Speaker 1: Introducing our next guest. She's a hard from world renowned Vets television personality and author and just generally and Australian sensation. Just when I thought my work he was done and I could dust myself off and clean myself up. Oh no, please welcome the life saving charismatic not to mention handsome doctor Chris.
Speaker 2: Wow Chris, And then how is this?
Speaker 3: I think our audio guy has the hotspoil like the pump up.
Speaker 4: He isn't hot enough. Now he's learning his good looks to the good Friday appeal. Honestly, how's this guy?
Speaker 2: But he's mar it for the kids. Good on you.
Speaker 1: It's very kind guy. It's interesting you've got mixed up with the Chris Brown.
Speaker 3: Now, it wasn't us. It was one of our younger the gen Z producers.
Speaker 1: And they were excited and it's it's it's it's a shame to see the disappointment on their face when you walk in and you the other Chris Brown. This happens quite a lot.
Speaker 5: Though, Chris Brown, the singer wrappers, you.
Speaker 2: Don't be you don't look the same.
Speaker 1: There's subtle, a subtle difference, Jays. But I get a lot of messages on social media from people very confused, thinking they've got the other Chris Brown, and I had. I had one a little while ago from a mother who wanted to impress her daughter on her eighteenth birthday. So she she said, look, she's a big fan of yours. Decided I'd message you. Could you could you send her a birthday message? She loves your music? And I was like, of course I can.
Speaker 5: She loves your music. That wasn't a game.
Speaker 1: I did this.
Speaker 5: Here we go. We've got a very well also mentioned.
Speaker 1: That you love my music, so I need you got to see you and the Great to listen back to the world tonight.
Speaker 3: Impressed by the guitars.
Speaker 1: Gave no context, just sent it back.
Speaker 5: Great. Did mum reply?
Speaker 1: She took weeks and weeks before she very humbly replied and was mortified. And her daughter had to tell her at her birthday when she played that video She's mailed stup of the Century Chris Brown singing a birthday song for her.
Speaker 6: I could make a lot of money on cameo just by saying you are Chris Brown.
Speaker 1: Yes, and then I like it.
Speaker 3: I'd prefer a message from you than the other Chris Brown to be perfectly honest, I.
Speaker 1: Feel like the tides turn where people are more relieved that it's not.
Speaker 5: We got the good guy.
Speaker 4: Good Friday Appeal it's going to be broadcast on seven from ten until midnight. It's such a Melbourne institution. It's raising money for the Royal Children's Hospital. You can donate at Good Friday Appeal dot com dot A.
Speaker 5: What are you doing there?
Speaker 1: Chris? Look a bit of a juggling singing What do you I won't be singing there thankfully. I mean you've got a great voice.
Speaker 5: I mean no, not, this isn't about me. I don't encourage to do that.
Speaker 3: Sometimes they do get the celebs there to do kookie things, so you could end up singing.
Speaker 1: Never know, everything's Everything's possible. But I look a bit of a walk through the hospital tomorrow morning and then Teddy Bear Hospital at the at the Convention Center and my kids for that. It's a really cool, great it's actually really good. So I'm the attending doctor at the Teddy Bear at the Tender Hospital and then and then the broadcast obviously tomorrow nights. So it's just a really special event and I think Victorians can be so proud of that this hospital and what it does and the impact it has on the community, and so you know, please please support it where you can and get out there. Tomorrow.
Speaker 6: There'll be this one and two hundred dollars from Sandra in Vermont South. If Chris Brown does ten push ups, five hundred if he does it without his top, god, I mean you do it for free.
Speaker 1: I did it before I came in here.
Speaker 2: You made me stand Clint puts a jumper.
Speaker 3: Hey, now, Chris, I've been following you on the socials. You've been traveling around the world. Now we noticed you went to Japan to the Grand Prix. Good old Oscar piastre good to seeing back on the podium. Now I want to talk about what you wore there. Can you talk us through this?
Speaker 5: Look?
Speaker 1: It was questionable because.
Speaker 3: One of our producers said, just don't go too hard. It might be traditional Japanese dress or something. And I'm like, it's.
Speaker 2: Got hello, kitty, you look like the pit crew for Mario.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Look, it's got all those all those little vibes going on. So it was it was a mate's birthday, and so we got matching sort of racing suits or racing overalls.
Speaker 5: We do look, do you have the mate?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's more pit crew than it is it is racing suit. But we were there. We timed it well. Birthday. I put up with my nephew. Obviously the Formula one Grand Prix over there, which is a massive.
Speaker 5: Massive chaos because I heard getting to and from the track was.
Speaker 1: Like, if you love crowds, it's your thing. If you love cues, it's your thing. It took four hours to get there and four hours to get it home. Yeah, only about an hour away, but it's so busy with the trains. There was a lot of walking, walked about sort of eight kilometers. But it's but it's okay.
Speaker 3: I just think the Japanese people have the most beautiful culture and they're the nicest people as well. But were they just like, oh my god, look at the size of the enormous blonde.
Speaker 1: I'm a giant. Yeah, you would have stood. I get everywhere, you get stopped all the time for photos, but usually the photos come with food. But it's it's hand.
Speaker 3: What I mean with they gift you things so tall and blonde, they give you food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had height on.
Speaker 1: It's a good deal. It's like a blonde it's pay for service, but it's it's handy in the crowds as well because you can always pick out you pick out your mates and find out where they are.
Speaker 5: There's Chris over there, that big intersection.
Speaker 2: Everyone gets photos crossing.
Speaker 1: It was called yeah. But I was there for the timed it as well for the cherry blossom festival, which gets more crowds and more cues.
Speaker 5: It's the busiest time.
Speaker 1: But you when you're a bit taller, you can see. You can see right all the trees and all the It's a strange thing to go to see the tree.
Speaker 5: But but it was.
Speaker 1: But I got into it. But the only disappointment was that I turned up to see this natural wonder of the world. All these thousands and thousands of cherry blossom trees are in bloom in that beautiful pink, dusty pink. I believe you call it flowers. I'm colorblind. I just looked white. I was really on, how do you do.
Speaker 5: That when you're at the vet and you're like, who's got the brown dog? I don't know you never.
Speaker 2: Played growing up?
Speaker 1: Yeah, terribly, Chris.
Speaker 2: It's a red five brother. Come on.
Speaker 1: I was like calling calling out when it wasn't. Yeah, it's not. It's but really underwhelming Cherry Blossom Festival for I'm.
Speaker 5: Glad you traveled to the other side of the world for.
Speaker 2: When you were there, did you go and see Punch Punchy?
Speaker 5: Did you see? Did you fall in love with Punch like I did?
Speaker 1: I did? But I also felt for him. I felt like he was I felt.
Speaker 3: He was being bullied. Wasn't he was because they came out and said, oh, it's all natural. So did you want to get.
Speaker 5: Him out of here?
Speaker 2: You should have saved Punch. If you were that good, you would have saved.
Speaker 1: Him if it meant something. Is that what you're saying, if the animal world meant something? No, he I think he's the victim of his He's in a small enclosure there those monkeys. It shouldn't be in a small box. There's nothing else for those monkeys to do is to fight each other.
Speaker 6: So the solution wasn't an ikea Yeah.
Speaker 1: To softer, Yeah, it was a strange mix to he was very.
Speaker 3: Care and just quickly before we let you go. We're not seeing you being a vet so much on TV. You're now doing Adrian Poor Tully's you know.
Speaker 2: What let's take a quick break. Can we come back.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: We're on the air with Chris Brown this morning. It's just gone nine to nine. This is over. We can't take him. Doctor Chris Brown still in the house.
Speaker 5: We love Chris Brown to stick around.
Speaker 4: You want too many times, so he just sorry. It's not me for six. We found out during the song you're still a practicing bet.
Speaker 5: I still do my thing at the bond divet. But the show is not a thing.
Speaker 1: It's bond I junction that the junction is silent, doesn't it's quite as impressive.
Speaker 5: But you don't have a view of the beach.
Speaker 1: No, no, we have a view of the West Shopping Center, which is which is great at a certain time.
Speaker 2: It does.
Speaker 4: I remember the opening credits. You just ran up from the beach. So you go in with Pet Cline and you just walk out with that Pet. I'll see you now do people freak out?
Speaker 1: Yeah? People are so confused. I'm like, this is what I do. I'm actually I'm actually a vet and they're like, no, you're a aren't you the actor that plays the role.
Speaker 2: Of the vet.
Speaker 5: That's not country practice.
Speaker 1: Last I am I am qualified to take this thermometer and do what a vet does with it.
Speaker 2: Terrence Elliott, you should talk to him later about pet peen in the hallway.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Well we've all got dog problems, haven't we.
Speaker 5: Look, if you've got a dog, you've got a problem.
Speaker 1: It's always good to blame standards whatever's going.
Speaker 5: On because he's a cat guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wow, dog as well.
Speaker 1: It can be both guys.
Speaker 3: You can, right, but you're a man who does many things. Now I've ticked off that you're doing the Good Friday Appeal. Good line it to everyone tomorrow. If you can, please support the Good Friday Appeal. They do amazing work. We have ticked off that you are the Bonda Junction Vet and you're also now hosting a reno show with one of the most famous Melbournians love him or hate him.
Speaker 5: Adrian Portelli. It's doing a rival to the Block.
Speaker 1: I know it's it's going to be big and it's going to be exciting and probably a little controversial at times. Which is this is the excite would be Rambo guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, massive amount of changed.
Speaker 5: He's not Lambeau guy. McLaren.
Speaker 2: McClaren. Claren's a man something like that.
Speaker 5: You got a different car, Groop didn't.
Speaker 1: You'll you'll actually see quite a few of the cars during the show. He tends to arrive in a different car eage. You're saying, you're showy, I arrive on an e bike. But it's a It's got all the renovation drama you'd expect. The houses are in Bullyan Actually yeah, which a mansion and they're there. The makeovers are incredible. We have couples that come in and do their best. They're competing for a prize. But the big, the big exciting thing, especially in the current climate, is that you can actually win the house. So viewers to win the houses.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: I mean, Adrian Portelli is out there, but he does do amazing things, like he gives people amazing opportunityes.
Speaker 4: He just come to seven with suitcases full of cash down. I want to annoy Scottie. Let's let's go building.
Speaker 1: I think it was more of a truck to be honest.
Speaker 5: Has he just done it out of spite.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think I think he genuinely loves to see people's lives changed and see that the difference that's made and and the houses of the makeovers are pretty amazing.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I know you won't be able to reveal much, but he doesn't seem like a guy that sticks to the rules. Was there any parts where he was just like, you know what, i'man up the ante here and Adam mill Or.
Speaker 1: With Adrian Portelli, there are no rules, which.
Speaker 2: That surprised you though you had no idea who do.
Speaker 1: It completely as a host, you never knew what you were going to get each day, and it makes a great telly because you you're constantly surprised. So if you see a surprise reaction or me lost words, it's because we had no idea that these little bombs that are that get dropped regularly are coming. So it's it's exciting and and everyone. I think everyone's going to be a winner.
Speaker 5: When does it start? When is it soon?
Speaker 1: Very soon?
Speaker 2: He doesn't know.
Speaker 1: Was I too obvious with that? It's a clear that I had no idea.
Speaker 2: That you're the house is a good quality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you could move straight instead. I would. I would.
Speaker 5: I would love to be saying something because your pressures.
Speaker 1: My cats and my dog would love it.
Speaker 4: Cat the Good Friday Appeal.
Speaker 2: Good for you for getting involved.
Speaker 4: It's going to be broadcast on seven from ten until midnight, raising money for the Royal Children's Hospital. You can donate a Good Friday appeal dot com dot Are you thanks for coming.
Speaker 1: In Las, you guys anytime.
Speaker 5: So nice to see Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I