Speaker 1: Matt, you are looking absolutely glowing today. What's your secret?
Speaker 2: Well, Anna, I've been using this new hydrating tanning miss called Goldie b with two e's.
Speaker 3: I have to check it out.
Speaker 1: I've never heard of it.
Speaker 3: Go to their instagram.
Speaker 1: I want the fairy tale, I want the prince charming.
Speaker 2: She how do I put this?
Speaker 3: Isn't a fan of my kissing.
Speaker 1: Style boyfriend and girlfriend for about twelve hours. He's in a trash bin. He's non recyclable.
Speaker 3: Catching her muf I love being love, I love love. How well did we do it? Trying to hide it?
Speaker 1: Not that well. I could see the ring in most photos. I was like, oh there is again. Where's your head at? Is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice, and much more.
Speaker 1: Matt. I am so happy for you. Congratulations you're officially engaged.
Speaker 3: Thanks Anna. Look I'm so happy, Like I'll tell you all about it, but it.
Speaker 2: Was one of the most special moments I've ever had. Like, I'm still speechless about it. I was a sobbing mess when I finally popped the question. The day was very stressful. I was trying to make everything perfect and it ended up being the most perfect moment that I shared with my now fiance.
Speaker 3: That's a weird thing to say, actually, Like you have a fiance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like she keeps calling me her boyfriend sometimes, like, well, who's this boyfriend? You keep talking about it because i'm your and vice versa. I keep saying girlfriends.
Speaker 1: So I love saying fiance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bougie, it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know, in a way, it shouldn't change much, but it does. It makes it feel so much more I don't know, like so much more special, so much more intimate.
Speaker 1: That's what I tried to explain to some of my friends as well, Like when you go from just being boyfriend and girlfriend to being a fiance, it does feel like something changes, Like it feels like it's way more serious, it's forever. You feel more secure and yeah, I don't know, it's just a different vibe, isn't it.
Speaker 2: It is, And you just feel like and you know what's coming, so you know that, like you're about to spend like the rest of forever together and have that special day. So it makes it a lot more I do a lot more special and a lot more Yeah, trying to find the words for it, but I don't know if there is any words.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you proposed in the mold ives.
Speaker 3: How well did we do it? Trying to hide it?
Speaker 1: Not that well, to be honest, I could see the ring in most photos.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh there. I said, like, do you want to take it off?
Speaker 2: And she said absolutely not, this is never coming off, which is so cuy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so cute.
Speaker 2: So she just flipped it around and obviously eagle eyed fans and people looking at the store of the photos could pick up on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you guys had your beautiful proposal night, and then the next day you actually facetimed me and Michael and it was a really special moment getting that FaceTime call.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I hope it does not because he's up start.
Speaker 1: Fuck.
Speaker 3: Yeah it was.
Speaker 2: It was very emotional as well when we were like recapping what happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, emotional on that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were emotional, Tammy was emotional. I felt like I was going to cry because I was just so happy for you. Obviously, we both started this podcast as two single people, and now we're both too engage people. I never thought I would say those words.
Speaker 2: You know, at the end of next year we might be two married people. Well, exactly will be.
Speaker 1: We will be the evolution of the podcast. You guys have been talking about when you'll get married, so you're thinking next.
Speaker 2: Year, right, Yes, no dates have been confirmed, but I said to her, I.
Speaker 3: Want to marry you within the year of this. I don't want to make it go too long.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so cute. I'm so excited. It's honestly, it was really hard keeping the secret. I did an interview with a publication and we had done the interview talking about my business, Goldie b and then they asked at the last minute about you and Tam and I knew that you guys haven't obviously hadn't announced the engagement, and immediately I was like, don't talk about the proposal. Don't talk about the proposal. And they're like, how happy is Matt and Tammy? Like are you happy for them? And I was like, really happy. Don't ask me anything else, no more questions, like I don't want to spill the beans. It's obviously a very new relationship, so there's obviously been a lot of criticism about how quickly it kind of happened. Do you want to talk everyone through that? Because, knowing who you are, if you were going to propose to someone, this was always going to happen. Like you were going to be head over heels in love. You were going to be like, let's do this. And I'm honestly not surprised as your friend, but I think you need to kind of explain that a little bit more.
Speaker 3: Well, that's exactly right.
Speaker 2: So like when I came to my friends and told my friends and told you, everyone said the exact same thing. They said, if you were going to get married and engaged, you would do it like this, Like you wouldn't do it any other way. You wouldn't, you know, sit in a relationship for years and be like oh all right, and like have the girl nag you to propose, like you're going to be like head over heels and want to do it?
Speaker 3: Do it? Which I have? Yeah, I made the decision and realized I wanted to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you want to took everyone through like the moment that you kind of realized you were going to propose.
Speaker 2: So it's not like I just thought to myself, I'm going to propose, like Tammy and I had a chat about like everything. And obviously Tammy has three kids, she doesn't date much, so she's dating for the serious reasons and she was pretty transparent about that from the start. And I was like, well, yeah, I'm not here to fuck spiders. I you know, like if I had to date someone, I want to be with them. I see, like in goal with them. So we had a chat on the couch watching Friends of all Things, and we the scene where Monica and Chandler are going to get married in Vegas. So if you're familiar friends, you know that. And just obviously, and like any couple, starts to chat about like, you know, how do you want your wedding to be?
Speaker 3: Like how do you want a wedding?
Speaker 2: And then we just realize that we both want to get married and we're like is this like early? And we're like no, fuck it, like we want to marry each other. So, like, you know, let's not beat around the bush. So I knew So if anyone that says how do you know that she was going to say yes? After like not long, I knew she was going to say, yeah, shit, already.
Speaker 1: You had a conversation.
Speaker 3: I had a.
Speaker 2: Conversation about like getting married. So I got back home and I think I was like I was just driving along and I was like, you know what, fuck it, I go the mold Ives. I have that romantic dinner planned. You probably had set something in my mind about what Get said in the podcast.
Speaker 1: We literally had a conversation that went out and I was like, are you going to propose? And at that point you hadn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't even made the decision.
Speaker 1: You hadn't made the decision. You had had the conversation about how you both wanted to marry each other. Yeah, but you hadn't.
Speaker 2: And maybe I did plan this well maybe subconsciously something was there and I was like, you know what, what a romantic place to do it. And I was just driving and I was like, well, fuck, Like I leave in So that was probably like midweek, and then I left like I was going to go up to the Gold Coast, spend a couple of nights there, and then we left to go to the mold Ives. So I was like, I have like till Tuesday, I think to figure this out. And I reckon that was Thursday.
Speaker 1: Or you had about a week week and a half no less less like a Thursday.
Speaker 3: It was like, yes, so hang in. That was like this Thursday.
Speaker 2: I was driving home and I was like, I've known nothing about how to get a ring or anything like that. I've never done anything. So I called you and do you want to tell them.
Speaker 1: What I said?
Speaker 3: What I said?
Speaker 1: So I was actually in the car with Michael, my fiance, and like we talk all the time. I put you on loud speaking. I mean, we're always having a three way conversation with you and Michael, and you were like hey, guys, and I was like, Hey, what's up? And you were acting a bit like nervous, and I was like, oh, what's going on here? Like I had no idea what you were going to say to me, So you go, I have something crazy to tell you. I was like, being friends with you for so long, I'm like, you've never said this to me ever, and you normally have some crazy things to tell me, but this must be big. And I was like yeah, and You're like I think I'm going to propose to Tammy in the mold ive And I was like, oh my god. Firstly, congratulations. I wasn't really like shocked or anything. I was kind of just like so happy for you. And then Michael was like, well, you know, if you need the guy who I got Anna's ring from, I can give you his number. So the ring that you got Tammy was from Unique Diamonds, which is where my ring is from.
Speaker 2: So he gave me Josh's number from Unique Diamonds and I called him and I said, obviously this is like I want to keep this like secret. Well obviously any engagement is. But you still I still like stressed, like, don't tell anyone. I still stress that and he was like he was like yeah. And I was like, look, I leave for the goal Corost, explain the situation. I leave for the Gold Coast on Tuesday. What can we do?
Speaker 1: So You're like, how quickly can I get a ring?
Speaker 2: How quickly can I get a ring? And he said, look, I haven't opening on Saturday to come in. And I was like I was like, okay, like that's cut it pretty fine.
Speaker 3: And he was like, no, no, we can.
Speaker 2: We can.
Speaker 1: We can make it work and make it work.
Speaker 2: So on the Saturday I called my mates and I said, hey, can I get brunch with you guys? I want to chat to you guys. So I told my best mates.
Speaker 1: They came they guys had mimosas.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I told him at the house and then they're like, let's go have a drink an celerate.
Speaker 3: So we had mimosas with brunch.
Speaker 1: This is like, yeah, like eleven am. This is early because it's an early mimosa.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we were like, let's celerate. So we had a mimosa and then you obviously came. Five of us piled into the into the shop and.
Speaker 1: Guys, it was so weird, like it was literally I met Nat and his three four friends and we walked into the diamond shop, like this pristine, gorgeous diamond shop, and.
Speaker 3: The double door thing as well, so you can't you can't.
Speaker 1: Steal things like stuck in the middle, stick stuck in the middle. It was like it was just so funny, like seeing all of these guys pile into this diamond shop. They all looked confused. I was like, I'm going to try and help as much as.
Speaker 2: I can the best with you and me are sitting at the desk, and then they were like sitting behind in like almost like the grooms in formation.
Speaker 3: Yeah like that.
Speaker 1: It looks like naughty school boys in there, like they did not know where to look what to say? Like so funny?
Speaker 2: And then yeah, So then I had from Tammy's friend. I had a reached out to her and I asked, hey, like what shape? Like I don't know any of that sort of stuff, so I was like, what sort of advice? So she sent me some inspos and then I obviously showed him to Josh and he got the most perfect ring I've ever seen. Tammy said as well, I think I did amazing. Man, I nailed it there.
Speaker 3: How funny was it when we're trying to guess her ring size?
Speaker 1: And then Matt was like trying on the rings like he like, oh no, that was.
Speaker 2: OK.
Speaker 1: So we're sitting at this diamond sharp the guys like brings out all of these beautiful diamond rings and that starts putting them on the ring finger that the diamond ring would be on. So like, you're what's this finger called ring finger? The ring finger? Yeah, so Matt's trying to like put it on the ring finger as if it would fit your fingers. I'm like, you're not getting engaged.
Speaker 2: And then we're like, well, what size do you think Tammy is? And the guy's like if I'm a betting man I'd say I can't remember what letter, hey, I think okay or something like that, and then the voice is perked off and they're like, well, we're betting men.
Speaker 3: And then they started.
Speaker 1: They started putting bets on about whatever ring size was. But I was like, oh my god, and.
Speaker 2: They're like, I'm the house, so that everyone's putting money down and all this sort of that was funny. But to be fair, that experience will be a core memory that I will always have and Michae will always cherish. I think I had some of my most special people around me, and I loved that that moment. That day was pretty nice, and we got the ring. We celebrated, We went and had some beers and it.
Speaker 1: Was really nice because Matt was very emotional and he was like he kept looking at me and going, this is surreal, Like I can't believe I'm getting engaged to the love of my life. This is so cool. And I could tell that you were like a different planet.
Speaker 2: I was sort of, yeah, I was sort of out of it, wasn't I like, I was like real, like just dopamine everywhere else having having the best time.
Speaker 1: It was nice though as well, because Michael didn't come into the diamond shop because his experience in that shop is getting ring. He's like, I don't want to go back in there because like I just want to have my own core memories. But then Michael met us at the pub after because we went and had a drink after, and you and Michael had this moment where you were like, I'm like, this is so cool, Like I've got so much dope for me running through my body, and Michael's like, how good is this feeling? You guys were like talking.
Speaker 2: About that it was the definition of cloud nine, Like it was an amazing feeling. I like, I've cherished that feeling forever. So then we left, We selected the diamond and the ring. It obviously wasn't made, yes, so cute lost everyone at Unique Diamonds. They got me that ring by Monday evening. So that was Saturday afternoon, Monday evening. I went and picked it up to then leave for my flight on Tuesday. Yeah, so yeah, it was a quick turnaround and I got the ring.
Speaker 1: And yeah, honestly I could not be happy if for you guys. I do really genuinely feel like you guys are perfect for each other.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and just quickly on anyone that's saying anything about the timeline, and that I don't know why you would even comment, Like, we're two people that are happy in love and we want to spend the rest of our lives together, and you commenting shit in that. First of all, we don't read it and give a fuck. Second of all, we're going to be happy and show you how happy we are forever.
Speaker 1: I can understand why it's upsetting to you, to be honest, like you've literally just had the happiest moment of your life, like getting engaged. It's like the best feeling ever. Like you said, it's cloud nine, and when people are out there raining on your parade, it's like, just let us be happy, Like enough of the negativity. It's so interesting because people do really feel like they can have a say on Tammy's personal life and now you're getting to experience it. Question how did you hide the ring because obviously you guys flew to the mold Ives together. Did you put it in your suitcase? Was it on your body?
Speaker 3: Like where was it?
Speaker 2: So there was a touch and going moment. Obviously, we spent a couple of nights at Tammy's before we went to the mold Ives and I had just had it just in my back, just in my carry on back, sitting in a side pocket. It was zipped up so like it's not going to fall out or anything like that. But I came up to the bedroom and Tammy was putting stuff like in my bag and I sort of like stopped and I was like, I was like, what's what And then she was like, oh, posey had pulled your bag down and emptied it everywhere.
Speaker 3: So I was just putting everything back in and I was like, oh okay.
Speaker 2: And I just was like she's seen it or something, and I just I didn't make anything of it. I sort of just like acted like nothing had happened.
Speaker 1: Just had an internal meltdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I was just like, oh okay, cool. Then we went did it?
Speaker 2: No, she had no idea. Okay, she genuinely had no idea. So then another it was when I was like, Okay, this is gonna like she's gonna see. This was when we went through the security scanners at Singapore and like they have one in every gate that you have to go through because it's like international like sort of what do you call them? Transfers? And that so it's coming through and we're standing there and you can see the screen. And I looked at the screen and all you can say, used this box with this big fuck off ring just sitting there. And I just was I just started laughing to myself. I was just like, oh, and she was like, what's funny?
Speaker 3: And I'm like, oh, nothing, like nothing, And she didn't see it, and I didn't see it.
Speaker 1: Were you like trying to move her face away from the screen or were you just like it is it is.
Speaker 2: If I'd moved her, it would have been more suspicious. So I just was like, but she wasn't looking for it.
Speaker 1: If she saw the ring on the screen, would you have just got the box out there and then and proposed in the middle of the airport?
Speaker 3: Fuck?
Speaker 2: Probably, But it was such a magical moment that we had, so I wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it did look absolutely gorgeous.
Speaker 3: That was a bit of in itself, a bit red hat touch and go.
Speaker 2: So we landed in the mold I and it was an overcast day and I'd made an agreement with the place. I said, look, I want to do this dinner on the second night because I want to have the first night to rest and then I want to do it on the second night so I can relax the rest of the trip and be stressed. And I wanted to have like, you know, so we can be in our bubble for the rest of the trip and enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I was like, let's do it the second night. And then I got there. It was overcast, and I was like to the guy at your chaperone. But the guy I was like, hey, like what's the weather, like, is it going to change? And he's like, you know, the moldaves is very unpredictable, blah blah blah blah. We'll chat about it tomorrow. We'll see how we go.
Speaker 3: So I'm stressed.
Speaker 2: Didn't think about it that night, but then the next day we literally like we're just going out of everyday business, and I kept just like looking at the star like sorry, looking at the clouds, like looking up, and I was like standing there. I'd go out onto like the back porch fit and I'd be like, fuck, do you reckon? These clouds are going to pass. And Tim's like, why are you obsessed with the weather, Like A You're gonna be like so you're gonna be like this the whole trip just relaxed. And I'm like, noah, no, it needs to be perfect on this weather to be perfect. And she was like, just chill out, like it's gonna be fine.
Speaker 3: We'll have fun. And I'm like, no, no, no, this has got to be Rice.
Speaker 1: She's like, this guy's a bit weird on holiday.
Speaker 2: Well, did you ask any questions? Like I was like getting picked up at this time? Be ready, and I was like, where you're nicest kid. Apparently the sunset he is perfect for a photo. I want you to wear to sing? You want to where like? And then I picked up and then she didn't even Oh that was pretty funny. So we're sitting on the beach. We're sitting there, she had her back. I actually have a video of this, and she had her back to a cent eventually where the dinner would be. But I saw him carrying out the table like maybe like like late afternoon, yeah, four o'clock, and We're sitting on the beach having apparoles and I'm watching them bring the table out, and I watched them start like setting up like the love Heart and they're like arguing about where they put it. And I just have a video of her and I just like zoom into them doing it, and she has no idea.
Speaker 1: You were just stressed beyond belief. Like I remember you were messaging me being like I'm freaking out, and then I remember Tammy put up a story and it's of you, and I can see that you are so in your head. You're the most stressed person on the planet. And it's just like, to someone who doesn't know what's about to happen, it just looks like you were just in your own thoughts. But I was like, this man, this strassed. It needs a shot of to kill us.
Speaker 2: Well, so I told everyone it was happening that night, like her family, my friends and family and everyone. But you know, because of the time difference, everyone's blowing my phone up like how do it go?
Speaker 1: I can't believe people did that.
Speaker 2: I was like, so I'm stressing, and I'm like, fuck, Like, what happens If it doesn't happen tonight, it's ranged off. And then her family or someone friend messages her saying how was last night?
Speaker 3: Like show us? And I was like FUCKX, so it has to happen that night.
Speaker 1: Proposals are stressful, especially if you're like planning this beautiful moment. You've got it in your head how it's going to go. You want it to be perfect, you want the weather to be perfect. It's a big deal.
Speaker 2: Or when she took a video of me when we're doing the cheers or we're getting the champagne poured, and that video I've showed you, I look like I'm wigging out like I was. That was like right before I was going to do it.
Speaker 1: We'll put that video on our Facebook page for anyone who wants to see how stressed out. And that was It's hilarious.
Speaker 3: So I was playing with something, wasn't I'm just like looking Yeah, I know.
Speaker 1: You just don't look like yourself was just in your head.
Speaker 2: Well, she thought I was getting stressed out because I said, it's a private beach, like when we got there, it's a private beach dinner and there's people like a round still.
Speaker 1: So she thought you were annoyed about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought I was annoyed about that, but I was, and I was just like getting real stressed. I said, hey, i'dn't organized a drone as well, so we had footage of it. Yeah, and the drone guy was just there with the drone hovering over us at the drone.
Speaker 3: It was it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: But like he so what he would just look like a guy who was playing with a drug.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's what I said to her.
Speaker 2: I was like, Oh, this must just be Look at this guy, this guy with his drone, like can he like I pretty much said, can like piss off, like let us relax.
Speaker 3: And then he sort of like called out to us kiss kiss.
Speaker 2: And then Tammy's like, who's this guy wanting us to kiss? Because obviously it was on the beach.
Speaker 3: Like pre proposal, Yeah, pre proposal. He not interrupted, so he was standing there.
Speaker 2: He just looked like a tourist just filming because there was like a dinner thing happening, like you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Funny.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure he had a top on that said where we were staying. And I'm pretty sure she said something like doesn't he work? He was like, no, nah, he's just a tourist.
Speaker 3: Leave him to let him go.
Speaker 1: It's hilarious. Well, look, we are gonna do a full engagement episode in twenty twenty four, right, yes.
Speaker 2: And I will get Tammy on so she can tell her version of the story and we can talk about everything else about the engagement.
Speaker 1: It's been so fun hearing from you, just like your pov of before the proposal and you know all of that.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, it was good to tell her on the day as well after it happened why I'd missed an event on the weekend because I had to go to the Damon get the Ring. Why I missed, like all this sort of stuff and why this happened and all this sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: It was good to like, you know, so you had plans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I bailed on him, and she was pretty upset about that, and I was like, look like, and I remember saying to him when she was getting upset, I was like, just trust the process, like I've got If.
Speaker 1: Someone said trust the process to me, I'd be like, you're proposing.
Speaker 3: Really.
Speaker 2: She just thought I was just being just being me. She was like, so, yeah, I trust the process. There was some other things as well that I was trying, Like I explained to her why I did something and why something happened or something was said, and it's like it's hard. I don't know about Michael or anyone else, but keeping a secret from the person that you tell everything too, it was the hardest bit of it because it's the person you want to tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what you said. Like after we left the diamond shop, you were like, I want to tell her. I was like, don't.
Speaker 3: I was like, I just want to tell her, So I just like, I don't like her. Who do you like? You know what, that's the person you want to tell.
Speaker 1: Well, look, Matt, we're very happy for you. We can't wait to get to have me on the podcast next year. You guys are a beautiful couple. Thank you, positive energy all your way. We're excited for a twenty twenty four wedding with you guys.
Speaker 3: Very exciting.
Speaker 1: I mean, our lives are just insanc I love it. I love it.
Speaker 3: Whought.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Thank you, Anna, thank you.
Speaker 3: Everyone has wished to be congratulations as well