Speaker 1: Good evening and welcome to the readA Panney Show. Coming up tonight. The hypocrisy of the Teals as Simon Holmes accord claims that their MPs are victims of misogyny. The panel will be here to discuss that and plenty more extreme violence in Alice Springs as the Chief Minister seeks to introduce the toughest bail laws in the country. Matt Cunningham will join me shortly. Alex Stein and Coridangelis will have the latest from the US and Left Is Losing It features the historically illiterate Joyanne.
Speaker 2: Read the Roman Empire didn't survive because it didn't have enough strength in its diversity.
Speaker 3: It suppressed its diversity and it died.
Speaker 1: But First Foreign Minister Penny Wong has once again fanned the flames for an Indigenous voice to Parliament. Sitting down on an episode of the but Tutor Talks podcast, Pennywong said Australians in the future will be dumbfounded to know that they vote against such an important issue.
Speaker 4: Look, I think we'll look back on it in ten years time and it'll be a bit like marriage equality. Don't you reckon? Like I always just say marriage equality, which took us such a bloody fight to get that done. And I thought, all this fuss, it'll become something to be like people go, do we have an argument about that? They weren't even like kids today any even adults today barely kind of clock that it used to be an issue.
Speaker 5: Joining me now four more on this is our panel.
Speaker 1: Sky News contributors pro McSween and Tina McQueen ladies. The Australian people voted sixty.
Speaker 5: To forty No. It was a landslide.
Speaker 1: Every state voted no, despite the No camp having a fraction of the money of the Yes camp to campaign pre I'll start with you, why is the Albanezy government trying to re litigate this issue?
Speaker 6: Because they have no respect for the Australian people. They have their own agenda and they're in ten on delivering it. And you know the hypocrisy of this woman who opposed the initial marriage equality bill or proposal by the Greens.
Speaker 7: In twenty ten.
Speaker 6: Is using that as an example of how people change their mind. Well, she certainly changed their mind, didn't she. But the fact that they've got in their budget, you know, an allocation of money for the truth telling and the treaty. We know the macarata is. They're on the agenda and they're going to force it through and they don't care because they're so cocky now they think that they can inflict anything they like.
Speaker 7: On the Australian people and we'll copy it.
Speaker 6: And frankly, if they get in on May three, we are copying it.
Speaker 1: Well, Tina, perhaps the Coalition would have campaigned on this issue, campaign on the fact that we had this expensive, divisive voice or referee and put the notion out there that they're going to try this again, because what we heard there from Penny Wong is clear evidence that Labor has not accepted or has any respect for the will of the Australian people.
Speaker 8: No respect at all retail.
Speaker 9: Look, I'm in absolute disbelief that the Coalition hasn't got hard on this. I mean, we had a wonderful win with the Voice under circumstances that didn't favor us at all, just Enter Price single handedly. I just can't believe we've ignored this issue. And everyone knows that Albanezi can be a little bit vindictive, hates to lose, and if they do form government on May third, I can promise you in the first couple of weeks that will reintroduce this.
Speaker 8: They'll have no respect for the voice vote.
Speaker 9: I'm in shock that we haven't just campaigned on this hard the last few weeks.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, Labor are running another medi scare campaign. They're the ones running the scare campaigns though they are in power, and the coalition seems to have been reluctant to go negative to actually point out this isn't just a scare campaign.
Speaker 5: This is a real possibility.
Speaker 1: This is what they did last time around, and they haven't accepted the umpire's decision. They're pushing ahead with this race agenda and if they're in coalition with the Greens, then watch out. Now let's talk about Simon Holmes Accord. He has claimed that many of the female til MPs he backs are at risk of losing their seats and it's due to misogyny. Simonomes Accord said, there are misleading, misogynistic attacks to undermine the credibility of these women. But ladies, Simon Homes, the court seems to have a bit of a short memory because it seems to have been very comfortable with these sort of attacks against conservative politicians. Let's look at just a few examples. Back in twenty twenty two, you use the term crumb maidens a derogatory term to describe Anne Roston, Kayla Cash, Maurice Payne. In twenty twenty two, he also called Victorian MP Katie Allen pathetic and told Susan Lay to get in the bin. And who can forget his conduct with Liberal MP Jane Hume last week her homes of Court called her the nanny. In twenty nineteen, he accused her of bitchiness, and during the twenty two election campaign he accosted her at a polling booth after Hume told him numerous times to just leave me alone.
Speaker 5: We remember all that footage, Tina.
Speaker 1: It seems that Simon Holmes the Court has a pretty hazy memory when it comes to women copying unfair treatment in politics.
Speaker 9: Very selective and it's also apparent from the previous statements the conservative women simply don't count. And this is quite often the case across the board. His comments have been disrespectful and wopeful to conservative women. Yet now he's trying to make out it's the teal candidate.
Speaker 8: He's women that are hard done by. Nothing could be further from the truth.
Speaker 9: I do hope he's right, though I hope some of them at least lose their seats. But he should be more good that he responded to Jane him. But he should be more careful and treat all women with respect, not just those that he pays their campaigns.
Speaker 5: Prue.
Speaker 1: This is not isolated when it comes to the left. They're very sensitive to any hints of misogyny sexism when it's targeted at leftist women, but they are guilty of just heinous behavior us. Some of the most reprehensible things I have seen online targeted at women are targeted at conservative women, and the Sisterhood doesn't come in to defend them. The Sisterhood isn't there to say this sort of behavior is unacceptable.
Speaker 7: Read did they have double standards? Don't they?
Speaker 6: The hypocrisy is astounding, or probably not so astounding these days. We're so used to it from any of the lefties. But you know, you have this spoil little rich boy who's got this big bank, big wallet, and he's not happy. He's stamping his foot because it's not going his way. And you know, thankfully people are waking up to the teals. These con artists who pretend to be something and are definitely the opposite.
Speaker 7: So I'm delighted that they're under threat.
Speaker 6: I just hope that the donors and many of whom I'm sure are you know, people have invested quite heavily in the renewables.
Speaker 7: Scam as far as I'm concerned, will.
Speaker 6: Wake up to the fact that, you know, they're backing the wrong horse.
Speaker 7: But I doubt it.
Speaker 6: When money is in line, you know, they'll always go after the money trail.
Speaker 1: Now, as we reach the final days of the election campaign, it seems like the cringe worthy posts from the candidates are getting worse. Let's take a look here at a labor candidate for Ali France. She's contesting Peter Dutton's seat of Dixon. Just inspiring stuff there. Now, when it comes to weapon grade cringe, the Greens are among the worst offenders. Let's have a look at Green's letter, Adam Band's.
Speaker 5: Work friend, Bady friends.
Speaker 10: Friend.
Speaker 5: Okay, there's worse.
Speaker 1: Take a look here at Green's candidate Mandy Nolan, who seems to think that if we get rid of coal and gas projects, we will somehow be able to fund health and education better. And she also thinks she cannot cap mortgage payments.
Speaker 11: You know what would make sense if we've got dental in domedicair, and we had a limit on mortgage and rent increases, and we stopped opening cold and gasmine in the middle of a climate crisis, so we can fund health and education and make sure that everyone has a secure home.
Speaker 7: Proue.
Speaker 1: This is just a fantasy in material. We perhaps should start having some truth in advertising regulations when it comes to the Greens.
Speaker 6: Well, it's astounding that there isn't truth in advertising. This whole campaign has been a campaign of fabrications, misinformation and lies.
Speaker 7: The ads that we see at nauseum.
Speaker 6: Are all lies, and yet they're getting away with it. Where is the consumer protection? And we've got these influencers who apparently have a brain. I have yet to determine if they do, but they're going to squeal the loudest. You know that last one said nothing changes. If nothing changes, well if they keep if they actually do vote in Labor and the Greens, nothing will change.
Speaker 8: You know, reader, It's sad.
Speaker 9: I mean we sit back and eye up and laugh at these ads, but it's frightening. Some of these people may actually get elected. And if someone like that is elected, that's the scary part. So as much as we'd like to mop and make fun of these ads, because they are ridiculous with some demographics, they work and it's.
Speaker 6: Scary and they're going to squeal so loudly when they can't power up their influencer, you know, spotlights and post it and charge their phones. They're going to wonder what happened, Well, they deserve what's coming to them.
Speaker 1: Well, they'll blame somebody else. They'll never take responsibility that the very policies that advocated for has brought about the pain they're suffering.
Speaker 5: Now, let's have a look at this bit.
Speaker 1: Of satire from the days when the chaser was actually funny. This is why people used to vote for the Greens before they become I don't know what do you call them these days, far left extremists.
Speaker 9: I felt disillusioned and let down by the two major parties.
Speaker 4: That's why I voted Greens.
Speaker 8: I'm an inner city trending who's never had to.
Speaker 1: Deal with really shees like drought, transport or having to run your own business.
Speaker 5: That's why I voted Greens. I'm trying to get into the pans.
Speaker 12: So this hot hippie girl is into dolphins and shit.
Speaker 5: That's why I voted Greens.
Speaker 13: I'm a cool hepster from Melbourne who always lives against the Green just a.
Speaker 9: Look alternative, That's why I voted Greens.
Speaker 14: I was just staying on an elections.
Speaker 7: Tita.
Speaker 1: They used to be a joke, we used to mock them, but really you look at them now, you look at the policies that advocate for the anti Semitism, the hostility to Australia. They're a dangerous party and they may hold the balance of power. In fact, that's possibly the most likely scenario, as the Poles stand tonight tonight and all.
Speaker 9: These young people but you know, rushing to vote for them. What about the inheritance tax guys they might introduce. Honestly, you're all think of the future, think of your inheritance, Think very carefully before your vote Green. Although I haven't seen, they're not moving too much in the polls, hopefully their vote will drop this election.
Speaker 1: Reta now, Housing Minister Clara O'Neill has distanced herself from ten potential volunteers linked to the Chinese Communist Party in her electorate of Hotham. A Chinese Australian labor member who describes himself as a friend of Miss O'Neill reportedly used an intermediri to gather ten Chinese Australians to staff polling boots on election day. And this all comes claims of possible foreign interference involving till MP Monique ran in the seat of Qyong. There are approximately one point four million Australians with Chinese ancestry living in the country right now.
Speaker 5: It's a pretty significant voting block.
Speaker 7: Well, this is the problem.
Speaker 6: You know, both parties will all parties want to court them. A diasper has quite a powerful influence. And what's concerning is the contradiction. So we have Clara O'Neil saying that this mister Ji, who is associated with the Communist Party in China, volunteered to supply volunteers, but then he said that her offers reached out. We've got Andrew Charlton who's accusing Liberal volunteers of being part of the exclusive Brethren. And we have, as you said, Mcmonique Ryan who's seemingly having or for some amazing reason, these Chinese are again volunteering for her. So there needs to be a whole investigation. I believe into this because it's quite dangerous and when we have political parties who are potentially being influenced by the Communist Party of China, then we're in for a really bad time. So it cannot be ignored. This is very significant and we need an investigation.
Speaker 5: Tina.
Speaker 1: Is this part of the reason why the Albanese government is so soft on China even as their warships are in our territory, because they know there's one point four million voters with a link to China and some of them, maybe many of them, do have some feelings of allegiance and they don't like to see criticism of China.
Speaker 8: That's true.
Speaker 9: There's no doubt that Albanesi is very careful not to raffle China's feathers. Look traditionally, a lot of the Chinese voters in electorates are conservative voters. But as you say, there is this strong pool to the home country. So yeah, Albanese is really tiptoeing about the whole China and I think this is something done and again didn't capitalize on to show our strength.
Speaker 8: The countries will stand up to.
Speaker 9: I mean, there's so many things during this election we should have been more firm on reader that will be no doubt looked at closely after the election went Sadly, it's all too late.
Speaker 1: Well, we've been talking about it for weeks, even before the election was called. We were in talking about the coalition being bolder, being stronger, being clear in how they differentiate themselves from Labor. And there are so many policy areas where they could have done that energy being right up there, immigration policy, population policy. If they came in saying we're going to slash immigration by fifty percent because we cannot cope with five hundred thousand people a year coming in as they did under Labor, I think that would have spoke to the electorate. But they have just declined to do that. It's been a bizarre campaign as far as I've seen. Before you go, Lateies, I wanted to bring you a bit of a Megan Markle. It's been a while since we've talked about the Duchess. She appeared on a Friends podcast this week. A woman who is even more annoying than Megan. Her name is Jamie kurrent Lima. And here, I mean, the whole thing is just so painful. I've just picked one little clip here. She just talks about just what an incredible work ethic she has.
Speaker 15: My gosh, I work so hard, and I appreciate what hard work looks like. I like working hard, and I'm still working hard. Right the moment that everything sells out, it doesn't mean that we're done. Yeah, it means we're working on replenishment and what are the next cues and what's the next tranch of products and what's the timing on that, and writing the newsletters and writing their social media captions and making sure that all that appeels in line and what's the cadence of it, and what's the photography that we want to.
Speaker 7: Do and what do I want to wear for those shoots?
Speaker 15: While also editing all the time coded notes for season two of With Love Meghan, and then being in edits for the podcast and making and being a mom and a wife and a friend.
Speaker 1: Yes, the work ethic must just be grueling, writing social media captions, deciding.
Speaker 5: What she's going to wear, being a MoMA prue.
Speaker 1: It's too much for me that there's only small doses of that podcast I can consume because it's just too.
Speaker 7: Posting that long.
Speaker 6: I mean it is, so that is enough to make you go to the toilet. I've got to say, you know, it is revolting. That woman is just something else. So he's made his bed, poor h as she calls him, you know, what a silly boy here is, and he's going to learn the hard way.
Speaker 8: I think it's just exhausting watching her, you know.
Speaker 9: And I love how she rabbits on about her children and her love of family. How long since she's spoken to a poor sick father.
Speaker 8: Yeah, such a hypocrite. It's exhausting and hard to watch for it, and.
Speaker 1: Separated Harry from his family, and did it whilst his much loved grandmother was ailing. I mean, let's not forget that. Pre McSween teena McQueen, thank you so much for your time. Now to the Northern Territory and another service station worker was attacked over the weekend.
Speaker 5: Plise say the worker was stabbed.
Speaker 1: And punched after confronting two men over stolen items. This comes just one week after another worker was allegedly stabbed to death by an eighteen year old who was out on bail on serious assault charges. This has forced a Northern Territory's Chief minister to announce tougher bail laws, joining me now to discuss this. This guy News Northern Territory correspondent Matt Cunningham. Matt, it's been a pretty wild few days in the NT. How's the community handling it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 16: Look, I think a lot of people reader are really sad and they're really angry about particularly what happened last week where we saw the owner of the Nightcliff Supermarket, Linford Fike, stabbed to death in his own workplace, a place where he has worked with his family, with his wife Margaret and his son Ben. You know, they established that business over morning three decades. It is a place that really is the heart and soul of the community. And to have a situation where an eighteen year old man who according to police, was in there trying to steal from that shop when Lindford tried to escort him out of the premises and then he allegedly stabbed and killed Lindford, I think has just left everyone quite shocked and quite angry about the whole situation. And then to subsequently learn that, you know, that alleged defender was on bail for very serious offenses, including the alleged rape of a fourteen year old girl. I think people are just shaking their heads and wondering how on earth we've got to this point.
Speaker 1: Now, Matt, the Northern Territory will have the toughest bail laws in the country. That's why the Chief Minister wants to see what will that mean for the courts and for the police and is it a plan that's backed by community leaders.
Speaker 16: Look, I think the plan has widespread support to answer your question in Parliament today. I mean even the Greens MP who represents the electorate of Nightcliff where this incident happened. She in the Parliament supported the government's changes to bail laws. So it had almost unanimous support from the parliament. There was an independent MP who abstained and another independent who wasn't in the chamber but did have the support of the Greens MP. It had the support of Labor and of course it had the support of the seventeen members of the Government. What essentially is being changed is there will be a removal of a clause that applies to youth offenders at the moment that says detention must be an option of last resort that has been taken out, and there will be also inserted a clause where it will say that a judge must have a high degree of confidence that someone who is given bail will not reoffend while they are on bail. Now, this is something that was changed in New South Wales and the Chief Minister Leafanocquio has said that not only will the legislation here in the Northern territory now go as far as New South Wales, it will in fact go further because there will be more prescribed offenses that fall under this legislation. Where that is the consideration that the judge must make. I guess the question that's being asked because the country of the Liberal Party came to power last August, and when they came to power last August, they had promised to crack down on baila, promised to crack down on law and order. That actually implemented changes to the bail laws that they'd call Declan's Law in honor of Declan and Lavity, the twenty year old bottletrot worker who was killed a couple of years ago, stabbed to death while he was at work. So they changed the presumption so that the presumption was against bail for a lot of these serious offenses. But still we've had a number of incidents since then, where we have learned of people committing serious violent crimes while they have been on bail. So that's why they've gone a step further now and implemented what they are calling the toughest toughest bail laws in the country.
Speaker 1: Well, obviously those changes weren't effective because, as you explained earlier, we had a man murdered a week ago allegedly by someone who was out on bail on very serious offenses. So if you do end up with the toughest bail laws in the country, I think.
Speaker 5: That's a good thing.
Speaker 1: We've seen footage of extreme violence in the past week, of mass brawls at service stations, at pubs, on the streets. Must just be terrible for the local community there to be living with that. Do you think the Prime Minister and the Opposition leader should have a greater focus on this issue as the election campaign hits the final days.
Speaker 16: Well, I think everyone here would love the Prime Minister and the Opposition leader to have a greater focus on this issue. It seems sometimes living up here, it seems like you live in a parallel universe and you look at the issues that get discussed on the East Coast in Canberra, etc. Particularly around the issue of Indigenous affairs. I see this ongoing debate about welcome to country that are happening at the moment in Sydney and Melbourne and Canberra, and I can tell you not many people are talking about welcomes to country up here at the moment. They're talking about just the absolute chaos and dysfunction that we are witnessing on the streets of Darwin. We've talked about the streets of Alice Springs. I was in Catherine last week. The number one number one thing people wanted to to talk about in Catherine was the crime, the law and order, the violence and dysfunction that is happening on our streets. And I'd have to say, in many cases it's a result of various policies in some instances that have been sent our way from politicians in Canberra. I mean, right now, reader, we are reversing decisions that were made by government in the wake of the twenty seventeen Royal Commission into the Protection and Detention of Children, a royal commission that Malcolm Turnbull, the former Liberal Party Prime Minister, announced the morning after he watched the TV show and we then had that Royal Commission that went for twelve months and gave us more than two hundred recommendations, and a lot of those recommendations were about making it easier for people to get bail. This is the situation we've been left in. So you're all down there talking about welcome to country, I can tell you that's not what we're talking about up here at the moment. We're talking about the damage that is being done to a community by policies that are often directed by people who we are told are experts who live a long, long way away.
Speaker 1: From this place. Matt Cunningham Well said, thank you so much for your time tonight, still to come.
Speaker 5: Left is losing it?
Speaker 1: Plus who is the unhappiest woman in America right now?
Speaker 5: Alex Stein joins me.
Speaker 1: Next, you're watching the Reader Panning Show, and it's time for lefties losing it? And Donald Trump was giving a speech in Michigan to mark the first hundred days of his second term when a lefty losing at last, decided to make a monumental full of herself. Now what she as the president tries to figure out whether there's lefty is male or female?
Speaker 13: What's the problem over there?
Speaker 17: What's the problem is that a radical left lunatic. He's just a.
Speaker 13: Child all I get about.
Speaker 17: Yeah, oh, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, ma'am.
Speaker 13: I thought it was a guy, thank you. And she now has to go home to a mother who's a big Trump fan. Her mother's watching. I'm sorry, I'm.
Speaker 17: Sorry, I said he and it's a she.
Speaker 13: I'm sorry.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 5: Yes.
Speaker 1: It can be hard to work out whether some of these radical left lunatic non binary folk are male or female. And talking about LGBTQIA plus plus plus community, here is a trans woman also known as a man identifying as a woman who fled to the UK, but it hasn't worked out well.
Speaker 18: Consider to come to the United Kingdom, which has been a huge mistake, I must say, not only the April sixteenth of Ail, the past and valid eating transfers, genders, tensions ship very quickly on laves change and yeah, I've been found myself not welcome and place as I was welcome just one mansorablon very quickly. It's been terriby.
Speaker 5: Now sticking to the UK, you may have missed this, but there was a little miracle the leftist British.
Speaker 1: PMK Starmer, who no long ago claimed that some women have penises? Will they somehow at the tender age of sixty two worked out what a woman is?
Speaker 3: Bless?
Speaker 14: Do you believe a trans woman is a woman? I think these Supreme Court has answered that question. But I think a woman is an adult female, and the Court has made that absolutely clear. I actually welcome the judgment because I think it gives real clarity. It allows those that have got a drop guidance to be really clear about what that guidance should say.
Speaker 1: Now I have missed historically illiterate, hysteric Joyanne read since she was sacked by MSNBC, But thankfully she's still producing content like this where she claims voting for Republicans will lead to civilizational death. And the example she uses couldn't be more wrong.
Speaker 2: If you take that away and try to distill us just down to white folks, we'll be like Europe.
Speaker 3: And aging, slowly dying former empire.
Speaker 2: The Roman Empire didn't survive because it didn't have enough strength its diversity.
Speaker 3: It suppressed its diversity, and it died.
Speaker 2: If the US wants to be the Roman Empire, keep voting the way you vote in y'all.
Speaker 1: You know Joy's mad fever. Dreams about Trump and white supremacy seem to impact her entire worldview, But you.
Speaker 5: Can't change history.
Speaker 10: Joy.
Speaker 1: Well, before the fall of the Roman Empire, the emperor granted full Roman citizenship to all three men within the empire, changing the entire scope of citizenship to be far more inclusive. Facts are our friends. Now, let's check in with former First Lady Michelle Obama, who must be among the unhappiest women in America. She's full of self pity, she's full of disdain for the country that gave us so much, and full of fears that are frankly hysterical in this current climate.
Speaker 19: For me, it's you know, what's happening to immigrants, you know, So it's it's not the fear for myself anymore. I drive around in a four car motor care with the police escort.
Speaker 5: I'm Michelle Obama.
Speaker 19: I do still worry about my daughters in the world, even though they are somewhat recognizable. So my fears are for what I know is happening out there in streets all over the city. And now that we have leadership that is sort of indiscriminately determining who belongs and who doesn't indiscriminately.
Speaker 1: Really, Michelle, you have to be in the country illegally. You have to have broken the law to be in the country illegally to be a candidate for deportation. Kind Of an important point, but miserable. Michelle wasn't done yet. She really does seem like the unhappiest person in America, even with the full cor motiicate.
Speaker 19: And knowing that there's so much bias and so much racism and so much ignorance that fuels those kind of choices. I worry for people of color all over this country, and I don't know that we will have the advocates to protect everybody, and that makes me.
Speaker 7: That frightens me. It keeps me up at night.
Speaker 19: And I know that there are and I see that when I'm driving around LA, I'm just looking in the faces of folks who could be victim, and I'm wondering, how are you feeling, How do you feel standing on the bus stop, How do you feel comfortable going to work, going to school when you know that there could be people out here judging you and who could up end your life in a second.
Speaker 5: Incredible stuff.
Speaker 1: Funnily enough, Michelle wasn't too worried when her husband, the man who got the nickname Deporter in Chief. She wasn't too worried when he was in the White House and responsible for deporting millions. That didn't keep her up at night. Let's give Michelle a little reminder.
Speaker 20: We simply cannot allow people to pour into the United States undetected, undocumented, unchecked, and circumventing the line of people who are waiting patiently, diligently, and lawfully to become immigrants in this country. So that's why we need to start by giving agencies charge with border security, new technology, new facilities, and more people to stop process and deport illegal immigrants.
Speaker 1: That's how Barak used to campaign, and when he was in office, he was deporting millions. He even talked about targeting businesses that gave employment to illegal immigrants.
Speaker 5: I don't think this kept Michelle up at NASEE either.
Speaker 20: We all agree on the need to better secure the border and the punish employers who choose to hire illegal immigrants.
Speaker 10: You know, we are a generous and welcoming people here in the United States, but those who entered the country illegally and those who imployed them disrespect the rule of law, and they are showing disregard for those who are following the law.
Speaker 1: Joining me now is comedian and host of Prime Time with Alex Stein on Blaze TV.
Speaker 5: Alex Michelle was in the wine House.
Speaker 1: During a period where Barack got known as the deporter in chief? Did she ever speak out about that at the time, Because Trump's doing the same thing, and it's keeping the poor woman up at night.
Speaker 21: You know, honestly, I don't think Trump is deporting him fast enough. I really do believe that, even though I know he's doing a great job on stopping the illegal border crosses right now. But listen, let's look at Michelle, Obama and Riata. You know, I've been trying to kind of pinpoint the similarities to Jada Pinkett Smith and Will Smith. You know, if you look at it now, she's doing a podcast. Jada Pinkett Smith is doing a podcast. It just seems like this couple that you know, gave us the impression that they are very strong, they're on thin eyes. So I've just you know, the hypocrisy of the Obama is considering they say climate change is one of our biggest threats, that they live in Martha's vineyards. So this is just another example of probably some of the most hypocritical people on planet Earth.
Speaker 5: But also some of the unhappiest.
Speaker 1: It seems Michelle's podcast is just a massive winch fest. Is She's just lives a fairly charmed existence. You would think she's gotten more money than she could ever need.
Speaker 5: She's got the four car murdercate you mentioned.
Speaker 1: There, but she just whinds endlessly on that podcast and all these interviews. She's almost overtaken Meghan markl and Prince Harry as the most self delighted, overprivileged, miserable people in the country.
Speaker 21: Well, and that's a tough award to win because nobody can beat Meghan Markle really when it comes to that. But you know, I mean, just the sad reality though when it comes to Michelle Obama, is that you're right, is that she's unhappy. She's doing whatever she can to stay relevant, but the people wanted to run, She's not going to run. So she's kind of stuck in this in between zone of what does she want to do? What is it going to be her identity other than being, you know, the former first Lady. So she's kind of grasping a straw. She's not as talented as people probably thought, and nobody's listening to her podcast. There's trouble at home. So the future for Michelle Obama, I imagine it is going to be a tough road ahead, and I don't think we're ever going to get actually any transparency. I think that they could totally be divorced Rita and they would never publicly stated, at least not for a while. They'll just live one will be in Hawaii and one will be in Martha's vineyards. Because there are such phonies. I don't even think they would admit that they can't even make their relationship work.
Speaker 1: I tell you, I reckon. This podcast has been an enormous mistake. It's not only exposed how inpopular she is, because she's always had this image of being enormously popular, and that's been part of a appeal for the Democrats. She's always talked about as a future presidential candidate. But the numbers for this podcast are so woeful. But beyond that is she's become a figure of mockery because everything that seems to go viral from the podcast is material that sees her as the butt.
Speaker 5: Of jokes because She wines and wines and wines.
Speaker 1: She never has anything happy to say, and very little that's interesting. That's the other thing that she's not a very compelling character. Now I want to ask you about the tariff war. There were reports that Amazon was going to list the tariff on items on its website.
Speaker 22: It was reported this morning that Amazon will soon display a little number next to the price of each product that shows how much the Trump tariffs are adding to the cost of each product. So isn't that a perfect crystal clear demonstration that it's the American consumer and not China who is going to have to pay for these policies.
Speaker 1: But alex Amazon is denying these reports. They're denying that they plan to display prices showing the tariff's impact on Amazon dot Com. I don't know if this has anything to do with a two percent drop in Amazon's share price after the White House call. The reports of this pricing plan a hostile and political act.
Speaker 5: What do you make of this?
Speaker 1: Did they do a U turn on this policy when they saw the backlash or was it always fake news?
Speaker 21: Well? I hope it was always fake news, because after Jeff Bezos' disaster, you know, sending Lauren Sanchez. It's a space I mean, he just wasted all of his money basically sending you know, let's be real, a bunch of untalented I guess Katy Perry is a little bit of talent, but not astronauts. None of those women were astronauts.
Speaker 8: He sent them all into space.
Speaker 21: So I think that was actually not received as well as they expected, and a lot of people thought that was a way, So I think for their public relations it cannot add this terriffic. Mag's already upset they sent Katy Perry up there. He needs to try to appease the American people, and these tariffs are unfortunate, but it's just a necessary evil at this point.
Speaker 1: Well, he has done a great deal of harm to the credibility in the image of those women. Katy Perry is now being mocked widely. Is just having trouble moving tickets for a concert, and I'm saying of her concert to our being mocked mercilessly. Gail King is also being ridiculed online. It's one of the biggest PR disasters in recent years, that little space expedition.
Speaker 21: Well, and you know, it's not about the women. I think people want women to go into space. But it was just the women that they chose. I mean Lauren Sanchez because she's dating Jeff Bezos, she gets to be one of the women that goes up there. And you know, it's just this is what we get. There's people that are starving out there, the middle classes literally shrinking every single second, and the billionaire elites are more interested in sending their girlfriends up to space than actually helping the American people. So I'm happy that Elon Musk is using his billionaire power to give us some more government transparency. Some of these guys need to use their power for good and not wasting, you know, rocket fuel to send these women into space. That Let's be real, Katy Perry doesn't know what to do in space. What are they testing ozimpic and zero G silicone and zero G gravity.
Speaker 13: They don't need this. It's a waste reading this.
Speaker 1: Well, if they actually did those tests, it could have been a worthwhile exerciser.
Speaker 5: Alex Stein, always a.
Speaker 13: Pleasure, Thank you reader.
Speaker 5: Still to come, we'll.
Speaker 1: Discuss the first hundred days of Donald Trump's second term.
Speaker 5: Corey DeAngelis joins me.
Speaker 7: Next.
Speaker 5: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: Now, President Donald Trump is touted the first one hundred days of his second term as the most successful of any administration. Speaking at the Michigan National Guard, the President also spoke about the enormous boost in the number of Americans wanting to join the armed forces since his election tribe last November.
Speaker 17: Since November, enlistment numbers for every branch of the armed forces have surged. Recruitment is now the highest it's been in thirty nine years. This goes not only for the armed forces, for the police, for firemen. People are proud of our country again, big difference. But we had the worst numbers that we've ever had. Virtually we couldn't get anybody, and now we're overstocked. We have waiting lists of people wanting to sign up and be with the military. They're proud of our country again. And I'll be supporting a record setting one trillion dollar investment in our national defense. We're going to go one trillion dollars, the largest in the world, largest ever.
Speaker 5: One trillion dollars.
Speaker 1: Joining me now as American Culture Project Senior fellow and school choice advocate Corey DeAngelis, Corey has been an extraordinary hundred days. The President has set a furious pace. It's been called a counter revolution. And one of the early signs of this was the boost in recruitment numbers. Institutions that were struggling to find recruits, the military, the FBI, the police force, they're now flooded with applications.
Speaker 5: Why do you I think that is.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 23: The Trump administration inspires confidence. The American First agenda is popular with the American public, and Trump just makes people feel proud to be venom again.
Speaker 8: This is the golden age.
Speaker 23: Of America in education and throughout the rest of the country as well. Pete Hegseat is a great leader. He was chosen to be the Secretary of Defense. So when you have people that are proud of their country, when you don't have DEI ideology infesting all the institutions, become proud of those institutions. Again, it's based on merit, and so when you become a soldier, you're happy to be there and you want to brag about it to your colleagues. I saw this in the I do education work. When people first heard that Trump won election in a landslide in November, they're calling me asking how can I be out of this? I want to be in the Trump administration. I want to the Department of Education and try to dismantle it from within. And this is like unlike anything I've ever seen before. So there's just more of the momentum continue throughout that one hundred days.
Speaker 1: Well, we're going to talk about the Department of Education shortly, but let's focus on lawfare for a second. We saw plenty of lawfare in the lead up to the election and really has not stopped since. The efforts to frustrate every Trump policy, particularly the deportation program, is in full swing. Democrat appointed activist judges have been particularly active. Late last week, we had Judge William Morrick of the US District Court for the Northern District of California issuing a ruling stating President Trump's executive orders against sanctuary cities. He said they were unconstitutional. He blocked the Trump administration from cutting funding to sanctuary cities. Now Fox News reports this particular judge, this Obama appointed judge, has deep financial ties to the Democratic Party, has spoken and events in support of Kamala Harris and Barack Obama, and he's even held.
Speaker 5: Leadership roles on committees to.
Speaker 1: Help elect Obama and John Kerry and let's before I get your response, let's have a look at how bad the situation is in California.
Speaker 12: Just how many accused criminal migrants are in sanctuary jurisdictions that have been released onto the streets. All these are sanctuary cities Virginia, but at the very top, and I think this tells a telling stories detainers rejected locally thirteen thousand for the entire state of California.
Speaker 7: Corey.
Speaker 1: It seems mad, but Californians keep voting for this lawlessness.
Speaker 23: Yeah, and in some cases s even worse than that, where you have judicial activism at its worst from judge or giving over one hundred thousand dollars to Democrat politicians like Obama Hillary Clinton. And we'd hope that judges would be non biased, nonpartisan, but the reality is sometimes they are less accountable than elected officials because they're appointed and if they go against the will of the people, you can't kick them out of office. So it's a huge problem. We see this with school choice programs too. We had an activist judge in West Virginia to stop a school choice program a couple of years ago. She was funded by the teachers unions previously endorsed by the teachers unions. And now you know, in some cases it has to get You have to ask yourself, how bad does it have to get before things change. California has hit rock bottom, and at some point the voters have to figure these things out and see that the GOP Trump's party is leading the way towards prosperity and freedom. And so hopefully the more of this judicial activism, the more that California keeps electing these politicians who are authoritarians who want to control your lives, at some point they're going to reverse force and maybe they'll start backpeddling, or some point Republicans will start to win worses.
Speaker 1: Now, let's look at the US Department of Education. Their Office for Civil Rights is launch an investigation into Chicago Public schools for an academic achievement initiative called a Black Students Success Plan that discriminates on the basis of race.
Speaker 5: Well, it's kind of in the name, isn't it. Corey, tell me what's the latest on this.
Speaker 23: It's a trogious it's a direct violation of Article six of the Civil Rights Act in the United States. And look, they're discriminating on the basis of race. That's school system's failing kids of all different backgrounds, Black, white, Hispanic, and so on and so forth. They should try to improve outcomes for everybody and not single out one group. That is a clear violation of civil rights law. And hopefully they should lose their funding over the this issue, or hopefully they can reverse course and try to up their game and raise the bar for all students. But in Chicago you have six percent of black kids that are reading proficiently. I mean, it's a failure factory of a system, and they're spending thirty dollars per yet per year. Things need to change. School choice would provide some competition for improvement.
Speaker 1: Well, Chicago is really an example of what not to do, because, as you said, they are spending an enormous amount per student.
Speaker 5: And the results are abysmal.
Speaker 1: It really is hard to see how you could have results that are so appalling given the expenditure, giving the programs that they've supposedly have come out to address this issue. And yeah, if you want to do well academically, do the opposite off Chicago. Now, you wrote a piece in the National Review about the battleful school choice, particularly when it comes to rural families. You say they want educational freedom and they're voting for it at the ballot box.
Speaker 5: Tell me why this battle matters.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 23: For a long time, the tears unions knew they couldn't make let leaning arguments Democrat arguments in red states. They had to come up with some so called conservative arguments to stop school choice, and one of them, including my home state of Texas, was that rural voters don't want this. We don't have a lot of private schools in rural areas. The public schools the only option, and therefore it's okay for you to vote with the Democrats.
Speaker 5: But the oldest.
Speaker 23: Voucher programs in the United States started over one hundred and fifty year old in places like Maine in Vermont, where they were specifically designed for kids in rural areas. They figured out, if you don't have a lot of choices, a lot of opportunities, that's an argument to expand freedom an education, not to restrict this. So they gave scholarships to kids to go to private schools that they wanted. And the victories this year prove it too that rural voters want school choice. They voted out the rhinos in office who voted against their party platform, who voted with the Democrats, they held them accountable at the ballot box. And now you have states like Texas who went all in on school choice, Tennessee, Wyoming, and so on and so forth. Rural areas are passing school choice left and right in the United States, which really just debunks the claim that rural voters don't want this. They absolutely do.
Speaker 1: It's a huge it's a huge issue, and I've seen that on the ground in the US. Is an issue that really gets people motivated. Even people who weren't particularly politically active in the past will do this because it's in the interest of their children. It has an enormous impact on the children's future prospects. Corey DeAngelis, you've done great working area. Thanks for your time tonight, and.
Speaker 5: That's it for me. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow night. Newsnight is up next.