Speaker 1: Late General, welcome, late page.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for joining us.
Speaker 3: I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming.
Speaker 2: Up in the program.
Speaker 3: We've shown you plenty of dumb Joe Biden, but tonight we'll show you not only dumb Joe Biden, but just downright disturbing Joe Biden. That's coming up a little later. Plus, when we look at the papers, the government have promised to reduce overseas student numbers. The Australian newspaper tomorrow detailing just how many overseas students are here this year, up seventeen percent on last year. As well, the Career Mail's got a front page story detailing allegations of gender selection in fertility clinics. We'll get to all of that a little later, but I'm sure by now you know about the Singapore Airlines plane that dropped suddenly after hitting turbulence on a flight out of London. Tragically, one passenger died and dozens were injured after being flung out of their seats. But even before a pilot could say fasten your seat belts, climate catastrophists latched onto the incident, saying, see this is why we all need to eat insects because turbulence, you see, is caused by climate change. Check out some of these headlines from around the world. NBC News went with this climate change and turbulence experts way in after death on Singapore Airlines flight?
Speaker 2: Or what about this from the Guardian?
Speaker 3: What causes air turbulence and is the climate crisis making it worse? And of course our friends at the at the ABC went complete chicken little climate change is fueling turbulence on some of our most.
Speaker 2: Common flight paths.
Speaker 3: Now journalists quoted a study from the University of Reading in the UK that warns that a warming climate will affect the jet stream, which will cause more turbulence. But hilariously, they also acknowledged that the Singapore Airlines flight was thought to have been affected by turbulence not from a jet stream, but from a nearby storm. But don't worry, the ABC have got that covered as well, they wrote, and I quote. As well as increasingly intense jet streams, climate scientists have warned that storms are worsening as well. So if global warming doesn't get you, climate change will. The ABC predicted that turbulence over Australia will increase by fifty percent around twenty fifty or twenty eighty, whichever comes first. So the big problem for flyers is how is this going to affect us? Well, they interviewed Paul Williams from Reading University, and he assured travelers that planes are completely safe in turbulence. They're not going to fall apart, They'll be unaffected and hardly anyone ever gets injured from turbulence. But denominously he did say this, brace yourselves and thy quote the seat belt sign will be switched on more often.
Speaker 2: Why anymore?
Speaker 4: There was so much.
Speaker 5: Victim blaming around and there's the amount of people who were like, well, if they just had their seat belts on, none of this would have happened, Like there isn't always over the intercom every time there's the slightest bit of turbulence, that.
Speaker 6: Voice being like, ladies and gentlemen, please make sure you've.
Speaker 4: I was just like, this is victim blaming.
Speaker 5: These people have been traumatized by what sounds like not your garden variety type turbulence. Sadly, a life was lost, so we know it was pretty violent.
Speaker 4: And all they can say was like.
Speaker 5: Well, if people have had their seatbelts on, if only they have their seatbelts on. But this has got to be up there with one of the most silliest things that we are now taught to blame on climate change.
Speaker 4: It's like a heart disease.
Speaker 5: We've all seen those studies heart disease through the roof. Now, because climate change, your pets health as well, be very alarmed about that they are going to be affected by climate change, any kind of extreme weather event, because we did not have those prior. No, no, this is unprecedented, any extreme weather event, climate change, and on and on it goes. Meanwhile, we still haven't had one person able to prove that human emissions of carbon dioxide are driving climate change, is driving global warming. Literally nobody on planet Earth has been able to prove that.
Speaker 7: Yet I nearly had a heart attack myself when you use the word wasn't unprecedent?
Speaker 1: I forgot what the bloody word was.
Speaker 7: You've killed my joke, Well, I've killed my joke out anyway. Was there some word that was used during COVID And no, no, no, I haven't heard that word for ages. But your point about eating bugs right is not a stupid one because we know that airline food is bad enough as it is right. And look, sometimes you think twice about getting on a plane when you know what you're going to get served. If you know you're going to be served bugs on a plane, you'll be even less likely to get on a plane, which means you're far less likely to suffer any damage in turbulence caused by climate change. There is the argument for serving bugs on planes, though I suppose the alternative is that you might have been in the toilet baffing it up because it was that terrible, and then you would have hit the roof when the turbulence came along.
Speaker 1: But this, you know, they're talking.
Speaker 7: About this, like you know, climate change is going to cause all of a sudden, these major turbulence events like what we saw last night.
Speaker 1: Every second day.
Speaker 7: The last known or what they believe to be the last known case of someone being killed on a flight from turbulence apart from yesterday, was in nineteen ninety seven.
Speaker 1: That is how rare it is.
Speaker 7: And all of a sudden, you know, oh, look there was turbulence in the air, which would none of us have ever experienced before. And now we've got to say, yes, climate change, we've got to do something about it because it's the first time in what twenty six years that someone has died in the air as a result or connected to turbulence. At least anyway, they will stop it. Nothing to come up with alarmism and.
Speaker 1: Anything to attach it to.
Speaker 7: I mean, you know, even walking down the shops, they'll say soon because I don't know your your shoes have got rubber in them or something, even that's contributing to climate changing.
Speaker 5: They haven't blamed inflation on climate you know, just giving it a go.
Speaker 4: Somehow I thought up.
Speaker 6: An angle where they're like, well, look, you know.
Speaker 4: What would the climate change crisis?
Speaker 3: The US Transportation Safety Board says that since two thousand and nine, so what's at fifteen, In the last fifteen years, there's only been one hundred and eighty five serious injuries from turbulence, and out of those one hundred and eighty five, one hundred and twenty nine were flight crew, which means they were typically walking down AI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, sin.
Speaker 3: The funniest thing about the reporting on this to me was seeing end did this dramatic story. You know, climate change is going to make turbulence worse, It's going to make flying dangerous, and I'm reading this article, and then at the bottom it says this article has been reproduced from twenty twenty two.
Speaker 2: So they just pull.
Speaker 3: Out this article any time a flight was affected by turbulence, they just rehash the.
Speaker 7: Same urgentitating Well, at least planes we know go reasonably fast. And I don't know about you, but quite often I find myself on the road and Liz can a test because part of her root home every night is the same as mine that I am a bit of a lead foot. I take off, I take off from the lights a bit faster than you. I think you were to test though I've never had a speeding find you've just got to know where to do it. But a lot of other people on the road frustrate the living hell out of me because they can't even stick to the speed limit. They go well below it everywhere they go for some reason. Sydney drivers I've found to be worse than pretty much anywhere else in the country.
Speaker 1: But one place that I had real trouble with was.
Speaker 7: When I lived in Melbourne, going through the Burnley Tunnel. Now the Burnley Tunnel, if you've ever been through it, or if you haven't been through it, I'll.
Speaker 1: Explain it for you. It's toll road, but you go in under the river.
Speaker 7: And it starts on a decline and then become quite a steep incline. So what happens is people drive down it. Then they get to the incline and they don't put their foot down, so they go in at eighty it's an eighty kilometer road and they come out the other side at sixty. So Transurban, who runs the road, came up with the ingenious idea of putting lights on the side of the road and you can see this in the tunnel there, and the idea is those lights move at the pace at which you should be moving.
Speaker 1: Now, we talked about.
Speaker 7: This when they originally did it and said, oh, you know, is this really going to work. It turns out it has actually worked. Transurban has crunched the numbers and during peak hour people are traveling seventeen percent faster than they were before thanks to this light. Now, apparently it's some magical psychological trick where we are pre programmed to sort of go into a fight or flight mode when we see things in our peripheral vision, and we end up basically chasing this light in order to it.
Speaker 1: Away from it.
Speaker 7: I can't believe that it took some boffins in an office somewhere to actually come up with something that will make people drive faster stick to the speed limit.
Speaker 1: Hallelujah.
Speaker 7: And by the way, this is the stat I love the most. We always get told you you've got to reduce the speed limit in order to reduce crashes.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 7: They found since they introduced this light, and the average speed people have been traveling in the tunnel has gone up. Crashes resulting in someone being put in an ambulance have gone down by four percent. You're telling me that people are driving faster and they crash less unbelievable.
Speaker 3: The other great stat from this is that traffic has increased by two point two percent, and yet cars are getting through that tunnel fIF fast seconds faster. The other thing I liked about this is there it's been such a success.
Speaker 2: They're going to experiment with different.
Speaker 3: Colors and different shapes of lights, but I think they should go further. Why not play in the tunnel like the Jaws theme that would make you drive faster? Dark come or the sound of gunfire, or what about this? What if they projected an image of the safety commissioner into your rib and then you'll just the.
Speaker 4: Tunnel yarning through.
Speaker 5: So these pacer lights cost thirteen million dollars.
Speaker 1: I reckon they're worth every sink.
Speaker 7: If they actually make people go faster, they are dead set worth every damn scint So.
Speaker 5: You think Sydney should get them in all out tunnel, I'd.
Speaker 7: Put them everywhere if they work. If they work, and it's been proven that they work quite well, I'd put them everywhere. There's no argument against it. I mean, you know, sometimes you think, oh Jesus, Nana in front of me, and often it turns out it's not Nana in front of you, some woman doing her lipstick.
Speaker 4: Oh I always a woman, some bloke munch.
Speaker 7: In a way on a hamburger or something. But you know, if it works in Melbourne, it should be rolled out across the country. Or you find people for going below the speed limit, there should actually we should be pulled over by the police and put in the cells for a night. If you can't stick to the speed limit, if you can't drive the speed limit, get off the damn rod.
Speaker 2: They need to put these lights.
Speaker 3: You know, when you're merging onto a freeway and the freeways a one hundred cases.
Speaker 5: There's always dreaming the dream now Na, we're talking merging. That's large and complex for anywhere in Australia. I've yet to find a state that is good at merging. But stuff like this makes me wonder how many other psychological tricks they're playing on us. I mean, we know about the ones in casinos and stuff, so where they make sure that nobody can see the light of day so they lose track of time, and all these little tips and tricks of keeping you at your machine and these things. And now this one we're told is tapping into our primal instincts of like trying to get away from something or keep up with something when it's in.
Speaker 4: Our peripheral vision.
Speaker 3: Shopping centers, we're playing classical music to get rid of young people who were loitering around the shops.
Speaker 2: Would telling my.
Speaker 7: Dad if they played more classical music at shops, amaze, I would have lived there.
Speaker 4: If you can pull up.
Speaker 5: A chest field, putting your feet up and start pouring a whiskey.
Speaker 3: I was telling my dad about this story, and he was telling me years ago. At Austin Hospital in Melbourne, there's a flight of stairs and people would congregate as are walking up and down, they'd see someone, they'd stop and they talk, and it would cause congestion. So the hospital painted the walls yellow and it immediately fixed the entire problem. No one would stop and talk. So these psychological tricks do work.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well there you go, speaking of psychological tricks, someone make this make sense.
Speaker 4: Let's go to the States now, where.
Speaker 5: The FBI has been busted yet again. So we're talking about this ray that they did on marri Lago because.
Speaker 4: Trump had kinds of five documents.
Speaker 5: So in August of twenty twenty two, they kicked down his door. Last week or the week before, we were talking about this photo of the documents that they'd seized.
Speaker 6: This photo was sensationally leaked to.
Speaker 5: The press, and just weeks later we found out this is a totally doctored photo.
Speaker 4: They just got kind of created this photo op photo for themselves.
Speaker 5: Attach these front pages that says classified to make it look.
Speaker 4: Like, oh yeah, look at the stash.
Speaker 5: Just as well we rated this guy's place, he's got all this classified stuff. Well, today we learn that the FBI, when they did this raid, were authorized to use deadly force. Now, of course, deadly force means that I don't know. Potentially, if you need to kill someone to do what you're going to do on the premises of Mary Lago, you have the long arm of the state protecting you and saying, yes, that is necessary, if it is necessary to get these documents.
Speaker 4: So this circus is just raging on. The FBI initially said.
Speaker 5: On oh, no, these documents, the photos that we took, that was them in the condition that we found them.
Speaker 6: That's come out as a lie.
Speaker 5: And now we find out they were telling their guys, hey, if you have to use deadly force, just do what you gotta do. I guess they were hoping that Trump might come out screaming, brandishing some sort of weapons, so then they could use said deadly force. But at the times like these, I always want to remind absolutely everyone that the FBI never rated Clinton. They knew that she was using a private email server to send and receive hundreds of emails, so they did a bit of an investigation into it. And here's James Comey, FBI director, seven years ago, explaining what the FBI had found on Hillary Clinton's email server and what they intended to do about it.
Speaker 8: From the group of thirty thousand emails returned to the State Department in twenty fourteen. One hundred and ten emails in fifty two email chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent. We are expressing to justice our view that no charges are appropriate in this case.
Speaker 4: No charges, just free pass. Jogon, lady, She'll be right.
Speaker 5: Classified documents all over the shop, then on a private email server that no one was ever supposed to find out about. But hey, you get a free pass, as.
Speaker 4: Did Biden earlier this year.
Speaker 6: Remember this headline He was.
Speaker 4: Found with classified documents at his Delaware home.
Speaker 6: They were in his garage, they were in his offices.
Speaker 5: They were in the basement den of said home. And they said, no, we're not going to press charges because a jury will just think he's an old man with a poor memory. So classified documents at Biden's home, classified documents, hundreds of them, sent and received by a private email server. But her name's Hillary Clinton. She gets a pre pass. We found some at Mara Lago, did a downdoor raid to find these ones, and well we're still talking about it years later and pressing charges.
Speaker 3: Joke can admission that officers were authorized to use deadly force. It's an astonishing admission. It's almost like they were hoping Trump would resist because that would just give them the opportunity. Which makes me wonder did Biden really get eighty one million votes, because if he's that popular, how on earth is Trump such a concern or a worry for them? Doesn't all the effort they're putting into Trump prove the fact that Trump is not stupid, Trump is not an outlier. Trump is a massive threat.
Speaker 4: Trump would have won last time.
Speaker 7: It's obvious why they keep pursuing him, because you know, they want to try and get him by any means possible, and if that means bringing in the judiciary using the legal system, they will take any avenue open to them. The only trouble with that is, though, that even if he gets banged up for some trumped up offense re elected, he can then go and pardon himself and let himself out of jail, and he can still run the show from jail if the time comes to it.
Speaker 1: But I mean, you know, what were they going to do?
Speaker 7: Rock up and go excuse me, mister Trump, and give us the documents or pop a cap in you like, seriously, they were walking into the place to go through the rooms to look for documents.
Speaker 1: What did they expect was going to happen?
Speaker 7: A man who wants to be elected president again is not going to physically impede them or send his goons down to physically impede the FBI, because it would get him in serious trouble and he would potentially face an actual court case that may actually be damaging, unlike all the nonsense that they've been trying to foist upon him, as if he was ever going to do anything that would require lethal force. And not only that, they were instructed to hide their law enforcement equipment as though they were walking in there looking like they weren't armed, and they didn't have handcuffs, and they were told to bring medium and large sized bolt cutters. Well, what if you need smort bolt cutters? I don't know, But to hide all of this stuff so no one knew it was there.
Speaker 1: It's the FBI rocket up for a raid.
Speaker 4: I don't think that's a.
Speaker 3: Point hiding your gear as well as bolt cups and handcuffs, they were told to take quote unquotem o. So the comparison is crazy they go to Trump's place to seize documents, take MMO. They go to Biden's place to help him find the documents because.
Speaker 4: He's a war memory. You know, it's fine, and there.
Speaker 5: In the garage, show should we have a look there where where none of them are supposed to be at his home, And at least in Trump's case, they just found it in like a storage area in his home. So they raided into all his bedrooms, you know, their teenage sons, Millenia's room as well the kitchen, thinking what have these people hidden all over the joint? And they just found it in like the storage room, whereas in in Biden's case, they did find some in the garage, some in the basement.
Speaker 6: Den, some in the several officers in his home.
Speaker 4: He'd really spread him out.
Speaker 1: I think they're in the garage next to the mustang.
Speaker 7: It was so funny when they said we couldn't possibly prosecute because the jury wouldn't convict because they'd say he was a dotttery old man, which was the greatest admission of all time that he is actually a dotttery old man. He was okay to be the president, of course, and that's why they're working over time not only to denigrate Trump in every way possible, but to try and protect Biden in every way possible, especially of course his mates in the media. Now, you know, you may be aware of a show in the US called The View. I don't recommend you watch it, but we'll bring you a short clip anyway. Joy Bihar, who he herself is eighty one years old, is a host on the View, and they were talking to Bill Maher recently, who you might know as a comedian and of latter times a liberal TV host.
Speaker 1: In the US.
Speaker 7: But he has been moving, you might not say, more to the right. I think perhaps the left has moved away from him. He's an old school Lefty that he got into to an argument with Joy Behar about whether or not you ought to be protecting Joe Biden. Listen to what Joy says, and it exposes exactly what the lefty media in the US is trying to do, which is cover everything up so they don't send anyone to truck. But I'm nervous about saying anything against Biden because I feel, you know, not that.
Speaker 1: I have so much power and you have some than I do, obviously.
Speaker 4: But are you afraid that you might, you know, influence of the people who are on the fence.
Speaker 2: I think you lose all credibility I do.
Speaker 5: My bond with my audience has always been I don't pull a punch. Now, my bond with my orience is You're not going to like everything I say.
Speaker 8: But you know, I'm saying what I really think is true.
Speaker 7: So what she's saying is, we know that Joe Biden is a dottery old man. He may as well be a character in the Muppets with Jim Henson's hand up him telling him what to do. But you know, we just won't criticize him in case people realize exactly how bad it is.
Speaker 1: We want the guy anyway, I mean, how desperate can you be?
Speaker 3: The funniest part about that is that she felt completely free to make that invention.
Speaker 2: On live television, anything like, isn't it obvious? You would understand, wouldn't you? We want Biden to win.
Speaker 5: And literally admitting that that is why she won't even acknowledge that which is patently obvious and which the stats very clearly bear out.
Speaker 6: In America, the vast majority of.
Speaker 5: Americans now know that he is not up to a second term due to his lack of mental acuity. And yet here's someone who hundreds of thousands would watch on a weekly basis admitting. But the reason why I still can't say anything bad about him or talk about something that's as plain as the nose on the guy's face is because, well, still better than Trump, right, No, you've got someone who's barely sentient, barely like this guy's holding on for dear life, any shred of.
Speaker 4: Sense that comes out of him.
Speaker 5: We're like, well, the pharmaceutical stimulants kicking in today, and someone who actually has his wits about him, whether you agree with.
Speaker 4: What he has to say or not.
Speaker 5: And certainly even the likes of that woman must miss. Peace in the Middle East, peace in the world. Actually, while Trump was in the White House and far more prosperous times on every single scalable metric in the United States of America, we.
Speaker 2: Should point out.
Speaker 3: Just going back on the classified documents thing, I think the reason why Joe Biden didn't get in trouble for having classified documents in his garage was he convinced the FBI that they were safe because his son Hunter was looking after.
Speaker 2: They were perfectly fine.
Speaker 3: Well, if you think American politics is a soap opera, well, it's got nothing on the Royal family. In fact, I think that's why people don't watch so operas on television anymore, because he really can't go past Prince Harry and Meghan for drama. The latest episode involves Prince Harry's trip back to the UK for the Invictus Games, and he made a big deal of the fact that his father didn't have time to see him, so he had a typical sook as Harry does. But the truth that now has come out that the King offered for his son to stay at Saint James Palace, which is right across from where Charles himself stays, so they would have had a chance to catch up, but Prince Harry knocked it back because he said there wasn't enough security for him and people would see him coming and going, so he would prefer to stay in a hotel where he could have his privacy. Of course, the hotel meant he was far away from his father, who was busy. They didn't get a chance to catch up, but Harry made it all about the fact that Dad didn't want to see him, when in fact Dad had offered him stay at the royal residence, we can catch up. This is just another example of Harry burning every bridge.
Speaker 7: But it doesn't even make sense because if he was in a royal residence, sure they would have known he was there. But it's got security on every single gate. Now again, they know when he's coming and going, but no one can possibly get anywhere near him, Whereas when he's in a hotel, unless he's hired out the entire hotel, it is possible that someone encounters him, someone sees him coming in and out.
Speaker 1: I don't buy this argument that it's I'll have my anonymity.
Speaker 7: When I stay other people stay in hotels.
Speaker 1: You dunce. But it's just the typical Harry.
Speaker 7: Meghan playbook, which is victim, victim, victim, victim, victim.
Speaker 1: I have not done anything wrong.
Speaker 7: And of course he is so upset by the fact that he doesn't have an official residence in the UK anymore, and he doesn't have the official security detail that comes with being a named member of the royal family. So him saying I'm going to go and stay in a hotel is as much a snub to his father saying, look, oh, thanks for your offer, buddy.
Speaker 1: But I don't need it.
Speaker 7: I'll look after myself, as is the fact he wouldn't meet him at all, and then tries to blame his father for not meeting him, even though it has been said that the king had actually tried to make room in his schedule specifically to see his son. I mean, what a wastrel son this guy is.
Speaker 3: Apparently Harry was quite confident he would not be recognized in the hotel provided he wasn't sniveling, and as long as he wasn't sniveling, no one would recognize him, So that was his plan.
Speaker 2: I think this.
Speaker 4: I'll literally have nothing to add. I can't stand talking.
Speaker 5: I just think everything about their lives ie soap drama incredibly uninteresting, and yet people find it really interesting.
Speaker 4: So sorry, if you're one of them. I don't mean to insult you.
Speaker 5: Let's move on to us matters of Australian importance. Now, not saying how monarchy isn't but hey, there's a bearing on this story. So former olympian was she medalist?
Speaker 1: Yes, Olympic chair. Wasn't she Olympic chair?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, before my time, but Olympic medalist Nova Paris and former Labor senator of course, has parted ways being the code chair of the Republican Movement. She used to share this with His name is Craig Foster, but now no more because she doesn't agree with moves Foster has been making in favor of Gaza. He said some pretty inflammatory things here. He was talking to Danika di Giorgio on May seventeenth about his stance.
Speaker 9: When it comes to human rights. Every single country, including US, has human rights abuses. So what sport has to ask is what is the threshold below which a country has to be banned? And so in my view, at the very least, and there's no objective. You know, sport is all over the place because it's very political, right, just makes it own decisions politic. So the question for all of us is what is the basic prepas at which you say, okay, now sport must ban that, And in my view it is the two most egregious crimes against humanity, which is genocide and is a part time.
Speaker 5: So he's saying sport is inherently political, something that I'm sure most of us disagree with, and which sport would just keep politics out of it.
Speaker 4: He's talking about.
Speaker 5: fIF of course, and the fact that no, of course they should get involved.
Speaker 4: So here's Novi Paris's response. Our positions.
Speaker 10: We need to hold the utmost truth, you know, if we are to united this country, to have gone to a referendum to for us to become a republican. And you know, I was quite disappointed with his with his commentary, and you know that his reference to maslaua of innocent Palestinians. You know, we should be upholding truth, and we should be upholding objective dialogue rather than smear tactics in inaccurate language around genocide and apartheid.
Speaker 2: I love the Republican movement.
Speaker 10: I would always support them, and I'll continue to support them, but I just had to make draw a line in the sand and remove myself from you know, Craig also being applauded by NASA machine who's congratulating Craig along.
Speaker 4: The way and the other.
Speaker 5: In my humble opinion, this is so immature, like you're heading up a republican movement that has nothing to do with what Craig has come out and said, nothing to do with that issue. There's no relation there whatsoever. In my mind, this is just like me spitting the dummy and quitting my job because I disagree with you violently on an issue that I hold in great importance about something that say, you're an I kleb really disagree on, but has nothing to do with the role that we share or the cause that we're backing in terms of the Republican movement.
Speaker 7: But if you felt that my values compromised your values, then you might make the decision that it is damaging to you in order to be on air with me. And that's clearly the decision Nova has made is that she cannot sit on a board with Craig Foster because his values on the issue of the war in Israel and Gaza, which she has been very vocal about of recent times, do not sit with hers, and that compromises her value structure.
Speaker 5: I don't compromise her value structure. Her value structure is.
Speaker 4: Still completely intact. This is cancel culture. This is deplatforming someone. This is saying.
Speaker 5: It is saying I will not or cannot because I lack the basic maturity to associate with someone who I passionately disagree with on any given topic.
Speaker 3: I think that's unfair because there's more to it than there's a conflict of values. Craig Foster's comments have politicized the Australian Republican movement in the sense I know it's political, but he's now got.
Speaker 6: None of that.
Speaker 3: Nobody should have stayed in his lane. He's the co chair of the Republican movement. He should have stayed in his lane and kept well away from what is a very divisive issue. Which brings me to the second thing that I think no Viperis's right to be upset about the Republicans right to be upset.
Speaker 4: I'm to literally quit.
Speaker 3: A pose because he is meant to be uniting the country. He's now dividing the country.
Speaker 6: And third, he's not meant to be uniting the country.
Speaker 5: He's heading up a Republican movement which I'm.
Speaker 3: Supposed to be the country around let's have an Australian as the head of state.
Speaker 2: And third he's aligned himself.
Speaker 6: He already have at Australian as ahead of state.
Speaker 2: But okay, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And he's aligning himself as the co chair of the movement with anti Western forces. He's getting praised by pro Palestinian groups. But just to add something else to this whole argument, just before we came on air. The Sydney Morning Herald has reported Craig Foster has now or down from the Republican Movement, three months before his position was to be renewed.
Speaker 2: The reason given was that he's too busy for the role.
Speaker 3: But I rather wonder whether he has now realized his possession on the song tenable because it's become so divisive, which I think is what Noviperis was trying to point out.
Speaker 6: But I still just consider that really immature.
Speaker 5: You don't quit a post that you've taken up in order to support a cause that you passionately.
Speaker 2: Believe, compromise the organization.
Speaker 5: Not necessarily. I'm sure there's several people who would have backed We've got people in our government.
Speaker 4: Who agree with every word that he's said.
Speaker 5: We've got thousands of people in this country, unfortunately, who also share his views.
Speaker 4: So is it.
Speaker 5: Divisive, yes, But it's just as divisive to take either side in this fight nowadays. All I'm saying is it's completely unrelated. So it is like me fitting the dummy because I don't like Caleb's views on something, and therefore I'm refusing to be a part of an organization that he and I head up together, which has absolutely nothing to do right with the views that he has aired.
Speaker 2: Let's take it one step further.
Speaker 3: Consider fake Foster's response to Novperis standing down. He said, for reasons that are her own, she has decided that Australians should not be talking about the devastating human rights impacts of the conflict in Gaza. That's a little passive, aggressive and a massive misrepresentation of her position.
Speaker 2: She hasn't said we shouldn't talk about it.
Speaker 3: She's just said, Israel not committing genocide or apartheid as you have claimed. And then he says, be kind to her, we can all change our views and evolve in our understanding. If that's his response, it makes you just you just wonder what else has been going on behind the sea.
Speaker 7: The relations just chosen not to associate with him anymore, which is well within her rights. And given as you said that he has now decided to step down as the head of the R or the co chair of the RM, you wonder whether he was tapped on the shoulder by others as well, Because of course, what you say outside of your that organization or any other organization, does have a bearing on your position.
Speaker 1: There I mean, you know, I am here as an employee of sky News.
Speaker 7: Now, if I go somewhere else, on another media outlet, or on X or somewhere else, and I say something that is in in injury and sky News doesn't like it, they're within their rights to sack me because what I have said in another sphere does reflect on the other organization I work for. So what no viperis was saying was it has reflected on the arm of which I am a co chair and I can't be a party to that.
Speaker 5: Why won't she say that she wasn't saying it reflects on the arm She is saying. I do not want to be working with this guy because of things he said that I disagree with. And I'm sorry, sure, but that's under mentally immature. I can work with anyone that I fundamentally disagree with on any topic you name it, if I'm doing so to back a cause that I believe in, and at least on that we're on a unity ticket. I mean Senator Hanson Young and Pauline Hanson have co signed.
Speaker 4: Certain bills they have they don't agree.
Speaker 5: With anything, and I'm sure they don't like each other very personally.
Speaker 4: Much at all all, but on the issues that they can agree on, they work together.
Speaker 5: That's what you do, That's what mature human beings do in a work setting.
Speaker 7: I do have to put you up on one small matter of fact. Though we do not have an Australian.
Speaker 1: Head of state.
Speaker 7: The King is the head of state, his representative. The Governor General is not actually the head of state. They are the representative of the head of state. But as far as I'm concerned, that is exactly the way it should stay. And while we're on topics of madness going on in the world, can you believe the Department of Agriculture the workers over there are apparently doing so badly that they need to take breaks to go and play lego. Yes, people were given a tour of the Department of Agriculture building in Canberra recently and were surprised to see big jigsaw puzzles and lego sets strewn all over a room which apparently is a place for them to go when they are quote feeling stressed or need time out. Now, it must be so difficult to be a public servant these days. I thought on the lego theme that working in the Department of agriculture would be something a bit more like this.
Speaker 10: Everything is.
Speaker 5: Everything is going everything.
Speaker 7: I mean, come on, you know this is like because you see the vision of people working at Google, and you know they hang around in these little weird pods and they get all free stuff all day. I mean, this is like if you bought Google off some dodgy online website, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I'll come and work in the public service and you'll get Lego.
Speaker 3: It shows you the massive disconnect between Canberra and people who are actually doing real work. Our farmers are battling drought and floods, trying to work out how they're going to survive with the live sheep export ban. They're trying to fend off power companies wanting to repossess property for renewable projects. Meanwhile the Agricultural Department they're playing with Plato and finger painting and Lego.
Speaker 2: But I would tell you this.
Speaker 3: Oxford Economics just yesterday they went through a thousand cities and they ranked Canberra the second highest quality of life in the world.
Speaker 2: And now we know why because at work you get to play with Lego and do stuff like that.
Speaker 4: Can you imagine grow men, Like, let's go to the Lego room. Let's have a break. I'm feeling a bit stressed. Let's go play with some kids toys.
Speaker 5: But just before we go to an ad break, do you have to correct Caleb Bob's correction of me?
Speaker 4: Because if you go to the role.
Speaker 6: Of the Governor General on the Governor General of the Commonwealth.
Speaker 5: Of Australia's on website, it does say the Governor General of Australia is his majesty the King's representative. In practice, they are Australia's head of STA and have a range of constitutional and ceremonial duties.
Speaker 4: Google it.
Speaker 5: They are referred to Australia's Head of stay prad nausea.
Speaker 1: Because the head of state is the King and the King gives the powers to the Governor inory.
Speaker 4: You hit it, stay correct, humble, I have not been the king.
Speaker 2: Right. Here's what we're going to do.
Speaker 3: While everyone at home goes and gets a cup of coffee, we're going to take a break. Lease two will argue it out. We'll come back with a result after the commercial break back in a second with the papers welcome back. Debate is still raging here over who is the head of Australia. But we're reliably informed by public servants in Canberra. It's a lego figure. You got the front page of Tomorrow's Australia and.
Speaker 1: He couldn't do a worse job, could he. Let's go to the Australian, shall we?
Speaker 7: One hundred thousand Chinese enrollments fuel go eight international student boom guwaight of course been a group of eight. Overseas Enrollments at Australia's universities have surged above pre COVID numbers and are up seventeen percent from last year, fueled by one hundred thousand Chinese students who are almost exclusively becoming.
Speaker 1: The domain of the Group of eight.
Speaker 7: Now, of course, the government has promised to crack down on overseas students.
Speaker 1: We're going to have fewer of them.
Speaker 7: Of course, the university sector doesn't like that very much because they very much enjoy the.
Speaker 1: Money that comes in.
Speaker 7: It's all good and well to have our universities pumping out all these Chinese students who come and pay full tote odds, and that's why they want them, because they get the money up front. But the number one goal of our uni universities ought to be to train Australians to fill Australian jobs, and we end up in this constant cycle of, oh, we have a skills shortage, We've got to import all these people from overseas to fill these skills. We have people in this country, we just don't train them properly. Instead we import all the people to train them and then we send them back to China.
Speaker 3: And there's something wrong with the business model of our universities. When at the University of Sydney forty seven percent of students are foreigners, the University of Melbourne it's forty two percent, the University of Queensland's thirty eight percent, and they rely on these students to pay the bills. Well, if you need that many people from overseas to make your institution work, I would suggest your business models broken.
Speaker 5: Oh I was at you said the year before last you used to be able to place.
Speaker 1: For the white person like it.
Speaker 4: Was just like, wait, damn, I still in Australia.
Speaker 5: But this is, as you've just highlighted an issue across the board, especially in the best university. It is because of course, they don't come from overseas to go to the not so good ones. They want the best, which means our guys miss out.
Speaker 4: And I can't be the only person who knows.
Speaker 5: Several people who've been trying to get into certain specialties and keep getting knocked back in favor of those who are patting the university's pockets. And it makes my blood boil, Like these people have studied so hard, they've tried to do entrance exams year in year out for five years in a row, some of them, and they are still being refused entry despite getting top marks because the universities are favoring those who are paying up front.
Speaker 4: It's just disgusting.
Speaker 5: And like you say, Kaylin, we've got these skills shortages. The solutions are staring our government in the face. They've been using the excuse of skills shortages to up the migration count for decades now, and what are we we have?
Speaker 4: We still have fill shortages.
Speaker 5: So instead of doing smart things like say, making nursing degrees as close to free as you possibly can, how about something that smart, because that's something that we're always going to.
Speaker 6: Need, never have enough of, and also constantly.
Speaker 5: Need to import people to work in age care, people to work in our hospitals, etc.
Speaker 7: And so on.
Speaker 5: No, you can't look at a policy that's simple.
Speaker 4: You can't look at.
Speaker 5: Getting rid of degrees in gender studies and all the useless arts degrees that these kids rack up a hex stet that the government couldn't care less about.
Speaker 4: Obviously graduate and.
Speaker 5: Are utterly useless to society.
Speaker 4: They're not contributing members.
Speaker 5: They have absolutely nothing to offer the wider community.
Speaker 4: They can turf a lot.
Speaker 5: Of degrees, particularly arts degrees tomorrow, and we as a nation would not miss it. We wouldn't be missing out on a jolly thing. So many things that they can do, and they just don't.
Speaker 2: They don't.
Speaker 5: They just watch its sewer away year in, year out, and our unis are so money hungry. Meanwhile, it's our taxpayer dollar propping up these unis so that they can turf our ossie.
Speaker 4: Kids in favor of these guys. Does your head in Well, they don't.
Speaker 1: Call a Bachelor of Art to be a bugger all degree for nothing, do they now? The story on the front of the.
Speaker 7: Odds Tomorrow detainee attacked emergency worker. Geez, we keep hearing these stories, don't we Released Immigration detainee was involved in an alleged crime spree in Melbourne's in a North and West that prompted sixteen charges, including assaulting an emergency worker and multiple failures to adhere to a bridging visa and electronic monitoring. Now, every time one of these cases comes up, I have to ask the question again. Remember when we were told, oh, we're rushing this legislation through so we can redetain detainees who alleged to have committed offenses or ones that we believe are of high danger to the community.
Speaker 1: How many of those people?
Speaker 7: How many detainees have been locked up through those laws?
Speaker 1: Yet zero, big fat zero.
Speaker 7: The only ones who've been locked back up are those who have been charged with further offenses since they've been let out. How have we not done anything to stem the flow of alleged crimes.
Speaker 2: From these people.
Speaker 3: I used to think that surely Andrew Giles cannot survive this scandal, but now I'm convinced it wouldn't matter what happens. He will never lose his job because if he was ever going to be held responsible for this fiasco would have happened long ago.
Speaker 2: And the other thing that this story.
Speaker 3: Reminds me of is all these promises we hear from Claire O'Neill and from Andrew Giles, public safety as top of mind. It's our number one priority, and yet the thing just keeps going with innocent citizens being allegedly attacked and assaulted, and the government just seemed to let it happen. Let's go to the front page of the CANS mental Health Workers break silence over a highly dangerous workplace crisis point reads the headline, burned out CANS mental health workers are operating in a highly dangerous hospital unit where patients use and sell drugs, carry weapons, and staff fear being physically assaulted. Whistleblowers say CANS and Hinterland Hospital and Health Services top bosses have declared zero tolerance on workplace violence. It's another one of those conundrums where bureaucracy is saying one thing and the experience of people in that place is completely different. It does raise the question, though, excuse me, since the stabbings in Bondai, we had the barest discussion about mental health and how it's treated in this issue, and then that has sort of all gone away and now it's all the knife's fault.
Speaker 2: We've just got to stop knives.
Speaker 3: But I do think we need to come back and have a discussion about what are we doing about mental health? Because if you walk through the capital city in any of our major states right now, there's homeless and clearly mentally affected people wandering around all over the streets, and we seem to be hopelessly equipped to deal with it.
Speaker 2: And this is just another example.
Speaker 5: And this is the same in America when they have school shootings and their own own tragedies over there, it is always always at the hands of someone who is mentally un well. It's not the gun's fault, it's they who are wielding it. Same in this case. Now we've bought in these oh you know, police can scan for knives. Now those powers wouldn't have made a scrap of difference in any of the stabbings that we've seen, neither the Bondi stabbing nor the several now it seems almost a new one every day since then.
Speaker 4: But they want to be seen to be doing something.
Speaker 5: It is much easier to introduce a useless policy like that than it is to go what is going on with the mental health crisis in this country. They're completely ill equipped to deal with it. They don't even want to talk about it, and that's just the beginning. If you're going to have a conversation, let's have it now. Let's get it sorted out. It's the same with the DV crisis. Many people involved in that they need help themselves in terms of mental health. It's just a massive issue and we're not seeing anything done about it. Even the basic question of where did this come from? Okay, because it wasn't always this bad, to the front page of the Courier Mail Now IVF child gender shopping.
Speaker 4: Revealed designer baby ban. You mean you've only just thought of this.
Speaker 5: Shocking allegations of gender selection within the state's embattled fertility industry are being investigated by the Health Ombudsman. The revelation comes amid moves to make it illegal to design babies by gender, with a bill tabled in Queensland Parliament Yes today threatening providers with two years imprisonment.
Speaker 4: So Health Ministers.
Speaker 5: Shannon Fentomen, best known as the woman who doesn't know what a woman is, She's come out saying we're shocked to receive reports that some clinics are actually promising you the child of your choice of gender.
Speaker 6: That's not allowed.
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 6: The China during the one child policy, and thank goodness for that.
Speaker 4: But then it makes you wonder how many.
Speaker 5: Other estates need to make these laws and why has it gone on for so long unchecked.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we've seen dum Biden. We'll show you dum Biden again. But we've also got disturbing Biden that's coming up in a second.
Speaker 2: Look.
Speaker 3: Honestly, we had so many Joe Biden gaffes to show you tonight, we had.
Speaker 2: To nail it down to just two. So Lizie, you've got the first one.
Speaker 4: It was an extraordinary feat. Well, this is a new one from the president though. Marriage advice.
Speaker 5: If any gents are watching this evening and you're thinking of tying the knot, here's President Biden's advice to you.
Speaker 6: I said, every young man, think you get married marrying a family of five or more daughters.
Speaker 9: I did.
Speaker 2: My wife sold us the five sisters.
Speaker 3: You know why.
Speaker 2: One of them's always loved you, not the same one. One of them is always be on your side.
Speaker 5: That has got to be the most awkward laugh you've ever heard from a crowd. With that, is this guy aware of what's coming out.
Speaker 2: Of his mouth right now.
Speaker 7: It's like, you know, I've just got a production line of them coming through one cars that I just pick another one.
Speaker 1: It's all very strange, isn't it.
Speaker 7: But he also had some more words to say in this same speech. We know he loves passing bills, but what did he pass here?
Speaker 2: Let me close you this after I signed the pack and pack at ac into.
Speaker 1: Law jack hack of a neck and neck a jack and acalac. Yeah sure, buddy, we're all on board with that, aren't we? Best Lauries ever signed?
Speaker 3: My goodness, it just keeps getting worse. That's it from us tonight, but stick around. Coming up in just a moment is to read a penny show