Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on Gadiical Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 3: I'm Britney Sawndons and I'm all right, hey, and you're sorry that's your part? Will you say it now?
Speaker 2: I've made your way onto our close friends list.
Speaker 1: Because you don't put the juiciest goss on your main story.
Speaker 3: You keep it for your close friends.
Speaker 1: I feel like this episode, by the way, is.
Speaker 3: A really close friendly close friends. We're talking about parties that we're having.
Speaker 2: And you're all invited, and I've coined a new term. Yeah, I've got something new to tell you all. I think it's quite revolutionary, honestly, because we're in the era of quietness, if you will, you've seen trends online of like quiet luxury. Yes, where it's like, you know, a few years ago, it was more about flashy items and holding the bag with the branding on it. You know, you always want you wanted people to know that you had money, whereas now quiet luxury is more like I'm spending my money and no one's actually knowing it about it. For that, I'm all for that too.
Speaker 1: Because like I feel like, especially now, when I see like designer things with logos and everything all over it, I think it's just from Bali. You reckon, Yeah, and when you go to Bali everyone is walking around with fucking parata.
Speaker 3: This Louis Vuitton.
Speaker 2: That so obvious though, it's so obvious when it's fake.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, But I feel like even if you had a real one and you're in Bali walking around with it, I think people would assume it's fake, which I was. Yeah, everything is fake over there, so it's like embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had the real Louis Vuitton and the real Prata and the Louis Vuitton's shoes in Bali.
Speaker 1: Everyone would think it's automatically fake, Like the airport is full of fake bags.
Speaker 3: I've always wondered as well, like what is everyone's.
Speaker 1: Fascination with going over there and buying all that fake stuff?
Speaker 2: I don't know what is it? Because is it the fun of it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Do you know what? Enough funny story though? Is I bought a fake Louisvuton wallet. Have I told this on the podcast before where I bought the fake Louis Viton wallet. Then I went into Louis Vuitton to buy my actual first purchase, which was the backpack, and it was so embarrassing because do you buy the backpack? I had to pull out my fake Louis Vuton wallet and get my card out to pay for the backpack.
Speaker 3: No, they would have known.
Speaker 2: Awkward anyway, that was me quiet luxury. We're in that era. We're in the era of quiet luxury. Quiet quitting as well. That's a new one that I've seen on TikTok.
Speaker 3: I don't like quiet, boss, I don't like quite quitting.
Speaker 2: No, quiet quitting more so in like friendships, when when the friend isn't you know, instead of making a big deal of it, which I feel I've always been a quiet quitter. Yeah, instead of making a big deal of it, you just slowly drop that person out of your life, You phase yourself out, You do it quietly. Right. Well, I've got a new term that I've come up with and I'll be putting a trademark on it. It's called quiet celebrating. Okay, So now I've been talking about planning my thirtieth this year.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we go on Fiji.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll still do that, but I'm going to hold you to it. Yeah I'm not even kidding, like I'm ready when you are.
Speaker 1: Same, But we could record an episode from Fiji.
Speaker 3: Yeah bullah.
Speaker 2: Sitting by the Poolanka for listening. Oh my god, now you've got my mind running. Well, surely we're doing a Fiji high Scrollers Fiji.
Speaker 3: Just take a couple of microphones, set it up by the pool.
Speaker 2: Do they have any I can come? Do they have any casinos school in high scrollers in Fiji? We could do a high scrollers photo shoot. See. Then the whole thing's taxt deductible. But anyway, it.
Speaker 3: Kinda has to be there to edit it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can shower her, yeah, because she'll have to edit it while we're there because it'll need to go up like straight away, so it's.
Speaker 3: Like at the same time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a work trip, yeah work. Yeah, and it just so happens to be across my birthday as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, that just happens, just so happened to happen.
Speaker 2: Anyway, the point is quite celebrating. So originally I wanted that big party in Sydney, probably rooftop vies, blah blah blah. I've been doing the maths and everything like that, and like to genuinely do the party that I wanted to, like it would honestly cost me almost like twenty five thirty grand. You're fucking kidding, yeah right, And I went, nah, we were not doing that, fucked But even if I did it on the cheap, like fifteen grand minimum surely.
Speaker 3: For a birthday, but you're paying.
Speaker 2: Like, wait, let me do the maths because now it made me feel like weird about that.
Speaker 3: That's no, I'm just saying, like that's extreme.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sixteen and a half thousand people, sixteen and.
Speaker 1: A half thousand people making money always follow us.
Speaker 2: No, sixteen and a half grand to do it on the minimum because you pay like per person per head, and there's like the drinks package and everything like that on top of the sixteen and a half that was just for food. If I want one hundred and fifty people.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fucking so many.
Speaker 2: I've got a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: You may as well just get married there and caught your wedding too.
Speaker 2: Do you know that my family, like just my dad's side of the family is fifty people in themselves.
Speaker 3: That's insane, right.
Speaker 2: You're telling may babe, I don't want to invite them all. But you know, it's one of those things where it's a trickle down effect. It's like, oh, well, if I invite the Arnie and I've got to write their kids, and then if I write their kids, I've got to fight the other nie uncle's kids. And then suddenly I've got fifty bloody paper on the invitation and I'm like, why did we sprout so many offsprings in this family? But anyway, so it's one of those things. I mean, if I could do it the way, you know, to keep it cheap, I could probably well, none of my family would come because once you invite one, you got invite.
Speaker 1: See, my family is so fucking small, like I don't have it jealous like.
Speaker 3: I have like basically no family like this. It's not a big family at all.
Speaker 2: Right, Well, can't relate. And that's why it's going to cost me sixteen and a half grand just for the food. Then the drink's package on top, which is about another ten grand.
Speaker 1: Then you've got Christmas party isn't even going to cost that much you've.
Speaker 2: Got, you know, balloons, decorations, events, catering, sorry, not catering, I'm cake, you know, balloons, entertainment, blah blah blah blah yah, I'm looking at thirty five grand I went absolu fuckoutely not No. So what I've decided to do is actually what I did. I went away with one of my friends for her thirtieth a couple of weeks ago. You would have seen it on the Instagram, and we went up to kill Care on the Central Coast and we had like a quiet celebration for her thirtieth. It was just like about ten to twelve of us. We stayed in the house. It was very like Friday night Fibes, which is two nights. Friday Night was like, you know, we had a nice home cooked meal, drank some wine, had some chats. Saturday we went out for a fabulous lunch. Saturday night, we you know, had a game snide and had a charcoterie board and I made pizza for everyone and we again drank wine. And then Sunday we went home and it wasn't like this big epic like celebration, really you know, loud party to celebrate the thirtieth, it was like this, that's nice, quiet kind of celebration, and I think I've decided that that's what I want to do for my thirtieth. I am no longer interested in a big, stunning party with one hundred and fifty people. I just want like five of my closest friends to go away to a house for the weekend and just do that. It was honestly like the best way to celebrate, And so I'm coining the term quiet celebrations or quiet celebrating where you can basically just celebrate but without the big show, which is so unlike me. And then you think, you know, because I think for a long time I also felt guilty about not putting on a show and celebrating lavishly, if that makes sense. Like I just thought it's my thirtieth, like for obviously now I'm going to have this big bash, whereas now I'm like, you know what, Actually, one don't want to spend the money, and two it's such a small amount of time. I think that's the good thing about the quiet celebration that we did over the weekend for my friend is instead of like a five hour party where you've got to get around and run around and talk to everyone, and it was like a weekend and it was really like slow, but like slow in a good way.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So I'm obsessed with that. So I know a couple weeks ago, I was talking about celebrating my thirtieth and doing a whole bunch of things now, stuff that you can all get stuffed. You can send a gift to my pos for all I care.
Speaker 1: I feel like you're really reaching your thirties now, Matt, because it's a very thirty thing of.
Speaker 3: You to do.
Speaker 2: You reckon, Well, I'm out of my clubbing hero as well. It's over geriatric now. Put me in palliative care because I am done. What did you do for your thirtieth?
Speaker 3: I had no plans for my thirtieth?
Speaker 2: But then is that when we surprised you? Or is that your thirty first?
Speaker 3: No, thirtieth?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: And then yeah, I had no. I don't give a fuck about my birthday. The last time I cared about my birthday when I was like seventeen, so I never have anything on. And then all of the work girls and AJ and yourself and Kate planned a fucking surprise dinner and actually like successfully did it.
Speaker 3: And it was a Friday night.
Speaker 1: We'd worked all week in the office, and I thought I was just going out to dinner with my friends Wade and Jess, like just the three of us, not even AJ, just going out for dinner to this restaurant called light Years in Newcastle. And so I finished work that day, like every Friday, we're always like in the office at the end of the day saying like, what's.
Speaker 3: Around doing this weekend? Blah blah.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, what's the round doing this weekend and all the girls were like, oh, like, you know, nothing, blah blah. I did not pick up on it at all. Then I went home. I quickly got changed, and then Wade was going to come pick me up, and that I should have picked up on that, because it's not like Wade to pick me up to go anywhere like use so just uber and meet him or like AJ will drive me in or whatever. So that should have been my first clue. And Wade came and picked me up and he was driving so fucking slow, like painfully fucking slow, and I remember going like we were in this eighty zone and he was doing like sixty And I fucking hate people that are in an eighty zone that do sixty, And I'm going to him, why the fuck are you driving so slow? This is an eighty zone, Like I was having to go at him for driving like a snail. And then he's like, oh, I've got to pick something up from my hair salon because he owns a hair salon, Like five minute walk from the restaurant. So then we're going to the hair salon and I hate being late, Like my thing is we've got to be on fucking time. So I'm messaging Jess like Wade's got to pick something up.
Speaker 3: She's like I'm on my way, babe.
Speaker 1: And then Wade's taking forever, like stalling in the hair salon and like doing his hair and whatever.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, horry the fuck up.
Speaker 1: Then it's like, honestly, maybe a ten minute walk at most from wade salon to the restaurant. He's walking so fucking slow, like it was pissing me off so bad, and I should have picked up that he was stalling, like and he was like, my shoes off, my shoes are rubbing, like he was playing on his shoes, and then he stopped and like take the shoe off. He's like I just got these and they're rubbing on my feet and I'm like, hurry the fuck up.
Speaker 3: Jess is there.
Speaker 1: Jess is messaging me saying, oh, here, walk in the door. It's fucking all of you, is like all the girls from work.
Speaker 3: AJ.
Speaker 1: I just said bye to Aj at home. AJ's there.
Speaker 2: He swapped his shirt and he went yeah.
Speaker 1: And like AJ didn't give it away either, Like we went home from work together and he saw me getting ready and he's like, I was panicking because you were gonna leave, and then I had to quickly get dressed and leave as well.
Speaker 3: And I was like, you fucking assholes, but you pulled it off.
Speaker 1: And all the girls said in the afternoon at work, they were like, it's trying so hard to not say see.
Speaker 3: Tonight, like to anyone, but you actually.
Speaker 1: Fucking pulled it off except me except Matt was late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's why I was stalling, because I was like, I'm literally running, like I'm right here.
Speaker 3: Wait.
Speaker 1: Was stalling all that time because of Matt and Kate coming from the Central Coast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because we just ran into i mean Friday afternoon traffic coming from obviously Sydney, but it.
Speaker 3: Was still surprised that you guys came. Yeah, yeah, that's what I did for my thirtieth. But I have no plans.
Speaker 1: I'm like, fuck it, I don't want to do anything for my birthday anymore. I think the next thing I want to do for a birthday is either my thirty fifth or my fortieth. I want to be like on a yacht in fucking Italy thirty fifth.
Speaker 2: That's fun. Yeah, fuck it, we celebrate now thirty fifth.
Speaker 3: Now why am I going to wait till forty?
Speaker 1: If the timing is right, I'm going on a yacht for my thirty fifth, somewhere in Italy. Okay, private yacht coming, yeah, Actually it's going to be a fight.
Speaker 2: Yacht, a fate yacht yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Fate mobile but on the water. Yeah, that's see you there.
Speaker 3: Let's imagine if that actually.
Speaker 1: Happens, will be able to come back to this episode and manifest it?
Speaker 3: Will it will?
Speaker 2: I'm all about it. Are you shouting my trip or like?
Speaker 1: Then it's content like it's a work trip again. It's just so just so happened to land on my birthday. You know what is happening to us? Everything just lines up so well.
Speaker 2: But do you know what's fucked is like, unfortunately that's the way the world works. Yeah, you could literally claim it on tax if you you did that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because we're going to do a shoot there as well, and then we can do a podcast from the fucking yacht. Yeah, and Hannah's got to be there because she needs to eat it the episode.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we can take a few scrollers with us because then that's a work trip as well. We do like a giving away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's coming to my thirty fifth, so four years from now, look out.
Speaker 2: I would actually love to do that though, is just do an event and say everyone come to my Like I know, it's a really I don't know if it's narcissistic or self centered, but to be like I'm having my thirtieth buy a ticket to my thirty and tickets like five fucking dollars, but it's just to secure your spot, you know what I mean. Well, that was maybe they're free and there's only a limited amount of things, and I'm like, everyone just come and celebrate my birthday. But I put the tickets out to anyone in the world to come.
Speaker 1: Well, that was like we did an event last year Fate and Wildfire Shoes just it wasn't even to celebrate any kind of launch. They just kind of said, do you want to do an event with us, like an influencer event in Brisbane, and we were like absolutely, like count us in. So we invited a bunch of influencers and creators, but then we went fuck it. We sold tickets to our followers, like our customers, because we didn't want it to be just influencers at this event. So then it was like a mix of like community and influencers.
Speaker 3: So that was a slagh.
Speaker 2: Was it a success?
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, loved it nice.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that's some I mean, that's totally different for you. But I mean I don't know if doing it as my birthday party every extra I don't know if that would be. Imagine if I did a birthday party then had two separate sections VIP and all.
Speaker 1: That idea general public that was floated around because we were working. No shame to them, not that they're fucking listening to close friends, but I think there was like some events company involved in the middle of organizing it, and they floated the idea on one of the calls one day. I wasn't on the call, but to like the Fate Girls saying like, we're gonna have a little roped off section for some of the influencers, okay, And I was like, no fucking way, Like I'm no one, but I'm Britney Lee Saunders. If anyone's going to be in a roped off section, it would be me. But I would never in a million years do that. Like ill imagine like influencers over there and the norms out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, no, no fucking way.
Speaker 2: Hose Well, I almost got my When I originally wanted to do the big rooftop thing, the other thing that I thought was how do I get a brand on board? How do I get this sponsored? Because I was like, if it's gonna cost thirty five grand to do it all, then I'm going to go all.
Speaker 1: Out and will not feel like real like I always think when you see influencers get things sponsored like events and weddings and shit like, does it feel like work because maybe you have to tag them and shit.
Speaker 2: Well, I think what would happen was because this was when I was doing one hundred and fifty people, and again it would be like fifty family, fifty friends, and probably fifty industry is how it went in my brain, and so basically the selling point would be, well, you're going to have so many influencers in the room, and you know you're branding. You know, if I wanted, like a particular alcohol brand to sponsor the event, and we'd have a media wall with like my logo and the alcohol company's logo and whoever else, And I want to red carpet with media wall, like I'm invarting the Daily Mail, like I'm invarting Susan Mattezi. She'll get an article out of it, you know what I mean. Like I'm doing all those things to make it into a big birthday bash. But also i'd probably, you know, I have my management who can take care of all that stuff and make sure I get all the content on the nine and blah blah blah. You know, got people who can sort that out for me. So that was considered. I really considered that, and then I went, it's all too hard and I don't have the brain capacity to worry about that. Luxury all the way, quiet luxury, all the way. That is the That is the moral of this close Friend's episode for you. All quiet, celebrating quiet luxury, quiet quite life. Unless you're listening to the high scrollers because we are not very here. Sorry about that, but anyway, I'm going to go and live my quiet life this weekend, so we better wrap this up. Anything else you want to say today, Nah.
Speaker 1: Just see you on a yacht for my thirty fix.
Speaker 2: I don't because I can't wait.
Speaker 3: Just something to look forward to.
Speaker 2: Honestly, Well, we've still got Fiji first. Yeah, I'm thinking of bringing it forward, by the way, Okay, because I don't know my birthdays at the end of October. I don't know whether October and November a good.
Speaker 1: Time, Rainy, let's go a little sooner.
Speaker 2: I think we might have to go August. September. Yeah, September is the latest you can push it. So let's let's see how we go with that. All right. We might invite our scrollers too.
Speaker 3: If you're you're invited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just saying like, we'll go to this island book accommodation. Oh hang on, bloody second March. Shut all right, I'll be declaring bankruptcy to take the scrollers to Fiji. But anyway we'll go. We'll let you know when it is and we can all party on beach Kaimber island or something.
Speaker 3: As a beach comber in the center goes anyway, don't tell anyone about it.
Speaker 2: Remember what happens in close friends, days in close friends. Thank you.