Speaker 1: We got.
Speaker 2: Every day?
Speaker 3: Hey, how are I? Oh good? Oh gie? Weather's pretty good?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, up to much this weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah good? Thanks?
Speaker 1: Got any holidays planned?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah? No, good. Thanks.
Speaker 1: That's a very bad example of small talk gone wrong. And we've all had those encounters, haven't we. Where we've walked away from a conversation that you forced into and just gone, mate, you're an absolute idiot. Why'd you say that?
Speaker 3: Why'd your brain take you down that path?
Speaker 1: What on earth is wrong with you? Why can't you just have a conversation with a complete stranger and have it been normal? A very embarrassing moment for me necessitated a conversation about small talk.
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 1: And I was perusing Instagram and I found this guy who, every time he jumps in the car just makes a habit of pretending that his girlfriend is an Uber driver, and so he proceeds to make small talk with her and films that have a listen, you've been.
Speaker 2: Made or you started or is this your full time job?
Speaker 3: Or hell, you been doing this for job?
Speaker 5: Driving cars?
Speaker 4: I'm rough, Uber, shut up?
Speaker 3: Follow cricket?
Speaker 1: Seriously stop the NFL W final.
Speaker 3: Can you stop?
Speaker 6: I'm trying to drive NBL is getting bigger in it.
Speaker 3: I love it. I absolutely love a little a little awkward chat that's chocks chat on Instagram as well, pick up somebody's work. He's a very very funny boy.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's that would be you getting into a bit. But I can guarantee it you'll go to Yeah, you would. You would channel your se and vibes and just talk sport the whole time, even if the Uber driver had no interest in sport.
Speaker 3: In a sport, oh h, what are we talking for? W cool crows and going all right, aren't they all that sort of stuff. There's so many different angles.
Speaker 1: So speaking of sport and small talk and.
Speaker 3: The crows, you've got anice little sorry of it. Every very awkward interaction with the crows. Big man.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Rather so I saw Riley O'Brien, who's so lovely, he's so nice, and I ran into him. I was leaving the gym and he was coming into the gym, and it was one of those situations where you got to talk to each other because it's just there's nowhere to run, no where to hide. Not that I was wanting to run, but he's yeah anyway, So we were just talking I'm like, oh, hey, mate, how are you going? What have you been up to? Blah blah blah, And then we sort of ran out a small talk and he's like, oh, so you all finished up, are you? And I said, oh, yeah, just snuck in a little pump class. And I said, oh, a few of your teammates are up there, a few of the boys because of the Crow's Boys train it next gen and and he goes, yeah, yeah, I know the boys are up there. We've just done some hill running. And I'm like okay, I said, yeah, I think I think a few of them are a bit jealous looking through into the pump class because it's all class right, And I was like, you know, I had pretty heavy, like five kilos on each end, and I proceeded to do like a little mini squad, like a pump squad.
Speaker 3: Oh jeez, right. I was like, well, I don't matter. I don't know where to put my hands here, I don't know where to work, try to look what's happening.
Speaker 1: You just kind of looked at me like what is wrong with you? And then I walked off and immediately pulled that face. The minute he couldn't see me, that that face of what the what did you say that? What did you pretend to do a pump squat for in front of Riley O'Brien and proceed to say your teammates would be a bit jealous because I was carrying ten kilos on my shoulders.
Speaker 3: I am in a situation like that. I'll got one for you. This will impress him. Do this like a little dance in front of him. See what happens.
Speaker 1: Your small talk encounter though with the footballer a former footballer, was even worse than my.
Speaker 3: Riley o brian welcome producers on me.
Speaker 4: Hello, Yes, it was, it was really bad.
Speaker 7: It was my first day here at Nover and there is a bit of a footy icon thattworks as part of the Nova family, and that is Tim Geniverer. And I wasn't much of a footy go and I started it Nover.
Speaker 4: I am now.
Speaker 7: I forced myself to be to this and Timmy was working commercially, so he was my boss. And so he took me around the building and good boss, lovely bloke as well. Like Timmy, anyone who knows him knows he's a bloody jet And we were just chatting and stuff, and we were talking about footy. He goes, you follow footy and I went, yeah, yeah, I like pot power, Yeah I follow Port a little bit. Yeah yeah, that was my first problem, and the oh yeah cool cool.
Speaker 4: I went, yeah, what about you? You went to footy? Oh my god.
Speaker 7: He's a multiple premiership winner for poor lazy seven. Oh my goodness. And I said it in front of all these other people that I'd never met, and when I walked out, they all looked me and went, you did not just ask Tim Ginnifer if he likes footy, let alone, after saying you're a Port lad lead fan.
Speaker 3: The beautiful Tim Gineva, Yeah, we've just gone along with you away.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, I fully footy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Poort too.
Speaker 7: Yeah cool, he said nothing anyway. He still holds it over my head now three years later.
Speaker 3: See for example, another seven time premiership player, Bruce Abneth. The last time I asked him if he'd won three or four premierships, I think he definitely called me. Your d were candid.
Speaker 1: I remember in the face.
Speaker 3: I remember when I was thirteen and my sister's three years older than me. So when you're thirteen and your sister's got sixteen year old girls coming to the house. It's a very nervous time human and you don't want to stuff up. You don't you want to be seem like a cool younger brother. I some of these girls turned up and one of them said, get he Andrew, and I said, oh, get he Andrew? What did I What did I call it? Andrew? I've never forgot that moment. That is the most awkward that I've ever felt in my entire life.
Speaker 4: At least you didn't say good, thanks, and you.
Speaker 1: Please let's do this this morning thirteen twenty four ten small talk gone wrong? Because you have these encounters every single day. Come when we come back, can you tell that one in the kitchen about the channel seven?
Speaker 3: Jeez, I've set some stuff.
Speaker 2: Right now.
Speaker 3: We're talking about awkward conversations. For example, Joe's if you were to say to me, Hi, Hazy, what you've been up to? I would say good, thanks, yeah, and then it would be really awkward, hard for me to backtrack and steer the conversation in the right direction.
Speaker 1: And then inevitably, when you mess up some small talk, you beat yourself up for the rest of the day and just being like why am I?
Speaker 3: So you wake up in the middle of the night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot.
Speaker 3: I say that helped me out brains a.
Speaker 1: Lot of pressure though. With small talk, you have to admit you've got a small frame of time to make an impression, and if you mess it up.
Speaker 3: Then you just first impressions or everything. Aren't they so truing? You're trying to be funny as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, how do you go with one of the great legends of the sporting commentary world at Channel seventh.
Speaker 3: Oh, you've touched on this before. When I first met Bruce mcavany and I was at an awards night and he's so lovely that I just started working Channel seven. I only done two or three packages, and he watches stories, big stories and stuff, and he watched the news and he said, oh, I've seen some of your stuff. It's it's quite good.
Speaker 2: What on?
Speaker 3: And I said to him, thinking it was funny, I've actually seen some of your work as well. It's not bad. And then as soon as the moment I supposed to oh, I'm just joking. Of course I've seen stuff, someone grabbed him and said, Bruce, this way, we need to go here. So he left without laughing, and then it was like, oh, no, I just need that Toime again. I was joking, I was.
Speaker 1: Have you seen him since I.
Speaker 3: Never brought it up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right, but's got a memory like no other.
Speaker 1: So he's so nice. The thing about Bruce mcavoney is he's a legend, right, and all you want to talk about when you're meeting meet him is him, and he'll just turn the conversation on you all the time. Soberzarre, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Bruce goes how are you? And You're like, who cares? Bruce?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: Small talk gone wrong? Catherine? Tell us please?
Speaker 5: Oh Hi, I will at a part with my kids. And there was another lady with a hair child and two of its large and I asked her when she was Jue, what is said her next child? Well, she didn't really say anything. She just said or she did. She just said, I'm not having another baby yet. You put me on the spot because I was like, where do.
Speaker 1: You go from there? Though? Catherine, like once you said, oh sorry, I just said that.
Speaker 5: I think I went over and looked after my kids and I'm not sorry, you know.
Speaker 3: Is in my thoughts on Stewie Jude, do you think.
Speaker 4: I'm dragging.
Speaker 6: Hi?
Speaker 8: I had a massive crush on Vince Colossmo and later on, like twenty years ago, when I finally got to meet him, I was so nervous and I turned around instead of saying that I was his biggest fan, I said you're my biggest fan.
Speaker 9: I was so embarrased.
Speaker 8: I had a photo with him and I couldn't get out of there.
Speaker 5: He's not a funny STU.
Speaker 6: Which is great.
Speaker 3: It's your lucky Davids.
Speaker 1: Did we have a similar thing with Peter Meladowskis when he was leaving and he went to say, oh, you know you can call me anytime?
Speaker 3: Yes, yes he did. He said something on the lines of if there's if there's anything anything, if there's anything you guys can do for me, let me know, And then he goes, wait, wait, wait, wait no, no, just reverse.
Speaker 1: That's because we've stopped and looking anything we could do for you talking about.
Speaker 3: Let you know, that sounds pretty good. Listen, awkward chat, it's it's it's pretty good. This This is hard to get your head around. Two pilots reportedly fell asleep for twenty eight minutes on a flight through Indonesia. What two pilots? So, what you do is when you've got two pilots. If one falls asleep, you make sure the second one.
Speaker 1: Doesn't cost Yeah, it's a rotation system.
Speaker 3: But then when they both fall asleep, Oh, you're in all sorts of things. You're really relying too heavily and auto pilots.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't want to diminish the role of pilots at all. But how much when you fly a plane is it all done for you? And how much are you genuinely in control?
Speaker 3: I think it's pretty solid, but you don't want to rely on it too much. They do you?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: According to a prelim report release on the weekend by the National Transportation Safety Committee, that's a KNKT crazy Christmas parties. By the way, if you've ever been to a k and KT Christmas party, oh my gosh, hangover for months, weren't you. Both pilots fell asleep at the same time for almost half an hour, leading to the plane going off course. All one hundred and fifty three passengers landed safely in Jakarta and there are no injuries reported. But what about when you're sitting there and just stay every sort a few minutes you're waiting for the captain to speak and just nothing. All right, here he goes nothing. Guys are just guys are just chucking z's around this snooze.
Speaker 1: Jeremy, you're awake, Not Stephen, you're awake.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten. When have you fallen asleep at an inappropriate time? Quite randomly? Let's just bring news reader Abbey into this. Anything you want to add to this particular story. I mean, could you contribute to that question? Do you reckon apps?
Speaker 1: Yeah, a few times.
Speaker 11: Let's just say I've either not waken up or I have had a little nap at a time that I shouldn't have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it happens.
Speaker 11: It happens when you get up at three o'clock in the morning, three thirty in the morning.
Speaker 1: I'm tired as an I get it. So yeah, yeah, and you're the mumped two sausage dogs. It's a lot on your plate. Yeah. However, falling asleep on the couch here at nover while you're supposed to be reading the news, I mean, this question marks and but you know what, at least you had no one else to blame but yourself. So if, for example, of you and I, if you would have fall asleep while we're supposed to be on air. Yeah, and I fell asleep at the same time. Who's drugging the shit?
Speaker 3: Well that's a very good point. And you've seen me fall asleep. Well I've been standing up before because I can do that. I can absolutely.
Speaker 1: I was Yeah, I don't have an excuse.
Speaker 11: I was sick, no one was here, everyone was holidays, I was dying, and I just couldn't be bothered.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have an excuse. And then you've just losted off eighteen.
Speaker 3: I remember back in the day when I was casanova, and I would never encourage your sort of behavior. But I remember after a really big night. Of course I was completely sober. I need to absolutely stamp down on that. But I was just a little bit sleep the prift and I remember genuinely behind the wheel aut of traffic light focus. What while you're driving the casanova caa getting woken up by a co casanova a little bit dangerous. Yeah, it was a different time, guys, it was a different time.
Speaker 1: I Andrew.
Speaker 11: Dody. Surely, with two jobs and four children, you've had a snooze at an inappropriate time.
Speaker 1: I have to say, on Saturday night when the whole family was over for a barbecue. There was like a little outdoor couch and one of my kids said to me, Mum, every time I looked over at you, you were like blinking, like trying to stay awake. There are moments like that.
Speaker 3: There's no question it's good, isn't it? Thirteen twenty four ten. When have you fallen asleep at an inappropriate time? Because sometimes sleeps just whacks your right between the face.
Speaker 1: Do you know when you have fallen asleep in an inappropriate time? Every time I start talking about my netball team.
Speaker 3: And we're talking about the time where two pilots that were flying to Jitkada just fell up. It swept for twenty eight minutes.
Speaker 1: Twenty that's a fair time to be at. However, a thousand feet without anyone in control at the wheel.
Speaker 3: It was a little charter plane here, one hundred and fifty three person plane. Both parts were just shucking some z's around. Sure, that's just catching up. Yeah, that's what happens. Yeah, we put it out there the inappropriate times that you've fallen asleep, because I don't want to make too much, I want to draw too much attention to it. But our very good friend news to have a couple of times let the team down, mistimed her sleep. Let's put it that way.
Speaker 11: You do get up early, though done, very good friend, we're not friends anymore.
Speaker 1: You've come to Come on, mate, we've been through worse.
Speaker 2: Than I do.
Speaker 11: Get up early, and yeah, I just haven't been been burning the candle at both ends.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, well it's mad March, we get it. My life is just mad March on steroids.
Speaker 3: But yeah's mad January as well, February.
Speaker 1: It's going to end. Good morning. And but who fell asleep at an inappropriate moment?
Speaker 12: That's my partner, Dylan. He's from the UK and he used to work in the police.
Speaker 1: Yeah and yeah, he was on an night.
Speaker 12: Shift and there was this emergency call through which.
Speaker 13: They were on the way to.
Speaker 12: But he must have been coming down with something because he was feeling flat and he fell asleep on the way and he woke up to all like the blue lights and the sirens and people in handcuffed and he basically missed.
Speaker 9: The whole thing.
Speaker 3: So what was he was he in the front seat or what was going on?
Speaker 12: He must have been Leah the passenger, So he just asleep in the front and everyone else handled it.
Speaker 3: So you said he's a former cop, did that he's dismissal or he just moved on to a different job and he did.
Speaker 6: It in the UK.
Speaker 13: Now he's in Australia.
Speaker 1: He got deported. Wow, thank you so much. You're in the running for first class and fifty K just for being on air. Pat who fell asleep at an inopportune time.
Speaker 6: I used to work in the family court for many years, and you know, when your blood sugar gets flowered around three o'clock in the afternoon and you listened to boring cross examination, I'd fall asleep in front of the litigants and the parties and then you know, and that was always very embarrassing. So you start to develop some tactics like I'd eat the inside of my cheek, or I'd have ice water in front of me just to keep.
Speaker 3: Awake out so you would not off quite like on the red or you'd always stop yourself.
Speaker 6: Well, sometimes I doze off and then that would be embarrassing, and then other times you'd be buying the inside of my cheek to the point where it bled. Oh my god, just stay awake.
Speaker 1: Quite often in court, look at the sheriff's officers and their shifts are quite small short, but my god, sometimes I think how to hour not nodding off?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, And we used to have to make sure that the judge always had ice water as well, because they would doze off at times as well.
Speaker 1: Guilty, that wakes you up.
Speaker 3: I'm getting vibes in the Simpsons. You know that episode you probably don't know. Joe's where it's APO's involved and home is in court and he's asleep.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, Yes, I'd like to bring something to their goods attention. Give those glasses to the bailift.
Speaker 3: You just need to get those glass Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Danny who fell asleep at the wrong time.
Speaker 13: Well after we had a four day pass with the clipstore, and by day three I just needed a little nap under the tree, little reach.
Speaker 1: Okay, n how on earth are you falling asleep with the noise of those sleeper gas going. I'm very easy.
Speaker 13: Really napped it out for an hour and then I was good to go.
Speaker 4: Good on you.
Speaker 3: That's amazing, that's awesome. You can sleep through the noise of clips.
Speaker 1: Gosh, Danny, did you sleep with those what are those fighter JITs that go past?
Speaker 13: Quite possibly I don't remember seeing.
Speaker 1: Them, so maybe well done, Emelily. I'm going to you fall.
Speaker 14: Asleep wedding guys. After a big night out, I had basically a specialist appointment at the at the eye specialists, and then I ended up, like you know, sitting in a chair, and then I just was dozing off, and as a person is as I promised to, trying to wake me up and saying hey, you're right, I'm like, yeah, yeah, I'm a right, So I know you're you're snoring. I was, oh, I'm sorry, it's just when I was shinning the bright light though in my eyes, I just kept dozing off, and because I had a late night the night before, and it just kept happening. So I forty five minute appointment was turned into like an hour and a half.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so so really they didn't jam your eyes open, did they. So every time they're trying to look at your eyes and you were like just blinking off.
Speaker 14: I'm trying to keep my eyes open, but then they're just rolling back and I'm just like just going like snoring, and then they nudge of me, saying you're pulling asleep. I'm like, oh no, no, I'm not like yeah, you're snoring.
Speaker 2: I was like, I love that.
Speaker 1: They're trying to test Amelio's eyes and they're like, Emelio, can you read the bottom line over there? What are you saying? Just black mate, all black.
Speaker 3: We spoke about a couple of pilots who were flying across Indonesia. Yeah, who just went off track for twenty eight minutes because they both fell asleep. Unbelievable situation. That's where we've got the captain and you've got a backup pilot, so if something happens to one, then the other can take over. When you both fall, it's just disaster.
Speaker 1: As long as that drinks trolley was still in operation, I don't think the passages would have known what was going on.
Speaker 3: Well that's a very very good point, isn't it. And most importantly, the drinks trolley wasn't sort of visiting the captain and his co pilot as well. That's that's something that we have since learned that it wasn't that untoward. But what I can tell you is some of the other things that have come to light very very.
Speaker 1: Concerning at a larming, Oh what's happened here?
Speaker 3: So, I mean there's a positive from the situation. Yeah, because what we've found out is that these two blokes are actually massive fans of the show. And that's a great, great thing, is really huge fans of the show.
Speaker 1: I didn't matter.
Speaker 3: We would have thought that when they're flying from A to B, particularly in some of these long haul flights in between Indonesia, they're actually listening to Nova nine one nine DC.
Speaker 1: Don't you want to get on the standby least for firstcent and fifty G.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, I'll tell you what. At nine o'clock when Nordies at nine comes on, ches the boys up and about usually, but on this particular occasion, oh, clearly they both fell asleep, did they. Would you believe that we've actually got hold of the black bar from that situation?
Speaker 4: Really?
Speaker 3: Oh, and we're in a bit of trouble, I think in this particular situation. When I say we, I mean probably you. So let's just listen to what the black box tells us in the exact moment, unfortunately, where these two pilots fell asleep.
Speaker 2: Captain, this is air control. Do you read me?
Speaker 1: In the networks, we like to call it writing.
Speaker 2: You captain and co captain, this is air control.
Speaker 1: Wake up immediately, so a player should basically be on your ship the whole time, on your back.
Speaker 2: Captain. This is an emergency wake up.
Speaker 1: And there's been some language that's been used that has been control like girl shaking hands at the end, going like don't touch me, you bleep, that kind of vibe.
Speaker 2: Captain, if you're asleep, wake up, respond as.
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's dangerous. It's dangerous that netball chat. Over one hundred and fifty lives are in danger because of your netball chat. It's awful time. And I've got to say it on a long hall flight.
Speaker 1: And to be fair, how did they get hold of the offer conversation.
Speaker 3: As isn't it? That's part of the extras f the podcast.
Speaker 1: And I don't want to poke holes in this story, but you can only get access to the black box when the plane actually crashes. Everyone.
Speaker 3: We've got special access to that as well. There's certainly a message in this. I feel like it's not about netball because I tell you what Adelaide Thunderbirds, Yes, yes, absolutely, top notch chat Adelai B three Wildcats.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's right. That hurts even more because we didn't make finals.
Speaker 3: You still managed to inject a little bit bigger. Just the most important thing in this life is that we leave a good impression, and we leave our slogan, and we do things that make the next generations remember us in a good.
Speaker 1: Way, leave a physical and emotional imprint.
Speaker 3: Spot On. Couldn't have said it better myself at Yeah, I couldn't find the words. A transplant surgeon find twelve thousand dollars and he's lost his medical license after burning his initials into a patient's organs. That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna have to say that again a little bit slower. What he's burnt his initials into patient's organs?
Speaker 3: Yes, because he's just trying to leave his mark on the future generations. Okay, do you know what I mean? Yeah, So that's what I'm talking about. When you really, really quite literally leave a nice little imprint of your life. Wow, we maybe it's on someone's organs. Yeah, what's your little slogan?
Speaker 1: Oh my slogan?
Speaker 3: Did you ever sort of graffiti things around the place?
Speaker 1: I wasn't a big graffitier.
Speaker 3: Were you back in the day? Were you were Jody Oddie was here?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: Because that wasn't a name for a start, It was.
Speaker 3: I mean, that was predicting your feature.
Speaker 1: Literally two marriages ago. So no, if I had written that, it would have been Jody Williams was here. I'm sure I'm on the back of a few toilet cubical somewhere.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, okay, drop your phone number. And because that's outrageous, that's real, like Midwest American truck stop tup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I grew up in Hobart, mate.
Speaker 3: I'm not even going to go down.
Speaker 1: I'm very very dark, but I don't think i'd be to a tool that qupical that it hasn't had graffiti on the back of it down there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really, Okay, some of the messages are quite outrageous.
Speaker 1: An't but yeah they can be.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just trying to leave my mark. I've got three kids coming through and I want them to be like, you know what dad was remembered for something really really positive, for example. And if you come over here to the desk, you'll see that there's all sorts of little slogans that I've just inscripted all over the desk.
Speaker 1: Well, you do do a lot of like inscribing on the desk, which is very naughty, and you shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's right. They're a bunch of doodles. And it doesn't matter what your message is as long as it's a positive one. Okay, this is a positive message. Look, they're everywhere.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, look at them.
Speaker 3: Look at that one. Isn't he a big handsome fellow? It doesn't matter what it is this particular boke. His name was Simon Bramble. He's a surgeon, so branded initials under patients of liver during a transplant, leading to his loss of a medical license. The incident was one of two at a hospital in Birmingham, England. So he claimed it was a stress relieving act.
Speaker 1: Wow. So did he do it on people that had died or people that he operated on and lived?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: No, from recovering patients. What it wasn't my dead bodies?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: These people out there with his initials on their liver.
Speaker 1: That's incredible.
Speaker 3: What about body trick? Isn't it when you show you mate? So I have a look at the liver. Yeah, it's got the spokes initials on it.
Speaker 1: What about me though? Oh well, I mean if they were dead, that's okay, that's ok.
Speaker 3: Have very very morbid. He was convicted of assault. He was fined and deemed arrogant by the medical practitioners tribunals.
Speaker 1: It is a bit egotistical.
Speaker 3: It is a little bit egotistically.
Speaker 1: Initials on someone else's liver stick.
Speaker 3: To drawing doodles around the place much less harmful. I will not be convicted of assault, I will not be fined. I will not be deemed arrogant. I dare say, by Nova, I'll be deemed awesome. A drawing deck.
Speaker 1: Okay, if it makes you feel better when I die, you can engrave a doodle on my livery.
Speaker 3: Doodles on your forehead, can put it out. It's bliss.
Speaker 1: All the family comes for reviewing, they're like, oh that's interesting.
Speaker 3: I'm off in the corner just giggling. What du what the fork?
Speaker 1: Please please please get involved in this segment. These are the things that you look at you go what the fork is that about? And four double o nine one nine at nine one nine is the text line. If you want to text us through what you're what the fork? We're having to run with it and go with it. Yeah, it's all content for us, you know, yeah.
Speaker 3: Absolutely know those things You just look and you go, oh, what dull? What the fork.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And yesterday I was saying what the fork? And it got me thinking about weird expressions. I'm thirteen, twenty four ten. I find that most families have these little sayings that they have in house, saying, but yesterday you dropped one on air. Can we just have a little can we go back and have a little listen please?
Speaker 3: A little bit so the little tiddley weak bits of information that you need, tiddley week bits of information? Am I right there? A little tiddley big bits of information? And just to finish that off, we threw to Abby and yes, I said, is it right? She said no, it's not right. She said what's wrong with you? Which was a whole different conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think the expression is tidbits?
Speaker 3: Ah right, Yes, thank you, thank you for the education.
Speaker 1: If you like your tid bits, you want to say tiddling wink bits, it's entirely up to you. My friends, Race twenty four ten, please get involved this morning.
Speaker 3: No doubt. The already have got a couple of very unique expressions.
Speaker 1: Shut up. I didn't know this down because we have so many. I think one of the big ones is like, if you're saying you're joking me. We always say you're terry joking me.
Speaker 4: Ah, of course.
Speaker 1: Eat a bowl is a big one in now now.
Speaker 3: Of stuff like cereal. Yeah, like a bowl of tariarchy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, that's one I think.
Speaker 3: Actually concertain, I think. And news reader said that to me a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not rocket salad. The other one we like to go, that's good. I like that you've got someone in your family with bindy.
Speaker 7: Bin says stuff that she just thinks are real sayings, but they're not. She's just missed it, kind of like the you know, tidbits and living bits. The one that I always say because I find it hilarious and that stumps people is oh, how the turns of table? It's my favorite thing. I know, how the turns of table?
Speaker 4: And everyone goes, you know that's not the same, right, Yeah, it's brilliant.
Speaker 7: And then Georgia, one of our coworkers, every single time she wants to agree with you and go absolutely, she goes absolutly abs And it's my.
Speaker 1: Favorite when you do it on purpose and people look like like you're an idiot. You like, I know what I'm doing.
Speaker 4: It's half the fun. I really like that. It's not rocket salad. That's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can use it, thank.
Speaker 3: You, and also just adding a little bit more to really really further the point. For example, pardon me very much, an excuse me very very much, Oh dare you very much, Joanne?
Speaker 1: If we didn't realize that we do that a lot, but it was pointed out.
Speaker 7: Every day constantly, and I do. Yeah, you guys add very much to everything.
Speaker 3: Excuse me very much.
Speaker 1: So thirteen twenty four to ten, please get involved this morning. We'd love to hear your little in house expressions that you and your family use make each other.
Speaker 2: Laugh quite the port what the pork, the.
Speaker 1: What the four this morning, those stupid funny expressions that have a home you and your family. The little in jokes you outed yourself with this joke yesterday when you said, oh my god, is this.
Speaker 2: A little a little bit so?
Speaker 3: The little tiddley weak bits of information that you need tiddley week bits of information my right, their apps?
Speaker 1: Since am I right there?
Speaker 3: Abs?
Speaker 1: You look at ABS for confirmation? No, absolutely, you're not right completely.
Speaker 3: Injorrects her head.
Speaker 11: Yeah, why would you come to be for support because I never give you any that's.
Speaker 1: The last place you should go thirteen twenty four ten. We'd love to take your calls this morning. Let's go to Laura from GAULA. Good morning, Laura, good morning. Good. What's your expression that you like to use.
Speaker 11: Cool and gravy instead of gravy gravy gravy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, sort of gravy chicken.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's good. Little I think if you if you YouTube as well, think called wanker banker. Yeah, it's one of the great sketches. This is one of the things he says, what old things glacious?
Speaker 4: Thank you, Laura.
Speaker 1: How are you doing? We add delicious to the end of most names or descriptions of things.
Speaker 3: So thinking my son Sammy and Samy.
Speaker 14: Delicious, my daughters La la la la literious. Delicious is the dog.
Speaker 3: Coming from the most list, the more jail.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right about it.
Speaker 5: Well done.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Joe. Hey, Joe, go on, then go on.
Speaker 9: So instead of coincidence, we use coolinkydink Oh yeah, absolute top shelf.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good, it's good. Do you have any others there?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 9: We do so instead of fresh avocado, it's free shiv arketers very embarrassing when you order it.
Speaker 4: Yes, a free.
Speaker 3: See. That's the same sort of vibes is when we go to our subway back and they when real funny as teenagers. Yeah, and instead of saying, how you ask for jelapanos and the guys like, oh god, I've heard this four times a week.
Speaker 4: I totally stood up my house mate.
Speaker 7: She's vegan, and anytime we went to a restaurant, she go, I'm just checking because I'm vegan.
Speaker 1: Lucy, you have to hit us with your expression, please, Hi, guys.
Speaker 10: So mine is from me messing it up years ago, and now we our family just use it as something we say when someone's done something good and I'm not a pretty face.
Speaker 4: I love it so much.
Speaker 3: It's very good. Jesus, some good ones out there as well. Keep the text coming through it full double nine nine. But if you've got one thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 1: I'm so going to my Grangrossers today when I do my fruit and bed sholling. Can I have a fresher for Kudu, h Joe.
Speaker 3: Delicious and hazy? Oh gosh, oh no, what's happening here? Emergency? Yeah, that's right, it's an emergency intervention. Oh and I'm sorry Jodes, this has taken so long, but you look, some things have happened over the last a few days. If you're just tuning in for the first time, to describe Jody's eyeball right now, it's very very yellow. And that's that's aftermath of a popped blood vessel, which happened on what Wednesday night?
Speaker 14: Was it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I genuinely thought this was all over. I thought it's healing, it's fine, We're done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, in his space, I thought so too. Well, I'm moving forward, and that's why I've brought the whole team together. Excellent, because it's not good enough. Morning, yeah, good morning everybody. Time for an intervention. Because we are a rock solid team. We like to move forward. So I'm going to kick things off. I for one, am ready to move forward. Because what I got to think about over the weekend was if I was in your shoes, Joe's and I caught that much stick, I mean I would just be seeing red. So it's not good enough, and I feel like we can go forward in a positive space.
Speaker 11: Is in the USA apps just that you know, obviously we're really sorry. You're looking much better today, okay, And I think so that there was a bit of an issue over the weekend. Zoe, did you come back on the red eye?
Speaker 7: I'm a little tired. I came in from Melbourne read out this morning. But Joe, it's like, aside from all that, I can even I can, she looks, she looks amazing. That isn't eye catching out.
Speaker 3: It get a spot on. Well done?
Speaker 2: So thank you.
Speaker 3: Yes, let's let's let's point in a different direction. It is seriously catching.
Speaker 1: Every way you walk, eyes just follow you.
Speaker 2: Yeah right, that's so true.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's so true. Anything you want to say.
Speaker 1: I just don't think we want to lose sight of the importance here and we just want to make sure you're okay.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, can I say something sure so I don't see myself coming back to work tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's good, that's good. What I'll leave you in is that we're a tight knit group and there's certainly no iron team, but there definitely is an eye and Jodie and how ready is it? Joes, you're the captain of this team. You are the fearless captain. Okay, so if you want us to stop, just say stop stop captain.
Speaker 1: Now, that's a job.
Speaker 2: That's a joke.
Speaker 3: That's a job. Job, that's a terrible job, because despite her genuinely read complexion, today you can still deliver an award winning joke.
Speaker 1: Okay, So, and we do not endorse this behavior whatsoever. But news reader Abby spent a little bit of time in the sun on the weekend. It's now paying the price in the form of some third degree sunburn. I don't have third degree sunburn.
Speaker 3: Fourth degree, yeah, fifth degree degree something.
Speaker 11: Yes, she's a little sore, but she'll be fine by tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay, you lead us so courageously each and every week. Do you want to kick off the Monday morning joke of yeah?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 11: All right, So I actually went to a music festival over the weekend. Yeah, and boy, you got so bun and a pull out's the joke. And a police officer came up to me with one of those drug dogs. He said, excuse me, but the dog's telling me that you're on something.
Speaker 1: I said, well, that's a bit rich coming from you, because you're the one talking to the.
Speaker 3: Dog's okay, I think we're heading in a pretty good direction.
Speaker 1: Well guess what happened. So I did some online shopping and I ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon, very un brand for you. Yeah, I'll let you know. Explain it. Then, do you get it? Hazy? Do you get it?
Speaker 11: Because there's this thing about like the witch comes first, was going to rewive?
Speaker 3: Yes, I get it because sometimes a notoriously late. Yes, I understand the joke. Let's round this up as well. Please get involved. Send as a joke for double nine nine nine one nine. So a family's driving behind a garbage truck when a very special toy, if you know what I mean, flies out and thumbs against the windshield. Embarrassed and trying to spare her young son's innocence, the mother turns around and says, don't worry, dear, that was just an insect.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: The boy replies, I'm surprised you could get off the ground with a doodle like that.
Speaker 11: Come old, Abs, that deserve more. I don't want to laugh too hard because old costs.
Speaker 3: I don't think ABS gets it. Explain to Pace, Explain