Speaker 1: I'll get a team before we get under way. Today, a blatant plug for me upcome a new mentoring program. As you know, I do me best to keep the advertising for my own programs to a minimum on this show because I think it's kind of annoying. But fuck it, today I'm breaking my own rule. So on July thirty, my new eight week online mentoring Extravaganza kicks off. And I've created this program for people who want to get more out of their time, talent, genetics, potential, skills, career and resources what they've got at their disposal. People who want to move above and beyond the groundhog danus of unconscious repetition, of frustration, of self sabotage and overthinking and underdoing, and the destructive habits and rituals, and the crappy results and the perpetual waiting for the right time that never comes. We'll be unpacking the human experience from a psychological, emotional, sociological, phys logical, your body and behavioral perspective, and there'll be lots of room and time for interaction, conversation, and Q and A. So, if that doesn't sound terrible and you'd like to find out a little bit more about the program. Go to me website, me website and take a peek at the very detailed eight week overview. So just go to me dot com. Well, no, it's not really, it's actually Craigharper one word dot net, click on education and see what's up. Alrighty on with the show. O good a team. It's you project, It's Tiffany and Cook, It's Patrick, James Banelo, Craig, Anthony Harper. Once in a while we get together and talk about nothing in particular. We're really good at it, well, we think, so we'll start with the lady, because that's been polite morning. Patrick.
Speaker 2: He's already fired a broadside, nice one. He cuts off our lovely conversation, Tip, and then he fires a broadside at me. Hi, Craigo, how are you well?
Speaker 1: You don't mind at all, And we all know that Tips a little bit more bloky than you. I mean, we've established that you know that she knows that, and that's all okay. In twenty twenty five, everything's okay. How have you been?
Speaker 2: Oh, look, I've been okay. It's been an interesting week. I've had some fun jobs to do, but I actually had a stye on my eye that got infected. It was really yep. So I've been battling an itchy You know, there's nothing worse than an itchy eye that you can't scratch, don't you reckon?
Speaker 1: There's probably a couple of things worse, like cancer, But I mean, I don't know that that's the worst thing. But I don't know.
Speaker 2: Qu feel for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know what you're saying.
Speaker 2: No, thank you, tiff this.
Speaker 1: I love it when people say there's nothing worse. I'm like, well, not true, it's true.
Speaker 2: Okay, you're right, I shouldn't Yeah, you're be literal and I yep, thank you for clapifying that. Again, could get the facts right on the segment.
Speaker 1: But you do have my empathy, it is. And you know, what shit when you've got a really itchy I and of course you can't fucking scratch it.
Speaker 2: Actually they're talking about what shit is? This is so funny. So one of the jobs we had this week, Monday was the nicest day. It was very fortunate because we went and did some filming for a client that is called h SP Advanced Equine. So there's two arms to the business. One's a charity where they basically rescue horses and goats and camels and a whole lot of stuff. And they've got this new horse float that lowers itself to the ground, making it easier for the horses to get on and off and to get in and out, and that sort of thing, which is actually a very big thing if you've got an injured horse. And so they wanted us to film it, so I had my drone. I love when I get to go fly my drone and get paid for it. But the funniest thing was we get it already. I've got my drone in the air. They bring the horse out and the horses shat everywhere, so the poor people are out with the shovels, try to clean up. Then they get it all ready again are shit again. So we were constantly trying to fill this thing with this poor horse. So it was kind of funny. And of course, because I was flying the drone, I was quite far away from him all the action, whereas the camera guy, my colleague, was pretty close to it all. So that was kind of funny. And the last time we went filming on location, he backed into an electric fence for camels. It did stig somewhat Luckily he's a big, solid guy, and he did let loose a few expletives in front of the client and the client's sister and the client's husband, but they were all laughing so hard it didn't seem to mind.
Speaker 1: I'm no tech guru, but if we're loading a horse into a float, why do we need drone footage?
Speaker 2: Oh? We just wanted to get some interesting angles so he can do cutaway shots. It's just that. So I was doing like circling around, coming in low over the top because it gives a perspective. So my colleague was down quite low watching it lower down, and then as you bring the horse in, it just makes the vision more exciting when you see it from an aerial perspective.
Speaker 1: Is that the way that you sell it to the client, just because you want to use your drone?
Speaker 2: Partially? No, she requested it because we'd previously done some footage for them, and she.
Speaker 1: Did she did request, of course, of course, I bet that was what she led with, Please use your drone? Patrick, All right, Donna, if I have.
Speaker 2: To, I can flare the drone in your studio and have an aerial shot of you.
Speaker 1: TIF How are you this morning?
Speaker 2: Fabulous?
Speaker 3: Thanks Craigs. Anthony Harper.
Speaker 1: How's your blood sugar? Because Patrick and I have been worried about it. You got yourself a new toy. Tell our listeners what you've jabbed into your body.
Speaker 3: Jammed a continuous glucose monitor into my arm. It is so much fun. My theory. My theory was this, I will stop eating those big cookies from that cookie shop up the road that I eat when I don't need to. When I have the visual data that says, hey, look what that does to you, It'll just give me a little bit more reason to be like.
Speaker 1: I won't have that cookie.
Speaker 3: I put it on last night and then turned into this game where I was like, I wonder what I can eat to get my blood sugar up, but a very low blood sugar.
Speaker 2: I've got very low blood sugar. That sounds borderline obsessive to me a bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah I am, yep, yeah, I'm with you. Like there's especially with her. She does get a little bit infatuated with data and numbers and especially shit about her body.
Speaker 2: And I very.
Speaker 1: Rarely say this, but maybe you and cookies are okay for the time being.
Speaker 3: Well it seems so, but you know, here's some data for you. I put this on a four o'clock yesterday or three point thirty, and it was ready by four point thirty to give me data. It's given me one hundred and fifty seven scan views per so far. I wonder if that's how many times I've opened the app.
Speaker 2: Surely it's not. Maybe that wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: But also, could you explain to our listeners who are going as Some get it, but some are like I don't understand what that means or why you're doing that, Like what is the point? I mean? This is nice because it's an intersection of technology, like you're literally putting something into your body and getting all this data printed out and the real world, which is your life. So explain to our listeners why anyone would do that?
Speaker 3: Which shows our relationship with I think processing of carbohydrates, processing of the food that we eat. So when does it spike our blood sugar and drop our blood sugar? And that can relate to how consistent our energy is or what you know, how good our diet is. I found overnight that I so I sit quite low, and then overnight I dipped into the red zone of very low, which could be potentially under fueling, or it could be not eating enough carbs overall. So for me, it's interesting to go, Okay, well, I think this is how I think I eat, and this is how I think I fuel, But what is my body telling me, especially with the hormonal and energy and fatigue and recovery stuff that I've been going through lately.
Speaker 2: Tis Can we take a reading now and then do a reading at the end of the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now. I've just went down that I had. I was just driving home and I sent Harps a screenshot. I was down to three point four or something. I dipped low again and I'd eaten breaky this morning, and then I came home. I had a teaspoon of honey just to fucking pump it up see what I could do, and then my protein hot chocolate and it's currently sitting at five point six. Stay tuned, everybody.
Speaker 2: Awesome, OK, I've written it down.
Speaker 1: It's definitely going to drop over the next fifty minutes or so.
Speaker 2: Go on, Patrick, I can I just say, just to make you feel a little bit better about being obsessive or maybe not obsessive, depending on how you compare it. A few years ago I decided to try out the keto diet, so ketosis, So basically it's where you substitute your carbohydrates for protein and fat, and that becomes your body's fuel source. So when your body goes into a crisis, effectively, when you don't have enough carbohydrates, it starts to digest fats and proteins, and that's ketosis, is the way I understand it. So the obsession that I got to was I bought a very large box of keto sticks and I proceeded then to pee on them every half hour.
Speaker 3: Sound how did you have that much pea?
Speaker 2: Well, I had to keep drinking. So yes, I was borderline obsessive because I wanted to see how much fat I was urinating out my fuel intake compared to what was coming out of me. So yeah, I think we probably fall in the same spectrum of ossiveness.
Speaker 1: I just had a visual of you weeing on the sticks and getting it on your hand, and I just don't need.
Speaker 2: That at this I did say I was trading at Harpers at the time and probably doing weights with you.
Speaker 1: Oh God, I hope we didn't touch.
Speaker 2: Hey, just when we did weights together, Craig, you know that.
Speaker 1: Let's just oh, we did that as well. TIF. Let's just remind people that, so people who are pre diabetic or diabetic, so their blood sugar typically is going to be higher because their pancreas doesn't work as well or perhaps at all, which is why pancres releases insulin, which is why some people need to inject insulin to get it down. So what's a kind of a regular normal like a healthy person reading in the morning, And what's the like, what's the zone that's okay? And then the zone that we should worry.
Speaker 3: So the zone on listograph here, it's got a little green bar and it sits between four and ten. So I think between four and ten is where you want to be bouncing around right, five point six five point six, five points five point three.
Speaker 1: Now, well, by the way, everyone, none of this is medical advice. I feel like ten might be getting a little high. That's just my recollection. But I'm interested to see what tip is in forty minutes from now. My client done you sorry.
Speaker 3: My client is type one diabetic and she wears these and she's a screenshot of mind to her yesterday and she's screenshot back and she has a lot of hypos overnight, so she just to hop up. She her alarm wakes her up and she got to smash jelly beans.
Speaker 2: I mean, how awesome is that. Oh, we gotta have a jelly brain for your health, but.
Speaker 1: That you'd want it at three am.
Speaker 3: Though, No, I mean it'd be for diabetics, it'd bit. It's such a big thing and it's so important.
Speaker 1: How many night ways do you have, Tiff.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 3: I get up it early in the morning and have ways unless I'm not. If I'm not sleeping, I'll have a lot. If I have one of those insomniac nights where I'm just wide awake, then I'll go quite frequently. But normally I'll stay stay select till about five five, have my best morning wi Patrick zero.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd never get up to go to the toilet, but I do. I wake up early and then go back to sleep again, so I'm usually up about two thirty three thirty, but i never feel I need to. That's also due partly because I tend to not drink after about six o'clock, and that way it curtails any need to then have to get up to go to the toilet. Because I actually my bathroom's downstairs as well, so have to. And the statistics say that the most critical time for falls is in the middle of the night, when you get up out of bed to go for a week.
Speaker 1: And I've got your age. Yes, indeed, I would love to do a biological age test on you. I reckon you would be thirty five.
Speaker 2: No, that's lovely, but no, yeah.
Speaker 1: You'd be. I mean like, you've never really, you've never smashed your body. You've never been out of shape per se, You've never been a drinker or a drug taker. You're generally happy, like I reckon, And you've got good genetics, and you're always moving your body and you do your you know, your origami or whatever it's called, your body holding the same thing, same thing. I'm kidding everyone. I know the difference.
Speaker 2: And I'm sitting adding my Schnauzer as well.
Speaker 1: Wow, you sound like Dame Everett. We like that. Yeah, that is one of the funniest jokes of alter. I know.
Speaker 2: We're spoken about it. It's the best look up Damen and Schnauzer. It's I still laugh every time I see it.
Speaker 1: Oh god, he is he was so good, A bit like polarizing. Yeah, I can remember one of my American friends watched that had no idea what was going on, and you know, very Australian humor. But anyway, let's talk about tech.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're talking about coffee. First off. Can I just add a little, quick, little interesting story about research being done here in Australia about coffee grounds, because frighteningly he wait for this, there's an amazing amount of coffee that's produced every year in the grounds. From that is about ten billion kilograms okay, ten billion kilograms of coffee is wasted globally, and now research being done here in Australia at r MIT is looking at ways to heat the coffee to a really the left over grounds, heat it to a really high temperature without moisture, and then it can be used to reinforce concrete and it could actually be make concrete even stronger and tastes better when you lick it.
Speaker 1: Well, I think, boom, boom, Yeah, you're an idiot. You were just waiting for that last set.
Speaker 2: Absolutely yeah. Maybe or sugar on top before you lick it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, well that makes sense. I mean it's probably by the time it's dehyd all the waters out of it's probably not unlike sawdust or wood or something.
Speaker 2: It's going to be heated to about three hundred and fifty degrees celsiu, so it's pretty darn hot. And it's called pyalizing, and that's what breaks down all the organic molecules and it becomes this carbon rich charcoal like substance, and it's called biochar. And then they use that and they can combine it with concrete. But it makes concrete even stronger as well as it actually is. It forms a much more robust and strong the concrete.
Speaker 1: Then your whole house smells like a cappuccino.
Speaker 2: That wouldn't be too bad, though.
Speaker 1: It would be it would I wonder what the I mean when you say it's got to be what did you say he treated three hundred and fifty Yeah, I wonder what the cost of that is. I wonder if you do a cost benefit analysis and you've got to get all the stuff, You've got to get all the coffee beans. Then you've got to put it through this process, and then you've got to because to me, I don't I feel like concrete is not a super expensive kind of substance.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the problem is that we're using so many other materials that could be replaced by the coffee. So there's you know, you've you've got to think about how they're currently making coffee and this is one of coffee. They're currently making concrete and they're using natural resources like sand, and if this could replace the sand and it's a waste product there and they could flip it a little bit, then that could be beneficial as well. Because there's a lot of sand that gets used in making concrete and they're saying replace that with this ten billion kilograms of waste.
Speaker 1: I feel like we're not running out of sand anytime soon.
Speaker 2: Will you live by the beach?
Speaker 1: Have you seen have you seen the deserts around the world. I feel like there's a fair bit of it. Okay, I don't know. I don't know that that's a good sales pitch.
Speaker 2: Please don't RT don't ever used if you're marketing. I'm not doing the coffee ground at sales pitch.
Speaker 1: Tell us about why I should be terrified of my dishwasher.
Speaker 2: Well, look, it sounds like I'm ringing the alarm bells, but this is again some research. It's being done here in Australia on micro plastics and nanoplastics, and so the University of Queensland is running studies of they put a whole lot of plastic stuff out of the kitchen into a dishwasher and they found that basically annually about thirty three million plastic particles a year are coming out into our sewage system via dishwashers, and so they're kind of pushing for more research into what it means with these micro and nanoplastics. And every individual wash that is done releases nine hundred and twenty thousand particles. So a full load of plastics in a dishwasher is churning out nine hundred and twenty thousand particles of plastic. And this is the concern because microplastics and nanoplastics are everywhere and we're contributing to that by just running the dishwasher. I know it's an alarm bell kind of statistic, but it does sound pretty intense, doesn't it. That's when you're running at about seventy degrees as well.
Speaker 1: I get scared of plastic and heat. I feel like, obviously, I think, oh, I know, we're still allowed in invert commas to use plastic in the microwave but I never put plastic plastic in them. I'd just rather wash all my plastic shit under the tap.
Speaker 2: You know, I threw away my plastic chopping boards this week after reading this article, because when you cut into a plastic cutting board, you can see the grooves and so plastics are being released every time you slice something. So I've got wood I mean, I generally use wooden cutting boards. It's only when I'm doing my dates for my porridge that i use the smaller cutting boards.
Speaker 1: It's your dates for your porridge.
Speaker 2: I had gates to porridge and my cheer seeds and my hemp seeds and all lots of stuff. It's a great porridge when you come and start make porridge for you.
Speaker 1: We've heard enough about your dates over the years. All right, tell us about the Melbourne company that got busted for dodgy AI fabricated citations or reviews or recommendations.
Speaker 2: No, these are citations being used in court. So it's in Melbourne. Yeah, yeah, they were using citations in court documents. And it ends up what happened was a junior solicitor, so she was using a Google scholar search tool and she said, oh, I'd used it at University, and it was no problem when I used it at UNI, and then she used it in a real case, and so they've been ordered by the federal court to personally pay costs for submitting it was a Native Title summary document and it's in all these citations that were wrong, either incorrect, or didn't actually exist in the first place. So, yeah, big slap on the hand to this company, this legal firm for using the court.
Speaker 1: There's going to have to be more and more of that, mate, I think with you know, the amount of content that AI can produce in no minutes, like can you can create a ten page document and in thirty seconds you just got to print it out and that it probably reads and looks legit, But then somebody has got to do all of the work to actually find out that it's bullshit it don't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, we do use a little bit of AI sometimes. I like to use it in summaries if it's really it's a lot of information and I get it to summarize for my own use. But I still find that you need to the human approach is still really important to add the human element to that to kind of be critical to look at whether or not that information is concise, and you know, we wouldn't just I wouldn't certainly just use it without checking it first. But it can be fantastic and it can really assist in a lot of things. I saw another article this week that looks exciting and interesting in the use of AI art and it's a group that it's a camera based not for profit, and what they're doing is they're encouraging women to try to use AI generating tools as a part of a competition to talk about representation of women in AI to kind of change the narrative. And I started reading this and I thought, this kind of makes a lot of sense because there is a built in bias in AI, and so I did a little bit of investigating myself, and so I thought, what I'll do is I'll jump into a few AI image generators and I'll just do a search on you know, show me a picture of a young woman, show me a picture of a middle aged woman, and an old woman, and the same with show me a picture of a young man, middle aged and old man. And all of them were Anglo Saxon. So I was using the meta AI and to a fault, they just depicted Anglo saxon white people. And then I thought, okay, well what other biases might there be? So I typed in Alexander the Great and his young lover. Okay, and it depicted Alexander the Great with the young woman. Now, when I ran the same AI search using Gemini, that's the Google search it then it wasn't. It was a text search, not an image search. It gave me a very detailed bit of information about the fact that it was thought that Alexander the Great gay and was homosexual and had male lovers, which is quite widely known. So it gave me citations and references to historical information, you know, and a whole lot of information that seemed to be quite factual. So then I went back to the AI image generator, the Meta AI image generator, and I changed the prompt from Alexander the Great and his young lover to Alexander the Great and his young male lover. And the response I got from Meta was oops, I can't generate that image.
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah wow?
Speaker 1: So how did I mean? Me being serious? For once? How does that make you feel?
Speaker 2: Well? On multiple levels, one, that bias is factually wrong, because we know there's a lot of historical information about Alexander the Great and about his you know. But also society was very different at that time. There was a very you know, woman society and the idea that a male would have a male lover as opposed to a wife to have children. It was very different. It was you know, it's kind of different to what our standards are today or what you know, society, societical societal societal standard are today. But for me personally, when I look at the search for Anglo Saxons, but specifically something that is factually correct but refuses to depict Alexander the Great with a male lover, it's kind of like, what the hell? So what are the other biases that are happening when people are doing searches. That's what it led me to feel. So it was a bit shitty really when you think about it. But also it's if they're getting this wrong, factually wrong, then what else is being factually wrong? When it's churning out this information.
Speaker 1: And even when you fed it the right information or the right data, you went, well, actually here's some it went ah, can't do it. I mean that's weird, that's what.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's almost called the over tone to that is, it's an inappropriate image. And that's I guess when you ask the question, how did I feel there's an overtone of this AI saying that the depiction of two men was inappropriate. And I did then subsequently use a different AI and it had no problem with generating the images when I did the same prompts. So you just got to know that, you know, use more than one AI. See what the results are if you're not getting the results you want or you think that they're wrong. But you know, we just saw that with a legal case in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: You know, agents, if I've got to do something mildly important, like I'll say, you know, I want to put in a document that might be just five pages, I'll put it into chat GPT four point zero or there's another one which is more logic. I think it's called zero point three or something, which is part of the suite of options in chat GPT, and I also use Claude. And I just see the difference between the two, and it's quite stark sometimes speaking of AI, I saw this the other day. But you tell us about the Microsoft study that looked comparing doctors with AI diagnosing complex health conditions.
Speaker 2: I guess that this is really interesting because Microsoft is coming out and claiming that AI systems perform better than human doctors at doing complex health diagnoses, so they're touting what they're calling a medical superintelligence. Now, I guess when you think about it, if you go to a general practitioner to diagnose something, then you're relying on that practitioner having had years of experience, but they can't instantly recall all the research papers, all the research study, all the information. And so to me, it makes sense if you're using this as a tool as a medical professional. And that comes back to because they will be a asking the right questions but also querying things they think may not be right. I mean, obviously this is you know, Microsoft's own AI unit that's coming out and making these claims. But from a diagnostic perspective, if you can draw and all that, I mean, if I have a boil on my foot, there could potentially be millions of pictures of different boils on feet, and they could do an instant comparison and are both of you are turning your noses up. I don't know the first thing that came to mind, but what I'm saying is if you have. Okay, here's a good one. Skin cancer. This is a really important one. If you think about a mole on your on your shoulder, and I'm always blown away. I go to my doctor every twelve I've I've got a doctor who is a dermatologist who specializes in that area, and I only ever go to him once a year to get him to have a look at my body. And he looks at all the little spots and things and he can I can look at two spots and they look exactly the same and he says, no, no, no, that's this and that's that. It's like really and so someone who's a specialist in that area has lots and lots and lots of experience. But if your GP doesn't, then they could be using an AI tool that can compare so many different images and then come up with a result. And particularly in Australia, with what two out of three Australians will get a form of skin cancer. That's a really frightening statistic.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think I think that a couple of things struck me when I read that, and then hearing you, then I think people get really defensive and like fuck II doctors studied for and I agree doctors are brilliant, but also like everyone on the planet, doctors a human, doctors get things wrong. Podcasters get things wrong, you know, bricklayers get things wrong, neurosurgeons get there, you know, And it's okay. I think it's not a replacement, like you said. I think it's just a valuable tool. And you know, when you know, AI doesn't get tired, like, it doesn't fatigue, it doesn't you know, So I think we would be even in academia. Now there's this real kind of debates not the right word, but conversation going on around how to use AI in research, how to use AI in academia in general, because like if I can if I can write a paper and then I just go, I can put that through AI and say, do all my references at the bottom, and it's done in thirty seconds, saving me three hours. It's not like, well that's it's it's not really cheating. It's like, well, all the contents in there, it's drawing from my work and my references and the authors that I've used and the papers that I've used. And by the way, there is actually a program that does all of this, multiple programs but it's a bad example. But yeah, I think trying to figure out how to ethically use AI moving forward, but also with as you inferred, realizing that it's going to be inaccurate and it's going to get shit wrong. Ergo you know what's his name and his lover?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, it's interesting we have only ever recorded this podcast late in the day once in the entire years what we're doing. Two years at least we've been doing podcast. And interestingly, I know for a fact that I perform so much better in the morning in terms of my recall, my engagement, and I think that this very same podcast, using the same topics, same information, done at say eight o'clock at night, would be totally different, and I reckon more crab because I just work better in the morning. I'm a morning person, and I think that for me, particularly with recall, if I'm tired, you know, all those sorts of factors play a part. So if you're being you know, sitting down with your GP and you're the last appointment for the day and he's a bit foggy because he's had a long day, then or she potentially that could be something that could impact their diagnosis.
Speaker 1: And I think we've got a factor that and just be real and practical and say, it's not that they're bad people, it's not that they don't know a lot, it's not that they don't care. It's just that they fatigue. I mean, there's quite a bit of research done, kind of more curiosity based research than life changing research around when you want to go before a judge. If you've been charged with something like, yeah, the best time of the day to see a judges early in the day, when he or she is in a better mood, they're fresh, they've had breakfast, they've had a sleep, and nobody's pissed them off.
Speaker 2: Yet they just don't think don't go to don't go in front of a judge of the first place?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, you know it hasn't stopped you three or four times.
Speaker 2: Tell us about I've got to tell you one more AI story because I'm so excited about this. Go on cool. There's a new film that's come out. Wait, it's called Watch the Skies And I was about to hit you up with that.
Speaker 1: Will you send me this fucking list? And then you don't let me use the list? Like wait, wait, I've literally got it in front of me.
Speaker 2: You know, how have you noticed he has this look on his face and when he's about to change the topic.
Speaker 1: Don't talk to Tiff. Don't talk to Tiff and try and get support from her. Why do you send me this list if you don't let me use the list? I'm kidding. I'm kidding. Keep going. Tell us about Watch the Skies.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's a Swedish UFO film and it's about this person whose father is abducted by aliens or thinks their father has been abducted. But that's not the exciting thing. I mean, it does seem like a movie that I would definitely watch. But what I'm most excited about is that they've recorded it in Swedish, that's the original film, and then they got the actors to revoice it in English, and instead of reshooting the film, they've used AI to move their lips in time to the English phrases. So you're having to watch that kind of really weird thing. Remember the old, the old martial art film dub.
Speaker 1: You disrespect by Family.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the one, and everybody Craig just moved his lips. Anyway, This is an audio podcast. By the way, I just wanted to make you too laugh and you know it's funny though, because look, there's been a little bit of criticism. It's like, well, just watch the original and read the subtitles. But I was watching a German video this morning with subtitles. Germans talk so fast and the words are so long that it's difficult to watch the action on screen whilst you're still reading the subtitles. So being able to have an English dub that actually moves in time to the lip movement. So this is from my understanding, this is the first time it's been done properly. So it's called Watch the Skies. It's only just coming out, but it looks like it's a really great use of deep fake. Effectively, that's the AI, you know, we call it deep fake, and what they're doing is moving the lips in time to the movements of the English So.
Speaker 1: I love it. Not nearly as impressive as that, but something in the same ballpark kind of mate is I saw this. This is very new used to me and probably you and TIF will eye roll and go well, of course, but so they've got this tech now where let's say you've got to you've got to do a five or six minute video that's scripted, so you can literally have it on your screen and the cameras in front of you and your scripts to the right, and so your eyes are obviously diverted, and then you push a button and it makes it look as though you're talking to camera. That's probably has that been around forever?
Speaker 2: No, I don't know. That's the first I've heard of it. But it makes it lot good. Yeah, that's really exciting that.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm about to record a fifty video series and I'm like, obviously I freestyle a lot, but i also have notes. So I've got the screen in front of me, the video in front of me, and I've also got my notes to the right usually of whatever it is, you know, even you know, if I'm doing a mentoring something or an online gig, You've still got your notes to the right. So every now and then your eyes are not looking at the camera and you're talking looking to the right, Whereas this corrects all of that, so you're always looking at the camera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exciting. That's pretty pretty cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people who do my job, it makes it. Yeah, it makes it better. Tell us about cars. Tell us about one of my favorite topics.
Speaker 2: I know you love all this sort of stuff. Well, there's a people really know the show Me Company, the Chinese phone manufacturer for making phones show Me, but they.
Speaker 1: Is that the one that's spelt with an X.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Xiaomi show Me. It's pronounced wow. Gets probably a good thing to point out because when people see it, they probably pronounce it x Iomi or something, but it's show Me. Yeah. So because in Chinese X's pronounces a sound like shan where the terracotta warriors are xi An. Anyway, they've released their first electric car. But within the first eighteen hours they managed to get two hundred and forty thousand orders. There's a lot of people been waiting for this new electric car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's status. Yeah, China's gone nuts with evs, like nuts.
Speaker 2: The model is called the y U seven and it's kind of the equivalent to the Tesla Model Y but a little bit cheaper. And that's what you're right here in China. But I remember the first time I went to China was twenty thirteen, and then I went back probably about five years later, and it had gone from the first time I was. There. Lots of motorbikes churning out fumes. So Beijing was always renowned for having this haze sitting over it. And then in five years time there was all a conversion to electric so everyone was riding electric scooters instead of petrol driven scooters, so no more churning out from all the scooters that have been driven around. And the other thing that was mind blowing for me at least going from Beijing to a coastal town called Beida hur which is where we do tai chi. The drive there is quite a few hours, and it was not forested, and then all of a sudden, five years later, totally forested. They just planted. So you know, that's I guess one of the things that a big kind of you know country where you put to dictate down you say right, no more petrol driven motorbikes, and they're gone, No want more trees, We're going to put more. I mean, I'm not suggesting that's probably the best way of goning, but amazing that they can do that overnight. And as you said, there's a real passion now for Chinese produced electric vehicles. And you know, eighteen hours, two hundred and forty thousand orders is pretty epic. I reckon I.
Speaker 1: Watched a video yesterday. It was a CEO of Ford America and he'd just come back from China and he was saying that all the basically all the Western manufacturers need to get their shit together because the stuff they're doing in China is phenomenal. And it used to be our Chinese cars junk. Right. He's like, they are better and this is the He's like, we are behind now, which is interesting.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: It's like, yeah, the quality is the build quality is amazing, which that used to be the issue. The technology is amazing, and because they are so efficient, the price is better.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's it's I mean we saw this hap be hard to compete.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we saw this with Japan in the seventies and eighties, where they were the imitator and then became the innovator. And that's what's happened in China. You know the term, you know, Dji is the drone manufacturing company, and it's it's recognized everywhere that Dji, the Chinese brand, makes the best drones in terms of you know, what's out on the market at the moment. They're pretty amazing. I'm still using the drone that I use this week with my client is an old drone by standards. Now, I's think it's probably about five or six years old, and the footage is four k It's stunning. It's got what they call a gimbal on the bottom of it, so if the wind blows the drone around and it moves, the cameras is perfectly locked. It's stunning. It's really great and the footage is great. And that was you know, five or six year old drone and it's still working exceptionally well today.
Speaker 1: The same thing happened with you know, you said Japan and now we're China. In the middle of those two was Korea, remember South Korea with Hyundai and Kia, and because when Hyundas came out, they were fucking terrible and now they're amazing, like the build quality on all of these things, and it's I guess it's a natural evolution. So we will watch this space tell me why driving my car fast away from the lights is a good idea. And I couldn't be happier about this.
Speaker 2: I thought you'd get half a chub over this, scientist.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure you can say that.
Speaker 2: Can I crap? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Can you get when when we look at the bars on the ev on the battery.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's what I meant. Yeah, yeah, thank you for getting me out of that hole.
Speaker 1: So quite often, so many things, so many things.
Speaker 2: Do Remember when you had your first car, people would say to you, you know, if you accelerate really fast, it blows all the carb and crap out of the car, and it's better for your car to do that. And that was a great excuse to accelerate quickly and your you know, fourteen hundred mes to eight oh eight. Well they're now saying that electric cars actually can benefit from rapid acceleration. So it's supposed to be good for the electric battery because it's called dynamic cycling, and it just means you put it under real load for a very short amount of time in rapid acceleration, and it's now thought that it's actually better for the battery to do that, So there is actual science behind it. The findings found that the battery health responds to what they call low frequency pulses and then higher peak currents rather than just stained draw So when you you know, when a battery gets used, generally it's under a sustained load, but by increasing and decreasing that those bursts of power then like can stop and go traffic will actually help and so research has gone into that. So I mean, we're not encouraging you to go over the speed limit, but getting there quickly and fun is always good, isn't it. Craig, Well, my car.
Speaker 1: Is electric and petrol like yours. It's a hybrid. So I mean, if I've got to take one for the team and scretch away from the lights for the good of the environment and the world and humanity, I will do it. Now, what has come to our attention this week has been all the data breach with Quantis, and I know in your cyber security section here we're talking about how we need to be aware of cyber criminals.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, I didn't want to go into all the detail because there's so much in the media about what's going on with the Quantus thing, and it's evolving every minute, you know, every day we're hearing new details and statistics. It was six million initially, and that's five point seven million people whose data basically frequent flyers data's out there. But I was reading a really interesting article that talked about what ald accounts mean for your online privacy in online safety because you know, when you think of it, every time you've signed up to buy some groceries, or you've maybe downloaded a mobile game, a fitness app, anything that you've done online over all the decades that we've been online, that could still be sitting there somewhere on a server with your information. And it could be your name, it could be your phone number, your address, that points those points of reference data that those points of information are what makes your self fulnderable online because it's identity theft effectively, if they know your address, know your phone number, know all those points of reference that you give willingly and handover, and it could even be a credit card information then potentially because it's sitting out there and it's thought that the average person is about one hundred and seventy passwords, but they're all out there and people reuse them as well. So this article was really good because it talked about why old accounts can be such a big security risk and then the methods that you can go through to try to get rid of them. So one of the things you can do, who is just think about all the old accounts you've got, go in there and delete them if you've not used them. For more than twelve months, then it's probably not idea for to have them there. And then I thought, well, who's going to remember all of those? And so what you can do is you can actually do search in your email for things like welcome to you know, after you've joined, you know, you get that email welcome to you, Craig Harper role with the Punches Club, so that sort of stuff, and you think it's an unsubscribe from that crap, the Craig Halper part, not the role of the Punches yet. But so there's ways you can go about looking for old accounts and then deleting them. And if you can't delete them, because some make it really hard to do that, go into the credit card info and delete the credit card, try or change the information so it's not your information. So if you're finding that you've got a site that you've gone to and they're just refusing to delete it, then just change it to some something else and it's not something that you you know, you're not going to spend the next twenty four hours doing it, but every now and again just jump and jump on and check and just see if there's an old account that you don't need any more, uninstall the app, delete your information.
Speaker 1: You know what if there's probably some cyber criminals somewhere on the planet right now tracking your blood sugar.
Speaker 2: Hey, what's your blood sugar at the moment?
Speaker 1: Tip Well been dying to tell you.
Speaker 3: Guys we've dropped down of three point five.
Speaker 2: Well, that's a bit of a worry.
Speaker 1: Quick, don't get yourself a muffin quick, hurry the fuck up, go to the pantry. I told wanted this to make me eat less.
Speaker 2: You were not more.
Speaker 1: I don't know that. I don't know that that thing's a good thing for you. I think that's just going to create a new level of anxiety that you can't.
Speaker 3: Get one of those pistachio quick, give you a jake the road, you give you that would be nice because that would get your blood sugar up, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: What a fresh date? What I like? Its stick good. It's just rather than a jelly baby something that's great.
Speaker 3: Fresh dates with homemade almond butter.
Speaker 2: You know what, tiff, I had to go to a dinner recently, and so I thought it'd make a vegan dessert. And you know what it was. You get fresh dates, you cut all the pips out and then you flatten them in a tray, cover them with crunchy peanut butter, then hot dark chocolate, you melt the dart, then you put coconut sprinkles and fresh raspberries, and then when the best slice ever?
Speaker 1: Next time I speaking of diabetes harps and.
Speaker 3: I come to the land, can you make that from Yes? Absolutely, perps in that virtual headset. Yeah, it's really fun.
Speaker 1: That would be that would give me a heart attack. Patrick, before we move on from cybersecurity, tell me how hackers can attack my phone via earbuds and how this.
Speaker 2: Is really worrying, isn't it. So some of the formats that are used with bluetooth connectivity from your headphones to your phone, evidently now it's thought that your earbuds could be more vulnerable.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's holding his headphones in front of us. Again a visual reference on an audio podcast, Nice one, gravit.
Speaker 1: Now that's been audio referenced because you translated for the listener. Thank you. But use I use Bluetooth headphones all day, like when I'm out in the Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so there are some vulnerabilities, it's thought in bluetooth hardware, and so researchers are trying to think of okay, like they're doing a proof of concept exploit, but they're thinking that not only could you get into the phone, and they're saying it could be quite a severe risk. But it's more than just monitoring what you're doing. So if you're having a phone call with Tiff using your headphones, then potentially someone could be listening in by hacking the Bluetooth connection. But they're saying that it could all so exploit and hack into your device via the Bluetooth connection as well. I know, it's a bit of a worry, isn't it. This was an article that was on a website called Bleeping Computer, and they reported that basically speaker microphone hardwareby used by about twenty nine devices and potentially lots more. And we're talking all the big brands, you know, Bo's, Sony, Jabra, Marshall, JBL. All of those are using a consistent model. It makes sense, it's got to be compatible. So there's a thought that you know, this potentially could open up. I mean, I guess you've got to be in close proximity to somebody who's trying to hack you. But that's the thing. If you're walking through an airport. You know, if you happen to be in a public place, is there a protection against it? Well not yet that.
Speaker 3: It's violence and coercive control. Yep.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I hope they don't learn how to hack defibrillators and pacemakers because the crab could be in trouble. Y imagine if somebody could just like jump in and turn his heart rate up to one hundred and thirty, Like it's do you know what I mean? That's I reckon that's possible because it's all tracked. I mean, it's linked. Like if his heart rate goes into a weird rhythm, he gets a phone call like they know. Yeah, that's that's a little bit scary.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 1: Before we focus on the Crab's demise, which we probably shouldn't, I want to jump around a little bit, Patrick, because this is the intersection of my work and your work. So what happens to my brain when we'll come back to a few more, But what happens to my brain when I watch videos online at faster speeds than normal, which, by the way, Tiff does this constantly. Tiff never watches anything in real time. So what happens when I watch things at one point five or two.
Speaker 2: Well, the problem is recall. So what happens is linguistically, when you read something, your brain has to convert it into information that it can then take in, and that can only be done at a certain speeds. So if you're listening at a higher speed rate, whether it's an audiobook or watching a video. And the other thing is that lots of students do this. Students that are studying remotely, who don't go go to courses, they will watch a playback of a conference or a lecture in faster speed to get through it quicker. But you could be doing yourself a disservice because what it potentially means, and this is some research, up to eighty nine percent of students in California that were researched said that they did watch all of the replays on a faster speed eighty nine percent. So the problem is we hear something, we take it in, our brain listens to it, it absorbs the information and then effectively writes it to our mental hard drive. But when you speed it up, it's not able to do that process as effectively. So you may be doing yourself a disservice. You might save yourself half an hour, but you might need another half hour to do more research to remember the stuff that you didn't hear the first time.
Speaker 1: That makes that makes total sense.
Speaker 2: Its face looks like a prune now, like she's really scrunching it up.
Speaker 1: She's listened to a lot of shit but learned nothing.
Speaker 3: Whole This is my whole life, my whole life.
Speaker 1: Hey, listeners, Patrick sends me a list of what we're going to talk about, and just these dot points. Listen to this dot point and as if anyone in the world could have written this dot point except yours. Truly laser engraved ceramics storage device that stores data for five thousand years targets astounding one thousand peter bytes per rack by twenty thirty ten x performance boost at one hundred thousand peter bytes per rack. Also on surbates roadmap, What the fuck does that mean? What does that even mean? You don't read I don't even understand the what does that mean?
Speaker 2: Okay, So there's a new way, there's a startup in Germany.
Speaker 1: Okay, So why didn't you put that?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It might have been a copy and paste by the seventeen year old who works for me because I ran out of time. So they're using laser engraving onto ceramic and this and this is a revolution. This is a startup company in Germany. But we're talking about not like ten times. The performance and the storage is just out of sight. When you start talking about things like petabytes and the amount of storage. It's like all of the world's data stored on you know, a ceramic chip. It's just a new way of storing data but also being able to retrieve it really quickly and making it more secure and long lasting. Because do you remember when CDs came out and everyone was backing up everything onto CD. A friend of mine who you've met, my friends that live in Hampton, My mate Michael lived in the lived in worked in the film industry, and one of his colleagues had saved all of the They backed up everything onto CD and then they found out that CDs don't last and what happens. Data eventually got corrupted and they lost all of this information. So effective ways to store stuff, because there are still data centers. The hierarchy of data storage is if it's data that is instantly retrievable, stuff that you need to get access too quickly. Then they use you know, solid state drives so SSDs. Stuff that tends to be not used as much can sometimes be saved on traditional hard drives, and some of it are still used on tape drives, like the old you know, you remember tape drive. So if it's data that it's not as necessary, but he's still want to retain it. That means the retrieval can be a lot slow getting that data because it's stored in an old system. So the future of data storage and you don't need to know what peta bytes and all that sort of stuff are. But the reason, the reason this is so exciting that their laser engraving ceramics is that it will last for five thousand years.
Speaker 1: Better at night. All right, last one? If you can do the last one in.
Speaker 2: Two minutes, man, okay, two minutes, you can make a story sound even more boring.
Speaker 1: I'm giving you an opportunity to finish on a high. Right, you've been very good today. You just stumbled at the finish line. A phone that's not a phone to help you stop using your phone, I'm actually curious about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I included a picture for you, Crago. Can you describe the picture that you are seeing in the article, so that you could actually explain to people what you're seeing.
Speaker 1: Oh right, hang on, I've got a scroll because I'm looking at the cheap notes.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't actually look at the picture. I put that deliberately so you could see it.
Speaker 1: Are there we go? Right, Yeah, it just looks like a slab of glass the size of a phone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's exactly the shape. So it's a piece of acrylic. It's called a metha phone, and I don't know if that's a take on the word meth. I'm not sure. But it's supposed to help people who have phone addiction because what they find, Ah, people sit there holding their phone, and by replacing the normal phone with this just slab of effectively plastic that's in the shape of a phone, you can fiddle around with it but not have you know, not actually look at sms's and not be distracted by what's happening on a real phone. So it will help people who have phone addiction, of people who struggle because they're constantly looking at their phone. They found if you use a slab of plastic effectively in the same shape as a phone, that It can calm people down who get anxious because they feel they need to have their phone with them. So it takes care of that part of the brain that's kind of holding onto the phone, and it reassures them and they don't get the same sort of anxiety by not having their phone.
Speaker 1: You know, this reminds me. That makes sense by the way that tactile familiarity. But a friend of mine who gave up smoking, who was a big smoker, always had a pen in these fingers between his fingers where a cigarette would have been, and he would often put the pen up into his mouth as if he was taking a drag, and he knew what he was doing, and he's like, it makes me feel better, like having this pen between my fingers. It's like it was, yeah, therapeutic and medicating for him. So that makes complete sense. Patrick. Where can people join the Patrick Club?
Speaker 2: Oh, let's just go to websitesnow dot com today you if they want to find out what I do, have a chat talk about websites marketing and stuff like that. Or they can go to taichi at home if they just want to do some tai chi exercises with me. Has that well gidea up.
Speaker 1: Gidea up, Tiffany and cook look after your blood pressure, Go and get yourself a chocolate muffin. Patrick James Bonilla.
Speaker 2: What's the reading? Sorry, sorry, Craigo, I had to interrupt. What tiff what's your bloods of the.
Speaker 3: Level three point seven? I've got the red red low glucose sign coming up?
Speaker 1: It was Brain's ready to go offline?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it already is. It's already checked out.
Speaker 2: It's at the cookie shop, but waiting for me? Did she read my wallet? She hasn't spoken for the last twenty minutes, if you noticed that, Craigan.
Speaker 1: No, and she's just been dribbling on her keyboard like a fucking Golden Retriever waiting for lunch.
Speaker 2: Nice one, all right, thanks team,