Speaker 1: Is the Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: We're about to talk about public altercations, and for me they are the depth of misery because I don't like confrontation at the best of times. That a couple that with the idea that I very rarely have any idea what's going on.
Speaker 3: There's nothing for you to confront anyone about. People will be confronting you about how you're going about life.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 2: So if I am the subject of any sort of abuse, public abuse, I've done it unintentionally and.
Speaker 4: It's the depth of misery for me.
Speaker 2: You can imagine this, even just this story, I want to break out in hives. It happened on a plane, which is very close proximity. Everyone's rammed in together.
Speaker 5: People are always heightened on planes as well.
Speaker 4: I know. It's so easy to make someone cranky.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because there's already the sort of element of anxiety around flying. Yeah, so when you're then throw in any form of confrontational altercation, it gets blown up bigger than the shure you've.
Speaker 2: Just got to let things go. But this guy didn't sow. It was a plane on the tarmac, mechanical issues. Everyone was sitting down ready to go then oh god, don't you hate it? They say, Okay, guys, you've got to get off. You'll be back on, but you've got to get off. While we sought everything out, something happens so big that they sent a news guy to cover it.
Speaker 4: And this is what he had to say.
Speaker 6: The incident happened on a flight from here in Newark to Miami. The woman passenger says she found the phone charger after a mechanical issue forced all the passengers to deplane. Three hours later, everyone was allowed back on board, and that's when the dispute erupted.
Speaker 2: So you can imagine she's one of the last off. She sees a charger there and she goes, whook, that is a score, because there's nothing better than a free charger.
Speaker 3: And at the end of a flight, your phone's always nearly dead if there's not.
Speaker 5: A charge way.
Speaker 2: So she's pulled it out of the plug hole and headed off. Did whatever they did. Three hours they've come back on. Well, the original owner of the Apple high phone charger singles her out in front of everyone and says, this, excuse me.
Speaker 5: Did you chake my charger?
Speaker 6: Why would you take my charger?
Speaker 5: Because we got off the flight. Yeah, but my charge, that's my charger.
Speaker 4: Why would you take it?
Speaker 5: Why would you take it though? Without permissions?
Speaker 1: Nobody?
Speaker 5: Okay, can I have it back? I don't steal things.
Speaker 6: You can't take things, or do you just take things?
Speaker 5: Like we're not coming back? Why don't you take people's luggage?
Speaker 7: Then?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, so embarrassed.
Speaker 5: He was really living for it though, that dude.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, he was way too aggressive.
Speaker 3: I'm on her side because I bet when they were coming off the flight, I've seen headphones and stuff. They're always on the floor, like he's probably gotten off and knocked in landed on the floor.
Speaker 5: She's seen it, she's I've seen the video. She's a younger woman. She needed to charge her phone. She came back or not. I'm on her side now.
Speaker 2: She shouldn't have taken it because, as he said, body and tay people's luggage. Everything was left there on the plane. They haven't made everybody take their stuff.
Speaker 5: Nah.
Speaker 4: Look, she shouldn't have done it. But also he shouldn't have attacked her like that. How embarrassing.
Speaker 3: But maybe if she knew they were coming back on the plane, she was like, all right, whilst we're waiting in the lounge or.
Speaker 5: On the chairs. I'm going to charge my phone. If I'm that desperate to charge my.
Speaker 3: Phone, I will resort to stealing.
Speaker 4: But they're at an airport.
Speaker 5: Nothing, They're like to go two bucks at Tech to go. They ripped you off.
Speaker 4: But that is not her. This is beside the point. She shouldn't have taken it.
Speaker 2: But the public altercation is the most humiliating thing that any that can happen to anybody. The chrissy swe So we're talking about public altercations. Have you been the subject of one? Have you done something wrong? It's so awful when you do something wrong in public and somebody call on it.
Speaker 4: I hate it.
Speaker 5: When did you last have one?
Speaker 2: I was in a queue for an ice cream and there were people everywhere and I didn't know who was next, and then the woman look, the woman behind the counter said what would you like? And so I said, I'll have a coconut gelato and the woman next to me, at full voice, said I was next. Excuse me, no, yelled at me. I get agree and I said, okay, okay, that's fine, please, I'm happy to wait, and she goes.
Speaker 4: How does this queue even work?
Speaker 2: And she was getting mad at me and getting mad at the woman behind the counter, and I said, truly, it's fine. Oh wait, I don't know how it works either. I understand, so I'm trying to make it good.
Speaker 5: And did she like that?
Speaker 3: Did she like me trying to interact?
Speaker 2: It didn't matter because the woman behind the counter who works there, said, I decide who's next, And then she lopped my eyes on me and said did you say coconut? And I was then stuck and I went, yes, I did, And then the woman was just staring at me with daggers.
Speaker 3: It was awful when I see those sort of interactions happen. I always have this line that I would like to deliver to.
Speaker 4: Someone what is that?
Speaker 3: Because you know, if you go really calm when someone goes angry, it annoys them even more further. Yes, I'd love to turn to someone like that and go, would you like a valiant like I've always.
Speaker 4: That is so much?
Speaker 5: You like gallium?
Speaker 4: That is so good?
Speaker 5: Just to really, do you know that?
Speaker 2: It's very unusual for people to like in that situation with me in the ice cream, It's very unusual for a human being to go please you go first, That's fine? Apparently, that's a very unusual reaction. Most normal human beings.
Speaker 4: Will fight with fight.
Speaker 5: Oh no, I'm sorr.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but never forget the great Michelle Obama. When they go low, we go high correct and it drives people crazy.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four to ten. Have you had a public altercation or confrontation?
Speaker 5: Shelley?
Speaker 4: What happened?
Speaker 7: Well? I was traveling to New Zealand with my son and so we're pretty excited. We're upgraded to sort of like, you know, a bit of class. Yeah, anyway, first time. It was a lovely trip for him and I. Anyway, so everyone's boarding, We're in our seats and this guy comes on with this huge rat type sack thing and then he proceeds to take my bag out from the top of the luggage and move it and put his racks acting in there.
Speaker 4: Wait where did he put your bag?
Speaker 7: He moved it like three or four things down and I went, mate, what are you doing? And he goes, well, I'm putting my bag there, And I said, well, where are you sitting? He goes well down the back and I said.
Speaker 5: Well, off you go.
Speaker 7: So I proceeded to take his bag out and I walked it on down the back and put it down where he was, and then I grabbed my bag and put it back.
Speaker 3: The audacity to move your bag also Shelley fantastic response with off you go, I like that prize side vomitsa vouch for you show.
Speaker 4: High tiny, Oh good, what happened.
Speaker 8: Look, So I used to be a cop, but obviously I'm no longer one. But my confrontation is always of people who park in disabled spots. So the last one was I was walking to seven eleven and there was a disabled spot right at the front and a bloke just pulls up in his truck and gets out, and I go, mate, what are you doing? It's a disabled spot, and he goes, yeah, I'm just going to be thirty seconds. And I told him, I go, it doesn't matter if you're going to be thirty seconds. The point of a disabled spot is for someone to park there because they can't park anywhere else. And he goes, oh, well, I can't park anywhere else because the other spots are taken, and I go, but like, every bowser is empty, you can just park your truck there and walk in. So he's like giving me a look, and he's like okay, and he goes and like parks his truck. And then when I actually went in and like ended up coming out at the seven eleven, there was a bloke riding in on his disability scooter. So actually someone like you know was coming in and then and then he saw it, and then he saw me looking and he just had like the look on his face of like like you were right.
Speaker 2: You know how you must have felt so vindicated. It couldn't have gone better.
Speaker 3: Also, once a cop always always a glassline, phantasy voucher for you, Tony. Let's finish with Renee one iroonate.
Speaker 4: Did somebody get mad at you?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I took my son to a park and there was a jumping castle there and this lady you know, stumps up to me and waving her hands about and snapping hair fingers at me and F bombs here and f bombs there, and apparently my child was jumping too vigorously on the jumping castle.
Speaker 4: What were the words she said to you, Renee?
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think I can say it.
Speaker 4: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 2: I just want to put it out there, something very I mean, funny, slash untowards slash inappropriate happened on a Quantius flight from Sydney to Tokyo. A movie was played that was not really suitable viewing for all ages.
Speaker 4: If you were on that flight and you.
Speaker 2: Saw it, can you please give us a called thirteen twenty four ten In the meantime, let's talk about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: The film is called Daddy Oh. And you and I Jack have just watched the trailer. It looks amazing, It looks so good. It's got Dakota Johnson, who's never bad. She is so great in everything I've ever seen, and Sean Penn as well.
Speaker 4: They're the main actors.
Speaker 5: What a duo?
Speaker 4: What a duo?
Speaker 2: And the storyline is basically, he's a taxi driver. She gets in and they reveal, you know, all their personal details to each other.
Speaker 4: I think it feels like.
Speaker 2: A very sort of dialogue based movie, which I love. Yes, but there are some rude scenes in it.
Speaker 3: There are because Dakota's character is in the back seat texting a married man yes, and whilst she's texting him, you see the sort of exchange on screen in the film, and there's proper dirty talk.
Speaker 2: It is super confronting and I'm imagining families on this flight taking their kids to Tokyo Disneyland with no control over what they're watching. Everyone watched this film. Yeah, normally you can select this stuff.
Speaker 4: It was just on. That was it. You couldn't turn it off.
Speaker 3: I've never heard of this happening either where there's a witch where literally everyone has to watch the same film.
Speaker 2: So once again, thirteen twenty four ten, if you were on the flight, we would love to talk to you, because I don't understand how even that works. What Yeah, no, neither, but you've got no choice.
Speaker 3: Their flight attendants must have been properly wigging out because imagine the parents having a crack at them, being like Sheryl, my daughter, I cannot see this anymore. Yes, And the flight attendant's like, sorry, sorry, trying to.
Speaker 5: Turn it off and it won't turn off.
Speaker 4: You cannot turn it off once it started.
Speaker 5: I'm going to watch Daddy Oil now.
Speaker 2: It looks really I mean, daddy oh looks a bit. That sounds a bit ick. The trailer was gorgeous.
Speaker 5: Daddio already sounds a bit naughty. Name it sounds naughty, I.
Speaker 2: Agree, but it was very naughty. On the flip side, there would have been a lot of people on that flight. It was their first naughty thing that they saw.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's nothing quite like your first naughty film.
Speaker 4: And they will never forget it.
Speaker 5: I remember Dad putting on American Pie when I was like five or six.
Speaker 4: That's too young, remember, So what point, at what point did you go, hang on, this is this is rude? And I love it.
Speaker 3: I think it was band camp that film, and I think it involves a trumpet or a saxophone. Yeah, something, something goes on with an instrument. But we were laughing and like Dad was loosing fun.
Speaker 2: He didn't care, and did he He might have thought, oh, he's only five, he won't understand that, he won't know naughty.
Speaker 5: Well, that's his way of educating us one or the other.
Speaker 2: There is there is a strange thrill at finding or being involved in your first rude thing.
Speaker 5: Do you remember yours like what you saw?
Speaker 4: Or do I reckon?
Speaker 2: My first rude thing was a rude magazine that I found at my grandmother's of all places, in BRISI yeah, and it wasn't hers, but my cousin was living there, like you know, long term, and he was a young man and I was in the spare bedroom which used to be his room.
Speaker 4: La la lah. Anyway, there was a dirty magazine that I found. I must have been looking.
Speaker 5: For it too, yeah, because it was it.
Speaker 4: Was in between Oh no, No, I didn't look for it.
Speaker 2: I was sleeping on the floor and so I was on eye level of in between the mattress and the base. Yeah, And I was like, oh, what's what's that? And I snuck my hand in and pulled it out and it was.
Speaker 4: Like a German booklet. Oh man, the Germans woo.
Speaker 2: Anyway, it wasn't even like a full size magazine. It was like a booklet.
Speaker 4: And I could not believe my eyes. It was so thrilling.
Speaker 5: Did you tell anyone or tell your grandma?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I put it back so that I knew exactly where it was next time I wanted. The Chrissy Swim Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head to Novopod cas Dock Coms.
Speaker 4: Are You