Speaker 1: You are on the air with Jace and Lauren Clints here as well. We're doing a thanks Joe mate to she already express. Let's say hello to our next guest.
Speaker 2: Our next guest is a legend of the news who's delivered some of the most important moments in recent history.
Speaker 3: Allison Langdon reporting from the bushfire crisis. After four years, the Trump presidency has come to an end.
Speaker 2: She's literally braved lions in the field.
Speaker 3: The male lion has taken interest in us.
Speaker 2: And she almost always gets the names right.
Speaker 3: Some footy game in America, the Rams and the San Francisco sixty nine Erslaubia forty.
Speaker 4: Nice, please, welcome to the show.
Speaker 2: Journalist Extrataair, the current host of the Current Affair.
Speaker 3: Right, goodly, Hi, that game sounds more interesting though, Donald agree, that.
Speaker 5: Was one of your best Alie, how are you?
Speaker 6: I am great? Guys, how about you?
Speaker 7: Nice to see you are good.
Speaker 8: Nice to see the time of the morning again instead of in the afternoons on a Current Affair.
Speaker 3: I know, you know, it's kind of nice just to dabble back in the mornings every now and again.
Speaker 6: But it goes off. It's like Jeeves does I'm glad it doesn't happen every day.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you don't miss the morning hours.
Speaker 1: I just realized, imagine being your neighbors and having to go and have a battle with you over the fence.
Speaker 7: You'd be like Jesus. She hosts a Current Affairs.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you win every battle.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 6: It's funny.
Speaker 3: Just agree with whatever you want, because I don't want an act a crew at their door.
Speaker 8: I did my year ten work experience with a current Affair. I really Tracy Grimshaw was hosting, and I was at Channel nine and all I feel, all I did was it with the lady. She was lovely who answered the phone and took the calls from the people who were trying to contact the current affairs.
Speaker 4: Lovely Dorothy.
Speaker 8: There were some people out there. Ally, you must have met a few crazies in your time.
Speaker 6: Look there, we get them all. I've got to say, we get them all.
Speaker 3: And yeah, when you hear some of the phone calls that come through and that, and they look, they're still there are still phone calls.
Speaker 6: Most of your emails. Yeah you are some of the year.
Speaker 3: Look, that's a great story, but I think we'll pass on that as you go. The whole hack yeah, we'll be at your house in an hour.
Speaker 8: Put the chainsaw down, don't drop down the fence, wait for the camera to get there.
Speaker 3: And that actually happened once. By the way, the chainsaw, No, someone had a chainsaw. Someone had an axe and it was enable to speak right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, So there you go. There's nothing you can throw that we haven't done.
Speaker 4: It's a water mark job that one.
Speaker 1: Hey, I want to talk parental guidance because the premiere is Monday, seven thirty on nine and nine. Now just quickly before we get to that. I believe you had our very unclinched cent away over for a little barbecue the other week, Lauren, and.
Speaker 5: Really because I see I got a crisis call.
Speaker 4: He went, yeah, I was very panicked.
Speaker 5: Ali, he'll be nervous.
Speaker 2: We chatted about it on the show. You can probably hear the anxiety in my voice.
Speaker 7: I've got the audio from that day. Take a listen.
Speaker 2: Had an interesting weekend. I went to a colleagues's house on Saturday night. From your Favorite Chart, I love it. The host of The Current Affair, Alison Langdon. She looks like a bit of far I was running late and I'm like, what do I take? So I texted ahead. I said, what do you need and they said, we need some more beer. So I bought three different lots of six packs.
Speaker 5: Assortment.
Speaker 4: I was like, you can't take hims variety.
Speaker 5: Actually embarrassing all variety pack of beer.
Speaker 8: What did your husband say when Clint turned up with three different.
Speaker 3: Flavored Well, obviously he had text and Mike not me, because I don't. I don't love beer. And I would say, mate, bring the shardonnay. And we've done enough, you know, shifts together on weekend Today show that you should know this about me.
Speaker 8: I said to him, you can't also just turn up and three six packs is weird?
Speaker 5: You got to take four?
Speaker 8: And I was like, you also need to take something for Ali who's hosting.
Speaker 5: So did you turn up?
Speaker 2: So what I did is three quarters away there after texting Lauren, I had made a detour to another bottle shop, two stops. It's got a load French champagne, forms a beer and a champagne for Ali.
Speaker 3: You know, the thought was when he walked in with it all, it's like, mate, are you moving in for the weekend?
Speaker 6: Are you staying?
Speaker 5: And how long? Did he say? Because I did say don't stay too late.
Speaker 8: Do you guys have got kids, Clint, You've got to do the weekend Today show in the morning.
Speaker 5: Don't stay too late. Was he hard to go?
Speaker 3: That was That was my concern that he had an early start the next day. But look, you were you were pretty well behaved As someone.
Speaker 2: Who's got plenty of experience with early starts. Ali coached me on how to deal with the hangout this morning.
Speaker 5: What is the key?
Speaker 6: It's like, if you reach a certain point, just stay up. It's easier.
Speaker 5: That is good at.
Speaker 1: Hey, parental guidance, Alie, it is back. Premiere is Monday. As I mentioned at seven point thirty on nine and nine. Now you guys are hitting a heap of topics. I love the show. I've got three young boys. I know social media.
Speaker 7: AI. That'll just terrify me. What some of the stuff you're hitting this season.
Speaker 3: So this season is different, right because like at the start, you know, we did things like we talked about smacking and all.
Speaker 6: Once you've done that, you've done it.
Speaker 3: So we're just doing the big topic so that the whole first episode is about screen time and like we get the kids to go online and create a chatbot friend and that is what every parent needs to see, you know how, Like we're kind of behind the eight ball with social media and our kids got on it and we sort of realized the damage it was doing.
Speaker 6: This is the next big thing, So this is this is what you've got to see. And then we do like mental health, peer pressure and body image.
Speaker 7: It's going to terrify me, isn't it.
Speaker 3: It's gonna look, it's gonna it's gonna firstly terrify you, and then you realize it's okay.
Speaker 6: We've just got to understand it and you've got to be ahead of it. But we talk about.
Speaker 3: Consent and things, and there's some scary views in the room.
Speaker 8: There's a lot of parents out there that have watched this show and they feel quite like horrified or sometimes as shamed that they've let their kid get to a certain point. Everyone watching it has a different experience of the show right at their times. You're a mom at there are times when you're like seeing things that just horrify you.
Speaker 3: You just you learn so much from it, And I think the whole thing is regardless of like all these different pairenting styles, everyone's there trying to do their best and everyone just looks at it going, you know what, no matter how much we're stuffing it up, Alice's doing a way worse job. And that's actually why I'm on this show. It's just to make everyone feel better about what they're I just no, no, I'm being honest, absolutely not. Although my husband says I am the best parent for a month after we film this show.
Speaker 1: I just get frustrated when I see experts on TV's and they're like, you know, you've got to be you know, you've got to be watching everything that they're doing online stuff, and it's like, mate, I'm also trying to get their food and doing lunchboxes and waiting exactly, Like there's got to be realistic ways to approach this stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, look there is, but I think it's like what you're letting them on and understanding, like there's a couple of games that a lot of little kids play, which is just you've got a lot of predators on there. So like, so as soon as you know what that game is, and then it's just doing your research and realizing what's safe and what's not, and that you can put these parental controls in place, and then yeah, you don't have to be looking over their shoulder all the time at what they're doing. But it's all those little things that particularly like if you're sort of a bit anti tech, you just realize that it's not that hard, it's not that scary.
Speaker 6: But you've got to be across.
Speaker 1: It's not all bad on a line of not thirteen twenty four to ten. I'd love to talk parenting fails this morning. You mentioned that apart from that one month after the show, Yeah, you're not the best.
Speaker 7: Have you ever lost your kid in public? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 6: Because of everyone. I've lost both of them at different times. Is that not a common No?
Speaker 7: No, no, I trust me.
Speaker 1: I've been at the part and I've DIALD two zero's and I've just thought I'll search for five more minutes and then I'll hit the last one.
Speaker 7: What about ever forgetting to pack their lunch?
Speaker 1: Ah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, only only did that once and that was that was a big reaction.
Speaker 6: Yeah, big reaction to that.
Speaker 5: This is the worst thing you can do to a kid. Have you ever sent them to school in their uniform on casual clothes?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean everyone does, but that's their own fault. Like kids should have reminded.
Speaker 5: Me why didn't you read the notice?
Speaker 6: No, this is a problem.
Speaker 3: It's on a WhatsApp group, and the WhatsApp group is nuts because nuts?
Speaker 5: Have you muted your kids WhatsApp group?
Speaker 6: Tell the truth? That's the problem. It's always on mute.
Speaker 3: So I've got now one of the moms who texts me something important, because by the time I jump on, it's like I've missed two hundred messages.
Speaker 5: Just give me the top line.
Speaker 1: Alice kids are at school right now while she's with us. There's a good chance their holidays have already started. They're just running around the school.
Speaker 3: Kids are fine. My husband's across it. Someone across it. You're sweet.
Speaker 2: Hey, Alie, Can I say a big congratulations on the goldmination.
Speaker 4: It's about bloody time.
Speaker 2: You are one of the hardest working people at the nine network, can I tell you? And you're also a great friend of mine, So congratulations. Now we need to settle something.
Speaker 4: On the front. If you don't look like supermodel, don't tell me you've not seen it.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 5: You look amazing. Out of your comfort zone.
Speaker 3: You're so out of my comfort zone that one. It's like this belly showing. I never show you belly.
Speaker 5: After you've had two kids, there's no belly.
Speaker 2: Maybe I should wear that on a current affair. Really, just quickly, what settle settle this debate for us? What time do you get into work for a current affair? Because Jason Lauren here, they scorched when I said that you got in just after midday and did all the writing and all the editing and all.
Speaker 7: Lauren and I got our money on five pm.
Speaker 6: No, I said three, Clint. Clint knows me. I am in between eleven and twelve.
Speaker 8: Yeah, are you pulling a nine hour shoes?
Speaker 6: He's mentoring all the journals, you know, even when they don't want to.
Speaker 7: Be parental guidance.
Speaker 1: The premieres Monday seven thirty on Channel nine and nine Now, Ali Langdon join us on the air, Get on your Alie.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, Jason, Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good.
Speaker 8: Following them on the Socials