Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne, Jason Lauren starting morning the right away. Great, this is Jason Lauren Nogel one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everybody. And hey, hey, hey already Tuesday.
Speaker 3: I know how good to that?
Speaker 2: Well, I mean, honestly, the weekend's pretty much.
Speaker 3: What would you prefer a public holiday on a Monday or Friday?
Speaker 2: I was thinking about this in the shower, Actually lost were you? I'd prefer Monday, me too, because Friday's Fridays holiday.
Speaker 3: Anyway, four day weekends, I like it.
Speaker 2: I like it morning. How is everybody goose?
Speaker 3: It's a literally I love a long weekends. The weather is so good, but you get a little out of practice for the wake up this morning.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah. I was chatting with my sisters yesterday because they're in Brisbane, just making sure they're like they're all right with the flooding, and said, oh my, poor Systere. Michelle's got major dramas going on. What the French A penny tree fell down in the backyard. So now Japan, now she can see the ugly shipping container in the neighbors backyard.
Speaker 3: I don't think franchipanny is a good cyclone plants.
Speaker 1: Now, what's in the what's in the shipping container?
Speaker 3: Tiny home?
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe maybe not.
Speaker 3: Don't go incriminating the neighbors when you know nothing about what they're doing.
Speaker 2: Ideas, what was in the shipping container?
Speaker 3: Do tell?
Speaker 2: What's the idea? We can't incriminate the neighbors.
Speaker 3: Well, you brought it up.
Speaker 1: Someone needs a new French a panny.
Speaker 2: She does. Indeed, I was like, okay, so that's the update on the storm, or we'll get right on the Actually may have said I'll get Clinke to get their current affair crew around. Oh okay?
Speaker 1: Is that just get Ali landed on the dog and bird?
Speaker 2: Okayib neighbors at war?
Speaker 3: I thought about the franchipanny or the shipping container shipping container?
Speaker 2: I mean the linked you know, how's.
Speaker 3: That throwing franchipan? He's in the shipping cap.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's friends of betties that are growing in there. How's your fiancees? Family? Everyone all good?
Speaker 3: They're all okay up there. I think they're all over each other's company, though they'd like to get out and out again, but no, everyone is safe and well, thank you for asking.
Speaker 2: Apparently apparently groceries and stuff for a fortune.
Speaker 3: Well there's nothing in the Supermarke.
Speaker 2: And they're jacking up the price of everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the problem. There's no food coming in and out because the floodwaters. Friends of mine who had no power on the Gold Coast for four days got all their power back last night, so hopefully it's all starting to get.
Speaker 1: Back to normal.
Speaker 2: I felt like I was working with you on the weekend Clink. Well, my sister Laticia, they lost power so they couldn't see the TV or anything, so she's texting me for updates and I'm sitting there watching you on weekend to that.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, what's fun.
Speaker 2: They're dragging it out. I'm waiting there, get an update soon.
Speaker 1: I sat in that studio for six hours on Saturday. It was a long ship.
Speaker 3: You got Karl and not Elie what's her name, Sarah Sarah Sarah were hosting in the rain, standing in their raincoats, and then they kept cutting back to you in the comfort of the studio, the hot coffee, all the power you could desire.
Speaker 1: Six that's living six hours. What did you talk about? It's a lot to talk about with my co host.
Speaker 3: Well, like what we what were doing? Because they were doing news, what we do.
Speaker 1: We did the rest of the day's news.
Speaker 3: You know, like spaghetti bolonnaise, seven ways that you could cook.
Speaker 1: No time for that.
Speaker 3: You didn't get the footy was back. Wasn't that fun? Did everyone love it? No?
Speaker 1: I just I just feel miser I just so underwhelmed. Yeah, the prize was ca It's I mean, just two matches. I know they were meant to be four, but it's like, let's ditch opening around this.
Speaker 3: He was in here the other day, he was like, why don't we playing every single state a national game?
Speaker 1: Felt like a little bit of a dicteeth. Yeah, I mean I went on Friday night to the SCG. I can't remember a lot of it because I had a few shard knays. Maybe that was the problem. Maybe I should have paid more attention.
Speaker 3: Maybe you wouldn't have been so bored if you had have watched it.
Speaker 2: You should watch the game back. It'll be it'll be like you're watching it for the first time.
Speaker 3: Was it pouring in Sydney?
Speaker 1: It was a bit.
Speaker 2: It was a bit.
Speaker 3: Damn, these guys are at my house and I couldn't get rid of them.
Speaker 2: We got money to go nice and early this morning. Your chance is here in five thousand dollars. All you have to do is hit up the Novaplayer app to register and then how is this going to How this is going to go down? Is we're going to ring someone back just before six.
Speaker 3: Thirty ring ring A ring, ring is not what you want to hear. The longer it rings, the less you win.
Speaker 2: We're got to go from Plice Academy joining us still more the sound effects.
Speaker 3: Well, you weren't contributing anything.
Speaker 2: What I like is look on your face at the second ring.
Speaker 3: Now to keep going.
Speaker 1: Just each other like what is going on?
Speaker 3: Well you didn't say a thing, like you had no idea what was going on? So I was trying to play the game out in lifetime. Answer it quickly, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: The quickie you answer, the more money trying.
Speaker 3: To do the sound effects.
Speaker 2: When we do it, you win. Absolutely, yeah, absolutely terrific. Hey, just before we move on here at nover, can I say massive thank you to Lozzi the Queen for hosting the team on Friday afternoon.
Speaker 3: Well, we had a team lunch and then somehow everyone was invited back to my house and I had no part in it.
Speaker 1: Oh, just it doesn't it always happen it's sort of always.
Speaker 3: We went for lunch, and then what happened was that Jace the Queensland that can't handle it being hot. It was such a beautiful day and we're like, let's sit around and have a few wines in the sun. Oh no, get me inside keeping Burns beautiful restaurant where all the doors opened up, and he kept making us close them because he wanted to sit the fridge inside.
Speaker 2: It was quite warm and the direct.
Speaker 3: Sunlight there was no sun coming through, it was just air.
Speaker 2: And then I was chatting with your fi. Paul was there, and Paul was like, we should have everyone back of the house. Can you ask Lauren? Because I can't. Oh.
Speaker 3: He came out and said everyone should go back to our house. I went, no thanks, and I stayed in the sun. And I made them all stay there and enjoy the actual public environment instead of just being the ten of us study.
Speaker 1: Together, somewhere that you can be waited on, you know, the bar where you can order drinks.
Speaker 3: Also, just some other people. Aren't you sick of seeing all these ten people all the time? There were other real life humans.
Speaker 1: Because the table that we had for lunch was like a people parade. As well. You could see you good people watch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it was a private room so there was.
Speaker 2: No like had to get out there by four point thirty. That could be stuff everyone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had dinner as.
Speaker 1: So how did it go? How? N How was the hospitality at Chateau Philip.
Speaker 3: My house is like, if you come over, help yourself, make yourself home. I'm not walking around serving your drinks. It's a real light. You're welcome, but make yourself.
Speaker 2: We broke out the dress up box.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I was m I a of course, so I was sort of watching this.
Speaker 3: Came to lunch all of one hour and took coffigain. Yes, players, you had to go and get on the wines at the football.
Speaker 2: It was a great night. And then on Saturday the heat continued. Don't get angry at me, Just promise you won't get angry.
Speaker 3: What have you done? Did you steal something from my house?
Speaker 2: I haven't stolen anything from your house. Jesus on Saturday?
Speaker 3: Is you steal from my house?
Speaker 2: I went shopping?
Speaker 3: Oh you got it?
Speaker 1: You got a slushy?
Speaker 3: Are they readily available?
Speaker 2: I got the Ninja slushy machine.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, thank you, Clint. It doesn't look like it takes up that much arrow, quite narrow.
Speaker 2: The margaritas were flowing in forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Where did you get it?
Speaker 2: You're on the list, I'm on the list.
Speaker 3: Hasn't arrived. Did you take that from my house.
Speaker 2: As I was leaving fast?
Speaker 3: I'm going to take it with me so you can just go to the shop and buy them.
Speaker 2: Well, on Saturday, I just logged under JB High.
Speaker 3: I knew Jb'd come before Harvey Norman.
Speaker 2: But they weren't in the shop. They were on click and collect.
Speaker 3: And where did you pick it up from the store.
Speaker 2: I had to go in. I clicked and I had to collect.
Speaker 3: So you can't just go into the shop and buy it.
Speaker 2: Well, I didn't see it on the floor.
Speaker 3: Well, we've paid for hours. I knew it just never arrived.
Speaker 2: Take it up with not me.
Speaker 3: No, I don't think it's a ninja. I think it might be a Harvey Norman.
Speaker 1: Can we talked slushies?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because Clint was having espresso Martiniz yesterday.
Speaker 2: You can put them.
Speaker 3: Imagine putting that through the ninja slush.
Speaker 2: Any liquid fifty thou people. I went to hit Margarita's first.
Speaker 3: What did you put in it though.
Speaker 2: I tried margarita mix yeah, and then a little bit of hell yeah. And then the kids came home and they're like, oh, we've got a slipping machine.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, no.
Speaker 2: You might need to I was thinking.
Speaker 3: That a high shelf for the adults and all.
Speaker 1: Look like a gelato store.
Speaker 3: How long did it take to get a delicious frozen mark.
Speaker 2: From Quick and collecting to frozen marg An hour to pick it up the shop and forty five minutes until she was frozen.
Speaker 3: It takes forty five minutes to freeze, all right.
Speaker 2: And I had that sillid little sticker on it, going, please wait two hours before turning on the machine.
Speaker 3: It's got to stay upright for two hours? What is that about?
Speaker 2: Something to do with the gas? But I'm like, now, gas somewhere else? Mate?
Speaker 3: Is there gas?
Speaker 2: Well, it's like a fridge.
Speaker 3: Is the gas in a fridge?
Speaker 2: I believe?
Speaker 3: So where's the gas?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's like flat screen TV's that like you can't lie them down all that.
Speaker 2: Maybe if maybe, if there's a fridge person listening, they can give us a ring ring ring ring ring, mim is better?
Speaker 3: Try chart times you coffee range iced latte, ice long, black and iceed brown sugar cookie latte. Jason Larren's chart Time Coffee Come.
Speaker 2: That's right, you gotta try chart Times New Coffee range the ice latte, ice long, black and ice brown sugar cookie latte. Hear the jingle, it's very catchy. I can see they're getting mixed and played down the rape.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 2: Wait for the drop the chart time for you and me? The chart time? All right? I like it. I know how this works is you register by the overplayer app. We will call you back. The quicker you answer, the more money you win. So every time we hear a.
Speaker 3: Ring, ring, ring, ring ring, Oh that's two.
Speaker 2: Every time we hear a ring.
Speaker 3: Well, you're you've confused us because you think different phones have different amounts of So what we're going to do today is I'm just going to count down the money.
Speaker 1: All right, let's do it.
Speaker 3: But you've told me I have to do it two hundred dollars increment.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to start a thousand, okay, so that if it goes a ring, is that ring ring? A thousand?
Speaker 3: Were on a budget, don't we have a sound effect person available?
Speaker 2: We're spending it on that we're giving the money money. All right, here we go.
Speaker 3: Might do your favor and go really slowly today?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: So for example, you.
Speaker 3: Do that, you all do the money countdown, you do the rings. Okay, go one thousand dollars, nine hundred. We're going in two eight hundred dollars, six hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, he missed one of the rings.
Speaker 3: No, you said two times anyway, so two rings? Well, instead of doing two hundred dollars every two rings, why don't we do one hundred dollars every ring?
Speaker 2: Let's do that? Are we ready? Here we go? All right, this is going.
Speaker 3: So do we say we're calling I'm ringing one thousand dollars?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 3: Hello?
Speaker 2: What can't I hear her? Hello? Stephanie?
Speaker 3: Stephanie? I think she's talking from July? All right, hello, Hello, We've got a phone in the studio Melbourne, and for some reason he's actually called her through that you called her on the the home phone.
Speaker 2: How are you, steph?
Speaker 3: Okay, you just trying to move.
Speaker 2: Could you just relay what's happening? Yeah, Steph? How much does she w?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: She answered very quickly to one thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Say one thousand dollars. Oh my god, you serious, she said, Oh my god, you're serious.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're serious, Steph.
Speaker 2: We're serious, serious, a very serious radio show. We are.
Speaker 3: We do nothing wrong.
Speaker 2: Any questions for Stef's.
Speaker 3: The weather in Geelong?
Speaker 2: Steph? Steph? How's the weather in Geelong? Can you talk up at me?
Speaker 3: A bit cult?
Speaker 2: She said? Take my job? She said, it's Warman twenty degrees. Well, Steph, congratulations, enjoy that.
Speaker 3: He looks like he's on the home phone.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're working for a telethon or something.
Speaker 3: Well that went well, Shelter answered him. One second, so I didn't get to do my countdown.
Speaker 1: I've got to produces it is?
Speaker 2: What do you?
Speaker 3: Don't you know how to do your jobs?
Speaker 4: Lo at?
Speaker 3: You just giggling in the corner.
Speaker 2: How do I put her on hold? Do I just put the phone on the desk.
Speaker 3: I haven't used a landline phone.
Speaker 1: Can you tell her that we'll be with her shortly?
Speaker 2: We'll just tell her his welcome you Tuesday. Nice little short week.
Speaker 3: I know. I love a short week.
Speaker 2: Anytime you want to reach out, thirteen twenty four ten is our number. Joe was called through from Crystal Springs morning Joe. Well Ja again, Oh working, I'm good. I'm good.
Speaker 3: Still springs, Joe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Christmas springs just out just before port Ington and just after Geelong, Chrystal.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sounds lovely. It sounds very nice in this weather.
Speaker 2: How can we help you, Joe?
Speaker 5: Yes, sir, You've always been a great supporter of myself and Nove, always been a great supporter of your radio show with everybody back in the days of PJ as well. And when I lost my job with Jes You've supported me. It was plenty of account. I just want to return to favor. This weekend we got the offshore powerboat racing in Geelong.
Speaker 2: Oh and I'm one of the thanky boats.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yep, right in the safety boat.
Speaker 1: Should I bring the love that.
Speaker 3: On the week Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you think I should bring the tiny down to compete?
Speaker 5: Well, I've got to offer you, Jay, So just for guests on my boat.
Speaker 2: Do we have to save people? Joe for the rescue boat.
Speaker 5: I'm actually one of the exclusion boats, so you don't have to do too much date just how he likes it. We'll keep you out, you out of the action dates, all right, But.
Speaker 1: So what's the offer?
Speaker 3: The offer is for Jakes to go on his exclusion boat in Clifton Springs the long boat races. Okay, Jay's what an offer?
Speaker 2: What a day?
Speaker 1: That sounds like Joe?
Speaker 2: That is very lovely.
Speaker 1: We'll see where should we meet?
Speaker 2: Where should we meet?
Speaker 3: He didn't get invited to the Grand Prix, so he's available.
Speaker 2: Where will we meet?
Speaker 1: Joe? Hang on?
Speaker 5: Let me well, I'll get my people to talk to you.
Speaker 2: Joe.
Speaker 3: No, he doesn't have people talk to him. Now, Joe, why did you hang up on?
Speaker 6: Joe?
Speaker 2: Hang up?
Speaker 3: He's still You've got more to say.
Speaker 7: Joe.
Speaker 8: Going.
Speaker 5: You're welcome to come back.
Speaker 2: Where so glad we went back.
Speaker 3: Because we got invited. You did it Sydney and I'd love an invite. I never get invited anywhere. You've got your invite with Joe.
Speaker 1: I don't want to take you take them cheesels and you have a good old day on the boat.
Speaker 2: Are you're a legend? Thank you very much for the offer. I will.
Speaker 3: I will ask the boss you should invite PJ too. He loves p J.
Speaker 2: Are we on it? I'm wondering the same thing gone back in time?
Speaker 3: It's chasing PJ reporting for duty. PJ might go on the boat. You should definitely do it.
Speaker 2: We could take the boat to New Zealand.
Speaker 3: New Zealand.
Speaker 2: Hey, coming up after seven your chance to win five thousand dollars. This is over one hundred. Good morning, hey guys, welcome to Grand Prix week in Melbourne. Wow.
Speaker 3: This we we're gonna have great weather though there could be a little bit of rain on Sunday.
Speaker 1: That makes things quite well.
Speaker 3: It makes us just like three conditions.
Speaker 1: And especially turn one and we've driven that track sweat.
Speaker 3: You've got to be careful because they can't change their tires from qualifying either, right, So if you qualify on dry tires, you have to start the race on those size and if it's wet it can be quite dangerous.
Speaker 2: Can you do one Latin then changing? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but well yeah, it depends what you qualify.
Speaker 2: Called Jimmy at my local Bridgestone who did my tires the other He was pretty quick. Yeah, he's free. I can offer his service.
Speaker 3: Well, he's amazing watching them change.
Speaker 1: The time you do need you nuts. So it's going to be homecoming for two of our drivers.
Speaker 2: Of course.
Speaker 1: A man, a young man that carries a very famous surname in motor sport being doing just doing. His old man was a superbikes rider. He was in good old miss.
Speaker 3: Imagine what a rock star Mick Doing will be walking around now. He's also doubt of a Formula One driver.
Speaker 1: And then of course our own Oscar Piastre, who is on the fast track to superstartum if he isn't there already, right of course, a brighton lad now coming home. You get a hankering for some of the great things when.
Speaker 3: You live overseas. It's like I've got friends who live in America and every time like, can you bring twisties and tim tams and like like Australian things?
Speaker 2: But surely they can get all that there now?
Speaker 1: I think you can in the UK. When I lived in the UK, they started introducing an Australiana isle or half an ale where you could get stuff We've got like USA Foods here.
Speaker 3: Over there, Rabbit Rabbit USA foods. Is that a whole USA food suits.
Speaker 2: Whole USA supermarket?
Speaker 3: I don't think we have that.
Speaker 1: Well. I'm not too sure where ever Oscar bases himself these days. I'm assuming somewhere in Europe do they get access to big m big, very Australian and also a palmer. He wants a palmer as well. They're the first things that he wants.
Speaker 3: Did he call it a Parma or a Melbourne?
Speaker 1: A Brighton boy?
Speaker 2: I don't think big. Don't get me wrong. Individually I love those two items. That's a lot together.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a lot together. It wouldn't happen.
Speaker 2: Together because I've always said a big m is a meal.
Speaker 3: You've actually never said that. You've always had a fix shaker pretty much same thing.
Speaker 1: Would he be a chocolate began? Would be an egg flip.
Speaker 3: Guy, chocky began? What's egg flip?
Speaker 1: You don't add the egg flip? One? No flavor anyone there?
Speaker 3: You know what's good?
Speaker 1: Egg flips strong?
Speaker 3: The iced coffee flavor is still lot only.
Speaker 2: I like straw.
Speaker 3: Does egg flip? Does egg flip taste like eggnog?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Basically yeah?
Speaker 3: Eggs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, not egky eggs eggnog?
Speaker 3: You know what what is egg nog?
Speaker 2: He'd be the flog that at a serve gets the banana paddle pop getting chocolate.
Speaker 3: Oh no, banana paddle pop is so good it is strong. Bad example, isn't a rainbow paddle pop actually a banana.
Speaker 1: Pad Carameramo.
Speaker 2: Spoiler alert.
Speaker 3: Well, what's an egg flip? Megnog not only think egg flip exists?
Speaker 2: I'm googling. So every time he touches down, that's his me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that's what he wants.
Speaker 2: He Do you ever work with anyone egg flip began?
Speaker 3: It is a thing?
Speaker 2: Oh? You guys? Ever worked with anyone who always has the same meal?
Speaker 3: Yes, Moby Audio, Yes, yes, Moby every single day. I've known you for three years. What do you have for breakfast?
Speaker 2: Not the thing in the cup, but like he goes home and has the same lunch every day? What do you want me to call it that?
Speaker 3: You just tell us what's in it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Well lunch is always a couple of post.
Speaker 3: Eggs, always every day, every day?
Speaker 1: Every day, yep, well most days, but definitely every day. Is the yogurts and nutmegs in the morning.
Speaker 3: I love people who say yogurt and not yot.
Speaker 2: What's in the cup? Yogurt?
Speaker 1: Yo getting mutt?
Speaker 2: And that guy had like every day We've read him for what sixty years?
Speaker 1: Every day, same thing yogett in the cup.
Speaker 3: Yogurt not yoga yogurt? Is it yogurt?
Speaker 2: Or yogurt yogat.
Speaker 1: By the way, egg clip is vanilla and cinnamon.
Speaker 3: I thank god I can sweep it doesn't doesn't taste like eggs at all.
Speaker 1: It would be eggy, wouldn't it.
Speaker 3: Vanilla and cinnamon? That sounds still? Why don't they call it vanilla and cinnamon?
Speaker 2: That would have sold more?
Speaker 3: Taken it off the shelves in two seconds.
Speaker 2: Eke flip hey thirteen twenty four ten? Is it you or do you know someone who has the same thing every day?
Speaker 3: I've got a friend who has poached chicken and broccoli every single night for dinner, every single.
Speaker 1: They'd be a picture of health.
Speaker 3: She cooked, Yeah, she's she cooks for the whole family and she has poached chicken and broccoli every night.
Speaker 2: Does she live in little and get takeaway now? And then what about she travels? That'd be a tupple wedge.
Speaker 3: Yeah, poach chicken and brock every night?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number in return?
Speaker 3: I'd be so bored with the same thing everything.
Speaker 2: Oh tell me about it. You struggle dealing with us every day. I got one hundred and fifty dollars old Johanna vouchers up for grabs. Chin Ah. If I was going to live off anything every day, Joanna Chicken would way to go. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number.
Speaker 1: Beautiful chuck? Oh goodness?
Speaker 2: Is there enough? Is there something or someone you know who eats the same thing every single day? Give us call it over? Thirteen twenty four to ten. Do you know someone who eats the exact same thing every day?
Speaker 3: Creatures of habit, They're all over Melbourne.
Speaker 2: We are getting a lot of cords.
Speaker 3: Damien from KOI raup, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 9: How we haven't folkesed you guys for a while.
Speaker 2: It's been wells been a while. How, Damien, is it you or someone you know?
Speaker 3: It's me?
Speaker 9: I live with my father. We have carried sashes for lunch and dinner. Coming on a Sunday and we prepare for the whole.
Speaker 2: Week with my mash and dinner the same day, the same day.
Speaker 9: Yeah, by today I'm having carried for lunch and they're having it dinner, work, get home and then tomorrow's the same as the same.
Speaker 3: The week now, Damien, I'm sure love it. My dad loves curried sausages. I hate courage.
Speaker 2: As well.
Speaker 3: I hate them. Can take them I don't want to be in my house. My dad makes them and brings them over and I had them.
Speaker 1: Need to get some carried sausage. It is my best meal.
Speaker 2: I love a curry and I love a sausage.
Speaker 1: Damien, what do you have with your carried sausages? Because some people go rice, some people go mashed potato. What do you have with it?
Speaker 9: We Stan, we have bit of both.
Speaker 3: Five days a week or seven.
Speaker 9: Seven days a week.
Speaker 2: That can't help me?
Speaker 3: Want some variety, Damiens.
Speaker 10: He does.
Speaker 2: He changes from mash the rice, Damien.
Speaker 9: On top of it as well?
Speaker 3: Can you put a sauce to really spice things?
Speaker 1: Can you get us some some carried sausages so that Jason can taste some.
Speaker 5: I can drop off that.
Speaker 1: Can you you got some enough wear?
Speaker 3: Bring him near me, Damien.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get a producer to try them first.
Speaker 1: Just try it first. I'm happy to try Damien's Bobby Phillips.
Speaker 3: I mean, would you have Bobby Phillips as mean curried?
Speaker 2: I did anything you Dad puts in front of me. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Good on your Damien question, Amien. I love carry sausages.
Speaker 2: What's the curry?
Speaker 1: Is it like a clean's curry.
Speaker 2: Is it like a katsu?
Speaker 1: Well, it's sort of like a sort of thinner than a katsu.
Speaker 2: We must try, no, thank you must try.
Speaker 3: Currige sausages gives me the e every day.
Speaker 1: Every day.
Speaker 3: I wonder what he has for breakfast.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of snat Yeah, surely not. What do you have for breakfast?
Speaker 9: Bacon?
Speaker 2: And of course stupid question. Hey, we're talking the same meal every day.
Speaker 3: Creatures of habit, people who eat the same thing all the time. And that is because Oscar Piastre is in town for the Formula one and he was saying all he wanted to do was to come home and have it big m and a parma.
Speaker 2: A dirty and then try and squeeze into that little car.
Speaker 1: How do you have your parma?
Speaker 3: There is only one way for a parme to come.
Speaker 1: What chips, chips and salad.
Speaker 3: I'm not a chips and veggie girl.
Speaker 1: You never had a parma?
Speaker 2: What you come on? The ham and the chicken freaks me out. I'd like one, mate, I'm a big, shnitty guy.
Speaker 1: He can have that. You can have a parma without the ham.
Speaker 2: That's what I need to try.
Speaker 1: Well, you just ask for a parma minus the hand, just with a tomato and cheese.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me write that down to palma minus.
Speaker 3: Near my old house used to do it with fetta. Oh yeah, but it wasn't a boogie put It was weird.
Speaker 1: What about an egg plant?
Speaker 3: It's more like and fetter than ham and cheese.
Speaker 1: What an egg plant? Parmeja parma?
Speaker 4: Love?
Speaker 3: You don't love eggplant? Once at a Japanese how I have it every time? The creature of habit.
Speaker 1: Hawaiian palma.
Speaker 2: Of course you do the Hawaiian parma. You have to go back to nineteen eighty five Queensland to water It sounds very Queensland.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are asking on thirteen twenty four ten, though, is it you or someone you know who is a creature of habit eats the same thing every day? We just spoke to someone who has curried sausages for lunch and dinner seven days a week.
Speaker 2: Twenty bucks says, you'd be the sort of guy that eats like is it banana fridders?
Speaker 1: I love bananaad so much.
Speaker 3: Yum, They're the best banana fruit.
Speaker 1: Is even a pineapple fridder?
Speaker 3: No, y That's where I draw the line.
Speaker 1: Bright ice cream Oh.
Speaker 3: You're just going through the dessert men. You're my local Chinese restaurant.
Speaker 2: Now should we just buy you a deep frye for Christmas?
Speaker 3: Ah, come on, carry sausages followed by pineapple fridd up. That's enough to put me on on a deathbed.
Speaker 2: How did you get on men's health? Was there no one else available? Month? Geez?
Speaker 1: Look good? Didn't I great?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty fourteen? Are you a creature of habit? Or do you know someone.
Speaker 3: Janeta Angelo on Good Morning? Do you eat the same thing every day?
Speaker 2: High loves?
Speaker 3: I do?
Speaker 6: I do at work, which I am at the moment. So every day at ten thirty I have my lunch because I get to work so early. I have tuna on crackers with spice banana.
Speaker 2: I feel like tuna on crackers.
Speaker 3: Stop sorry, Tuna on crackers with sliced banana on the crackers.
Speaker 6: On the cracker, Tuna, first cracker, tuna, a sliced.
Speaker 1: Banana all together at ten thirty.
Speaker 6: At ten thirty in the morning, mind you, I'm up at four fifteen every morning.
Speaker 3: What in God's green earth are you thinking of putting tuna and banana together?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: My god, have you tried it?
Speaker 1: No, I don't want to.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, it's amazing.
Speaker 3: Are you like? Is it the tuna in spring water? Are you doing like it?
Speaker 6: It's sure to be green tease, it's got to be green seas. Tun green seas, spring water has to be green seas. No other tuna and.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: That sounds absolutely repulsive, is it? But some people put banana in their scrambled eggs.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no, no chunks of banana.
Speaker 3: And they mash it and put it in with the eggs.
Speaker 2: I haven't been able to chocolate most since I saw a chef come out and say, you put avocado in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's but that's a that's a healthy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, stay away from it. Yeah, I bet you.
Speaker 1: You wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: If we presented two options, you wouldn't. You'd eat them better.
Speaker 2: You sound like my mum when you do mashed potato and I'm like, why is it green tonight?
Speaker 1: Is it? Rather is in it?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: No, just the potatoes were different.
Speaker 3: Big boys still ate it. They John in Montrose Morning. What is it that you have every single day?
Speaker 11: You guys going larger than a box every single day?
Speaker 3: You're kiddy? Every day dine in or drive through lunch it every day? Hey, John, drive through a dining John drive.
Speaker 11: Through usually at work. So it's with the boys they have most most of them will go the same but not every day.
Speaker 3: Same same same shop every time. Do they know you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 11: It depends on what job I'm at, but yeah, most they're.
Speaker 2: Like and is that embarrassing when you put up to the window and they're like, get a John or is that just.
Speaker 11: The regular take on astro?
Speaker 1: They love it, Johnny, What what order do you eat the zinger box in?
Speaker 11: So it's always chips first, they've gotta have extra sole on them as well. Chips with the gravy, and then you go a little piece of chicken and then the best for lass burger.
Speaker 2: Okay do you get and.
Speaker 11: That's actial?
Speaker 3: You get it all in one box.
Speaker 2: That's good.
Speaker 1: That's a good plan.
Speaker 2: I find KFC's menu very overwhelming. Is it there's all meal deals and value boxes and that's just fast food?
Speaker 1: Isn't it?
Speaker 3: Feast every every every day?
Speaker 2: That's what he said.
Speaker 3: I'm still stuck on the tuner and banana to be honest, surely you're.
Speaker 2: Getting a free free chips every week or something like an upgrade. Yeah, one of those.
Speaker 3: He's got like a frequent fly car.
Speaker 2: Yes, free moose on a Sunday for John Moose. They do chocolate moose they do. Probably got avocada.
Speaker 3: Chocolate mood.
Speaker 1: What desserts they have, they've got a moose.
Speaker 3: All, Yes, cheesecake maybe like.
Speaker 1: In a plastic little thing. Likely you get the potato gravy.
Speaker 3: Seriously, cheesecake.
Speaker 2: He knows takes his da It is all Across the past we have been celebrating our favorite Victorian clubs in the lead up to opening round. We're doing it again this week after seven point thirty the Mighty DS Melbourne. It is your turn today. We're going to be joined by one of the stars of the team. Plus we're gonna offlad some club memberships and I want to test out who knows the team more. Who's a bigger D's Nuffy, Clint or an actual player, Probably Clint. Yeah, my money's on Standard.
Speaker 1: That'll be interesting.
Speaker 3: Also coming up this morning, guys, I bumped into someone yesterday who I would probably say is the biggest celebrity in the country right now, whoa pump into very randomly, had a very random, funny conversation Peter Hallett. It's not strawy.
Speaker 2: No, it's not strong.
Speaker 1: Patty Newton wasn't she's more royalty than celebrities.
Speaker 3: Yes, it didn't happen at Moomba right.
Speaker 1: Oh scream my dad.
Speaker 3: My dad took my little one year old niece to watch the parade.
Speaker 2: Oh my heart went out to the Sushi Mango boys in those giant crowns in like forty degree hate. Oh man, she was warm. They were the kings, they were Indeed.
Speaker 1: I want to like it. Member the water skiing, I quite like it.
Speaker 2: It's a good spectacles, very reminiscent of like the sea World water on.
Speaker 1: The pyramid, the pyramid.
Speaker 3: Do they do the pyramid?
Speaker 2: I don't know. No, I don't think they do. They just go flying on the end.
Speaker 3: He teased me on Friday that someone was going to do the bird Man raally. You didn't do it.
Speaker 2: I did not do the bed Men rally. Sushi Mango boys did. He was trying in a giant flying salami, but unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Which one jumped in as a flying salamia? All three of them?
Speaker 2: Well yeah, probably, Hey.
Speaker 3: Why are you shugging your shoulders? Don't you know which ones?
Speaker 2: It was a quick clip on the news.
Speaker 3: Does he was friend of the show?
Speaker 2: It was a massive salami.
Speaker 3: Give me, must have been Carlo, Then give salami Carlo. No, this is your test. They're friends of our show.
Speaker 2: Can you tell me it was Carlo? Carlo?
Speaker 1: Must have been morning Carlo.
Speaker 3: Definitely. Have you been to their restaurant, No, I need to.
Speaker 2: They've just expanded. They're killing it. Yeah, those guys, it's.
Speaker 3: It's really good. The food's actually excellent's.
Speaker 2: It's very much like old school, isn't it like you're going, yeah, with the tablecloth and all that sort of stuff. Do they all greet you Carlo?
Speaker 3: It's Andrew, Joe and Carlo.
Speaker 2: No, one's Joe Andrew.
Speaker 3: They're brothers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, Jace, you are a dad of three. You are Clint, an uncle of two. I'm an auntie. We know how tricky kids can be, you more so than us. Yeah, And you send your kids off to school for the day five days a week. They're off. They're in the care of someone else. They're in the care of their teachers. Now, I've always thought teachers should be the teachers and nurses should be the two highest paid careers for anyone. They work harder than anyone else. Teachers in Victoria listen to this horrible statistic. There were more than nine hundred thousand days of staff having days off due to injuries in the workplace. For Victorian teachers.
Speaker 1: How they get like kids are sickness, that's injuries.
Speaker 3: It says injuries. So it's were one hundred thousand almost over where we were like this in the year before. So something's happening at schools that teachers are actually physically and probably mentally getting injured from being in the school system.
Speaker 2: I don't think the kids have I don't know if it's respect or what's going on. He's not a great word, but you know when you see those clips like on the news or a current affair and stuff, and it's like kids like trying to hit teachers and groups, you know, like.
Speaker 3: Fully, I try to hear the hit teacher back when might you woldn't even think about it in my bedroom for weeks exactly, wouldn't even mind where now it's like you're in the school cis So what's happening.
Speaker 2: I just don't think the respect's there for teachers.
Speaker 3: Any But the teachers not have enough power?
Speaker 2: Is that it?
Speaker 3: They just.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyway like daycare workers teachers, you know they I mean, I'm not saying to go old school and smack them with the ruler or anything. But nowadays it's like, you know, maybe the biggest threat is we'll send you the principal's office. Yeah right, I'm not a teacher.
Speaker 3: Attentions and suspensions and expulsions and all that.
Speaker 2: I don't know, my Devan. I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Teachers may be worried that they're going to be pulled up by parents, probably and hence why they don't feel as though they can discipline.
Speaker 3: Or your sister is a teacher.
Speaker 1: Both of them are teachers, one in the public school sphere, the other in private, and I dare say that the private system is very different when it comes to respect generally.
Speaker 3: Oh god, this brat's at privates. I went to a private school.
Speaker 1: My god.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a blazer doesn't make you a great kid. I'll give you the.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is a number if you're a teacher and you'd like to join this conversation. But I feel for teachers because I mean their it's got to be one of the hardest jobs in the world, being a teacher.
Speaker 2: I'm the first to take the piece and have a bit of fun when there's like a teacher day and we've got to keep the kids at home and stuff like that. But all jokes aside, you're right there, they've almost if they got thirty kids in the class, they've almost got thirty bosses that they're trying to appease because you're right the minute, there'll be a drama, they'll have to deal with the kid's parent. You can potentially lose your job, you know, at the drop of a hat.
Speaker 3: I just remember how I remember at school, like the teachers were in charge. If you couldn't talk back to a teacher, you couldn't even like, you know what else wrong in your eyes at a teacher.
Speaker 2: Also, the kids trouble, the kids that are dealing with really young kids. It's all the upkeep, like here's photos on an app, here's their work, you know what do you mean for? So we can communicate with the kids teachers through an app like direct during the day. Yeah, so they have to deal with that as well.
Speaker 3: What he's texting the teachers about during the day.
Speaker 2: Be an issue with the kid or hey is feeling well today? Can you keep an eye on it.
Speaker 3: Like back in those days, the kids off we had our record book or the school diary. Yes that I would just write false notes in from my mum explaining why. I was like, while wasn't there?
Speaker 2: Do you sound like a great Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Got a dentist appointment today she'll be leaving at midday?
Speaker 2: Oh mate? Like the young the teachers that are dealing with young kids are uploading photos of their work on these apps?
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 2: And I'm like, what, so, shouldn't they just get them off the app? Teach the kids? Why had all this extra pressure?
Speaker 3: Do parents want that? Do you want to look at how that's work? Is going to have to deal with it at home?
Speaker 1: I feel the issues are born out of the fact that teachers don't have the same not so much rights but privileges when it comes to disciplining the kids nowadays and behavioral issues. She would have been and what is she now about ten plus?
Speaker 3: Yes's seen it change.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, but she's tough. She's worked in the UK in London, where they're.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they don't like but they're just they're a lot stricter over there. Kids are terrible, terrible thirteen twenty.
Speaker 1: Four here in the UK twenty and the English kids in the public school stream. It's like you've got to survive if you're a teacher.
Speaker 3: Really it feel like a prison for many people.
Speaker 2: Put that adorable little accent just made them all good. Great accent.
Speaker 3: George running around.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. No, we're not teachers, but would love to hear from this morning. You then remain completely anonymous.
Speaker 3: It's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is crazy stats. So there's obviously something wrong here in Victoria. Give us score if you want a way and will hit the phones next here on Novar thirteen, twenty four ten, we are talking teachers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's some stats that have come out about how many days Victorian teachers are taking off on what they're saying, it's due to injuries, which is really a long living time that Yeah, so what is happening in schools? I think teachers are angels. They work so hard. They look after your children like you drop them off knowing your kids are going to be safe at the school. Yeah they do.
Speaker 1: They go above and beyond, but are they afforded the same respect as they used to be in our day?
Speaker 2: Well, Louise is called through, Louise, you think you're not only a teacher, but you're also a parent these days.
Speaker 12: Yes, absolutely, Hi, guys, how to go in?
Speaker 2: We're good.
Speaker 3: What's happening in schools, Louise.
Speaker 12: The expectations there between being a teacher and being a parent these days. Sorry, I've got my son in the car as well. I'm a parent myself. The expectations there. We have students who are at school and don't know how to tie their shoelaces, and as teachers we're expected to teach them.
Speaker 3: Were kids with no.
Speaker 12: Resilience, no ability to work with others, to even play a board game. Again, as teachers, the parents have the expectations that, oh, well you need to teach our child to build that resilience.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 3: Are you saying that parents aren't doing enough at home to teach their kids basic skills and communication skills.
Speaker 12: Absolutely? Absolutely, And don't get me wrong, I don't think all the blame needs to be on the parents. I do think it's a society even harder both parents. They typically are having to work that simply live. So I do you know, respect and understand that, but I think just even teaching our kids that basic respect for other humans.
Speaker 1: Do you feel, Louise, Do you feel respected as a teacher.
Speaker 12: From some students? Absolutely? From others not so much. I think it does come down to your relationships with these kids. But unfortunately they're not being held accountable for their actions anymore.
Speaker 2: But also, are you guys not holding them accountable because of the fear of we can't like you can't or coming back on you.
Speaker 12: You're right, we can't necessarily, honey, we can't necessarily hold him because the parents go straight to the department and say, well, my child shouldn't have to have it time out. Yeah, hitting that es or hitting that teacher.
Speaker 2: I remember picking up one of my kids and the teacher was like, hey, just so you know, there was a biting incident and I'm like, well, I hope you ripped into my kid. Yeah, and she was like, no, we All I'm allowed to do is go, hey, why don't you come over here and play in this part now some quiet time? If you bite someone, yeah, I'm like, no, I'm giving you permission rip into him.
Speaker 3: Well, just you mean, what do you mean by ripping? In seriousness, though, what would you be comfortable with a teacher.
Speaker 2: Telling him off and putting him in time out. Absolutely, because I could tell you now if it was someone else's kid biteing mind, I would expect that.
Speaker 3: But it is hard, right even as a parent, when you've got other your kid's friends over. What can you if one of the if your kid has a friend over who hits your kid or another kid.
Speaker 2: I'd tell him off. And I say to our group of friends all the time. I even say it to that like BRADYO executive prodition, if you guys are over, I'd be like, I'd be more upset if you guys didn't call my kids out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, than when they're doing like I would expect it.
Speaker 3: If Louise is right, a society we do, you know, if you see someone doing something wrong, a kid or an adult, yeah, you call it out.
Speaker 1: I was talking before about overseas teaching. Yeah, and Ebone's got an opinion on that, Ebonie, how do you find life as a teacher here?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 7: Yeah, look, I love teaching. It's amazing. The relationships with the kids are great. It's just there's just too much. There's too much pressure.
Speaker 3: Yeah, too much pressure as a teacher to just deal with whatever's happening without having any power or where is the pressure or is it coming from parents, from the school, from the kids.
Speaker 7: It's from everything, So the curriculum, it's just there's too much in it. You just physically you can't. You can't teach them. I'm even getting emotional speaking about it, because it's just a lot. Like I'm at school now, which is very early. We shouldn't have to be be here at this time, but it's like you you can't get things done. There's too much to do. The look, my parents in my classroom are lovely, but you've had other parents that you know, nothing is ever enough, so then you're constantly you're just trying too hard. It's too much to do.
Speaker 3: How long have you been a teacher for? This is my sixth year, and even in the last sixties, I mean, and also don't forget teachers and kids have gone through like homeschooling, and it's been a terrible Yes, six years, I imagine it for the school system and kids and teachers as well. But have you seen it change in that time?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, my first year of teaching was COVID, so I literally learned how to teach in that ridiculous timing. But then I even went to London to teach, and.
Speaker 3: It was just it was different, like, I know, different better, harder.
Speaker 7: I found it better. So like parents couldn't email me directly, they had to email the front office, right, and it only ever got to me if it was a you know, a big deal, which I think, which I think.
Speaker 2: Is the way it should be. I think it's crazy the access we have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and look it's it must be a rewarding profession. I'm not a teacher, but my sisters are. They say it's very rewarding. But is it financially rewarding. That's the other issue here, like is it worth it?
Speaker 2: So, like I said, I'm the first to stay the piss and go, oh look at the holidays they get and stuff like that. But it is not a nine to five job. Hey, Vanessa, you're a former KINDI teacher, Yes, I am, Yes, and I believe you had to take six months off because of a situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was teaching last year. I've been teacher for thirty eight years in kindergarten and the aggression and the violence in a three to five year olds is just incredible. So in a nutshell last year I had children throwing rocks at us. It will take the shoes off, throw two shoes that are They would put the chairs on the table when you walk past, push the chairs onto you. I had, they would up end the table. They would grab the ends and up in them.
Speaker 2: And is this something you've noticed over the years.
Speaker 4: It was absolutely If I graduated in eighty six and there was nothing might different after the last few years. And you know, I kept reporting it to my boss. Our stuff was so stressed. No one we're going to come in our room and we weren't.
Speaker 1: So what's wrong?
Speaker 3: What's going Do you think you guys don't have enough power or.
Speaker 4: We can't touch them, we can't speak to them. We would have ots speeches coming in saying oh how about you say, oh, I can understand you're angry. And it does not work, and the stress levels of us and I took it to work safe and I won the case. None, it's it's And even when I left, I found out one of the key to kick pregnant woman in the stomach. I mean, it's just horrific. And the mental toll it takes on us. I've actually left children on now in the administration to say.
Speaker 3: After thirty eight years, have you had enough, which is such a shame.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I picked off. It was probably one of the most traumatic things I've been through. It's just the whole thing.
Speaker 3: It is amazing right as well, And as someone who doesn't have children anythink, what could a three year old or five year old say to you? Or yeah, they can to break your soul that when there's twenty of them. Yeah, teachers do take that home. They wear it, they feel the emotions. Eventually, as a.
Speaker 2: Parent down, I'm sitting it saying the teachers need to get the power back, need more power.
Speaker 3: There's the whole education system need an overhaul.
Speaker 2: I think everyone's just a bit PC, like like everyone's when we were grown up. I was you don't want to be scared, but you're so you want to respect you You've got to respect it.
Speaker 1: And at the moment, mate, they don't, and they're doing long hours and they're getting paid.
Speaker 3: If your kids were rude to a teacher, would you be I will?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I'm more upset that the teacher can't blow up at them back.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And a shout out to all the teachers who are driving to work this morning listening to this. You are I think teachers are absolutely amaz zing. You're do an amazing job and thank you. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well, and let's say hello to our ex Yes, our next guest.
Speaker 13: Players forward for the Melbourne Demons and has been with them since twenty sixteen. He's also quite the amateur boxer, so watch out sweeping through Jackie Melxham. It's looking good. Please welcome to the studio.
Speaker 2: Jake Melksham.
Speaker 3: Morning morning, Jake, amateur boxer.
Speaker 14: I'm told you didn't tell me that was going to be part of the intro.
Speaker 1: Clint, I didn't know it was. How much true sometimes junior boxer.
Speaker 14: No, it's not true. I did it when I was in grade six for a little bit.
Speaker 1: We said to.
Speaker 3: Be trust the EP speak boxer and he said, yeah, very successful.
Speaker 14: It's not the tag you want. I don't think I.
Speaker 15: Will have you say in the commentary that often referred to melchiam as people are going to get all watch out. He's a boxer. And we found footage and photos on the Internet of you. If I'm not mistaken when you're in your sick can you not correct?
Speaker 2: The guests asked not to be referred to as a boxer.
Speaker 14: I grew up in a little bit of a rough area, so my dad thought it'd be camped into.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: Jake Melksham is one of Now my dad works in the Melbourneooty Club and dad often says, Dad, Jake Melksham, he's a good boy. He's a good boy. He's one of his favorites.
Speaker 2: Although your dad has a complaint about the jewelry and some of.
Speaker 1: A lot of the boys are now wearing bracelets necklaces, and he's like, you know, because I've got to tape them up.
Speaker 3: What do you mean tape them up? Do you play in them?
Speaker 14: Guys that have got those bracelets that you can't get molded? What soldered friend or whatnot?
Speaker 3: And it's on your girl friends are like, I'm going to put this on and you can never take it like a hand.
Speaker 14: Can't like that? Yeah, that's a hard do that mind clips off.
Speaker 3: Not your wife just.
Speaker 14: She's there forever speaking convicture. Three kids in the car in the garage listening to the show because.
Speaker 3: They're big time kid. What are the kids' names?
Speaker 14: We got Frankie, Teddy and Alfie and your.
Speaker 3: Beautiful wife and my wife Stacy say, morning, guys just did a camper.
Speaker 2: Van trip over Chrissy. Everyone's still getting along.
Speaker 14: Yeah, we survived that one. That was the one worried was my wife. We thought she was going to fly home halfway.
Speaker 2: Through the trip.
Speaker 3: Got on your Stacey, get on the verge.
Speaker 14: Her sister was there and her kids a little bit.
Speaker 3: I left them there too.
Speaker 1: It's fun camp. What is a camper van? What is it an RV? Exactly that?
Speaker 14: Yes, I'm not interesting.
Speaker 2: Do you sound like one with the people? Does it have an infinity pool?
Speaker 1: Does it?
Speaker 3: Let's talk footy. Obviously, what was it called? Opening Round has kicked off with only two games. You guys are launching your season this weekend. How the D's feeling going into a big twenty twenty five.
Speaker 14: We're feeling very excited. Obviously, the split round to start the year delays things a little bit, so you know, by the end of January you're more than ready to get stuck into it. But this weekend we've got Jim's inaugurl game, so it's Jim's Round. We're launching that this week and we're raising funds for Jim's foundation, so he's done.
Speaker 1: Jim Steins who was a you know, his legacy lives on in so many ways throughout Melbourne, but also at the Melbourne Footy Club as well.
Speaker 14: Yes, so we're looking forward to that and paying tribute to Jim and raising some funds for his foundation.
Speaker 3: So it's on the eve of Saint Patrick's Day, yes, luck of the Irish Patty's Day Monday?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 3: Yes? How good they're saying we're a touch of green for the special occasion.
Speaker 14: Yes, don't fil we win and the pubs are full.
Speaker 2: Aw's team feeling going into a new season and like, looking back, can you pinpoint why things didn't work compared to other years when they have?
Speaker 14: No, you can, You can't really pinpoint it. To answer your first question, we're super excited to get stuck in because it's been a long off season for our club. That's been widely spoken about. We've had some things go on, but now we're ready for the footy to start and actually do what we're what we're paid to do. Get out there, play well and win some games and get.
Speaker 1: The reset, a reset the club needed in many respects. Yeah, is that fair to say?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 14: I think by the end of the season last year we were ready for the season to just be over once the season once we couldn't make finals. You know, we're still playing hard and whatnot, but sometimes you just need a spell and that was what was really good for us.
Speaker 3: How's Christian Petrarca going. Obviously it was awful watching him get injured last year, but he seems like he's running around well. Is he chomping at the bit to get back up there?
Speaker 14: Yeah, he's going really well. He played a couple of weeks ago in mandra over in Perth, played really well, looked like he had missed a beat and he's super fit at the moment. He had a little bit of a niggle during the preseason again where he spent some time in rehab and just got fitter and fitter as as he did his time in there, and he looked like he didn't miss a beat last week. I wonder who works harder in the off season, Petrarcare over at the Red Bull camp or you in a camper van dealing with three kids. Definitely me.
Speaker 2: Hard. Agree, I reckon that's the cheaper.
Speaker 1: What's cheap?
Speaker 3: What's bogie?
Speaker 14: We got the boogie one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the shower on board you didn't use the tinier showers.
Speaker 14: We have the shower.
Speaker 1: What's a preseason like for a thirty three year old? These days, Jake would be one of the elder statesmen of the footy club.
Speaker 14: Now, yeah, I'm the Oldest's the oldest?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 14: Three thirty three. That's that's old in footy term. In the footy world. Our good friend Max is a couple he's younger, a couple of months younger. But if you looked at my preseason this year, I haven't been out there that much. I've been injured.
Speaker 3: But do you get more time the older you get, you get more time off?
Speaker 2: Is that true?
Speaker 14: You get a few weeks extra? Is that for a just to catch up to start the pre season?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: The game at thirty three.
Speaker 14: So yeah, we're we're doing what we need to in our season with that extra couple of weeks to just group and come back refresh.
Speaker 2: So you're saying injured, are you good to play?
Speaker 14: I'll be back around three. I've had a few soft tissue injuries. Getting older. People keep telling me if I had a dollar for every time someone told me that we weren't going to bring it up, I wouldn't be here. I'd be in av trip somewhere.
Speaker 3: Just so annoying because we're actually saying you're so young young I want to be thirty three again?
Speaker 2: Is that why we want to call you old? What we walked in and goes? Do you want to sit or stand your like? I'll take the suit. Hey, we're gonna go to a break. When we come back. I would like to challenge you boys this morning.
Speaker 1: Oh here we go.
Speaker 2: I want to know fitness test. No, definitely not a fitness test, not on this show. Who knows more about the D's out of you two?
Speaker 1: We've got some got some calls as well, a couple of big Melbourne fans. Let's kick things off with Deb Hello, Hi, Hey, you going good?
Speaker 2: Out to Jake?
Speaker 14: Hello Dike, morning Deb? How are you very good?
Speaker 3: How are you?
Speaker 2: I'mnastic trying to change.
Speaker 1: There now you're a massive D's fan. Who's your favorite?
Speaker 6: To be honest, I've got quite a few.
Speaker 3: But we do love track.
Speaker 6: We often see lots of the boys down in Mornington.
Speaker 7: So we have walked past Jus before in the morning in Central and my son has been so star struck with.
Speaker 10: Mom j.
Speaker 1: Melbourne Heartland and that way.
Speaker 2: It's not where my pie is holiday. Hey Dan, we're going to hook you up with the day's membership.
Speaker 1: A right fun Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: So much, no worries.
Speaker 1: And we've got Jamie as well. Who's got a question for Jake. What is it Jamie?
Speaker 5: Hey Malkie, I just wanted to say, mate, big fan of the way you and Hiro came over and he's still some great values in our footy club.
Speaker 12: My question for you is who's the next big star down at.
Speaker 2: The footy club? Are young?
Speaker 14: Thank you for your kind words. Jamie. The next big star, I'm going to go with Caleb windsor So. He had his first year at the club last year. He's probably one of the quickest guys in the competition.
Speaker 2: How old is he?
Speaker 14: He's only nineteen oh, about fifteen years of footy ahead of him and he's going to be one of the competitions Yetly here you guys gotly appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Molkie. Hey Jamie, we're going to hook you up with the club membership as well. It is bang on eight o'clock. We'll call it a challenge of the d's nuffies coming up next here on over the Battle of des Nuffs.
Speaker 10: Nufs.
Speaker 2: These nuts.
Speaker 3: Nuts. It's not these nuts, these nuts. What's these nuts?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's nuts that chocolate or something. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Jake Melchiam's in the studio this morning for the Marty D's or we want to know how you have been at the club now ten years, So it'll be interesting to find out who is the biggest D's nuffy. Is it Jake a current player, or is it Clint the pest?
Speaker 3: But you know what, Clint pretends he knows more than he does.
Speaker 2: I reckon, yeah, I agree, just to all. I feel like you trade off.
Speaker 3: Your Do you ever see him swaming around the club because once we went to the footy with him and he was like, come on, we'll take you down to the rooms and say hello, and they wouldn't let him, mean wouldn't let us in. It wouldn't let us in because we were with him.
Speaker 14: I see him for the paid gigs. I don't see him on the weekdays.
Speaker 1: What do you mean it's all volunteer medication of the it's volunteer memories.
Speaker 3: Memories. Well, he couldn't get into the rooms when he was trying an away game.
Speaker 2: It was I don't know, he let him know. No way, all right here names of your buzzers.
Speaker 3: I don't think it was that clear. Okay, names of your buzzers will start with an easy one. Even I know this. What is the Melbourne Footy Club Best and Fairest award called Jakes?
Speaker 2: There it is?
Speaker 14: And give me the opportunity to go in before. This is a competition.
Speaker 2: Okay, go hard?
Speaker 3: Have you won one a competition? The trust?
Speaker 14: You're no bluies for me?
Speaker 2: Your eyes then were incredible. Give you a prize if you will.
Speaker 3: Question two? How many VFL a FL premierships the Dems?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: How many times have you said that one of those volunteers?
Speaker 1: Many on the stead?
Speaker 14: Well?
Speaker 2: There spin number four invoice?
Speaker 3: What year was the first Melbourne premiership?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know the way. Nineteen o five?
Speaker 3: And would you like to have a guest.
Speaker 14: I'll say my name first, Jake, Yes, Ja, sorry, nineteen oh four.
Speaker 3: Well you are closer to the mark because it is exactly nineteen hundred nineteen one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll say you've taken engratulation.
Speaker 2: You take Wait.
Speaker 3: I like this one because I know this too. Who's the last melbul played to win a Brownlow medal?
Speaker 1: Clint? He was so handsome Shane will Wordy two thousand.
Speaker 2: His son plays with us.
Speaker 14: He's handsome as well.
Speaker 2: His sons hate people with good jeans. Yeah, hey, Jake, we hope the injury clears up.
Speaker 16: Mate.
Speaker 2: We will see you in round three.
Speaker 14: You so much.
Speaker 3: Guys, have me no luck to the d's this weekend. Don't go watching the Grand Prix when you should be watching the No, he wouldn't do that.
Speaker 14: My phone on me in the change himself. Who will catch up once the game is done?
Speaker 2: We've learned that the hard way by checking the way sit in stands for this weekend.
Speaker 1: No, No, okay, team first.
Speaker 3: To get sandwiches and stuff down in the club rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we get grilled.
Speaker 3: That into the room.
Speaker 14: Yeah. After the game half time burgers.
Speaker 3: You can have the Oscar Piastre burger.
Speaker 1: You should come and sit with me in the presidents. God, I'm doing one of those.
Speaker 2: Here we go every day, your chance to win five thousand dollars. Just before we get to the call, and just quick, a little apology because of my short, stumpy little fingers accidentally dumped your news, Clint. Just then, well, we broadcast in seven seconds delay, so if you're listening to your news, would have sounded like you dropped an f bom or something in the news.
Speaker 3: Well, does that mean that Melbourne may have heard very big breaking news that you might have accidentally dumped there? I know that George it can no longer be referred to as the silver Fox because he has been spotted at lunch with.
Speaker 1: Brown hair and brown hair.
Speaker 2: Breaking news.
Speaker 3: I think the bigger breaking news is that they're still together, because there was room rumored they had applied for.
Speaker 1: A divorce, but they're okay.
Speaker 3: Clearly, Well he's gone and changed his hair color. Maybe that's why she's walking just for.
Speaker 1: Men kind of girl?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, how do you pick up leads the news when you're looking at that story?
Speaker 1: And that was in the entertainment section?
Speaker 5: News?
Speaker 3: What else was in entertainment? Because we missed it?
Speaker 2: News secrets?
Speaker 3: It wasn't e news that Chris Hemsworth is going to be James Bond. It's not going to happen. That is not going to happen.
Speaker 2: So I apologize to the people.
Speaker 1: Listen, they missed out on a lot.
Speaker 3: What else was there any other top line big stories?
Speaker 16: No?
Speaker 1: Just the news?
Speaker 2: Great Anthony, how do we how do how do you want to say this?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Antigny Greek, but I'm not Greek.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you like Greek food?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 12: My parents really love Greek mythology.
Speaker 3: I'm a bit Greek. Antigony. My parents told me Laurence Antigony.
Speaker 7: My mum always tried to get me to marry into a Greek family because they have the best food.
Speaker 3: And great weather, great islands.
Speaker 1: I can't drive near trying to claim.
Speaker 2: Right, God, I can't drive near Nicchos.
Speaker 3: I introduced you to Nicos used to be called Nico's Quality cakes. If you're an o G fan.
Speaker 2: Oh mate, when you're hungry, that is that is the place to.
Speaker 3: Go break cakes about.
Speaker 2: Way Moscow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Antigony, you can come.
Speaker 3: You want to come?
Speaker 10: All?
Speaker 2: Okay, come Antigany, or what do you want to go? An easy question for fifteen meeting for five hundred or rather dice and go for five k.
Speaker 7: I think I'm gonna go for five k.
Speaker 2: That's the attitude. Eighty five thousand dollars. Here we go. You are going to hear a question. You will have three seconds to answer. You have to answer in that time.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Now we just did a rehearsal and Clint knew this one. I was very impressed he did.
Speaker 2: Actually, good luck for five thousand dollars. Here's your question.
Speaker 1: What year was the first Harry Potter book published?
Speaker 3: Three two one?
Speaker 7: It was published in nineteen eighty nineteen ninety.
Speaker 3: No, nineteen ninety seven, okay, all right.
Speaker 2: Also I said three seconds.
Speaker 3: Not thirty, but mind and he was just throwing it out there.
Speaker 1: It was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone starring Yeah.
Speaker 7: I love that book so much as well.
Speaker 3: Shame.
Speaker 7: That's okay.
Speaker 1: You can still come to Jim's Greek Tavin with us.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: No, you don't want to do that. Go to grill. I'm gonna do.
Speaker 6: I love grill.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna hook out with thee hundred dollar grill A bout you? That is all yours?
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you so much, No worries, How good yuam?
Speaker 3: Go and get that oscar ou Strieberger weird one the other day, the.
Speaker 2: Deluicious Sweet Potato Fries and the hate Chip so Chicken.
Speaker 3: Hey coming up next, Lozzy unbelievable scenes. Yesterday in my life, I bumped into someone very famouse that I hadn't met before, but I've been dying to me and I went a bit fat and girl, I think you're going to be embarrassed.
Speaker 2: Would you say the biggest celebrity in the country at the moment.
Speaker 3: I would say so, yes, in the world, world known, worldwide. I don't know that's that's a very open ended question right now. What is the biggest thing happening.
Speaker 2: In what's the Formula one?
Speaker 1: No, not moonbar.
Speaker 3: I didn't see sushi mango Formula one?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love Formula one, love it, love it, love it.
Speaker 2: Lewis Hamilt's no.
Speaker 3: My favorite. Yesterday I'm yes. Oscar's mum Nicole piastro Well I text her because yesterday we're driving home from the Mornington Peninsula. Paul the Queenslander, took a wrong turn, so we ended up on like I don't know what road it was we had to get off to then get back on the free.
Speaker 1: I think I know where you've gone wrong down there.
Speaker 3: He missed the bit where it joins on too the the southeast and from the east. Yes, so we took the next exit and then it loops back up, so we're sort of near the old Waverley Park. Paul's like, what's that stadium. I'm like, there's no stadium here. It's still a bit of Waverley Park right near there. We pull up at these traffic lights, Paul and I chatting. I look left and I'm like, oh, that's Oscar Piastre in the car, in the car next to it at the rights at the red traffic lights.
Speaker 2: What was he driving?
Speaker 1: Not a McLaren a Toyota.
Speaker 3: No, it was like a Ford. No, I wasn't a be Steema. It was like a four wheel drive situation.
Speaker 10: Right.
Speaker 3: It wasn't arranger made a Raptor.
Speaker 2: Would have been.
Speaker 3: Starts with the everest a big four wheel drive.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: So I was like, imagine Jim Carrey and dumb and dumber when he wants a window down and sticks his head out. You didn't yeah, So I'm like, didn't well, because I looked through the window. We made eye contact and I waved and I was like I did a wave and pleas sure it was him, yeah, because then I wound the window down and he just looked like, oh no, who's this nuffy? And then he wound the window down and I went, Hi, I had your burger at grill.
Speaker 16: Oh, And he was like cool And I said, oh, and I know you mom, Honey goes oh yeah.
Speaker 3: And I was like, I'm on over. He goes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah, And I said, I'm hosting this is all the traffic lights mind you. So I'm hosting an event with Lando tomorrow. Well, I'm hosting a Paulo red rolf the Renevents with Orlando Norris tonight. Actually we're going to catch up with him on the show tomorrow. Tune in if you have one. So I'm like, and I know your mom. And his girlfriend was so cute. She's like smiling and waving, and Paul had actually met him in Monicut, the whole family. Paul was like, hello, Oscar. We met on a boat in Monico along.
Speaker 2: If I was Oscar, I would have ran the red Oh my god.
Speaker 3: When we drove off, I was like that was highly embarrassing. Paul goes like this the lights. He goes, want to race off the red light. I'm so embarrassed. I'm sossed like Oscar like giggle, and then Paul fagned it off the red light?
Speaker 2: Can you can you can you talk me through the goodbye? When the light went.
Speaker 3: Green, well, Paul said, want to race off the red light?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 5: Laugh?
Speaker 3: And I got so embarrassed. I just like, put my chair back around the window. You wound the window up on Oscar was embarrassing. And then I texted his mum and I was like, oh, I just saw Oscar at the red lights. She's like what and Burger's burger?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: What on earth was he doing at Waverley?
Speaker 3: I did I should have asked?
Speaker 2: So then was there a red light? Was there another set of traffic lights?
Speaker 3: We're in the wrong lander And then he was getting back on the frogame and Paul's like, oh no, we're in the wrong lanes, so we'll move across and get on and I was like, now it looks like we're following it. Slow down and let another car in between. I fully as soon as I waved around the window down, I was like this, what am I doing? Why am I doing this?
Speaker 2: But then you regained you know, I had your burger.
Speaker 3: Right now though. On thirteen twenty four ten, we're talking about celebrities in the wild. I pulled up to a set of traffic traffic lights yesterday and right next to me was Oscar pstre and I awkwardly wound the window down and had it very random conversation with him. And Clint's done something similar.
Speaker 1: What did you do after I left you guys on Friday? Now just at lunch?
Speaker 2: Just said the same. We had a work lunch, so you left quite javial.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I had to get to Sydney to do a little MC job at the SCG, and then after the volunteer job MC job, I decided to tip a few in, a few more in and I was in the AFL function and there was there was a woman there. She's very familiar. Oh and the opening round match, the AFL invites all the celebrities, don't they including the ones that star in the upcoming Channel seven reality TV shows.
Speaker 3: She got a reality TV show?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's on the Voice. Oh, she is a judge on the Voice.
Speaker 3: One of my heroes.
Speaker 1: Music Royalty, member of the greatest girl band of all time. The world has seen sporty spies.
Speaker 3: Spice up your eyes, ladies.
Speaker 1: I needed a photo.
Speaker 3: One forgetting photos with celebrities embarrassing.
Speaker 2: I'm normally the embarrassing one on the team. You two really have flown the flag.
Speaker 3: Why didn't even ask for I just swout the window down Hunt and.
Speaker 2: Told him you ate his burger or a grill. I think you would have preferred a photo.
Speaker 1: I said, I've got this one. I'll do the approach.
Speaker 2: So I went up and I.
Speaker 1: Said, excuse me, did you call her sporty mel or is it Melody?
Speaker 2: Oh? No?
Speaker 1: Who was she with?
Speaker 3: Did she respond yes? Did she say melo Melanie?
Speaker 1: I said, my name's Clint. I'm not from Channel seven, I'm from one of your arrivals.
Speaker 2: I'm from the nine.
Speaker 3: Stop talking. Why don't you just pretend you have no one?
Speaker 2: Shut up?
Speaker 3: Won't you give you CV?
Speaker 12: Four?
Speaker 1: And then I go to his melos and i'd get my bees and my seas mixed up?
Speaker 2: No you didn't.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, c.
Speaker 1: Plant, did you say that?
Speaker 2: I get like they look very different?
Speaker 1: But which is they don't look very different?
Speaker 3: You should have gone with sporty.
Speaker 1: I should have gone sporty, shouldn't I But.
Speaker 3: You didn't actually say I get my bees and my sees mixed up?
Speaker 1: Nobly, We've got the photo, and she just like, can you stop talking? I got the photo and we moved on and it was a great interaction.
Speaker 2: Did she think you were there from some charity?
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: Who was with her?
Speaker 1: A lot of people, some other people in the Channel seven from Dancing with the Star, Dancing with the Stars people were there. There was some bloke from used to be on nine O two one oh.
Speaker 3: I believe nine O two one oh from the nineties.
Speaker 1: She says, the guy from the sign, which might actually be the voice.
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, sorry, Wait is the guy from nine o two one oh on the voice as well?
Speaker 1: I don't know what he was doing there, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Hang on. The way you sold this story is like you two had an intimate moment. No, no, no, there's like forty six you know.
Speaker 3: He posted it on Instagram and he cropped everyone else. What a loser. That is embarrassing.
Speaker 1: What a door?
Speaker 3: I get my CS and b hang on, I'm doing a reverse Google image on the guy you said. He's from nine o two I know, and it says no these there's never been seen before on the internet.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, No, no, no, it's the dude from this guy?
Speaker 1: Is he he was dating married to Megan?
Speaker 2: No, not Meghan fun Yes he was. He's now married to the chick from Dancing at the Stars.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's why she was there Australian.
Speaker 3: No, he's not on what's it nine o two? What's his name?
Speaker 2: He worked he was at the peach pit. Yeah, hang on, I'm on the No, let's go to McKinnon. Hey, Ash, do you know the name of the guy from nine?
Speaker 17: Yeah, Brian Austin Green.
Speaker 14: You know what.
Speaker 1: I had a good chat to him.
Speaker 17: Oh you're not even a product of the nineties if you didn't.
Speaker 1: Know that one.
Speaker 3: She hasn't even seen the photo.
Speaker 2: I'm frustrated, sorry, Ash, which celected to see in the World.
Speaker 17: I Running too Glenn Robins where he was in the undie section at Big w It wasn't like he wasn't like he had his arm up on the rack of these really big daggy nana jock.
Speaker 2: Last time was in, he said he saw me in the ladies underwear section. It came out because I was there with my wife. He must just be trawling that section.
Speaker 3: Did you as did you approach?
Speaker 17: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: Did he having a look?
Speaker 17: And he goes, oh no, yeah, oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: I like Glen.
Speaker 1: I like he's a bit awkward.
Speaker 2: I love that he likes to hit up a little doughnut cafe.
Speaker 3: There is something awkward about seeing people when you're buying.
Speaker 1: Also the approach.
Speaker 3: No, there's just something about it.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Why I don't like people like I don't like having other people around when I'm choosing.
Speaker 1: It feels it feels bright, Janelle, who see in the wild?
Speaker 7: Oh I actually saw.
Speaker 18: Lets No, I saw him at stomping Ground.
Speaker 3: In Oh yeah brewery, that'd be right.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 7: And I said to him, hey, j j And he looked at me and he goes, you better be quick.
Speaker 4: They might give away your table.
Speaker 2: Oh you're rude, wasn't.
Speaker 1: He's gone?
Speaker 2: Look? Ready?
Speaker 3: Was he wrote on a scale of like slightly seriously? Where would we put him a bit awkward?
Speaker 7: Because I think he thought he knew me, but he didn't have any idea.
Speaker 16: Who I was.
Speaker 3: What did he say? You better be quick or they'll give away your table? Says jog On mate, Oh Jake, where's Clinton?
Speaker 2: This is stitch up. I would have been looking out for you.
Speaker 3: No, wait, look, I've ready's gone.
Speaker 2: He knows.
Speaker 3: He knows the interaction. You think you're man are the people. No, you're not. You don't go to the staff catch up and you don't hang out with people in the public. Good onion, Janelle. You can call the show anytime.
Speaker 2: I'll never ring here again.
Speaker 3: You can't cut her off twice.
Speaker 2: Say sorry, Janell, next time you come and join my table.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, get a photo, then burn it off and put in your burn book.
Speaker 1: Hello Jane, Hello, here you going.
Speaker 3: You've seen the celebrity and they were rude as well. Quint I a woman of the community.
Speaker 2: What did he do? Ja in the community? I was.
Speaker 18: I was working at the Australian Open this year and I was outside in my floral yellow shirt and I saw you walk past Clint and I waved because I felt like I knew you, and you looked at me and you kind of went, what you're going to the media box?
Speaker 3: Of course he was for a free shot that he doesn't have time for you, Jane, No, not at all.
Speaker 18: But then I actually saw you again inside and you were talking to someone and I walked over to you, and then you saw me coming and you turned to walk the other way. No, I was actually going to ask.
Speaker 12: You for the photo.
Speaker 3: What a rude jog.
Speaker 1: Clet's go on red like me.
Speaker 2: It's the worst that you don't.
Speaker 3: Let's cut the fine lines down.
Speaker 2: Absolutely know we're running with it.
Speaker 1: No, Lauren Phillips and was she rude?
Speaker 3: Was I?
Speaker 17: No?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 3: Nice?
Speaker 2: We will see if you have seen Lauren Phillips in the world, where was and what was your interaction?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Yeah, come on, I bet it was nice.
Speaker 2: The gauntlet has been laid down there. I wasn't noble and she walked in thurteen twenty four ten is our number. It's the worse feeling good. Where have you seen Lauren Phillips.
Speaker 4: In the world?
Speaker 2: Good morning, Melbourne? Stop it No no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: If you've just tuned in, let me tell you what's gone down.
Speaker 2: In the merry Christmas Clint we are.
Speaker 3: I was so sorry about pulling under the traffic lights and Oscar Piastre was in the car next to me yesterday and I embarrassingly wound down the window and started a red light conversation.
Speaker 1: I had an interaction with which one was it sporty Spice? I said, is it?
Speaker 2: Or is it Melanie?
Speaker 3: So then we put the call out to Melbourne thirteen twenty four ten. Have you seen a celebrity in the wild? Someone called you and said they saw Glenn Robins in the undie department at pig w Someone called and said they saw Jason stomping around.
Speaker 2: Brie And no, they didn't say no.
Speaker 3: She said you brushed her and said you better go and sit at your table or they'll take us. You better make this quick.
Speaker 2: No, I was looking out for her.
Speaker 3: Absolute nonsense.
Speaker 2: Then we had someone.
Speaker 3: They worked at the Australian Open and they met Clinton. He brushed them, not once, but then they approached for a photo a second time, and he turned and walked in the other direction. Lauren, this is not a stitch up on me. Now they're all acting. Has anyone seen.
Speaker 2: Lauren so thirteen? If you have had an interaction with Lauren in the.
Speaker 3: World, just people calling, you're now prompting these people to rip you into me.
Speaker 2: No, we're not. I've got one hundred fifty John about that? How do you go? More chicken you eat?
Speaker 1: Are we taking one? Now?
Speaker 2: We're taking them all? God, Good morning, Nikki, Morning morning. Whereabouts did you see Lauren Phillips?
Speaker 7: I saw Lauren years ago at a concert for Robbie Williams Brown and sorry, guys, she was lovely.
Speaker 3: Nice one on the team. I told you absolutely, I remember that concert was awesome.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked you saw it. Here we go, surely we're going to get one.
Speaker 1: Tracy in morning, Trace, Hi, where did we say?
Speaker 3: I saw her?
Speaker 10: Involving at a pub. We were doing a trivia night my family and I and she was filming. I don't even know what was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah did she say by.
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 10: She was absolutely delightful both to my mom.
Speaker 3: I remember the interaction. Her mum's name, Tracy's mum.
Speaker 1: What pub were they at?
Speaker 3: It was like a rest It was a pizza restaurant, but was it? And mum's name was Wendy.
Speaker 2: I'm asking Lauren. She said, Wendy. What's your mum's name?
Speaker 10: Isabelle?
Speaker 2: Wendy for sure? Now Lauren Lauren?
Speaker 3: Did we like to call her Wendy amongst her friends?
Speaker 1: Lauren did her growing up in Glen Waverley and this next core from is from the heartland. Here we go, now, LEXI, please tell me that Lauren was rude to you.
Speaker 7: She was lovely.
Speaker 12: I met her on United City Experience and she was swimming posters.
Speaker 3: Do you think I've done your uniform for too long?
Speaker 16: Yes?
Speaker 3: Oh? LEXI is still there. Oh yeah, go on tell everyone how nice I am.
Speaker 7: We asked for photo because we need some w B Saturdays and we we'd ask for a photo and you were so kind, you'd like stop filming, so that we could get the photo and like talk.
Speaker 18: To you for a minute.
Speaker 2: She looks for any excuse to get out of work. She would have been like stop filming w B.
Speaker 1: Saturdays kids, w B.
Speaker 3: I thought it was sadness.
Speaker 2: She was our favorite work in your nine. I'm sure you're going to get one, aren't we. Ross come on from South Theerra. Good morning, I know where he's from. Good morning. We are good. Oh you see la You see Lauren at a particular venue quite lot.
Speaker 3: Must be the gym.
Speaker 2: No, no better than the gym. It's an adult beverage shop. Well she used to come to.
Speaker 6: I haven't seen her for about a month.
Speaker 3: Oh my a, you're talking about South Ara Slas I do have, I do have.
Speaker 2: Lauren is an absolute delight.
Speaker 3: Oh thank you.
Speaker 6: Is one of the most polite people that comes in.
Speaker 2: Very that's because you're drunk.
Speaker 3: What about after a few wines, do I get better or worse? Rocks?
Speaker 2: Well you look better after yes, truth serum. I love that man.
Speaker 3: Jelly Roll, love Jelly Roll.
Speaker 2: Big fan of the jelly Roll.
Speaker 3: And that's his name.
Speaker 1: Well, like.
Speaker 3: Name is jelly, but his surname is Roll. Mister Roll.
Speaker 2: Maybe we can ask him if you are lucky.
Speaker 3: Enough to get Jelly Roll on the phone. Mister Roll, his first name can't be Jelly, can it?
Speaker 2: If we Roll on the show, I'm calling him mister Roll.
Speaker 3: His real name can't be can't possibly be Jelly Though.
Speaker 2: It is six past nine here at Nova. All morning, I've been saying, we're the trip of a lifetime up for grabs.
Speaker 3: This is amazing. This is the biggest thing we've ever given away. I'm so excited about it.
Speaker 2: Have a listen to this. Welcome to the first Ever.
Speaker 8: In twenty fourteen, it began nevs.
Speaker 2: Red Room makes so nice.
Speaker 3: Then year after year you are you guys ready to start blue?
Speaker 2: Thank you very much and over you Harry? Is everyone away?
Speaker 3: This room is so long, Miley, I had time.
Speaker 8: In twenty twenty five, it's back, bigger.
Speaker 2: Man ever.
Speaker 8: LOSVSM Global Tour, Nervous Red Room, Global Tour, Powered Bikexpedia. See Gracie Abrams live in All New Zealand.
Speaker 3: Jay, I'm Grazie Abrams.
Speaker 8: Then there any travel to Los Angeles. I talked to witness Dean Lewis at the House of Blues.
Speaker 1: Hey, this is Dean Lewis.
Speaker 2: So how do I say good bye.
Speaker 1: For my big thank you to the Nova team for all the support right from the start, and you really really appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Next, I figured, you know, it's time for me to take it to the next level.
Speaker 8: Jump on a plane to Sin City.
Speaker 2: We're just making something that's completely cooling different Las Vegas.
Speaker 8: Let's get weird, let's have a good time where you'll be seeing post Malone.
Speaker 2: What's going on the other this is post Malone. Yeah, come on, Papata and jelly Roll. What's up Australia. It's jelly Roll live at Allegiance Stadium. Who Ain't Nothing?
Speaker 8: Burber three epic overseas destinations feasturing some of the biggest names in music.
Speaker 1: Here's man who's getting a little let up.
Speaker 8: In the Lover's Red Room Global Tour and by Expedia.
Speaker 2: Pack Earbags Melbourne Minor Packed.
Speaker 3: I'm ready to go. You know how much I love Jelly Roll, how much I love Posty.
Speaker 2: See, I got I got a big soft spot for Gracie Abrams, Dean Lewis House of Blues. See, that's the other thing. These are amazing venues that they're playing as well.
Speaker 3: You're telling me that you go to all of them in all the different places.
Speaker 2: That's correct in one trip. Well, and we just broke it out over the year. One trip. When you leave, you see all the acts before you come on special.
Speaker 3: That's awesome. Here's the sure Where has anyone asked the bosses if we're allowed to go on this trip?
Speaker 2: We have trust me were allowed to know.
Speaker 3: We're gonna have to call mister Roll himself. Do you think jelly Roll's first name is actually jealous Jo?
Speaker 2: To be on separate flights?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 2: How are you get there?
Speaker 3: The Royal family?
Speaker 2: How you get there is by registering by the Nova player app or go to the website dot com dot are you? And then if we call you back and you get on the air, then you automatically get on the standby list like you Brooke.
Speaker 3: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Are you joking?
Speaker 3: I'm not joking.
Speaker 18: Oh my goodness, this is so fun.
Speaker 7: I'm trying, not very excited.
Speaker 3: You've got got sleeping children around you or something?
Speaker 15: Work.
Speaker 2: He's going to say sleeping children.
Speaker 3: You think jelly Roll's first name is actually jelly Brook?
Speaker 4: I think it's got to be.
Speaker 3: All right. Someone else is on this and by list. Daniel Danielle morning, Hello, how good you ever been to Vegas.
Speaker 18: No, but I'm going through this week hopefully.
Speaker 3: Hopefully thingersn't toast crossed for you. You're on the stand by list.
Speaker 2: You know what I like because you know I don't travel long distance as well. No you don't travel well, no, No, we're doing sort of small trips. So like, first stop is just in Auckland to see Gracie Abrams. That's only a couple of our races. Great exactly. Then you're shooting off to La and then of course a Vegas to bring it home.
Speaker 3: How good. That is a fun trip.
Speaker 2: So here's the go hit up the Nova player app ORVFM dot com dot au. It is Nova's Red Room Global Tour. It is powered by Expedia, and this is the trip of a lifetime.
Speaker 3: Absolutely it is.
Speaker 2: So get on the standby list, Melbourne. It is that easy. Hey, we're just talking about the big announcement Nova's Red Room Global Tour powered by Expedia, Trip of a lifetime for grabs.
Speaker 3: Are you going to say, how we just also got told that we're not invited. I thought we'd get to go.
Speaker 1: No we should, So I'm on strike.
Speaker 2: They're sending the drive show. The more responsible to me of course listening to Aaron Rich for all the details on how you can get on the standby list.
Speaker 3: But I love Jelly Roll and I'm so jealous to anyone who wins this.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not just Jelly Roll. Gracie Abrams, Dean Lewis live at the House of Blues and then off to Vegas to see post Beline. You've just done some research. Jelly rolls real now.
Speaker 3: I was trying to find out if jelly first name mister Roll. His name is actually Jason Bradley Defordford.
Speaker 5: Ford.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure. My dad tells me Jelly Roll was a very well known jazz artist in the forties, saying.
Speaker 2: You ate Jelly Roll. That's what I thought, like, he's a big unit.
Speaker 1: I just one of the Lamington things.
Speaker 2: The sponge, it's like a strange a wagon.
Speaker 3: Wing is a wagon.
Speaker 2: I love them. Sorry, it's what.
Speaker 3: Look a wagon? That gentleman.
Speaker 1: That's got like jelly biscuit.
Speaker 2: This is like a rolled sponge.
Speaker 3: Coconut on the outside. Yeah, what's you called jelly roll?
Speaker 1: It's called a roll?
Speaker 3: You google it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, cream cream roll.
Speaker 2: No, forget googling, Let's get the bakerision have a look.
Speaker 1: What are we doing?
Speaker 3: It was show finished ye.
Speaker 17: On the.
Speaker 1: It's called a Swiss roll. You know these things.
Speaker 3: That's a chocolate log.
Speaker 1: That's not a lot.
Speaker 3: That's a log. That's not a Swiss roll. That's a jolly that one. Look at that, Jayson, that's chocolate.
Speaker 2: Aaron Richard in next. I think he's got about thirty minutes.
Speaker 3: Left of his shift because guys, it's gone Prix where he's so excited. Weather is my goodness, it is going to be so good this week?
Speaker 16: You go it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm on the list, Lauren.
Speaker 3: Guess who got on the list? To him, No, he's not. He's coming as my plus Is.
Speaker 2: That a sympathy? So I'm sort of on the list, you know.
Speaker 16: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They said we'll put Jason's name down on the listens and the tickets. I was like, please put down Lawrence plus one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: Laurence plus one.
Speaker 2: Plus one.
Speaker 3: You're not getting the lard. You're not that important. All the drivers are rolling into town though we contact us send his picks if you see the drivers in the world. I bumped into Oscar p s Street yesterday and tonight I am hosting a function for Polo Red by Rob lareen with Lando Norris. We're going to catch up with him tonight and on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: On the show tomorrow, I'm going to be in the audience as well.
Speaker 3: So I can't don't like, and I'll say, this is my show.
Speaker 2: Get out. I can't wait. Topical. Uh, that's it. Way are getting out here. It's Wednesday already. We'll see tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I got me excited.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren, Wake Up Feeling Good on Nomber one hundred. Jason Lauren only on Socials