Speaker 1: Approche Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Secrets of the Underworld. I am Neil the Muscle coumments. You've probably heard about the last King of the Cross, John Abraham.
Speaker 1: Mister Ibrahim, You've been described as the King of the Cross. Behind every king stands a loyal soldier.
Speaker 2: Their job is to make sure that that king stays on the throne. I am that soldier, and in this episode, I speak to Sydney Underground mc forte about coming up in the Australian hip hop scene and brushing souldiers with the international superstars like Snoop Dogg.
Speaker 1: I was saying something that the typical pussy hip hop Rappa wasn't saying. No one really said to my face, So you're a fuck. He's on his BlackBerry and don't want to go Snoop Shock. People are pulling out samurai swords and hammers in the car park and fuckinging tailed Buster Rhymes walks in the room, Nellie walks in the room. Fout Joe the game. Everyone's in this fucking room, and I'm like, I got this opportunity. I need ten thousand dollars and he's like, you should be speaking on the phone.
Speaker 2: Please to meet him. We'll start off with your growing up, your family and all like that.
Speaker 1: I'm from Western Sydney. I was born in Westmead, so born and born and raised in West Sydney run the heart of it. At times we lived in like caravan parks. There was like I got a little memory of that when I was in like Blacktown and stuff. Eventually we moved to Housing Commissioning Prospect. My early years were spent there. I was only there a couple of years. But then my mom was raised by a single mom. I never met my dad, so was that hard? You don't miss what you don't have, suppose, you know what I mean. So it's like I remember being on a bus once kids and I was talking about their dad, their dad, and I was like, I don't have a dad, and they're like everyone has a dad. I said, I don't have a dad, So like in my head, I didn't have a day. So it wasn't it was It wasn't hard, you know what I mean? Probably the better.
Speaker 2: Hat did you want to find it tough though? With not having someone there to help with your keeping.
Speaker 1: And all that. I think she found it tougher when he was there because he used to bash but she actually had the flea and hired with us for a number of years because he was threatening the killer. It's very abusive and threatened to burn the house down and all sorts of stuff. So how old you? And that was that man? I don't remember any of it, so that would have been one, two three. I mean, have you got brothers and sisters? I got two half brothers I never met, and I've got a half sister that's much younger than me. You get on with them, yeah, still to this day. The first ones i've never met Mark half sister to different father. But yeah, yeah, same mum. No problems there. But I really grew up it was pretty just much me, my mom, and my grandma. Never had a big family. I had a couple of cousins I met, but I was always very small, very small family, which sometimes can be a good thing, you know.
Speaker 2: Actually, like how I got broad because I've got I had no brothers and sisters, and I was just a loner with maybe i'd just had a few mates. I used to hang out with my mom and dad, mostly my dad, but then it was just almost my grandparents, my grandparents, my grandparents, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: And my granddad died two weeks before I was born. My grandma was always the one that she raised me pretty much. Yeah, and then my half sister, she was born when I was thirty eight, So that was the perfect time for me to use that as a distraction and yeah, get up to whatever I was getting up to, you know what I mean. So, yeah, but we started off in the in the Housing Commission for a few years. I don't think my mom realized what housing Commission was. She just knew it was like cheaper, affordable housing. And I think once she got there, she worked her urs off to get us out of there. Yeah, but she didn't. We only moved two blocks away. Really yeah, with too proper housing. But like, yeah, yeah, I'd already built my little foundation of people that I knew, but not like I was always frequenting it. But within the next you know, ten twenty years, I was always passing through that I knew. Once you meet people as a kid, some of them must still speak to today or bump into randomly, Like one guy I bumped into it the footy like two years ago. It was my next door neighbor. Because I haven't seen him since. We've been about eight years old. I'm like, you remember, I remember you because you was obsessed with knives, like just yeah, it's just like it's funny how far things come. But yeah, we moved away, but I don't we moved. We did move far enough away, but there was you know, we're still close enough to you. Yeah, you know. The thing was when you're when you were young, kids used to really look down on people from the Housing Commission. It's like, oh, you're from the houses or you're from the houses. I think they probably still do. You know, kids are kids, that's what they do. But there came a time when sort of being from the houses was cool, you know, I think it was, but that was probably like twenty years later. But schools, all right, I was a bit of a naughty kid. I just like, I don't know, I just I don't know what it was you kids being a kid. Yeah, breaks from rocks at cars, that's a good stuff like that. What else is? You know what I mean? I remember when when the commission I used to I used to freeze water bombs, so just fucking big icicles and hiding the bushes and wait for the bus to come through the Housing Commission safe to say they canceled the bus route. But looking back, that was very stupid because like, fuck, there could have been old ladies on the bus, Like you don't think about that as a kid, but like, but to this day they don't run buses through. They've still got the bus stops as a memento. And it was only a short distance. It was like but like we had fun all to do, rolling car time down the hill. There was this big steep hill that went onto the main That's something that ship I just remember doing as a kid. What else are you going to do? Like, yeah, well this probably hope elves she could do. But fuck, you know, mis mischiesus if kids fucking from broken homes.
Speaker 2: And especially when you're living in that kind of condition them too, and you just really you're looking for just a way out and something to do. And you know what I mean, the mischief is the the way of life, because that's that's why I remember when I was in England, you know what I mean, a lot of my mates lived in housing commissions and the thing is that there's not much else to do because in them on them a states, they don't give you the privileges what other states have got to do for kids, so the kids don't find anything to do but fucking get up to mischief.
Speaker 1: Right and having fun. Not been too serious, but you know, what's your first job? First job? My first legit paycheck that I ever got was on wrapping on Fat Pizza Alive. Really yeah, there was a show like they I used to go to this house. We used to always go smoke bombs at this house is one guy. You know when you're young, there's always that one house. Their parents don't give a fuck that let all the kids coming straight. So we'd go there and he had this newspaper clipping. He's like, look, Fat Pizza are looking for rappers blah blah blah. So I made an application and then they go, Okay, come do an audition. Boom boom boom. Did it and then the guy goes, you know you want the top ones blah blah blah. So wait for a call. So I went and gave me a call and goes, all right, you're in, And I was like, fuck, I'm in. But I didn't really think. I didn't want to like think, yeah, I'm in until that happened. I'm like that, especially in the music industry, you get a lot, a lot of yeah, but I didn't know that yet, but this was probably one of the first. Then they rang one day while I was driving around. They're like, sorry, man, we had to cut ya. So I'm like, fuck, all right, live with that. Then on the day of the show, because it was Fat Pizza Live, it was actually filmed live in the SPS studio, I get a call. They're going, we've got these rappers here, none of them I got their shit together. Can you just come down and try and help them? So I'm like, all right, I already had my wrap root because it was you know, Gangster's Paradise. Yes, yes, So they wanted one called Anglo's Paradise, which I already had, Like I wrote it in my head. I just took the words and changed it. So I fucking I get to this studio and they're like, I'm seeing how it's working and seeing these guys wrapping, and I'm just going up to all the main guys. I'm going, I'm telling you, I'll fucking wrap this shit. I've got my ship ready, blah blah blah. Worrying about these can't started, all right. So I went around enough whether that someone goes, all right, give this guy a shot. Boom, they did a dry run. I get up there, I did it, and then I just went and sat down, and ten minutes later I seen him Paul Finch or fine, yeah, yeah, I seen him talking to this wrapper in the corner and the guy just put his head down. So like, they booted this guy off, and they go, you're the one. Actually booted two of them off, but they put one at the Star, which end up being a made of mine later on, and then kicked this other one off. So I was on. So that's how I got on there, and they paid me for that, and that was my first legit paycheck. And then probably fuck, I don't even know how old I was. I must have been twenty or something. And then at twenty one, I went and worked in a factory because Santelink made your work. Yeah go by, yeah, tie, you fucking get the job. So I got this job, and I was like fucking I got in there, and then about a few weeks later, one of my mates, one of my good mates to this day, he got in there too, so I was like, at least I got someone. And I was like pickpacking in a factory but I'll just fuck around, you know what I mean. You got this electric palette jack, Yeah, I was doing stupid shit. I was getting like dishwashing, detergent putting at the end of the old watching cuns come around the corner and stuck into the wall. You used to have to stack these palettes. Mine looked like the fucking Eiffel Tower. They'd always have to restack it. Like. I wasn't made for work, and I was. I didn't care if I got fired. I was just fucking trolling it long. Then my mate that came to work with me, he ended up having a motor cycle accident. He was all right, but he broke his back. He's all right to this day. And then after he left, it was news came up and I just said, fucking I'm not going back. I'm not going back to put out my first mixtape because I was working on it. Yeah, yeah, And it was hard to like wake up at four am, you get home at two, you just want to go by six o'clock. Like I saught, I had it half done. I said, no, I'm not going back to I do it, got it out and just fucking just kept the rolling sense.
Speaker 2: When did you when did you What age were you when you probably wanted to try doing wrap? Did you just come home with do you used to do it on the ways? Were all just mess them around in your house? How did you come across.
Speaker 1: Just the year two thousand? I fucking see. The thing was there was no Ausi rapp like there was Ausie rappers. There wasn't like YouTube where you could look it up. And I found out the history about Aussie rappers like years after, not before, So like, I don't know, I just I changed schools at year eleven. So I finished school. But at year eleven all my close mates had been kicked out and they pretty much asked me to leave. They said, look, if you don't, you're going to be out of here, and they're probably half right, and I was just so I go, fucking I own changed schools. I changed schools, and I didn't like. I made a couple of friends, but it was like, just you know, I'm not an outgoing person. So by the end of the year, I had a couple of friends, but not like friends that you grew up with over the years. So I spent a lot of time by myself and I used to have to catch two buses to go to school. So I talked this like a method man rap was like a wu tang rap, and I just changed the words a bit and made it my own and I'll just be fine myself. Just just kept doing that, and then eventually I came up my own stuff. And it's to be honest, I don't even It's just because I had all that spare time and I was just sitting around. I wasn't you know, I'm not trying to go fit in with this group or fit in with that group. And I fucking I'd already had like a bit of a fight when I got to the school. I fucking I was trying to sell this phone. It was like a sixty one ten or something maybe in a dumb kind of left it in my bag. They used to go around the back smoke cigarettes. I went around the back and this cunt fucking I went back to my bag. I was like, fuck, my phone's going well. Then the bell went went to class and sometime goes, well, I know who did it. It was this guy blah blah blah. I'm like, all right, So I fucking I got made sure. I got out of my period a bit early. And I fucking put my headphones on get myself up, and I waited. As soon as he fucking came out of the classroom, I just fuck stuck this cunt. And then his mates tried to grab me. I fucking frill bin and blah blah blah, all right, send everyone to the principal's offers. Fucking got my phone back because he was still in his bag. One of these guys stole my phone. Boll got my phone back. But I was like, so I wasn't. I wasn't really making friends, you know what I mean. But like, at the same time, in that way, a few people like gravitated towards me because I like, oh, this guy's fucking who'll have a go. But I wasn't trying to make friends, you know what I mean. Like I wasn't really athletic. So you had like the footballers, and you had all different nationals. Mostly your friends are out of school. All my friends are out of school. Basically, you know, there's not anyone that I talked to this day from that school. If I up in tour, maybe how you going same one or two of them, But no one I got close with. All my friends are definitely out of school. I couldn't wait to get out of school to go back to the area see what the boys are doing it, which wasn't much, you know what I mean. So you still got back to the area now, Yeah, I still go back. Yeah, every time I go back. Not as many people around as there used to be. Yeah, probably seriously, probably only like one of my clothes mates still lives in that area. Like they've spread out a bit, you know what I mean, Because I grew up in Prospect, but I also lived in Mount Draw at Blacktown, you know what I mean. So it's a wide area. So I've still got lots of friends spread out through Lalor Park, Seven Hills, Blacktown. But like as time goes on, no one really stays there unless they have to.
Speaker 2: What about what about when you put when you're writing things down for a rape? When was the first time you actually performed it for someone? I'm not saying like performed it on stage, but actually, like, were you're confident to do it in front of your people that you like, your friends?
Speaker 1: How would you? How would you do it to see? Is this any good? But did you just know it was good? I don't know. I wasn't confident, but I'd like I'd show people. People would see what are you doing writing, Oh, I'll show you. And no one really said to my face you're a A couple of my mate said years later, we thought you were a fucking I used to like we used to go to we used to be at a prospect pub right and sit in the car with me. It was basically these two brothers grew up with these Lebanese brothers, and it'd be me them, it would be me, and always a fourth person went interchange, whether that was the driver or something like we hung out like years and it always like that fourth person would change that ever it's too much for them or something, and like people would come and they'd be like, we always thought you were a foy in the car right, like you know what I mean, But no one ever said it to me, you know what I mean. Like if they did, I don't know if it would have deterred me or pushed me harder. I'm not I'm not really like I don't like getting pats on the back. I don't think that really ever helped me. I think like doubt helped me more than yeah, people going oh that's great, Like I think I'd be like, oh man, I'd rather someone goes that was fucking ship then okay, so and that's if I really want to do it. But yeah, yeah, no one, no one. If they did say something was behind my back, it was never to my fad.
Speaker 2: So when was the first time you actually, like, say, you've wrote something, you finished it, and you want to express it and say it.
Speaker 1: Did you did you? Did you do it to anybody? Your friends or you? Just? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I guess when did you know that you wanted to fucking I want to that's wort to hear this.
Speaker 1: I just I guess it was. I guess from the start. But it wasn't like I was trying to go around to everyone. Did you know what you wanted to be a rappident or do you want to try it? Or was it just doing it write down because singing back, I don't know, you don't seriously. I was just like I started doing something. You still have them? Yeah, I still know some of them. I've got boxes and boxes of fucking shoe boxes full of ship, you know.
Speaker 2: But would you write things that were on your mind back then? Yeah, what you were going through? Yeah, it was Yeah, it was more trying to get a flow. Yeah, trying to say you know what I mean, because you could basically say anything if you put in a flow. It's like, that's what sort of gets people some of the bigger songs than not even saying nothing. But then some of the things I didn't have, look I had now thinking back.
Speaker 1: I did. I have a bit of life experience, but nothing compared to the ten years that followed, you know I mean, And I guess that's where I developed my style. In those like so I sort of learned to rap, and then all the events happened, ye, which was good because I always had something to talk about. I think that's the problem with a lot of artists, like a lot of people out there that wrap it. A lot of people like to rap about rapping. To me, that's the most fucking boring shit in the world. But do do do? Yeah, he gives a fuck. You got to say something or have a story or something to really be heartfelt that you feel.
Speaker 2: Because I actually I actually listened to some of your some of your songs, A lot of them have got to do with cops.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yep. So I'm gathering that you've had our time with the cops. It's a common theme. Yeah, common theme. And then some of it was to do with drugs. Yeah, that's also a common thing.
Speaker 2: Is that is that because so we'll start the cops. Is because they probably got a hard time and you're grown up. Yeah, we'll gone through hot time. Well, usually the drugs brings the cops.
Speaker 1: Well I was going to get I was going to get to that.
Speaker 2: But anyway, which one you want to start with them?
Speaker 1: Well, I'll start with the drugs because across the road for me, it was like a drug dealer and fucking I think back about it now, Hold are you then? I bought my first bit of weed when I was twelve years old from a bloke there was probably forty five. Now, when I think back on that, I'm like, what the fuck? You know what I mean? Like, so you would he would just sell to you, knowing it was for you. I went to the or not having in foil, got the money and put the twenty through, give me the fucking thing, and this was there was a dealer there, and this was the dealer's that so fuck he must have been forty plus. Yeah, you know what I mean. And I think back on that years later, I was twelve hell old. Could I have fucking looked? Yeah, and you fucking sold to me and your dirty count and they were selling fucking LSD and pills and all sorts of shit. Which is this on the estate? You've grown up? And yeah, yeah, in the estate. And I'd moved out, but I still knew where to get it, you know what I mean. And I had a mate that still lived there. His dad would have flogged the fuck out of him if he found out he was there, So he'd give me the money and I'd fucking go get it, you know what I mean. It's a good partnership. No, no, really, very he's that guy's like very religious these Days's a lot of respects to him. It's funny how the past. But and I looked back on that so, like I learned a lot by seeing that drugs was a common thing. I remember, just remember one day the neighbor had a fuck and domestic and he must have been sleeping with the lady across the road and she got upset and came back and I don't know, that was a big domestic and then she threw this fucking bag on his fucking lawn and it was just full of syringers. And I was just a young kid, and look, I'm just like, this is the sort of thing I'm surrounded by. Like lucky, I was young enough to like, you know, I wasn't old enough to get involved in it, but like they're your neighbors. Yeah, basically, you know, I wouldn't say it was a fucking the roughest place, Like I don't feel like it was the roughest place. But it had a lot of issues, oh of course.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but as that emotionally fucking scarred you a little bit, or you got yours just what.
Speaker 1: It is, what it is, I think it gave me a good, good head start into not being sheltered by that life, you know what I mean, because I had a good mum. Yeah, I think maybe if I had a fucking I think if my mum was from the syringers on the lawn, it might have been a bit different for me. But like, I had a good mum. She was oblivious to us moving to this place, and if she knew that shit was gonna happen, she would never have taken us there. And that's not that's just small things, but like, ah, it's people drunk and smashing glasses. You had all these alleyways connecting. Oh he's can'ts yelling and yeah it's not where you really want to bring up your kids, you know?
Speaker 2: So when so when when did you?
Speaker 1: So?
Speaker 2: Now you now you've established that you're writing, how do you start? How do you start? Well, that's the thing, how do you get yourself out there?
Speaker 1: There's his bloke you might know him mc losty. He used to host a home nightclub. Yeah yeah, yeah, So he was like the only person and the whole of Blacktown that I knew that wrapped. So we used to get the karaoke machine with download the fucking instrumentals off Napster fucking slow thing and fucking put them in the thing, put a Cassettian pressure record and were just freestyle. So he taught me how to freestyle. He said, this is what you've got to do, and I talked to it pretty quick. Before that, I was just writing. So now we're doing it off the top of our head. Blah blah blah. We used to do that probably once a week. I've still got the tapes. I've still got like a box full of tapes. Wouldn't listen to him? Why no? Because I remember I put one in about ten years after the fuck this is a while ago now, and I was just like, what the fuck is you know? So I was like, he's really got me on the freestyle thing. And then the movie eight Mile came out. Yeah yeah, He's like, I want to start a MC battle bh blah blah blah. So a Greenwood Hotel and amities we started doing these freestyle nights called Newfunk. I end up going down the first three weeks. I won. I was the winner three weeks in and that was the only way for me to get on stage was open mics or to battle. So my early days was like more training to battle. I mean, this is when you'd rock up. You wouldn't know who the fuck's coming. Do you get anything for winning? Oh fucking fifty bucks or something? Maybe if that, maybe a few drinks you've got a round of applause. So like, but from there, I end up I'm not competing in a couple of the main battles. But it was like just as I stopped battling, the format changed where you'd know your opponent and you'd write things down. Okay, I put my first mixtape out after I left the factory and some guy from there said, hey, do you want to do a show? So that was my first show and has at the Landsdowne Hotel. I think it was two thousand and six. Yeah, that was my first, very first show. And then I was just like, I've got all the people that I was with me and brought them up and from there that's where it built. So I finally because I didn't want to do open mics or battles, was just the only platform I had. So yeah, from there I built and it's just gone from there. Yeah, a lot of the rappers and a lot of like sometimes there was judges we're from like North Sydney and those areas, and I was like the only person from the West. So like that's what really made me start rapping the West. My first mixtapes called the two one four eight Mixtape, which is like these days everyone's got all these postcode bullshit. Back then, no one was rapping postcodes, but I didn't. I wasn't repping postcards like a gang. I was repping it because back then, he's if you're from the West, you're a Westie, you know what I mean? Like I don't if your kids even know what you're a fucking Westy surface look at. So there's still that mentality is So I felt like I was always going to All the battles are in the city, no events are in the west, So when I was going there, I was always like repping where I'm from. It wasn't even cool to rep where I'm from, but I'm like, fuck it, this is where I'm from. When it worked for me, sometimes went against me a lot of the time because the infrastructure was set up by city people. But like it's fucking stuck to it. It's paid off now.
Speaker 2: So how did how did you get your words for it? Like how did you come up with the you know what I mean? Like I always the name, how would you come up with like a wrap or to know straight off the bat like that quick?
Speaker 1: I was always very very quick at being a smart ass. So like those same guys I was telling you, we used to drive around, so it's like a comeback in it. Alway used to do is drive around and put shit on each other. And I was fucking I was pretty with it even at school. Even though I'm really quick, you say something, I can just be born without thinking. I've got some pretty good fucking miners. So like I just had to apply that to rap. It's basically the same concept, but you got to make it wrong, yeah, which sometimes can be hard. But like, yeah, I was, I was always a smart ass, so I felt battling wasn't too out of my skill set. What age were you when you were doing in battles? I would have been I would have been nineteen nineteen. It was nineteen, yeah, nineteen.
Speaker 2: So by nineteen you're still living with your mum and all like that. Yeah, on your state still no, no, no, wit.
Speaker 1: We moved out a couple of years prior, but I was literally a block and a half away.
Speaker 2: But you were still the same mates and still doing yeah, yeah, still the same mates.
Speaker 1: I was by that time, Well, I was out of school by then. I still had the same mates. But you were, you were on that you were on a good path or a bad path. I was walking a thin line. But I wasn't like, I wasn't like full this way or that way. So when I got out of school, no charges. No, My first charge was when I was thirteen, I got caught with an ounce of weed in my lunchbox at school. In your lunch box yeah, were no in your lunchbox. So there was a kid. His dad must have been grown right. So he's coming to school with his ship, my dad. It's got a garbage bag of this ship. I'm like, because once she can I remember, I stopped, swapped him like a stussy bean, thrill up my lunch box, right, and he was given it to everyone. And then I think some dumb bitch got caught in the toilet smoke and a joint. She gave up, some can't gave up. Another can't gave up, another can't. I'm in metalwork. Blah blah blah. They come in, they're like, asking for my name, come in sitting in the principal's office. They're like, ah, do you have any all these people being caught in marijuana? Do you want to say anything? And I just didn't. Reached out and put my lunch box on the table and they go, we think, I think we've got our man. I'm like, fuck, I don't know. And the next thing, they chucked us all in the paddy wagon together. My mate, that chuck gave me the money to buy the plot. The first time I smoked, he got done. He's there spewing because his dad was going to build the fun know if his dad was going to build the out of I was sort of like, I sort of thought I was like a wrapper there, and I was like, we're arrested, and then you know, I just fucking I denied it, Tomma, It wasn't me. My mum will believe my son would never do that. Yeah, yea, yeah, I fucking did it. But I was really good, I guess not that time as a kid, I was. It was good to getting away with stuff, just like you know, walking the line and something, you know, I mean, not everything, but like you know, I was a mischiees years, but I was, you know. So that was my first charge. I don't think I got charged again. I've only had a couple of charges in my life, nothing major. What about hanging around with the wrong people? Have you ever rung around the wrong people? All the people hung around we were wrong, wrong people, literally, but you never got let down that way. You always you knew that they were your mates and they did what they did. I think. Okay, So for instance, right, I think, say out if I hung around ten people, eight of them ended up doing time or something happened to him. I felt like me doing the music kept me off that where I might be doing a battle, and this happened more than once. I might be doing a battle, I'll come back later that night, Oh so and so got done, come back from another event someone so got shot at fucking But there was like, there's probably about ten times where I came back. If I wasn't doing music, I would have been this shite. There's been a heapes of times on't been in the area and shit's happened as well. But like music was, if I didn't do music, I would have been full time with them. So it was like music did save me. If you ever like that.
Speaker 2: Now you know when you get people, I don't know if if you have it what you do like a little lountourized, do you try and get people that you you were good friends with to get out with you to try and do it or.
Speaker 1: You don't just let it be, you know what I mean? Or is it just a waste of time trying? I thought just one like that. This is what I say these days, and I think it's more prevalent these days than ever. I always say, wrap ain't the streets, and streets ain't wrap. You can't really do both. So if someone's a criminal, they're not really going to they shouldn't go back and be fucker wrapping about it. People do and vice versa, you know what I mean. So it's hard to tell someone that's like, especially back then, I hadn't made a dollar a frap. Everything I was doing was just I was basically taking money out of my pocket. Do so to go to someone that's making X amount of dollars or week or got the potential to do it? Rob or do this. You're going to come to these fucking open mics with me and fucking we'll go battle some heart, you know what I mean? No, I didn't. It wasn't. It wasn't a thing then. It wasn't. It wasn't a career path. No one on New from Blackdown was living off wrap and many didn't until probably the last five years, ten years, maybe I'd say five. Now there's a Now there's a handful of guys making real good money. When I started, it was non existent. And that's why a lot of people probably looked at me, like, you're fucking crazy. When was your.
Speaker 2: First break break? Yeah, when was your first break in it? Like where you got you and some decent do for for what you're doing.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean. Fuck, I'll say I'll say the first ten years in my career, I didn't make a dollar. Really, Yeah, I was in I was I reckon. I had to invest. I had to invest one hundred grand in myself before I seen a dollar.
Speaker 2: And that was what getting getting your music out there. Yeah, even like albums and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Everything because you start off you my first album. There's a bit of a story behind that. But my first album costs seventeen grand to make. My second one cost about the same, so you look like thirty five grand. To recoup that sort of money, you've got to sell a decent amount of albums, you know what I mean. And without distribution and stuff like that. Only one of my sads has ever been in stores. Which one was that one? It was Living Proof, but that was only we only did a short run of that. That's the one that features Snoop. Yeah, I was through OBEs. But yeah, it was very hard to make money. I never really I can't even really say where my first break was. It's just been accumulation of things over the years. A bit here, a bit there. I think my first break was maybe the first time that I got a decent pay off music, which was.
Speaker 2: So how'd you get it around? Like for ten years? How you fucking or did you have a job at the side or.
Speaker 1: Nah, no, how the fuck you get well, I'll tell you once alright, So nineteen probably by the time I was twenty three, all my close mates were in jail one thing of the next, you know what I mean. And there was there was you know they were doing they was looking back, I thought about the other day, like for the age, they were some pretty serious criminals. They got right into it. They were land up doing and some of them was selling drugs, some of them was selling guns, some were shooting guns, remember now, doing those fucking Bam raids. And I was running the cars for the shit like this and a lot of other stories that I probably don't want to go too far into. But they got deep into it quick, you know what I mean. It's like it seemed like one week we're doing one week, we're selling sticks, next week we're fucking just escalator, do you know what I mean? So I got to see a lot and that's what that's what shaped my music a lot, because I was seeing things that I hadn't heard any Ouzsie rapper talk about before, and it was almost so early in the game that when I talk about it, cunts thought it wasn't true. I was trying to be a gangstory. He's trying to be this. But like I was, I grew up in West Sydney, was a completely different place than any of the Black Town. I was like, I'm white and I was like the minority amongst my mates. Everyone else was different nationalities, you know what I mean. Like Blacktown's the biggest cultural melting pot in Australia, Like there is so many nationals, you know what I mean. So it was like I was seeing something that the typical Aussie hip hop rapper wasn't saying because at the time, the big rappers were from Melbourne or Adelaide, like hilltop hoods and you know, you got your blissen essays and all that. And no, no, there was no street rap. There was rappers that probably talked certain things, but there was no fucking legitimate street rap. And I was getting these first hand accounts. Sometimes I'd see it, sometimes I'd be involved in it, but it was fucking legit, you know what I mean. And I think I was, I don't know, I want to sales ahead of my time, but it was just like this ship wasn't being documented by anything other else than the newspapers and you know yourself. Fucking two early two thousands, there was a lot going on, yeah, you know what I mean, probably a lot more like I got this one soign that's called untold. It's like talking about shit you won't see on the news, because even today's shit going on you don't hear about. And it was fucking guns were fucking cheap there, you know what I mean. I remember once being in a garage with about ten blokes and everyone had a gun. They were like gun polishing. I was shining their guns. And these things were fucking fifteen hundred bucks a pop back then and that and fucking these days they fuged on fifteen grag, you know what I mean. So I was like, guns went hard to get. That was just popping up left ryn center. So it's like that's where my style really developed from just doing the open. That's when I had something to talk about, you know what I mean. So it wasn't hard. At one stage, I was fucking broke a couple of years I was broke. I was just getting by do them fucking you know doing That's.
Speaker 2: A lot to find, trying to put into an album like seventeen grand bro like another one and you're not making nothing from it.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, well the first one. There's a little story behind that. This this guy tried to sign me, so we did this album. He paid for it, blah blah blah blah. And I talked to this guy who works for def Roy Records, his engineer. His name is John Payne. I remember saying to him. I said, oh, these guys want to sign me. They're invested his money. He goes, have you signed a contract that he goes, no, he goes, you haven't signed a contract. There's no agreement. So I go, okay, good, good to know. We went to a fucking out back steakhouse one day. They go all right, here's your contract and I'm looking through it and they're like, oh, we own everything you've done now and before we met, y'ah da da da, we own eighty percent of the eighty percent of that. And I'm there going nope, nope, nope, nope, And I just watched their faces go read these come to a fucking burning. After that, they sort of like we lost conduct stopped with me, and they had the hard drive of all my fucking album on it. Yeah, and I had a feature from Das Dillinger, he's like a Snoop's cousin my first album, and it was like twenty three songs or something I had on this thing. So I recommended where to get it mixed and where to get it mastered. So I just thought, fuck, you know, I've lost this album. Then I fucking one day I was at Rudy Hill at the bakery and I've seen this guy that knew the guy that mastered it, and I'm like, do you still talk to Toby Mastered and the ship? Yeah, here's his number. Okay, Toby, you wouldn't have happened to have a copy of my fucking my album fully mastered, which you He goes, Yeah, I got on file, come get it, like, I went down there, handed it over. I can thank you. I can put it out myself. So that first seventeen thousand was on them. Ah, okay, you know what I mean. But it was out of contract. So yeah, yeah, I consider it a favor. But then the next one, the next one was seven eight grand and the next one was fucking had a feature from Snoop that cost me money to do. You know what I mean? Did you get Snoop? That's a long story, but to cut it short. So when I got out of school, I went to Tave. I did a music business course, no intentions of fucking getting the diploma, and knew I wasn't going to work for Sony. I was just there to if I get it, I get it, if I all but I do it. A lot of things I still know to this day was from that course. So I remember I was at that course and one of the guys there goes, hey, man, I need a big favor. He rang me up. What's up? Because I need a massive amount of weed? And I'm like, what's He on? A pound? The fucking yes, how a don't you need? I need a quarter? I'm like what quarter pound? He's like a quarter ound. So I'm like, all right, God, bless the dirt. His name's not Case. But he opened the door, right, so I'm like okay, So I went, I left. I was in the classroom. I left the classroom, Come pick me up, can't pick me up. I drove to the housing Commission where I grew up, and there's this guy that used to sell but he was notorious for waking up at two pm in the afternoon. Yeah, it was like ten am eleven. I go there, the door's open. I couldn't believe it. He's awake, because if you wanted to get on and it was before fucking lunch and he's not getting up. He was awake. I'm like, funk, what are you doing? Okay, look, I need a favor bah And all he had was this ship Asian we because here take it. Fixed me up. Later, went to the city with this guy. We get there waiting in this lobby and this guy comes down. Heyes, yes, you're the guy, and I'm like, yeah, well, what do you got, don't I don't don't want to pull it out here, come upstairs. I go listen. You can either give me a hundred bucks for this and I leave, or we can smoke it down and let me chill. Just go and chill. So he ended up being snooped. His corrupt DJ okay, all right, so this is a separate tour made contact with him. He introduced me to the death row guy that told me about the contracts. They end up taking me to the concerts with bone Thugs and all this stuff. This is the first time I've been was on this whole tool bus. Is like a massive bustle with only three people, so I pick their brain, develop a relationship. Blah blah blah. Did those shows. I was over the moon. I was fucking young. I met some of the people that I grew up listening to. Then the same DJ came out, and the next time he came out, here snoops DJ. He's like, hey man, can you get the weeds? I was like, well, helped him out. So this became a thing. Every time they come out, I'd help him out with a weed. So, you know, one thing came to another. We're at star City Casino and it was like the game buster rhymes fat Joe, Nelly, dog pound snoop, a whole bunch of it was like Superfest, and I fucking he goes, oh, the game needs some need some weird. I've got all these little half ounces of mad weird all separated like that. It's like the game needs some weed. I'm like, all right, and the game is the tourist to be a bit of an asshole, So I wasn't gonna go up to him and go So I see the game storm past me, and then the DJ came out and he goes, did you saw a game out? I was like no, no, like you just fucking walked past. And he's like, you want to meet Snoop. I'm like, yeah, okay, come on, come in here and goes fourte it's a Snoop. This this guy's been looking after us, blah blah blah. The first thing, Snoop says, you got your ship together, and I was just like yeah, He's like, all right, we'll make it happen. Blah blah blah. I think nothing. I walked out of the room. Had till of my good mates there like they just said I'm going to do a track of Snoop and I'm like, I'll steal that until it happens. I don't do it. So then the next day they had a concert. I'm trying to get in contact with this guy. I can't get in contact with this fire all right, mate, I fucking pulled one James Bond move. So we're at it's at fucking home Bush Lost. He's hosting there, all right. So Lost. He comes out and he's finished, so he fucking OK, bro, give me your band. He goes. He cuts his band, a blue tack it on. I go. I walked through. I get to the front coppers of sniffer dots. Mate, we want to search you. I didn't have nothing on me, but the ship smelt that good that it fucking it was on me. They took me, pulled my bands down. Nothing you can go. So I'm in. Fucking the thing got in. There's three levels of security. Yeah, so I'm like, I've snug past one, but you got to get to this first one. Good luck, right. I went up to this one thing and he goes, no, mate, not the right color. So I was like, fuck, waited. I must have waited three hours, walked around, they changed guards, and I thought, I'll try my luck. I walk up confident, and just as I get there, some guy guess, how are you being? I was like my mate's cousin when I first moved to Blacktown, Hey, how are you going? Brother? How you being? Bhla? And it must have worked as such. I was this close to the security. It must have been such a good distraction. He must have thought like I was famous, excuse me, brother, and come in. He didn't even look at the color, so that got me through. Now I'm in the fucking pit with all the photographers and yeah, next thing, a fight breaks out in the crowd. All the photographers run to the front. As soon as they did that, I went on the side of the stage. The first person I see is Snoops Drama and he knew me is the week. He's like, you got weired? I said, I do, but it's in the car and he goes, fuck, Oka, bro, I've got this pass not supposed to be here. I can get it for you, but you're gonna have to take me and you're gonna have to bring me back in. He goes, right, done, So we do this mission out to the car park, we grab the fucking way, we come back. Now I'm in still haven't got the right pass, so I'm just trying to. I finally find the DJ there's been dodging me. Yeah, and he's like, oh, how you going, man? Come here? Wait here. Now I'm out in the front of Snoop's dressing room and I just see the door. The door was opening. I can say Snoom and all the acts all smoking, the air, food and all shut and I'm just like fuck. I sat there right, and finally the DJ goes, he goes, come in, come in. So I'm sitting there and I'm just like fu. I'm like in the corner. I was like me and this other guy were the only two white guys in the room. The other guy was like the engineer. He recorded like two Pac when he got out of jail already yew In, we'd already like talked and ship. I'm just like Buster Rhymes walks in the room, Nelly walks in the room. Nell. He was a gentleman. He was the only one that came up and goes hello and shook everyone's hand. Found Joe the game Run's in this fucking room, and I'm like, you know what I mean. This didn't really have camera phones. You did, you did, but they were shipped like the blue. Yeah. I had like a little portable camera that like a snapshot taken off my sister that was like a maybe four megapixels probably the best you could get at the time. I guess thought, come, let's talk. Do you want to do this track of Snoop? I'm like yeah, and he's like all right. I think he said like thirty grand I'm like, thirty grand I can't do. What can you do? I guess ten? Can you do ten? Give me a minute. I rang my mate in the area. I'm like, these are the guys I used to drive around in the car. Got this opportunity. I need ten thousand dollars and he's like, He's like, fucking shouldn't be taken. On the phone, he said to me, do you think it's worth it? I said, I don't think I'm gonna get this chance again, and he goes, all right, come fucking the show ended and drove back to the area. Gave me the fucking money or fucking Chris drove back to the hotel. I get back to the hotel and Snoop's gone to sleep. I'm like, yeah, okay, so I don't still I'm not gonna believe this till that happens. And used to be getting let down. But Daz Dillinger was there. He was on my first album, so I'm like, he does do you want to do a film clip for I think from that last song we got While we're waiting, He's like, yeah, come on. He's like, how much I'll give you five hundred bucks? He goes yeahkay, let's go. So we went through the cross. It's on YouTube. This was when the cross was the cross. Yeah, and all we did was just do laps of the cross and fucking and he's like, man, this shit's fucking popping. And we did that. We get back to the hotel, Snoop still asleep. They take me up to his presidential sweep and I'm just sitting there fucking like three am. Snoop wakes up, looks around, scratched his head, looks looks at me, goes back to bed, goes back to sleep for another two hoturds. Like fuck. Next thing is like four thirty five o'clock. He gets up, he walks in, he's on his black bestuck typing. I don't want to go Snooped about that track. So he fucking he guess all right, I'm ready, got up, did the verse in one pake and that was it. I was really yeah, I thought, you know, we have to you know, so he knew what he was there to do, so he did it. And I remember the son came up, chopped it up a little bit, made sure I got the files and blah blah blah, and I remember driving home and I was fucking Sunrise. I was so tired. I was just like, fuck I if this this don't get me in the fucking history books or get me known as a rapper, then I don't know, you know what I mean, Like I felt, I felt like that's when I was like, okay, yeah, now someone's got to pay attention. Did they pay attention? Did it? That song was never a big song for me, even to this day. The numbers are very fucking low. But the story and it is that why is.
Speaker 2: It because it wasn't promoted properly? Or is it because partly that? But it wasn't Like to me, it was more personal thing to get done. This is I never imagined i'd fucking remember walk home from school when we're fucking twelve and to sing in it.
Speaker 1: I never thought you told me back then one day you're going to do that. And like bone Thugs, I used to skip school and just listen to Bone Tug smoke Weed. So like I'm meeting all these people that are actually fucking these were my role models, you know, I mean, like fucking I never never had any males around, so I guess rap music was the closest thing to fucking it's probably the worst thing. But like anything, I was really paying attention, paying attention to with like some sort of male guidance. I guess, not that I'm fucking turned out to be a gangster or anything, but like you can still get something out of anything if you really listen to it. And that's what I was really like, That's what I probably made be a rap. I was just so interested in it seemed like a world away this shit. But did you ever keep in touch with him after that? No? No, no, I just got what you wanted. He's DJ. Yeah. Yeah, I end up meeting him again after that. Yeah, so there was another time that I met him. They came back twice that year. So a couple of months later, they did a New Year's Eve on Bondi Beach and I was there by myself. So they did the fire works for Warm Years Eve. I went straight to a cab, I went straight to King's Cross. The party was at back room. Oh yeah, yeah. So I walked up the alleyway and I didn't know at the time. There's three guys standing there. First time was John, then it was Snoops DJ and Dave Aaron the other white guy. The two pack engineer. I didn't even know it was Johnny Ron. Happy New Year, Happy New Year. Happy John turns and them and goes he reviews, and yeah, okay, take him in. So Snooper just finished the New Year's East celebration and decided that he wanted He was supposed to go straight to the background, but he decided, you want to go to the hotel and freshen up. So they take me in this section. I walk into this room, probably two or three times the size of this room, and there's like a fence and this crowds packed. They're waiting for Snoop to come through this door. It was right by the door, wasn't He's by the door, And they came in the back door. Yeah, the DJ booth, So just that section and everyone's just waiting for everyone's peak up their tips. So I get in there. There was this lady in the corner and there was like a chair and she had a suitcase and had every single liquor in it. I remember, I had this vodka of gold flakes and all this ship. And I come in. She's like, oh, where how are you going? Where are you from? I'm like Blacktown, like Blacktown, so Snoop talk about two hours. So I got I took his chair. This was only like this, one comfortable chair, and I had his fucking his personal drink pour up for two hours because he was running late. So John must have remembered that DJ and the other guy because they must have come with us. We're going to get him up. I was there for two hours in this session drink and all these other people look like that from northeast. Hello, who are you? Four day? Where are you from? Blacktown? Blackmound? So I'm like, well, maybe at least an hour and a half way by next thing, the door opened, Snoop Country, I got out of his chair, and then John came in with his little mates and then if fucking hit. They wanted to Snoop to take a photo. Right, So I'm against the wall like this. So the last minute when they were about to take a photo, so I went back and told my mates I was just partying with Snoop and Johnny Abraham and no one called me a liar. Yeah, but there was no proof. Yeah, okay, yeah, cool cool. When his book came out, and when his book come out, I came out three years the fucking photo popped up. My mate's mate sent it to my mate and he goes, is this for? I was like, so the photo of it, if you see it, I looked like a bit weird. It's because I ye, you're like kind of like timed that. I was like, I didn't want to be like this, and they go get out. I was like, and I was fucking peeking off my tits. So you know, it was New Year's fucking Probably ate a few caps, but yeah, I've had a few. I've ended up in a few funny places.
Speaker 2: Get heartbroken though that, Like the albums aren't like making your money or making Yeah, like that one to me, like doing something with Snoop Dogg. You'd think, fuck, this is going to get me out there. You know this is fuck it, and then you get this unded. Well, like as you just said, it's you know, it wasn't as good as a thought.
Speaker 1: Yes, no, like I thought maybe it would have done better than it did. But I feel like if I was on a major label, they would have gave me the publicity and they gave it the thing. But what it did do, even to this day, it created word of mouth and it was probably looked better on paper than it actually was, you know what I mean. So it's like an accolade. So when you don't started to do your your gigs, is that through getting.
Speaker 2: That signed up by somebody or is it it was just look at the plot. It was just work the mouth A lot of times. There'd be other There's a lot of promoters that are coming going in this time. Like any industry, there's people that last six months and six years.
Speaker 1: Very few make it a career. Back then, it was sort of hard to get gigs because the crowd were attracting. She's to fucking wrecktor place. You get graffiti riders, you get but end up with more damage bills and I've seen some of the fucking footage. Yeah, especially back then. These days it's not as bad. I think the venues are sort of prepare and know what to expect. But back then, oh, the toilets got tagged. Boom. No more rap shows there, Boom. We did one at Saint Mary's. It was the first time I ever seen two police helicopters. I thought there was only one, and it was fucking two. People were pulling out samurai swords and hammers in the car park and fucking getting tap it was all. It was all going down, and it's just like it was self distracted, self destructive. It was very hard to get gigs. Someone I met early on Curser. He was releasing his first album around the time I was releasing mine. He was like the only person that I really met back then that was probably as serious, took it as serious as me. And he was from Campbelltown. I was from Blacktown. Like those areas are like cousins. So we got along well, you know what I mean. I was a little bit older than him, so and he'd heard of me. So we we got along really well. And then all of a sudden, he ship boom just just took off. So he was like, come on tour with me. So a lot of the bigger shows I did at the start were supporting him. To you. I mean I probably did that for like two three years, and then from there started I got.
Speaker 2: Your money in you or was it just to come up? It got supports and was not liked up back then.
Speaker 1: I supported all the big American acts, ice Cube, fucking everyone, bone Dugs, everyone I can think of. I never got paid a dollar because they think it's a privilege to come with them. Yeah, I wouldn't say it's them as the promoters, you know what I mean, Like the promoters are all like, there's one hundred people that want this spot, and then you're performing to a crowd that's to see there to see someone else. So you might leave with a few new fans, but most of them, I'm just like, when's bad bugs coming on? So it was tough, but I was performing multiple multiple shows. I never got paid ship I mean, but it was just I just kept pushing, like you know, I always found a way to get my music done. And there was a studio, right it used to be like eighty bucks an hour, so if you're there for sucking a day, it's like eight hundred bucks a lot of money. But this guy's dad owned the studio and he put his son in there to be an engineer and so, and he liked drugs. Oh fuck you, hits it loggy. So I'd give him like three points a base, you know, bases like speed for any of you young Yeah, and that's worth like fifty bucks. And I'd give him that and he'd be up for hours and we'd get about twelve hours recording for fifty bucks. Yeah, I mean, and just shit like that, and I don't notice piecing together shit and from working in madd studios. Sometimes I'd be in a garage in fucking Mount drew It with my mate and he'd have his little shitty set up. Sometimes we record on that, and I was just just making it work of whatever we got, you know, I mean, probably until I got Probably wasn't until about my fourth album, fifth album, I started saying some money and then you've got to recoup those albums. And in twenty fourteen and fifteen, in twelve months, I dropped four albums. So I just fucking had all this. I was working at this studio, that studio, that studio. How are you getting VI? Bro? Like that's what I mean. Like where there's a will, there's a way, you know what I mean. Like I was walking a fucking thin line between being deep in fucking the wrong shit and trying to do the right shit. Like I'm not going to go there and emit anything that I shouldn't admit, but it's fucking It wasn't just from one source of revenue. It was whatever whatever worked, you know what I mean. So it's like now now it was, as I said to me, I've ondly known a lot of DJs. But to listen to you the way it could throw like how hard it is for someone to get in there? Oh man. I known artists today that will not make it for the fact that they don't invest in they don't have enough time, and they don't have enough money. And that's the two things you need. You need time and money. You can't work a fucking nine to five, do six days a week and come home and think you're gonna fucking you exhausted, you know what I mean. And then if you don't have a job, you don't have enough money to fucking record or do any of the shit unless you get funded by someone. In that case, they might take a big cut. And that's why, like you know, some people get lucky. It might work for you if that's what you need. If you need money, my advice is don't sign a deal unless you need the money, because you won't do it without money. But make sure it's the right deal. And if it's fucking if it's only twenty grand or fifty grand, then even work for a year or two and get a fucking loan or put your head down for fucking six months and take your fucking save your money and then invest in yourself and double up if you really believe in yourself. But yeah, it was just a you know, sometimes I did it hard. I was never fucking balling, But I've had a lot of fun along the way, Like I've made it works somehow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you've taken a backstep now, I know. You just look after people. That's that's mostly what it is to go around from trying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm trying to, but like I've got more of a following the other than I've ever had. So it's like this, this last this current year has been the most productive year I've had income wise as well. So I'm just like, is it fucking time to stop? Like do you stop when you fucking dorm.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like I told It's like I told you at the start of the stats sision. My son who's eleven, knows you you know what I mean and that and that's what I mean. When he knew I was doing the podcast with you today, he just goes like, well, I want to come off. I don't want to go to school, I want to come see it. I didn't even know, you know what I mean, I don't even know that he knew you.
Speaker 1: That's and it's like fuck. Like I was. I was walking down the street, up the street the other day and I was like, these fucking seen these girls. They seen me in the fucking lights and it's just four times they went up the street. I did this, you turn chase me. Oh my god, I'm like old, they're like twenty two. And I went. I was walking at the studio and I went back and I talked to the engineer. I go, here's twenty two year olds just spotted me. It's not time to stop now, you know what I mean? Like eleven, you know what I mean, like some of the stuff. At eleven, I was listening to Easy eight. Yeah, I still love Easy. I end up I end up going and doing songs an Easy's son and went to the house where NWA started in Compton to America. I was fucking pissed one night and he's I was messaging him and he's like, we're really good friends. He's like, come to Compton. I was fucking at midnight. I was pissed. I was. I called Ubo going to Compton and why are you going to Compton? Because are you English? I'm Australian and I got a friend there and got there. He's like, don't get out of the car. Like I was like, I grew up listening to this ship. I was like, and still means a lot to me now, yeah if I got eleven year olds and twenty two year old.
Speaker 2: Which I didn't believe him, but then he straight away he says, yeah, is it hustle hustle, so.
Speaker 1: Hustle Yeah, and he knew it, and it's like, what the fuck? And then on to it, you know what I mean? So yeah, but yeah, just but I take you that you don't like fame, No, I don't, well, because that's got to come wip with what you're doing now. Well, when people first started to spotting me in the street, I was like, I'm still a paranoid now, but it's like, why is this guy looking at me? Like? You know, especially the cross right, I used to go out there on the weekend. You get in a fight with someone, Ye're not blind, you don't know who, you just fucking you always fucking look it over your shoulder, And yeah, I was just always, yeah, I guess that lifestyle you are always looking over, not the wrap lifestyle. The other life stile you always fucking it's going on here. So it took me a while, and even today I'm still cautious. But now it's like before and I was like, I was like eighty percent paranoid. Now it's like fucking ten percent paranoid. More than likely. I see him, look at me. I see what they're wearing. I can tell they're a fan my demographic yea, yeah. But like back then, I was like, fucking you, don't you know what? It was like.
Speaker 2: I don't have to look over the my sholds anymore. That's what I like being out of it for. But yeah, so what's what's so? What's next for you?
Speaker 1: Then? What's what's the future for Forte? At the moment, I'm just trying to close this year off doing tour, doing tours, performing with other people, and do mainly tour management. I'll eventually just go into tour management and artist development or whatever. But I've built this many connections and build a name over these years. I was going to retire and be like, but like, what else? What am I going to? You know what I mean? Like, when you perform, do people want you to perform your old songs? Yes? They do? They always want always this one that called coppers at my front door, that everyone always I think. I think I've listened they do coppers at my front door, and I'm like, fucking I don't want to. Yeah, that's good, bro, I've enjoyed. I've enjoyed listen. You know what.
Speaker 2: And even though we've just met now, I can tell you straight to your face, but I've got so much respect for what you're doing because of the struggle that you've gone through to get to where you are, you know what I mean. That like that's massive, man, Like you know what you've tried to achieve, and you've done it from an early age, and you've kept going and going.
Speaker 1: You've not let anything stop you, you know what I mean. And that's that's a lot of fucking that's a lot of respectful bro. Thank you. I mean I thought about it the other day and I was just like, I never had no one to guide me. I never had like a father or a male to like guide me. I had to figure out everything that saw. Yeah, you know what I mean, Sometimes I hit a wall in always do the right thing, you know what I mean? But Yeah, I thought about the other day and I was like, yeah, you really did. Like you've done it.
Speaker 2: On your own, bro, You've you've gone out there and not asked for help. You've you've pushed it and you've got it. You've got it your whatever source you could do to get it yourself, you've done it.
Speaker 1: And then when you get to a certain stage you meet like minded people that may help you out. Yeah of course, Yeah, but you've got to get to that. You've got to get to get to where you've got halfway through is you've done it all yourself. Yeah, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: But like even even the Snoop Dog thing, you know what I mean, you did what you had to do to get where you have to.
Speaker 1: You need it, you know what I mean. And now I say interviews where they go how much for a collabor snow and he's like quarter million and then another quarter million for the fucking video. Yeah, I'm like, it'd be almost impossible for a fucking unsigned no one could do it into a fucking room or snep and get that song, you know what I mean. Like, Yeah, for me, I've done a lot of bucket where I might not have as much money as I like, I've done a lot of I've had a lot of life experience. I've done a lot of things that I'm happy with you. I can't complain. No, my hat's off to you, bro, like that.
Speaker 2: I've barely enjoyed this fucking interview because I'm not saying that, because I came in here with an open mind, like you know, what's this going.
Speaker 1: To be today?
Speaker 2: And today I've just then I'm just fucking wow, Like this is this fucking fullng story.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: I haven't really told a lot of my backstory. Yeah, people make assumptions or whatever they say they might know a bit of this or a bit of that, but I've never really step take my story. There's still lots to tell, but I'm planning on doing it. But it's just like where does it end? Got a couple more chapters next week on Secrets of the Underworld.
Speaker 3: I don't know if I said like you can't come in, or if there's a line or something and he's just gone fucking womp, slam me. I think it's the door one in and I'm I'm pretty sure out of peace on him.
Speaker 2: Dave the Dormant sharing stories from some of the Sydney's and notorious nightclubs.
Speaker 3: And then all I see is coming down like a cartoon, like teeth hitting every step. And then he got to the bottom and I saw I was right on the corner of the door. So I've just stepped to the side and watched everything fucking come up like you could have been there. And I was like, strike and I've heard.
Speaker 1: You say, and other one's like, you know, you like to be around John.
Speaker 3: I like to be around you, and I wish I had a been like but like other than that, like doing what you used to do with John.
Speaker 1: And in the Cross Weekly it's.
Speaker 3: Like, what the funk would I have done?
Speaker 1: There's a nightclub and it's like on the corner of King Street as.
Speaker 2: A gape, Nah, you got good new gay Ba lucky.
Speaker 3: I'll standing next to you the whole time we're on off the street.