Speaker 1: It might look a little different this week, but this is the Phantom's Lair. Part of the official AFL Super Coach podcast is the Phantom coming to you from the actual lair and I'm joined by my friends in Supercoach for another big show. The unofficial match sims are now complete. We're twenty four hours away from the official games of the preseason and then it's all systems go into opening round. As I mentioned, my friends are back here again, but one you might not recognize too much. Our man, the Chief, Hayden dos Kenny doesn't want to be recognized anymore. I don't think five names. The mullet is gone. He doesn't want to be chiefed in the cafe anymore. What's happened, Ossie?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was time to go. It was pure filth. A man on this very show that's joining us kept telling me so every day I saw him at work of five names, Simon Thomas Wilson here joining us as well fans. He told me plenty of times it was pure filth. You'll be happy it's gone now, sim.
Speaker 3: I am, I am? I mean part of me wanted to see you actually, you know, double down. They keep going with it, but you made.
Speaker 1: The right choice man now, so see our man five Names Simmy and Thomas Wilson AFL journalists for the Advertiser and Code Sports for those just joining in. Of course, if again have a look at five names, get on Code Sports YouTube watch us watch the video.
Speaker 4: See him there. But DOSSI went to Melbourne last.
Speaker 1: Week, floated with the big wigs over there in the AFL world at the Herald Sun on the plane with five names, and there was people turning their heads.
Speaker 4: When he was walking down the aisle.
Speaker 1: Was at a big preseason and the people are taking those who got plenty.
Speaker 4: For us this week? Don't you five names?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 3: People actually looking, I wasn't. I was pretend, you know, pretend as you know on planes on laser a laser focus you do.
Speaker 1: But is a big show, as I mentioned, play to talk about plenty of numbers, plenty of Intel, plenty of data from the match simulations. But of course subscribe, leave your comments, Spotify, Apple, wherever, get your podcasts. We need your feedback, We want your feedback. We love your comments. We do very much love your comments. A few coming mile away this week, which I'm sure we'll get to a little bit later. But we love our loyal their listeners. If you are a loyal listeners again, but our new ones to join our league. Take us on already twelve hundred plus in the lair open group. You haven't already seven to one nine zero six seven seven one nine zero six seven, get in there.
Speaker 4: Take us on. Now. The hipter's in there too, but we haven't seen him five Names. Where is he?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know. He's missing it at you, isn't he?
Speaker 4: He is the left right? Good night, all night. I think it's happened. He hasn't been on since that comment popped up, but doss as well.
Speaker 3: Actually what before that? You got a comment the other day about the tightness of your jeans pants, which we all found really quite funny. So shout out to whoever came up with that nugget of gold.
Speaker 1: YEP, that will take anythank you, whatever you want to say to us, we'll read it out. Just keep it, you know, sign a PG. But we'll take the whack and I'll cop the whack. It was just the way I was sitting in the five Names. You saw those pants on Thursday night, they were not actually that type of shout out to all our listeners. But Dossie, it's time to get into the big stuff. We have to start at the top with you know, we're in rookie crisis almost now, some big injuries, none bigger than your man Jagger Smith.
Speaker 2: Yeah, devastating news for the number three overall pick in the draft. Carton's Jagger Smith, a popular, popular rookie for us all. Unfortunately injuring the a cl so he's going to be out for the season, targeting a returning twenty twenty six. But yeah, just in general, in general footy terms, devastating for Jagger. Hopefully, you know, we have seen stars of the AFL bounce back from injuries in young in their career, so hopefully he can replicate that. But yeah, for obviously for a lot of devastated for a lot of Blues fans out there as well. But for Jagger himself, you know, all the best in his recovery, but we now have to wipe him off our super coach teams, which he was locked in for all of us. I'm pretty sure fans I.
Speaker 4: Was playing well too. It didn't look like much sometimes they never do.
Speaker 1: But Blues played the Saints a few days ago and he was looking good as he has all summer copped and notcked to the knee, tried to go back on, wanted to go back on, and a big blow yes, as he mentioned for the Blues, big blow to the rookie situation in the midfield. We've spoken about all summer about the top end price bracket. It might be the year to load up, but we're losing a few doss. He might big time for an emergency rookie Bible as well. Coming up this week, we might have to get our man Dan Batten from the Held Sun to join us, so keep a lookout for that on Code Sports YouTube and the podcast Shanna hopefully coming your way later this week to help you through what might be a rookie crisis. Because we know Lea Lombard from the Gold Coast the Academy gun up there who last week only we're talking about he might be looking or was on track for around one. He set for surgery too, So another one to cross off the midfield rookie list, but obviously there was plenty two like in the recent match sims the second half of the match sim of course, we spoke about the first few games on last week's show. If you haven't watched that, get on there and watch it now. Code Sports YouTube. It's all there, and that's what you need to look at when picking your team. Because it's almost business time in Super Coach.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, we've got our Amy Community Series, so we're recording Monday afternoon here. We've got the Amy Community Series starting tomorrow on Tuesday, February fifteenth, so we'll all be tuning into the matches upcoming right through up until the second of March. They are starting and getting through, so keen to review those on our show next week, fans. But as you said, we reviewed the first half of the pracking matches last week. Let's dive into Pracking Match Review two point zero. We've got some stats, we've got some guys we want to talk about, and it all started on last week Thursday with the weird three way game between Gold Coast Brisbane and Collingwood. The guys talked about it last Wednesday on our p the debut episode of Breaking Even with our Peyton talked about this ended up being a bit of a weird game as expected, but sim we got to see a few names that we want to talk about, and I'll just kick it off with some of the pies, Dekos was dominant, but one name that probably emerged in the last couple of weeks I've seen his name popping up a bit more on socials was Harry Perryman as a mid price defender option playing pure midfield. Ninety per cent about's attendances in the couple of quarters that we got to see of him.
Speaker 3: That's what we want. That's what you want from a from a defender. You even want the pure mid time or you want the plane off half back, getting those easy kids, those easy possessions, and yeah, he's yeah, he moved from Gds to Colin. We're talking about, you know, wanting to become ore of a midfielder. Seems like that's on the cards and he's a really nice price he's founding. It's definitely for some people he's jumping right into contention.
Speaker 1: That's where he landed at the Giants when he was drafted as a midfielder in his junior days, but obviously landed at the Giants with a plethora of other gun young midfielders. So it's a credit to his versatility and what he's able to do elsewhere across the park up there in Western Sydney.
Speaker 4: But you know, even in his brief stinted out of.
Speaker 1: The midfield so far over his AFL career's averaged in the nineties. That four seventeen K price tag has him priced in the seventies. So we're always looking for players who are probably priced under what under their output, and Harry Perriman definitely.
Speaker 4: Fits into that.
Speaker 1: It's still at four seventeen although the values there, DOSSI, is there enough or is the price too awkward to start him? Because what does he need to average to make it a successful pick?
Speaker 2: That's yeah, that's probably the winning question that we always ask every single year. But I don't know, I think there is enough upside. It just really depends how that midfield mix shakes out and if he's getting you know, I know this was only a couple of quarters ninety percent set, like if he's in there all the time constantly as that midfielder, you know, we're always looking for role and while it is just a preseason game, that's probably an early indicator. We probably have looked at the Collingwood's midfield depth in the last couple of years and been like, that is an area that they're you know, clearly looking to address and I probably hadn't thought of his name as much as maybe I should have in the preseason. But I think it's also weighing up. We've talked about the buyers constantly in the lead up to making our Super Coach teams here, but they have Colinwood have that round three buy as well, So I think it's just making sure that you don't over saturate your team with these Round three buyers are a reminder to anyone at home Brisbane, Collingwood, Geelong and Sydney on that round three by So if you've got guys, if you're backing in a Nick Deekos as well, after his incredible display, a few concerns coming off the plant to fascia planto fash ititis in the preseason feels like that's the new hamstring awareness or the sindosmosis as well this year the planta fasciardists, but he shook that off. If you're going with the decass, you know, if Callum Mills appears to be okay, we'll talk about him soon. If there's other guys, Levi Ashcroft, you're going to start. You just got to balance your team and be aware of that, but promising signs from Perrimount.
Speaker 3: I want to bring up from the pies. Reef McKennis looks like he's in that defensive roll. Real cheap forward, well two hundred k forward. He's someone who's I guess is now becoming of interest with all these others going down.
Speaker 2: Don't have the pads here in because we're not in the studio on this episode, but that would be a pure pil Worthy I'd say that that's not pure pill.
Speaker 3: That's you know, he's They've been talking about him playing in defense a bit this you know, this is pre season. He's gonna he should go back there. You know he's got he can play, so if he gets a chance, like you know, he's just yeah, that two hundred is a bit of a weird price at times, but if everyone else is going down, he might be. It might be a little option there or sneaky flaps at least, and.
Speaker 1: We might not be paying for scoring. It's hard to be sure what he's going to do in the role, but sometimes we do pay for job security with rookie. So we'll see how the next week plays out with games. But I don't mind that and Dossi mentioned the Ashcrofts will obviously wasn't it didn't do his chances any harm or it didn't stand out either, but it's hard to stand out. His brother played the second two quarter game on Thursday night, so six quarters three teams. This is why last week I wasn't happy with your overreactions and the overreactions of the super Coach community, because teams are trying things. You can see that you know five names, six periods at Mount Barker as well for the summer showdown, which Simmon will take us through very shortly, so a lot to take out, but also hopefully find out a bit more because well Levi Ashcroft, did you know enough when he was on what does actually mean to where he fits into the opening round side given he missed that first game, I.
Speaker 3: Think the big thing, the good thing almost is with his opening round teams, especially guy with Levi Ashtroft, is another look at him this week that you're going to see a little more of what Brisbane are going to play for this year and then you see him opening round, so then you get to kind of crats to see where he fits into their team because they're stabbed at the ragining premiers. If he's their opening round, not the star playing well, then you can pick him pretty confidently going forward.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely, it was pretty funny watching bits and pieces of this as well, with the lines. When the Suns came on, it was completely different, Like the Pies the Lions was pretty pretty casual, and then the Suns came on and it was the Q clash and it was a bit of fire in this contest. But let's talk about some of the Suns that caught the eye. I mean, Maddie Row was outstanding. I know he started last year on fire and then tailed off, but he's definitely what I'd like to watch. He's got the early buyers, so I'm probably not in the frame for my starting team, but I do want to keep an eye on him early days, especially with that contract sort of or situation looming as well. See if he could have a big career year for Maddie Row. If he can retain his start of the season for the full season, he'd be a monster. Bailey Humphrey though a bit of a smoky. I think he was brought up on an early podcast by Damo, the guest that came on. I think he mentioned that Bailey Humphrey was a smoky option for him. Probably yeah, just up forward. I don't know if the price is very tricky, but he has had some stretches fans of performing well in Supercoach.
Speaker 1: I think with his skill set, you know, you can have a big impact. Doesn't need thirty touches to score well in Super Coach. He's shown that already early in his career and back at junior level two. So very much a high impact play and we love those in Super Coach, but definitely in the wait and see basket need the full side.
Speaker 4: Is there enough upside to begin with?
Speaker 1: Is he going to bit of a slow burn in terms of finding that consistency at the top level all the talent in the world, but I do want to see a little bit more. But you know, if you are just joining us for the first time, Sam Flanders, he's still not there for the Suns, the one we all wanted to see, you know. He is really an a racing against the clock now to be fit for the start of the Super Coach season. So unfortunately DOSSI was still very much a weight and see there. But I think very much a weight and see on a lot of the suns for mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely, and that early but I just does not help mac Andrew. I don't want to. He's just a their favorite. I just thought i'd throw him out there. It's funny. I was looking back at his season last year because the hipster is a big fan of mac Andrew. He's start to last year. He starts to last year. He was averaging up until round thirteen, he was averaging eighty six super Coach points and he's priced down at seventy three and he looks like he's going to take another step up. So he was averaging nearly a ton for the first sort of six weeks of the season last year. He's one to watch for me, but probably flying up my draft boards more than anything rather than a classic selection. Let's get onto the next game. That that was Sydney g w S and probably just the big one that we're all kind to see fans was Callum Mills who didn't play.
Speaker 1: I know, disappointing now he's had his injury troubles to see him not there and we know those feet. When there's problems with a foot, it's always an issue. That's where he is all the time.
Speaker 2: The planning you've got.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's not good, but I think we have sort of been reassured since then you know that you're going to be okay or should be okay. But those things don't just go away. So will they rest him, will they be cautious with him? Will they sub him off during games when they're up? So that is a big question mark over him again. But they want him in the midfield, as Dean Cox has said, which you know it's yeah, it's.
Speaker 4: A hard one.
Speaker 1: What do you think is it put you off too much in terms of the thought of what they could do with it, how they manage him.
Speaker 2: I'm worried about it. Yeah, I mean I think at this stage, sim my position is because he's got the early buy that everyone else has, I think I'm just going to wait now and see how this all plays out. Obviously, if he smashes it in opening round, we get to see that at least, but that's where I'm standing. I'm unless he dominates opening round, I'm probably just gonna avoid. Like, if he gets a seventy or an eighty or even an eighty five or something, I'm probably like, eh, I'll just you know, I'll sit back and wait and see.
Speaker 3: Or you could go a pair him in instead. That's not too you know, not a massive amount in terms of cash bead. No. I think that's the other thing opening around. You just have to see what he's like. If he plays, you know, plays the whole game, does get subbed off? Scores one twenty, that's fine, Yeah, Golden just drove him. He's that cheap. But yeah, if there are some issues, yeah, just throw someone else and then wait till he's chief as and then bring him up after bring him in after there by?
Speaker 1: Yeah, what about DOSSI plays opening round, has eighty in the first half, Sydney and cruising get subbed off.
Speaker 4: You've seen what you've wanted to see in terms of his scoring and his role. Just say, then he.
Speaker 1: Gets subbed off. Are you letting that go in round one? Or you're taking it because of the price. It could really be a big potential call that we're going.
Speaker 4: To have to make.
Speaker 2: It's a huge call any subvest I think I'm out to be honest. I mean, that would be a very tough scenario fans that you've laid out there for us. But I think the thing that I've actually just changed in terms of when I'm looking at Calum Mills, though, now is that in my current team. I'm just not having him in my plans because I don't want to have to rotate late. You know, you say that it's pretty close price difference between him and pairm and it's still going to be seventy eighty K that I need to find. So at the moment, I'm just leaving him off my plans. And then if I manage, like you said, if there's a scenario where he just dominates over around, I can pick him. I'll just bring him back in. But for now he's just out of my team. Should we move on to some other names in this one? Angus Sheldrick, you know a solid pode.
Speaker 4: You're excited about this one?
Speaker 2: Well, hoping he plays. He's another guy that I'd love to say. I personally think he's more likely to be a guy that gets the subvest a few times this year. So yeah, but he's one to watch. I just really love the way he goes about it long term stud but at the moment, yeah, hoping he plays. I heard on the Your Coach podcast by the AFL Dean Cox was talking about Sydney and their structures this year, how he's going to approach coaching, and he just mentioned how tight a mix that they had last year in terms of not spending, not many people on the roster outside of the core, you know, mix of players they had got to go and that's something that he is looking to bring in this year. Blood more players get more mixed through there and Anger Sheldrick was one of those players that he did mention, So he's definitely one to watch for us. Ben patten Ford defender, he does seem to be in the mix for that early best twenty two fans. Any interest in him one thirty three k's you know he's played the Saints before.
Speaker 4: He's interesting one.
Speaker 1: We've spoken about him before in the Riley Bis conversation the mature aga from the VFL, but Ben patten has done it. As you mentioned. If he's there, it's a it is a great price and that jewel position status the swing. He's one that you put out my rookie ranks last week. Code sports dot com dot Au didn't have him in, but that all those numbers needs a bit of work. Plenty happening in the rookie conversation, but here is one I'm looking forward to watching in the Amy games, seeing just exactly how he does fit in, what his outputs like, how he fits in not just in the side, but alongside.
Speaker 4: Your Matt Robertson's.
Speaker 1: You're Nick Blakey's too, even more so from what we saw last week. So definitely high on the watch this this week because you know you can't discount him.
Speaker 4: Definitely not at that price.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you who should be I reckon every super coache should be watching this week their match, their their practice, preseason match gws because they could be the answer to our rookie crisis.
Speaker 4: Well hopefully five names.
Speaker 1: James Leak was another move featured high on those rookie rank kings. The tool utility that came to the Giants play at either end, but moved to the midfield in the VFL last year, put up some good numbers and then went head to head with Tom Green over some of Tom Green's injured hope, hoping that Leak was going to come straight in. We didn't see him until the second half, you know, of the longer form game there on the weekends. It didn't seem to be starting in that best gw WES side.
Speaker 4: But as we'll touch on with all.
Speaker 1: These games and some internal stuff as well, that clubs are throwing these guys around, they might do different things, and we've seen it happen over the past few years. We've always written someone off after a match SIM and our internal come to the Amy community series with the official game and they're there, so very much.
Speaker 4: Await and see.
Speaker 1: Would have like to see him there the first and a bounce or at least in that what looked to be the first twenty two or twenty three that played those first three quarters, but not writing him off just yet.
Speaker 3: Just going a GWS's match report when they had I guess something on their website talking about the youngsters how they win their first hit out of the season. This is what I said about Lee. The untried draft did his chances of an AFL debut this season no harm with a superb performance playing across the final four terms of the match SIM played in the middle and down back. He appeared to be playing with a drive footy despite the slipper conditions, highlighted by two strong contested marks in the middle of the round, possessing great ball winning ability, strong hands in the air, and a ferocious desire to tackle and apply pressure. So sometimes you still look at these you know what the clubs are saying on their websites about it, you know they're pumping up a lot, so that's a good sign. There's also two other guys that are really jumped into considerations for me. Well one hopefully it's the name, right, I'll say Ron Hang, Tody, Andro and gov and danjev and Jove. How do you say that he was reckon? He's jumped right into the calculations for a bench spot at least for me, And looks like conn of Stone's also going to be playing down back, which is kind of pretty tempting.
Speaker 1: And I think back to the leak thing as well to my point about what they're trying. You know, he's not going to be in maybe their top three e Stentard bounce of rotation, so you know they played him in the next quarter so he could play three cords in the midfield. You know, it's better than they're not always going to play him in that first group where he plays twenty percent midfield and the rest at half four because he've got all your big names running around. So like I think we'll talk about just say Elijah hewittt from that the Eagles, Doss is telling them he's in the B side in match him. But as DOSSI said as well, because he've got a full hit out in the midfield. So clubs do different things. You have to sort of look into a little bit deeper there, like five names mentioned and hopefully hopefully we'll see James Leak in that Best Gows side for the Amy series.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think that's a really good point though, when we do see these especially intra clubs out there and we see the squads because they want to play if they want them in that fourth fifth mid rotation, they're not going to play them in the squad as a forward or whatever, because they'll just be sitting on the bench. In reality, they're going to be sitting on the bench and coming on to play midfield. So yeah, like a guy like Hewitt and even an Erasmus or maybe even a Sheldric like these guys are still in frame, but they might be playing on the B team just to get that mid time. So I think is a good point to look out for. Last thing on this game, your man, Maddy Roberts fans not a heap of love on the kickings. He only took one Nick Blakey five Oli Florent two. Any concerns with your man, Maddi Roberts for a big breakout.
Speaker 1: Year, it'd be tough getting the kicking when Nick blake is around. You sprint back there to get them. Oli Florent took a couple, as you mentioned, but no, no concern Let's see what happens when we get some official numbers. We know they like to go to him, They like to give it back to him again he can. He's not going to be the number one kicking kicking man. Nick Blakey is going to be that guy again as he was last year. But you know, if Matt Roberts is Nick Blakey's go to in the pocket, then that's all we want to So no big concerns just yet.
Speaker 4: Obviously you'd rather see a bigger score than not.
Speaker 1: But he's back in, really back in the conversation with me with If Callum Mills doesn't get up, I've set it on the show before, can you start both of them? Probably not a fit Meal. You probably can't pick Roberts over him over his skipper, but if Meals is not there, it helps out with my balance in that nasty early buy, so made Roberts back in the conversation, despite as he mentioned that one kicking.
Speaker 2: Let's get onto the next game, and we've got our expert a reporter here, Simeon Thomas Wilson aka five Names, Adelaide v Port Mount Barker last week, talk us through it, talk us through some options we can be talking about from Adelaide.
Speaker 3: I was hoping this guy, and this is selfish in me, I was hoping this guy would continue to sneak under the radar and I would get him as a nice little pod and I would be absolutely laughing. Jake Celigo just put all my best laid plans, just kill them. He absolutely destroyed it. Yes, Rankin wasn't there, he was ill. But Celeijo, I think he's actually a really interesting option now he's well priced. His price is like his price is four forty seven, like he's and he's going to there's still you know, is he going to at't got more guys going through that midfield. But I still think he's going to play so much on the ball and I think he's in for an absolute breakout year. So yeah, Unfortunately, I think people are going to catch on the myst legal idea that's not Yeah, that's what that one up because I was selfish. Pete Ling's I think he's done. I mean again, lesson ranking isn't there, But like what the worst that's going to do is? I mean he plays a little more half forward. I think he's doing everything that you want to see at that price. You know he's the guy there. Dawson obviously playing you know, the Crow's midfield, but pretty much they really beat Port's midfield. Junt Franciso was excellent. Probably he's I think if you do want to go with him and F one or F two, you wouldn't be persuaded from that. Yeah, what else of that? Joe Berry, I think he's all but locked in for a round one day boot. He looked has some really nice moments, like really good moments. So he's more bench option, but you could definitely roll with him. He should get games early on Draper again, he shows he's got something. I was just feared he's got subritten all over him. For me, Draper, what do we want to talk about?
Speaker 4: Well, I just go back to Jake Sligo. You mentioned just his price, A big pod four k you.
Speaker 1: Mentioned cheaper than the Clayton Oliver, So could you pick a Jake Sleigo over Clayton Oliver would be a big cook. We know Jake Sligo can go big, as he's done at the start of last season in particular, so I don't mind that.
Speaker 4: But back to Jordan Dawson.
Speaker 1: You spoke about it on last week's show from the internal trial up in Port Perry DOSSI was pretty keen to find out what Jordan Dawson was doing where he was being used. But again as we saw up in Mount Barker, predominantly in the midfield again, which is what does he wants to see? He got excited last week. Did you both see enough again? You know we've discussed the chances that he's used around the place to fix holes when Matthew Nicks needs some help elsewhere. But again, impressive performance in the midfield from the skipper.
Speaker 3: I reckon if you're if you're considering him or you like him, yeah, go ahead, like he's definitely going to be I mean he had four tackles as well. You know he's one of those yeah, I mean I think he's one of those guys that he should be feeling pretty good about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's been in my plans for a while now. I'm just so high on him proving his year from last year, which was a stinker of a start for his standards, you know, low one hundred average four. Dawson for me just feels unders for what the great man, the Captain of the Adelaide Crows can achieve. I just wonder I just bringing it up now because it feels like everyone at AID is an option this year, and everyone feels like everyone's going to improve, everyone's going to improve their average. I think Dawson's going to do better. Sim thinks Celego's having a breakout year. We all are pretty high on James Petling, Rankin's going to have a superstar Like they can't all be amazing in general, Like some person's going to miss out or we're going to not all get that upside that we're after. I thought maybe I bring to the table is Petling maybe the one that doesn't play as much mid time as we suspect. You've got a guy like Saligo coming through that had that superstar game. Peteling is more of your grunt sort of work rate midfielder. Does he end up playing what we've seen like a ben Keyes do in the last couple of years, sim and play more forward.
Speaker 3: I think there's I think that is a possibility, but I think you got to look at his price, like his price is cheap enough where what is it he needs maybe like eighties or something, you know, eighties nine, which you know still could probably get that half forty. These definitely will go through the midfield at some point. I don't know how much. I think maybe you see Celego go to a wing at some point. But then but even though you know you do get worried about him going on wing, he goes straight to the contest after that. That's something that stood out for me when I saw him with Paul Pierry. So I feel like you probably cook like at the moment, I'm going with Rank and Celego and feeling a little bit of a risk, but I feel like you probably can get away with three.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but still in for me as well as five, and then mentioned three point fifty two. K doesn't need to be your first choice midfielder as long as he's in the rotation, and amateur stats canon had him as seventeen touches and six tackles six marks in the first three quarters before they flip their side. So I think he can do enough. We know he's hungry.
Speaker 3: We know he.
Speaker 1: Attacks the body as well as you showed at Mount Barky, works hard into space and back the other way too, So I think he's going to do enough at the price is that ranking conversation? I think it's a It is a good question, Junior, But again in that.
Speaker 4: Forward pool, you know, doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: I think you get you just have to watch it this week. Yeah, yeah, that's what you got to say.
Speaker 4: With the Horny One.
Speaker 1: Now, five Names and I were over in Melbourne, you know, there for two days. Our peyton was didn't didn't shop on the second. They didn't want to face the conversation of the Horny One. But surely he's got him in now he's still being stubborn, hasn't got him in yet. But I'm just not sure what else the Horny one has to do. We don't really have to talk about it anymore, but we know our listens, so we wait.
Speaker 4: We wait, with have to get him out. Just talk about the Horny one.
Speaker 3: One day, didn't the Horny one come into his team briefly though, that's what I heard.
Speaker 4: Who knows.
Speaker 1: I think he's going to back out now, But I saw some the ideas floating around in the super coach community given the mid price options as popping up again. These are only glorified training sessions and practice matches, So we can't be changing up and put in all these mid price of guys on the back of what we've seen so far. Let's wait until after next week. But the thought was, you know, his horn France is the one that makes way. We saw Hugo Garcia put his hand up to become another serious selection or consideration in the mid price bracket in the forward line, and the thought was to we drop Horn Frances save some money by doing that.
Speaker 4: But I just don't think you can. I think you know, I think.
Speaker 1: You can get to one teen if you're in this forward, Paul, if you're not picking him, you're going to be behind.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And to the point of our Adelaide conversation before, I'd prefer to start Horn Francis than a rankin. If you've got that one big forward, I'd be dropping ranking even just only because we haven't seen him play for Adelaide yet. He played for the Indigenous All Stars in that game. But that was you know, we couldn't take anything out of that as to where what his role is going to be like this year, big big watch on the practice match again, as we said this week, the official one with Adelaide and Brisbane. But yeah, that's the toss up for me. If I downgrade one, it won't be Jason Horn Francis. Let's get onto the Carlton Saint Kilter game. You just mentioned a player that's was very relevant. We might as well just start with him. Hugo Garcia getting plenty of mid time two hundred and forty five k as a forward, see him? Any interest in this guy? He's a tackling machine, is Hugo Garcia And now he's in that midfield mix for the Saints with a guy like mattaus Philippa who was in their plans all pre season going down. Looks like he's taking a bit of that role.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like him. I've I'm trying to figure a way how to get him in. He'd be a nice flats woun't he like just a little price he might be ideing the forward LI like, I just yeah, I think it looks like he's going to be the third the third guy in that Saint's midfield, which if that the role, If that's the case this week, he has to be like he's almost like he must have, isn't he.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So looking at some of the CBA's Center Bounce attendances from the weekend taken by Matt Forrest, you know you can check those out as well, el Son or Code.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about enough, Oh yeah, right, his work.
Speaker 2: There was I mean, this is their midfield mix ninety six percent for Jack Steel of the center bouncers, Jack McCrae, who will talk about in the second eighty six percent, he was definitely in the midfield. And then you had just a pretty tight mix here Hugo Garcia with sixty four percent, so he was third banana there. And then if you box all a bit of a rookie option as well. So as we said we're going to be touching, there's going to be the rookie Bible coming out. Just keep an eye out for that for all these names, but Hugo Garcia, to Sim's point, you know, he's he's in there in the midfield mix fans and surely some interest from you as well just quickly though.
Speaker 1: The Dan Batton is very very excited about the upcoming rookie Bible additions. Some big names coming in, some big updated verdicts, so keep an.
Speaker 4: Eye out for that.
Speaker 1: Hugo Garcia isn't I don't think a massive over actionally know I'm big on my overactions, Dossy, but we spoke about this guy last year. Tackles, wins contested footy. What he does is good for his supercoat scoring comes in hopefully going to get more opportunity because he's shown in glimpses that you know, his points per minute if you went back and looked at it in his limited opportunity was pretty good.
Speaker 4: Last season.
Speaker 1: So I think he was very much a trading option at one point last year. So Locke might be a little bit too far yet five days, but definitely he's one and I don't change my side a lot, but he has come in to my team and I think potentially, you know, we could start this guy on field in the midfield as well. Again, necessarily have to take an Isaac Rankin out to fit him in. We've had some injuries for rookies in the midfield, so maybe restructure up and he's your DPP swing potentially to start the season, because yeah, I agree, I'm on board. Then hopefully see or tick one more box in the Amy game.
Speaker 2: Plenty of other cheapies on watch, and as we said, you know the Rookie Bible, you'll cover a lot of these names, but I'll just mention them here. Lim O'Connell was impressive, playing a bit of wing as we said, Hugh Boxall playing a bit through the midfield. Angus Hasty, who Lee Montagne dropped last week on the Wednesday podcast breaking even with our as an option playing in the back line, which I'm very interested in. Angus Hayes, he took some really nice intercepts, so he's available as a basement price midfielder as well. They all had their moments, but Trevalia was probably the one that is massively owned and also flagged by Lee Montagne. Is maybe not being a first choice option for ross Lyne at the Saints at this stage.
Speaker 4: Joey your man on the money so far, but did kick a big bomb. The Seiler pretty much did.
Speaker 1: Javalier coming on again given what we've been told and then what we saw is a worry. But we can't just write him off just yet. Ross might have seen enough in the short space of time there to give him a.
Speaker 4: Full run this week. That's what we're hoping for.
Speaker 1: But is a concern, so look at your backup plans, Angus Hasty. Now we have spoken about him on the show. You a bit of a running joke when our tried to bring him in last year, we shot him down, the.
Speaker 4: Phantom shot him down.
Speaker 1: So probably o Angus Hasty a bit of an apology, had to put him back into the Rookie Bible because yes he was good and the new super coach Ambassador, as you mentioned there, does know what he's talking about. So back on the watch list for the Amy Games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm just going to touch on Jack McCrae really quickly. He's all locked in our team. Do we need to thirty four disposals? Absolute gun. No need to talk about him anymore. See Harry Boyd as well. Does he play Round one still in? You know, still in some concern there, I suppose whether they want to roll with Roald Marshall solo ruck. It's just to watch ninety nine k Ruck for Harry Boyd. You know he played pretty well. But will they go with two rucks. Will they play him alongside Roald Marshall is the question?
Speaker 3: And so yeah, sorry, Gussie, I'm just before you get that. What about Ari Shawn Makers?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's os gonna. Yeah, it didn't play d D NP for my ma and Ari haven't heard it. Haven't heard team as well.
Speaker 3: This is good, is it.
Speaker 2: Let's hope that it was illness or something just not published out there. But yeah, I mean seeing someone like an Angus Hasty playing as an interceptor and distributing, they might just not want another bigger body back there. Yeah, very very concerning for the Truthers, the Aras Maker truths love myself out there?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 1: Does he another one of your men? Speaking of alarm bells, the big pit Mark Pittnett stand that started in the ruck for the Bluesy or man inside fifty TDK.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's been a bit about TDK being worried about him. You know what, I'm not overreacting, you say, you say, don't overreact. I'm not overreacting to this guy. I've been He's been on my watch list the moment he took the reins last year in that rock roll. Why would you change from a dominant display that he had showed he look look at the stats as well. We had, as we said, amateur stat takers out there taking some stats. This was Jordan Desenna. He was on the show last week with US fifteen boss five marks, eleven hitouts and a goal in just three quarters before resting. So a lot of these alarm bells worried about he played a forward rock role. Yes, Pittnet, there's no guarantee he's going to play in the same team anyway. That's just my take. I think I'm happy to still start him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, five names. He's learning.
Speaker 1: This is a proud father son moment. Hit on the lair, Fantom seeing your Phantom Junior. He is catching on, backing himself. He're not overreacting. I like it, Dossie, Thanks Mane.
Speaker 2: I appreciate it. Also impressed by Adam Cherer, who I'm certainly confident in now seeing his role and I mean, as we said with the Jagger Smith news as well, if he was even pegged for some mid time. I think Cherre is going to be an inside midfielder this season as predominantly. So I'm happy with you.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry Off before you're talking about Naz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he just looks great, and I just wanted to mention that we'll be releasing some stuff on the socials in the weeks from Captain's Day. But Jack Steele talking about a breakout player, he said he's already obviously broken out, but he says Nazaia, Wangan and Miller, he mentioned going to another level, that he's just had an unbelievable preseason, which I know five names, you and myself have been all over him.
Speaker 3: He's a lot.
Speaker 2: So yeah, he's locked for me as well as my I think D two and I'm not a discussion who's going to be D two, but I'm really liking him there.
Speaker 1: Now, Dozzy quickly before we move on. We know doing some great work we've drafted. Get all your super Coach draft needs in the Code Sports YouTube channel, but just don Jack mccraye, we don't need to talk about it. But how early is too early to pick him in your super coach draft?
Speaker 2: Could you pick him in the second round given the four available? Yeah, it puts how many people are in your draft league. But yeah, if you're looking at like a ten to twelve man league, if the guys like depends, if you rate Horn Francis and ranking ahead of him. But if you've got him in the same league there, I think you might be able to wait a little bit longer given the mids of flying off the board early. But look, I probably anything late second, you know, in the third I wouldn't. After what we saw and he's now confirmed just pure inside mid I think it's pretty safe to take him pretty early in draft now. By the way, a bit of a watch there on Drafted. New episode coming this week, bit of a mock draft review, so keep an eye out for that as well. Let's get onto the final game here. That was match sim on the weekend, North Melbourne versus Melbourne, so just the notable outs as well. Melbourne rested Maxi Gorne, Christian Petrarca, Salem wasn't there, Ed Langdon wasn't there and neither was Jack Finey, So quite a few out of the mix for Melbourne. North Melbourne pretty solid squad. Obviously no Wardlaw your man there fans, but he is out injured. So North Melbourne again, I'm guy. I'm just not going to talk about Cale Daniel dominant, you know, just lock him in. He's role Tick played well. Tick distributor off half back, get him in to cheat, to ignore Harry kick the girl as well. Yeah, Harry, she's a mid forward. Twenty six percent CBA sim still just dominated? Is he locked in for you?
Speaker 3: Still locked in? He's a gun.
Speaker 2: I will mention Tristan Sherry didn't dominate against one Tom.
Speaker 3: It's only a practice game. Like he knows, he knows that, he knows he doesn't have to try all that much. Just going a couple of a couple of you know, do a couple of taps, you know, just get through it. Build for round one.
Speaker 1: I think everyone should jump off. I think five names.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, jump off Joey Yeah, selfishly what means jakeson Lego?
Speaker 2: Just jump off Mkircher Again I mentioned I'm concerned with the roll. Are you guys still holding fat with that look? I know he's a great player, but six percent inside me playing wing forward an inside mid for me, I didn't have don't.
Speaker 3: I didn't have him. I reckon hipster, whatever his name did, I just not not for mine. Still you're not.
Speaker 1: For I haven't fit him back in yet, but it might come into the Callum Mills. I had him at him out. Just don't know what I'm gonna do there in that middle part of defense. But I'll say it again, he's in the Harry Sheesel basket. Doesn't matter where he plays. We're going to get to a point this year and be like, well, gee, we thought about we overthought his role, how it's going to affect him. The kids are gone, so we'll see more, hopefully in the Amy series game. But again, I don't think it matters where he plays.
Speaker 2: Philip Finos Sullivan, John Ralph that's his that's his big rookie lock I lock him in.
Speaker 3: Love this as I said with the g as soon before, sometimes you have to look for little signs about players, you know, like what they're saying on the club website, you know, what they're what they're telling you to us, the code sports you know, you know, and that kind of stuff. But sometimes it's just as simple as holding him out for the last term or quarter of a of a practice match. Do they want to run for a round one?
Speaker 2: All right, Well take we'll take Ralphie's word for that one and we'll move on to Melbourne Clayton Oliver Fance. I did see some of the raw numbers afterwards. It wasn't amazing on the raw statue, but the eye test passed with flying colors.
Speaker 1: I think it's all you want with this guy. We know what his numbers can be when he's at his best. You see the little things. He looks hungry again. He was getting in the face of I fin O'Sullivan of the opposition, and Melbourne keeps saying good things about. Assistant coach Troy Chaplin said after the match that you know, the very best version of Clayton Oliver is pretty much back and that's what.
Speaker 4: They saw on Saturdays.
Speaker 1: So FO fifty one k you just have to pick him. If he only has eighteen this week, I don't think it matters pick him. But in the midfield alongside him, you did mention all those guys that missed out Christian Petrarca, Jack Beney, Harvey Langford, Jago Smith obviously goes out of the rookie conversation. Another top end draft bick, top end price tag. We've spoken about him before, giving his size for almost ready made to come in have an impact in the midfield, but can take a good mark and kick a goal too, which he showed throughout his junior career.
Speaker 4: Which we know that helps the kids come in.
Speaker 1: If they can do more than one thing, they've got multiple strings to their bows, then that holds him in good stead in terms of their debut season and job security. And he did his chances no harm Harvey Langford against the Ruse.
Speaker 2: Job security should be pretty solid with him early. I'm just wondering. I don't think you know, he had forty five percent of the center bouncers. I just don't see that with all those guys out. I agree, see he's probably going to be a forward in one hundred and eighty K. If we get an Angus Hasty at one hundred and nineteen k as a midfielder playing in that defensive role. It's just it's just a bit of cash to free up. So it's great to watch. But yeah, he could be a smash pick. It's just I'm just probably going to be a bit stingy on that one. I think I thought we're going to.
Speaker 3: Talk for a second about one of my boys last year, lu Is coming Good Trank Rivers.
Speaker 2: The real top seventy four percent of center bouncers for the D's available as a defender, sim take it away.
Speaker 3: I mean, as I said last year when we try and oliver a out I would crisis trace opportunity and we all wanted to see him become in midfielder. He became a midfielder. Surely they played as a midfielder a game this year, like.
Speaker 2: Yep, I find a baffling that. I mean again, I know we haven't seen their full squad together yet. I've been on the train of thinking that Petrark is going to be brought back slowly and not play as a pure midfielder straight away. Might be completely wrong on that, but Trent Rivers to me, is almost like we've got him at a bargain price compared to an Ed Richards who people were high on ed Richards coming through. I know he had it, he showed a bit of a higher ceiling in that midfield role. But we've got Trent Rivers available as a defender in the eighties four hundred and sixty two K and he's looking like he's definitely going to get more midfield exposure. I'm all about it. Sim He's that's one I've overacted to and he's he's into the squad.
Speaker 3: Love it, love it. I'm going to find away from him in my team as well.
Speaker 4: Are we watching.
Speaker 2: That's what we got. That's all we got out of here.
Speaker 3: No fun, no fun fan.
Speaker 2: No fun at all.
Speaker 4: And that's the last game that's worth talking about.
Speaker 2: And Dossy absolutely not so.
Speaker 4: Morning got enough warnings.
Speaker 3: Sound So when was this game on? Was this Saturday? This was?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was on Saturday. Having the day off and just chilling at home. Happened to see a notification from the Mighty West Coast Eagles the intra club is going live on YouTube and the old Dossie kicked back and relaxed. It was the greatest Saturday rvos. Just she's not happy foot his back.
Speaker 1: Actually, you know, it's relatable to the game itselfs is obviously going to talk about the Eagles internal trial. But Saturday afternoon there was folks playing in the second team who had to work in the morning, so you know the trade's working line up. They played waffle for the Eagles, come to training after four hours on the tools and you know, so there's that disclaimer to what doss Is going.
Speaker 3: To say, Did I see that youose brother play exactly your brother? That that guy he was at the first set of ouse.
Speaker 2: I don't know if there's any relation to be honest. I mean, it's a rare last name, though, so possibly, I honestly have no idea you.
Speaker 1: Could have got again, Dossie. If you were over there, comany would have pulled you over the found.
Speaker 3: On that, don't I reckon. There's times where DOSSI could have got the game for the Eagles waffle team anyway.
Speaker 2: Last year, all right, look, I'm not only going to briefly touch on it because it was the return of the Goat. Harley Reid was back for the Mighty Weagles playing intra club. All this nonsense about him not being ready, unfit, underdone, injured all the time, that's what they keep saying. Played three quarters as a pure mid pure against.
Speaker 4: Fifteen year old brother.
Speaker 2: Look. I might not have been counting stats, but I continue it was at least twenty fendoffs in there, burst out in the midfield, fifty clearances. Maybe it was around those marks. So I actually, like, I'm not gonna lie. I genuinely think he is as much as he's obviously over hyped massively or you know, he's a massive presence in the media in general, in super coach. I get it. He's had an interrupted pre season, Like I totally understand six percent owned he was the other day he's priced to eighty. I actually I think he's under I think he's under hype. He's going to be the West Coast. He was number one midfielder this year alongside Kelly and Duggan, who also, by the way, was playing pure mid again as he did in the trial match the other week.
Speaker 3: One again my list. Yeah, he's been on my watch with studying. He's just is he just too bad with the balls sometimes?
Speaker 2: Like he's going to have to play midfield with no yo, especially play midfield.
Speaker 3: I mean, I think, is he just going to be too inefficient in there?
Speaker 2: Look I've I don't I don't know. I've got him in my watch list, so I don't know if he's an efficient kick. I mean, he's been a great kid.
Speaker 4: I'm not doubting Harley Reid.
Speaker 2: No goat.
Speaker 1: Mike be the goat, and he's going to take over the comp very very soon. But let's just wait to see what happens this week before we lock him him in Supercoach because again, you know, do you could have a couple of fendoffs.
Speaker 4: Against the waffle Celia.
Speaker 2: Just lastly, one player that did catch the eye that I haven't heard a heap of discussion about you still. I think about six percent owned. But Archer Reid, who is available as a ruck forward, was playing in the A team for West Coast, playing alongside Oscar Allen. Jake Wadman was back out there as well, and he was still in that team, played as a key forward and then swung in to pinch hit in the ruck. So just one to watch, I think if you I was just thinking about it for strategy, and I think if you want to put him as your R. Three on the bench in the rack and Sayer Harry Boyd starts the season and Sayer Liam Reedy, you're going to go with like two cheap rucks in flex and R two something like that. He is a nice escape plan if you have him on the bench because you can flip him into flex, swing him forward and then you've got one of those guys on your bench ruck. So it's just a bit of high class in a high class strategy there from old DOOSSI he's he's a high last thinker and super coach, and.
Speaker 3: So egels Enuffy two voice is from me. Okay, Matt Flynn, when's he gonna play. Is he actually gonna be back for round one? And Elijah Hewett is he going to play round one?
Speaker 2: So didn't play. Sorry, Matt Flynn did not play in this game. They said he's still dealing with that back issue, so just to watch I don't. I have no idea that they haven't really said anything since, so keep an eye out for news on him. Elijah Hewitt was one of those guys that we mentioned earlier on the show. He played in the B team in this game, but he was playing as an inside midfielder on the B team, so yes, it was alongside Elliot Yo's long lost brother, but he was playing majority midfield and whether that was just to get him that midfield clock. The thing that makes me much more excited, and like I was a bit down. I was like, oh, why is he in the B team? Like this isn't what I wanted to see because the prime midfielders in the A team were Read Kelly and Dugan. But the thing that makes me excited was in the captain's video that as I said, keep an eye out for super Coach Socials that we're going to re releasing the breakout one. Liam Duggan immediately mentioned Elijah Hewitt, and then he also says in the video obviously I wasn't privy to see what he was talking about. For the rest of the day. He says, Oh, I've already mentioned this guy heaps today, but I hope his head doesn't get too big. Elijah hewartt So that was his pick for the big breakout for West Coast. So I think for me, that's enough for me to be like, all right, well, I think.
Speaker 1: Also before that game, Liam Duggan mentioned somewhere that he was almost knew that he was going to play on him in the internal was Yeah, he.
Speaker 2: Was having nightmares about having to play having Elijah Hewart on him. So yeah, yeah, good year for Leam Dudian. Then that's the Nuffy report from Dossi's West Coast Interclub on the YouTube Live.
Speaker 1: Good enough section there, but plenty to talk about over the next week, plenty of highlights numbers. Will have all the Super Coach scores in our show next week. The Amy series kicks off on Tuesday, as we mentioned at the top of the show, but a big week for the af L Super Coach podcast as well. Rookie Bible show coming up. Dan Batton will join us and of course the second episode of Breaking Even with our and for the Draft, Nuffi's out there the West Coast. Nuff He's hosting another version episode of the Draft show, the Drafted Big Week of course co Sports YouTube channel to watch it in Apple, Spotify and wherever you get your pog cast to listen in. But please comment right like us whatever, just get involved with the show. We love your feedback, We love your comments. So a big couple of weeks in Supercoach. It all starts with a big week here on the official Super Coach podcast, which Phantom's Layer is a part of.
Speaker 2: Dossy Absolutely go join out the Layer League this time. I will include a link in the description or sorry, the code in the description if you would like to join that league so you can get in the open league with all the other lair fans out there. Yeah, very happy with the amount of people that jumped into that league based on No, I didn't put it anywhere bar just the listeners that were on the podcast and on the YouTube. So thanks so much to everyone that joined in there. Looking forward to a great year in the Lair league. And yeah, four pods this week, including this one, so keep all.
Speaker 3: The people on the layer lead. I want to take you on Phantom and is extremely tight pants. So I'm looking forward to this year well.
Speaker 1: And you can if five names you had five names as an expert to any Supercoach league this year. He's he's having a bit of meltdown because his leagues are full for the first time he's graduated into experts. He's in about three thousand Super Coach leagues out there, so Addam now and of course add him on X as well at Simeon Underscore tw for all your Crows and port News in the lead up to the season proper.
Speaker 4: Forget the hipster.
Speaker 1: It's all about five names, Simeon Thomas Wilson now, thanks again for joining us, Dossy you two until next time on the lair.
Speaker 4: See you then,