Speaker 1: Late General Man, welcome the late Debase.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand coming up. Should kids be allowed to go to the bathroom during class time or should they be made to wait? Believe it or not, that's a real controversy. We'll weigh into it later. Plus, when we look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers, there's a crackdown on voluntary assisted dying drugs after a man accidentally ingested some, and a police union under fire for ridiculing officers with PTSD. All of that and a lot more coming up, but let's start with the big news story of the day, and that, of course, was the US presidential debate. Kamala Harris said Donald Trump was a liar. Donald Trump said Kamala Harris was incompetent and weak, and of course the ABC moderators will they repeatedly fact checked Donald Trump while ignoring constant myths truths from Kamala Harris.
Speaker 4: President Trump, as you know, the FBI says overall violent crime is actually coming down in this country. But you have said quote you lost by a whisker that you quote didn't quite make it that you came up a little bit short. You did bring up something, you said. She went to negotiate with Vladimir Putin. Vice President Harris, have you ever met Vladimir Putin?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 3: When Donald Trump said that illegal immigrants were eating people's cats and getting ducks from the local park in Ohio, the Democratic staffers, by which I mean the ABC moderators, they jumped in real quick.
Speaker 1: In Springfield. They're eating the dogs, the people that came in, They're eating the cats, They're they're eating the pets of the people that live there.
Speaker 4: ABC News did reach out to the city manager there. He told us there have been no credible reports of specific claims of pets being harmed, injured, or abused by individuals within the immigrant community.
Speaker 1: All seeing people on telligence, let me just say here, this is the people on television. My dog was taken and used for food.
Speaker 3: And Trump, of course, was quite right. No matter what the city manager is saying. There were regular reports in the media of exactly what Trump had alluded to, including this Springfield resident who told local authorities what he'd seen with his own eyes.
Speaker 6: They're in the park grabbing up ducks by the neck and cutting their.
Speaker 7: Head off and walking off with them.
Speaker 8: It's eating them.
Speaker 6: Like y'all get the Highway State patrol down here every week, and then y'all get like a task was for the Highway State Patrol.
Speaker 3: Another local resident called nine to one one reporting that geese were being taken to eat, and of course this was reposted on Trump's socials with a wonderful graphic.
Speaker 9: I'm riding on the trail going to my orientation from my job today, and I see a group of Haitian people. There was about four of them. They all had geese in their hands. They got away. I couldn't make up the first three in the license plate, but I got the numbers. What direction did they go? They went up towards And.
Speaker 3: We'll give you one more example his police body cam footage. They are arresting a woman who allegedly ate a cat. I should point out this woman is apparently not an immigrant.
Speaker 10: What did you do?
Speaker 9: Why'd you kill the cat?
Speaker 5: Smile for me?
Speaker 9: I like that, did you eat that cat? Did you eat it?
Speaker 10: Now? Why'd you kill it?
Speaker 9: Did you?
Speaker 10: Guys see all this? No, we brought up and she would just staying here with him.
Speaker 5: She was eating it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So here we are, after one of the most consequential debates in history, Liz talking about whether or not immigrants are eating cats. Although the bigger point, of course was that they fact checked.
Speaker 2: Him real quick. But Trump was right.
Speaker 3: There were reports in the media. As we've shown, we've only shown a.
Speaker 10: Few he yes and quite a few of the fact checks, which by the way, were only ever leveled at Trump. Kamala wasn't fact checked once, despite the fact that she repeated hoaxes that have been debunked several times, pumped out propaganda with the regularity of some kind of robot, and would repeat lies even after Trump in the debate had completely denied, say, the Project twenty five thing, which is disavowed several times before the debate, kept bringing it up even after he said, excuse me, I have nothing to do with it. I've never endorsed it. That's not a thing on the Trump train. Watching this today, a lot of people were very excited and quite enamored by the fact that Kamala did so well. I would argue she didn't do so well, just that your expectations were so low you were legitimately blown away. But we can stop calling this debate and just call it an infomercial because that's what it is. Everyone was like, Oh, Kamala was actually so confident. It's easy to be confident when the person in charge of the ABC is a very good personal friend of yours. And it was very clear that this debate was three against one when you include these moderators, which did a horrendous job at hiding any bias. I don't even think they were trying. Certainly that was very very obvious. And yeah, I would have been confident if I was Kamala too, knowing that the woman who set me up with my now husband, that's how good of friends her name is, Dana Walden, is at the ABC. I would have been very confident too, knowing I was in very safe hands.
Speaker 6: I have no doubt that the moderators were sympathetic or more sympathetic or towards Carmela. I have no doubt about that whatsoever. And I also would agree certainly the Project twenty five stuff has been on the public record. There's been nothing actually linking it to Donald Trump, apart from it a bunch of Republicans who would like to use Trump to do what they want to do. Donald Trump doesn't smart enough to know that he wants nothing to do with him, told them to shut up to him, to pack up shop, and Project.
Speaker 5: Twenty five is no more.
Speaker 6: There was another incorrect thing that has been around for all the years long that Carmala Harris blew up was when Donald Trump talked about the infamous there are fine people on both sides about in Charlottesville. In fact, he explicitly before he said that said I'm not talking about the white supremacist. He's explicitly said, I'm not talking about the white's prescesses. But there are other people on both sides who are more traditional Southerners and the people on the left.
Speaker 10: And there was a blood mass reference.
Speaker 6: Having said that, Donald Trump didn't need the help of the moderators.
Speaker 5: For the first thirty minutes of the.
Speaker 6: Debate, he was wiping the floor with KRMLA, whose voice was really scratchy. She sounded very nervous, inflected of nodding or questioning herself, even after she was saying things, I really believe that we have opportunity, and he had it, but he fell for an old rope of dope trick. She needled him about his rallies. She pricked his ego, and he fell for it. And then suddenly he starts talking as though he's at one of his rallies instead of trying to win over undecided voters on a mainstream free.
Speaker 5: To wear network. And that's where it all went wrong.
Speaker 6: And in terms of what Trump actually said, it's absolute crap unless someone is producing some incredible dossier that is yet unto it. Firstly, he said they're eating the dogs, right, he was talking about eating people's pet dogs, not ducks in a park, not ducks on a pond. He said, they're eating the dogs, quote unquote, they're eating the dogs. That was the first thing he said. And then maybe he realizes that he said the wrong thing, he starts going on about cats. Now, the person who was allegedly eating the cat, and apparently it would see him by the police footage, just killed the cat.
Speaker 5: So we're to assume that this is.
Speaker 6: Someone who has just killed a cat and he's eating it raw fur, and are in full view of her neighbors. And we don't even think that she was born overseas. She's actually a locally born American. So you know, go us a what a country? What a country is really kicking its own gods.
Speaker 5: So there is that.
Speaker 6: So even if she is eating at raw and fairy, she's an American. That speaks to me of mental illness, not illegal migration. And then you've got someone who says that they saw someone taking some ducks and someone who says that they saw someone saw someone taking some geese.
Speaker 5: Now I don't know.
Speaker 10: That is to assume there's no other illustrang He said that, I've got people talking abouts just on the noons.
Speaker 6: Does people come out and say that they've seen UFOs? Do we just believe them until someone can prove that there aren't, are you it's impossible to prove a negative properties.
Speaker 10: You do not believe in aliens.
Speaker 5: Believe I'd believe they are probably aliens.
Speaker 6: I don't believe that they all mysteriously seem to land among Southern United States residents.
Speaker 3: The problem for Trump is he took the one thing that you can absolutely.
Speaker 2: And it's turned into it.
Speaker 6: Right down this rabbit hole. And again he's on it, and again I likened it to. You know, he's in the middle of a chat about the economy. He's telling her up on the economy, and we know the Republics have a massive lead on the economy. He's in the middle of bringing up illegal immigration every chance he gets, and he does it, and she even says that he's bringing up and then.
Speaker 5: She brings it up, and he's got it all laid out for him.
Speaker 6: And because of one little prick to his ego about his rallies, suddenly it just sets him off on this sort of weird spiral and he goes running down a rabbit hole. I don't know if he killed and ate that rabbit lit. I don't know that was He goes running down that rabbit hole, and he lost the momentum for the rest of debate, and it was a real shame and it shows what happens when Donald Trump goes cray cray instead of just staying on.
Speaker 10: Okay, that's one take.
Speaker 6: I agree, Where is that any dog?
Speaker 10: The dog park was absolutely hilarious and as far as I'm concerned, a Trump stroke of genius. We're having a lot of fun with the door. Check out the picture that he shared on his own trunk social basically being like, I'm here to save your pets, peeple, all the cats, the geese, they're all bored. Air Force one with may I well protect them. Trump is a troll. You cannot underestimate his troll like ability. These memes have been taking the Internet by storm four days long prior to this debate, and he decided to go for it. I don't believe for a minute it was because, oh his ego was burst. No, he saw an opportunity. People have been losing their minds over it. It's got him in headlines across the world.
Speaker 2: That happens will be thrilled with that. We all think so funny.
Speaker 3: But swinging voters are under sided voters, swinging voters.
Speaker 10: At the end, I think the takeaway from this debate is very little has changed. All the Democrat voters will say, oh, Carmalo absolutely a viscerated Trump, wasn't she wonderful? All the Trump supporters will say, that was three against one. This is our anti establishment man we support, brought him all the way to the hill. It's another fact check that proved out to be completely incorrect. On behalf of Best Friend, ABC moderator David Muir was pulling Trump up on what he had to say about abortion. Of course, this was always going to be raised. It's a massive part of the policy platform the Dems keep hammering. He was asked about it, and he raised the very serious issue as we have been discussing recently here in Australia, of babies born alive post abortion. Here it is they even have.
Speaker 1: And you can look at the governor of West Virginia, the previous governor of West Virginia. Not the current governor's doing an excellent job, but the governor before he said, the baby will be born and we will decide what to do with the baby. In other words, we'll execute the baby.
Speaker 4: There is no state in this country where it is legal to kill a baby after it's born.
Speaker 10: Man of Vice President, want to get your response to President Trump.
Speaker 11: Well, as I said, you're going to hear a bunch of lies and that it's not actually a surprising fact.
Speaker 10: Except that it wasn't a lie at all. Here's the footage in twenty nineteen of the former West Virginian governor saying exactly that.
Speaker 12: In this particular example, if a mother is in labor, I can tell you exactly what would happen. The infant would be delivered, the infant would be kept comfortable, the infant would be resuscitated. If that's what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother. So I think this was really blown out of proportion.
Speaker 10: In twenty eight states in America, abortion is legal up to what they call fetal viability, which means the point at which a baby can survive outside the womb. But of course that's very subjective, isn't it, And much like here in Australia, No it is, Joe, it is because some people would argue that's about twenty four weeks. Others say no, no, it's a lot later than that.
Speaker 6: He have a number of medical opinions, a number of obstitutions saying saying, okay, this fetus can now survive. Therefore, like it's not just a matter of like a matter of medical opinion, if you like, I wouldn't call it subjective.
Speaker 10: Medical opinion very heavily as to whether that doctor is pro abortion or not. As we've heard in our own Senate, at least one baby a week is born in this country post abortion, alive and left to die like a dog. So we'd be stupid to believe in a country the size of America that's not happening. As well, that's what the governor was talking about back in twenty nineteen. That is the exact quote that Trump gave, and yet he was slapped down and corrected and made to look like a liar. So here we have a second instance in this debate where he's made out to look like this crazy flog who's just saying these unsubstantial claims. Kamala acts completely shocked, of course, when Trump then asked her, when would you say that we cut off access to abortion? Would you say eight months? Would you say, where are you going to draw the line? She laughed. She couldn't answer. She's not going to touch that with a ten foot poll, now, is she? Because she's all about reproductive rights, and God forbid, women across the board aren't allowed to kill their unborn children. I thought it was a very powerful moment in the debate, and I think it's very important that this is highlighted to people. Obviously we won't have the millions of viewers that the debate is, but that Trump was not lying and that is taking place in America just like it's taking.
Speaker 6: Don't I don't know if it is taking place if you look at the actual full clip, and I don't know the background to that full clip of the former governor of West Virginia or Virginia, whatever it is. He is being asked about comments that were made by someone else, someone called the Delegate Tran, a woman who I assume is a be a political colleague or a fellow MP or whatever, the Virginia Parliament, Virginia State Congress, and.
Speaker 5: She is calling for these further measures.
Speaker 6: So she is asked, should a baby be able to be aborted after.
Speaker 5: A woman has dilated?
Speaker 6: And it is clear from the full exchange on the radio show that she also thinks that just one physician should have to authorize it, not multiple because that is raised in that interview as well. So he's talking about a hypothetical situation. I don't think there.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, I'm sure. With the populations undred and fifty million, it's just a pretty growth.
Speaker 6: It's a pretty grotesque, hypothetical, hypothetical situation, obviously, and he just makes a complete muck of it. And I don't think it's any coincidence that he's not the governor anymore. But from my understanding, he was talking about a hypothetical situation, and that's why it.
Speaker 10: Is hypothetical or not. He said the baby is born and then we have a discussion, which is exactly so.
Speaker 5: Then we would know.
Speaker 6: But he's not saying about He's not talking about something that.
Speaker 5: Is happening now. He's talking about with all of that.
Speaker 2: As abortion, with all the context.
Speaker 3: Point the pertinent point is this that interview that we just watched.
Speaker 2: When it was reported by.
Speaker 3: The BBC, they reported it with this headline Virginia late term abortion bill labeled in fantaside. So that was the clear inference, regardless of context. But the interesting creating Trump was fact checked for something he said about abortion, which turned out to be accurate. Meanwhile, Kamala Harris was not interrogated at all regarding her views on late term abortions. And one of the interesting things about this debate was on more than three or four occasions, Trump actually suggested to the ABC moderators questions they might like.
Speaker 2: To ask Kamala Harris, you know.
Speaker 3: Should they be curious about where she stood on anything, And not once did they take Trump up on.
Speaker 2: Any of those offers.
Speaker 3: In fact, the other curious thing about this debate was you would sweat it was. Donald Trump had been in power for the last three and a half years and he was being interrogated over the state of the country, and Kamala was the challenger. She's been in power for three and a half years, and she stood there basically just I mean, they said, you know, Trump is a horrible person.
Speaker 2: Trump, you are, aren't you?
Speaker 3: And then they'd say to Kamala do you agree he's a horrible person? And that was pretty much how it went for nineteen minutes.
Speaker 10: It was and this point that we're about to show you here was incredibly amusing because Kamala had basically just accused him of weaponizing this and weaponizing that, and isn't it all terrible? He turns around and says, you guys, are the ones have been weaponizing everything against me? Why do you think I came to almost have a bullet in my skull. We'll get that clip for you as soon as he can. So the headline reads, Trump says he took a bullet to the head thanks to dem rhetorics during the presidential debate with Harris. We've got that grab for you now here. It is.
Speaker 1: This is the one that weaponized, not me, She weaponized. I probably took a bullet to their head because of the things that they say about me. They talk about democracy. I'm a threat to democracy. They're the threat to democracy. Was a fake Russia Russia Russia investigation that went nowhere.
Speaker 10: Will the media is like, oh quick, got to move on from this. He's going to get on a roll about all the lies the dams have told ad nauseum for almost four years during the Biden administration, and of course commentators online were very quick to pick up on the fact that Kamala had completely redefined herself by now. Trump literally joked during this debate that he was going to send her a MAGA cap since she seemed to have changed her policies on so many issues. This woman came out on stage today, stared down the barrel at Americans and told them with the straight face she is a gun carrying, fracking supporter who loves George Bush and is thrilled to be talked up by Dick Cheney. This woman is unrecognizable from the woman of yesd year, and David Muir, the ABC moderator there, failed to pick her up even when she tried on the fact that well, gun control, you know, actually I have a gun of my own. Meanwhile, back in the last presidential debate, that Kamala stood in and David Muir was commentator then as well. She literally said she would use executive order in order to enact gun controls. Check it out. This is back in the last presidential debate.
Speaker 4: Recent days, former Vice President Biden has said about executive orders, some really talented people are seeking the nomination. They said, I'm going to issue an executive order, Biden saying there's no constitutional authority to issue that executive order. When they say I'm going to eliminate assault weapons, saying you can't do it by executive order anymore than Trump can do things when he says he can do it by executive order. Does the Vice president have a point there?
Speaker 2: Some things you can, many things you can.
Speaker 4: Let's let the senator answer.
Speaker 11: Well, I mean I would just say, hey, Joe, it said it saying that we can't. Let's say yes we can, Yes we can, and.
Speaker 10: Yes we can. She says, even while Biden himself is standing there, it is more mental acuity type days, saying this is unconstitutional. Do not say this. She's laughing and saying, yes, I would do this. But today in today's debate, she's a gun total She's not going to be clamping down on gun control. She's completely reformed. And what's really interesting about watching that clip from almost four years ago now is we didn't see any of the jolly, smiley, happy type Kamala, which begs the question if she can turn it off? Is she just turning it on? Is that what she's like.
Speaker 6: She's has just been stage managed within each of her life. They are not letting her out of the cage for anything except the most absolute like they had to wait, to think, what six weeks before they even let her have a sit down media interview for twenty minutes with Tim Roberson sitting next to her like a little sort of you know, support on a friendly network with a friendly reporter. And even that took six weeks to get to that point. They are managing it so and you can guarantee that the idea for getting her to sort of poke Donald Trump about Israeli attendants, that that was some mastermind in the background that came up with that. That's straight out of a few good men. By the way, this is what Tom Cruise does to Jack Nicholson and a few good men needle and tried to make him out of Actually you can get hand.
Speaker 5: Of the truth.
Speaker 6: But even though they tried to iron out all of Karmala's.
Speaker 5: Kicks, there still some that slipped through. Now. I mentioned obviously there was her you know, her.
Speaker 6: Contentt inflection because I'm about opportunity and she's actually sort of asking herself the question, and then because I'm.
Speaker 5: About opportunity and so I think.
Speaker 6: But another one you mentioned the word actually Liz and Karma Harris also, I know has had a pendant. Every time she's kind of in trouble or she gets lost in one of her word salads, she pulls out the word actually, even when it actually serves no actual purpose in the actual sentence that she's actually saying. Have a look at this magnificent montage we pulled together for you.
Speaker 11: I'm actually the only person have actually a plan was actually my mother raised, my sister and me. What actually result actually brings value, actually understands we actually need a leader who actually addresses and I'm going to actually do something really unusual, a president who actually puts you first.
Speaker 6: There you guys, whoever's writing her speeches, I'm not sure, but I can tell you one thing they love.
Speaker 3: Actually, it was pretty clear that she had a few key points that she was going to continually return to. She kept coming back to values. She hasn't changed the mind on anything. Same values, different policies, but same value. She kept coming back to democracy. She kept coming back to the fact that she's a lifter of people. She's not going to beat them down, even if she beat Donald Trump down. And of course she kept trying to sell herself off as a member of the middle class.
Speaker 11: So I was raised as a middle class kid, and I am actually the only person on this stage who has a plan that is about lifting up the middle class and working people of America. I believe in the ambition, the aspirations, the dreams of the American people, and that is why I imagine and have actually a plan to build what I call an opportunity economy.
Speaker 10: My passion.
Speaker 11: One of them is small businesses. I was actually my mother raised my sister and me, but there was a woman who helped raise us. We call her our second mother. She was a small business I love our small businesses. My plan is to give a fifty thousand dollars tax deduction to start up small businesses, knowing they are part of the backbone of America's economy.
Speaker 3: So she's from the middle class, but is she black? And on that question, Trump walks straight into a trap.
Speaker 1: You make a big deal out of something I couldn't care less. Whatever she wants to be is okay with me.
Speaker 9: But those were your words, so I don't know.
Speaker 1: I mean, all I can say is I read where she was not black that she put out and I'll say that, and then I read that she was black, and that's okay. Either one was okay with me. That's up to her.
Speaker 2: Liz.
Speaker 3: I thought he started well when he said I don't care, and he should have just stopped then, but he couldn't help himself but just sort of go a bit deeper, and then.
Speaker 10: It all got I had to point out her hypocrisy. And I do not blame him for points in which he may have gotten a little heated, points in which I'm because I was. I was getting so frustrated watching this woman tell lie after lie. No fact check is for Kamala, and I think that is why he felt this, Other than just his temperament, he felt this onus on him to take every opportunity to point out the fact that this woman's lied, even about that she's black, when it suits so we've all played the grabs on this show of her putting on some sort of southern drawl, trying to sound all Obama esque when there's a black crowd behind her. But if she's at a white rally, she sounds more like normal Kamala. So he couldn't pass up the opportunity to point out the fact that the only reason why I ever said anything about her race was because she doesn't even seem to know what she is. But you know what, I don't care. She can be whatever she wants to be.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about the CNN coverage is, as soon as the debate finished, I was watching it on CNN and we're watching it on Sky News Australia.
Speaker 2: I know what we're going to say. Want to know what the enemy is saying.
Speaker 3: Screen, And the first thing he says, Joe is well, a historic moment, the first ever black woman standing for president of the United States, And I thought, there you go.
Speaker 2: They play the race card.
Speaker 3: Then when Trump points out they're playing the race card, Trump is accused of playing the race card. But it's got nothing to win by going down that street, especially when you've got a failing economy, a poorer southern border. Just plate your strengths and leave those subjects alone.
Speaker 5: That's right.
Speaker 6: And the thing is in America, even though identity politics is creeping into politics everywhere in the West America, racial politics is completely baked into their political system and to the way people campaign. And you can see how quickly and easily it can become toxic. That's why you had Joe Biden saying things, you know, if you ain't voting for me, you're not black because of his you know, there was jokes about Bill Clinton being the first black president because a good compair of sunglasses and played the saxophone.
Speaker 5: Now that seemed that was funny. In the nineties, you know, everyone thought that.
Speaker 6: Was okay, and that's why you have you know, Barack Obama surprised many people because it was always thought that blacks and Hispanics wouldn't vote for each other, and Barack Obama managed to get votes on both and people thought, oh, well, it's a great big rainbow. And that's why you've got things like white women for Harris, black women for Harris, you know, left footed purple people leaders dancing a jig for Harris. And so it's all very much set up and again it turns toxic very quickly. The one thing that was really interesting though, I think about Harris's introductory statement, and again this was really early on the bait, just a few minutes in.
Speaker 5: You can see how nervous she is.
Speaker 6: Again those uses the word actually about ten times in just the one state. And it's another thing baked into American politics, of course, the log cabin story that you know, the president, you know, was born in a log cabin.
Speaker 5: He built with his own hands.
Speaker 6: As they're running joke, right, So if the most humble thing that Kamala Harris can say about herself is that she was middle class, which of course, historically, like in the in England when it was invented, was meant that you were really, really well off. So she says she's middle class and says that's about as humble as she can make herself. Then you know that she must have actually been pretty affluent. And there's another clue in that, because she talks about how she loves small business owners because she's got to tick that box.
Speaker 5: Now all of a sudden, she's profriate.
Speaker 10: She knew one as a child, she knew.
Speaker 5: One as a child.
Speaker 6: Who was it the woman she lived with who helped raise her.
Speaker 5: That's a living nanny.
Speaker 10: Sounds like that's a government, that's a servants.
Speaker 6: I'm sure she was, you know, a sole contractor who loves small business and was sending them in voices very diligently. But you know, again like my second mother who lived with us and helped raise me, was like, what's another word for that housekeeper?
Speaker 3: Indeed, before we move on from the debate really quickly, can you hear from both of you, having watched the debate, what do you think it means for the.
Speaker 2: Presidential campaign going forward? Is it a game changer? Doesn't mean nothing?
Speaker 10: Your quick take, like I said, absolutely nothing. I don't. I think very few people would be sitting on the fence at this point, and those who are pro Kamala would have been like, she was amazing. She totally beat Trump or Pulp and everybody else who's always voted for Trump and it just wants changed. I mean, that's that's something else. That's all Trump needed to say today is like, do you want another four years of what you've experienced currently and have experienced over the last four years, Because if you're happy with that, and it's all Beachy Keene, fine, vote Dems. He did make the point, though she is Biden, you are voting for exactly the same administration.
Speaker 2: She had a really well rehearsed stated for that she did.
Speaker 3: She said I'm not Joe Biden, and nor am I Donald Trump, which was clearly rehearsed and not bad Joe.
Speaker 2: Does this change anything or.
Speaker 6: It's just I don't know how much it will change, but I think certainly it hurts Trump and does not help him. How much it hurts him or not, whether I mean the NFL. Timmy j Big shout out to Timmy j My, one of my best mates, labor strategist who was very, very smart and understands normal people much better than a lot of other political strategists. Said, Look, the NFL season is going to start next week, and everyone will have forgotten about politics at that point, and then they'll go back to thinking about it just before the election and when they go to vote. But I think Trump had Harris, had Harris on the ropes for the first half hour, and then he basically threw that all away by again being being roped into a rabbit hole that he didn't need to go down. And after that he lost his momentum. Before this, Trump's poll numbers were gaining, the margin was narrowing. The New York Times Ciena Pole actually had Trump marginally ahead in the national polls or the tiny bit behind in you know, say, Pennsylvania and the key swing stage. So again he was he was actually on track to come back. And that's with him not a particularly great performance over the last couple of weeks, but with Karmela's you know, buzz, her halo wearing off after the convention, and again, the more you see of Karmala, the more people don't seem to like what they're seeing. The pressure on her for this debate, everyone was saying she would struggle in an unscripted free for all environment, that Donald Trump.
Speaker 5: Would get the better of her.
Speaker 6: That was what he looked like he was about to do for the first half hour, but then he flubbed it.
Speaker 10: And I agree with that assertion, but.
Speaker 6: True, I think, yeah, I think the vast majority of people and again there are a lot of people who, no matter what happened, would call it for Carmala Harris and say that you'd win. I thought that Trump, you know, would do better, and he was doing as well as I thought he would do for the first half hour. But the difference between that first half hour and then when he starts talking about the dogs and then immediately starts talking about cats, because I think he even realizes that he's just stuffed something up. You can see her, No, that is absolutely not and you can see her looking at him, and you can see the cogs in his own eyes and at that moment, but they both realized.
Speaker 3: She definitely benefited. I think from the low expectations that people.
Speaker 10: Have to not screw up. He is a woman is finger painting and we're congratulating her because she drew a stick figure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's true. Let's go to local news quickly. Anthony Albanesi is set to introduce new hate speech laws into Parliament tomorrow. Now, this was a promising made back in February in response to essentially the anti semitism that we've seen since October seven. Hiss Anthony Albenze speaking today about what they'll introduce.
Speaker 7: As I said tomorrow, the government will be introducing legislation this week to create new criminal offenses and strengthen protections against hate crimes.
Speaker 8: These offenses will protect the community, including the LGB two t community and other targeted groups from the threat of force or violence and from those who would urge violence against them, which we know is only too real now.
Speaker 3: The original proposal was that they would criminalize serious vilification. The Sitting Morning Herald we're reporting that the government we're going to water that down. We'll see tomorrow when the bill is introduced. But we've seen in the UK how these hate speech laws in Scotland as well really don't work. There should be laws against inciting violence, but when it comes to hate speech and vilification, and of course then begs the question who decides what constitutes vilification? And the government want to criminalize serious vilification, which then begs another question what's vilification and what's serious vilification? And the problem, of course is once you start making these laws around gender, sexuality, religion. If I say to you that your religion is a load of rubbish and garbage, have I vilified you?
Speaker 2: And is it serious?
Speaker 3: If I say to you that I believe homosexuality is a sin because that's what my religion teaches. Have I just vilified you by saying that you're going to end up in hell? You would say that I have I say I'm just arguing my sincerely held religious belief. You've out of me on National Teller, and now the government has got through exactly, or some sort of tribunal have then got to or a police officer has got to adjudicate on that.
Speaker 2: These laws are ridiculous.
Speaker 3: No one wants people to be saying nasty things, but the courts are not the place to deal with it. Let people have it out, and if people are being rude and vile and vulgar, then people will shun them and that will be their punishment.
Speaker 10: Yes, that has always been the concept of free speech. You are free to say whatever you want. I'm free to react however I want. Let's not get the law involved. If I was ever to get a tattoo, it would say free speech is hate speech, depending on who wants to define what that hate is. That is why we cannot have hate speech laws. We just can't, because who among us are we going to trust to say we can slap a fine on you, we can penalize you, we can even throw you in jail for saying ab or c. These proposed laws have reportedly targeted derogatory remarks. Okay, so if I call you an idiot. Does that count based on gender, sexuality, race, disability and religion. That's all of them. Baby. This would see the courts tied up till the cows come home. This is a massive can of worms. But that's that's a technicality. That's just how it would work out. My point is free speech is hate speech, period, and we need free speech. It's the bulwark of any free society. You can't you can't start making laws around this, and the ones that we already do don't even work. We supposedly have them. But the hate preachers in Western Sydney you get to say from their pulpits gosh, don't you wish a certain community was just, you know, wiped off the face of the earth. And that's perfectly fine. We're told by our state government. They haven't even got a slap on the wrist. So like the ones you do have, you're not even you using. But you want to make more. No matter which angle you look at this from, it's nonsense.
Speaker 5: This is where the government's landed so full credit Sirtain.
Speaker 6: They've said right incitement to violence, seeking to cause harm to people, or encouraging others to cause harm to people based on any of those things race.
Speaker 2: We already have those laws.
Speaker 10: There's derogatory remarks. It doesn't say inciting.
Speaker 6: Harm, but I think that is I don't think that is the sort of stuff that is going to get through. It seems we haven't seen the final film, but they're saying now that hate speech won't actually be a part of it in and of itself.
Speaker 5: Incitement.
Speaker 3: Can I just say the most surprising part of that conversation is that if Liz Stauer was to ever get a tattoo, that's the tattoo you would get speech hate, get a butterfly or something?
Speaker 5: Did you get it?
Speaker 6: We're visible, so that everyone my forehead.
Speaker 3: Before we go, before we go to an ad break. Of course, in the US, it's nine to eleven memorial. His footage of Biden, Harris and Trump at the nine to eleven memorial that's happening as we speak, and so you can see them. They're a little friendlier than at the debate today.
Speaker 2: Is that Bloomberg Joe Biden? Is there? Is it mayor Bloomboot looks like, yeah, was it Schumer?
Speaker 6: So that is maybe, but but there you go.
Speaker 3: They're commemorating nine to eleven and of course jd Vance there beside Donald Trump as well. Well, we are going to go to a break, but when we come back in just a moment, we'll have all that's making news in tomorrow's papers.
Speaker 2: Stick around, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, let's take a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. We'll start with the Herald's Son, who of course going with the massive protest in Melbourne today at the weapons Expo. The front page, and it's a pretty great photo on the front page of the Herald's Son. The headline reads your hate won't win. Dirty, filthy, disgusting animals. Vile protesters spray police with acid, pelt them with rocks and feces, and attack officers with flaming bins. And when you open up Tomorrow's Herald Son, they've got four pages covering this. But the photograph that you can see on your screen there is well, I guess, Joe, I'm not sure I should call it a brilliant photograph because what we saw in the streets of Melbourne were an absolute disgrace. News photos with his life, it's a great life.
Speaker 6: It's up there with the one of Donald Trump after the assassination attempt, where he's sort of got his fist raised in phenomenal if you look at if you look at the composition of the photo, it's incredible, even the expression on the horse's face where the horse almost seems to be sort of screaming. And then you've got the guy the horse is trying to break this line of protesters, got the guy just in front. I mean, it's an incredible photo. And then on the right hand side we have this mysterious figure in a trench coat and sunglasses who I feel has a very interesting story to tell. I want to know more about him. I think it's a hymn. It's just incredible. I mean, again, we have no suggestion whatsoever that this person or any of these people were involved in any of the actual violence. But I've studied that picture of the guy or the girl whoever it is, long blonde hair on the end, and I'm pretty sure I can say with Tom with confidence, Tom Petty do better.
Speaker 10: But what an ironic anti war protest? This is essentially what this is supposed to be. Where anti war, we're anti violins. So let's spray the police with acid and herld fecal matter and take our frustrations out on police forces as well as police men. I saw a few of them bloodied up today. The police on the streets, just trying to contain the anarchy. It's like, guys, I mean.
Speaker 6: But also there were heaps of anti climate change protesters there and they set fire to plastic bins that the worst kind.
Speaker 10: Don't know anything about emissions.
Speaker 2: Clearly inconsistency from Melbourne Marxists.
Speaker 6: But honestly that I'm the last person startsusts.
Speaker 10: Okay, I'm the last person to be like, lay off the military industrial complex, weapon go about their business. But if you're going to take them on, oh my goodness, this is not how it's done. And also in a free, democratic society, if you want to keep the peace, you've got to be prepared for war. That is the world that we're living in. So I don't know where they think they're going to get off, just being like everyone stop it. Like watching some of the vox pops today was just hilarious. Why are you here today? We just want it all to end.
Speaker 6: And it also pro Russians there at the protest as well, wouldn't have been totally out of five.
Speaker 3: There was one hilarious moment from the protest, and that's where Sky News reporter told us all that the protesters had been so committed to the protest, but they did have time to take.
Speaker 2: A lunch break.
Speaker 10: This is what it looks like at the moment.
Speaker 6: They've just made an announcement that the protest is going to go to lunch to have a break and then come back.
Speaker 5: Hard work.
Speaker 2: You know you're going to have a smoke over.
Speaker 5: We're not satire? How is this not satire?
Speaker 6: Like imagine those guys are the trenches ladge the passion dial of the song.
Speaker 3: They madly and then someone will say, watches as lunchtime.
Speaker 6: I say, I say, fricks, Well, I'm just going to have a couple of prompets for a bit. But I just hold the artillery fire.
Speaker 5: I just still say. Should we say, oh, just you know oneish that we can have afters We'll say in the.
Speaker 10: World after assumcial break to the front page of the Courier Mail Now bad drugs crackdown. Voluntary assisted dying drugs would only be controlled by authorized health professionals under a major change recommended after a grieving widower ingested the lethal substance provided to his wife. Coroner David O'Connell's of the man's death was not a one off, and changes were needed to prevent quote further calamity and heartbreak end quote. Well, who knew that state sanctioned suicide via a pill mate have some unintended consequences and very tragic ones at that. I wasn't aware that we could just send these home with people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think once you're I I've always imagined once you approved, then it's in your own time and you can go home.
Speaker 10: And I've heard of people getting them via the mail, but I thought that was like dodgy, dodged, like one of them.
Speaker 6: Seems that in this case that this is this has been properly acquired and properly dispense. There's been sort of dispensed like the other medication. The person that the husband obviously knew where it was and decided to know, well, my beloved wife's gone, I'm in mourning. I can't go on, and he thought, well, it's here now and I'll just take it.
Speaker 5: It's extraordinary and the other thing.
Speaker 6: But the other thing is this is the strange like if you were going to do euthanasia, if you were going to do voluntaris, sister dying and whatever they call it.
Speaker 5: Now, you'd want to do it at time.
Speaker 6: The whole point is you want to go at a time and place of your own choosing, not in some kind of you know, clinical hospital bed. And so if you're going to ban people from taking it home, doesn't that kind of defy the whole point anyway, which is a problem.
Speaker 3: Start down the track of state sanctioned killing, you end up with all sorts of.
Speaker 6: Onto far more important matters. Well, back to the NT News now it's finalist. Back on song the NT News front page, Oh sheet and yes take me to Akma, I said.
Speaker 5: It, Oh sheet.
Speaker 6: A man hunt as prisoners escape through cell window.
Speaker 5: This is amazing.
Speaker 6: This is like out of an eighties Buddy film. Two violent offenders are on the run after an early morning Darwin CBD prison break involving bed sheets and a broken window panel. Firstly, how good is Darwin. It's still got a prison right in the middle of the CBD. Love that place so much. And secondly, bed sheets? Who would have you know? What do they want to sell?
Speaker 5: Number four?
Speaker 6: Johnny? Are just some more bed sheets? Must be a bit cold in Darwin in prison in the oh, well, better give it to him, just in case that one. I'm catching a chill. I just loved that joint so much.
Speaker 3: Let's go to the front page of the Adelaide Advertiser with Anthony Albanezi introducing stronger vilification laws. They might come in handy for the police union in South Australia. Silly cow copsler reads the headline, the thuggish police union leaders ridicule officers. So there's an internal brawl in the state's police union that's erupted because officials have been accused of ridiculing officers with PTSD and calling female police members silly cows and female office staff old, fat and ugly. Officers who called into the Police Association South Australia with mental health inquiries for their work were called quote broken biscuits. This has all been revealed to Parliament last night and we'll obviously become an ongoing controversy. Not really what you want to be called when you ring in because you're doing it tough, and that's what you're told by your union, whether they were mucking around or not.
Speaker 2: It's not exactly appropriate.
Speaker 10: I just I'm sorry. I find it really funny that we're.
Speaker 5: Never running.
Speaker 10: Like I wasn't silly cowany calling fat, old and ugly. Well if the shoe fits, no, No, I'm just I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: Fell I brought a biscuit. I stand in solidarity.
Speaker 10: We're having an inquiry into this.
Speaker 3: Do you wonder whether the mental health issues were before they spoke to the police union, or as a result of speaking to the police they.
Speaker 10: Leave emotional cripple like it's supposed to help USS, Right.
Speaker 6: I only got PTSD after I called the helpline.
Speaker 2: Exactly all right, We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: But when we come back, a big argument has erupted over whether school children should be allowed to go to the bathroom during class time or whether they should be told to wait.
Speaker 2: We'll weigh in on that in just a moment. Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, we know CNN love Kamala Harris, but Liz even CNN are a little.
Speaker 10: Surprised stomach this. Yes, CNN on the Daily gives the dams a good tongue bath. But today CNN anchor known as Aaron Burnett got a few inconvenient facts, shall we say? From senior editor Andrew Kazinski regarding Harris's twenty nineteen policy positions. Check this out. She could barely believe it.
Speaker 13: This questionnaire is really an interesting snapshot in time of that twenty nineteen Democratic primary. Kamala Harris was trying to get to the left of Bernie Sanderws. She was trying to get to the left of Elizabeth Warren, and you really see that in a light of these answers. I want to walk her viewers through a little bit of what she said. Let's just take immigration and look at what she said here. She said on immigration, she made this open ended pledge to end immigrant attention. She said she supported taxpayer funded gender transition surgeries for deteened migrants.
Speaker 2: She also said she's.
Speaker 10: Expair funded gender transition surgeries for detainment. Actually said she supported.
Speaker 13: She wrote both wrote and answered in the affirmative when she was asked this.
Speaker 10: Now, there is no to the left of Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren, and that is proof. But she was trying her hardest and if anyone was going to make it, it was going to be her answers in that twenty nineteen policy survey.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so this is from the American Civil Liberties Union and sort of saying, oh, do you support all these things, and she's like, yeah, I'll say anything, yep, just take every box all right.
Speaker 10: Now.
Speaker 3: A teacher in California has caused controversy tried to solve that age old problem of stopping kids going to the toilet.
Speaker 2: Simply to get out of class.
Speaker 3: So what she's done is she's given every child in the class one toilet pass, which they can use it anytime during the week, but once they've used it, they can't ever go to the toilet again that week during class time. They've got to hold on to the break But if they don't use their toilet pass, they get to use it as credit towards their assignments or their exams. So this has caused controversy with parents saying it's not fair to make kids wait. I ran this by my son's Liz, and they both immediately said, oh, what you get credit if you don't go to the toilet. We hold on and we'd use it for credit towards our assignments. They thought it was a fantastic idea so they could do better in their work.
Speaker 10: The irony is just last night we were talking about the Queensland health promo for telling everyone to do number twos at work. It's healthy. Everyone get around it. There was a jingle for it and everything, and now we're telling kids at school hold it and we'll give you some points like what come on, come on.
Speaker 5: Come on.
Speaker 6: Look, we've just got to pull together as a team here. Okay, that's to be for the common good. You've got to remember there is no I in we on that note.
Speaker 3: That's it from us, But don't go anywhere. Coming up in just a moment is the reader Pendhesia