Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land.
Speaker 1: I'm Britney Saunders and I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat. If it's trending, going viral, or has your grouped, we're.
Speaker 2: Talking about it coming up on this episode. I've gone viral, but it's not on a platform you think I'd be going viral on it, and I'm kind of excited about it, but it's not for a very good reason.
Speaker 1: Plus an update on my next door a but that absolutely hates AJ and I. It is still going on and it's getting worse.
Speaker 2: Yep, shit has hit the fan gel Aj is raging. Plus I give you a bit of an update on my Kylie situation. If you missed it online, don't worry, I've got the full story here. Let's just say we went above and beyond what we expected to do. I'm very happy about it and.
Speaker 1: I have learnt something once again. I feel like I'm always learning, but I've learned something that I feel like I should have known a really long time ago, and I need to know if I'm.
Speaker 2: The only one deal me in. Duh, let's go.
Speaker 1: So Matt has had some hate good morning, Oh, good morning, good morning. I'm too excited to talk about this. Someone has told Matt that he breaths too loud.
Speaker 2: Someone has noticed my nose whistle in episodes, which just makes me feel like a fifty year old man.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's so like I feel like we've already spoke about this before, but like couple coded when as we already spoke about this when AJ's breathing too loud sometimes like you stop breathing like that and he's like, what what.
Speaker 2: That's you? Matt? Yeah? Sorry, if you've been a victim, a victim of my nose whistling, I think it's a septum piercing. Maybe I need to bring the septum.
Speaker 1: Down, bring it out for this episode.
Speaker 2: I'll bring it out for this episode. Sorry, pick me nose over here. I haven't done a mirror check. That might be bookas or something wrong. It's fine for me, okay, Oh, Wow, look that really clear the sciuss, didn't it?
Speaker 1: Bloody hell, I forget that you have it.
Speaker 2: Have you ever gotten any weird piercings or tattoos that you regret?
Speaker 1: No? I okay, I've got a few things to say here. Okay, when I was maybe thirteen or fourteen, I really wanted my tongue pierced. Me took really no, this was bad. And I'm not saying this to make anyone look bad, but this really fucking happened in my life. I'm just spilling the fucking tea. Who cares? So I asked my mom and she said no. And this is where my dad was still in my life, just because he cut me off when I was like fourteen and he was the more cool one. So mom said no, Dad said, okay, let's fucking do it. So he took me to the piercing shop and I got my tongue pierced. And look, I know that is stupid at thirteen slash fourteen year old go and get their tongue piers like, you don't need your tongue fucking pierced at that age, mind you, I didn't think anything of it other than this is so cool, Like I just thought it was going to be so cool. So I went home, and obviously Mum found out, and so she and trigger warning, parental not niceness. She told me that I was a slut and that I was going to be pregnant before the time I was sixteen. It was this full blow up, You're a slut, like all this and that like trigger fucking warning for anyone out there. She had this full and because I was thirteen or fourteen, virgin, frigid, scared little girl like I didn't know that. Like she obviously thought that tongue piercing men like something sex and so I didn't know, like I had barely kissed a boy, like I wasn't getting it for anything sexual. Like I just thought, yeah, this is like a curl, you know, this is when I like metal, militia and everything too. Like I was very much in that phase, which I know spoke about. And so she kicked me out and I moved in at dad's house, changed schools, and we didn't talk for a really long time.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I didn't even know this. Yes, this is the first time I'm hearing this story.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit like I don't ever want to make someone look bad, but also I want to be able to share my fucking experiences. Yeah, for sure, So that was one piercing that I got that I get like, I absolutely shouldn't have got that that. It was so stupid, but thirteen and fourteen year old are going to do stupid shit, And if anything, I think she could have went about it in a better way instead of calling me a slut and saying you're gonna get pregnant.
Speaker 2: My mum wasn't as bad, but similar experience because again I wanted my tongue pierced, but didn't know that. You know, people got the tongue pierced because did I.
Speaker 1: Like I had no idea. I was so innocent, like I maybe kissed a boy at the school dance, Like that's as far as I was going in terms of that sort of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but yeah, my mum called me a trash bag. Oh yeah, you're gonna look like a trash bag if you get one of those. I won't and I didn't get one. See.
Speaker 1: I feel like a better lesson could have come out of that for me, Like I could have been educated, but instead I was just kicked out. Yeah, change schools and everything, but you live and you learn, so I don't regret that at all. Like we all did shit when we're teenagers, but that's only like the really weird piercing that I got. Like I got my belly button piers when I was also around thirteen. I've still got that, and I love a belly button piercing, just saying bring them back. I think Addison Ray has one, so that must be cool. And then as for my tattoos, I hate all of them. Yeah, I hate all of them. You have no tattoos, none, Yeah, I've only got when I was seventeen, I thought I was so cool and I got like a massive rose on my rib, and I honestly forget that I have it. It's black and white, so it's not like it's red and colorful, but I've got that, and I just forget that I have it. And then maybe in summer, if I've got swimmers on and I go past the mirror, I remember it's there. Just again. I think I was still in the metal militia phase then thought it was super cool. Got it in Thailand because when I was seventeen, I got writing on my lower right hip in script writing, which is now so blurry you can't actually see it. Do you actually want me to get it out? And you try and tell me what?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, come over here. Okay, Brittany's taking your getting up, getting undressed. Pants are coming down. Yeah, it is warm today. All right, here we go. Uh oh my god, you literally okay. It says it says stay make boat grow deeper leaves. Oh wait, hang on, let me go again the Oh no, hang on?
Speaker 1: What's that that bad? The writing? Is that fucking squish?
Speaker 2: It's all blurry? Hang on. That says oh, storms make very grow deeper beats.
Speaker 1: What does it say its storms make trees grow deeper roots.
Speaker 2: I was close. I was close. Oh my gosh, I can't believe how blurry that is. Are you going to do later? Remover? Can't be bothered.
Speaker 1: I got Tommy's out there fucking like Canadas through the window.
Speaker 2: Sorry, yeah, she's just gone.
Speaker 1: Under us out Anything goes in the studio. So I got the rose and that script writing at the same time, seventeen in Thailand, storms make trees grow deeper roots. Because I was so like, you know, in my fields and whatever doesn't kill you makes you strung. So I got those two absolutely hate them both. I've got a stupid key on my wrist that I got with my bestie who were like still friends, but we were like fucking again like seventeen, and our friend did it. And They've got another love heart on my other wrist that my other friend made me get on my fucking thirty, no, twenty somethingth birthday. And that's it. And I hate them all and I want to get them removed. But oh, I've just seen all the videos of the tattoo removal and it takes like thirty sessions and it's apparently really painful, so I'm like, oh, whatever, They're not in overly visible spots. But if I could have my time over again, I would not get any you live and you learn.
Speaker 2: One of my friends in high school was in their you know live faster our young face and realized, realized, realized no. And I just still to this day wonder if she regrets that decision down the wrist too, so it's very visible, realized, realized, realize, so to her sorry about that. I wonder if she regrets that these days. But I would like to.
Speaker 1: Get him removed. You know what, I might go and get the little thin love Heart one removed because it's like an outline and see how it goes. But do they ever really fully go away. You're always left.
Speaker 2: With like this scarr scar or something. Yeah, I don't know, and I don't care. Let's move on.
Speaker 1: These badtles. Scars don't look like they're feeding. Shout out to guys, Sebastian. I have a question. Yeah, how long did you have the tongue ring in for? Oh? And I just asked, how long do it do it?
Speaker 2: Do?
Speaker 1: I have the tongue in for a year maybe, And it never healed. It was always swollen.
Speaker 2: Home.
Speaker 1: Every girl our school got her tongue is and it was like so big. Yeah, your tongue goes really fat and swollen. You can't eat. Like I don't know what I was thinking.
Speaker 2: The skin grew over, it had to go and get it removed.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't recommend. It was very stupid to me, But I didn't deserve the punishment.
Speaker 2: That I got. No, absolutely not.
Speaker 1: So we're pre recording this episode like two weeks early, so by the time this comes out, it's going to be a bit of old news, to be honest, one week early. Sorry I said that wrong, but let's just take a moment to talk about the stress of you getting Kylie tickets and actually, can I say something else, Matt? Do you have me to think why? Because I gave you the Telstra access.
Speaker 2: You did help me to an extent, But I also did have three people's Telstra accounts.
Speaker 1: On a standby, like the night before. Matt's like, no, you put on your story or maybe you on your close friends who's with Telstra? And I'm like me, so then I fucking logged in made an account and didn't I and then sent you the password.
Speaker 2: No thank you. Look, there was a lot going on, so I can't exactly know who helped me wear because I had three people's Telstra accounts going at once on three different devices, as well as three different ticketects on three different devices, as well as three different cards ready to go. And look scrollers, I know if you follow me on Instagram and you're the broadcast channel, you already would have seen I was more than successful with my Kylie Minow tickets. This is crazy like for this to have not only given me front row tickets to one, not one, but four four shows across the country. Because here's the thing. I was only going to go to Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane. And then I realized that Perth is the first show not only in Australia but in the world. It's the world premiere of this tour. And so I was like, oh, well, I better go to Perth.
Speaker 1: Then you're going all the way to fucking Perth.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I thought, if I'm going to Perth, I may as well go to Adelaide on the way back. So I and Adelaide was really easy to get a front row ticket out. So I'm sitting front row in Adelaide. You and I have front row in Sydney. Yeah, I've got another night up in the Bleaches in Sydney. I've got another night with my friends in like a reserve in Sydney. Melbourne, I'm doing front row. I think I'm doing front row Brisbane and then another Bleaches in Brisbane. I've also got a spare ticket in Brizil when I just yellowed and brought two. So I have to find someone to go row at four concerts or five front row at four concerts. But then I'm in the diamond because she's got the second stage, so she has like the big stage and that she's got like a stage at the back as well, and so that's in the shape of a diamond. And so then for three shows I'm in the diamonds.
Speaker 1: So I've got two questions. First of all, I've never sat front row at a concert or even close, because I've only been to fucking two concerts in my life Taylor Swift and Australian Idol when Guy Sebastian was in it Aesce right Evanescence too. Yes, So my first question is surely because the stages are so high when you're in the front row, unless the performer is at the front walking along the front, if they're back like down the set, can you still see them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not as tall as you think.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's not as tall as Iause here, I am thinking we're going to be like tilting our heads.
Speaker 2: And we'll be standing anyway, We'll be on the barricade, because thing about the front row is you can go and stand at the barricade, but anywhere else can't. So like we'll be right there, like and you know what, I'm planning on doing this whole thing. So my plan is, like I'm thinking, depending on funds and depending on time and depending on effort. I'm thinking each show I'm dressing as a different iconic Kylie or like almost like a cosplay or a disney Bound you know how people disney bound because at Disneyland, you can't dress as an actual character.
Speaker 1: So it's just so interesting to make sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you're going to do like Alice in Wonderland, you might wear a blue dress with a white top or something just to like look like Alice in Wonderland, but not dressed like Alice in Wonderland. So maybe it's that cause, I mean, Kylie wears a lot of very revealing outfits, and I just feel like me in a crop top and gold booty shorts is not going to be looking very flattering, So you know, maybe it's like a kind of imagination of her, Like I'd love to do a different look of her dancing queen outfit, which obviously means so much to me. And so that's the plan. But also depending on time and effort and energy. I cannot be bothered because the thing is, I originally only planned to go the five shows, and then I yoloed with Adelaide and Perth, and then she added another show in Melbourne, another show in Sydney and another show in Brisbane, and I was like, no, I think I've had enough. I think I've got allma tickets. Like it's fine, I'm going to seven shows around the country. That's fine.
Speaker 1: I know people do that, but that is insane because I feel like, once I've seen it once, that's enough. Like if I go, I'm gonna be like, eh, I've seen this all before. I can't really watch the same movie twice unless it's been ages since I saw it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, But also I think concerts like different things happen each night, like she says different things, and.
Speaker 1: Also you're just going for all the different varieties.
Speaker 2: The thing as well is I think that for most people who come, like when big pop stars come to Australia, they never start their tour in Australia. They always kind of like, do your North America and your Europe and everywhere else, and then Australia's almost always last.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's cool and iconic that she's starting in Australia, right.
Speaker 2: But what I'm trying to say is that for the most part, we already know what's going to happen by the time the concert comes. So in the past, like I will try and avoid concerts spoilers. With the Errors to it, it was just impossible because it was all over my for you page. But you know when people back in the day would come like Katie Perry, I wouldn't watch her concert online or anything, but then I would but I would be able to access the set list. So then I would make a playlist on my Spotify with the play with the set list in it, and I would like learn all the songs that I maybe didn't know and get ready to for the concert. Like with Kylie that first night in Perth, that's going to be the first time because you know how people said that the Errors to a like if you went to the first night of the Errors tour, there were like thirty five surprise songs because you didn't know what she was going to play, so like, that's really exciting.
Speaker 1: So they won't release it before she no, so you find out the first night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that night it will be like its own experience because I'll go, we have no idea what's about to happen, and.
Speaker 1: I feel like and the artist would be the most excited on that first night, like all the most nervous. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I always when I did do my comedy shows, that first show is like, You're like, how are people going to respond? People could hate this? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: People will love it. And my second question for you, Matt is, because you're sitting in the front row at five shows, do you think Kylie's going to become alarmed at any point? No.
Speaker 2: I think there's probably fans that are even more crazy and super fanny than me. But I honestly, I will say this, if her team doesn't jump on board, they're dumb.
Speaker 1: So you think they should jump on board the fact that you're sitting in front row.
Speaker 2: If they, Oh, and if I make a whole spectacle out of it on my social media, if they if I am not backstage doing some sort of TikTok or Instagram or something. When my entire audience is on board, people on the podcast are hearing about this, blah blah blah blah. Like people message me and we're like, we bought tickets to Kylie Mino because of you, Like, I'm going clearly there's some impact here. But anyway, Kylie Mino tickets ten shows, going to all ten four.
Speaker 1: Shows front in a week is it all happened with you two weeks? Yep, So I'm even going to be able to record high scrollers in that time?
Speaker 2: No, No, I've actually I'm gonna, as I said, two weeks and you'll leave. I feel I'm not going to be able to work at all. Like I feel like this is this is bucket list moment. People. You have to understand. This is bucket least moment, and this is something that I have. This just tells you that if you put your mind to something, you can achieve it. Yes, exactly, if you put money in a savings account six years ago and don't touch it.
Speaker 1: You heard any first, everyone start saving for that concert.
Speaker 2: There you go. But anyway, we've got you're in your concert era well and truly because we also got Katy Perry tickets. We did. It was a bit of a fluke, well because the Carlive minogue. I mean, I know I need to work on flights and accommodation, but that'll come later. But we had some money left over. So Katy Perry then announced she's starting her tour in Australia as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I must say it's weird for me because I never booked anything in advance. Ever, So to have two things scheduled in for next year, like the Katy Perry ones when June or July.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on a Monday night.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I'm not. But if we're recording high Scrollers, we could just you know, make a day of it.
Speaker 2: So true.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it just feels very weird to book something this far in advance. I'm not like I'm an organized person, but like, I mean, I'm not a concert person. I am now, but like I've never had something to look forward to this far away. Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good, nice? Yeah, I love that you're looking forward to Kylie Minogan Katy Perry. Yeah, it makes me excited. I feel like you're getting on board with the gay pop culture.
Speaker 1: Look next I'll be going to seven shows in a row for someone. Can you imagine essence came? Surely i'd go see them again for sure?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Seven times?
Speaker 1: No, just one and done.
Speaker 2: I will say though, Katy Perry's AFL performance, I know now you're listening to this Scrollers and it's probably two a week or so ago now, but oh god, it was actually really good.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what it was like. I'll tell you the let down, the fact that it's in the middle of the day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, it doesn't like there was fireworks and everything, but it's fucking sunny and bright. Yeah, and it had these games at the nighttime because the vibes are better, Like it would have looked more spectacular if it was dark. And the only thing that I thought was really cheesy was the CGI that they had playing on the TV. So like if you I watched it like on the weekend on the TV and there was all these bits where CGI like animations we were on the screen, but that wasn't in real life. Ye, it was just on the screens and it looked tacky, okay, And they would have spent a lot of money on that.
Speaker 2: Oh I think I saw somewhere it was five million dollars to put on that performance. Well I think it includes the performance as well. I don't know. I don't know if it was just five million to her good.
Speaker 1: It was pretty extra.
Speaker 2: It was amazing. Like I thought it was one of the best, you know, performances that Australia has seen.
Speaker 1: It any I thought it was very extra for Australia.
Speaker 2: I got it was incredible and I really didn't expect that much, given you know it being Australia and also a sporting event, like I was like, oh god, this is just going to be horrendous. Oh my god, it was so so much better than I thought.
Speaker 1: I was waiting for one of the dancers to fall over, like you know on that spiral thing, how they were all like running really fast.
Speaker 2: I was just waiting for.
Speaker 1: Someone to fucking slip because it looked slippery, but they didn't. But did you see the one silver thing that had deflated? Oh? That person and they just kept dancing with like a deflated goonbag.
Speaker 2: I thought to myself, would you not just run off? Just not tail it out of there and hide, because I don't know whether in that situation it's better to just push through.
Speaker 1: And it just scrunched it up in their stomach and just ran off and no one would have really see it, but the fact that it was deflated amongst all the other ones.
Speaker 2: I also loved the part where Tina Arena came out, or I didn't love that.
Speaker 1: I thought that was so random, random just for a chorus as well, And then I.
Speaker 2: Thought she was singing chains, and then I thought, surely they're going into chains to the rhythm by Katy Perry and they didn't. But then what was funny was after the song ends and you just saw Tina Arena running in the background in the silver dress.
Speaker 1: Could have been like g flip or something.
Speaker 2: Mmmm, well, Kyle would have been good, wouldn't it. Yeah, I don't know. Yeah, Tina Arena strange, strange, but maybe Katie's a huge fan maybe.
Speaker 3: Anyway, whatever, please be upstanding for the Royal Flush.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get onto our Royal Flush of the week, matt uh huh, which, by the way, our episode last week with the Mega Royal Flush that was how are we ever going to fucking top?
Speaker 2: I know that was one of our best episodes ever.
Speaker 1: I'm screaming like actually at the time that we're recording this now, that hasn't come out yet because we're pre recording, so I'm just so excited for everyone to hear that.
Speaker 2: Anyway, especially the eight am Happy Hour.
Speaker 1: We need to go to that pub and fucking record an episode there for our last episode of the year. Please like fast Day of the Year vibes and we can have a drink at eight a m. In the morning while we record. Anyway, let's get onto this week's Royal flush. I'll do mine first because it's only a little one, and I feel like this is something you definitely already would know, Matt, because you're a fan of Lady Gaga.
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: But I only just learned it because I saw a TikTok her song poker Face. Yeah, the lyrics are not what I thought they were.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Am I the last person in the world to know this?
Speaker 2: Wow? I don't think you're the last. I think there'd be a lot of people learning this for the first time as you're about to tell them. But I definitely know where this is going.
Speaker 1: So her song poker Face, which we all know, the lyrics that I thought they were is per pur Pur poker face, per Pur poker face. It's not that it's pur pur pur poker face, puff fuf fuck her face.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And I had no idea, but that is actually the lyrics. And the reason why I found that out was because I saw an old interview of her saying that every radio station when she launched the song played the song fully with everyone thinking it was just poker face, and then there was only two radio stations or something over in the US that censored the part that's fuf fuck her face, and she was kind of laughing about that fact. And I didn't know that either.
Speaker 2: Well, there you go. You learn something new every day, do you know.
Speaker 1: That, Hannah. I'm not a true fan of anybody.
Speaker 2: No, that's fine, But I knew that in high school because I the whole thing in high school. Like I remember when it came out in like year eight. It was like, poker face doesn't mean like a poker face, it means poke her face with your private parts, with your disgusting. That's exactly right. You know. What I'd like to do, though, is I'd like to actually try and find my Lady Gaga Fame CD and open the booklet because remember back in the day it wasn't about the vinyls and things. You had the booklet with the lyrics in it. I would like to go and actually find that booklet and look at the lyrics and see if that was actually the case back then. I'm sure I have that somewhere, but because yeah, I remember knowing in high school that that was what the lyrics were. But nowadays, like when you look on Spotify, that's what the lyrics are. But what I find strange is Spotify doesn't label it as explicit, but if you actually look at the lyrics, Spotify has written fuck her face. So yeah, i'd love In fact, you know what, I'm putting it out to the scrollers. Surely one of you out there has Lady Gaga the Fame the original CD somewhere, because I think it's up on the coast at my mum's house, in a box in the garage somewhere, so I can't be bothered. But if you have that CD somewhere, send me a photo please, and I'll put it in the broadcast channel to just determine and put to rest whether the lyrics were in that little booklet, whether the lyrics actually say fuck her face or not.
Speaker 1: I just can't believe. I didn't know that, And why did she make it sound exactly like poker face?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but if you actually listen it, you can tell the difference.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm going to listen to it just very quickly, now.
Speaker 2: Okay, you can tell the difference.
Speaker 1: Kind of it's kind of good honor nice. So that's my royal flushes. I didn't know that, and I feel like I'm the last person in the world to find that out.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well, my royal Flush is me you Yep, I'm my own Royal flush this week because something random has happened. Now. I went viral this week on both TikTok and Instagram for that video that I posted about my friend messaging the group chat and saying, you know, when we were in year twelve graduating, the people who are in kindergarten that year are now graduating this year. And that's done numbers on Instagram and TikTok this week, which is fabulous. But I have actually gone viral on another platform, which is so random, but I'm kind of loving and that platform, of all platforms is threads.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to say that I am.
Speaker 2: Currently going viral on threads or what I would consider viral, because anything more than two likes on threads is probably viral.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: But my notifications on threads, you know, my Instagram at TikTok, those notifications are off because I get so many but threads. I just haven't bothered to turn them off because I don't get that many notifications from threads, right. But I posted a thread the other day asking what do you pay for rent each week? I live in Sydney and our rent for a two bedroom apartment is going up to one thousand and sixty dollars per week in December, which, if you didn't see my Instagram story the other day, I got an email saying that our rent is going up to one thousand and sixty dollars a week.
Speaker 1: That's barked show me. Honestly, first moved out of high when I was seventeen, and I had housemates at the time, but houses like were two hundred and something dollars a week or three hundred up. Yeah, yeah, like three hundred and something dollars a week, and then if there was three of us, it would be like one hundred dollars each rent. Yeah, isn't that wild? And then I remember it crept up a little bit and then I had to pay like one hundred and forty a week, and I was like, oh fuck, that's expensive. And like if it got if I was in a different house and it was closer to two hundred, like that was like whoa, yeah, and that's like a three bedroom house and I'm sharing with two other people. Yeah, And the fact now that it's one thousand and sixty dollars for a two bedroom apartment.
Speaker 2: Actually like can't bring myself to talk about how I'm feeling at the moment.
Speaker 1: What did you write back to the real estate. I said, that's a joke.
Speaker 2: No, I just wrote back and said, thanks so much for this. We'll let you know if we have any questions, because our plan is we're not staying, you know what I mean, Like, there's no way, there's no use even asking for a deco. There's no use asking for anything. And then I actually ran into one of my neighbors who said that he got the exact same letter, and so did three other people on his level, So a lot of people. It seems like they just blasted the entire like apartment block and said everyone's rent is going up to that price one thousand and sixty. Everyone got the same price across the apartment block and so it's not just us. So that goes into effect in December. So we've got a high tailt out of that apartment sooner rather than later, because there's no way I'm paying that. Like, I'm just like, no, you pull them a leg. We moved in and we were paying seven to seventy Okay, how does it jump that much in that little time? I'm over it. But anyway, my post on threads is going viral because you know, obviously people are jumping in saying this is what I pay. But then like landlords are coming in as well and home, Well, it's really expensive for us to own a house and rent it out. Oh what's that You can't you can't afford your investment? Sell it mate? People saying I live in so and so and pay this much. And it's so interesting if you have threads, just go and look at the thread and you'll be able to see what everyone pays all over the place, because it's just so I mean, there are a lot of variables that come into it, obviously, but some people are paying like seven hunt. This person said seven hundred and fifty dollars for one bedroom in Gleeb. I was like, are you kidding? Which across the road from me is another apartment building and one of my friends, a friend of a friend, lives in there, and I asked him to ask her what she's paying, and she's paying seven seventy for a one bedroom, which is what we originally were paying for a two bedrooms. So the thing is about this though, why I kind of wanted to bring this up is I was so naive and out of the loop. I didn't realize that these rental prices were still increasing. Now I know, obviously we had that big boom either. I think that was last year now, yeah, because we were scared our rent was going to go up a lot, but then it only went up one hundred and ten dollars a week, which we're still a lot, but we were like, that's manageable. We couldn't do that. So back then, that's when they were skyrocketing. People were getting increases of five hundred dollars a week and things that are ridiculous because in New South Wales we don't have any limits. A lot of my followers were messaging saying, that's a legal they can't do that. They can only raise it ten percent. Not in New South Wales. We have no laws around how much you can increase it by. We do have laws around how often you can increase it, which is once every twelve months or at the end of the lease. So what the cheeky buggers did last term when they raised it to eight eighty is they said, oh, we want you to sign a six month lease so that when that lease ended in six months, they could up it again, we said no, and we've just been month to month from then on and now we're just like, well, it's been lovely. We do love where we live. But also my thing is if the facilities and amenities were top tier, perhaps we could just paying that, or then I'd be bothered to go back and say, hey, would you take a lower amount? But like, our place is fucking shit, Like the security doesn't do their job. The door's always broken, the parking garage gate's always broken. The pool's down two levels underground. There's no reception in the gym. If I have a heart attack, I'm dying. No ambulance can get to you if you start drowning in the pool. The sawn is always broken. It's always fucking dirty. The cleaner is even cleaning anything. I don't know, do you know what I mean? And I mean it's like a Meriton apartment, like it's it's a it's meant to have all of these things. The building managers barely ever downstairs. If I need something like just I if all those things, if I didn't have to worry about all those things, And if you're going to charge one thousand fucking dollars a week. Surely that stuff, Surely that stuff has to be.
Speaker 1: There's hundreds of these things on top of one another.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, So it's stressful and I can't imagine. I just can't imagine. Like I kind of forgot that people were still dealing with this, I guess for the last like however many months, because I obviously expected it to go up a little bit, but not that drastically where we're now putting the position where we're like, we're just gonna have to move.
Speaker 1: I don't really understand like inflation and everything, Like we always see it on the news, like and I get it, but I also fucking don't. And every time it comes on the news every day and they're talking about the cash raiders and this and this and that and that. I always say to Aj because he understands like how all of this works. I always say, like, what is the fucking solution to this shit? Like where do we get to where something happens or does it just keep fucking going up and up and up.
Speaker 2: So the point is from my understanding, and I don't know, but I think that they raise the interest rates to make things more expensive so that people stop spending money. They go down.
Speaker 1: But why don't just keep everything the same all the time?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why I have.
Speaker 1: To go up and down?
Speaker 2: Sorry, Honney, You're gonna have to do a lot of editing today because I keep having to adjust my septum and it looks like I'm picking my nose, but like it's real itchy because I haven't had it down in so long. I keep well, Okay, then I got a nose whistle. I mean, I can't, bloody.
Speaker 1: Weird, can't my whistle?
Speaker 2: Bitch. But so the point is, I don't know how inflation works, and I don't know what the end result is.
Speaker 1: I just fucking keep everything the same. Say that houses of this much, say that rent is this much, and it's all based off how many bedrooms and whatever like. Can't we just make it more fucking simple.
Speaker 2: So I think the thing is inflation. I think this is I think I'm onto something here, but I could be totally wrong, so take this with a grain of salt. But basically, they raise the interest rates so that people who need to pay interest on let's say a mortgage would have to spend more money on that, which means they'd spend less money elsewhere. To bring the cash rate down on spending elsewhere. But what happened was because there's no rules in New South Wales, for example, all the people who are landlords when well, they put my interest rates up, so the rent's got to go double now and so now they're charged like they're like, it's like the inflation is affecting the wrong people. Also tax the billionaires, babe, Come on, seriously, we all paying it your way and you've got billion dollar companies not paying a cent in taxes.
Speaker 1: I hate it all, and it's all for what it's all to make like the richer people richer at the fucking top.
Speaker 2: And where my taxes going. I drove over ten fucking potholes on the way here today, So I just I hate it all.
Speaker 1: I don't get it. Is there a country in the world where things are the price that they are, Like, wouldn't it make so much more sense? Well yeah, but it wouldn't be in favor of like the government or whatever. If it's like three bedroom houses are worth this much and two bedroom houses this much rent or cost like fixed fucking prices. No offense to all the real estate agents out there, but they're out there also fucking trying to like they're inflating the prices of everything too, trying to rip everyone.
Speaker 2: Off, right, And that's how it works.
Speaker 1: No offense to all your real estate agents out there. We've got friends are real estate agents and.
Speaker 2: I but like they're like, oh, this one over here went for nine to fifty a week, so that means this one's worth it. And it's like, no, dult. That apartment over there is a Mazarati and this is a Mazda three, Like do you know what I mean? Like it's like I'm not paying just because the Maserati's worth nine to fifty doesn't mean I'm paying nine to fifty for the Mazda.
Speaker 1: Well, I always see as well. There's this one lady on TikTok that pops up and she does she must be like a real estate agent, and she says, here are five things that do add value to your home? Have you seen that girl? And here are five things that don't. And I'm like, according to fucking who? According to who? Who made up what adds value to the house?
Speaker 2: And like why, well that's the thing, Like I guess.
Speaker 1: They all copy one another.
Speaker 2: And promote stuff, because I guess it goes off the value of a house is the value to.
Speaker 1: Whoever's buying, yes, buying it? No, But there's all these little rules. If you put zip tap in your kitchen where it has boiling cold and soda, that adds no value to your home according to who.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I might walk into a home and go, that's amazing.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna re who I get adding another bedroom or adding another bathroom, that's gonna add value. But all these little things like stone bench tops, they do like who said that? Who decides.
Speaker 2: Who?
Speaker 1: I don't know? Why are you yelling at me? Who fucking decides everything? So I got a problem with the government.
Speaker 2: Oh I love when you rant it's so good, But I think it's funny that one I was I made a joke and was like they saw me spend so much money on Kyli Minogue. They went second, it's rand dump. But the second thing is only a couple of weeks ago. We were talking about me moving.
Speaker 1: You were talking about the one time when you wanted wanted to move to Paramatter.
Speaker 2: Yeah, people messaged me straight away and looks like you're moving to Paramatta And don't even joke about that because at this point in our lives, like we are both content to pretty much wherever I'm not see you in Newcastle law, I.
Speaker 1: Can come and live next door to me, actually, because I hate my neighbor. By the way, update on the fucking neighbor, it's gone verbal between him and AJ. It's gone verbal. Are you okay?
Speaker 2: I just breathed in so hard that something called in my friend.
Speaker 1: Just a little update for anyone who's been keeping up in the Close Friends episode about our neighbor. We have one nice neighbor and one shit neighbor. The shit neighbor hates us because we're renovating our house. It's he's such an asshole that he thinks that the park out the front of his house is his. But it's on the fucking street. You know those people that they own that sport out in front of their house. It's just like it's anywhere anyone can park there. So if we park there, he gets the shits. And he said to AJ the other day because one of the trades was parked out the front. He said to AJ, you think you're above the law. And AJ said, AJ even fuck with and told him to fuck off. And I'm so I'm so mad because they rent through the landlord directly, so they don't rent through a real estate, so I can't. I was going to call the real estate and put in a complaint, but it's just straight through the landlord. So what do I do?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: When we have finished our house, hopefully really soon, AJ has installed these really loud outdoor speakers so we can play music because we want to be able to play music on the back deck. I'm fucking blaring those at the top volume every every morning when I wake up, and I am wake me up, wake me up, like it's going to turn into a war.
Speaker 2: I love being a petty bitch. Can I just say that I love being a petty bitch? Bring it on, because if you want to be a bitch like that, and if you want to come at me like that, oh I'm going to be that petty bitch.
Speaker 1: And this is like it's a J and I. We're the most easy going, down to earth, fucking whatever goes people. We could be the best neighbors. Not that I be friends with them because they're not nice, but you know what I mean, Like we're easy going people, Like why are you hating on us? Out of fucking everyone? We're actually legends. Sorry, people.
Speaker 2: But you know what, you just have to pity these people, don't you. You just what a sad fucking life to worry about whose car is parked.
Speaker 1: Well, get over yourself, it's not your And they've got the longest driveway, like they can fit multiple cars in the driveway, and like we've only been parking out the front because the trades are taken up our driveway ever day. They got to get their tools and shit, it's just for now, your fucking dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know, just for now.
Speaker 1: Mates.
Speaker 2: I'm totally on your I'm totally on your side with this goad to start a brawl. Oh no, I'm the pettiest bitch when it comes to this sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Like I just we've never had a feud with the neighbors, and I'm just off it. Yeah, can someone move next door to be you? I'm gonna kick him out, man, talk to the landlord. Yeah, but I haven't meant to know who the landlord is. We think our nice neighbor knows the landlord.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll ask him.
Speaker 1: And so we're gonna ask him this week because you've been away this week. Because his son is in the Swans, his grandson is in the Swan. Nice, so he'll be back someday soon and A is gonna go ask him, do you know this landlord?
Speaker 2: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so keep updated everyone, all right, Well I.
Speaker 2: Might be moving in next door. That'll be fun because you can finally have the neighbor you've always wanted. Who's around for a wine having a barbecue?
Speaker 1: Ye ye, yep.
Speaker 2: Nice. So back to my royal flush. Yeah, if anyone's got a rental going, let me know. But yeah, get ready for me to move out of my stunning apartment. But I can't wait to share it with everyone because obviously, hello, privacy is a big thing. I have this really stunning view, you do, one of one of the things I would argue best view in Sydney of Sydney, Yeah, I don't know, Like I mean, other people would.
Speaker 1: Have better amazing, but like yeah.
Speaker 2: But like I as a growing up, I manifested. I was like, all I want to do is live somewhere with a view of the Harbor Bridge, you know, from my back andy or from my house. And we got that. But it's funny because I'll reveal to you what that view is in due course. But I can't wait to show people that, because yeah, I think like ever since back in the day on YouTube. I remember one time I was at home and someone knocked on my front door from the local high school around the corner from where I lived. And someone locked on the door and was like this, all right, hey live here, and they'd figured out where I lived because they'd like seen my car out the front and back then I had like the dolls sitting in the behind.
Speaker 1: Start this story on the pot, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: All right, Well, they knocked on my house and from then on I was like, wow, I really need to be more cautious. So with my apartment, we have all these stunning things that I haven't been able to show and I kind of can't wait to show that. And I don't know, scrollers, you'll have to determine whether it's a thousand dollar view or not, because it's pretty spectrum.
Speaker 1: It is a good view, I will say, but the apartment itself is not worth a thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: No way, no bloody way.
Speaker 1: Anyway, that's another episode done in dusted.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, And thank you for bringing me some lollies today.
Speaker 1: Thank you for bringing me the jelly bean.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to eat those and we are going to record Close Friends. And by the way, this Close Friends episode, I think is gonna be a really fun one because we're playing a game of some sort.
Speaker 1: I love when we do an activity in the podcast. It's not like you to bring in activity, so I'm very excited. And why did I just say bring like you to bring an activity. By the way, is it a billion degrees in here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sweating. The back of my knees are wet, so we might need to turn the aircorn on today. So I usually we ask for it off, but the back of my knees are wet.
Speaker 1: It wasn't It was cold in here this morning and now it's.
Speaker 2: Hot, feeling like a Shrek over here. Got a swamp happening. Anyway, love you scrollers, Thank you so much for listening. We'll be back on Friday. I hope you had a great long weekend. If you had a long weekend. And I don't know what else to say except anyway, Jael, I better let you go. I gotta go get my tongue peers the same way A found by the day