Speaker 1: We got every morning, every day adelaide.
Speaker 2: Your kids. Sometimes Mum and dad just brought out.
Speaker 3: The special stuff, you know, whether it be food or drink.
Speaker 2: And we had a discussion.
Speaker 3: But this the other day and you were talking about your dad on the farm in Beckham, New South Wales, population.
Speaker 4: Eight and sixty five. Thank you very much, Sorry.
Speaker 2: Mate, my fault.
Speaker 3: Does it really matter when you're the only person in your year, not just your class but.
Speaker 4: Your year post office hall and a pub?
Speaker 2: Perfect?
Speaker 4: Thank you very much. Appreciate that.
Speaker 3: It's nice every now and then your dad would bench it out. Did you have a bottle shop or you just got your golf from the pub?
Speaker 4: I don't know, actually I don't think. I think there was a bottle shop for a nearer town, but I think there was a bottle shop connected to the pub. It's second one of those old school country pub It's really cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So there wasn't a Dan Murphy's absolutely not AnyWho, So you were saying that when your dad brought out a particular beer, you.
Speaker 4: Were on, absolutely, we're well as kids, we went on. Mum and dad were on. My dad mixed between VB and Melbourne Bitters exactly. And then when there were crowdies in the fridge. Yeah, something good had happened. Yeah, it was a celebration, usually the end of harvest. Yeah, and I'm not alone in this space as well. Produced a flat. Crownies was the top shelf celebration beer.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So my dad would only ever drink VB but for a special occasion, or if some friends were coming over or Christmas.
Speaker 4: Christmas, he'd say.
Speaker 6: To my mum, all right, love, gotta go get my box of Crownies.
Speaker 4: You know what the cutest thing is.
Speaker 6: To this day, he's in his sixties and dad's still for a special occasion, we'll buy crowdy.
Speaker 4: Yes, that is so they're still around, even cuter. He drink every single one of them. Oh twenty four and one sitting. Well done, mister Flak.
Speaker 6: It's actually not really alive, but sure.
Speaker 3: My stepdad always had Bundy Rum honey rum in the cans, but when he got the actual bottle of Bunny Rum out.
Speaker 4: Was Yeah, all of a sudden, man, that's what happens is when people drink bunderberg Ram, you.
Speaker 2: Can get a little bit angry. Not poppy, Jeff. Though not poppy Jeff mellowed him that's nice.
Speaker 3: And so when this is a sad story, I don't know if I should tell it. I've committed now though. But when he passed away because he had to mancha in the end, you.
Speaker 4: Poured rum on him? What he poured rum on him? One last little dash that rum stench going up to heaven. Then he got to the pearly gates and they're like, you're not coming to he of Rummy.
Speaker 2: It's not where this story con saying.
Speaker 3: He still had a cart and left over, so we all drank the bunderberg rum to Poppy Jeff.
Speaker 2: That's a nice story, isn't it. Of course, anyway, your story was better about.
Speaker 4: Pooring What was his special occasion food or drink? And maybe it's from child would were You're like, oh nice, because straight away when I saw that, it wasn't because Um and Dad were abrad to ge drunk. They probably weren't. Sometimes I think Dad just had one or two crownes. But it was the fact that you knew Mum and Dad were an absolute great mood. So all of a sudden, the kids are like, yeah, we're partying. We don't know why, but we're on Chinese food.
Speaker 2: Oh that's such a good story.
Speaker 3: Anyway, rip boppy Jeff, Oh my god, you have a score for twenty four to ten.
Speaker 4: Let's go. Let's go to Sawsby North, going to you Leanne, good morning, how are you going?
Speaker 2: We're so good? When was it a special occasion? When did you know?
Speaker 7: We know it was really special. When Mum and Dad would be getting ready with the stereo speakers, you know, remember the olden.
Speaker 1: Day stereos with the massive speakers.
Speaker 7: Dad would put one by the front door, one against the lounge room window and tell us to come out on the front random Dad would magically appear. We'd have shandy Mom, Dad, me, my sister.
Speaker 8: And then the special part was the bowls.
Speaker 7: Of Cashina and Dad would have their own bowl and Danielle and I would get one. But we were allowed to ride our bikes just a little bit further when they were having these drinks and their little dance on the step. But once, once, there's a real, real special time, we asked out if we could have a puppy, and guess what Dad said, Yes, did you get to get one? Forever That is a happy memory. And my sister and I both do the same thing with our kids.
Speaker 4: See that's perfect. You're creating core memories.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's a legacy. The shandy and cashew is a legacy in our family.
Speaker 3: Perfect love the visual of the handstand, just wheeling the speaker towards the front o.
Speaker 7: The neighbors hated it. He would have it so loud the window windows.
Speaker 8: Were literally shaking.
Speaker 7: There would be a lot of daggers between Dad and the neighbor across the road.
Speaker 8: It was all forgiven in the end.
Speaker 2: And then Dad took over some cashews and always well.
Speaker 4: Everything was forgiven. Fancy pants cashws.
Speaker 2: Mel, what was your special occasion drink on this occasion?
Speaker 9: Oh, my dad, it was always the good old bottle of Saint Agnes brandy.
Speaker 4: You know, it's a question, Mel, are there any other brands? Like? Is it just.
Speaker 9: Isn'tnes had to be Saint Agnes. And as soon as that came out, him and his mate that it would be on for young and old.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, So then what sort of vibes were the kids feeling when the signags came out, Like, was it like Dad's about to get really loose?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we just thought it was absolutely fantastic because we lived in the country on the outskirts Mount Gambia. Yeah, near the pine forest. So we just used to take off and we would just come back and they would just be absolutely gone, you know, all the wives on the Champagne and and on the Saint Agnes Brandy and it was just an absolute fun time.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Mel. That's wonderful. Isn't that great? Responsible parents?
Speaker 3: I loved it when dad started having a few drinks because we could go for days.
Speaker 4: I think we can all agree the times are very much challenge.
Speaker 2: It's got to Caitlin from St Kilda. Good morning, Caitlyn, good morning, how are you good? Thank you? I think you're about to mention everyone's favorite dessert. Let's go.
Speaker 1: I believe it's a is it Vanetta Biennetta? Yeah, I can't actually pronounce it, probably I think it's Sienna or Biennetta Street pizza hat ice cream.
Speaker 4: So elite.
Speaker 2: What did that signify when that came out?
Speaker 1: Well, that was actually a treat for my brother and I. So yeah, my mum growing up we didn't really have like cokes and takeaways and but yeah, the Viennetta come out and yeah, it was all over from there. So yeah, it was Otherwise, we went to pizza at the time, and then they actually finally brought it out into the shops and it was a million bucks to get back then, so I'm not sure if they even make it.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 2: Still a good question.
Speaker 4: Do some research to see if our streets been out is still around. I reckon it was a couple of years ago, and it's been so ingrained in me that even now, like it wouldn't matter if it was worth a dollar, I'd look at it and be like, oh no, we can't afford that. You can do a special occasion according to produce a flat Do you know how much it's worth?
Speaker 3: Its eight bucks, But that's on par with ice cream at the moment. Ice cream is so expensive at the minute. I'll tell you what she might be. A Vannetta Nice at the yoddy Household's n's.
Speaker 2: Me homemade fish and chips, and.
Speaker 4: A voice that I reckon could genuinely knock your socks off.
Speaker 2: Absolutely listen to this.
Speaker 4: If I can. My very goodness shows that is the angelic vocals of our next guest.
Speaker 3: What a sensational voice he has, and he joins us now Brendan Xavier from Beauty and the Beast, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning, hello, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Oh goodness, make I mean Haze is a bit of a singer as well.
Speaker 2: How did you write that? Was it? Was it a bit pitchy?
Speaker 4: Or did he know those notes psychiastic? When we were listening to it before, Brendon, I sarcastically said to everyone else's a bit pitchy, isn't it? And everyone looked at me like I anything more wrong in my life.
Speaker 3: Brendan, this musical looks absolutely spectacular. I want to ask you around the prosthetics that you're wearing, and all the makeup and everything in the costumes. That's got to take hours to put together, doesn't it?
Speaker 8: It takes around five minutes. What I know, because I start the show as myself, and the makeup and with department they work magic. So basically I quickly run off stage and I've got five minutes to put all the prosthetics on. I think there's about four or five different pieces that they have to sort of glue to my face, and then I have to do a really quick costume change and then I have to run back on stage.
Speaker 3: But prior to that, you've had a life cast and a body scan and these hand sculpture prostheticts and an individual head mold as well. To put all these things together. That is absolutely incredible. That process would have been would have blown your mind.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was incredible. I mean it's such a huge thing to sort of be a part of, and you kind of never anticipate that you're going to be a part of something so highly detailed and such a huge scale and so nostalgic. So yeah, I'm just having a great fun being a part of it.
Speaker 3: I'm looking at your Instagram, are you just like, are you living your best life and living your dreams?
Speaker 2: Because traveling all over the world doing.
Speaker 3: Musical theater, which would be so much fun, But there's literally not a country that you haven't been to.
Speaker 8: I know, I'm a bit of an avid traveler. I love exploring new places and the great thing about being and Beauty the Beast. We get to travel all over Australia, which I love and I've done it before with another show. It does have its downside. It's quite physically demanding, and being on the road for that long it does get kind of hard. You do miss home. But no, it's an incredible life.
Speaker 3: You say it's physically demanding. Does I always think of people like you doing what you do. It would be cut blanche to eat whatever you want.
Speaker 2: And on your Insta you're eating.
Speaker 3: Pizza and burgers and chips and the whole works. You can pretty much fuel your body with whatever, couldn't you.
Speaker 8: Oh yeah, you know, you take a bit of liberty depending on how much you do and during the week. But I try and embrace the culture as much as I can.
Speaker 2: You're going to love it here.
Speaker 3: You should head to Fagazi, which is just the most beautiful restaurant here in Adelaide in a place called Peel Streets and make sure you're head.
Speaker 10: There all right.
Speaker 8: Writing that down right now.
Speaker 2: Tho Gharzi FuG as xen.
Speaker 4: Thanks Brettan, Can you repeat that? Backs on?
Speaker 8: No, I'm not braving up for that.
Speaker 4: Tickets are on sale today in the Base Adelade Festival Center from May twenty twenty five. Brendan, thank you so much, and thank you for giving insight into what actually happens behind the scenes, because the lives that you guys lead are truly fascinating.
Speaker 8: Oh it's a pleasure. Thank you so much for having me.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much, Brendan. Can't wait to see it here.
Speaker 4: Jeez, thanks guys, mate, thank you, Oh thanks, don't worries f you gas.
Speaker 11: Your father he's on money shod and naughty six Note Jose, this particular segment is not for the elderly naughty six forty chance.
Speaker 4: For us, it's been a little bit risk gay before we straighten up to about seven o'clock, I need your help with some two by the way, Okay, you know me. You know I love a bold, humorous stunt, and this one involves lazy clinics. They've unveiled a striking field art installation believed beneath one of London's busiest flight pass. Dubbed Crotch Circles, it's an artwork that features three moon designs representing popular bikini line styles. They are the Brazilian, the Hollywood and the Bikini. So when you land in you see three particular styles of how do I say it, manicured ladies? Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yes it does.
Speaker 4: But this is where I'm confused, and also Producer Flat is confused because we're two blokes and needs some medication. We're just trying to better ourselves. It's all out self development. Take us through it. What's a Hollywood?
Speaker 3: So what Hollywood is a complete removal of all the hair down there?
Speaker 4: Oh my, very good, you're bold essentially Okay, because this coincide and a little study I've done, thirty two of women opt for the Hollywood complete hair removal.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, well, I mean layser is an interesting one.
Speaker 2: Before we digressed it, what do you want to do the other styles? First? Before we digressed into the laser's territory.
Speaker 4: Well, this is where beautiful nature produces Flack and I get a little bit confused. Yeah, what's the Brazilian? Because did you think of Brazilian? Was everything?
Speaker 6: I thought a Brazilian was completely bald?
Speaker 2: Both baffoons.
Speaker 3: No, that's like the little triangle or the little as we call the Landing Street.
Speaker 6: Oh, what's is what's the one that's the backsacket?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the Hollywood. That's everything.
Speaker 4: Okay, wow, because because Flack's got the hairy back, it's actually his high school nickname, hairy Back Flack.
Speaker 2: And Crack.
Speaker 4: And finally, the classic Buchani line, Yes, what's what's happening?
Speaker 3: Oh that's essentially what most of us do. And you're just tidy up outside, so to say you've got a pair of bathers on. It's just that line. So you're bikini line, so you can't see anything.
Speaker 4: Are you gaslighting?
Speaker 2: Ess? Well, no, I'm not gaslighting gaslights.
Speaker 4: I think that everything's fine, everything's perfectly kept. You're just holding it in perfectly.
Speaker 5: Great.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I need to know.
Speaker 4: I need to know now.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 6: I need to know.
Speaker 5: I need to know what today.
Speaker 2: This is what you need to know.
Speaker 3: What you need to know with Jody and had.
Speaker 2: Everything you need to know this morning.
Speaker 3: And speaking of concerts, apparently there was a bit of a ruckus last night.
Speaker 2: At the front of Dean Lewis.
Speaker 4: I will listen to this thought with me from He's a lover, not a fighter. His music there's not like the folk violence. What the hell's gone on?
Speaker 3: And I guess emotions just boiled over because there were cops everywhere apparently when people were leaving, and there was some suggestion that someone might have been injured.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You just spoke to Hayden Nelson. He's down there on the scene.
Speaker 4: What did he well, he said, the Cherry Festival actually Cherry's top shelf, Jan Lewis second. But there's there's like reports and rumors of someone potentially getting stabbed with keys and all sorts of things. I mean to get the bottom of this, because it's just it's not the Dean Lewis concert that I know.
Speaker 2: It's not the spirit of Dean Lewis.
Speaker 4: It's not in the spirit of Deans.
Speaker 3: It's not on this Dean Lewis Bingo card is it at all?
Speaker 4: And when Dean Lewis says how do I say goodbye? In particular that Adelaide, he says, I don't have a problem with at all. When the kids spied each other. No, come on, make love. That's why I do this.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's talk wine, shall we? So what about this? Pizza Hut has launched a limited edition tomato wine.
Speaker 4: Fill it it up there it is. Oh, those beautiful tomato aromas.
Speaker 3: Legedly captures the essence of your favorite slice in every single sip. I've joined forces with Kansas based Irvines Just Pop Beyond Paradise Winery to create the unique beverage.
Speaker 2: Interested It's Friday night. We all know what that means at your house.
Speaker 4: Yeah, proper bottle of tomato wine.
Speaker 2: No steak, beers and tears night.
Speaker 4: Replace the beers with tomato wine. Yeah, gorgeous. Look. When you think wine knobs, you think of you know, those fancy people who sit there and they say outrageous things like, oh, it's danting across my palate.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, well the Tannin's.
Speaker 4: Producer, flak Is is one even worse than that. Yeah, this is a boku walks in very snooty nose and talking about the wine that he had last night.
Speaker 6: All I said was, my sweet spot is a thirty dollars bottle of wine, and I just I don't think the wine that you occasionally drink. What's it called the ten dollar?
Speaker 2: Are you too good for stump Jump? Is that what you're saying?
Speaker 4: It's too good for Stumpy?
Speaker 5: Well, I don't want to be rude, but it's a bit basic.
Speaker 3: All.
Speaker 4: Do you know just a quick story. I used to get stump jump as well. Do not turn me off. I reckon. I went to Dare Murphys somewhere and when I put it over and I was with car as well to pay for it, the bloke goes, oh, good old Stumpy ache like, oh that's wrong with that?
Speaker 3: You too good for stump Jump? Now that's wrong as you too.
Speaker 2: It is the most ell.
Speaker 3: It is the most elite bottle of ten dollars red that you will ever find.
Speaker 4: Okay, produce a flag. Are you sipping on some tomato wine anytime?
Speaker 2: Thirty eight bucks? Mind you.
Speaker 3: The tomato wine may be red in color, but is advertised it's tasting similar to a white wine when chill.
Speaker 6: If someone from the Barossa McLaren vale wants to bring it out, I'll give it a try. But unless I mean, it's great that it tastes like pizza, but unless it's a wine that tastes like barbecue meat lovers, I'm probably not touching it.
Speaker 3: I guess this is such a female thing to say, but I guess the way I look at it.
Speaker 2: Is it saves on colories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because if you're sort of tasting pizza and drinking your wine at the same time, you're harving the calories.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Friday calorie tips from Jody.
Speaker 4: Some really really life tips from Jody on a Friday. So much in the bass.
Speaker 2: It has been such a big week, hasn't it It has?
Speaker 4: We got there, we did.
Speaker 3: We're nearly over the finish line. But I think it's important to reflect, engage, see what's happened, work out how we can be better.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what it's all about, isn't it? Improvement, self reflection, positivity, negativity, all those things rolled into one tomato tomato whatever, it's Jody Starry enjoy Dear Diary.
Speaker 2: There's no other way to say it.
Speaker 3: This week started off well, a little bit kinky.
Speaker 4: It's like tickling or hot wax.
Speaker 12: And that's you know, honestly sometimes so you bring this stuff on yourself?
Speaker 2: Do you forget your words mixed up?
Speaker 3: So you confuse a life saving technique with the crucial part of the female anatomy. A bit of sweet potato just lodged in my throat and I literally couldn't breathe.
Speaker 2: And at that point where I couldn't breathe, you're yelling.
Speaker 4: Incorporate the.
Speaker 1: Theme in Maneuver.
Speaker 4: It's theme, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Words you can't say? Am I right?
Speaker 6: Beck?
Speaker 3: What are the words that you get wrong or you take them out of context? Let's go to you, Rebecca from Angle Veil. Let's have a crack at at what is it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Sorry, thrill? What are you trying to say?
Speaker 4: Are you trying to say squirrel?
Speaker 2: So? Why doesn't why doesn't your squirrel have an ass? Why is it a quirrel?
Speaker 4: I can't do it.
Speaker 13: I could do it if I do it alone.
Speaker 4: But then I felt like an idiot. Okay, well go again.
Speaker 2: Weird the schoolies.
Speaker 3: We're up and about and we learn how to know you've never left the Gold Coast without saying you've never left the Gold Coast.
Speaker 2: People.
Speaker 4: I met someone from camera in the mosquit What the camera? Does that actually exist? The people living care cat that camera. It's good not to be bullied.
Speaker 2: Isn't it. Kids, I'll say the weirdest stuff.
Speaker 4: A four years old and she went into this big round where she explained that this family doesn't love her. Okay, I said something about mum. It might have been something food related. She said that Henry always teases her. And then I said to her, what about me? Like okay, and dad tried to break my leg. I know, I had to defend myself in my cars. She's like, she's break your lead.
Speaker 3: We learned to never pick a fight with Melanie Bracewool from the Cheap Seats.
Speaker 2: Well, well, we can.
Speaker 3: Catch all the highlights from the year on the Cheap Seats. The finale is tonight. I can't wait for it. You do a wonderful job.
Speaker 2: Thank you for being our second favorite New Zealand comedian.
Speaker 13: Well you, guys, my sick and favorite Adelaide radios suit.
Speaker 2: Just when we think things couldn't get anywhere.
Speaker 3: After sledging, mel I decided to drop a factually incorrect fun music fact and got eaten Alive. Yesterday, Harper wanted to hear the DA song, so I said, hey, Google, play the DA song and it came up as apartment and I was like, well, that's not the right song, and then my eleven year old said to me, yes, it is, because apat is short for you know, when you're shortened apartment, it's apartment. No, when you shorten apartment, it's like ap to, So it's meet me at the apartment, right, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Why do you look so blank?
Speaker 4: Is that the fact?
Speaker 2: That's the fun fact? You guys?
Speaker 4: A jerk producer flag. I've been doing some research where are we are? Great?
Speaker 6: Upatar is where you put your hands in the middle in a circle. Someone calls out a number and you go like, let's say it's ten. You go one, two, three, four, and hands keep going over the top of each other, and the one who's at the bottom has to take a shot. So it's a very much an alcohol driven game and that's called in Korea aupatar.
Speaker 2: Interesting, I'll see, that's what a fun fact is.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's fun. Great work flag.
Speaker 2: We should play it in an apartment.
Speaker 12: So to all the schoolies, I've got someone from camera.
Speaker 3: Small furry animals and the Lie Toddlers.
Speaker 4: I'd tried to break my leg.
Speaker 2: I'm not off this weekend, Kings and Queens, all my love.
Speaker 14: Celebrating normal dads of Adelaide doing hot things. Jody and Hazes Hot Dads of Adelaide calendar.
Speaker 3: Yes, we are putting together a calendar the hot Dads of Adelaide. This is I mean, you don't have to be the hottest bloke on the planet, but you do have to do hot things that your partner goes, Oh my god when you do that, you're so damn sexy. The Gallander shoot is underway. We've got men doing beautiful stuff like handing out flowers, cooking after a long day, cooking shirtless. I don't know, it's all they're doing things with the children. Most of the slots are filled up, as in eleven of the slots are filled up.
Speaker 2: However, there's still.
Speaker 3: One remaining, and that one remaining month is the pinnacle. It's what everyone who's a dad in Adelaide and who is hot should aspire to, and that is December.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I put to you, Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 3: I've spoken to Kara and she said, you do some pretty hot things around the house.
Speaker 13: This is.
Speaker 3: So it's just dawned on you when I'm about to ask, I think it's written all over your face. Would you be happy to be our hot dad's of Adelaide December representative?
Speaker 4: Let me just find this button. Sorry. What I meant to press was this.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no, press anything but those buttons. Press the explosion. I don't care, but some sort of agreeance noise that you're happy to be missed a December in our calendar.
Speaker 4: You're the boss putting this on me. I thought we had a discussion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did have a discussion, but then I don't know. I'd just like to put you on the spot on live radio.
Speaker 2: It's what we do.
Speaker 4: I know that you definitely didn't have discussion my wife because we spoke about this other day and she was like, you don't do any of these things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, but if we drill down long enough, I'm sure that we could find something that she finds sexy about. You.
Speaker 4: Gosh, what do I possibly do?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: Yes, ok to say yes, you gonna find something? Yeahs around.
Speaker 3: I know that's going to be the challenge for everybody involved in the calendar.
Speaker 2: But you've already had experience. You've been in the Central dis Districts calendar.
Speaker 3: What year two thousand and what twenty ten? Okay, let's recapture some of that form.
Speaker 2: Shall we.
Speaker 4: I don't know if we can. My hair was so much more thicker. I know, my skin was more bronze. My rig was in order. Had the facial hair going on as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had the smolder look. Let's read.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's recapture the smolder. That's the challenge for you as a thirty eight year old, actually thirty nine year old, mister December, you are for it.
Speaker 4: Pass me, pass me the cam. There we go, let's get the smolder look going on work.
Speaker 2: It's going to take six meers.
Speaker 4: I'll do it for thee I'll do it for the tea. Yeah, I'll do it for the Advertiser Foundation Kids Appeal.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's nice.
Speaker 3: See we put that element in there, so you couldn't say no to the kids and the charity.
Speaker 4: My gosh, what have I got a couple of days to try and get in good Nick?
Speaker 10: Oh?
Speaker 2: Probably less.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: Birthday.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is how we roll. We give out a random day.
Speaker 3: You have to marry that up to the random month and you win a thousand dollars And I'm hoping, hope from golf you heights, that is you this morning?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 10: Good?
Speaker 2: Morning?
Speaker 13: Good? How are you.
Speaker 2: Guys going great? Thank you? A thousand bucks. It's in your pocket. We're heading into the weekend. What happens with it? Let's blow it a girl.
Speaker 4: Oh that'sunny here, Yeah.
Speaker 2: All right, Hope.
Speaker 3: Obviously you were born on the eighth, Yes, yeah, okay, camera, goy, Josh, Now, come on, Josh, you're in for.
Speaker 4: A big old, big old spin. Let's blow it baby, come.
Speaker 15: On the weekend needs.
Speaker 4: So she can't have that big old bender responsibly, of course, I hope it's all about hope.
Speaker 2: Were you born on the eighth of January? No, No, You're going to have to be sensible.
Speaker 4: It was close, wasn't It was March.
Speaker 9: Nearly October?
Speaker 2: Nearly certainly not.
Speaker 4: The same same month for Matt. Yeah, on your hope.
Speaker 3: Thank you for playing never Hope. Thank you so much for playing. Have a lovely weekend.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys, base Sell goods. Don't you get flat because we will play again at.
Speaker 2: Nine o'clock forty five minutes to go again.
Speaker 4: Yeah, chance to really finish off the weekend strong. Okay, let's do this, Battles.
Speaker 2: Thanks, I'm familiar territory for you.
Speaker 3: This is how it rolls out. We have a theme each week. This week's theme was Summers Come early thirty six today. Yeah, and so.
Speaker 2: We run with that theme.
Speaker 3: We choose the song each and then we go head to head on Insta, on the Journey and Hazy Page and we come up.
Speaker 2: With a winner.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Do you know the other thing about today is the cricket starts.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you're seeing test cricket on the telly in summer, it's summer tour. It's just that's a naisy summer right there.
Speaker 3: Okay, Cabra go, Josh joins us. Now, so our two songs went head to head.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had Snoop Dogg's money like this is mine Snoop Dogg, and you had a bit of Ellie.
Speaker 16: Two very summary songs, indeed, and it's good to know that you had full faith in yours, Jody.
Speaker 2: Know, I just sometimes have a little mental blank when it comes to be all the bangers. But we're are good, that's mine.
Speaker 4: You don't deserve to win.
Speaker 2: I'm heavily invested.
Speaker 16: Now, I'll tell you it was pretty close. Forty five votes in it. Yeah, no it's not so.
Speaker 5: Can I get a drum roll?
Speaker 4: Please? Are we?
Speaker 5: It's Jody Addie.
Speaker 4: It was going to go down, don't you boo.
Speaker 2: That it's supposed to be impartial over there with the buttons?
Speaker 4: I am. I am impartial with the buttons. Where's the sound effects? Where's the applause? Can't find it? What about this? That's not it? That's not eat here? Well done?
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 4: I'm a saw a loser.
Speaker 3: Though, so that I think that's that is what we call the nail in the coffin that you can't win.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: IM pretty strong. I can push out. I can push my way out of a nailed coffin's. I've done it before.
Speaker 2: It's twenty two eighteen, so.
Speaker 4: We've got three weeks left. Yeah, it's twenty to eight and three weeks left, and the last one is worth two traditionally worth always worth It's always worth two, I'll give you.
Speaker 12: So.
Speaker 4: So we're three weeks left, so there's still a chance for me. It's called five points and you're what four points ahead? So I have to win every single week then now yep, all right, okay, buddy, I'm so flat.
Speaker 2: Now I'm so comfortable that play myself.
Speaker 4: Congratulations you're winning. Song for Battle of the Bangs this week is Nelly pot in here and that takes us too twenty two to eighteen. Congratulations to you, Jody Enjoy. I'm not dance.
Speaker 2: I'm itchy.
Speaker 4: I'm itchy for a comeback. That's good, although you know it can be confused. That's how bad I dance. It looks like I'm ITCHI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you've got to expert exactly. No, I saw it here.
Speaker 4: Twenty two to eighteen. Now, Battle of the Banks, that's the school. So from now on there's only three more opportunities, and the last one is worth double points. I need to win. It is due or die. Desperate times for you, very desperate times. Asper usual, never a dull moment when this man is on board. Fits is joining us right now. Good morning to you, fitz e Jo.
Speaker 10: And am I currently talking to Is it mister September of the Hot Dance of Adelaide calendar man?
Speaker 2: Incorrect, mister December. We're bringing it. We're bringing it home hard.
Speaker 5: Very Christmas. Imagine putting a bit of missiletoe over that one.
Speaker 4: Jode.
Speaker 5: Thanks, Actually you do look high.
Speaker 10: I don't know for me, it's a choice out of Andrew Hayes or if it's Tom Wren. I don't know who I'm going to be taking home for Christmas.
Speaker 2: F Yeah, it's a tricky one.
Speaker 4: We can both fit your stocking.
Speaker 5: Tommy. You could fit eight Tom Wren's in a stocking. Oregon.
Speaker 3: You're not giving Tommy enough credit here, Fitzy, son of Mick and Claire.
Speaker 2: We've been talking this morning about when you.
Speaker 3: Knew that something big was happening in your house, like your parents break out something special and fancy just to signify, especially Asian for example, little parents.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, usually I think it was usually at the end of either harvest or when we're sewing, and if there was a box of crown he's in the fridge man, Mister Bill Hayes, he was on he was really in celebration mode.
Speaker 5: I mean, this was what wasn't a big thing.
Speaker 10: But on a Friday night we used to pick up Mum from the dental surgery a more for vale. She would jump into the garden. I used to love how Dad would go, Dal, you're not cooking at night. We're going to junk food corner nor lunger there and you'd have a choice, Jody, you have a choice between macas KFC or pizza Haut. Dad would give you ten bucks. It was a two piece food for me every time, with a bit of coal slaw. That was always KFC for me. But we always knew that we were having a big one. The other one was we lived in Christie Downs, right, and I had no idea until Mom and Dad told me this later on we bought this house. Mom and Dad bought a house in Christi Downs for thirty grand. That was two years ago. We had two fences, right. We had a fence around the block of land and then there was another huge fence that was set five meters in from the fence.
Speaker 5: On the outside of the block. And I never understood it.
Speaker 10: I remember we used to have all these weird people knocking on our door saying is the party on today? We found out afterwards, but we bought the house off that were the head of.
Speaker 5: A nudist colony.
Speaker 10: Yes, and they used to have parties in the backyard, completely starkers and that's why they had two fences so no one could see in WHOA. The three legged race was really weird, but I apart from that, it was well.
Speaker 4: Tom randaz Re entered the conversation.
Speaker 2: Speaking of athletic ability. Let's talk the draft.
Speaker 4: Sure, As a fellow number four pick, what sort of advice have you given to new Crosed Draper.
Speaker 10: I felt like giving him a call last night and just saying, well, I know how you feel Wednesday night. I know how you feel mate, coming in at number four. The thing is he's got a bit of football ability.
Speaker 5: I didn't.
Speaker 10: I'm really pumped. He's a local boy, good Southern boy. He goes to card Iro in college and he's a jit. That's the other thing. He's quick, he's agile, and I think he's only going to get stronger, faster and he'll be great for the Crows.
Speaker 3: We also had a discussion and you might be able to help us out in this with the social media now and the fact that everything is filmed. When all these kids get drafted, it's like fifteen of their mates pile in with pillows and just fists. I do their very best to try and injure their best mate who's just got drafted at that moment. Like more talk us through those celebrations. It's insane.
Speaker 5: I didn't. I didn't go to the draft. I didn't do it draft camp. I didn't go to the draft.
Speaker 10: I actually we had a big night at the Crown down its Victor Harbor the night before. I remember this, and I was hung over the day. I suppose this says a lot about my football career. But yeah, our heap of friends around and you would hear it on the radio. I'm pretty sure we heard it on the radio and we were informed that I was going to Sydney. Was Mum was crying her eyes out. Dad was celebrating. He was getting rid of me. But it is, it's such a big day. But I wasn't. I wasn't actually at the draft.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, did you get a night at jump food Corner after you got drafted?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Anyway, the Vince Geralds know how to celebrate with some KFC.
Speaker 4: Fitsy appreciate your time mate. We'll do it all again next week.
Speaker 5: Good on you guys, Thanks mister December