Speaker 1: Appod Shape Production. Welcome back to another episode about I Bad Mum podcast, a podcast where we bitch about our kids for ten minutes. That's not my kids, honestly, just think that. They're like, what are you gonna talk about that on your podcast? Because I'll write notes every now and then. I'm like, oh, that's a perfect topic for the podcast. And they're like, oh, the podcast where you just bitch and moan about you kids saying bad things about us?
Speaker 2: What do you want us to do? Say good things?
Speaker 1: Yes, will be good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say, then show me the money. Guys. The other part of it is, Katie, we do love our children. We just have moments of parenting that come up, like every other person that is doing this thing called parenting, that you you just need to speak about because it gives some relevance to other people. Yeah, because like sometimes you'll say stuff and I'll go, ah, yeah, I get it, except I'm not as laid down the track. I'm earlier in that sort of spin of it. Two girls are all to come, and it's the same with like moms with the boys. They've got the same sort of stuff. It's just on a higher level. Yeah, the boys are harder at the younger age. They get easier on the later stage. That's what most of the mums that I know they've got boys, they put in the hard yards early, whereas we've had a good start and then ours gets harder with the hormones coming in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Joe was a high speed car chase in our area the other night, and when I googled it the next day, it was a fifteen year old boy. He was being chased by a police helicopter and a police obviously car.
Speaker 2: He must be a really good driver for fifteen. That's my girl's age. I know what's with that question is yeah, but my question is where are the parents. Yeah, these children that are running around loose, they've got parents.
Speaker 1: Your solution to it was perfect that we should all just buy manual cars.
Speaker 2: One percent going to get stolen. Trust me if it's a manual, because these little ships don't know how to drive manuals. I ain't going out and getting their license and going, hey, I need an auto and emmanual. Why because I want to steal cars for the rest of my life. Flogs.
Speaker 1: Am I mad mum for calling someone else's kid an asshole?
Speaker 2: Standard? No? I don't call other people's kids assholes, often.
Speaker 1: Not to their faces. This incident was this morning. Actually, I was driving into work and and when I haven't got kids in the car, like I either like to, depending on my mood, listen to a podcast or listen to music. Depends on whether I want to be thoughtful and have some inspiration for the day, or whether I just want to be at retro's listening to the nineties dance hits.
Speaker 2: Just needing a little bit of a sensory overload to get you through the morning, make me feel young again, Yeah, totally get it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, driving in I enjoy driving by myself. Yeah, I get it a bit a piece and choiet, get your phone calls done, that kind of stuff. And the car in front of me, obviously there's some kids. You can see kids in the back because you know they're in car seats, but you know they're kind of shit shit gothers, arms and legs and shit. I mean, I didn't see it, but I'm sure at some point there was the old reach around from the mum grabbing an ankle. And then all of a sudden, I see a shoe thrown out the window, and you could see it's a small kid's shoe that's been thrown out of the window. My instant reaction is, oh, my goodness, like, that's a shoe you've been thrown out, and then I've run over it because we can't right behind, and I didn't realize that the shoe was going to come flying out the window. And then I've run over the shoe and then I've like looked in my mirror behind I'm like, oh, that shoes ruined now. But my instant thought was you are an asshole. That kid's an asshole because that mom has gone out and she has spent her money on your shoes so that you can do whatever you wherever you're going, kindie park, whatever, so you can do that shit because you've got shoes on. Now you've just thrown a shoe out the window.
Speaker 2: Made me feel really sad, maybe feel sad angry. Pulled up and that was my kid thrown their shoe out the window. Yeah, that's our windows have got locks these days. Just lock it, lock it page those animals in agent. Don't let them throw their clothes out of the I don't think I've ever seen that, and no, I've not even experienced that as a parent.
Speaker 1: This was a small child, obviously I could see.
Speaker 2: The or like a sibling. I threw it a sibling straight away. Maybe it was stuck in the middle of the two car seats. Imagine that, right, Oh, you little prick, I'm just going to throw it out the window. You're going to get in trouble from mum for throwing yours at it, Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Either way, there was a kid in the car that was an asshole, that was like, I don't care about mum's money and the fact that she went out and bought these shoes for my brother or for me. It's a complete disregard for you and your time and your hard work, anything which never changes. Rach. Honestly, we talk about the things we should and shouldn't do as parents, and we talk about the fact that a child psychologist will often say do it differently. We talk about the ninety second rule, wait and have a think before you react. I cried the other day when one of the girls was in the shower. This was like a fake cry, but I was like, at the end of my teller, I didn't know how to get this into their heads, and I pretended to start crying, and she's like, what are you crying about? I was like, you've taken so long in this shower. I can't afford the electricity bill.
Speaker 2: Did they just laugh or just say oh god, Mom's lost again.
Speaker 1: She's like stared at me, like serious, are you really crying over the electricity bill or the water bill? The fact that I'm having a long shower. And then in my own head, I'm going, are you really pretending to cry to try and get her to have a shorter shower?
Speaker 2: Maybe you just need to put like one of those time caps on the hot water system. I don't know if you can do this anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can get them from Bunnings. But my hesitation on that is that that's the shower that guests will use if they come to stay.
Speaker 2: Well, you've only got five minutes. Sorry, you don't get longer than that. Sorry, our guests that stay five minutes. Yeah, but you if it's easily to put on, it's easy to remove.
Speaker 1: We time our showers in this house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's nothing wrong with it. Let's just roll with that.
Speaker 1: My auntie came and stayed a couple of years ago, and she's really old school in that she has baths a lot o water bill when she left after having a bath every day, it's a lot.
Speaker 2: We're sharing one or two.
Speaker 1: Sorry, we tie our showers and the bath can only go up to this line.
Speaker 2: Don't feel above that line. I would loll so hard if that happened. Oh sorry, you run out of hot water. You'll just have to use the bottom.
Speaker 1: Is it okay? If I have a bath, yeah, sure, if you want a real shallow.
Speaker 2: One, you can wash your feet in that.
Speaker 1: We're thinking about getting a B day, just use that instead. As a kid growing up, we had a B day in our house. Do you know what a B day is? You wash your bum And I used to wash my feet when I was a kid. And you know when you start wearing like sneakers and your feet sink because you wear them with no socks. Yeah, I never really used the B day from my vagina, just my feet.
Speaker 2: I was loving because you call it B day? What is it? And I thought it was like the day.
Speaker 1: Day?
Speaker 2: So I could be wrong. I could be wrong. But now that you're saying that, when I was living in the Middle East for those few years, I used to do the same thing. Used to wash my feet in there when I get from work, because you're coming out of your work choose and you're like, whoa, they are gross. And that was with stockings, so I would just wash my feet in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do think that they're actually quite a significant asset to one's household when you think about it, like, we're one of the only cultures that don't.
Speaker 1: Clean your barm. We just use tissue paper. And really that's quite gross, isn't it, because you're just smearing.
Speaker 2: Eating from the same hands that you're wiping your bottom with.
Speaker 1: Also the cleaning of your bum, we're just wiping it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: When we were on holiday, we had a heated toilet seat.
Speaker 2: When you travel to Japan, they've got so many buttons on the side of a toilet. You know, you.
Speaker 1: Got hoses. It goes up, it goes sideways.
Speaker 2: I remember taking the kids and I had to go to the toilet in order to learn how to use the toilet, in order to be able to teach the girls how to use the toilet because they looked at all these buttons. And we went in ski season, so it was freezing, but then that warmth when you sit down. Now, don't get me wrong, when I sit down. If I have to sit down on a toilet seat at Westfield and it's warm, I'm fucking off that thing in a hot That means somebody has been sitting on that too far, too long. But you go to Japan and that seat is heated, so it's actually kind of that. You sit down and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, oh, I'll sit here for quite a while. This is lovely, it's enjoyable toilet It's weird. Who's the thought.
Speaker 2: Even going down that track of talking about kids and toilets and wiping the bottom? How many times do you have to have the conversation about toilet hygiene with your kids? I'm talking all ages and this whole thing of going why do you need fourteen squares of paper for one Wii fold? Its three or four little squares follow them together one Wii. That's plenty. That's not going through that paper, Like, just cut back on the usage of the toilet paper, not because we're short on toilet paper, but because you're clogging the system. And you're like, yay hi, how many times are after this conversation with my kids about toilet eyeiene?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Really implicating some bathroom rules in this episode, I think so. Bath's are shallow, showers are timed, fold your toilet roll.
Speaker 2: Bi days are used for cleaning food for day B day Day. Sounds very fancy, even just saying the word.
Speaker 1: It's a fancy thing to have, but all it does is shoot water up your asshole.