Speaker 1: Welcome to person number one podcast. You're listening to The Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're on the way to dance bra little Man trip with before celebrating. Gooday, guys, and welcome back to another episode of The Jammo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 3: We are hungover today.
Speaker 4: It was a big Saturday night, mate. We're doing this on a Sunday afternoon, so at.
Speaker 3: Least you're getting it live.
Speaker 4: Yeah to day like this only was recorded, you know, twelve hours ago, a day ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're a real fan and you're listening on you know, day dot.
Speaker 4: We've we've pulled one out here for you. Yeah, you're welcome.
Speaker 2: We weren't together last night. We had separate things on, but we're in the same type of way. Not very good. And look it's the afternoon. We watched a bit of the UFC.
Speaker 4: It was a good event. Could have been better. The co made event was good. Yeah, Jangway Lee's Elite main event was.
Speaker 3: It got better?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it got better.
Speaker 4: Drick has Brokeshawn's nose. It was pretty gruesome but dominated him.
Speaker 3: So last night you went out to Frio.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was out with Carly some of her friends, their partners, they've got a few Scottish people. So we went to Ashland and Kyle Kyle's from Scotland and they're living with two of his friends who have just come over, also both Scottish. Then they've got I think two of her her cousin and her friend were over from England and then they had a friend who was also traveling through Perth, so they came.
Speaker 3: So it was a bit of a mix younational affairs.
Speaker 4: Everyone knew a few people there, but not everyone knew everyone. But no, it worked well, it was actually it was a good night. We Originally we're trying to go to a place called Honky Tonk Blues. Couldn't get in they didn't have their passports, so we go to the FED. I walk in to the Fed and who do I see? Josh Rogneta what are the chances?
Speaker 2: So you sent me a photo, great photo as well of you two, and yeah I felt jealous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, but I understand there was a great moment. Yeah it was.
Speaker 4: And you know, I had a good time at the fair. Was there till probably twelve thirty is Yeah, So it was a good night, good to see rog and you know, I ended up going home together.
Speaker 3: Beautiful, that's great stuff.
Speaker 2: I went out to the city celebrating Cairn's birthday. One of Grace's friends, got to see Harry Edwards, which was always good. Had a good night, ended up at the Vault until the early hours of the morning. And yeah, it was a big, big night's night. We had our DAR event last last.
Speaker 4: Friday night, all like two years ago when this comes out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on the thirty first it happened, and it was a good night night. Nine of the ten boys came.
Speaker 4: One pulled out as late as you could get, about an hour before.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and look we expected it, like we already. We actually had Josh Rognette as a backup for the night available.
Speaker 3: No, oh, he actually was. He just didn't want to answer his phone.
Speaker 2: That's fair though, very last minute. Yeah, yeah, I understand. So, yeah, Dar's night. You and I made the final week.
Speaker 4: The final it was three Yeah, got right down to the Yeah. The first game you beat me pretty quick. Second game was close and I won. Then third game I was out ahead. Yeah, and then I had a couple of chances to win, couldn't hit my doubles and then you've got a chance and put it away.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So it was a great game, nice close contest in the final, and yeah, it was good fun. We'll do it again, but we'll go from like house to house with all the boys that have boards.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, So's got a set.
Speaker 2: Up, Andrew's got one that he's making at the moment, Buckley has one, Dalton has one, Morey has one. Like we'll be able to go to like half the group's houses and and make that happen and do it every couple of months. It will be good fun. And then we can have I reckon we should make like a a plat. Yeah, a plant can get that engraved every time. Yeah, ye, even if we did home jobs. But I don't have any engraving equipment either. I don't have those skills. Surely someone could do it on the cheap for us.
Speaker 3: But yeah, it was a good night.
Speaker 2: Good night indeed, And I was happy that you and I made the final because you know, we put the hard yards in. We met Damon header beat him, got a couple tips from him. It gave us his darts and.
Speaker 3: Are very good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there is a difference, Yeah, no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: And during the week I got a special call up from Gracie to go to the Drake show. So this was night one, and I'm not shy to admit that I'm not the biggest Drake fan, Like I like him his music, but I'm not as into it as everyone else was there. But I wasn't going to say no, you know, these things don't happen very often, and he is a great performer. So went to the show and then the lines at RAC were crazy. Yeah, like I've never seen anything like it at that stadium. Normally it's fine to get into events there, but it took a long time. People were waiting, you know, an hour to get inside the venue. But luckily he didn't.
Speaker 3: Go on until like, you know, once everyone was in basically.
Speaker 2: So that was good, good performer. And one thing that I really liked was he had like this perspex ring around the arena that he could walk around, so he could go to every inch of the arena and like whatever, Yeah, whatever money you paid, you're getting like your money's worth and more. So that was good, very interactive. He came into the middle of the mosh pit, which is where we were, and then yeah, walked around the stadium started his show actually in the crowd, which was cool, but yeah, I saw a night too. He handed out twenty grand and then another twenty grand.
Speaker 4: He was getting generous, bro, he was, But that wasn't there a night one been good?
Speaker 3: To walk away with twenty k I.
Speaker 2: Would have been great. But yeah, just that was a good night. And then I've been watching severan about this show.
Speaker 4: I haven't watched it because we want to start at Karl and ivor we're watching mad Men, so I don't want to be two on the go.
Speaker 3: But I've heard a lot about this show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we can just pop that one next in your list. Yeah, Grace and I were like up to date because now episodes are releasing weekly. I believe a real like mind bending show, a little bit dystopian, but it's good. We're enjoying it. And it's an Apple TV show. We don't have Apple TV, so obviously you find other ways to do it. Yep. And quite often on these websites you have pop up ads, right, so a lot of them are sexual in nature, and this one popped up. So I was watching with Grace and it's like Jennifers, WhatsApp to you? And it's like, hey, sexy, how are you? And then it's just even though it's completely fake. It just makes the situation awkward. Yeah yeah, yeah, it's Grace joking things like who's that, that's who's Jennifer and I just play along with it.
Speaker 3: Whatever. I'm sorry, I didn't want you to know.
Speaker 2: But then the ads get crazy, like you get hen Tai ads.
Speaker 3: Some of it can be next level. There was one it's called like the Lust Game. The Lust Game, Yeah, like a little web web Yeah, well you play a.
Speaker 2: Mini clip but the R rated version. So yeah, these keep popping up, and I don't know. Some websites you get less ads, but the one we're on has like HD quality.
Speaker 3: But you're going to get through a few ads. That's what the process is annoying, but yeah, the show's worth it.
Speaker 2: So we went and watched.
Speaker 4: We went to the movies on Friday, Carl, you know, I watched one of the Oscar nominees conclave. Yep, I'm surprised it's nominated. Okay, I think it's overrated. I've seen it's nominated for a lot of Oscars.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: What's it about, what type?
Speaker 4: It's about them they're picking a new pope.
Speaker 3: It's just that process.
Speaker 4: Right, right, And it's it's it's like the quality of the films decent. I just think, I know it's very highly rated on Rotten Tomatoes. I don't think it should be that high. Yeah, you know my opinion on Rotten Tomatoes. Yeah, I would see me and Kyl gave it a seven and a half.
Speaker 2: So seven point four is I wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Say that's Oscar Best Film nomination. So I'm surprised that made the list. It's not a bad movie, but I would say like the ending was interesting, and I felt like it was just a bit random, added nothing to the story. Yeah, film kind of just ends abruptly.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I love a satisfying movie. I'm not sitting there for two hours just to walk away and go, oh yeah, you know that's so put in a better fort next time. Bucking Riders seven point five from You and Carl A disappointing seven to five because I see the Oscar nominee and it goes Best Picture. I think this movie is it has to be.
Speaker 3: Un we want it to be an eighty five if it's an Oscar nominee.
Speaker 4: So I would even say, you know, take it off the list. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, they have a few too many on it. I think they have ten things nominated. What's going on? Was the acting good though?
Speaker 3: The acting?
Speaker 4: No, the acting was yeah acting, there you go. That's their job, isn't it to be good actors.
Speaker 2: Manipaqier deal famous boxer Filipino man who is a god over there. Yeah, he was a superstar, one of the best to ever do it. And for those who don't know, he actually had a singing career as well, so he does it all. He was a boxer, a politician, like he ran for head of state or something over there, and then yeah, he also had a singing career. And I heard this song the other day because I went back to my Spotify written a scroll right down to the bottom and listened to like the first songs that I had on Spotify, and Manipacia's song was actually one of them. Manipack And this is like a song it's called sometimes when We Touch and I believe it's a cover of someone else's song yep. And I remember listening to this song when I was probably thirteen, and it was one of the first times, like you're going through puberty, you're starting to like, no, not what love is. You started to have all these feelings and this was probably the first time that I felt like love emotion through a song. Okay, And it's so funny because just this world champion boxer who's singing ability is probably like an like a seven, like he's passable.
Speaker 4: But that's one thing about Filipinos. They love they can sing, they love karaoke, they love to sing at any moment, they can bro and I feel like they're part of the culture.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go as far to say that their baseline level, like if you grab the average person from their country, you got some pie, they could trump everyone every other nation.
Speaker 3: The highest average. I'd love sing ability if they just pulled.
Speaker 2: I actually want this to be a video if someone someone can take it, that's fair because I don't know how we would pull it off. But get let's say ten people just random from every country on Earth, randomly selected and then have like an international idol, and I just want to see who wins. And I know who's going to win Philippines unless there's like an outlier, like an actually good sing gets picked. But I just want it to be the average Joe, you know, I feel that anyway I play some of this song, I'll probably have to take it out of the podcast, but just so you can hear it, this is sometimes when we Touched by manipac yeare the first song that I felt love and sadness and everything.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 4: That's beautiful and I have to close my eyes and cray beautiful.
Speaker 3: There's the cover.
Speaker 4: He's so happy bro in the steward, He's so happy packy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when we touched, I don't even know how I stumbled across that. And it's actually his only song that ever got released on spotcast since one point six mil nice three thousand monthly listeners for many there an indie song mate shout out to him that was twenty eleven. That drop twenty eleven. Manipak YEA a.
Speaker 3: Lot of time. Great stuff we have here man pack.
Speaker 2: Oh yes, I wanted to talk about this so I might make this into a TikTok as well to gauge interest. But years and years ago, I got a gift from mum and dad for my birthday. I actually think it was my eighteenth birthday. It's a while ago now, I think it was my eighteenth birthday yep. And it's funny because I never once expressed any interest in this I never asked for it ever, and I still have fights with Mum to.
Speaker 3: This day about it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Mum and Dad got me a skydiving voucher jump out of an aeroplane and it's like the top package, so you get the footage nice out of a plane.
Speaker 3: I think you do it in durry and Bay whatever whatever.
Speaker 2: And at first I was like, oh, sick, like I'll do that, but then I figured out it costs a lot of money. Who am I going to do it with?
Speaker 3: Is it still valid?
Speaker 2: I've had it extended and extended, so I just like call them and say, hey, like you reck and you can give me another couple of years, and they're completely fine. Yeah, yeah, yeah, they've been great. Now it is expensive, so only do it if you can do it. And if you've ever wanted to skydive, I want to do it with one of you guys.
Speaker 3: That would be like a cool little video yep.
Speaker 2: Because yeah, like over the years, I've been thinking, all right, could I do it with that probably doesn't want to? Could I do it with you? I don't know. Could I do it with rog he wouldn't do it? Could I do it with Grace doesn't want to?
Speaker 3: Do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, actually hates the thought of me doing it, but whatever. I don't think anyone's died at this place so great. I don't think people die common No, I think that there are enough. It does seem absurd jumping out of a plane, but it is like a once in a lifetime opportunity, and it's something that I have in my back pocket that I can do, and I want to do it. I've got to the stage where I'm like, you know, what, what can I lose? And two, I just want to make a memory with one of you guys or two of you guys or whatever. So if you want to go skydiving within the next couple of months in Perth, let me know and we can hopefully arrange something. Be selective with who I picked, because you know, if there's six people, I don't want to go with six. There's some creeps that listen to this show.
Speaker 3: Just the one or just the one.
Speaker 2: Or two just that I could be comfortable with. If any of our mates want to do it, I would do it. But I just don't know if it's a lot of money. I think it's like five hundred bucks or six hundred bucks to do it. Properly. Yeah, yeah, for the full pack full package. Yeah, so I'll completely understand. But if anyone wants to do it, let me know and we can. We can arrange that. Hit me up in the DMS and we'll have a chat. Have you ever seen an ant close up before, like a photo? Yeah, so freakish. Horrible, Yeah, freakish And after seeing this a fresh reminder yep, yeah, horrible.
Speaker 3: They look like a fantasy creature.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Disgusting, and it makes me think whenever I kill them, I will never ever feel bad, not that I even do now, but I will actually go out hunting.
Speaker 4: Them because that's what you're getting rid of, because.
Speaker 2: That's all I see when I see ants now, and I know how mischievous they are and how terrible they are, especially in Australia.
Speaker 3: Ants everywhere. Yeah, bro, horrible.
Speaker 4: They bite you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't easy to deal with. They get big, too big ants. But they're one of the ugliest motherfucking creatures I've ever seen, no doubt about that.
Speaker 3: Look it up, guys.
Speaker 2: I might pop it on the video for the podcast, but that is one of the ugliest things you ever see and scariest.
Speaker 4: They were a big animal. Bro, they'd be the most feared. Yeah, for sure, they rule the streets. The streets.
Speaker 3: Have you watched Antonio Brown's podcast with the good.
Speaker 4: I've seen clips though, could be the most wildest thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, some of the ones we're out there because Antonio Brown is an ex NFL player. He's completely unhinged yep, and says what he wants and yeah, and brain damage. He's got nothing to lose really like he's already made his money whatever, and yeah, it's one of the most unhinged podcasts. So if you like that type of stuff, go and have a listen to that.
Speaker 3: They usually produces the goods. Definitely.
Speaker 2: We just want to do this question. We got this sent in from Mitch and it's another like would you rather Very similar to what we normally roll with, so we'll play this one. This was uploaded by Harry Dunpan.
Speaker 5: All Right, imagine a rich version walks up to you right now with a million dollars, and so you can either have this money or you can flip a quarter and if it's haads, you get a billion dollars, but if it's you get nothing.
Speaker 3: Which one are you taking?
Speaker 2: So you've literally got a fifty to fifty chance of a billion dollars a billion the question.
Speaker 4: I'd probably just take the meal, Yeah, I think I would.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's the safe option and it's gonna meals a lot too.
Speaker 4: You're in your house like you're good, Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 3: Yeah. A billion and a billion's you know, so it's literally just a fifty to fifty flip for a bill.
Speaker 2: But it's a bill or nothing.
Speaker 4: A billion is you know? That changes generations and winline. Yeah, but I think I would take the meal.
Speaker 3: In the moment, you would probably take the meal. I think so. But I am a gambler. But fifty to fifty odds are great, they are good. But yeah, I want to make that Millie Rodwood try for the bill, I reckon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because money's not a factor for him. He always says it also then yeah, no, he probably would because he loves a punt.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's got that that little dog in him. He does, he does, He's got that dog in him.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Just before we get into the Spanish lesson, we're going to do the news game again. So you guys loved this last week. I enjoyed playing it last week, so let's do it this week. Who went first. Last week, you read them out second or first last week.
Speaker 4: Last week you read them out first, all right, So you're going to read them out first and the time, all right.
Speaker 2: So just for those if you're new to the show, we've taken this from backside the podcast over in England and we've kind of changed the rules a little bit. So we get three new stories. One of them is real, two a fake, and we have to try and pick the real one yeap.
Speaker 4: Two fake one real. Jamo's got to try and pick it. We read out the headline and the story yep. Story number one. Expert removes over one hundred venomous snakes from Australian backyard. In Sydney, Australia, a couple discovered over one hundred venomous red bellied black snakes residing in their backyard multpile. After noting several small snakes, they called a licensed snake catching service. The experts uncovered a total of one hundred and two snakes, including ninety seven newborns and five adults. The snakes were safely relocated away from the suburban area.
Speaker 3: Okay, can you read the headline one more time please?
Speaker 4: Expert removes over one hundred venomous snakes from Australian backyard.
Speaker 3: All right, thanks for that.
Speaker 4: Story Number two. Man sets world record by balancing fifteen chairs on his chin. In a small town in Ohio, USA, a local man set a new Guinness World record by balancing fifteen wooden chairs on his chin for over ten seconds. The feat was performed at the community center with witnesses and a Guinness adjudicator present. The man attributed his success to years of practice and a strong neck.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Story Number three. City introduces silent fireworks to reduce noise pollution. The city of Zurich, Switzerland, announced that all future public fireworks displays will use silent fireworks to minimize noise pollution and reduce stress on animals and residents. The initiative aims to maintain visual spectacle while promoting a more environmentally friendly and inclusive celebration.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to think, how would they do that a silent firework, because obviously they had drone shows and stuff, which are great, yeah, but silent fireworks, I'm not sure how that would work. My thinking so far is the first one could happen, but for some yeah, for some reason, I'm feeling like it's a GPT type of thing. The second one was the second one again.
Speaker 4: The second one was man sets world record by balancing fifteen chairs on his see.
Speaker 2: I think that could be true, but I reckon it's a chat GPT. And then the last one, I don't know how they would do it, but I'm going to lock that in as the true.
Speaker 4: So your answer is story three is true. Yeah, story one is true. Damn the snakes one hundred snakes in the backyard. The third one was a good one from GPTA from two. Now I knew that was a good a good faker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeh, Damn that sucks, but it was good.
Speaker 3: It was good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I thought the the snakes one when you first read it. In my head, I thought a thousand. I was like, that's a bit far fetched, but yeah, it was one hundred. Okay, all right, let's do it.
Speaker 3: It is what it is, all right. I picked the one true story. Yep.
Speaker 2: Scientists say that yawning is contagious even for your pet goldfish. A bizarre new study from a European university suggests that yawning isn't just contagious for humans, but it also affects goldfish. Researchers claim that they placed test subjects in front of fish tanks and had them yawn repeatedly while watching their goldfish. In sixty three percent of cases, the goldfish opened its mouth shortly after which scientists argue proves that fish can catch yawns just like humans do. Lead researcher doctor Hugo Lorentz that this could change everything we know about underwater psychology. For years, people thought fish were simple creatures, but our research suggests that they may be empathetic little guys. Okay, so that is the scientists say, yawning is contagious, even for your pet goldfish.
Speaker 3: Okay. Number two hit me with it. Number two.
Speaker 2: Pigeon found wearing tiny backpack filled with stolen jewelry. Police in Paris was shocked when they captured a pictures that had been flying around with a suspiciously heavy flight pattern, only to find it was wearing a miniature backpack stuffed with stolen rings and necklaces. Authorities suspect a criminal trained the bird to snatch valuables from open windows and cafe tables.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's pigeon with the tiny backpack.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 2: A man told nine to one one a bear chased him for cliff. Weeks later, he was arrested for murder. In mid October, a man called police in eastern Tennessee claiming a bear had chased him off a cliff, but authorities arrived on the scene to find the body of a different man, sparking a multi state man hunt for the caller that ended with his arrest on murder charges this weekend. Authorities say that Nicholas Hamlet, forty five, befriended and lured his victim into the wooded area to take both his life and identity. Hamlet, who was using an alias at the time, has a lengthy criminal history and was wanted in Alabama for parole violation. Just for some context, I'll go the headlines again. So we had the first one.
Speaker 4: First one is the goldfish yawning, the goldfish yawning.
Speaker 2: Second one was pitching a tiny backpack with the stolen jewelry. Criminal forced him to do it or taught him to do it rather, And then the last one is the nine one one court.
Speaker 3: For the bear chase off the cliff. You pick the truth.
Speaker 4: I think the second one's fake. Okay, I'm going between one and three, So you don't think a criminal could have trained Nah, I don't know. I just I feel like I might have heard that one if it was real. So I'm surprised I haven't heard it even if it is real. And I'm just trying to think.
Speaker 3: Of it, like, we'll see.
Speaker 4: You have to be a big backpack, wouldn't like, how would you create that backpack?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 4: For the pige pigeon backpacks? Goldfish shit memories.
Speaker 3: Pigeon flying through the Parisian skies.
Speaker 4: Goldfish have ship memories.
Speaker 2: Ship memories, but do they yawn when we do? Because yawning is contagious.
Speaker 4: And sat people in front of a fucking fish tank?
Speaker 3: Bro, scientists Scientist, Man, I haven't.
Speaker 4: I heard of any because one of them is true, so it's weird that I haven't heard of I think I'll go the goldfish is real.
Speaker 3: The nine one one bear chase was real, that's real.
Speaker 2: I was tossing up, Yeah, so you're from two.
Speaker 3: I was toss enough you take that.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised I hadn't heard the bear one.
Speaker 3: That's the Yeah.
Speaker 4: I knew one of them was true and I was like, which one?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the bear one is from November twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's the man there. Wow, what a story.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he called them up and said, hey, like a bear's just like chase me off.
Speaker 3: What a story, Cliff.
Speaker 2: But yeah, that's the news game.
Speaker 3: There we go.
Speaker 2: I hope you enjoyed that. We have a voice message. Here's listen to and we'll do the Spanish first. Yeah, let's get all right classes the Espanol. Alright, so we're going to start off with Megan this week. Now, this is stuff that she sent from last week, and she actually has sent some stuff here, which is great cool, so we can put that in our notes. Now we have a few voice messages here, let's get cracking.
Speaker 6: Buenos dias chicos, I love that you love persa plumer and bad bummy. We're actually going to get into that in this week's lesson, but very quickly. Firstly, don't forget that the H is always silent if it's at the start of a word.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when I was listening back to the podcast, I was making that mistake last week.
Speaker 7: So aba, not habitamano, not her manola, not hola, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 6: So that song is called a.
Speaker 4: Bay la sola.
Speaker 6: She dances alone, and in one of the lines they say, Sola me Gusta, bumy bummy. That's I like her for me, But we're gonna focus onustustas. I like.
Speaker 3: Megusta, Mygusta, Megusta or me. I don't know. Let's just uh my Gusta, my Gusta, my Gusta. Anyway.
Speaker 6: Next so after me Gusta, I don't put any of the Magusta by l. I like to dance Memusta by la. Oh, mausta, who are football? I like to play football? Mausta?
Speaker 4: Who are football?
Speaker 3: That's w.
Speaker 8: Gusta hurrah g oh yeah, so it's j u g a r hog like hoga football.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's that's that's tough.
Speaker 6: So in conversation this would look like the question to you would be tea, do you like to dance?
Speaker 3: Your response would be.
Speaker 6: Oh no no.
Speaker 2: So just having a read here of what she said so far, So we had a yah baya solar nice?
Speaker 3: Yeah, bay is it solar solar.
Speaker 2: Because a lot of these ls are silent ayah, we're using the ls at the Yeah, yeah baya Sola, she dances alone.
Speaker 3: That's sad. Then we had me Gusta Pami, so I like her for me nice Megusta Pami, So that was in the song as well. Then we have te Gusta by oh wait is that how do you say it?
Speaker 4: I think so it's getting tougher that yes, And.
Speaker 3: Then we had Teusta who hugar football?
Speaker 2: So do you like to play football? And then you can say, see Gusta hugar football, So yes, I like to play football.
Speaker 3: Nice through a templo.
Speaker 6: Teuta bad bunny, No, no, master, bad bunny, perro, perro.
Speaker 3: But masta.
Speaker 2: Okay, Well that was getting hard there.
Speaker 3: I don't know what that was.
Speaker 4: What she's saying she likes, doesn't like bad bunny, likes puma.
Speaker 3: A pemplo another example.
Speaker 2: Another example, so we'd say that while we're doing a presentation or something, Yep, yep.
Speaker 6: Bad bunny, normal, bad bunny, better bet but.
Speaker 2: Yeah okay, So yeah, she's saying, no, I don't like bad bunny, but I like, yeah, yeah, gotcha Luma. She said, sorry, that's a lot. If Maddie has also sent a lot, feel free to just split them up. Also, try to revise the previous week stuff when you can, so you don't forget it. Good luck out there, boys, Adlago Chica.
Speaker 3: So yeah, she sent plenty here, which is great. We should go over that we do a revision week when we can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, yeah we will.
Speaker 3: We can do a revision. Maybe we'll do that next week because I feel like we need it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree, I think we need to solidify our knowledge.
Speaker 2: So they felt like a backward step almost, so thanks for that. Also, because we didn't have their guidance last week too much, too fast, we filmed early that week. So moving on to Matt, he's got three messages here, let's go.
Speaker 9: Alrighty gents, sorry I miss last week. We'll make up for it this week by teaching you a little trick that will pretty much give you over one thousand words. I think it's about one thousand, two hundred and fifty words in English that you can use in Spanish. So for words like invitation, reservation, all words that end in Asian, we're going to change that. It's still the same, but it's just the pronunciation is a little bit different, so that as is going.
Speaker 4: To be a I'm just going to buy people to ship, so to.
Speaker 9: Say invitation would be in preparation, preparation, which is what we already learned which room. That's just a little trick, or give you over a thousand words instantly. You don't have to memorize them. You just know them because it's in your English vocabulary already. You just have to change it a little bit to make it suit to the Spanish. Does that makes sense?
Speaker 3: Yes? I like that.
Speaker 2: I like.
Speaker 9: So another little cool trick you can do with the same words ending in Asian, we can talk about the past tense. So preparation would be parado decoration decorating the house. La casa so decorated my house. Preparing the coffee would be fe I have prepared the coffee. Does that make sense? It gives you more vocabulary as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like smart man, and I like it.
Speaker 2: I like that. I love the short cut tips because that's one thing I think while I was drawn to Spanish as a language, is some of the English words that you can just put a bit of piz yeah, b.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's some more io n words that are sick to say?
Speaker 2: Con mu muto.
Speaker 3: I like it. That's a great tip.
Speaker 4: That is a great Tipendra.
Speaker 2: Portuguese man, Yeah, left back, left back, all right, onto a voice message.
Speaker 1: We hope you're enjoying the Jamo and Dylan Show. It's now time to have your stories heard and your questions answered to be featured on the potty message the Boys at Gamo and Dylan on Instagram.
Speaker 4: Okay boys, happy, I hope you guys are will brother.
Speaker 10: When you bump into someone and you know you should know their name, So let's say, for example, it's a friends mum or something, and you've completely forgotten their name, but they know your name.
Speaker 3: You know exactly who.
Speaker 10: They are as well. They're not a stranger, but you just you've just forgotten their name. What do you do in that situation when you're with someone else as well and you kind of have to introduce that person to them because you can't really get away with mate or you know, just not saying the name. Because this happened to me the other day. Actually, I was at a preeze and a friend's dad was there and he was making his way around the table, you know, saying alert to everyone, and you know, I thought I could get away with a mate, how are you going? But I was actually with a friend that I brought, and I was like, oh shit, I'm gonna have to introduce them, and I completely forgot his name completely, so I actually had to excuse myself.
Speaker 3: To the bathroom before he came round.
Speaker 10: Went on Facebook and tried to like look up his last name and still couldn't find us. So I knew he was a doctor, so I looked up on on the inset doctor whatever his last name was.
Speaker 3: I said Dr Smith and.
Speaker 10: I found it and then came Ain't and I was like, oh mate, how are you going?
Speaker 3: And I said his name, So it's a good cover.
Speaker 10: Yeah, what do you do in that situation when, yeah, you should know someone's name but you don't, and you've got to introduce them.
Speaker 2: It's a tough one.
Speaker 4: I'm pretty solid in these situations. Yeah, Like if I don't have to introduce someone, that's easy. Yeah, hey good, no, good to see you, mate, Like you can keep it casual. I find you just introduce you say, oh yeah, hey mate, how's it going. Oh, by the way, this is this is my friend Jamo. And then he's going to introduce himself. You say I'm Jamo's time, and then it's it's all sorted and it's not rude.
Speaker 2: That a grade thinking.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so I just would say be on the front foot and be like, oh, by the way, this is my mate, and then he's going to say I'm Mark. Yeah, and they're going to the introduction is going to be handled by them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the way it just the initial interaction just has to be like you should be confident.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because it does happen. It does, it does does, and it is a shame. But nice workarounds. Your way works. His way worked as well, but his was a lot of work.
Speaker 3: He had to go to the bath through.
Speaker 4: I was thought he was going to go on like medical directory or something to find this guy. But you know what, hey, if you get there in the end, that's all that matters.
Speaker 2: Definitely. All right, a few confessions to round out the episode. These are some that didn't make it. There's one that actually wasn't allowed on the show recently, and he's come back and said, just do it.
Speaker 3: So I'm happy. All that is it? Wishy was she?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's now time to dive into your deepest and darkest confessions.
Speaker 2: Let's hear what the people have to get off their chest.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: This guy said, I'm going to ask what you guys think I should do after what's happened? Part one? My partner of four years and I recently broke up. She decided to end things, so it's on her term. She said, I don't want to be with you anymore. On Christmas night, she messaged me saying that she was considering it but wasn't sure. After that, she ghosted me, cutting off nearly all contact for the next four days, delaying any real conversation about the breakup. Eventually, we had the talk and she was cold, almost like she'd flick the switch. He didn't offer much reasoning, just saying that she had mentally checked out. To me, this felt like a bit of a cop out, and it didn't seem like the right way to end a four year relationship.
Speaker 3: Part two. Fast forward three to four weeks, and my friends along with hers, noticed her snap location at a house multiple times, including the day we broke up. The same day they broke up.
Speaker 2: After trying to ignore it and hearing her lie about it, I decided to show up at the house. I found her there with a much older guy from her work, and he admitted that they'd been seeing each other since December. Honestly, I wasn't bothered by them sleeping together. He was probably about eight to ten years older and was really gross and unattractive, which honestly surprised me and made me feel better about myself.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 2: It's clear that she dropped all of her self respect for a rebound that she will most likely regret, so she doesn't mean so it doesn't mean much to me. Part three, The most embarrassing part is that they both work at the same company and her dad is one of the bosses, so now he knows about their relationship. My question is do you think this is something that could be fixed considering the history of our relationship? And should I forgive her if she ever reaches out or try to make things right, or should I just respect myself and move on.
Speaker 4: What I said last time, bro, wasting my goddamn sun was time, bro, wasting my time.
Speaker 3: I'll flipped this table, bro.
Speaker 2: And for some context, there is a lot of restraint. There's restraining orders on both sides.
Speaker 4: Of the waste and my goddamn time.
Speaker 6: Bro.
Speaker 4: What do you think, mate?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's.
Speaker 2: Why do you even come to us?
Speaker 3: Crazy? Bro? But it is a crazy story. Yeah yeah.
Speaker 4: And there's a lot of restraining orders involved in all of that, all that business, all that jazz all right, hi guys. Not sure if this would be a dilemma or guilty slash not guilty. Last week and my friends and I went to a pool party for the Hottest one hundred. The pool party was hosted by a guy that she used to message years ago. Nothing serious. He had known prior to us coming that I thought he was cute. As we got there, he instantly showed in me and was chatting to me heaps. We all as in my friend group in his spent the whole long weekend together. As the days went by, we got closer. I ended up staying it this for two nights in a row, even after the long weekend. He had then asked me if our friends group should all do something again and head down to Dunsbrough the following weekend. I said yes, and my friends were happy to go also. Although the friend that introduced me to him said she would prefer to go down on Thursday because she was missing out on the Sunday with us, she asked me if she could stay at his house in Donees with him because she wanted to explore the Friday. I thought this was a little weird, given he and I started to get close I decided to do what I thought was right and tell her it's okay.
Speaker 3: For her to do so.
Speaker 4: They ended up going to the beach as soon as she got there and ended up watching a movie together. I feel like I would be upset if they were to hang out the Friday together, but I also wouldn't want to say anything to seem too much. Is it wrong of me to be affected by this? Or are they guilty? Please advise me.
Speaker 3: And give me your thoughts. Thank you. Damn, it's tough. I see where she coming from.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but there's no like, there's no formal like, you don't owe each other anything really, like maybe you owe each other a bit.
Speaker 3: Of like a little bit of competition.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah, there is competition, but it also the rules were never laid out exactly.
Speaker 3: You never got to make a move exactly. Yep. And he's making multiple all right, and.
Speaker 4: Last onefession of the week.
Speaker 3: We've powered through this a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a long one, but we'll grind it out, all right, Hey boys, longtime listener, first time contributed here.
Speaker 3: Also, this person has a lot of followers. Have look at that I saw?
Speaker 2: Yeah, two hundred and twenty three makes a lot of very very high quality content.
Speaker 3: This guy.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I thought I would wait until I had a story worth telling you. Just recently, I got back from a work trip to Miami, Florida. I was responsible for shooting a sporting event all weekend, specifically covering sponsored athletes for an active wear brand. Everything was going great and the vibes were elite, as the energy in Miami surrounding the event is always high. On the second last night, one of the event coordinator girls who was staying at my airbnb, had her birthday. Let's just call her Kylie. We thought, what's better way to celebrate than have some cheeky weed gummies and a joint to take the edge off after a long day. Everyone had told us that the weed in Miami is meant to be unreal compared to Australia, so we wanted to have the full experience before leaving. On the final day, one of the team members in our airbnb was from the US. Let's call him Josh, and he Josh and he was that he was the one that sawce the gummies from the local dispensary. Funnily enough, he was the only one from the house who didn't take one. Himself.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's a red flag. Yeah, he said in brackets. This is important for later on in his story.
Speaker 2: That night, we ripped open the gummies he handed to us without asking any questions, in full trust that they were regular weed gummies, and proceeded to sit in the backyard of the airbnb, passing a single joint between us as we only wanted to have a few giggles and then head off to bed early in preparation for a big last day of the event. Yep, we all don't smoke back home, so one between the five of us, given our low.
Speaker 3: Tolerance, seemed very chilled.
Speaker 2: Yep. About thirty minutes in, we were all feeling really good and the vibe was elite. But then that quickly changed. The gummies we ingested earlier started to hit and hit hard. All I remember is not being able to move my head an inch and went from chatting shit to dead silent. Wow, my head was spinning that much. I was stuck in some sort of limbo. My coworkers instantly noticed my change demeanor and were trying to move me back inside the bedroom. Before they could do so, they started to experience the same thing, and everyone sort of disappeared from the table. From that point on, all I remember is being tapped on the shoulder by Josh saying that he was leaving to give us some space, and that was the last time I saw him that trip. Whow next, I hear a knock on the door from the other girls asking if I was feeling any better.
Speaker 3: I roll over and look for my phone, which is completely flat.
Speaker 2: I tell them I was feeling better, but still very faded, and they felt very much the same. Kylie then told me it was seven am, which was the cool time for the final day, so I thought that we were already going to be late for the first event, which made me jump up and start looking for my thing. So they're scrambling seven am. They have to be ready, okay, So I jump up start looking for my things, but then she clarifies, No, it's seven am on Monday, the following day.
Speaker 4: So that he slept a whole day oh.
Speaker 2: No, meaning the three girls and myself passed out for over twenty four fucking hours, skipping the entire final day of the event without a word of contact to the rest of the team or the outside world.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: When Josh tapped me on the shoulder, which I thought was that night, it was actually the morning of the final day, dog Bro. He ended up leaving as per normal and told the rest of the event crew when he that our whole house would hit with a bad case of food poisoning and to save our jobs. So, in a massive state of confusion, we packed our things and headed straight to the airport, missing the entire closing ceremony and final team dinner which had already happened the day before. The whole journey home, the four of us still had complete brain fog, sitting next to other members of the team and trying to sound normal, going along with the story. Josh has said the day before this week was my first official week back, and still nobody knows outside of the house group. But I feel as though they're suspicious but choose to forget as they don't really want to have to take action. Not the ending we expected to the troop, but a good campfire story.
Speaker 3: For the future. Nonetheless, So this bloke had given them some high grade.
Speaker 2: We didn't tell them, and then they passed out for a full twenty four hours.
Speaker 4: At least he did cover for them. Yeah, they got food fair, but he also dogged them.
Speaker 2: Bro, and he knew I reckon yeap.
Speaker 4: But he's trying to work his way in Bro to be like lead photographer or something.
Speaker 3: He's trying to steal jobs. That boy.
Speaker 2: That'll be it for today's episode. We hope you enjoyed it, and we're about to do it. Who's punching? And then have a nap or or something. Hit the choco milk, Yeah, little cheeky chocolate, choco lito sugar, Hey siri?
Speaker 3: How do you say chocolate in Spanish?
Speaker 4: Chocolat chocolate, choco, chocolate, milk chocolate.
Speaker 2: Hey siri? What is milk in Spanish?
Speaker 6: Spanish?
Speaker 3: Milky?
Speaker 4: Lich, chocolato lech chocolato let, yeah, boy, chocolato let che And then.
Speaker 3: How do you say how do you say I want like or you can say I like megusta chocolate li chi? Yeah, chocolato, chocol let chet, chocolato li cha Yeah? Nice? Nice, nice, all right, have a good day, so yeah,