Speaker 1: Welcome to person number one podcast. You're listening to The Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're on the way that Dance Bra little Man trip before. Gooday, guys, and welcome back to another episode of The Jamo and Dylan Show. Just a little bit of news just to kick this episode off. For the meantime, we'll just be doing an episode every fortnight. Yeah, Plenty going on in our personal lives, so we'll be just scaling back a little bit. But yeah, you'll still be getting some good quality episodes and we've got plans, there's no doubt about that. Plenty to talk about today, so I just wanted to let you guys know about that. To start, we've just had an ultra pivot. We were supposed to go and have a cheeky little race day next weekend with Rog but we were We've changed that due to a few factors. There's many weather we'll take into account. Tomorrow is a beautiful day.
Speaker 1: It's only going to get colder in Perth from now.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, And speaking of I'm going on holiday as well. You are exactly a little that's a pivot as well, just you know, living winter life, Winter life Bang off to Indonesia. I go with Gracie, so that'll be good. Excited for that, and we'll do an episode and i'm over there, I'll let you guys know what I've been up to and that'll be good fun as well. But yeah, going through the booking stages at the moment, and it's always a fun time. It's exciting, can be stressful, but like you're looking at places, you're looking at pricing, you're looking.
Speaker 1: At reviews, reviews.
Speaker 2: We booked a place last night it's only ever had five star reviews. Nice, and then there was a couple of reviews that were like, thought the reviews are fake because they've only been five star, but like it genuinely lived up to the high So that's good. Excited for that. We're staying in three places, so we're there for nineteen days, so at decent length, we're going to Nusolmbongen and Ireland yep. Then we go to Ulauatu. Never stayed down there from what I've heard, much more quiet, laid back, not like hustle and bust. Yeah, and then we'll finish the trip up around that changry area, just to get the fully experience. Yeah, very excited for that next Friday, we are doing like a birthday kind of send off event, meeting, meeting of the girl.
Speaker 1: It's a weird it's it's weird because it's like a combination of everything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's a combination of people from because obviously when you're younger, you meet people in school. Your girlfriends come from school or a nearby school or whatever. When you leave, you meet them from a walks of life. So like, no one really knew Grace, no one really knew these new girlfriends, Like it would just be a completely Dylan Evans girlfriends yet No, So that'll be great, Very excited for that. Going to a pub then bit of darts at Flight Club, so that'll be good fun. Very excited for next Friday. Another reason for us changing our with Rog till to tomorrow was because we're going out next Friday night. We didn't want to go Friday and sad.
Speaker 1: We don't want to be rusty for like a trio our team.
Speaker 2: And we're old now here we are, we're Oldington's and Saturday.
Speaker 1: Originally we were meant to go to a winter race day at Belmont. Unfortunately the track is having some yeah, some issues, some reconstruction is what's the actual horse racing term for it, though the track itself is re seed, not seeding.
Speaker 2: Like yeah, they're like gonna they're assessing the turf and if the turf isn't suitable, they'll have to like get replant.
Speaker 1: The The fact we haven't heard anything by now means it's probably not gonna be ready next Saturday. So that already put a cloud over the fourteenth. And you know, we're just looking at the quality of horses that are tomorrow on the seventh, So we.
Speaker 2: Think we're going to do like a pub crawl type thing instead of going to the races.
Speaker 1: Yes, like that. So we said to rog, look, should we just why wait till the fourteenth, Why don't we just do tomorrow the seventh? And he was more than happy.
Speaker 2: Call it the ultra pivot. You know, we've got a pivot where you'll jump from one thing to another to try and save the day. But this was an ultra p.
Speaker 1: So, like you said, we will be fresh tomorrow now as whereas the fourteenth you're going to wake up, we'll be a bit rusty. You have to try and back it up or.
Speaker 2: Fresh as it's going to be good and excitement's high, it's great a few things. So basically we talked to you guys last time about the article and the fallout and the messages, and it's just it keeps. I guess it didn't last for like two days. It's just it's lingering. So there's a few little comments or a few little dms and stuff that will keep like slipping through and stuff. But Grace's favorite podcast, Happy Hour with Lucy and Nicky, they actually picked up on the story and talking about it on their show. Nice Nice. So I've got the snippet here, we'll play it and we'll get their perspective. Now, these two girls are like one of the biggest podcasts in Australia.
Speaker 1: They're two very.
Speaker 2: Popular girls from over east I think, up from the Gold Coast, and this is their take on the story.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've just.
Speaker 3: Seen something pop up on my feet and let's unpack it on the pod.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you follow.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm having a mind blank Lane.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Lane.
Speaker 2: So the context is Grace has an older sister called Lane, very lovely girl. She goes out with Benny Crocker, XAFL player and very well known in Victoria in Melbourne and the Happy Hour girls know Benny. They're faking with him, right, So that's they're trying to say, oh, do you know Grace, but they're using Lane to get there. Right.
Speaker 3: Benny's girlfriend, Yes, lovely girl Melbourne based like influencer dating our friend Benny. He's a legend.
Speaker 5: Her gorgeous sister.
Speaker 1: Have you seen her sister?
Speaker 5: She's got a gorgeous sister, lives in Perth.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 3: So her and her boyfriend have recently just gone a bit viral in the urals because people are saying that he is punching so much, like because she's so hot and and people are saying like the fact that's she's like way out of his league and stuff and I'm just looking at a photo of them. Fuck, people are harsh, and he actually looks like such a legend, Like let him live.
Speaker 5: He looks like such a jolly chap. It's so fucking nasty is saying that, yeah, and like that may be attracted to just who he is as a person, Like it's not all about what I don't know. I just don't think you should ever like you know, what would that do? Like Hopefully he's just a confident dude and that's fine, but like that's really insulting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's nice of them. Then they were joking about how they rip into people all the time and they're just so it's kind of we're in the same boat as well with who's punching. But finally, the game is the game, bro, So obviously that happened. So the feature happened, and Grapes was like, oh my god, they spoke about us in the podcast and I was like, you know what, jolly chat, I'll take it. Yeah, jolly Chat attracted to me more because of personality. Yeah, awesome, that's great stuff to hear. Good confidence boosters. Then what happened was I got an email and a DM from this TV show yep, yeah, called Love Don't Judge? Have you seen this before?
Speaker 1: I saw it got sent to our email, So I looked it up on YouTube but I haven't watched it. But some of the titles of the videos were pretty crazy.
Speaker 2: Okay, so let me just show you some of them.
Speaker 1: Like from the what I saw on YouTube, I'm thinking, like Jamo is not a freak, like these people like this is kind of rude.
Speaker 2: So we have like fifty year age gaps. Yeah, we have thrupples, men that dresses, women that are with like, yeah, you know, someone that doesn't identify as a human, Like a lot of interesting, interesting people here and there lunching me in with this lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty wild.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: Did they give you a pict or anything like?
Speaker 2: So they were basically like, oh, we're casting for like our show. Yeah, can we just find out a bit more information about you? They probably think I'm slow or something anyway, So kind of taking the piss, I asked them I just send because they were like, I want to jump on a like a call with you, a meeting. I don't want to do a call or a meeting. I just want to feel it out and see it overview. Yeah, I just sent. So they sent through a couple of questions because I said no, I don't want to do the meeting, and then I sent through some voice messages back, very similar to how the article started, and they're like, oh, great, thanks to that, we'll get back to you. I hope they don't get back to me, but if because if they go, all right, we'll fly you both out to English.
Speaker 1: Yeah is that where they shoot it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, Well they might just have a team over here, so yeah, whatever, I don't know much information about it, and then like maybe we can be the odd ones out by being like the more normal of the Yeah, I know you're saying. Yeah, so I don't know. I'm not expecting anything. And I was kind of reluctant to even speak to them at all.
Speaker 1: See what they come back with.
Speaker 2: Well, I thought it would be fun to just test the waders. Yeah, yeah, we've done that. I sent some voice messages back saying and I think they'll be disappointed with how normal I am. All right, so soccer is qualified. Well done Perth.
Speaker 1: I'm very proud. I couldn't believe to turnout for the lack of advertising.
Speaker 2: Hardly advertised and Rob from the kit Dealer made a video and he was like, I'm not getting paid to do this, but as like a football fan, there is a game on in Perth. Yep, yep, Like somehow we've sold heaps of tickets, but I want everyone to be there.
Speaker 1: This is what we do is Perth. We just sell shit out.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: We're sport lovers.
Speaker 2: We do love sports. So it was over fifty seven thousand people, the highest attendance for a soccer who's game in six seven years or something, eight years maybe twenty seventeen. Crazy stuff. So World one, perth and well done Soccer's.
Speaker 1: They qualified again, amazing well pretty much we're not gonna lose eight Niel to us out y.
Speaker 2: Yeah, six or seventh World Cup in a row. So well done. It's weird how we get bunched in with Asia, but I guess we have to because we're our own continent. But you know, it is weird though New Zealand aren't in the Asia thing, are they in? Yeah?
Speaker 1: We used to be in that and have to play like Uruguay and ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember I remember when we qualified six for the first time in forever. It was that penalty shootout against Uruguay and so I think we used to have a harder entry point. Yeah, but now like the Asian teams are pretty good, like Japan's elite. There's a few top ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I'm excited because remember the last World Cup, how up and about we got. We went to the casino to watch us in the round of sixteen, and this is the final we only.
Speaker 1: We could have I will never I'll die on this hill. We nearly like we could have beat Argentine And it sounds crazy to say, but I'm telling you, like you rewatched that game, we had so many oportunities. I know we didn't win, but like we didn't get dominated.
Speaker 2: It would have shifted Messi's legacy completely, as if he lost to Australia, Bro, that would have been insane. And I remember young Garren Quole came on and he had a shot and it was tough.
Speaker 1: But we had our chances in that game, which is crazy, Like there was genuine belief in the air that are we going to do something special here?
Speaker 2: Something like a crown was special? Too's a great place to watch a big sporting event. Was that a three am game? It was like three am? Bro? Yep? Did we just drive there? I'm pretty sure we did.
Speaker 1: I don't even I think, yeah we did.
Speaker 2: We just met there?
Speaker 1: You met us? You met us there?
Speaker 2: Like who were we? I was? We were with?
Speaker 1: Because I was there with Carl's dad wanted to watch the Netherlands because his parents are Dutch. So we watched. Me Carli and Paul went to the first that first game like midnight, and then you came maybe halfway through that or something, and then we watched that and then we the soccer Ruse game and it was packed and we got out the sun was up because it was in summer as well. It was literally like it was like six thirty. Actually.
Speaker 2: I remember driving home feeling sad, but also proud as well, because I was like, damn, we got close.
Speaker 1: It was an immense effort.
Speaker 2: I'm hoping that somehow will fall, like we'll just fall into heaps of money and then be able to go to the next year's World Cups. But it's just so close, and.
Speaker 1: I've got no and it's next Like it's probably going to be obviously, any sporting events expensive, but the American World Cup's going to be the most premium prices you can ever get because they're also doing There's lots going on in America. They're also doing the Enhanced Games next May, which I think would be fun to watch. Yeah, just all these juice heads, see if they can smash world records.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it'd be interesting to see how many get broken.
Speaker 1: Well, I want I don't want him to beat it by like I saw they a Greek guy did a trial and he beat the fifty meter by like point zero two. That's not good enough. You need to smash the world record if you're duicing.
Speaker 2: Well, like one hundred meters in eight.
Speaker 1: I don't want to see one hundred meters. What's Usain Bolts record one point five? So I don't want to see nine point five four and then think you're the man. No, I want to see eight point seven like you're on, like you're steroids. Like there has to be a noticeable difference for it to be impressive.
Speaker 2: Otherwise I have a feeling that no one will beat his record, even due start at them, but they're not built like him.
Speaker 1: I feel like the height is six he's huge.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: They said it was weird that he was so quick right for his for his height, but it helped him.
Speaker 2: But yeah, no, I'm excited for the World Cup. And it just makes me think, like I think we even went to Varsity to watch a game.
Speaker 1: Like we've watched him yet we did.
Speaker 2: We watched a fair few. We watched every Australian game we were, we're all on the Australian train and yeah, I'm very excited. Yeah, yeah that the times might be okay, we'll get like some morning games, like if there's a seven or eight pm it should be like it depends on where it is as well, because it's Canada, USA and Mexico. Yep. But yeah, very oh yeah, there's going to be a big.
Speaker 1: Variety of times and stuff because of how it is. Also Club World Cup happening soon. Yes, but it's like a big tournament now. Yeah, I was kind of weird and the prize money is insane. Yeah, like what even become a big tournament now? Like, I don't It's always been around, but it's kind of been nothing now.
Speaker 2: Because I come from like an AFL background, I don't love how many tournaments. Too many.
Speaker 1: There's too many in soccer.
Speaker 2: Like I'm happy for there to be a Champions League. I love that. I understand the Europa League everything below that.
Speaker 1: Even Europas. The problem with soccer is I think the week to week product isn't the best and the lack of Obviously there are lots of tournaments, but there's no finals in the major leagues, which is fine, They're never going to change. I just think, yeah, it's week to week product doesn't stack up against other sports, whereas like high level soccer is good. But I think the game majority of the time isn't like the best watch. Yeah, you know, what I mean.
Speaker 2: Nowadays, it's like so tactical.
Speaker 1: It's just like there's so yeah, exactly, there's and there's so many tournaments, Like it's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the over saturation of games is nuts.
Speaker 1: Impossible to explain to someone who if you haven't grown up with it, Like the amount of tournaments, Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's nuts. But anyway, let's pivot. I'm got this beautiful message and this is the lady from Grand Haven, Michigan.
Speaker 1: Okay, so she sent.
Speaker 2: A message in twenty twenty three. Yep, Hi, Jam and Dylan, sending you congrats on your two hundredth episode from Michigan, USA. I'm a fifty something year old mum and I look forward to listening to your podcast every Monday. So this is great. And she's just sent in a message a week ago, right message for Jamo about the article on the negative comments. I can't recall the account, but there's an Instagram account showing the profile picks of commenters who post negative comments about celebrities, usually comments about like Selena Gomez or Taylor Swift's weight or face. Yep, these people are old, fat, bald men, very haggish looking women, all very haggish looking women is crazy. Point is you are living your good life and those negative posters are sad, shallow, jealous and ugly. Not sure what makes someone want to post shit like that, but it's nothing good. If you come across that Instagram, it will make you feel a lot better. Love the pod and Jamo's logs being out and about. So that's lovely, lovely friend, Catherine, shout out to you and shout out to your kids for putting you on.
Speaker 1: Yes, about that you.
Speaker 2: Would go into no disrespect to your age, but you would be in the older category of listeners for sure. So we appreciate you and we wish you in Family Good Health Prize. How weird is this? I was supposed to write wonder Prise to find Rog?
Speaker 1: You saw wrong? I'm thinking, what's wrong?
Speaker 2: Prize to Find Wrong? Makes it?
Speaker 1: When he's on tour? Right, Yeah, so he's going away to Europe.
Speaker 2: Said no, it would be awesome for you guys to find Rog while he's in Europe. That would just be a funny thing that's going to happen, Right, this guy goes Prize to Find Rog. Morning Fellers, just listen to this week's potty and hearing that Rog's going to be on a euro trip. It would be so funny if the person, if the first person to spot him and get a selfie, gets a prize or something like fifty bucks. I don't know, just a thought, have a good weekend. No, we won't do that, but we would love for you to send someone send a selfie with Rog. Please, Like you're not going to win anything, you might win our hearts because it would be such a hearts. But now I'm not slinging fifty bucks for you just for finding our mate.
Speaker 1: I think it'll be harder than people think. In his initial spot.
Speaker 2: I don't think a single person will find Rog while he's away. I think he'll weasel his way through crowds, no one will notice him, and he'll get through.
Speaker 1: Fine Rog on the loose boy.
Speaker 2: But I think it would be very, very incredible. And I'm not going to believe any of you unless you have a photo, even if it's a photo from fifty meters away in your zoom, I'll take it. Or like a really good look alike you You don't have to get a photo with him, but if you can get a photo of him roaming the streets, roaming rot roaming Rog having a little gelato on the side or something. We should check in on him when he's away and be like, hey, brother, hey, you going on, like call him up and it will be a courtesy call. We're actually on the Pope's okay. He won't know what's going on because the time's.
Speaker 1: Over all massing.
Speaker 2: Bro, we'd have to go over to find him, because we'd, I reckon, we're the only ones capable of finding him because we know Rognet. Would he be like the lake like a German tab on German racing or something. But no, it'll be awesome to to hopefully. I'm excited for I can't.
Speaker 1: Wait to hear his stories. Get out of the house for once.
Speaker 2: Get Out Boy, Get Out show recommendation. We do these from time to time. I'll give you a couple of things that I've been watching lately. So watched a series on Netflix called Sirens.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I've been wanting to. Carl's been wanting to start it, but I've seen the reviews aren't the best, so I haven't. We haven't begun yet.
Speaker 2: Worth a watch, It's worth it? Yeah, okay, yeah, Like, what what was the IMDb like a seven to three or something something like that. Yeah, so I would give it seven to seven.
Speaker 1: That's pretty decent.
Speaker 2: But it was also it's only five episodes.
Speaker 1: Nothing wrong with that. I don't need no four seasons, and it's it's not like.
Speaker 2: A you need to be paying attention. But it's still a fun watch, okay. And I went into it like I'll probably you know, when you see the top shows on Netflix, I'm similar with you. I'll look at a couple of like ratings or whatever, just to see what I'm getting myself into. But I actually the reason I wanted to watch it was Dad was watching it, and then I walked in while he was watching it, sat there for five minutes, and I was like, no, I like the feel of this. So then yeah, watched it, rated it and would recommend It's not gonna be the best show you watch in your life, but it's something that keeps you thinking and it's a funny time. It is funny, a bit of dark humor as well. We also, I think I said it last time we started Fargo. Yep, good show.
Speaker 1: I think I've seen them. I've watched the movie ago.
Speaker 2: Look at its IMDb ratings.
Speaker 1: The movie is very good.
Speaker 2: I think it's an eight eight, similar similar plot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Hey, yeah, the movie is very good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I've been watching that as well, but that one we're taking a bit more time with because you have to be watching attentively and it's not Yeah, you have to be fully locked in, and sometimes we're just not in that headspace. But I started a show. It was actually a recommendation from my mum. She was watching this show called Brassic Brassic Brassic. It's an English show and I sent it to you boys, and I said, this is like the grown up version of The in between Ers. Yes, and I've watched a few episodes and it's good. It's you're lighthearted, take the piss. Everything's just like unbelievable, like it's a joke, right, but it's just something good to pop on, have a little laugh, easy watch, lighthearted, easy watch. But you have to like the in between Ers or Take the Piss shows like that to enjoy, which we do. So yeah, that's one for the people that like that if you're needing something. But yeah, Brassic good show, some good ideas. They live out in like the middle of nowhere, like a small English country town, and.
Speaker 1: One are those strugglers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're strugglers. They're like there is four of them, similar to the in Between Us, and then a couple of others who like latch on as well. Yep, And yeah, they're living in this town and it's like pretty much a dead end town. Like you're just going to stay there or if you don't get out, you're stuck there.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, and they're all about thirty years old. But they're all struggling like battlers, but some of them want to be battling. Yep. But no, it's a good show. I'd recommend it to anyone that likes in Between Us, So give that a watch. Our guitar Hero Freaks Crazy. We spoke about this just before we started because I saw a video pop up on reels.
Speaker 1: Taking it to the next level.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like they're just staring at the screen. They've got a camera set up and their fingers are going.
Speaker 1: They're not even playing for fun.
Speaker 2: No, they're playing for achievements.
Speaker 1: But like, no, no, not, they're not. They're not being the the front man, you know what I mean. There being nerds about it, a hero being a freak. My mom used to be elite at it. She used to be she could play it like the highest level back in.
Speaker 2: The mid Your mum grow up on instruments at all or no, not that I know of.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think she I'm trying to think. I don't think so. No, she just it's because like we got a Wii and then Guitar came. My brother played it a lot, mum, did we used to I used to play it a fair bit as a kid. Yeah, it was a good, good game. Yeah, no, Guitar Hero.
Speaker 2: I played it a couple of times. I never owned it myself, and I think because I've only played it a couple of times, I never got into it.
Speaker 1: It's fun when you get into it. The Wei is a very inclusive console.
Speaker 2: It involves everyone, and I've actually got our Next thing is how good.
Speaker 1: Was the We It's one of the greatest consoles of all time, and there's no question about it.
Speaker 2: When it first came a revolutionized game.
Speaker 1: It was magnificent, like We Sports Bro. The competitions I used to have with my brother to try and beat.
Speaker 2: Him, Oh, We Sports was incredible. I remember one of my mates had We Sports Resort and had Difference. Yeah, yep, I had that game, and I was so jealous that he had it, and I don't know why I never got it.
Speaker 1: But anyway, now the WE was like that time period when the Wii was just banging.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you this because we've been into the racing lately. There was this really good game. Yeah, g one Jockey like Group one Jockey.
Speaker 1: Right, and we love a Group one.
Speaker 2: You'd have to stand up and just like pretend to be a jockey and use the whip and stuff. Dad would play it. So we got it because Dad wanted it, and I would come home from school. Let's say he would bring me home from school and he'd already have it open and he'd be playing and he'd just be yeah, winning Group ones and stuff. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Parents loved the WE. Everyone did.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I had Mario and Sonic at the Beijing Olympics. That game.
Speaker 2: I fucking I loved that Olympic Games was so I loved that game.
Speaker 1: There was a couple I think I had a beach Cricket one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Good. The beach Cricket I think was we Sport Resort Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: What else? I had a few games on there, obviously your classic Mario. Mum had a shooting game that she loved, a link shooting.
Speaker 2: I don't know, oh what else, Like there's so many good games or even FIFA on it.
Speaker 1: Did you ever have I rented it. I never bought it though, but it was different. Yep, what a what a console it really was, and like everyone just you know, you play a bit of bowling, bit of tennis, like it was a lead bit of golf.
Speaker 2: And they'd be like little easter eggs in the bowling game and like little things you could do.
Speaker 1: I remember when I got it.
Speaker 2: I think I got it on Christmas and I played it for like eight hours straight.
Speaker 1: It was just an addict.
Speaker 2: Bro loved it.
Speaker 1: I couldn't believe that I got a Wii.
Speaker 2: Like, ah, shout out Nintendo boy.
Speaker 1: Tazzi Footy this is kind of sad, like seeing the Heartbreakers. Yeah, it's some of the people involved.
Speaker 2: So Tasmania, for those who don't know, is a big footy state. But they don't have an AFL team, right.
Speaker 1: And the plans are what we thought were locked in for it to happen.
Speaker 2: Seemed to be falling apart day by day and it's due to the government.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they want to throw out the current premiere. Yeah, and he's basically the spearhead behind it. I haven't read too much into I don't know why they want to throw him out, if it's to do with this or if it's to do with other things.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything about that. The political side.
Speaker 1: Of things, that's the main reason.
Speaker 2: But I know that the AFL have said you have to build the new stadium with the roof or whatever. Yeah, but that won't be done if the government doesn't pass it or something. So Look, it's sad because there's been a lot of effort. There's been a lot of planning. They're hiring, like they're trying to hire CEOs and all this stuff.
Speaker 1: Like I've seen him advertising for positions on like seek Bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And I don't understand why they can't just use the ground that's already.
Speaker 1: There, yeah, or like just redevelop it, like redevelop it into like I don't know what it holds now, but add an extra ten or fifteen thousand.
Speaker 2: What they were planning to build was like pretty small. There's like thirty or something.
Speaker 1: So they're not building a big fifty thour No. I thought they they probably had sure to do a Fortyou probably not getting people there, that's the problem. Yeah, But I know Tasmanians love football.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but also like the selfish part of me likes eighteen teams not only an extra buy.
Speaker 1: And hopefully fucking Hawthorne can stop playing there because I'm sick of playing them.
Speaker 2: Their mate.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hardest away trip, fucking free wins for them.
Speaker 2: So that's sad to see.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's pretty like distressing fever one involved tears.
Speaker 2: Like it's sad for sure.
Speaker 1: You thought a footy state would be able to put it together, but I guess not, like if Gold Coast they can. They're still alive. They get about three thousand people at a game. The rabble of the club, even though they're doing really well this season, but yeah, still a rabble of the club for sure.
Speaker 2: Just wanted to talk about my favorite soccer player of all time, Manolo Gabiadini. So obviously I follow him on Instagram and I just like to you know, he's living in one of those Middle Eastern countries.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, like Saudi Dubai or yeah, was he playing football there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Nice, he's playing in like the Dubai second Division, but raking it in, raking it in and just taking the piss because it's such a low level he always just one or two a game, like just winning stuff with this team. So you know how there's Al Hilal in the main Saudi League. He's in another Al Hilal, but it's like Al hell Soccer Club really yeah, so like it's a lower division and a different competition in a different type of area, but yeah, similar names. Loving loving it. But what I'm noticing is that he's got two boys, right, and these boys play heaps of sport and he always posts their achievements and stuff. Yep. Nice, His oldest kid, Tomaso mas Gaberdini, he is winning like best basketball player and best soccer player, and he's going to have to pick between. But I'm going to follow this kid's journey just as much as Manola's, right, So I hope that he ends up having a good career or goes somewhere or does something he's in the does like international schooling and stuff. He's in the AJAX Middle Eastern Academy, so.
Speaker 1: He's like, so he's good.
Speaker 2: He's a part of yeah, part of AJAX. But he's like they post his highlights and stuff and the kids just are free, Like he shouldn't be playing against kids.
Speaker 1: His age I think his dad is the perfect level of footballer for him to surpass as well, Like obviously Messi and Ronaldo's kids unless are probably never going to touch their dads like or even even like Ky Rooney. Like I don't know how good they are, but I'm saying, like, to be as good as or better than Wayne Rooney, he's going to be pretty hard. Whereas like Gabiodini was a pro footballer, had some great moments, but like his son has the genetics, yeah, and the knowledge to be able to surpass him, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So Gabidini's career was predominantly in Italy. His best years.
Speaker 1: Were had a flutter in England.
Speaker 2: Yes, his best years were in Napoli and he was playing alongside Gonzalo Higuaine.
Speaker 1: And Higwayne and a footballer.
Speaker 2: Like Gabidini had, you know, he was like that fifteen goal of season guy. And then he had one really good year where he was Team of the season and I had him on FIFA. It was an eighty two rated Team of the season. Gun come, I was so good.
Speaker 1: Shout out Napoli. They won the league and that was magnificent. And Scott mcdommin ay, I love that he's doing well. Bro, what a footballer.
Speaker 2: And yeah, so then Gabidini went to Southampton. The reason I support Southampton is because of him. Had one of the most incredible starts of his career, seven goals in his first five something along the lines of that. And then Torris Groin heard his like just injuries firstive, wasn't it. Yeah, and that's that's I've lived off that. And then he also there was a game where we were potentially going to get relegated and he scored the winning goal sent Swansea down and that was his big moment for the club. So he's actually a club legend even though he didn't.
Speaker 1: Because he saved years.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, so that's cool, like a cult hero. But yeah, his son hopefully can surpass him in many ways. But excited to see that. And in the AFL obviously we've seen the Dekos brothers, Josh having a great career like premiership players footballer, Yeah, he just gets overlooked, but like he's very good.
Speaker 1: He's just Nick's a god.
Speaker 2: His dad's legacy probably big up, like Josh would probably have the third legacy. Nick will probably probably already be an f in a flag year. That's a good one up already. But I think Nick is he can get a few brown lows. He's destined. He's a freak anyway, sick.
Speaker 1: All these clubs getting father sons man.
Speaker 2: Voice message here, let's quickly bang through it. Deal's got to go to or work.
Speaker 1: Oh, I can't wait until tomorrow. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: What a day. All right?
Speaker 1: This is from a great fan just.
Speaker 2: A long time, A long time listener came to our live show Beyond the Valley. Just really appreciate this person.
Speaker 4: Boys, I just listened to the recent potty I know that I'm a bit late, Sorry about that. I was just listening to the part where you were telling stories about sending texts to the wrong people. And I have a story for you. I so I was younger. I was like a teenager at this time. I tried to sneak someone into the house with my when my parents were asleep. But when I was like bringing them into my room, my brother saw and like we made eye contact, and he's, look.
Speaker 2: He's my younger brother.
Speaker 4: He's not gonna say anything. It's fine. But then I wasn't really paying attention. So really quickly I messaged my brother saying, don't tell Dad about Charlie.
Speaker 1: Person Charlie.
Speaker 4: And then I wasn't looking promptly, I get a notification from my dad saying who's Charlie? So I texted at my dad instead of my brother.
Speaker 2: And all hell brokelers, that's such a stitch.
Speaker 1: Dad's in bed bro probably looking at the punt for tomorrow, looking at the races, going I loving Warm, Magnificent and horse and then tox plate. Then he sees it, don't tell dad about who's broad?
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: Who's Charlie? Bro out of bede it off.
Speaker 2: He's just got nothing on it as well.
Speaker 1: After and she's got what's wrong? He goes someone in my fucking house, grabs him.
Speaker 2: Up the stairs, grabs him by his head, oh, by his ear, tosses him off the balcony. Oh man, But no, that's a stitch up, Like you're trying to be sneaky. You think it's so fun and cool, and then you try and text your younger brother and you text your dadrook Rook. That would be scary, though I hope that's not his real name either. People recognize voices on this show, Oh, they do, no doubt about that I even think this girl was tied up in a story with another listener that we thought they would just never be connected. And yeah, they were all involved in the same story and they knew from like voices. Yes, that's happened before, but with this girl. Oh yeah, yeah, anyway, that is true. We appreciate her support. We appreciate all your guys support as well. Always Who's Puncher We've regretted, so check it out. Unfortunately, once again this has happened where we had four couples and then we realized that one of them was sent in from a wrong email, a different email, not the same name as the people in there.
Speaker 1: Can't be done.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, that's illegal. We're eagle eyed, and we realized on the episode. It'd be nice we realized beforehand. But whatever, We've got three new couples on the Who's Punching episode that will come out probably on Thursday. But yeah, get ready for us. You'll hear from us again in a couple of weeks. And yeah, have a good week everyone, Thanks for tuning. Jam Packed up. Had to squeeze it all in a bit quicker today because Deal's got to go off and do his thing. But yeah, have a good day, have a good week. You soon, see you soon.