Speaker 1: Clinton is sick today, but hopefully he's at home watching binge watching, which is what you do when you're sick, because I binge watched a show on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Have you seen Ashley Madison yet?
Speaker 3: So my wife was watching it the end of last week, so I was listening to it in the background while I.
Speaker 4: Was on the laptop.
Speaker 2: So it only dropped last week.
Speaker 1: And it's a it's a documentary about the dating site Ashley Madison, which was a dating website for married people.
Speaker 2: Ashley Madison was ahead of his time.
Speaker 5: The vision was to be the largest and only website for married people who wanted to have an affair. When I would go to trade shows, would say you know who's your biggest competitor, and I'd say the Bible.
Speaker 2: So that what it was.
Speaker 1: So you signed up if you were married. It was free for women to sign up. Men had to pay to be members. You could chat, you have to buy credits to keep talking. You could chat, you could go on dates. You could then do whatever you want. You could list all your design and preferences, so people knew exactly what they were signing up for.
Speaker 2: It sounds like quite a niche market.
Speaker 1: They ended up with fifty million users on it went world whide all over the world, fifty million.
Speaker 2: This is what they said. Anyway, I don't know if they now.
Speaker 3: We're going to remember this was before Tinder, before dating apps and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: I think it was around like I want to say, twenty ten ish.
Speaker 4: I remember there was that huge.
Speaker 1: Data leak, So all these people had signed up thinking that it was they would remain private, but they got hacked and they leaked all the details of every single person on there. They leaked their personal details, their personal information, all their weird desires.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you what smart business model. Because they also charged people like twenty bucks when you were leaving if you want them to wipe all your.
Speaker 2: Data, yeah, which they never actually did.
Speaker 4: They never did, but people paid the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, thinking some sort of false security in the back of their mind.
Speaker 1: And it ruined people's lives. It ruined I mean, you're ruining your own marriage if you're signing up to it. But the Data League all of a sudden because some people signed up and never actively used it. They just signed up to kind of suss out what was going on there, met up with anyone apparently, Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Just signed up. Just I just wanted to see what it was all about. Clicked on Candy's profile. I just just wanted to see how many people I just want to see the question. Yeahs, you'd have to have it, like, you don't have to have a profile photo, wouldn't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these people are posting their photos.
Speaker 3: Surely people are scrolling through going, oh, well, there's Deborah for soccer team.
Speaker 1: Because if you were both on it, you were both supposed to be married.
Speaker 2: It was like unspoken I guess.
Speaker 6: So.
Speaker 1: The weird thing was the way they marketed this website, right, because at surface level it's sleazy and gross and it's all about having affairs and cheating.
Speaker 2: But their TVCs were so unhinged. Listen to how they marketed.
Speaker 4: It other than my wife's right, I'm looking for this. Okay, it's quite catchy.
Speaker 2: Wait till.
Speaker 4: Then more guys, everybody.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: Oh no, that's it sounds so cute.
Speaker 4: You know what's going to happen now, don't you. I'm going to be humming that in the kitchen tonight.
Speaker 2: Yeah, wife, going to go, what do you do?
Speaker 4: Because you know me with the brown guy.
Speaker 3: When I hear the ground guy, I add that's all I sing when I'm cooking dinner. Now I'm going to be doing bloody pasta tonight looking for.
Speaker 1: So the tv s's made it sound really fun and like, yeah, I want to be a part of that, but.
Speaker 2: Deep down it's just sleazy, Like the whole concept so wrong. But look in the dockumentary, fifteen million people, it's still going post the data.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Sorry, if you're signing up to that website now after a data breach and you think that it's fully private, you are an idiot and you deserve you details out.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: I think now everything's a bit more public, like maybe back then it was before Tinder and the big dating apps, everyone just thought it was this underground kind of thing. I mean, don't get me wrong, there are a lot of people that regretted putting their business email and their profile picture on it when it was when it was leaked, But fifteen million people, there would be people all over Melbourne who signed up to it.
Speaker 3: Funny you say that, because coming up next, we have a lady who is going to remain anonymous. She is hanging on hold, ready to share her story.
Speaker 2: Is she on it?
Speaker 3: Wait till you hear how long she has been on it and how long she has been seeing someone from the website.
Speaker 4: And still is.
Speaker 3: They are married, they live in Melbourne, and she joins us. Next, we are talking about the Ashley Madison docoe that has dropped on Netflix. Everyone was watching it over the weekend.
Speaker 2: It's pretty hectic.
Speaker 3: It's based around the website Ashley Madison, which was purely set up for couples who want.
Speaker 1: To cheat, well not couples, but people who were married who are going to have an affair.
Speaker 3: Now, I will point out the person who's about to join us has asked to remain anonymous. We've put the old voice to Coder on them as well. We're going to be like the rest of Melbourne. We're going to want to judge and rip in, but we we'll.
Speaker 2: Be judging to try and bite my time.
Speaker 3: But we have promised this person if they come on and share their story, we're not going to ridicule them and rip in.
Speaker 2: I'm very uneasy about it. Okay, shall we do it?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 2: All right, let's get them on the line. Good morning. So Ashley Madison.
Speaker 1: It's a dating site for married people, but you can chat and you can meet up with people as well. Of the married people that you spoke to, how many of them did you.
Speaker 2: Meet up with?
Speaker 6: Actually meet up with? Only about four?
Speaker 1: Okay, so then you've met up with four of them. Are you still with someone now that you met on the website?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How long has that been going?
Speaker 6: A little over five years?
Speaker 2: Five years?
Speaker 4: Jesus, and they're still married.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and their partner has no idea as far as I'm aware.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you do you have Do you feel guilty about that?
Speaker 6: I do?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm going to call you out straight away and go. You can't feel that guilty. It's been five years and you're still seeing them.
Speaker 6: That's two years you feeling guilty for you?
Speaker 1: Hear this stuff all the time, right? And do you like does this man? Is he telling you that he's going to leave his partner for you? So you're hoping that you two will be together properly one day? Or are you just happy being a side dish?
Speaker 6: He's not planning to leave and I don't want him to.
Speaker 3: Leave, so you you have no intention of actually getting into a relationship with him.
Speaker 6: No, I don't want a relationship with him at at?
Speaker 4: How often are you catching up with this person once?
Speaker 6: A fortnight and.
Speaker 2: Where is he saying it?
Speaker 3: Because that's the thing I said, Like my wife and I joke around and we're like, oh, like we barely see each other.
Speaker 4: I got no time for an affair. Like whereabouts you guys seeing each other motal.
Speaker 2: And you're doing this during the day.
Speaker 4: What does his partner think he is?
Speaker 6: We have been doing it during the day mostly, but there have been times that we do it on the weekends or at night.
Speaker 2: Do you feel bad.
Speaker 6: I do? It is purely just the one thing that we meet up for.
Speaker 1: If I can't you go and find someone single to do that with, Like does he have a family and kids?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: I find the whole thing.
Speaker 3: So like, ikey, can I ask what's the end goal here? You don't want to be in a relationship with this bloke. You're out looking for love yourself. Are you going to call it off when you finally meet someone or what's the plant?
Speaker 6: No, I'm planning to end it if I find somebody that I can be with all the time. And that's same goal for me.
Speaker 3: Say, if you meet the man of your dreams and then you find out that he's banging all your mates on the side, how would you feel about that.
Speaker 6: Obviously uneasy. Uneasy, he was disappointed, But I definitely would kind of understand in a way. But from what I know, I've been experienced three.
Speaker 4: I'll give you a hot tip.
Speaker 3: If you meet the man of your dreams and you find out he's doing the dirty I don't think you can kind of understand.
Speaker 2: Can I just ask?
Speaker 1: Do you like sure you're saying you're only doing this for one thing, which is obviously I think she's getting off on it a relationship. Yeah, but you must think this guy's a pretty average bloke, right, he is a pretty shitty human to be doing this.
Speaker 2: I have thought that yet, and you just don't care because it's just a bit of fun.
Speaker 6: I try not to be emotionally evolved.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how anonymous, Are you getting turned on by this bloke in particular, or are you getting turned on by the situation?
Speaker 6: I would say would be the first one.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that sounds convincing.
Speaker 6: Because we have a great time in when we meet up.
Speaker 2: Does he buy your presents and things? No, no gifts, it's just sex.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well you're missing out on the birthday present or something. Here's a question for you, because there'd be people.
Speaker 2: Out there so many questions.
Speaker 3: There'd be people out there that are probably wondered, like it would a cross their mind. I hope my partner's not doing the dirty on me. Is there any signs or anything that could give away that they're doing the d.
Speaker 6: It's quite scary what opportunities they can take the sense of what he has tried to get away with to see me as well?
Speaker 1: Like you s he's saying he's at meetings, is he saying he's own business trips?
Speaker 6: It's a bit of everything.
Speaker 4: All right, Well, look, we're gonna leave it there. We appreciate your honesty.
Speaker 3: Like we said, we'll keep our opinions too, combard ourself until you hang up.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 3: Anybody listening right now whose partner's about to go on a business trip?
Speaker 2: You know you can't do that? No, I know, but it just you know, I know, that's scary, isn't it. Ashley Madison, seventy million people were on it.
Speaker 1: That's seventy I think I think it was like fifty before the data breach.
Speaker 4: And then it's still another twenty million pace after the details got leaked. That blow is still going.
Speaker 1: The website's still going Anyway, the doco's on Netflix if you want to watch it. It's well, yeah, it's a strange one. Lauren Wake Up Reeling Good on over one hundred Jason, Lauren Good on socials h