Speaker 1: Ad A Lady ad A Lady ad A Lady ad Lady Unfiltered.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hello, I am Hailey. This is Lauren. We are ad Lady Unfiltered.
Speaker 3: We are besties with business partners and we're the creators of Adel Lady Hollow. I say, hey, Lossy Media, and we do everything together except bag.
Speaker 1: Welcome to my couch again for another week.
Speaker 2: Babe. This is nice. Look at you wearing your clown suit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm wearing this suit.
Speaker 4: I bought this suit and Burgeon, my partner, actually said, is that a dress up suit?
Speaker 3: No? It looks like you're in the Christmas paget, but it's also freaking sick.
Speaker 1: Guys, I love it really.
Speaker 4: One that blue leg, one red leg and one red sleeve and one blue slip.
Speaker 2: You're a clown in the Christmas podcast.
Speaker 4: I'd actually love being in the Christmas padget again this year. If anyone's watching.
Speaker 1: You could wear that my outfit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's actually really notice.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad. I spent six hundred dollars on it.
Speaker 2: That's six hundred dollars. I think, my god, you haven't even worn it anywhere because.
Speaker 3: I got scared of wearing don't let anyone, especially a go I tell you that if something's not because we are cool.
Speaker 2: Hashtag tickets.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so today shopping list.
Speaker 2: What's on the show.
Speaker 4: So today we're gonna be talking about parenting. You have two boys, I have a little girl, very different ages, but.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put my little two bobs in and say that fourteen is the hardest.
Speaker 1: Age, and I think four is the hardest aage. Okay, I'll see you later on that one.
Speaker 2: We're also going to.
Speaker 3: Talk about oversharing, which is something that we've always done.
Speaker 2: But I've got some tips if you're like us, of.
Speaker 3: How to stop yourself before you like tell your entire life story to someone that you've just met.
Speaker 1: That's literally what I do.
Speaker 2: That's what we do every day.
Speaker 1: And then I regret and hate myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the tips are really just for us.
Speaker 3: We'll be there, but right now we're going to start with a little member of the week.
Speaker 1: What happened to us?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: You go for okay, I'll go.
Speaker 3: So this is quite gross, but you know how we use baby wipes all the time, as I think you know you use baby wipes, whether you're a mum or you're not a mum, there's always baby wipes in your back and I hate that I only discovered baby wipes when I had a baby.
Speaker 2: What did we do before? How gross?
Speaker 4: Sour?
Speaker 1: What was in our handbag.
Speaker 3: It's like a mini shower, so you can just like wipe under your pits, you can wipe your face, wipe down there if you want, just and suddenly you feel like fresh again in a big city.
Speaker 4: Like I used to keep undies in my glove box just in case you like shave hands.
Speaker 2: I just need to keep hoggies. We laugh, We love.
Speaker 3: It's chances that happening now are a lot more. Let me tell you so, baby wipes beat in my bag. And then a few weeks ago, we got back from Cambodia together. We were over there together and we had we.
Speaker 2: Had the spots.
Speaker 1: It's terrible.
Speaker 2: You were really bad at this point.
Speaker 3: I just had the cramps at this point, and we were at a little servo and I was like, I'm just going to get some baby wipes, these Cambodian baby wipes, whatever they are. So they did the trick. They made us feel very fresh, and I got home and I've been still using them for the last couple of weeks, and then I was realizing that, like every time I would use it, it was a little that's stingy, scratchy scratchy, like there was more friction on them, so it was scratchy and stingy.
Speaker 2: And then I was like, well, I may as well.
Speaker 4: Just look at the directions because as well, I've just used some seventy four times.
Speaker 3: I have no attention to detail whatsoever. And I looked at the packe at it, and you're the same with me. The packet said multi surface wipes, Fear Kitchen.
Speaker 1: So you've been and your laundry, you've been, Pina cleaning your bits.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I have got the cleanest ninety nine percent germ free.
Speaker 2: Bacteria free flaps. Is that the sound?
Speaker 3: I was using that in all areas of my body like you would to clean it often.
Speaker 1: But didn't it say on the front.
Speaker 2: But I don't read stuff.
Speaker 3: I just thought they looked like baby wipes, and it was in the baby wipe section.
Speaker 1: So it's their fault.
Speaker 3: It's their fault, bloody Cambodia. Anyway, Well that was what happened to you.
Speaker 4: So I'm in full nesting Eraea six months preggy, six months preggy.
Speaker 1: I have just I got a skip over the.
Speaker 4: Weekend and I just like something in me snapped, like it was primal. I was like, everything is not safe in my house, even my partner and there, yeah, I just you know, and I started with all the you know, the older boxes that I've had and the normal stuff, and then I just started going rogue.
Speaker 2: Like you shouldn't be lifting things though I was lifting shit left right. You were a weightlifter, lifter back in the day.
Speaker 1: I was baby, and.
Speaker 2: I didn't boys.
Speaker 4: I started putting everything at that skip and then I've got a bunch of stuff to take to a charity, toys and different things, to which Berger went out there one day, It's like, you can't throw that out.
Speaker 1: That was my childhood teddy beit. And I was like, well, no one can.
Speaker 3: Hang on you. I get like getting rid of shit, but you can't throw out his childhood teddy bear.
Speaker 2: What is he gonna do with it?
Speaker 1: Sleep with this?
Speaker 2: This is child with Teddybears.
Speaker 4: So anyway, so I had to bring that back inside. Oh my god, he is an absolute horder. I threw out a bunch of paperwork and he goes, this is a ticket to America. It's got Sofia's name on it. Why would you throw that out?
Speaker 2: He's got too much estrogen. He was keeping stuff.
Speaker 1: But then my mum and my auntie came over last night.
Speaker 2: And what did Auntie say?
Speaker 4: Oh, well, they looked at the stuff and they were mortified. I'd thrown out all these toys that they'd bought Sofia as a baby, and they were expensive toys, and Lauren, you have no heart. And then suddenly they go, well, Lauren, you're out of the wheel because we can't trust you because you're going to be throwing everything out.
Speaker 3: But so you've done it all wrong though, So when you throw things out, I totally understand, but you've got to hide it. So you put it in another plastic bag and you hide it. That's what I did a couple of weeks ago, underneath all the other stuff, and then they can't check and they don't even know what's there.
Speaker 1: I was breaking stuff. So then when Burjo question, I said it's broken. I was ruthless, like, I don't care. It was Sofia's first shoe.
Speaker 3: Isn't it weird that we're like, we love We're not superficial, but we love superficial things.
Speaker 2: We love buying things, and then we love it for love shop.
Speaker 4: I love shopping. I love like the purpose of the shopping, the purchase.
Speaker 3: But then the dopamine leaves our body and we don't care about that thing anymore. Like you have a very expensive y cell bag and a Gucci but you just you'll leave them on the toilet floor in a public toilet.
Speaker 4: I put on the gravel in a car park. Words, because it was my baby bag. My mum was mortar.
Speaker 3: I do that too because I don't care. But isn't that doesn't that make us good people? Because it shows that we care about humans, not fake things like you know things.
Speaker 1: We're still terrible people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, Okay, what are we gonna start with.
Speaker 3: We're gonna start with parenting. Okay, do you want to start because you've got four year old?
Speaker 4: I've got a beautiful four years old and you've got a fourteen year old boy. And I always piet Alfy's age. He's ten eleven, he's eleven.
Speaker 2: You're not a good godmother.
Speaker 1: No, I'm so.
Speaker 4: I should know that because we started at a lady when he was eight weeks old. Yeah, but in media years he should be like one hundred and seven right now, and it's not.
Speaker 2: He's only eleven.
Speaker 1: So I've got a four year old girl who it's.
Speaker 4: Funny because the sass in her and the eye rolls and the slamming of the doors and I want other parents has already.
Speaker 1: Begun at four. Yeah, like, surely that's too young.
Speaker 3: It is young, because if you compare her to her other friends who are still like.
Speaker 2: Hell, I'm a baby. She's so freaking smart.
Speaker 3: She's like a seven year old mentally, but emotionally she's only four.
Speaker 2: So she's acting out.
Speaker 4: And you forget the age because she's taller as well. I sometimes forget.
Speaker 2: She's six foot four.
Speaker 4: She's literally going to be taller than me probably in you once.
Speaker 2: And she's up to Laurence boobs.
Speaker 1: She is.
Speaker 4: She always says she's up to mums and Nana's boobsrums.
Speaker 1: Are a bit lower. She's shorter, but they're just a bit poors.
Speaker 4: There's just been a lot of moments recently where I just go, what have I done wrong?
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't blame yourself, what's happened?
Speaker 4: But we do, like, do you know just some of the things that she says can be really snappy, can be really.
Speaker 1: Rude, like, you know, she went to my mum, well, what do you know, you're old?
Speaker 4: Like actual hurtful things, hurtful things which I'm like, you don't say that to a grandparent.
Speaker 1: She went through it.
Speaker 4: Like last week there was a big thing at school where she was just disruptive, angry. She said some really hurtful things and we got called into the teacher's office. And you always feel like they're gonna think I'm a bad parent. They're judging me, they're judging my parents.
Speaker 3: Some of them are really nice, the teachers, like most of them are really lovely, but some of them you can tell that they are judging you.
Speaker 4: And they would because you know what, I walk into that school well wind, I'm just shoveled. Sometimes I forget, like I've gone to.
Speaker 2: Chuck her out of the car as you fly over a speed hume.
Speaker 4: I've slowed down to like twenty five as she flies outd I've forgotten the school bag, forgotten the drink bottle, all the normal stuff that busy mums sometimes we forget.
Speaker 1: And the teachers just deal with that, doing your best.
Speaker 2: But I just go.
Speaker 4: Why at four am I getting so much grief? Like surely four can be really difficult. And you know what Berger often says to me.
Speaker 1: Be the parent, Lauren, be the parent, because.
Speaker 4: I find myself already like she'll say something to me and I'll mock her or go back at her because I forget.
Speaker 2: She's four. I know, and it's so bad.
Speaker 3: I know, but I think with Sophia, you are six months pregnant and she's four and a half almost five.
Speaker 2: She's been the light of your life. She has been everything.
Speaker 3: That's why she's so smart, because you've put so much into her, Like a lot of single children are like that.
Speaker 2: And now she's.
Speaker 3: Probably going, oh, there's a baby in mum's timing. I'm not going to be number one anymore. I'll be sharing number one with another one.
Speaker 1: Already punched my belly and said that's for the baby.
Speaker 2: Oh what, this is normal as well.
Speaker 3: Remember when she says things like that she's only four, you gotta remember that she's.
Speaker 2: Only been on earth four years.
Speaker 1: I forget.
Speaker 3: She doesn't realize the things that she says are actually hurtful. But when you say the hurtful things back to her, that's probably not Yeah, teacher, lesson.
Speaker 1: And slam the door and go, well, I can slam my door.
Speaker 2: Too, oh shore you Yeah? Yeah?
Speaker 1: About fourteen fourteen and boys fourteen?
Speaker 3: Boy, yeah, fourteen is really I'm finding really tricky. He.
Speaker 2: I have an eleven year old that I would say is the best age.
Speaker 3: He is just fun and still mum, look at me as he's doing like parkour and climbing things and putting a skateboard in the pool.
Speaker 2: But it's always Mum, look at me, or Mum, can you do this with me? Or look at this? Mom? Like he needs me and I love that.
Speaker 1: And he loves the reassurance you give him same love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, needs all the attention.
Speaker 3: And I will not take that for granted because when you get to fourteen, it is like a slow breakup with someone that you have loved, like your first love. And he it's like you're saying goodbye to the little version of them. And I don't know if you've seen the Instagram, it just pops up on my feet all the time of like this is what everyone else sees and it's them now, but this is what I see and it's them as a baby. And it's so true. Lauren, you've seen Austin. He is like six foot two. He looks like a man.
Speaker 1: He's only fourteen, and as he sounds like a man.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a man. And as he's walking down the hallway, I just see this little boy in his onesie, like learning.
Speaker 2: To walk and reaching out for my hat like he doesn't. They don't do that anymore.
Speaker 3: I think the hardest thing at fourteen for a boy is they You're not their world, not their world anymore.
Speaker 2: They have another world and that comes first.
Speaker 3: They want to be with their friends, and they want to be in their room.
Speaker 2: Physically and mentally.
Speaker 3: I feel like he is in another room and the three of us Alfie, my husband and I and our dog Peggy are in the other.
Speaker 2: Room and he's detaching, and it's.
Speaker 3: It hurts as a mum because it feels like you've always had this umbilical cord attached to this baby and they've always needed you, and then they don't.
Speaker 1: That's got a massive kick just then as you said that.
Speaker 2: A hi baby girl, a boy, hi baba hi.
Speaker 4: Oh oh you have it starts now, It starts now.
Speaker 1: That love starts now. Austin was in your belly. He's always going to come back to you. You're always going to.
Speaker 2: Be his do you know the most thing I've noticed is the silence.
Speaker 3: So you can you know, when you drive Sofia somewhere Alfie, they're talking the whole time, asking in billion questions, being inquisitive. And now you sit in a car with this man who is in his own head and he's just sitting there and it's the silence. And I know that I've spoken to other parents and that's a thing, like they just are in their own thing and it's because their brains are being rewired to rebuild.
Speaker 2: And to grow and learn and all this kind of stuff.
Speaker 3: And I love watching him grow and be, you know, the man that he's going to become.
Speaker 2: But I'm not integral in his life right now, and that hurts no.
Speaker 4: But you always are, You're integral. I think about it. You at fourteen for me, fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, those years I didn't want to be at home. I was just discovering like going out and being able to have that little bit of free which you've allowed Austin. You know, we used to work, We used to walk to KFC at Mitch and by ourselves.
Speaker 2: That's where he was yesterday. Is like the hangout.
Speaker 4: It's the hangout and you get to order whatever you want to order, and you're with your friends and you will.
Speaker 2: Know so normal.
Speaker 3: And I don't want to take that from him. But it still doesn't make it easier going. I have to let I have to let him, I have to let him go. It's really hard.
Speaker 1: Have you said it to him? Have you ever had this chat with him?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Because but I don't want him to feel like he has to come and talk to me because I've said it to him.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean? I don't want him to feel like pressured, like be that needy mum, like I need you.
Speaker 4: This This is the difference between skip parents and like.
Speaker 1: WOG parents or the guilt, the guilt. Italians love guilt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they throw it on you don't throw it.
Speaker 1: They bathe us in guilt.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So and it still happens.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh you haven't called me.
Speaker 2: Oh I don't want to be I don't want to be that.
Speaker 1: You didn't do that. Oh you didn't bother to Oh? Oh you haven't you going to.
Speaker 2: Break that cycle that the constant feeling of guilt is about.
Speaker 1: I'm already doing that disappear. Oh you didn't call me?
Speaker 2: I mean you do great passes and the zignias. But stop with a girl.
Speaker 4: My mom, I don't want to come up tonight, She goes, but I'll make you prawns.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I'm miss okay.
Speaker 2: I've got some tips though, of one thing that I do.
Speaker 3: I'd love for you to reach out and tell us what you do with your fourteen year old boys. But I this sounds very Victoria Beckham of me because I sit down with Austin and I pay him five dollars and he massages my feet for twenty minutes, but we talk.
Speaker 2: The whole time, or I talk the whole time. He just goes, yeah, it's good, Yeah, yeah, that was good.
Speaker 1: Why does he massage your feet?
Speaker 3: That's so fair because I love it, and he's he wants five dollars.
Speaker 2: But it also means we sit there for.
Speaker 3: Twenty minutes, my phone's not there, and we talk and I ask him every single question I've always wanted to ask him because I'm looking. When Sophia's home, you're with her all the time. When you have a fourteen year old, they just want to go to their room and you feel like you're in the way.
Speaker 2: So to actually have one on one people do it in the car or go for a walk, but I do it where I sit, and he just why not? It sounds weir.
Speaker 1: You buy his love with love?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bribe him. The best parenting is by bribing kids.
Speaker 1: To do more. Parenting tips head to Hailey Peers and today.
Speaker 2: Just bribe, That's all. But I would say that fourteen is the hardest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think I'm ready for that, because even at four you start to feel the little pullaways. I know it sounds silly, but you know one, two they're a nappy, They need you the food. The three Sophia, Now, if she's thirsty, she gets the water, she can get something from the pantry to eat. She wants to dress herself. She's very independent. She wants to wear high heels and a fence.
Speaker 2: She'll be moving out in a couple of years.
Speaker 3: Literally, she'll be going on to Kentucky when when she's fifteen.
Speaker 1: No, but that starts to hurt.
Speaker 4: So just those little things, so I can only comprehend what you're going through.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 4: It's more so don't want to be around because Sofia and I sit in the car the whole way, we listened to songs, we talk and the rainbow.
Speaker 3: Don't wish that time away when they're talking to you and they want you and they say, Mummy, look at this.
Speaker 2: Just try your hardest to be there because it in a blink of an eye, it all just goes away.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 4: We want to talk about oversharing because I've never been an oversharer until I met you.
Speaker 2: Bullshit, hy that is such a lie.
Speaker 3: You would have always overshared. I was our producer is nodding right now? Now you had this weird I was priven, proper. I'm so sorry, but you would never prim and proper.
Speaker 4: Do you know what before we started, Ada Lady, I worked at the Lakinmia Foundation with Millie and she once walked in and I like took out my chicken filets from my bra and threw them against a wall as her boss, Like, I was just coming in to talk about this report.
Speaker 2: I've come there, so shut up with you not overshared?
Speaker 1: Okay, Well you just made me worse.
Speaker 4: Notever, I've always made it overshare. But you and I we can never ever break up. I know you know everything about me, and if I ever die, you need to get to my phone first.
Speaker 3: I found the same Oh my god, I just so you know, I've deleted our group chats. You need to delete them constantly because if someone ever found that we would the person that's still living.
Speaker 2: Would go to jail. Okay, just to keep deleting.
Speaker 1: Don't go, all right, ladies, we go.
Speaker 2: I found out why we overshare.
Speaker 3: Why so we're both and this is a whole other episode, but we're both undiagnosed ADHD. I mean I was diagnosed by Christy Swan, my friend Christy or Christy did.
Speaker 2: I say Christy.
Speaker 3: My friend since I was twenty.
Speaker 1: You guys were besties.
Speaker 2: You called it scon We actually are. We wear their.
Speaker 1: Forrichicken sandwich the other day. I'm now claiming her as my best you too.
Speaker 3: Anyway, she yeah, she told me that I have ADHD, so we do. But it's a trait of ADHD. So when you have ADHD, you feel like you want to connect with someone immediately, and you feel to do that, you have to overshare and tell them your life story.
Speaker 1: And there's no silences. I hate silences.
Speaker 3: So to feel silences, we will continue to talk and just stay rubbish out of our mouth and then we get in the car afterwards and we go.
Speaker 2: I hate myself. I hate myself. I hate myself. Forty minutes right here, I just told you all my secrets that are really embarrassing.
Speaker 4: And anxiety wise. I peak, if I go out for breakfast with my girlfriends whatever, I sit in the car afterwards and I go, why would you say that?
Speaker 1: Why would you say that? That was too much?
Speaker 4: They're thinking now and talking about me and I shared too much about parenting. I shared too much about my love life, sex life, whatever.
Speaker 1: I get so stressed. But then a nice song comes on the radio and I might love this song, and then.
Speaker 2: Just turn it up and again, I'm like, you know it's ADHD.
Speaker 3: Can we just have a little baromedy here. So there's a small group of girls that I particularly overshare with, and you're one of them. Obviously we have We've said this on a previous podcast, but we have sent each other photos of.
Speaker 1: Pulling on the toilet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yep, yep, we've done that because we wanted to prove that we're both sick.
Speaker 1: I didn't want you to think I was bludging work.
Speaker 2: But I also didn't I wasn't grossed out by it.
Speaker 4: Really, we literally we know we've got our periods. We know when we're banging everything about each other.
Speaker 3: One of my other besties, she will send me photos of This is when I know that I love someone. She sent me a photo of just like blood splattered all over like tiles, and then she said she'd flung out her period. This is a lady unfiltered, by the way, so don't get angry at us because it is unfiltered, flung out her period, a period, flung out her tampon at work and all the blood just went. She in that moment, she thought, I need to take a photo of this and said this to Pearson because she's gonna love this.
Speaker 4: But I love that the grosser it is, I like to get a reaction from you, like I feel like I've made it. Yes, So then I'll send you that photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, whatever it is, I think it brings people together. I always feel so much better when I tell someone everything single thing about my life, and I want them to do the same to me.
Speaker 4: But also you and I we have been through grief, lots of grief in our life, no grief, and people, I think because of that, we have let our guards down a lot more and a lot of people come up to us and feel like they can share stuff with us, good, bad, ugly as well, so it's not just us over sharing. I've stood in the supermarket before cried with a random and then laugh like that that's what we do. But I feel like I love that though. If someone can trust you enough to tell you some deep, dark secret, then you must be doing something right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I really love that, you know what I mean. I don't want to just sit down and go, oh, Haley, how ch we can surface kids.
Speaker 3: I want to tell you that I have really bad period pain, but it feels like I'm constipated at the same time.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you all of that.
Speaker 4: I can actually sometimes feel my egg dropping as I get my period.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that, and you feel on one side one over it goes down.
Speaker 4: One over it. That's why I knew I was pregnant because it felt different last time I had my period.
Speaker 2: Yes, you feel it dropping.
Speaker 3: Okay, So if you are an overshare like us, and you kind of want to like not kind of like, because you know you know what that anxiety afterwards of oversharing to the wrong person and then going, oh, I wish I didn't say that.
Speaker 2: I hate myself. I hate myself. I say that too much. Yeah, I've actually looked up on chat gept. Let me just get my phone up.
Speaker 3: So Chad, as you call it, Chad about ways to stop oversharing. And also the reason as well, I think a lot of people overshare now is because social media.
Speaker 2: There's we're so used to seeing everything online.
Speaker 4: I sometimes people still like they'll have twenty stories up in a day of their general life, and I'm like, no, one, don't you care a fuck what you're eating to breakfast, the fact that you're going for a run.
Speaker 3: I don't care that you're at the gym. I don't care are sharing that with them?
Speaker 1: Unless you drop a weight on your toe, I don't want to see it.
Speaker 3: You know, if only we could reply to these people, but instead I don't care.
Speaker 2: Good job, babes.
Speaker 3: There's some great eggs double like okay, So here's how to stop you over sharing.
Speaker 2: We're going to think about this when we're in the moment.
Speaker 3: So there's Chad says, you install the three second pause, so you go, do I feel safe with this person?
Speaker 2: Will I regret this afterwards?
Speaker 3: So just give yourself three seconds, which in a conversation with someone with ADHD.
Speaker 1: Is a long three seconds is like three years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would have shared thirteen stories in those three seconds.
Speaker 1: I have not finished any of them.
Speaker 3: All, right, share in layers, so not the full Netflix series. You just go, like episode one, your meeting with them for the first time, just a little bit, just a light surface, and then you gauge where they're at.
Speaker 1: And the next that I go to shrek Ogurs.
Speaker 3: Have layers, onions have layers. Notice your triggers, so this is a good one. So if you're feeling nervous, that's probably why I overshare.
Speaker 2: If I'm a bit nervous, I just don't stop talking. Tired. If you've had too much time, I'm.
Speaker 4: Getting told to sit up because I've started to get really comfortable. Can you see all my tummies?
Speaker 2: Can you see you have one tummy?
Speaker 1: You see my seven chins? This a fluttering angle.
Speaker 3: But also one thing that we are guilty of is we need to swap the reveal for relate. So instead of going, here's my entire trauma story, you go, oh, I understand I've been through something similar, and you wait for them to ask you, rather than us jumping in and going.
Speaker 2: Oh, I have story of that. That's just what we do that's what we're doing.
Speaker 1: I thought that was relatable.
Speaker 2: No, I know, but wait, so can be also narcissistic.
Speaker 1: You and I are massive narcissists.
Speaker 2: I don't want to be.
Speaker 1: I don't think we can change.
Speaker 2: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: I don't want that.
Speaker 3: Please, if I do that to you, it's only because I'm trying to make you feel normal.
Speaker 1: And I think with you're not actually an I was just joking.
Speaker 3: I know this.
Speaker 2: When you go, you are you are?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What's the thing do you say? Triggering? Watch the trigger again?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about? The three things I've just spoken about it again? What's your trigger? Give it three seconds? Yes, and I've already forgotten the food.
Speaker 1: Wait for them to bring it up.
Speaker 3: Yes, And don't give them your full story straight away, like your whole trauma history, just a little bit.
Speaker 2: And if they ask questions, that's good.
Speaker 1: So you want us to do like a radio break where we just hook someone? Do you know what it is?
Speaker 2: I think?
Speaker 3: I think with our career, if I meet a new person, I want them to feel immediately that I'm just a normal person.
Speaker 2: That's not like because we're on the TV.
Speaker 3: I don't want people think we're up ourselves or I want them to think that I'm just gross?
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: Oh? They do.
Speaker 2: But I hope that and I hope that I get that when I meet people that they feel, oh.
Speaker 1: She's just normal. I know, I know what you mean.
Speaker 4: The biggest compliment anyone could ever say to us is you're just the same as you are on TV as you are in real life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then they often say, wow, the camera really does add turn bounds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really does.
Speaker 1: It really does you look way better in real life? I always get that better look younger.
Speaker 2: I think that I look foul on.
Speaker 4: Maybe we need the cameraman to buy that seventies pawn lens. You kind of just put a lens eline over the top of the lens.
Speaker 1: Can we buy that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Can we happen put that on the list? Thanks? Okay.
Speaker 1: So I'm sitting here on my couch right now, and I'm I've got my.
Speaker 4: Hand on my belly, and I know that you hate seeing people put their hands.
Speaker 1: On their bellies and rub their tummies.
Speaker 4: And I just realized I've been sitting here going, oh, she's kicking and I'm doing this, and that is.
Speaker 3: Your biggest pet no, no, no, no, no, yeah, okay, I I have not feeling and I'm not hicked by this at all.
Speaker 1: I've got a pillow in front of me to boss me.
Speaker 3: The thing I find iky is when people in like they're just like twelve weeks pregnant or five weeks pregnant, whatever, and they're standing posing for photos with a tummy that's not there. But in every photo they pose the same kind of like sad smile and like they're holding their fanny bone and under their ribs, like you have no tummy there.
Speaker 2: That's what irks me.
Speaker 1: You literally look like you just had a bowler past.
Speaker 2: No, you're holding like what would be a gunt holding my guns. Kick. That's so different. She's kicking.
Speaker 4: I think she's actually really getting used to your voice. Like I feel like she's going to come out and think your dad. So I'm trying to get Sofia and Burger to talk to her more.
Speaker 2: They can hear at this age, can't they.
Speaker 3: They. I feel like that's why Sofia and I have such a nice bond, because I've always been there when she was talking to you, like we were filming and you were, you know, seven eight nine, months pregnant.
Speaker 1: I know, do you know what?
Speaker 4: And I still remember that first like I remember I was seven weeks pregnant and only you knew out of anyone.
Speaker 1: And I remember we were in the.
Speaker 4: Limestone Coast walking into a cafe and I went, Hayley, this is the first time baby's going to be on TV. And it's actually such an exciting little time like I grew up. Like we started at a lady when Alfie, your little boy was eight weeks old.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it was the can I share one little thing that happened? When we're in Port Lincoln.
Speaker 3: So we go all over South Australia to film my TV show. Lauren would have been seven months pregnant.
Speaker 2: I reckon at the.
Speaker 1: Time, and I shouldn't have been filming.
Speaker 2: I was going out to l seven months. It's fine. It's like when people finished early on maternityly, mate, you've got so long.
Speaker 1: Mate, I'll finish at nine months. Don't worry.
Speaker 4: I'll have a few hanging out going. We'll just finish this podcast break and then I'll go to ashvillde.
Speaker 3: You'll finish at midday and you'll have the baby by four o'clock that afternoon. Okay, so we're staying at this place and we're about to go out and go with the Oysters and get oysters at the Oysters HQ. Yeah, And I was getting ready to film and you called me into the bathroom.
Speaker 2: He come here, and I'm like, oh my.
Speaker 3: Gosh, baby was at my dad because it was primal. It was like a full scream and I walked into the bathroom.
Speaker 1: Oh, I know, I know, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 4: I was on all fours, naked, all fours, like a horse that was about to give earth.
Speaker 3: And she was like, I don't know what's happening, but I think there's an s No, I need to get this out of me. Something's happening. And you couldn't go to the toilet.
Speaker 2: No, first time in your life. You've been constipated.
Speaker 1: But I thought I was going into labor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, then I just needed to shiit.
Speaker 3: What happened is I was trying to teach you about when there's like a brick there and you've got to like massage your peroneum area.
Speaker 2: To make it like come out of that hole.
Speaker 3: But then I went filming and I came back and you were fine because you were on the phone to your mom, and your mom did like an EXORCISTM with you and I love.
Speaker 1: My mom's hippie. She was like channeling this person and this person we're doing this. I'm like, Mom, it's coming. You know what you told me a story you were like, I was like twenty in Thailand with Jimmy and I had I had.
Speaker 2: Because she hadn't been to the toilet in nine days. Oh, I thought I was an overshriff. I probably wouldn't have shared that story. It's all right.
Speaker 4: I thought I was going into labor, and I in my head, I was like, we're in Port Lincoln, I'm gonna have to get airlifted.
Speaker 1: I'm going to have the baby and the Port Lincoln hospital.
Speaker 2: You'll do anything, You'll do any device to get that out of you. Yeah, so don't judge me.
Speaker 1: I've never been concentrated like that.
Speaker 2: There was a spoon, and it was a spoon.
Speaker 1: What did you eaten?
Speaker 2: What did you eat? What did you eaten? Too much? Lemongrass? All right, we have coming a lot today.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of oversharing, and please, just so you know, we know that it's unfiltered.
Speaker 2: You need to understand that this is not the ad Lady that you see on adel Lady. This is the real US.
Speaker 4: You see a polished version, slightly polished. I mean we could ever really be fully polished. Never, No, I mean hair and makeup could be better, yeah, every time. But that's what you see there.
Speaker 1: And this my mom's gonna call me when she listens to the going why would you talk about.
Speaker 2: The ex is that.
Speaker 3: My Mom's already said, how do I listen to a podcast on Spotify? And I'm like, I'm not even going to show you how.
Speaker 1: Nah, because you don't need to listen to parents don't need to know that shit. My dad will be like, why would you shave that?
Speaker 4: He does? Why?
Speaker 1: I love Wayne, I love my parents.
Speaker 2: Okay, anyway on that, We'll see you next week, See you next week.
Speaker 1: Love you guys, Love h