital ID, the good old digital ID brought into us by the due oply liberal and labor Okay, and so then you really are going to have to be over the age of sixtent Now that means that we're all subject to the government approving our access to the internet, and it means the government's going to be able to know what we're looking at on the Internet. So we're going to fight for Internet freedom and unfortunately Peter Dutton just does not get it.
Speaker 2: John Ruddick, I think it's an issue we're going to discuss some more in the weeks and months to come.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for your time. This evening still to come.
Speaker 2: Harry and Meghan fear a Trump presidency and which Australian sporting.
Speaker 3: Superstar has lost millions on a real estate deal.
Speaker 2: You're watching the Reader Panny Show joining me now as Entertainment and Royal reporter Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey NBA player Ben Simmons has copped a big loss on his is a million dollar mansion. Multimillion dollar mansion in California. He bought his Hidden Hills house for twenty six point eight million in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: We're using Australian figas here.
Speaker 2: A year later he listed it for thirty four point eight million, that's US twenty three million.
Speaker 3: There was zero interest and his finally now.
Speaker 2: Completed the sale for eighteen point thirty million.
Speaker 3: Kinz. That's a loss of more.
Speaker 2: Than eight million dollars At a time when property prices are going up.
Speaker 3: How did he manage this.
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 11: I mean, I think we might delve into it more when we talk about Goldie Hahn and Kurt Russell. But I think that no one wants to live here. I mean, LA's pretty lax when it comes to crime. In twenty twenty two, we had three hundred and ninety seven murders. That was up almost twelve percent from the previous year, a fifty three percent increased pre pandemic. This year, violent crime is almost three percent compared to March twenty twenty five. Three robberies have increased nine point five Rita. It is so bad that the stores plaster large security images of their shoplifters on the storefront, so trying to humiliate and stop people from shoplifting. I mean, everybody's moving to Austin and Nashville, which I know I saw you visit some of those places recently over the over the last year. So I just think everybody is fleeing and no one wants to live here anymore.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The La Times had an article four years ago about, oh this the numbers fleeing California. They're all the lower socioeconomic people. Rich people are actually moving to California, and then they ran a story four years later a few months ago saying, had the rich we're now fleeing California, and obviously the crime rate and the high state taxes would have a lot to do with that. Now now the Californian resident, Prince Harry is unraveling under the stress of all the court cases and family dramas he's been under. Sources told Heat magazine he's less able to remove himself from the situation than she is. She being Megan, as he's still clinging onto the hope of a family reconciliation that she feels isn't going to happen. It's much more painful for him because he's not been getting any proper updates on Kate or his dad. In her view, it would be a terrible idea to take another trip to the UK right now. He needs a summer of healing and non confrontation. The magazine is also saying that Harry and Meghan have plans to leave America Kinsey if Trump is reelected, with an insider saying if Trump does win, they fear he's going to cause trouble for a lot of people, not just them, but they presume that'd be high targets because he's been pretty open about his disdain for them. If he's in charge and pulling the strings with immigration, it's safe to say he'll do his best to make life as hard as possible for both of them. They fear it would be a disaster for democracy, and on a personal level, they have to leave America.
Speaker 3: That sounds like a campaign ad for Trump.
Speaker 2: Kinsey, I don't know if that's going to scare too many people off voting for Donald Trump.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, Miiley Cyrus told us the same thing, and she's living pretty comfortably still in the United States. My favorite line this came from Heat magazine was the Duke of Sussex is being urged by his wife to take a break, take a break from what his bond want do. Yeah, exactly what does he do? And they said it's hard. It's hard for her to see him clinging to the walls or climbing the walls.
Speaker 3: The way he's been doing.
Speaker 11: And she wants them to take a break from all the toxicity, which is wild because somebody might want to tell her that she is the toxicity.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I laughed when I read that line about he.
Speaker 3: Needs to take a break.
Speaker 2: These two are the most underemployed millionaires in Hollywood day. You really do wonder what they do to fill their days, because other than venting in the media every now and then about how horrible everyone is to them. What's happening with her lifestyle website that was about to take off and then we've stopped hearing about it?
Speaker 11: Or her podcast Lemonada announcing her podcast that she was going to relaunch a podcast. We've got American Revie Orchard. Nothing tangible on the website. Yet what happened to meet me at the Lake is that in production with Netflix. Is Megan still doing her cooking show? No recent shooting for Harry's Polo show. It all seems very up in the air. So maybe they are literally taking a break, reader, because where are they?
Speaker 6: What are they doing.
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: Former Neighbors star Holly Villance has been very outspoken in her support for Nigel Farage and now she's an Her billionaire husband have held a fundraiser for Donald Trump at the Chelsea Mansion in London.
Speaker 3: They were charging up to forty.
Speaker 2: Thousand dollars per person to attend an evening with that Donald Trump Junior you can see there and Kinsey we hear Holly herself gave a speech along with Donald Junior.
Speaker 3: She is getting rather political, isn't she?
Speaker 11: Oh, she absolutely is. She said she would campaign for Farage if he needed her help. And it was actually Farage that took her tomorrow Lago where they spent over an hour with President Trump, and she said she couldn't believe how interested he was in them and their lives and how many questions he asked. She said he was just so curious and not as tough as she expected him to be, so she was pleasantly surprised by him. But I think that she really does believe in the Trump campaign along with the Farage campaign, and she said she endorses Trump because she believes if America is strong, the UK will be strong, and the world will be strong.
Speaker 2: Discofild, thank you so much for your time this evening, and that's it from me.
Speaker 3: Tonight.
Speaker 2: Up next is Newsnight, Don't forget Left is Losing It tomorrow at.
Speaker 3: Nine point thirty pm. Goodnight,