Speaker 1: Yes, it is Show and Tell time. It is the time of.
Speaker 2: The week you listen to us talk. Hi, how's it going?
Speaker 1: Hi, it's Mail, It's Monty. Thanks for listening into our podcast. If you're new to the podcast, which I think there might be a few newies, which is exciting. Welcome and also to our longtime listeners, thank you for listening in as per usual. But Mail, let's kick off the pod with your random fat of the week.
Speaker 2: Oh my god. Okay, so I saw this on a clip on Instagram from a podcast called Wine About It. One of the girls was talking about this thing called a decidual cast. Have you ever heard of this ever? So what it is. It's very rare, but it happens. You know, a period is when you shed the line of your uterus. Yeah, right, And it happens over the course of a few days to a week or whatever. This is when the whole uterine lining sheds at once. Oh so it's just a one dayer. It's it's but it comes out literally like the shape of your uterus. The whole lining sheds in one piece. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: That's fantastic, like a hectic qlot like if you're up for it, if you dare google it.
Speaker 2: I did. It literally looks like a tongue, A tongue, yes, sort of like the shape of the uterus is almost like that, sort of I guess, triangle shape upside down, triangles out like that. Never ever knew about it either. I would love that.
Speaker 1: How brilliant to just get it over in one day, done, But you would have to just make sure you're home at that time. It would be brilliant if you knew. Okay, at two o'clock on this date, I'm going.
Speaker 2: To hop in the shower. Yeah, hopping the shower, blob out. Oh, maybe what I did?
Speaker 1: Feel like, I feel almost nice. It feel like you're after birth, like you know, once you've given birth and then your after birth comes out.
Speaker 2: I didn't like that bit. Well, it hurt because you were still.
Speaker 1: Having contractions, but I liked the feeling of it, like sliding out like a gush of meat. Hey, so last week I did the Imperfect podcast, Yes You did, one of my favorite podcasts with Ryan Shelton Hugh and Josh Van Kyle and Berg where they interview just I've mentioned it a million times and pointed people to the podcast a heap of times. But where they just talked to often experts or just people about their life. So I went on, oh my god, after I did it, I have never First of all, I was so nervous doing it. I've never had nerves like that in my whole life. Like Ryan's one of my great mates. I couldn't even pick up my glass of water on the table because my hands were shaking so much, so I had to have my hands under the desk.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I think it is. I think it's because you do TV and stuff and you're fine with that. I think it's you were going in knowing you were going to be vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Totally. I felt so vulnerable. And also, like on here, I talk about myself a lot, but in my job I'm interviewing other people, so it's never just talking about myself. When for an hour and a half we covered everything from my mum dying me telling my little boy about it, to my chronic illnesses to losing your job when I fell pregnant, Like, we covered.
Speaker 2: Everything, and they ask just the right questions, just.
Speaker 1: The right questions. Anyway, the feedback I got was so out of this world. I said to Sam, I get how celebrities feel when they're just bombarded with the most epic comments that you would get delusional.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: I said to him, I said, I've got to be prepared because they just banged out the social clips over like four days. I said, I've got to be prepared when these comments finish, because I was so beautiful, like so many people saying how much they related, saying how brave I was, how amazing I was. And I said to Sam, this is addictive reading these comments. And I said, imagine you were like a maths contestant where you're as big as anything for the duration of the show, and then it all fucking stops. Like I get how it can mess.
Speaker 2: With your head. Well imagine also it going the opposite way, the cat sing and people saying, oh oh my god, Monty, like what that's so ship?
Speaker 1: Oh fuck you strain whatever, images like that. Oh So, because you do. I read them and they made me feel amazing. There wasn't one negative comment. It was such a beautiful space to share. But you're right, if they were negative comments, it would have sent me into a hole. Because human nature is you can't help but read things about you like you just can't. So I was on Instagram like an absolute fucking demon, just watching the numbers go up, watching the comments come in, and I was like, this is so beautiful, but I have to also have a grip on the fact that everyone writes that and then they move on where I'm like, oh, I'm excellent.
Speaker 2: No, But it's also just I think it probably would have made you feel good too, because it's all that feeling of being less alone.
Speaker 1: That's feeling Haunds down to a lot it is. I know that it sounds cheesy, but sharing what I did and feeling very vulnerable and I spoke very openly about my children and their neurodivergency, which connected hugely with so many people. It's a very isolating thing, and so to have an instant connection, even if it's just a message going I totally relate. I'm going through this as well. Like one of the people in the comments wrote, I feel like I've found my people in this comment section, and that got me because I was like, so many of us are doing things like even people writing about the grief of how lonely it is and isolating it is, and just knowing that you're not alone in those things can be really comforting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because it's easy to forget that other people are going through it when you're in it.
Speaker 1: And yeah, when you're often just surviving, you're like everyone else around me is fucking thriving. Where this was like, Oh, everyone's got their shit, No one's thriving, No one's thriving, no one anyway. Going from helping people to the Kardashians. So I listened to Chloe Kardashian's got a new podcast and she had Courtney on last week. Late last week. Courtney does attachment parenting, where if you do that, who are to you? Like, kudos to you, that's amazing. I do detachment parenting where it's like you're out of the womb, You're on your fucking own.
Speaker 2: Now. No you don't, God, you'd make yourself out to be an No, I don't, but I very much.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't have a huge amount of patients. So just sitting with the kids or playing with the kids last about ten minutes where I'm like, Okay, I'm done.
Speaker 2: She her little boy.
Speaker 1: Naps for three hours a day, and she just sits in the chair and nurses him for his whole n app every day.
Speaker 2: That is a level of privilege.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. The whole time she's talking, I was thinking.
Speaker 2: This is so privileged.
Speaker 1: Everything they're talking about was, of course naturally so unbelievably privileged. But to be able to sit there because of course she's she's got people cleaning her house and making her dinner. So to sit there with your baby for three hours, hands down privilege. But how fucking boring.
Speaker 2: I'm sure in that time she's maybe got the baby like this, and maybe she's checking emails, and oh she is. I was gonna say, you can't just be sitting there. She's got like.
Speaker 1: A frequency blanket on him. She's got something on her phone to science to stop the radiation of her phone going to him. She's really fucking right. And also she was saying how she goes against the grain with a lot of parenting stuff. She's like, I will nurse my kids when they have a fever. I won't give them tile andol or anything. I'm like, that's fucking mean, Like if the kid's in pain, you've got to give the kid pan at all.
Speaker 2: It's like, I don't want to sound defensive when I say this, it's just not understanding or relating to, for example, people who were Jehovah's witnesses who don't believe in sort of blood transfusions and stuff. So if their loved one is in a car accident, for example, and the doctors say they need a blood transfusion, the idea is God is going to take care of them.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, I think same as scientologists. Remember there was something Tom Cruise didn't approve of. Was it Kirsty Ally or somebody had to have a blood transfusion or something, and it.
Speaker 2: Was like, I don't know, but the concept of that I don't get. So like, when your kid's in pain, no one wants to just smash their kid with pantol and whatever, but I mean you also don't want your kid to suffer either.
Speaker 1: Here's the thing. Medication is a really interesting topic when it comes to your kids. And I just find it really challenging when people go against Western medication that can help you and hugely help you. And I get it's not the first line of contact, especially for your children, but there are so many kids out there with such hectic anxiety, such hectic ADHD and the parents not coming to terms with medicating their kids. And who is suffering is the children, and it really upsets me.
Speaker 2: There are so many things about that, like that is also just a form of shaming. Yeah, like almost translating. You know, we don't want to do that because and you know, everyone has their own right to what they think. Is that based down the thing I think is really an issue when a parent is in denial but there's something, you know that needs to be managed in their child, and then the child is you know, acting out in the classroom and stuff, and it affects everybody.
Speaker 1: Yes, there was a really interesting clip keeping on the Kardashians. The Kardashians stock he treats the Kardashians. It's talking about ADHD, which I spoke about on the imperfects that I have. I haven't found medication that works properly for me. My middle child is like chalk and cheese outside of his when I can tell in the morning when his medication kicks in because it complex doesn't alter his personality in any which way, but he can concentrate. His defiance isn't a.
Speaker 2: Full on his karma. He's karma.
Speaker 1: So when he hasn't had it, the teacher can hands down recognized because she has to redirect him all the time. This doctor was saying with ADHD, it's more damaging to not medicate because it is really challenging for children to not be able to concentrate, to be really hyperactive in their mind. Is it can lead to higher divorce rate. These are this is all scientific studying. Stuff can lead to drugs, incarceration, all of those are much higher rate for unmedicated ADHD people, which is fascinating to me.
Speaker 2: Well, it makes so much sense because it's the impulsiveness, it's the need for to get the dopamine that might be food, alcohol, drugs, whatever, higher a chance of having an eating disorder. It's like all that stuff. And there are.
Speaker 1: Other ways, of course, you can go about trying to help this, but he, this doctor is so all about natural stuff. This is the guy that pushes saffron for to help with depression and stuff.
Speaker 2: Oh, I know who you're talking, the bold guy, dtr Armand.
Speaker 1: So I was so amazed when I heard him say, well, I watched it because I was like, fucking here we go. Because I do medicate my children, and it was in our first line, but it got to the point where it's like, my children are suffering so much. This is destroying our family and it is absolute chalk and cheese between it. But I was saying, how yeah. I was watching him and I was like, oh, here we go. What's he going to be saying natural stuff for ADHD? But it was so reaffirming for me as a parent who does medicate her kids to go, okay, you're a doctor who will always go the natural route, but was saying ADHD medication just can be an absolute game changer and life changer for.
Speaker 2: Children and with kids too, Like when you look back at your own life, my fears are always around like wasted potential because it's my thing. I think what could I have been? What could I have done if I Well, I guess back then we didn't even know, like it wasn't even know all the things that we look at now, especially for girls and women is so different to you know, it was looked at in this one particular way back then. But I just think, and then what happens is that that internal feeling you get that you're not keeping up. Everything's harder for you than it is if you're downe it affects your self esteem. Then you don't want to take chances because you don't want to look stupid, and then it's this flow on effect. So if you can manage that while they're young, I mean, oh totally.
Speaker 1: Well, the statistics sens like you can't fight against it. I also completely understand that everyone is on their own journey when it comes to their kids, and you know there are other things that you might be doing, So please don't take this as a judgment. This is for my own opinion. But I also when I see other children struggle and the parents so anti medication, and I know the difference it made in our family, I'm like, that fucking poor kid. I will never forget being at Baxter's football when we were testing ADHD medication for him, and there were two parents behind me who were talking about ADHD and how their kids have ADHD, and one of them said, do you medicate your kids? She's like no, I will never and the other lady's like you beauty, and they high fived behind me. I never felt more judged like a shitter parent and just angry. I was like, that's your shit that you're putting on your child, and it's just it was just so icky. I was also talking to a friend yesterday who's got neurodivergent kids. And I was saying, how you know so many people just think it's horseshit or so many more people getting diagnosed with autism and ADHD, And I said, it makes sense. There are so many people in the world that of course we're going to have different wirings of brains. Yeah, do you know what I mean. There's no way we're all going to have the same wiring. And if you're classed as a typical brain, still your wiring's different. But if you're neurodivergent, it's different. Again, like no one's completely the same, but there are there is a big difference between typical and euro divergent. But I was saying, like it's more noticeable now because our world is completely not set up for neurodivergent people. It's just not it's over stimulating. It's at a pace that is completely ludicrously fast. Where if we were back in the tribe days, you had a purpose, it wouldn't have been as recognized. So you're like hyperactive, impulsive men would have gone out and hunted. You're more anxious, reserve people would have stayed and cared for the kids and made the food. It's like it wouldn't have been as recognizable because you would have had roles suited you, but there wasn't all that stimulation and that pace of fuck, got to get here, got to get here. They've got footy, they've got this, they've got that. Like it was so different that and over time everything has got faster and faster that I think it's become more prevalent that there is neurodiversity.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. And also like it's just I guess it's the idea too that oh, it's a superpower, which does sort of annoy me a bit think because total gas lighting are there are things that make you brilliant in some way, but if there's not help there, whether that is with a psychologist or medication, whatever you're going to do. If there's not help, you're not you don't have the skills to be able to live life holy and show your brilliance in like, you can't tap into that brilliance because there's a million other things that you have to do just to survive. Have to pay bills, you have to open mail, you have to do all that shit that maybe you struggle with. And if you're not in a partnership or whatever where you've got a partner who's supporting you in that way or taking on the load of the stuff that you can't do. Life really fucking spins out of control, very totally. And I So what's hard with it, though, is that life is challenging for everyone. So a typical person could look at a neurodivergent person and go, well, my life's fucking hard, Like I don't find it easy looking after my kids or anything. It's but it is.
Speaker 1: It's like everything is times fucking a hundred. It's very hard to explain to a tipping a person the intensity of your brain, of your sensory overload of everything like that. Do you know what I mean? Like sometimes I watch Sam when we're in a crowd, and I'm like, you're not even flinching at this, or I'm gritting my teeth through it, Like there is so much of my life I've gritted my teeth through it, and I just feel like other people have done that as well. But then I realized with my diagnosis, I'm like, oh, don't do that. That's a lot harder for me than it is for somebody who isn't you know, divergent, but what.
Speaker 2: A perfect pairing. Oh, it can be when when you have people come together, it's like, you know, when they talk about outsourcing shit that you don't want to do or whatever. It's sort of like that, like in partnerships, in friendships, in everything, when people come together and they're all bringing their own specialty, Like, how magical that is as well? You know, yeah, absolutely, yeah.
Speaker 1: Anyway, let's just go back to the Kardashians because we cannot deny Chris Janna's face.
Speaker 2: I feel so conflicted about this. I was talking to my husband about it before, like, there is no denying. She looks fucking incredible.
Speaker 1: She looks phenomenal face transplant face trans It just looks like she's had Kim's face transplanted onto her face, Like her necks is smooth, anything, It's like she's had a whole body. It's like a whole body face left amazing. This is where I feel conflicted, because one side of me is like, should we even be talking about it. It's her face, it's her body. Let her do what she wants if it makes her feel better good. But the other side of me is like, like, I'm going to be forty six in a couple of weeks, and like, I don't even look at myself and think I look bad for my age. I think I look my age right. But I see that, and I feel the pressure like our hands down. Yeah, and young people.
Speaker 2: When they see that, whether it's girls or boys or whatever, it's like, then their expectation becomes, Oh, that's what beauty wants. Yeah, that's what I want to like, that's what I want to look for in a woman. I want a woman who looks like Kim or Chris or whatever. It's not fucking reality. And then what's gonna happen. We're all going to be getting face transplants.
Speaker 1: Like it is, isn't it? Because I can't have but and this is the conditioning of us. I can't help but look at her and think she looks better, and she looks good, like that's like Kylie Jennet too, like chalk and cheese between her face lift and not. That's why it's so fucked because you get confused yourself where you go. She looks amazing, but then it's like there's nothing natural about her, Like that's so unachievable unless you have a bucket load of work done it's like every second celebrity in Australia as well has had the ponytail face lift. Yeah, because if your eyebrows are really far from your eyes, that's not natural.
Speaker 2: Like I can't.
Speaker 1: Yes, I can spot it from a mile away now where like the tip of the end of the eyebrow goes up and the face like the eye I can see there's a pulling. There's a pulling and the eyebrows really far from the eye. Like I'm looking into our camera now and both of our eyebrows are not that far from our eyes.
Speaker 2: But then I because they hood as you get on my.
Speaker 1: Eyes though so much I can not because so many people everyone I look at is so fucking done. I can't help but go, oh my god, my eyelids, Like you can't see any of my eyelid when my eyes are open now, and my eyes feel like I'm drooping. So in the back of my mind, I'm like, one day, will I do that I lid cut and will I do a pony towel, Like I'm so scared of having work done. But at the same time, because that is our standard of beauty now, I do look at my face and go maybe I should do that.
Speaker 2: I know, and you're caught between. If it makes me feel better about myself, what's the problem. But then the other side is like I want to scream at everyone stops. You're making us all feel shit. We're looking at ourselves differently, and like my husband would say to me, but you're letting that happen. You're letting. But I'm like, when you are looking at yourself in a camera constantly, right, it's so hard. And I've edited all this footage, right, so I'm looking at my face all the time, and I'm looking and going, fuck that line there, Fuck, I've aged. Oh my god, look at this, look at that. I shouldn't care because like I'm a nobody, no one gives a FA's not true.
Speaker 1: But it is just comparison. It's us comparing to things that are just unrealistic because if you look at most you know, some people, but I would say minority find really aging natural beauty great because you know what I mean, like it just because there are so many people who are getting so much work done. When you spot a natural face, you notice it almost more than when somebody has had work done, because that's becoming more than norm.
Speaker 2: And It's also like this thing of when people talk about older women are attractive or younger guys like older women. But part of me is like, yeah, but older women now, you say women who are forty and fifty look like they're thirty. Yeah, yeah, it's not realistic. You look at j Lo and it's like, she doesn't look fifty.
Speaker 1: Four way, and so then we go, oh, I want to look as good as her. Like It's just it's a no win situation because you're right. You go, let them do what they want and if they want to do that, and then you know, and then we go, oh my god, they do look fantastic. And then on the other hand, I'm like, fuck you, you're fucking us all up.
Speaker 2: I know, but that surgeon, great work, great work. All right, we're out of here. Thanks for listening.
Speaker 1: If you want to give us a rating or a comment, it's so appreciated.
Speaker 2: That's such great thing you can do for us.
Speaker 1: If you've got a couple of minutes of your time, get in touch with us anytime. Show and Tell podcasts on Instagram is where you can find us and we'll chat to you soon.
Speaker 2: Love you,