Speaker 1: I'll get a team. It's bloody Harps and Tiff talking over the top of me. What's new? Just another day, Just a Monday, Just a Monday, Doctor Mark Cohen, who was recently on the show, and you all went, oh god, he's good, get him back. And of course we're not recording two episodes in one day. We're definitely not doing that because that would be deceptive. Height tif.
Speaker 2: He is good, though, isn't he?
Speaker 1: He is good? What do you like about him? What do you like about the good doc? While he's sitting in the top left square on my.
Speaker 3: Screen, I just like how different, you know, like down to earth but smart and I don't know, there's just such breadth to everything that he talks about.
Speaker 1: He's not too fancy. He's like an academic ug boot. You know, he's just comfortable, the academic ug boot. He's like an academic ugboot. You can just slip into him. It's just bloody comfy and he makes you feel warm.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: He's familiar and a bit wooly. I'm not sure what that last bit means. I'm not sure that last bit. Good day, mate, welcome back to the show.
Speaker 2: How are you I'm going to use that on my bio.
Speaker 4: I've been called you can just the academic ug boot. That's it.
Speaker 1: You're welcome as long as you put a tiny little asterisk with a ch next to it. Yeah yeah, yeah, copyright mate. Last time you were here, I introed you when we spoke about this kind of mission statement that's on your website. I just repeat it, Ibridge advanced science and ancient wisdom and offer simple, practical solutions that help you. And there was five key things. One finder fun to make sense of life. Three master your mind and body for tame your toxic load. I'm interested in that, and five live happy, healthy and long. So we've done the first two, we're going to lean into the last three. Number three is mastering your mind and body. And of course, for those who didn't hear the first one, have a listen and then come back to this or vice versa. But the doc is not only a medical doctor, but he's also got a PhD in Chinese medicine and engineering electrical and computer systems engineering, So you know, it's a little bit other than that fuck all though, I mean really other than that.
Speaker 4: Nothing. He's a dumb ass, but look, he comes cheap, so here he is.
Speaker 1: So let's talk about See no one else says that to you on a podcast. Bro, Let's talk about number three, which is mastering your mind and body. When I saw mastering, I'm like, he's mastering a good goal or is perhaps coexisting harmoniously with my mind a better goal or a better I don't know.
Speaker 4: Can we master our mind?
Speaker 2: I think we can absolutely, All right, let's go. I'm pack it well. I think the mind is a great servant but a terrible master.
Speaker 3: When your mind masters you, then you know, you end up with mental health issues because you can second guess yourself, you overthink. So I think you need to master your mind rather than having your mind control your life.
Speaker 2: And the same with your body. You need to be the master of your body.
Speaker 3: And and whether it's how you move or what you eat, or the joy that you get from your body is it's one of the great you know, the great things we do in while we're alive is we have this body and we live.
Speaker 2: In the world.
Speaker 3: So I think we do need to master our mind and body. And not that we have a mind. We are not our mind. You know, we have a body. We are not our body. So it gives you this meta level to live through.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this which my listeners hate me talking about metacognition and that better awareness and met it. My PhD is met a perception. Trying to understand how others see you all that. That's like the funny thing about trying to master your mind is you've kind of got to understand your mind to master it. And then how do you understand your mind when the tool that you're analyzing your mind with is your mind? You know, it's a mind fuck. It's like you're trying to the thing you're trying to understand. You're looking at with the thing that you're trying to understand.
Speaker 3: So so my approach to that is trying to turn your mind off. And one of the things to both master your mind and body is, and I'll get a bit esoteric and spiritual here, is to really get into stillness by turning your mind off and actively doing nothing. And you might you might think you're doing nothing. People what do you do on the weekend? And I did nothing out the couch watching Netflix. But doing nothing is actually a spiritual dat of it. And you might think you're doing nothing, but there's always less you can do. Wow, if you look at these ancient practices. I mean the practice of yoga was I mean yoga physical arsenal, you know, yoga postures was really to get a comfortable seat so then you could meditate. And when you meditate, the aim of meditation is to turn your mind off, so you're actually not thinking. It's from that position of not thinking and not and being comfortable still that you get the greatest movement and activity. And that's also in a lot of Eastern philosophies, whether it's martial arts, but also in juggling in ballet, you get the greatest movement from the stillest point. So your physical center of gravity is just below your navel.
Speaker 2: They call it the dunti.
Speaker 3: En naval and the pubic bone. And that's the point where if you shove a spear through someone, they'll spin or if you know, that's the point where a ballerina will get held up, or an acrobat will spin around, or a juggling point still so they can juggle all the things in the air. That's the point where a martial artist will move from to kick and punch and be active. So have the greatest still point. It gives you the ability to have the greatest resilience and the greatest flexibility of movement. So cultivating a still point, and that's both in mind and body, that gives you that meta cognition, that meta analysis.
Speaker 2: Of you know, when I'm in movement, where where am I moving from? You know? Who are you when you're totally still?
Speaker 3: And there's a lot of ways to get to that still point, and I find that the best way to get to the still point is actually through activity and then come back to stillness. And again, I mean yoga is a great example where you'll do a yoga class and you'll stretch one way, you'll stretch the other way, and then at the end of the class you'll do a a shavasena, the relaxation, the corpse pose, and you can go into really deep stillness because you've exercised. If you just went to the start of the class and did that corpse pose and tried to still, you wouldn't get that same stillness. So it's by having getting that activity out of the way and go into the extremes of activity.
Speaker 2: And again, and.
Speaker 3: Yoga you've got to be you don't just stretch, you go to the extreme point of that stretch to the point where if you go a bit further you're going to hurt yourself. You have to stop yourself and know what is your limit, and that physical limit.
Speaker 2: Then once you know the edge, then you can find the middle. And that that works with physical exertion, works with hot and cold.
Speaker 3: You know, you go to a sword in a nice ba if you get to the point where you're either so hot or so cold, you.
Speaker 2: Think, hey, you know, I need to get out. And after you've done that, and I see.
Speaker 3: A lot of practices don't talk about this, and I'm one of the ones. I always emphasized you need to rest afterwards after you've done cold, you know, and just doing hot or just doing cold isn't as good as doing both. So do hot and then cold, But then you rest and because you've done the hot and cold, your body can come back into homeostasis. You know, that's a biological principle. Homeostasis is when you know you have a constant internal environment where you can have stillness in the midst of environmental activity and uncertainty. So cultivating that helps you master your mind and body. And there's a lot of ways you can master being still, but it's really setting aside time to actively do nothing. And I find so many people in the modern world, you know, they're always doing something. And now we've got phones and people just doom scroll on their phones. If the people don't be bored. When I was a kid, you know, in the sixties and seventies, you know, there were times when we were just bored and we just had to be with ourselves.
Speaker 2: You know, looking up of the sky and watching the clouds or whatever it was.
Speaker 3: But cultivating that stillness is actually a really high level of mastery, and that's confirmed in all my research into ancient you know, meditation traditions and spiritual traditions and martial arts traditions. Of cultivating that stillness gives you that mastery of the both mind and body.
Speaker 1: It's like being busy as a badge of honor these days, you know, the busy badge.
Speaker 4: How are you busy? What's going on? Busy? Everyone's busy.
Speaker 1: It's like that's like scoring social branding points. And if it's you don't want to say what are you up to?
Speaker 4: Nothing? Because that's bad. You can't say nothing because that's that's a negative.
Speaker 3: Well, I like to you to do extremes. I like to be I mean, I love to be busy. I want to be fully engaged and use my whole capacity. So you know, we talked I think last time we talked about having a capacity that matches or having a challenge that matches your capacity that means you're actually trying to deal with everything, but alternating that with being just totally in the moment and doing nothing. I think last week also talked about what we're talking about, being preser but also the future, hopping to be content but also not happy, you know, trying to change things. And it's this dialectic, this dilemma of being really busy at times but also having other times when you can just absolutely do nothing. And when I say doing nothing, there's not just lying on the couch just you know, yeah, it's like how little can you do?
Speaker 2: And going into that.
Speaker 3: And there are practices, whether it's breathing practices or doing hot and cold or yoga, where you can actually reduce your heart rate, you can reduce your respiratory rate, you can turn off your monkey mind, so you can actually really get into physiologically doing nothing as well as mentally and in terms of activity. And that's actually a really deep practice and the more you can master that that, the more you can actually do when you're busy, and the more productive you're.
Speaker 2: Going to be when you're busy.
Speaker 1: A friend of mine told me years ago, Doc, maybe twenty years ago, twenty five, Tiff, could you do me a favor and find out when the Power of Now came out? I think it was maybe mid to late nineties to read the Power of Now by Kattail, which, of course you know. And I remember I've read about five to ten pages. I'm like, this is fucking mumbo jumbo. This is such bullshit, pseudo whatever, spiritual psycho babble. And I put it away and I came back to it about five years later, I don't know, a significant time later, and I just picked it up again because so many people had said, oh it's incredible.
Speaker 4: I'm like, I'll give it another go. And I started reading. I'm like, oh my god, this is brilliant. How long has this been around?
Speaker 1: And it was funny, the same guy reading the same words. But I was something had shifted in me and the thing that didn't make any sense made all the sense.
Speaker 4: So got an answer.
Speaker 2: Tiff ninety ninety seven.
Speaker 1: Ninety seven, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah, so that's what's that twenty seven years ago. But that idea, thank you, that idea of like being the observer of your thoughts, like, you know, the awareness of everything I'm not you know that I'm like what what? Well, if I'm not my thoughts, who is or what is the observer? Like what is the observer? Where the fuck's he?
Speaker 4: Or is it a he? Maybe it's not a he. Maybe it's just awareness.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't actually be totally in the moment and be thinking. Thinking is in the past or the future. I've got a I've spent thirty eight years writing my first poem I ever wrote. It took thirty eight years to rise, and a very dense poem about Chinese cosmology, Western physics, thermodynamics, mindfulness.
Speaker 2: And it's now a children's book called Bing and Bang Begin. But there's a.
Speaker 3: Lining there and it goes through nothing, everything, something, anything and king and thinking.
Speaker 2: There's a few lines here but says.
Speaker 3: Thinking can never know, can actually never be in the now, to just be in the moment.
Speaker 2: Thinking doesn't know how over the past and the future.
Speaker 3: Thinking has free reign, but the present is not part of thinking's domain. Wow dilemma because when you're in the present, you're not thinking. You're either in the moment or you're active at doing nothing. And it's when you're thinking, it's either you're thinking about something that's happened or something that will happen. And this is this dilemma we keep on coming back to, where how can we be fully present in the moment but still have ambitions for the future and still be forward thinking? And I think are totally He really made ancient philosophy popular by bringing people back into the moment because our society goes through this pendulum swing of you, we have to be busy, we have to be engaged, and that's that's how we rate ourselves of how busy are we have much money we're making, how much activity? And what have we accomplished and not realizing that by actively doing nothing and accomplishing nothing in that moment is a great accomplishment.
Speaker 1: M Yes, and back to just quickly met a cognition is like starting to become aware of your own thoughts and then getting curious about your thoughts. Why do I think that, Why is that that thing happened? And my story about the thing is this? Where did that story about that thing come from and does that serve me or sabotage me.
Speaker 2: Well, that's when you start healing back the layers of who you are.
Speaker 3: One of the things actually that really changed the trajectory of my life.
Speaker 2: I was in thirty medicine ninety eighty four, I think eighty four.
Speaker 3: I was in thirty medicine and we had this lecture on primal therapy, which is when you do a regression back to birth and you realize all the you know, the birth trauma that you have and for most people earth.
Speaker 2: Is traumatic, but how that actually affects your life?
Speaker 3: And I came up with a model then, and it actually it was because of doing that that I did an honest degree and that honestly we end up doing Chinese medicine and that set of a whole trajectory. But the idea that when we have situations we can't deal with, especially as an infant or as a child, that sort of ossifies part of our sort of closes a system, and we do that to protect ourselves, but then that closed system dominates our thinking for the rest of our life unless we unpack it. And that's when when you do this metacognition, you're saying why do I think that? And then you go back to a past trauma or a past event that actually set your.
Speaker 2: Thinking in stone.
Speaker 3: And when you can unpack that, you become more flexible and it opens up unconscious. You can make unconscious processes more conscious. That then gives you greater flexibility, because when you're dominated by unconscious processes, you're rigid and you think you don't have control.
Speaker 2: Over what's going on because it's not conscious.
Speaker 3: So it's a process of I'm healing me young and going back to why are you're thinking that, what happened in my life that made me do that?
Speaker 2: And unpacking that with patience.
Speaker 3: Often you'll talk to patients about when did you stop enjoying life or what traumas did you have, and then you can analyze that and realize that traumatic event really set the whole trajectory that ended up as a physical illness.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's really powerful. That metacognition is actually a really powerful process.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's very high.
Speaker 1: Level self awareness, you know, self reflection, self awareness.
Speaker 4: All right, So we're not going to get through all three, but that's all right.
Speaker 1: So last time we did find the fun and make sense of life today we're going to do, which we're just mastering your mind and body.
Speaker 4: Let's talk about tame your toxic load.
Speaker 1: So what do you referring to when you say, I'm sure it's not one thing, but many things.
Speaker 4: What is toxic load?
Speaker 3: So we have exposed to so much toxicity in the word, I mean our body makes toxins, I mean metabolic waste products and they have to excrete.
Speaker 2: So a lot of our.
Speaker 3: Organs, you know, liver and kidneys and sweat, and you know, we excreete toxicity. But there's and I break everything to five and we can talk about that another But there's a lot of toxicity we're exposed to with different types of toxicity.
Speaker 2: So that's a lot.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of chemical toxicity, and that's in our air and our water and our food.
Speaker 2: You know, in our environment everywhere.
Speaker 3: There's electromagnetic radiation, there's biological toxicity mold and all those sort of things. There are different types of toxicity. Then there's the dose, like how much do you get? And in the last probably fifteen years, we've learnt a lot about endocrine disruptors and how you can have very small doses.
Speaker 2: Have very large effects. Live phalates yeah, thalates and.
Speaker 3: The whole range of endocondristuffs A pfas and all the perfluorinated compounds, brominated compounds, and all the xeno estrogens. So you know, very very small doses and even heavy metal with mercury and things like that, a very small dose on lead can have a very very big effect. The type of toxicity, the dose, the timing of when you're exposed. If you're exposed as an infant or a fetuses, has much more long lasting effect than if you're exposed as an adult.
Speaker 2: Then you have the combination the cocktails.
Speaker 3: Because they when they look at toxicity in the lads, they look at one chemical at a time. They don't look at the chemical cocktails that we're exposed to. And everyone has a unique exposure history based on where you're born and what you eat, and you know who you are and the environment where you live, so.
Speaker 2: That that mixture has an effect. And there's there's something from nothing effect. We can get two chemicals.
Speaker 3: And individually they don't do any any damage, but when you put them together they actually do damage.
Speaker 2: That's the something from nothing effect. And then finally there's luck and the luck of.
Speaker 3: Who are your parents, and what are your genetics and where born and where do you live and where have you traveled in your life because there's environmental disasters and you know, industrial accidents and even natural you know, toxic from you know read it's radioactive elements in the well in your water well or arsenic or whatever in the natural environment and the industry that you're living around all have into play into our toxic exposure.
Speaker 2: So you know, it's the type, the dose, the.
Speaker 3: Timing, the mixture and luck impact on our life. And that toxic load that we build up over our life has a huge influence on what disease we're going to get, how healthy we are, our capacity to enjoy life, and how long we're going to live. And there's a lot of things we can do to reduce those things through being conscious of our choices of you know, what we're going to eat.
Speaker 2: And I've done research.
Speaker 3: Two thousand and eight, I think we published a study that showed just one week of eighty percent organic food will reduce your pesticide load by ninety percent.
Speaker 2: Wow. And that was allgano phosphate pesticides.
Speaker 3: And that's again of phosphate pesticides with a newer they're neurotoxins, are based on nerve gas, but they replace the organo chlorine pesticides, which are that soluble they're really hard to get rid of. But they're gano phosphate pesticides. They're more toxic, but they're water soluble, so eventually you pee them out. So if you stick put them in your body, after a week, ninety percent of them are gone. So that so there are ukn eate choices to reduce your your toxic load and enhance excretion, so you drinking good water and sweating and using your body and having herbs that will stimulate your liver and your kidneys to excrete things.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot we can do to reduce that toxic load.
Speaker 3: And we talked about having those unconscious processes conscious and then you actually get more flexibility in your life.
Speaker 2: When you reduce the toxicity in your body and your.
Speaker 3: Toxic load, your physiological unconscious activity becomes more responsive, so your mitochondria work better, you have more energy. You actually you get more enjoyment from life, and your pain levels go down, your disease levels go down, inflammation goes down. So toxicity is a major influence and when I did a deep dive, and I've got lectures on this, and it's really depressing when you start researching it. It's really like I got depressed for quite a few years because I went I really researched all those different elements and you realize the ocean, I mean some fascinating stuff. So there was one study they did on whale ear wax. So apparently whales have ears and they don't clean them. So after you know, whale came with eighty years and they end up with these big long candle of wax in their ears. And that wax is like tree rings because it gets laid down each year and waxes by substance. So whatever's toxicity in the ocean, it gets laid down. So they can look at the history of the toxicity of the oceans because whales travel over vast areas of ocean, and they can see that the level of toxicity. And what they notice is that a whale, just like a human infant, will get a big dose of toxicity as an infant when they're breastfeeding, because when you breastfeed, you're actually getting the concentrated toxicity, if that's soluble toxicity from your mother into the infant and then it continues. Then you get exposed through the environment, and they show that the oceans have become much more toxic over the last eighty years, and this whale ear wax is one of the measures they can actually look look at that.
Speaker 4: That's buddy, that's incredible.
Speaker 1: Well all right, what about what about it's going to sound weird, but toxic people or toxic workplaces or like, I feel like being around some people is bad for your health, not not just mentally but also physically.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: I mean, there's that that's sort of truism in popular culture, saying you are the average of the five people you spend most time with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and that's true.
Speaker 3: You can actually if you're around toxic people, negative people, and you know you know who they are in your life, they actually have a huge impact on you. So surrounding yourself by positive people, people who are on the same wavelength of.
Speaker 2: You, people that make you feel good. And again it's my focus on focusing on fun. You want to be around.
Speaker 3: People who you enjoy being around, who you laugh with, you can learn with, you can share with, and who you don't have to put up a front and be someone else with you, so you can be your totally natural self.
Speaker 2: And if you're a lot of people in their work environments they can't be their natural self.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they have to put on a work suit and I work face and be around toxic people and often in toxic industries as well, doing jobs that they don't it's not about their passion. It's just about getting a paycheck. And even that's toxic. Just working in a dead end job or a job that's not aligned with who you are, that in itself is toxic and being around people who are toxic to you.
Speaker 2: Has an impact not just on.
Speaker 3: Your enjoyments of life, but your physical health, your mental health, and your longevity.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And conversely, tiff dogs and cats of therapeutic, aren't they They're healing.
Speaker 2: Because you don't have to have to be anyone else with your dog.
Speaker 3: You just be yourself and your dog will love you for who you are and the best And yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Can ensure your dogs make you happy.
Speaker 3: And I mean there's all the touch and the you know, the tactile sensation and that.
Speaker 2: Positive regard that you get from the dog and the fact that actually have to.
Speaker 3: Look after them and be of service and being of service is actually a great positive action in the world because it gives you purpose.
Speaker 2: So looking at for animals.
Speaker 4: There one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: I feel like just like being around some people is literally I mean, there's there's been research showing that like being around some people can suppress your immune system, like like yeah, because you know, and increase cortisol and adrenaline and sympathetic nervous system action.
Speaker 4: And all that stuff. What about.
Speaker 1: Stimulants and booze and drugs in general, Like, what's your mean? I know that's a very vast playing field and there's a million different drugs, and what do you tell people? Because we live in a culture that is pretty heavily I was going to say, focused on, not focused on, but connected to booze. Like we're coming up to Christmas as we record this, there's going to be a lot of booze going on at most Christmas lunches and dinners.
Speaker 3: DoD Civilization has been built on sugar, caffeine, alcohol, right, they're the drink I mean, tobacco as well, and other things. And if you look at the whole history of civilization, it was all about the spice trade and getting drugs and opium and tea, I mean tea and caffeine at the whole East India Tea Company. It's all about tea and it's all about drugs. Drugs are an essential part of who we are as humans. Yeah, but I think the way that our culture has developedn't Isn't that actually healthy? And you look because and you look at that, I mean, most people aren't healthy. We have the huge range of chronic disease. Sixty percent of the population have chronic disease. And you know, sugar, alcohol and caffeine drive society.
Speaker 2: So we have a caffeine in the morning to hype us up.
Speaker 3: We have sugar to keep us active during the day, and we have alcohol in the evening to calm us down. And when you have it like that, it's actually not healthy at all. And I'm a big fan of me. And I'm not anti alcohol or you know, caffee. I mean personally, I don't drink coffee. I just don't need the stimulation. I hype enough as it is. I had alcohol rarely, certainly, not every day, maybe once a week.
Speaker 2: I have a drink.
Speaker 3: But I'm certainly not against alcohol, but I'm not a big proponent of it.
Speaker 2: And sugar. I don't have refined sugar.
Speaker 3: In my life, but I love you know, I love sweet things. But in Chinese medicine say you want to balance sweet, salty, spicy, sour, and bitter, So how do you balance those tastes in your life? And so having sweets important, but you want to balance this. And most people actually don't have enough bitter in their life. And if you don't have enough bitter, you'll crave sweets. And a lot of people get there bitter from coffee and chocolate, not from herbs.
Speaker 2: So a lot of people they think they love coffee, and I.
Speaker 3: Mean they do love coffee and chocolate, and you do sweeten them, but they're actually craving the bitters. And if you have enough bitter, you actually reduce your sweet craving.
Speaker 2: So there's some elements there. But coming into the holidays, yeah, I mean, alcohol is a it's alcohol is directly toxic to every organ in your body. As a medical.
Speaker 3: Student, came up a mnemonic for alcoholic liver disease, and the moonic is basically the whole alphabet. Every letter of the alphabet is one of the signs and symptoms of alcoholic liver disease. So it's directly every organ in your body. And that's not to say that you should never have it, but to have a society that's based on it, like you know in Australia, like any local town has a pub and maybe you know it's something else that the pubs like the center of the of the town and of our civilization has been built on this depressant, depressant, and that's that's played out.
Speaker 2: I'm used to.
Speaker 3: I don't know the latest staff when I was in working in the hospitals eased to say forty percent of all hospital emission were alcohol related.
Speaker 2: Wow, it might be more than that now and that includes you know the pfos.
Speaker 3: What they could use to do a PFO was piston fell over, you know in the emergency department. That's a PFO piston fell over on a Saturday night. But you know, whether it's some car accidents, alcoholic liver disease, obesity and all the all the sequeally of alcohol is really dominating our health system. So alcohol can be it can be great, but it's not something to have to overdo.
Speaker 2: But but it's part of our culture.
Speaker 3: I mean, as a doctor, I still do a little bit about doing that three hours a week in medical practice, and I prescribe medical cannabis and that can be again everybody, but can be a game change to the people, certainly for sleep and inflammation and pain, and there are certain conditions that it can be grateful gettings off for everybody.
Speaker 2: But I'm not against drugs, but I do think there's a you need to use them very consciously and not as a habit, as a.
Speaker 3: Habit if you're if you're habitually using stimulants or depressants, then you're really good.
Speaker 2: A question, you know, how do I have? Who am I?
Speaker 3: And how can I find stillness and happiness without that? If you depend on drugs for your your mental health and well being, then you actually in trouble.
Speaker 1: So if it's just dount of interest, because I've never had any drugs and I've never been drunk, so I'm the world's most boring man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've never.
Speaker 2: Go through life and I've been dragon. That's that's no.
Speaker 1: I've never had a glass of never been drunk, never been high. So CB D oil is that's am I right saying that's the non psychoactive THHC is the psychoactive bit and CB So cb D oil doesn't get you high.
Speaker 4: What is it is? It mainly for inflammation reduction, or.
Speaker 2: It's for lots of things.
Speaker 3: You can think of it as like really good fish oil, Like it's an oil that I mean, you have an endocannabinoid system in your body and see the oil matches that, so we actually have a system in our body that is receptive to that. So it can help with inflammation, it helps with mood stabilization, it.
Speaker 2: Can help, it helps with so many things. Again, it's not for everybody. But it doesn't get you high. You won't you don't get stoned off CBB right.
Speaker 3: And it's funny because in Australia and I just got back from Europe, and in Europe and England and in Americas and three times in America this year, you can buye over the counter and there's all these health products and supplements and even topical skincare that have CBD in it.
Speaker 2: In Australia it's only on prescription, so as.
Speaker 3: A doctor prescribe it, but you can't go to the health is stored by CBD products, whereas you can in a lot of the world.
Speaker 2: So it's really funny how drugs are regulated in.
Speaker 3: Different societies and how those societies adapt to that. But you can go to any bottle shop and buy as much alcohol as you want, which alcohol is psychoactive. You know you being drunk is a psychoactive state. So yeah, so CBD is there's always no downsides to it. You can't overdose, it doesn't have serious side effects, it doesn't really interact with other drugs, and it can have a great benefit. But it's restricted in terms of you need a doctor to prescribe, and there are different doses, and there's different formats and now there's you know you can there's inhalers, there's vabes, there's oils, there's gummies, there's all these different dosage forms.
Speaker 2: There's topical patches and things, and.
Speaker 3: It can be a game changer for a lot of people, but the bureaucracy makes it hard to access at the moment.
Speaker 4: So weird, so so weird.
Speaker 1: I'd love to do I'd love to do a show one day where we talk about all the the drugs or substances or treatments that you think should be legal that aren't and why Anyway, Hey mate, it's always good chatting to you. I appreciate you. Tell people how to find you and follow you and connect with you if if you're interested.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I have a website doctor mark dot com, Dr M A r C dot Co.
Speaker 2: I'm actually a little bit on Facebook and LinkedIn.
Speaker 3: I have a company, Extremely Alive, which makes probiotic kombucha, vinigar and herbs and Manuka honey. And one of the things I do with my products, like I have all these products, but I actually teach people to make themselves. And maybe we can talk about that another time where you where you know. I love making really high quality products, but I don't want to have them every exclusive. As you know, there's a lot of wellness very inaccessible to people. So I'll always have a product, right, I'll teach you how to make it yourself at home for free.
Speaker 2: Wow. Fan of empowering to their own.
Speaker 4: Horrible business man. Yeah, well again, I'm kidding. I'm only kidding.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not. I've never been focused on business.
Speaker 3: I mean I I do businesses because I have a water filtered business because I just wanted people to have good water. And I created this kombuchi company, Easha Vinegars because I wanted to make the world's best drink for myself. And I had a friend who had an incredible kombuci company that I did research on and showed we did the first ever clinical trial of kombucha.
Speaker 2: Wow, so extremely A live is our is our brand where we've just started off.
Speaker 3: We've just created ox Wolves, which are kimbucha, vinegar, honey, manuka honey and herbs and we've just launched them. But again, we'll teach people to make it themselves. This is an ancient medicine. It's it's not difficult, but a lot of that knowledge has been lost. So I'm about empowering people to do good stuff. So yeah, find me on my website reach out. I'm happy to converse with people.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Will say goodbye here, but as always, mate, brilliant, thank you so much, appreciate your time, my pleasure.
Speaker 2: Great thanks