Speaker 1: This is the US Report.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the program. I'm Caroline Marcus. Coming up tonight. Trump orders the Epstein files to be released. So what will the Democrats complain about now? The President of CoP's criticism for his meeting with the Saudi Crown Prince.
Speaker 3: Plus why has.
Speaker 2: Our safety commissioner been summoned to the US Congress. Republican Congressman Jim Jordan will join me shortly to explain why. But first, in what could be the biggest one point eighty of his second term, US President Donald Trump has signed legislation allowing the US Justice Department to release the Epstein files. Posting on truth Social the President wrote, I have just signed the bill to.
Speaker 3: Release the Epstein files. At my direction.
Speaker 2: The Department of Justice has already turned over close to fifty thousand pages of documents to Congress. Do not forget the Biden administration did not turn over a single file or page related to Democrat Epstein, nor did they ever even speak about him. The House voted earlier this week to release the files by a margin of four hundred and twenty one to one, the one holdout being Republican Clay Higgins. He said he doesn't support the release because this bill reveals and injures thousands of innocent people, witnesses, people who provided alibis, family members, etc. But it was a move celebrated by many victim survivors. The Senate then voted unanimously in favor of the bill.
Speaker 3: We're going to have a moment.
Speaker 4: Of silence where I think we should just have a moment of celebration.
Speaker 5: For decades, these survivors have fought tirelessly.
Speaker 3: Today we are clother than ever now.
Speaker 2: The new Epstein Files Transparency Act directs the Department to release all unclassified materials related to pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and his partner and accomplice, Gislaine Maxwell, within thirty days.
Speaker 6: We will continue to follow the law with maximum transparency while protecting victims.
Speaker 2: But this has been an issue that's caused something of a rift in Trump's magabase. Many MAGA supporters have been calling for the files to be released for some time. Trump has long resisted, despite saying there would be nothing personally incriminating. The worst fallout was with Trump's one time close ally, Republican Marjorie Taylor Green, who he called a traitor, wacky, and a disgrace, and.
Speaker 6: He called me a trader for standing with these women and refusing to take my name off.
Speaker 3: The discharge petition.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you what a trader is. A trader is a is an American that serves foreign countries and themselves. A patriot is an American that serves the United States of America and Americans like the women standing behind me.
Speaker 2: Trump had also berated a female reporter who asked about the release in an undignified exchange on Air Force one last week. But Trump finally seems to have come around and now is warning those on the other side of the isle who have hounded him on this to be careful what they wish for.
Speaker 7: As far as the Epstein files is, I have nothing to do with Jeffrey Epstein. I threw him out of my club many years years though, because I thought he was a sick pervert. But I guess I would turn out to be right. But you know who does have Bill Glenton. Larry Summers, who ran Harvard, was with him every single night, every single weekend. They lived together. They went to his island many times. I never did.
Speaker 8: Andrew Westman here.
Speaker 7: All these guys were friends of his. You don't even talk about those people.
Speaker 2: And it's now come to light that in the last tranch of Epstein files release last week were never before seen text messages from twenty seventeen implicating tech billionaire Bill Gates. Epstein wrote to one of Gates's apparent advisors about a business proposal and got the reply he wants to talk to you, but his wife won't let him. He loves you, says Hi, and feels bad about the business proposals. By the way, now, Gates hasn't been charged with any crime, but his and now ex wife Melina, has said that his friendship with Epstein was a key factor in their divorce. Expect to see many more marriage breakdowns with these files release, and much worse over the next few weeks. Joining me now is former White House Chief of Staff and senior advisor at Bondi Partners, Mick Mulvainy.
Speaker 3: Nick, thanks for joining me.
Speaker 2: Let's start with one of the biggest stories of the week, and that's President Trump signing the release of the Epstein files. Mick, I've spoken about his change of heart on the Epstein files, but why do you think he finally supported the release.
Speaker 9: I don't think how much choice, Caroline, Donald Trump doesn't usually get on the wrong side of eighty percent issues. It's one of the reasons that he decided to go ahead and encourage Republicans to vote for the bill that came out of a House that resulted in this piece of legislation being on his desk. So I think he saw which way the wind is blowing, and he decided to go ahead and get in front of it. It's been a stunning turn of events, twenty four to forty eight hours maximum between the time that he was against signing this bill to the time that he actually signed it. So it's not the end of the discussion. As you know, they'd be very curious to see in the next thirty days, as the legislation requires, what exactly the Department of Justice will or will not put out.
Speaker 2: Well, there is a thirty day deadline for the Department to release the documents. They can I guess redact some of it depending on victims and active investigations. But there seems to be such a build up to this. Do you think there'll be anything substantial left in the files that are yet to be released, because we have had obviously we've seen some emails, some documents come out before you know.
Speaker 9: Maybe I'm just a little bit cynical than most people. I don't think this is the end of the discussion. I don't think we're going to see these whole files. I really don't. I think this is going to end up going down in history like the Kennedy files, and it's unlikely that we'll ever see all of this in its entirety. I just get that feeling from watching Republicans on the Hill that they've been focusing very sort of specifically on the exemptions and the exceptions, the national security exception, some of the other limitations in the actual piece of limit of legislation, things for ongoing investigations, for example. And I think you might see in the next thirty days that if there is any sort of disclosure of documents, it's certainly not going to be full. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but I know a little bit about.
Speaker 2: Washington, well, that could open it up to a whole lot more conspiracy theories about what really happened, what happened to Jeff Ray Epstein when he died, If it really was suicide, do you think there's something sinister behind that, is that someone that they want to protect. Is just a case, in your view, of not interfering withational security and ongoing.
Speaker 9: Certainly not anything sinister, Caroline. As I've talked about many many times, I can't imagine there's anything really bad about Donald Trump in the file, because if there were, the Democrats who had this file for four years, would have put it out. I just don't think the federal government is capable of making true and full disclosure. And even if they put out a lot of stuff, will it satisfy everybody? I don't know. Keep in mind, most of the best evidence available, real hard evidence, is that Lee Harvey Oswald acted alone in killing John Kennedy. But sixty percent of the country still thinks there was somebody else involved, you know, more than sixty years later. So it's going to be a fascinating sort of experiment in the American process. Can the federal government, regardless of who's in charge, really fully disclose something we're going to we're going to see here in the next thirty days.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we certainly will.
Speaker 2: I talked at the top of the show about the split in the MAGA movement with Marjorie Taylor Green labeled a trader by the president over her longtime calls for the files to be released, and then Green hitting back at Trump's comments, Mick, do you think this is a concern what's happening, what seems to be happening among the base.
Speaker 9: No, I think it's limited to to not only Epstein. I think it's limited to Marjorie Taylor Green. And it wasn't just her comments about the Epstein files that they got Donald Trump where he is in their relationship. She was on television here she was an entirely different sort of person, different politician, different messaging. Donald Trump is still very much the leader of the Republican Party, certainly much more so than Marjorie Taylor Green. I think she's about to learn some very difficult lessons about who really is the big name in the MAGA movement, and it's not she. So look, I didn't expect to see this falling out. It happened again, very very rapidly, almost as rapidly as the Epstein files themselves, as that piece of legislation. But at the end of the day, I still think Donald Trumps as a stranglehold on the leadership of the MAGA movement, as he should. He's he built this. What will be interesting to see, Caroline, is what happens next. Will there be other things that come down the line that members of the Republican Party are willing to break from the president on. Will they break with him on tariffs? Will they break with him on say, military action in Venezuela. That will be the interesting thing to see. Is Epstein an outlier and just one thing? Or is this part of a trend? But I don't think Marjorie Taylor Green tells as much about any of that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, it certainly will be interesting to see. I want to get your thoughts now on the President hosting Saudi Crown Prince Muhammed bin Salmon in Washington this week. It's caused a lot of controversy, especially since US intelligence said that the Saudi's approved the moto of Washington Post journalist Jamal Kashoji Mick. I'm going to get my thoughts on this later in the show. But do you think the criticism that's been aimed at the President over this in the past week has been intents?
Speaker 9: No, I don't. I think if there's any criticism. It was the one line that Trump used had said that that that NBS didn't know anything about it. I think our own intelligences. That's that's inaccurate. But that one line aside, I have absolutely no difficulty with the President treating Muhammed bin Selman as the as the crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. Look, this is the real world, Caroline. You know, this is real politic, and there's that it is in the United States national interest to have a good relationship with Saudi Arabia, and that means having a good relationship with the crown Prince. And you know, is that sound horrible and it sounds terrible about you're ignoring what happened to Jamal Kushogi. Maybe, but that is the way the world works. Let's not lose sight of the fact that Joe Biden went to Saudi Arabia to meet with MBS and oh my goodness, he did a fist pump instead of a handshake. Does that really make a difference. No, This is an absolutely critical country, has been for a long time. Is even more important now that Iran has been neutered by the military action the American government took in the last several months. So this is a critical part of peace and prosperity. In the Mid East? Are they difficult people to work with? Look, a lot of folks around the world are. That is the real world. And I think Donald Trump was just recognizing that and extending the courtesies that he did this week to the Saudi Arabian leadership.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, he is the deal maker, and this is the art of making the deal, isn't it. Do you think that he managed to get what he was after in this meeting because he was hoping, I know, that he would be able to get Saudi Arabia to sign up to the Abraham Accords normalized relationships with Israel. They did announce a lot of investment in America.
Speaker 3: Do you think it was a success the visit.
Speaker 5: I do.
Speaker 10: I do.
Speaker 9: And I recognize that the President's coming out of some criticism for not getting a firm commitment on the Abraham Accords, for example, not getting firm written agreements on the investments. I think I do think he's going to get that. Keep in mind, the sale of the F thirty five's is a big, big deal, and it's not going to happen tomorrow. It's going to take some time, so there'd be a chance to sort of feel each other out as we go forward on how the progress is being made on recognizing Israel, entering to the Abraham Accords, progress being made on investment and so forth. You're not going to see this happen overnight. But I do think it was very successful. It's hard to describe it as anything. But so like you said that the President wanted a deal, he got a deal. Just because you don't see the payoff on that in the next twenty four hours doesn't mean this wasn't a huge success for the Trump administration.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, that should be good news because we want, you know, there to be peace in that region and we want good relationship, as you point out, with that country. The President has also confirmed he is set to meet New York Mayor elect Zora and Mum Donnie tomorrow and the White at the White House, and he's labeled him again the Communist mayor of New York, and Donnie spoke to the media about his upcoming meeting with the President.
Speaker 3: Take a look.
Speaker 10: No matter what someone describes me as or how someone wants to speak about these policies, the important thing is that they may care about the city. And I know that with the President, there is an opportunity to make the case for New Yorkers, and I'll make that case to the President, will make that case to anyone in this country that can help New Yorkers.
Speaker 2: Mick Trump has had a lot of harsh woods to say about Mum Donnie, But how do you think their meeting will go when they actually come face to face.
Speaker 9: It's fascinating and I have no idea, and I knowed a little bit about Donald Trump, but I think that's part of the point. Caroline, What is Trump? You know, the best I've ever seen at creating media buzz, creating a narrative, creating messaging, creating news. He's a news making machine. I did not expect this one. I'll be perfectly honest with you. I'd never expected him to invite Zorhan Mamdanni, the self described socialist mayor of New York, into the Oval Office to have a discussion. It could be backslapping and can't we all get along? It could be worse than the Zelensky meeting. I have no idea. I do know this and why and why it's happening. Donald Trump cares a great deal about New York City. I think folks, especially overseas don't realize he is a New York City boy. He cares about the city where I'm sitting right now, and he wants to know more about this mumdonni guy, and he wants to meet him face to face. So look, anything literally could happen. They could end up shaking hands and hugging it out and working hand in hand going forward. I have no idea they could end up in fisticuffs. That's a little bit of an exaggeration, but not much. It's going to make for must see television, which my guess is is why it's happening.
Speaker 3: Yep, Yeah, absolutely right.
Speaker 2: It will be fascinating to see and that unpredictability. Unpredictability is why we love watching Trump so much.
Speaker 3: Mick Malbiny, thank you so much for joining me. Thanks Carly joining.
Speaker 2: Me now is FOLX News contributor Joe Concho. Joe, thanks for joining me. I want to get your thoughts too on President Trump signing the bill to release the Epstein files. Joe, what are you expecting to see out of these files given we have had a drip feed of material over many months.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Caroline, I would say that what we're not going to see is anything that is damaging to Donald Trump. In other words, this is what I know, and I've been saying this for many months now. That Donald Trump was run for president three times in the United States twenty sixteen, twenty twenty, twenty twenty four. Democrats were in control of all aspects.
Speaker 8: Of government during most of those times.
Speaker 4: If you wanted to take Donald Trump out of the equation as far as him winning the presidency, and he did that twice, you probably would have released something damaging by now from the Epstein files that they've had, Democrats have all along. So I think in the end, we've seen some embarrassing thing for Democrats, right in terms of Epstein donating to Jakim Jeffries, who is the House speaker, for example, or trading text messages with a congressional woman named Stacy Plaskett, even complimenting her on the way she was dressed during a hearing where he was feeding her information about Donald Trump. We also saw Epstein called Donald Trump dangerous. And then all I know is that during the first Trump administration in twenty nineteen, Trump indicted Jeffrey Epstein. So I think in the end, it's been a lot of innuendo in terms of what is Trump trying to hide? But this may be like the Russia hoax, where they said Trump was including with Vladier Putin in the Kremlin and it ended up having a boomerang effect. I have a feeling that that's where we're going here, based on the evidence that we've seen to this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Look, I think you're right, because when the Democrats released some of those emails naming Trump recently, that was a bit of a boomerang.
Speaker 3: Effect in itself.
Speaker 2: Having redacted the name of the victim, Virginia Jeffree, who turned out to be someone who always said that Trump never did anything wrong to her. Look, you mentioned Democrat Stacey Plaskett, who had been texting Epstein during that twenty nineteen congressional hearing.
Speaker 3: Now take a.
Speaker 2: Look at her excuse, as she was grilled about this on CENATE.
Speaker 5: But like many constituents, individuals get your phone number, they tech to you about issues, they speak with you. I have spoken with him about issues that are relevant, things that are going on in the Virgin Islands and elsewhere around the country.
Speaker 11: Right, But on that day that we're talking about, you initiated the tax exchange at seven fifty five in the morning. So why were you even texting with Epstein at the time he was a known sex offender.
Speaker 5: Then sure, you know, I explain to people, I've been a prosecutor for many years and there are a lot of people who have information that are not your friends that you use to get information for to get at the truth.
Speaker 3: Joe, do you buy any of that?
Speaker 4: I know, because again Epstein and her were going back and forth where he was complimenting her outpit and She's like, oh, thank you, So that sounded friendly to me. And by the way, if you want credible information, I'm pretty sure the last person you go to is somebody who is a convicted sex offender who had been indicted several times. She was texting douring a hearing in an effort to make Donald Trump look bad. She knows she's called. The old saying is that when you're in a hole, stop digging. And right now, Stacey Plasket is halfway to China by now.
Speaker 3: In that regard, you could be right.
Speaker 12: Look.
Speaker 2: Speaking of to the Democrats, Florida Congresswoman Sheila Chafilis McCormack was hit with a federal indictment Wednesday, accusing her of stealing five million dollars in federal emergency funds to support her twenty twenty one congressional campaign. She faces up to fifty three years in prison if convicted. Joe, it seems that these Democrats love to bring up any misdemeanor from a Republican. But between this and Leticia James, I don't think they have any moral high ground here left.
Speaker 4: Oh no, this proves that rock Bottom, you know, has a basement right when you're talking about things like this, like stealing money from FEMA when people are most in need, especially in Florida that has been devastated by hurricanes in the past couple of years. That is a whole bowl of wrong and an eighth circle of hell that is waiting for this person as a result if she is guilty, of course, and found guilty. So yeah, that's the thing. In the American media, I'm barely seeing anything about this story. I have a feeling if a Republican did this, it would be twenty four to seven news. And that's the double standard that we lived with here over the pond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such hypocrisy. We have very much the same situation here in Australia.
Speaker 3: Don't you worry.
Speaker 2: Before I let you go, I want to speak to you about Thomas Matthew Crooks, the man who tried to assassinate President Trump on the campaign trail last year. You spoke this week about how it was the most uncovered story of the century. Joe, Why do you think that is?
Speaker 4: I think because we had Let's see, Donald Trump was the first president to be shot. I know he's a candidate at the time, so he's a former president since Ronald Reagan in nineteen eighty one. And Thomas Crooks, he carries out this assassination attempt. He outflanks the entire Secret Service, local law enforcement, is able to fly a drone over the rally site just a day beforehand and hide a high power rifle excuse me, behind an air conditioner, and that is able to get up on the roof of the one building, the one building that had line of sight to Donald Trump four hundred feet away, and when you have a scope that's like a two foot putt, and that Donald Trump doesn't turn his head the way he did at that exact moment. We're talking about the late Donald Trump and the fact that we barely saw any firings from the Secret Service, because remember they knew there was a threat out there at that rally, and they still said break your leg, Donald Trump, get out there, instead of like saying stay back until we neutralize the threat. There are so many unanswered questions here that deserve answers, and now we're seeing that Thomas Crooks may have been coordinating this with other people that he obviously had a trans sort of fetish, much like Tyler Robinson who tried to kill Charlie Kirk. I have a very hard time believing that a twenty year old kid almost killed a former president future president without any help whatsoever. We deserve answers, but our media is apathetic except for Maranda Devine of The New York Post. Thank God for her, because she's uncovering a lot of things right now on her own that obviously other people with far more resources should be looking into at this point.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Miranda is exceptional, a former Australian colleague of US here and now doing wonderful things at the New York Post, uncovering all the social media footprint that this.
Speaker 3: Guy actually had.
Speaker 2: And you write, like the lack of coverage, the lack of information from authorities. They're just feeling conspiracy theories that may or may not be true, but we don't know.
Speaker 3: Joe conta, thank you.
Speaker 8: For joining me A pleasure.
Speaker 9: Thanks so much. We'll do it again.
Speaker 2: Before we go to a break, I want to show you this funny interaction between the US President and a reporter in the Oval office. Earlier this week, one member of the press noticed Donald Trump's voice sounding a little horse so he inquired about his health. After all, the truth about the last president's health was the subject of a major cover up.
Speaker 3: Well, it turns out out there's nothing to worry about.
Speaker 2: Trump had just been doing too much shouting at stupid people.
Speaker 1: Why sends little Robber's billing oath.
Speaker 9: I feel great.
Speaker 7: I was shouting at people because there was stupid about something having to do with trade in a country, and I straightened it out. But I blew my stack at these.
Speaker 8: Free Well, it sounds like there's a follow up there. But can I ask you about Venezuela?
Speaker 9: You suggests it was.
Speaker 8: It sounds like there's a follow up there.
Speaker 2: Can I ask you about Venezuela?
Speaker 9: You said there was a pollop and I said, I don't want to hear that.
Speaker 2: We're just glad you're okay, mister president back with lawsuits.
Speaker 3: Welcome back.
Speaker 2: Sometimes Donald Trump's outbursts against journalists are warranted after almost of the mainstream media has been stacked against him from his first election campaign, and there's plenty to call them out for, as we're always first to do. But other times it's right to call out when the president gets it wrong. Let's watch again that degrading exchange with a reporter on Air Force One who was asking Trump about the Epstein files. Look, I'm sure she's tough enough to copy. You have to have a thick skin in this game, but it's still beneath him. More concerning, though, attempts by the President to shut down scrutiny of his controversial guest in the White House, Saudi Crown Prince Muhammed bin Salmon, for whom he literally rolled out the red carpet when a journalist dared ask about the shocking twenty eighteen murder and dismemberment of Washington Post columnist Jamal Koshoghi, a killing the CIA has said was ordered by the Crown Prince. Trump sprung to his guest defense.
Speaker 13: Your Royal Highness, the US Intelligence concluded that you orchestrated the brutal murder of a journalist.
Speaker 1: Nine eleven families are.
Speaker 13: Furious that you are here in the overlogice watched the Americans who you.
Speaker 9: Were and who you were?
Speaker 12: How would ABC news sir with who acwsir?
Speaker 5: Fake news?
Speaker 7: ANBC fake news? You're mentioning somebody that was extremely controversial. A lot of people didn't like that gentleman that you're talking about, whether you like him or didn't like him. Things happened, but he knew nothing about it.
Speaker 3: Oh please.
Speaker 2: I don't think even the Crown Prince understood why he was defending him. Here he's looking down at his hands. But I do understand the stakes here. I know Trump's main game is to get Saudi Arabia to join the Abraham Accords and normalize relations with Israel, a very worthy goal, no doubt, and the Saudis have also promised to lift investments in the US to want trillion dollars. But the attempts to sanitize the Crown Prince's record doesn't sit well.
Speaker 7: You don't have to embarrass our guests by asking a question like.
Speaker 9: You'd love me to answer.
Speaker 14: Add it's spainful and it's a huge mistake, and you're doing all business that this doesn't happen again.
Speaker 2: Not entirely convincing, but ben Selman at least expressed some sympathy over the murder. It's the same uncomfortable feeling I get seeing Trump CosIng up to Syrian president and former Al Kaeda branch leader Ahmad al Shara. Al Kaeda was, after all, the group behind the September eleven attacks, helped by at least two Saudi officials.
Speaker 7: It's the best fragrance here.
Speaker 4: Every things I have more here, sir comes the okay, So.
Speaker 8: What we'll do is just take that Joe put it in and then the other one as you went.
Speaker 1: As I never know.
Speaker 3: I mean, who else could ask how many wives someone has?
Speaker 5: It?
Speaker 12: Like? Light?
Speaker 2: Moments like that are funny, don't get me wrong, I love them, but they also do help to launder the image of a former terrorist. Then again, maybe it's a case of keep your friends close and your enemies closer. Joining me now is a very special guest on the US Report, Republican Congressman Jim Jordan, Congressman, thanks for joining me. I want to start with our very own e Safety Commissioner here in Australia, Julie Inman Grant, who I exclusively revealed this week on Sky News, had been summoned to give evidence before Congress into how our laws and her enforcement of them threaten the free speech of Americans.
Speaker 3: In a scorching letter signed off by.
Speaker 2: You, she's also been accused of being a zealot for global takedowns and facilitating a global censorship regime. First of all, Congressman, the big question, has Julie Inman Grant agreed to your request yet?
Speaker 8: So she hasn't, But you know, she knows how to get to the United States.
Speaker 15: She was just here not too long ago, meeting out in Stanford with a bunch of other people who we found in our investigation last Congress were involved in the censorship effort that was undertaken by the Biden administration here in the United States, big government working with big tech and big academia to censor American speech.
Speaker 8: And so she was just here talking with all those folks.
Speaker 15: So we thought we'd invite her back to talk to our committee, particularly in light of the situation where she wanted a global takedown of some you know, some bad content.
Speaker 8: I understand, but she.
Speaker 15: Wanted to impose Australia's rules on the United States. We have a First Amendment that we take pretty darn seriously, so we're opposed to that, that kind of a global takedown order from a foreign, foreign country. We want to talk to her about all that. We hope she We hope she accepts our invitation and comes and speaks.
Speaker 2: At the moment, the request is voluntary, I understand, and you've given her a two week deadline to appear. If she declined, fans to voluntarily appear, though, what legal powers, if any, do you have to compel her.
Speaker 8: Well, we hope she just comes. Like I said, she knows.
Speaker 15: She's just been to the United State. It's not like she hasn't been here before. We would welcome her back to talk to the committee. I mean, after all, when she had the debate with Elon Muskin an x or formerly Twitter, she felt like content should be taken down globally because of what she said should happen because of the law you have there in Australia. So we think she should want to come back and explain all that to us.
Speaker 8: So we hope that she does well.
Speaker 2: She's certainly not afraid to travel We had some reports here recently that revealed she'd spent a lot of tax payer money on travel for herself and her staff.
Speaker 3: But Congressman you mentioned global takedowns when I.
Speaker 2: Put question to Julie Quick questions to Julia Immigrant about this letter and your request, as spokesman for her office, said our Outline Safety Act does not require global takedowns and quote, there's nothing we're doing that prevents American companies from displaying whatever they want to Americans. But there have of course been some high profile examples where the E Safety Commissioner, as you allude to, has tried to force platforms like Elon, musks X to take down content globally.
Speaker 15: Yeah, we're very concerned about this trend that we see in other Western nations. We see it in the EU with their Digital Services Act Online Safety Act, and the UK and others where it's like they want to apply their standard to to America, where we have a first amendment.
Speaker 8: So we're very nervous about that.
Speaker 15: We're also nervous about what it means for American business because you know, there's potential for fines of certain percentage of global revenue for some of these American technology companies that is right, that's huge amounts of money. So it's almost like either follow our rules and apply them globally or there could be shakedown coming.
Speaker 8: So we're concerned about all that.
Speaker 15: And we had last Congress one of our well a couple of our witnesses in front of the committee. One was a journalist from Canada and she I thought she was great Rupe Supermanya.
Speaker 8: She said, one of the hallmarks of Western culture.
Speaker 15: Is free debate, free expression, and it always starts off, oh, we want to limit this harmful content. And look, we all understand that, but it never stops there. It glows to censorship of political speech. And as RFK Junior testified in a similar hearing, he said, when you look at history, it is never the good guys.
Speaker 8: Who are for censorship.
Speaker 15: It is always the bad guys. And that's what we don't want to have, is this censorship regime that we see being pushed in other places. We don't want to come in here. We hope it doesn't happen over there, because again, Western culture is about free expression.
Speaker 2: Well, I fear it's a little bit too late for us here in Australia, and I know a lot of our viewers are concern about the infringements on their free speech rights here we don't have the First Amendment, of course, but they are cheering you on a lot of our viewers, let me tell you. Let's move on to what is happening in the MAGA movement, and it seems like there's been something of a split after US Representative Marjorie Taylor Green was labeled to trade it by the President. I know you're a close ally of Donald Trump's. Did you support his comments about Taylor Green?
Speaker 15: Well, I support the presidents of what he's done for our country. I mean, I support what he's done in nine months as the leader of our party in our nation. I support what he's done in the past nine nine and a half months around around the world, bringing hostages back to Israel, making sure Iran doesn't have nuclear capability, cutting taxes here, securing the border here, getting men out of women's sports here in the United State. I mean I support that the president who has done what he said he was going to do. That's what I support, and I think the Republicans support that. I think the country appreciates the leadership from President Trump. You know, I say the time I think we make the job of a public official way too complicated.
Speaker 8: It's pretty basic.
Speaker 15: What'd you tell the voters you were going to do when you ran for the job, if you get elected to do what you said.
Speaker 8: President Trump does that better than anyone.
Speaker 2: Look, can't disagree with you, though, and he has clocked up some amazing achievements, including getting those hostages back and what he's done and around your right. I just finally want to bring up a new poll from Siena College which has revealed that only thirty two percent of New York State voters have a favorable view of Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer Congressman. It seems like the Democrats holding the government hostage during the shutdown, will that didn't do them any favors?
Speaker 3: Did it?
Speaker 12: No?
Speaker 8: And they did that, I mean we all know why they did that.
Speaker 15: For ten years, the one constant for the Democrat Party is to be go after President Trump and go after his supporters.
Speaker 8: I mean, you can go down the whole list of all the you know it was spine on.
Speaker 15: His campaign, them all investigation of peachment one and Peachment two, all the law for everything else. So and then they shut down the government for forty three days, and they said, never mind what that could what that could mean to to our US military, what that can mean to air traffic controllers, what that means to our economy, what that means to American families. They said, oh no, no, We're going to shut the government down for a month and a half because we think it might hurt the president. Well, that's just crazy, and so it's no wonder that you know, New Yorkers and people around the country like that was. That was a terrible thing for the country. And they're not having a they don't have a great deal of support.
Speaker 2: Then for Senatorshoper Well Congressman Jim Jordan, has been a great pleasure having you on. Hopefully we can speak to you again and we will keep across that Julie in mcgrant e Safety Commissioner story.
Speaker 8: Thank you, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: Superstar footballer Cristiano Ronaldo paid a visit to the White House on Wednesday to attend a presidential dinner alongside Donald Trump and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salmon. NBS and Trump had just had their historic, if controversial diplomatic meeting in the White House. The royals first since the murder of Jamal Kashoji in a Saudi consulate in Turkey in twenty eighteen, but the appearance of Ronaldo, who plays for Saudi team Al Naso, provided some light relief. Trump posting this video of their meeting in the Oval office. Who knew Trump had such moves. That's amazing what you could do with Ai. Trump revealed his guest had earned him street cred with his younger son.
Speaker 7: This room is loaded up with the biggest leaders in the world business sports.
Speaker 9: You know, my son is a big fan of Ronaldo.
Speaker 7: Wherever Ronaldo is here with Ronaldo and Baron got to meet him, and I think he respects his father a little bit more now, just the fact that I introduced you. So I just want to thank you both for being here. Thank you very much.
Speaker 2: It sure helps having a dad in high places. After the break, what has Michelle Obama winged about?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 2: That's next with Alex Stein joining me now is comedian Alex Stein. Alex, it's always great to see you. I want to start with Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson, who has once again come out and condemned the Trump administration for the federal takeover of cities look at this.
Speaker 16: So we know that the intentional attacks that are coming from the Trump administration and the extreme right in this country has very much been what I call is it's an attempt to relitigate the Civil War right. They have not accepted the results that the North actually won. Right, because if you look at all of the attacks, it's not just black cities. He's going after education, housing, transportation, good paying jobs, and healthcare. Those are literally the five demands of descending to slaves post Civil War. So it's evident that they are not, you know, committed to actually realizing the full dream of what this country can offer now.
Speaker 2: Alex, don't you think Brandon Johnson should mightbe be more appreciative that his city is now safer unto Trump's watch.
Speaker 12: One hundred person. He should be happy that Chicago, the people and the citizens are not getting shot constantly. And you know what, you know, what's really the most surprising thing is that if you look at LORI life, but the past mayor of Chicago, she was so bad and I thought it would be impossible. Whoever's going to be the next mayor of Chicago has to do a better job. And I was wrong. Brandon Johnson is even worse than peoterle Juice Lory life and the people of Chicago, they don't feel so and that's why they need Donald Trump to actually put in you know, National Guard to help protect these people. So it's a really sad situation in Chicago, of America's one of our greatest cities, and it's really going down the drain because of bad leadership. And you you know, they have a lot of people that go to their city council meetings and call oup Berton Johnson because all of the illegal immigrants are getting social services instead of American citizens. So there needs to be a lot of correction done in Chicago, and I think the pressure by Donald Trump is only a good thing for the safety and the citizens of that city.
Speaker 2: Well, speaking of delusional lefty mayors, New York City mayor likes Zorn mum Donni this week got some backlash after his attempt to ask for donations from voters.
Speaker 10: A lot of these things are new. One of them is pretty old fundrings. But why are we fundraising? Well, we have less than fifty days until we take office.
Speaker 8: We have a lot to do.
Speaker 10: You've already been incredible. We've raised more than a million dollars in just two weeks. Our average donation is around seventy seven dollars, and more than twelve thousand of you have donated so far, which is much lower than the last administration's transition. Well, we're still asking for your help because we need to raise four million dollars in total. So January first can be the day we start to deliver, not start to prepare. I hope very well soon not to have to ask you for money. But until then, I'm asking.
Speaker 2: Alex correct me if I'm wrong here. But I thought his entire campaign was built on everything is free. Now it seems there is actually a cost to all this free stuff.
Speaker 12: I know it is very hypocritical. I thought the busses are going to forget that there's going to be free grocery stoorders. And now he's out here e begging for money because it's campaign is not bringing in as much as the last one. So, Mom, Donnie, the disaster is starting early. I think it's going to be a disaster the whole entire time. But I don't want the people of New York to be scared, because really and truly, Bill Deblasio is a horrible mayor. You know, Eric Adams wasn't a great mayor either, So Mom, Donnie, he's untalented. He's thirty four years old, he's got absolutely no ex experience. But compared to the last people, I don't know how much worse he can be. And I really don't think he's going to be able to get sharia law in New York City, one of the highest populated Jewish cities in the world. So I think he's going to get a lot of pushback, and I do think during his administration he's not going to get as much done as people might think.
Speaker 2: Oh well, let's hope he can't push through sharia law. It's it's amazing that one of the highest Jewish population cities managed to elect him as well. Look, he's set tools. I meet with the president tomorrow. How do you think that's actually going to play out.
Speaker 12: Well, it's going to be awkward, that's for sure. It is going to be awkward. And I think but Donald Trump, though, and this is one of his good things and one of his faults, is that Donald Trump wants to be liked by the left, and I think it was to be liked by the people in the City of New York. So I wouldn't be surprised if Donald Trump doesn't try to kind of extend in all of branch and at least give him the opportunity to stab him in the back, you know, maybe give him the benefit of the doubt at the beginning of the relationship and then kind of way to see when Mom Donnie fails, because you know, you get a lot farther with sugar then you do vinegar and just I do think that that Donald Trump will be nice to him, but once that situation sours, Donald Trump is gonna have all you know, Mohammed, Mam Donnie. He's gonna have all kinds of nicknames for this guy. So you better be very careful when he's dealing with President Trump.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I suspect you're dead right. He's all bluster, but when he meets in person, he's very charming. He will he will come after you. If Mum Donnie pushes forward with some of these socialist proposals.
Speaker 3: No doubt Trump is coming after him. As you know.
Speaker 2: Michelle Obama, well, she's been busy on her tour of grievance, this time complaining about how tough life is and was as a first lady.
Speaker 3: Well here's her latest winch.
Speaker 13: Eight year stint as first lady tends tends to confine to be a bit confining, right, because you know that the rule, the job was not to just represent me, but to represent the nation. And as the first black family in that house, just like you know, black folks feel in all the first positions that we're the you know, we're carrying the torch, we're lighting the way, which means that we've got to do it really, really well.
Speaker 2: So now she says she feel she felt confined as the first lady. I mean, Alex Spammy, it's why she's being interviewed in the first place.
Speaker 12: Spare me is exactly right. I mean, you were the first black first lady in American history. There's no reason to be a victim. And you know, I don't really like Barack Obama, but let's just admit that he's got an aura, he's got swag, he's a great orator, and when he talks, he doesn't constantly sound like a victim. I don't know why Michelle doesn't copy her husband and use some of the public speaking skills that he has, because every time that she goes out and does an interview, she either embarrasses him, she embarrasses herself, or she embarrasses her brother who was her podcast host and I think had to quit. So Michelle Obama has a victimhood disorder where she feels like, even though she's one of the most successful black women in American history, she's still a victim somehow. So I really hope that she's not a role model for young black women that when they have success, do not go and complain about it on podcasts constantly. Nobody wants to hear that, So, you know, Michelle Obama copy Barack please.
Speaker 2: On the other hand, it does provide us with endless content on shows like this Alex, so maybe she shouldn't stop anytime soon.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 2: Finally, Democratic Californian State Senators Scott Walker.
Speaker 3: He's proposed new legislation this week called.
Speaker 2: The No Kings Act, which would make it easier for residents to sue immigration officials for violating their constitutional right. Walker is running to replace retiring Nancy Pelosi's House seat.
Speaker 3: How do you think he'll go with ideas like this?
Speaker 12: You know, honestly, they say, I legal immigrants camp vote, because that's what he's been his whole entire campaign is that he hopes that these are illegal immigrants. I guess so, no voter ID laws can go vote for him because I'm telling you this is a bipartisan issue. People don't want illegal immigrants taking their jobs from them. That's the problem. Is like in theory, we think that we're countries competing against each other, but that's not the truth. It's really just citizens within America competing with each other to get jobs. And once you bring in all this illegal immigration, these companies can pay them so much less and it just makes it much much harder to get a job. So I think this is a bipartisan effort to actually shut shut down the border and to you know, clean up our country. And I know that, you know, the media might I give you that impression, but trust me, there's a lot of leftists that are sick and tired of illegal immigrants hitting them in their car, not having insurance, causing them all kinds of issues. They see their you know, crime is up. It's just when it comes down to ice agents, they're not the problem. It's leadership like this. I want to protect the illegal immigrants and not the hard working, you know, American police force that is trying to make our country a safer place.
Speaker 2: Not the impression that we're getting from the many of the mainstream media outlets over there. So thanks for shining some light on what people are really thinking, Alexeyn, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 12: My pleasure. Thank you guys for having me.
Speaker 2: Aroana Grande and Cynthia Arrivo have certainly had more than a few odd moments during.
Speaker 3: Their Wicked for Good press tour.
Speaker 2: First, Australian serial Pest Johnson went jumped a barricade and ambushed Grande at the movie Singapool premiere. Arrivo leaped to her defense despite bodyguards being just there behind them. Then there was this weird moment when Arrivo kept fiddling with Grande's necklace even though there was nothing visibly wrong.
Speaker 13: She's getting the fixing itch. That's Cynthia Vase there.
Speaker 5: Oh, thank you.
Speaker 2: Now the stars have appeared on a French podcast where they acted like one of them was dying from a terminal disease.
Speaker 14: I'm just spending time with you. It's good, the pleasure getting to are you and I hope you will be their theirst man. I will be and I hope you will be two and it's been the privilege of my life and I love you. Yeah, I hope you'll let my life French be one of the things that then your raining on a line.
Speaker 2: It Seriously, if someone figures out what's going on with these two, please let us know.
Speaker 3: Only in America after the break.
Speaker 2: And now it's time for a little segment we like to call only in America. Half a dozen Democrats released an online video this week urging US servicemen and women to defy illegal orders.
Speaker 1: Our laws are clear. You can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 5: You can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 8: You must refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 9: No one has to.
Speaker 3: Carry out orders that violate the law or our constitution.
Speaker 1: We know this is hard and that it's a difficult time to be a public servant.
Speaker 5: But whether you're serving in the CIA, the Army, or Navy Air Force, your vigilance is critical and know that we.
Speaker 12: Have your back.
Speaker 2: As you can imagine, the reaction has been off the charts overnight. President Donald Trump himself posted to truth Social this is really bad and dangerous to our country. Their words cannot be allowed to stand. Sir Disho's behavior from traitors. Lock them up and when he decided jail time didn't go far enough. He called for the death penalty. Sir Dishou's behavior punishable by death, he wrote. The lawmakers in the viral video then responded to Trump's posts, demand he delete them and calling on every American to unite and condemn the president's calls for our murder and political violence. Well, he didn't exactly call for murder, but his response was extreme, even if the message in that video did give off a clear treasonous vibe. But according to Congresswoman Chrissy Hulahan, it's everyone else's faults for misinterpreting the video, claiming it was never about telling servicemen to ignore orders. She said, I'm enormously frustrated with the way that this very sensible video is being interpreted in a really insidious way.
Speaker 3: Really rollo tape.
Speaker 1: You can refuse illegal orders, you can refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 8: You must refuse illegal orders.
Speaker 2: You make up your own mind. Thanks for your company. Tonight up next to read to panahe with left He's losing it.