Speaker 1: Apogae Production. Welcome back to another episode of Am I A Bad Mum? Podcast? We are so close to Christmas?
Speaker 2: Is it true? Like six weeks?
Speaker 3: Ye?
Speaker 2: Six weeks or five weeks out from Christmas?
Speaker 1: I feel like it's only three weeks left of school, three weeks three or four?
Speaker 2: That means four for me.
Speaker 3: That means my child's four weeks off of graduating. Yeah, primary school school.
Speaker 1: That's a milestone.
Speaker 2: Yay loiesus.
Speaker 1: Do you do a lot for Halloween? I know we've just had Halloween.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we do because the area that we live in is quite inundated with people. Because it's sort of like everyone's caught on that in the village. Everyone sort of joins in, and so we do. We get right into it. I bought Halloween things for the front, and we get right into it. And I feel like I've just pulled down the giant spider to be able to put up a Christmas tree.
Speaker 2: I haven't put the Christmas tree up yet. No good.
Speaker 1: So we were home on Halloween. Actually the girls are both working now, they're working girls, and I was like working girls, working girl. But I got home from taking them to work and Day was sat there and he had a Halloween mask on. He'd got the lollies out of the pantree and he'd put like this little halloween thing out on the front porch, which like when you walk close to it, it's like scared. It's like, ah, scaredgy. And he looked really miserable, and I went, what's wrong? And he went, we haven't had one single trick or tree.
Speaker 2: Really, did you have anyone come to the door?
Speaker 1: Not one single person? Do you know what he said to me? Since your fault? So why, he said, Because you dig out lollies from seven years ago that you never let the kids have when they did trickle tree, and that's why no one comes to our house anymore. Oh my god, you're the crazy lady down the street that brings out old lollies.
Speaker 2: Am I bad mom.
Speaker 1: For comparing them to when we were teenagers?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Look, we talk about this a bit, don't we. Yeah, we're not that old. We're not that far off being teenagers.
Speaker 1: When I was talking to them the other day about driving, I was like, I've been driving since I was seventeen, And then I did the math.
Speaker 2: No, I don't, I know.
Speaker 3: It feels so much more fresher when you say no, I've been driving since I was seventeen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they weren't saying I've been driving for twenty four years.
Speaker 2: You don't say that it's horrible. Don't count it. That's a lot of years. Yeah, I know, just staying with the fresh comment, like, you know.
Speaker 1: Since I was seventeen, seventeen, Yeah, just a few years ago, far away at all. I feel like we compare them a lot to when we were teenagers, because I feel like we were a lot more resilient than they are now. We've allowed them to be children for longer, we had all the whole. When I think about the time I was allowed to walk home on my own in the dark through the graveyard eleven pm, it's crazy. Now now it's.
Speaker 3: Like, no, they're out the front waiting for their uber that well, we've created these monsters, have We've allowed it to happen.
Speaker 1: But I had an appointment booked to see a naturopath. I've wanted to do this for years and I never have. And I was like, I feel like I'm the sort of person that will see an advert for some sort of greens powder or cow's liver capsule or whatever it might be, and I literally see it and go, I need that. That's what I need, And then I have it, and then I don't feel any different, and then I move on to the next thing that someone's advertising me. Like, honestly, I'm like a marketer's dream. I literally everything I see, I'm like, yep, I need that.
Speaker 2: I'll try it.
Speaker 1: So I got to the point where I was like, I don't know what I need? Do I need that? Stuff? Like? What am I deficient in? How do I know what I'm deficient in? Why do I never feel any better from taking these vitamins and stuff? Do I even need them? So I went to see a naturopath bought some sort of vitamin powder for ninety dollars. I don't even know what it does.
Speaker 2: I even know. I was like, just because she said you needed it or you were lacking in something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't even know. I just was likely, So if you're telling me that I need that, then I need that.
Speaker 2: At least you're taking a box.
Speaker 3: By finally getting to see naturopath, that's too good to start.
Speaker 1: So anyway, I'm in there and she said to me, what supplements do you take? And so I said, oh, you know, I take vitamin D and sometimes I take a probitic I forgot some left. Sometimes I might have a Vitamin C if it's on special in coals, and so it's just a little bit of Witch's back. And we just got on too talking about the kids. Yeah, I said, I bought Lemmy gummies because the kids were telling me that that's what we needed. Shed Lemmy gummies are like, yeah, you know, the the Krny Kardashian her brand. And I take the debloat ones, which are good for gut health. And I said, and the sea moss. She went, wow, isn't that crazy that your fifteen year old children talking about needing sea moss? I said, yeah, we never did that when we were teenagers. Could you imagine ever talking about needing sea moss or any vitamins or any wellness anything when we were teenagers. I'm like, my kids have now turned sixteen. My kids are talking about Lemmy gummies, They're talking about ancestral nutrition, liver capsules, they're talking about sea moss. I was like their age. I was working in the cloak room of a nightclub being paid in speed.
Speaker 2: I was waiting for so.
Speaker 3: Did the natural mouth literally just dropped like they're like, what the fuck am I dealing with you? Yet?
Speaker 2: Look, I'm also on the other side of it.
Speaker 3: I would never just take gummies or beef livered tablets because the Kardashians told me so, Like, I just wouldn't. It's just not the way I do think. So I would be this, I'd be like, oh, that's cool.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because also in this day and age, we scroll through Instagram or whatever you're having a look at, and every influencer is advertising something something, but you don't know what to believe because they're all being paid for it.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, That's what I mean. So I just don't believe any of them.
Speaker 2: It's just it's clear.
Speaker 3: Also, the other part of it is is like it's so interesting and I find the whole Like your girls are sixteen now, you know they must be really interested in that side of things, like well being and like what you're putting into your body. And I was talking to a couple of other girls and they were like, they're very opposed drinking alcohol. I remember being their age, I was not a posed to drinking alcohol. I just had to do it without getting caught.
Speaker 2: Yea. Now it's a flip.
Speaker 1: It's so interesting because it's also so yes the teenagers, but also the early twenties. It's that, like gen Z, there's an age group that, oh, so much healthier than us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: One of the mums in I'm gonna let you guess which one it is, but one of the moms.
Speaker 2: Out of the group of friends.
Speaker 3: We were doing a workout the other day and she's telling me about how, oh my god, Rachel I found these amazing alcohol free ciders.
Speaker 1: Oh Emma, did she add to this.
Speaker 3: She's like, they're so good, like they genuinely taste like cider and they're like alcohol free and this.
Speaker 2: And I was like, babe, just drink soda water. What do you need that for? She because, well, I want to feel like I'm having to drink.
Speaker 3: I was like, but she goes, but I'm not having a drink, you know, like I'm really saving and they only have a drink on the weekend. I said, number one, I'm so proud of you for making that change. I said, but number two, drink side of four that's alcohol.
Speaker 2: Just drink water.
Speaker 3: Just have a soda water. It will give you the effect of the bubbles. And she was like, no, you just need to try it. Oh, I couldn't think of anything worse.
Speaker 1: I am not a fan of that either. I'm like, if I am going to drink a non alcoholic wine, for example, and it hasn't got the alcohol and it what's the point?
Speaker 2: Nah, just waste calorie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want a bottle of I don't want to drink a bottle of something that's like loaded with sugar and all of that stuff.
Speaker 2: I'd just rather drink soda water.
Speaker 3: But in saying that, this whole wave of alcohol free drinks that are available now, that's insane. It's so good to see, actually, and I really support it. I'm not supporting the companies by financially backing them and buying the product because you still like I drunk.
Speaker 2: But I do love it for other people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, love it for other people. Good on you.
Speaker 2: I don't drink every day. We know this, This is a fact. I love to.
Speaker 3: Still, though, have a gen and Tonic on the weekends. Come on, you need a sometimes. We know there's nights where you just one quiet gener Tonic might just.
Speaker 2: Help you go to sleep. Yeah, well five, If I have five, I'm on the other side, We're gone.
Speaker 3: Out the party side.
Speaker 2: Clearly I didn't come from the same gen Z group.
Speaker 1: No, Like, yes, we're more unhealthy. I'm aware of that. Like we didn't grow up with you know, we were so different thinking about Sea Moss. No, geez were fun.
Speaker 2: I'm just here for the vibes, guys.
Speaker 3: And then all of the kids turn around and they're like sober as a judge, and there's us in the background.
Speaker 2: We're just like one of those fun moms, guys.