Speaker 1: This podcast was recorded and produced on gadigle Land. We would like to acknowledge the traditional custodians and pay our respect to Elder's past and present. Ladies and gentlemen, Can I please have your attention? This is my final maths related interview.
Speaker 2: Are they talking about me?
Speaker 1: She's like yeah, it was Australia's reactions because a lot of drama and they never got it. It just went nuts. Hello and welcome back to back to reality. I'm Selena and I'm Tany and this week we have a very exciting guests. He knows maths more than anyone on this planet. So today on the show we have Ali Daha. He is a showbiz reporter, a pap and have everything, bit of a jolt threat and he is going to come and give us all the maps TI give us inside into everything. Really rethink yep, because he knows the ins and outs, who's still together, who's after the clout? He knows everything. He knows everything. And what is your first time meeting Ali? Like, I feel like everyone has a story that tell me, tell me about it. I remember because like we shot during COVID time and everyone was leaked, but we still had to wear our masks back then. So we'd be walking down the city on George Street and like Alie would run out of whatever little nook that he was going because he's good, and he would be like snap, snapstapstap snap. And I think when you're filming masks, you don't really get to see what the limelight's like. But when Arlie comes out of his little hole start snapping you, You're like, oh my god, this is feels like, you know, some kind of attention have media on you. I remember so one time we were like, because Arlie waits right, he waits all day and night. He's down there. He's down there. We shot like I think both of us shot sky Sweets in the city and he's downstairs waiting for one of us to walk out and be like snapstap snap. And one time Cody and I were like in our balcony and we were like, is he down there? We can't see him. And then we'll like, imagine if we pop this champagne bottle and pop the cork down there, you imagine if he runs out, like surely he will come out right, And we're like, nah, it's like it's so we're up really high on the eighth ninth floor, and we shook it and we popped it and it went down and he ran like you could see Ali, just like running out of whatever he was in and he got the little cork bottle. No. Yeah, we've got so much trouble. Like the moment that happened, one of the producers came storming in and she's like, what's going on. Get out of that baggating. You're not meant to do that. That's so dangerous. Someone could have been hit in the eye. It's so crazy because when you get into the experiment, what you're told is like you're not allowed to speak to him. You're not allowed to speak to any press, any media, do not engage, like you have to ignore him. Yeah, And it feels so mean because at first you're like, oh, and you're similar to me. We didn't want to break the rules, so I was like, oh, I don't want to do anything wrong. And then like slowly, I think he builds trust with you, and you're like, oh, it's not that bad.
Speaker 3: It's harmless. But that's what happens, Like the production gets into your head and they villainize him.
Speaker 1: They make him like he's the worst thing. He's actually he's been there for us for a lot of stuff. He's actually such a good friend. Yeah, through all the seasons. Right, he's been doing it for how long we have to ask him? We have so many questions, so many questions for him. But I am so excited to pick his brain about every everything. He's like always partying with them as well. He's parted with us, but he's seen us at our absolute best ad. Also, before we get into the chat with Ali, we have created our own fact reality broadcast channel. You can find it on my Instagram account and it's just gonna be a little fun place. We're gonna build a community. You can ask us questions. We're gonna drop in some behind the scenes stuff in there, and yeah, you can have a little chat with us.
Speaker 3: Because I don't know about you, but whenever I watch this, like the show, I'm like, oh my god, does anyone else se Yeah, yeah, it's a good place to just chat exactly.
Speaker 1: Welcome mister Ali Daha, Hello, Hello, very excited to have you on. I felt like you were the best person to have on just to get us straight into the goss, get us we needed, we need everything, So thank you for coming on. Hi, Toney, Hi, This is so crazy because we're used to you interviewing us.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know. I think that's why I'm a bit nervous.
Speaker 1: Don't be nervous. Now you're in the hot seat. How's it feel?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm scaredled. You don't want to give you guys everything?
Speaker 1: No, I love it. I love it exclusive.
Speaker 3: How many seasons do you think you've covered with masks?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So I think this is my fourth year on the show, covering it like out chasing. I think my first season was Rice, season was Great season, season nine, nine, ten, eleven, twelve, four seasons of mass.
Speaker 1: Wow, can you tell us what season is your favorite? So far?
Speaker 2: Every year I feel like, oh this is my favorite cast? Is my favorite cast? I'm like, this year is pretty fucked. Yeah, I'm not gonna lie. Even during filming, this year's cast just surprised me. How so they're just so vgue, Like week two out of the pub with them all, they invited me and it was just like, you know, I do that, you're not allowed to do it. But the funny thing is they got caught, so like, yeah, so you know what happens when they get caught, is locked down to lock down and goes to the person that dubbed us all in was Adrian what because he wanted to be like the producers sack up and was like, okay, I'll get everybody else in trouble with.
Speaker 1: It. No, why is this specifically when? Because I watched the commitment ceremony and I was very confused with how Sierra and Adrian were able to have this like connection, chat, cheating, whatever they're trying to set up, because obviously we didn't see that, but I'm assuming it happened off camera. It's giving that it was done when the rules are broken.
Speaker 2: Well, they do mention the UFC like really okay, And that was the first night they started spending time together. Oh like funny enough, Sierra included, we were all back at Adrian's house that night, so like Sierra went back to Agrian's house just like that night. Wow, like my department, actual househouse.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's hold up for one moment. Let's rewind. There's so much a talk about this season, but before we get into that, we have so many questions about mass as a whole, because you have so much tea to give us. But I want to know overall? Yes, right, who's your least favorite past member of all time with masks?
Speaker 2: And why some people I've got blocked and I'll be happy never to see them again.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'd love to see a.
Speaker 2: List is so random I can imagine. I mean, I'm probably on some of some people's block lists. Like Martha's still got me blocked. Even though she apologized to me fashion Week and we clean the beef, he still blocked. I'm still blocked.
Speaker 1: But any of the guys that you dislike, who's been the most like difficult?
Speaker 2: Oh, there's a lot of difficult people. Ryan Gallagher, I've got him blocked close I was. I was cool with him and then he just he wanted money for a story, a story he didn't like, and he just started taking it all out of me. I'm like, I didn't even write this story. Why are you coming after me? And I just went, yeah, no, thanks, that's interesting. So that's probably someone I wouldn't mind not seeing again.
Speaker 1: And who do you think, from your opinion you thought got like a bad edit and was good or a good edit and was bad. Who do you think has been like the most out of all the seasons that you've watched, you were like, that's not really an accurate representation of how you know that person to be.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Question. It's like some people have a bad edit and then their true colors come out. It's I mean, Harrison got to edit a bad edit. I just think they showed everything, but if they showed both sides, it wouldn't be as bad. But then he's come out and like you've had your beef with Aris, and I'm like, Okay, maybe he does deserve the edit.
Speaker 1: I think Harrison is very much like a bit of a troller. Yeah, he's like I think he's like same category as NASA.
Speaker 2: If not worse.
Speaker 1: God do you reckon? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I think he likes to provoke, and I think he likes to I don't think he even means the stuff he says sometimes, absolutely like he just provokes people and just loves that. He's just sitting there like twiddling his fingers because he loves it, which I think is quite sad. But if it makes you happy, makes you sleep better at night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I think NASA just gets jealous because.
Speaker 1: NASA has me block does.
Speaker 2: He he blocks me?
Speaker 1: I don't know why. I think we have each other block. He said something about me and I was gonna front him, and then I saw I was blocked. I was like, okay, so you're gonna talk shit, but you don't want to face.
Speaker 2: Music, And how do you feel about that?
Speaker 1: I don't care. Like I've seen him in public and he just like scurries away.
Speaker 2: So you know what's funny is like Nasa always have has been, but it's mainly Bride. He gets jealous of all the attentions the Bride. I'm like, Nasa, you're not the girl, You're not that sorry, but it does happen. I actually completely forgot about NASA.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I put them in the same category.
Speaker 2: Like this season, I think, yeah, who do you.
Speaker 1: Think is looking bad? That isn't deserving of it? So far? It's hard. It's only like two three weeks in.
Speaker 2: I don't think anyone's looking bad. I think we're seeing like an accurate, an accurate portrayal of what happened, Like Jackie and Ryan, like I said that previously, they were like wild. Nobody knew what was going to happen with Jackie and Ryan, like every day was different. They were just isolated, just doing their own thing. They won't hanging out with the rest of the car, So what does that say about Yeah them, like it was pretty wild.
Speaker 1: That's interesting. I get them too, as in like they were the real deal, like they were focusing just on their relationship.
Speaker 2: No, they were fighting one day, they were fighting one day, They're telling everyone how strong they are. Yes, and then Jackie was out like saying stuff about Ryan behind his back, and then it just like there's just so much beef. Interesting and Ryan was caught sliding in other bride's dms that hasn't come out yet.
Speaker 1: Way as in other brides on this season, or yeah, just.
Speaker 2: To be friends, and then Jackie found out, and then there was I can't name them.
Speaker 1: What are they have? Are their intruder or they a O G bride? I didn't even know who did they bride entertain it.
Speaker 2: I think he just wanted to be friends or I don't know what happened, but Jackie found out. She was not happy when she found out.
Speaker 1: That's fair. I feel like Athena would be his type. If I would to take a gat, I reckon his type would be like a Sierra Vibe do you reckon, Yeah, yes, someone that he's someone his type is someone he wouldn't be able to get. That's survivor I get from him. Well, that's say you can get it. He wouldnt obviously get a finger either of that, like yeah, I feel like he'd go for someone very like yeah, that's why I get said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, right, but one of you guys are right, I know.
Speaker 1: But oh one of all. Seriously, I am off Ryan because I just was. I think he his true colors really showed when he made that like inappropriate comment about Jackie, and I just think he is only apologizing now because he's been called out for it. I think that is just like what he would be like. And also part of me feels like the boys in any other scenario wouldn't speak up, and they're only speaking up because they know how it looks good.
Speaker 2: I agree, yeah this season, do you.
Speaker 1: Know what I mean? Like, if this happened in our season, things were said about women, none of them, none of the boys spoke up, and it became an issue and I felt like and a lot of it was behind closed doors and no cameras there. But I feel conveniently, since the cameras were there, now they're like, oh, I need to look like a good guy, then the women when I just think they wouldn't in any other circumstance on that.
Speaker 2: Why did it take the boys three days to come out and speak out? Like Ryan said that comment during Alessandra's workshop, but everyone stayed quiet.
Speaker 1: I reckon producers were like, oh, man, do you like do you think that comment's okay? How would you feel if you're like someone spoke about your wife like that? It was obviously probed because even like the reaction, okay, yeah, they were shocked, but no one said anything at the time because I feel like if I was there to be like, dude, what the fuck is that about?
Speaker 2: Do you know it's weird? Alexander didn't say anything either.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: There's a lot going on there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I feel like Ryan's giving party boy, because we've seen a video of you partying with them. Yes, yeah, had this wild party and I correct me if I'm wrong. Was that here my full fist pumping in the background of this video.
Speaker 2: There's a few partying videos of Ryan. There was a video of him at a festival the other day and on the bus. I think, were you there to throw but not to throw? Ryan? And I think all of the boys this year are party boys. Really, all of them.
Speaker 1: Can I tell you who my favorite groom?
Speaker 2: Yes, Billy, We love Billy.
Speaker 1: I like Billy and Dave.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I love Billy, Dave.
Speaker 1: I don't know about Dave.
Speaker 2: Jeff is like an underdog two though.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I like je Jeff gives reminds me of Layton. Yeah yeah last season. Yeah, just something about him.
Speaker 2: I thought that originally is very similar. Yeah, nice guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Es. I still don't buy their relationship though. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're probably one of the strongest couples. To be honest, they're like, really.
Speaker 1: I see that. I see them being a strong couple. Yeah, it's just very I don't know. I don't know how I feel about the cast this year. It's really hard to connect with the and feel like I think because it's been so chaotic and then just seeing all the rogue stuff, it's been really hard to like connect to the storylines. And I think I get disappointed because it ruins it for the viewers when things get leaked. And I love a little bit of a spoiler, but I think when it's just like too much, it can ruin things. But yeah, I agree, I agree.
Speaker 3: Just the feedback that I got overall from people that have said that they're watching it's really hard to connect even with their backstories.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they're just finding.
Speaker 3: You know, and you have to they have to cast their net very wide, sure when they're casting for brides and grooms, but I feel like some of the stories are really out there and just like, yeah, it's so hard to relate, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it seems to be like me looking at it, it looks like it's all for show. There's not. Yeah, it's not authentic anymore.
Speaker 1: It's hard, like it's you want to feel that when you watch it. And I know, obviously the purpose of the show is to find love, and I feel like it's more skewed towards the drama now, which I also get because that's why we love watching it, and I feel like that's why we love watching reality TV in general exactly. But it's it's hard to see what the and this is the same thing we see every year, like what the intentions are of the brides and grooms and what they're going to the show for people chasing whatever it is. And I think we were having this conversation how there's a lot of them this year that are actors and actresses, which I find quite interesting because I think Reality TV already gets a bad rap of it being scripted, of it being acting, and then we literally have like majority of the cast the actors shows correct or have dated before. Yes, you know that's what's like alarming. Diceee, what is your thoughts on this cast and is there anyone that you think is in there for I'm not gonna say the wrong reasons because I feel like that is an annoying thing when people say that but for clout and it's not for the overarching love reason.
Speaker 2: I think every single cast member this year is on the show for clout.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, some people say they want love, but from my experience with them doing what I do, I think they're all part of them is loving the cloud they're getting right now.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's a fair statement considering we're seeing all this like the cast trying to get on top of the narrative and get on top of everything before it's played out. And I think it kind of it's like, okay, just like, let's just see it out and then you will have a chance to defend yourself eventually, but let's just see what happens, how it plays out. You know what I find interesting though, and how I can pick it is like the ones that are really going all out with their reels, their TikTok. So, we weren't doing any of that on our season. It was allowed. Do you want to to have your phone? I know.
Speaker 3: So it's just interesting they're all doing fit checks. It's like, oh, thank you for collaborating with me already.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know what that annoys me is the collaboration, like the hair and makeup, the dresses, because if you were on your own, yeah, we had for our own hair and makeup.
Speaker 3: You know, we weren't gifted our fears. Well, we weren't on our season.
Speaker 1: And I just find it finding that when you look at all the brides and grooms, even the guys are doing fit checks.
Speaker 2: Dave.
Speaker 1: Dave posted up a fit check the other night and I was like, oh, dude, like I get it, but I'm like, it's giving. You want to be an influencer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I think they've seen how you like. Everyone wants that TikTok cloud. Everyone knows you can get a lot of followers doing that. Like, yes, your seasons both sucked.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because.
Speaker 2: You were so scared of it, like you were too scared to eat film content, like your seasoned sort of saying film it all.
Speaker 3: Like say just quickly, like it's not even that we weren't allowed to, Like we were so focused on ourselves and the I guess the drama we were going going through through. Yeah, between us and like my person with Cody, there was no way you could get Cody and I to do a fit check.
Speaker 1: Sorry, there's no way. Do you know what I mean? Could you imagine? I know?
Speaker 2: But if you're doing that now, I feel like, sure, you know what you're going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm saying. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: What's that going to say? It's the next year's cast, Like everyone's going to be doing that now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like a different formula now. But even like if you notice the places they're getting dressed froms and the type of people they're working with, it's people that we work with. So they've obviously researched previous seasons and they've gone and reached out, which is like respect, but it's just how it is, like they've gone and seen what we've done, and you're obviously it's like you walked so I could run, so they could sprint, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And like people going rogue in the past, Yeah, it's the same thing. You can't stop it now. I think like Channel nine has created this months so that they can't control.
Speaker 1: What do you think Channel nine could do to prevent the chaos that it is now or the just to kind of preserve the storyline and the actual show. What do you think they could do to fix that? Because it just seems like it's out of control.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's too late for this season, but for next year. What Wanner Brothers do for The Bachelor is actually they've got this clause which they it's like a five thousand dollars bonus that they offer the cart on the like, but they can't go rogue. So that means no paparazzi photos, no doing any interviews, even like talking to any media. It's as insiders, none of that.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's a genius.
Speaker 2: You follow every single one of these rules. It literally says no paparazzi, no, none of that, and you get five thousand dollars at the end. And I actually think that some of the cast would follow.
Speaker 1: The rules five k and don't they withhold your blue tick as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you get no blue tick, but now you can just pay for it. But it's not the same as it.
Speaker 1: It's not the same.
Speaker 2: So back in the day for Bachelor Days, that blue tick was everything for sure, So that might be the reason they even went on the show, so that blue tick meant everything, so they would follow the rules. But then some people would be like, I can get more clout by going rogue and making more money.
Speaker 1: But I don't know if it's I don't think I don't think that's possible either. I mean, you know that there's the whole thing of like staging pap shots and like being paid for it. Have you because we've never been paid for any photos that we've done, and we were having a chat about it before. With anything pap related, there's only been like two times that I've been sprung and I didn't know that they were there every other time, like you've known or there's been an event or like my partner had told you that it was like set up right. Yeah, what has been your experience with the more side of things that people try and make money off of. People come to be like pay me for X y Z what's that been like.
Speaker 2: Well, to be honest, I've changed my approach this year. Okay, I'm not paying you guys as sent for paparazzi photos. I'm giving you free publicity, good publicity. It's either you take it or that you don't. We're not paying like you'd a bloody walk out of a restaurant.
Speaker 1: So who has been paid the most for paparazzi shots?
Speaker 2: I think back in the day that like reality stars could bank a lot of money, like people getting paid tens of thousands of dollars, like your Martha days, Jessica Power, all that bunch. We're getting a lot of money. But these days, like unless you're going to cause scandal and drama, which like like he can't be bothered with, Yeah, it's not worth it, like because you're just going to tarnish your name by doing that. Yeah, Like I think domb Ella season was probably the last where they like, yeah, they did make a lot of money by staging photos like el I had a fun time at the beach with brent On Valentine.
Speaker 1: I remember those. Oh my god, how did I forget about that? That was taking It wasn't me.
Speaker 2: They that would like one of the pap agencies and stuff, and.
Speaker 1: They don't even know there's pap agencies.
Speaker 2: Like these days people have ours like they've already tried to cash in, like partners trying to cash in all of that.
Speaker 1: I just feel like do people really care? Like do people care what we're doing like that? I don't know. Maybe we're just more like I guess the dollar amount for the person different. How much are we're talking.
Speaker 2: Here for Well, they used to get a lot now it's probably not worth as much, to be honest, like.
Speaker 1: How much Ela and Dom I mean, Ella and Brent would have got that.
Speaker 2: A couple of grand I think. But the thing is you're like licensing, Yeah, okay, cool, but like you could make money, it'd be a couple of hundred, like a few brand all up. But is it really worth it?
Speaker 1: It just seems like a bit cringe. Like I remember any time would happened when you take photos, I'd be like, I hate this so much.
Speaker 2: And you can but a stage pap set from a mal awage like yeah, don't.
Speaker 3: Just know, ye convenient The hair and makeup's a like perfect and you're just strolling out with their dog conveniently, Like it's so set up.
Speaker 1: The other ones that you know, like a bit.
Speaker 2: I just think even the stage pap photos aren't what they used to be anymore. So I'm like, I don't know, I.
Speaker 1: Know, like the ones of Jackie last week at the beach.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's okay, she did definitely photos. Yeah, I got their heads up. Okay, what was I doing that day? I actually needed to be somewhere and I'm like, I'm gonna go. I gotta go. And then it was where we go one of the beaches, Yeah, and went took the photos and left like thank you.
Speaker 1: Funny.
Speaker 3: So people just say, hey, lady, to be here. I'm going to be here, and you just rock up.
Speaker 2: Well, pretty much the whole season was like that. This year, it was like I just was so tired. I was just like, let me know when you're all going to go out and how come like, because I'm there waiting every day all week. I'm like, but we all know the weekends at the time where everyone gets time off and they all go rogue. So I'm just like waiting for that moment. I'm just like, let me know where you're gonna go, and I'll be there. And there was times where I would go out with the maps cast, like this season, and we'd run into producers. They'd be like, what are you doing? What are you doing? I'm reporting you to the higher ups. And then one time then they didn't care. They'd be like, oh, I like Ali, I'm friends with him, like and it just they just this year's season just did not care, which is shows how rugue they are. That's why I'm like, if there's that rogue during filming, it just says something about the cast and the intentions.
Speaker 1: I think that they go into it weird. Definitely, who is the main ringleader of these parties?
Speaker 2: He won't care that I'm throwing him under the bus. But it was Billy at the start. Billy Billy and very close with the Veena, so she was just be like f yr. She didn't care about being pa. She'd be like, come hang out with us, yes, which was really cute, like like Ali, actually, don't bring a camerag just coming out, And I think that was what was different. Also with this cast. It wasn't so much come TAKEO, just come have bees with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but then Billy leaves, So Billy actually leaves like spoiler alert, stop, Well.
Speaker 1: We can assume like this cheating whatever, maybe that causes the riff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and does so.
Speaker 1: Then when he Billy's on the market, babe waiting for you.
Speaker 2: But when that happens, the whole dynamic change. So then I felt like, who is going to call me now? Okay? And then like a week or so it took because the whole group dynamic of the show this year is going to change. Okay, back, the friendships are going to change when Billy leaves and you're going to see new friendships.
Speaker 1: So do you think now with Intruder's week being this week, that is then causing chaos because we've seen Elliott is coming back, which horrific, and Lauren is coming.
Speaker 3: Back, who were originally matched together. Yes, and now it appears that coming back and getting rematched with which I.
Speaker 1: Think is bullshit. That's so not fair, not fair, Like none of us got to if anyone, like we will like bring back Katie. Yeah, like, okay, I understand it would have been unfair to bring back Elliott and then not Lauren or Vice versa. Get that, but also I also get the fact that they were great characters, like it was good TV. I hate to fight. Yeah, I don't think it's fair.
Speaker 2: It's not fair. But imagine they brought Katie back and then they stitch her up again, Like, how can they guarantee to Katie that they've found somebody that isn't going to bloody make it feel like crap? Yeah, they can't. They can't guarantee that.
Speaker 3: Well, I heard that the new bride that Elliott is going to be matched with is lovely, but apparently the moment that they stopped filming and the crew leave, he like completely ignores this poor girl. And then when they come back in, he's all nice again, and she's obviously foul because she's like, you've just ignored me for four hours.
Speaker 1: It's fake.
Speaker 2: I don't know what you heard that, but sure, okay, they were just like.
Speaker 1: Well I read an article that I don't know if you wrote it, but saying she's like this awful bride and like trauma.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 1: Did you write that?
Speaker 2: Actually?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, because she's.
Speaker 1: An actress as well.
Speaker 2: Remember, Elliott had his long list of non negotiable craps yea, so producers decided to stitch him up and give him that list. And is she going to be the perfect person?
Speaker 1: Probably not because he's the issue.
Speaker 2: But you know what, Elliott's going to come back and get a redemption. Maybe this time she's going to be the problem. I'm saying she is. I don't know, but that's just my understanding of it. Okay, we haven't heard her side yet. Yeah, we're keen to see, like what that's my thing this year. Also, I'm gonna always listen to both. I'm never just going to listen to the first person that comes to me to complain about that. Absolutely I had I've done that in the past and then it's never been wrong.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And then we've also seen Lauren is matched up with Clint. But I read a spoiler this morning that Clint is now with Jackie Jackie yea, what is going on? That's pissed me off. First of all, because we haven't even seen the wedding and now we know it's ruined. Can you do you have any inside goss on that?
Speaker 2: Can? I say it pissed me off to be honest, because obviously there I'm on set, so I'm getting all these photos of Clint with Lauren going out doing all these thin, cool things together. Now all my photos blake up. It's like they don't make sense. So and now I know how frustrated the producers would because they've got all this great story yeah and bluddy Clint and Lauren, and they're going to keep people on the edge of their seat. They're going to be great together. And now this relationships come out with people putting it out there like I'm part of the problem.
Speaker 1: This play out on screen, we see this relationship, Yes we will.
Speaker 2: So they actually started talking just before final vows, texting okay, and then they don't actually walk into the reunion together, but their relationship is exposed at the reunion. Wow, from what I've told, Like obviously I was not inside, but this is just.
Speaker 1: The swapping of the partners is crazy.
Speaker 2: Like this is my thing. Everybody wants that Duncan and Evelyn finished, and they think they're going to get that.
Speaker 3: But Cam and Jewels, hey, yeah, probably.
Speaker 2: Better, but like no, but like I mean, the partner swap, so everyone thinks everyone and Duncan done so well. Right, let's look at the facts. Maths have never made a partner swap ever, look good.
Speaker 1: No, Yeah, it's a very interesting dynamic that I feel like, I just don't know if that's a healthier way to look at it, like, oh, if my actual couple doesn't work out, there might be someone else there and I almost be able to be the next Duncan anevolent yeah, which is yeah, I'm not sure about that.
Speaker 2: Or they might be the next John and Ellie and get slammed by everybody, the next Carolina and Daniel, like that didn't end well for them? Yeah who else? Yeah, never never ends well?
Speaker 1: No ever. I think it's disappointing because it happened so early on and we didn't even get to see their wedding. So it's also taking the moment away from Lauren, which I like. Now it's like she's been messed around two times now and then she gets this potential redemption for it to be taken away from her by Jackie, Like like do you need to be posting that on socials, babe, Like it's really not. It's collaborating with the Maths Gossips page, like it's Maths unsensored mass gossip. But like what yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: So on that it was like Jackie who sort of tease that she has a new relationship, so if she's not going out rogue none of this. I think we could have held the story for sure another two three weeks. It was always going to come out, but her going so rogue sort of accelerate. He accelerated it, and it's like it does suck because Clint's also coming on. He was like in the backseat. He's not driving the car.
Speaker 1: He hasn't even had yet.
Speaker 2: But yeah, it's like you just can't control it anymore.
Speaker 1: I don't know he's.
Speaker 3: Gonna apply for something like mass Regardless of what happens in the end, you have a responsibility to like just keep the magic of the show, Like why spoil it for everyone?
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean? It's not like it airs for a whole year, and the turnaround is not that unreasonable. You actually finished filming in November December. It airs in January, exact. It's not that long to just like keep it together. You know.
Speaker 2: It's a different breed though, Like this, it's like I don't like my edit, and they're there on Instagram like.
Speaker 1: We barely see the edit, babes, like let's watch it first.
Speaker 2: But literally they're live streaming complaining about how unhappy they are. It's like, give us a chance to but do you know what I think? Is actually worse. I think people coming out and being so salty and bitter about the edit is actually making people not like them more. It's actually not doing the many favors.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that they are so wild this year? Like, why do you think they're going.
Speaker 2: So rogue being the cloud chasers that they are. I just feel like I think everyone's had enough with the trolling. Yeah, but then if they don't have all these random accounts, they wouldn't be seeing the comments.
Speaker 1: It's exactly And I also, if I want to take a step back and looking at this realistically, if they were smart, let's put the cloud chasing hat on. If they are smart about this, they would wait for this to play out. They've got four months of their three four months of airtime depending on how long you're on the show for. Then hit them after wait for your moments so you have all this airtime you're building the following whatever, and then you can come out in the right appropriate setting with your story to tell or sell the story. I don't know, like they're just not being smart about it. Even if the clout was a number one priority, they've they've shot themselves in the foot because now no one cares, babe, like I don't actually care anymore. Like you've said it on a million different podcasts. You've set it on your stories, like who do you think is gonna listen anymore? And you're just like banging on about it, banging on about it. It's not and that's banging on the most Morena, what's your thoughts on her?
Speaker 2: I heard about Morena's dilemma back in October. Okay, so what do you hear all of it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: I do think there's a lot we haven't seen with Morena, okay.
Speaker 1: Which I think is fair. Like were editing, I can see.
Speaker 2: That whether Tony came out and said he was a married man or yes he's married, he hasn't finalized his paperwork.
Speaker 1: But that's common. We had. We had people on our season that that's not like, I don't think that that's the end of the world.
Speaker 3: No, but apparently he's still in love with her and that was her problem. He kept making comments like bring my ex wife or sorry wife back.
Speaker 2: I've heard that story. A few cast members have come out and said that happened, but I've also been told from very good sources that that didn't happen. Okay, and if that did happen, it would have made great TV and they would have used it like they Yeah, so I've said, like we just don't know, like what's.
Speaker 1: His what's his wife's name by the way, because you know how he called her by a different name. Is Marianna or something?
Speaker 2: Morena made it very clear, like at the start I was saying it wrong, I'm probably not saying it more yeah, exactly how she likes it right now. But she made it very clear. So anyone, anytime somebody said a name, she was correct.
Speaker 1: It's fair enough. It's that's fair get Yeah. But when people call me Selean, I'm like, no, that's a whole different name. That's not even a short cut of mine.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No.
Speaker 2: But like I understand why she's frustrated. She feels set up, she feels like she wasted a time. I mean I was there trying to telling her to stay on, so I wasn't helping the situation. Yeah, And she's come out and said that I was probably one of her only friends or support systems she had during the show, which is kind of sad to hear.
Speaker 1: But yeah, when you're coming to a new city that you are not from you don't have any friends, like I believe, like he's from like Wollongong with something, so he can just easily go home on the weekends. I felt lucky because I could go home, I could see my friends, but like my partner was from the other side of the country, so it was different when you didn't have people to lean on. Yeah, and I think it makes the experience a lot harder. So I think that's like fair. Yeah, and I can understand why she'd be upset when he's going and doing that stuff and she's stuck in a hotel room essentially with no one, and you're not meant to hang out with the rest of the cast anyway, so you're literally alone. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's what happened with Marna. Like week two, she was like on the weekend, she was saying that she's never been a bondeau before. She said, she's never been in this before. So I said, do you want to go to Bondaire?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And then I drove her. She was the first person to get into my card.
Speaker 1: And then Alie's car is a whole thing number plate is we because he loves Harry Potter as we do too, as we do too.
Speaker 2: But then, yeah, she was the first person to get in my car. Took her out because Tony would go home on the weekend Subollongong and he would never invite her. And then like he just said he wanted a break from her, which I understand. Yeah, but like she was very hurt by it because he ended up taking the rest of the cast there. Yeah, never his bride. So oh that's yeah, Like so she felt isolated, isolated and alone, which was kind of sad. So I did have a tough spot for her. Yeah, of course, yes, she gave me a headache, but I did feel sorry for her.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, that's fair.
Speaker 2: I get why she was upset.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and knowing what you know, do you believe in the villain edit?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so, But I think everyone deserves the edit they get like really, Yeah, I think I do, because if you don't like, if you treat producers really nicely, you treat all the like crow really nicely, you treat everybody, They're not gonna make you look like a bad person.
Speaker 1: I think my view on this whole bad edit villain edit is that I believe that it's what's not shown. Yeah, what is shown because I think that's where if one side of something shown, someone can look extremely worse than what we had experienced it to be. And that's what it can be because other person might have been just as bad but it wasn't shown.
Speaker 2: And then you're like, oh, that's what literally Miranda's argument, it's not she doesn't care how she was betrayed. She wants the other side of the truth shown. Yeah, And when I spoke to Jake and he went rogue, it was like, why didn't they show that? I wasn't interested in Ashley from the start, Like it wasn't. He just was more upset that. They'm like, well, you actually got a really good at it, like why are you complaining? And same as Marina, I'm like, wellhy are you complaining?
Speaker 1: Ed?
Speaker 2: It's actually really nice and then she's like, well they haven't joined this, this this.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you have this like sense of no control, and I think that's what you have to really give away. I think that's what you have to really give away going into this experience, because you have it's not in your hands exactly. I think that's what they're trying to take back. They're trying to like play out the narrative by going on these rogue whatever and it just doesn't really come out maybe in the way that they're hoping. What do you think do you.
Speaker 2: Think people going rogue influences the public because.
Speaker 1: I actually, well I from my season when I the big thing we saw was Dan going rogue, and it ruined the whole storyline for Sandy and it really took away Sandy's experience, which I felt like was a story that needed to be told. He was like edited out of the rest of the season was he not so edit him out completely? And he literally ruined that on the wedding literally it's just similar to what Jackie and Clint are doing on the wed before. It was literally the day of the wedding airing, he had the pap shots with that other chick and you took those shots and it ruined it and then it made him look bad, whereas I think his edit wasn't It wasn't bad until it was really bad. He looked great and then he looked terrible. But I think that was also part of him doing all that messy stuff. In the media. They can go back and re edit that, and they did because they got he got edited out and I feel like they don't think that that can happen. Maybe I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think there's a debate whether it happens or not, like we'll never know the answer, I think, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but just look at where is he now? Where is Dan? Do you really work for your babe? That's what I mean. Can't other people see that and be like, I shouldn't do that because I'll end up like this.
Speaker 2: I encourage people not to go rogue because I'm like, you're not going to do yourself any favors. Yeah, like, yes, I love the chaos.
Speaker 1: Of course, it's.
Speaker 2: I actually feel like I want the best for them. I want them to make the most of this once in a lifetime experience. Yeah, absolutely, Yeah, it cuts it very short.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know who I never see you write stories about.
Speaker 2: I'm scared, Yes, the experts about them all the time. I really like the experts.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they're always positive, Like what's their actual Yeah?
Speaker 2: Probably too scared after.
Speaker 1: Them the Golden I.
Speaker 2: Love trolling Bloody John when he falls asleep on the couch.
Speaker 3: So for the listeners, the commitment ceremonies are really long. Okay, we get like an hour each per couple and when there's like.
Speaker 1: A twelve past twelve hours.
Speaker 3: Guys literally and then there's like little takes in between what we have to go film, like you know, our opinions on things. So it's it's a long night last you are so hungover from the dinner party the night before, Hell and John, Alessandra and Melissa have to sit there and watch the whole dinner party, so they're just as tired as us, and John takes naps in between.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I thought I thought it was, Oh that's funny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I wish we called, but we'll get yelled at. We do get nudged. But I would when we'd be in the tents, which for the people that don't know, when you go into the filming location, you are put in these like zebra tens, separated in your couple or individual if you have beef with your couple at the time. I would literally sleep on the floor and have an app yeah, in the little on the dirt like on the dirty growth floor, because I'm so tired.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know it's funny like this year from your season, dinner parties and ccs and way early now, so like going into those dinner parties. They were done by like ten thirty.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, because you know what, I know, they've cut out the libs, so like, did you guys guys speak to Yeah, so before on like My season and Tiny season, we used to have this segment where.
Speaker 3: We're like, I don't know, stay you're doing. You're doing your dramatic like stay, and then they have a shot where you're like looking at the bowercony go I wonder if I should stay with my partner or you know, this is such a big decision for me. And then they'll have other times when when you're you're allowed to pick another bride and say like I'm a lot to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, completely, they've cut that out.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was what was taking really low long and dragged out.
Speaker 1: The commitment ceremonies and the dinner parties because that's what we used to have to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a completely mind blowed. I did forget that they cut that out completely.
Speaker 1: Yeah makes sense.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the dinner party is finished early, like I guess they Yeah.
Speaker 1: Because we used to film until like the sun comes up again.
Speaker 2: It was like ten thirty. Sometimes I'd actually like miss it, but I had I have the cast calling me saying, Okay, Billy actually had his Apple Watch at one of the dinner parties and was giving me updates.
Speaker 1: Are you kiddy?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he ain't care that I'm adding him. He'd love it. Yeah, very naughty. So now I think they've banned apple products from the dinner party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they also look, take your Apple watch off, horrific. Take it off, not in the pickies, take it off. Yeah. Yeah, I'm a bit sad watching Sierra and Billy at the moment because I really like Billy. I just I didn't know this party side of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think it's a fun boy. It's also a really good egg. Like, yeah, he's very cheeky, but he's actually a really nice guy. Like it says something about him if he's very close to his mom. Yeah, he's got that relationship. So yeah, it was like they.
Speaker 1: Were so good and then all of a sudden it was really bad.
Speaker 2: I saw them hanging out maybe two or three times.
Speaker 1: Do you think that she just never liked him.
Speaker 2: I just don't think they were like compatible or they were attracted to each other. I think Sierra was attracted to him, but like, there was a lot we didn't see so at their honeymoon, they were like fighting and what She's come out and said he was a gas lighter and he was always he was hugging the cameras and all this stuff. And then like there was a huge blow up at their honeymoon that we didn't see. So it's just like.
Speaker 1: That makes more sense because I feel like now at this point of the experiment, she's got the ick. I can see she's so.
Speaker 2: Offer Yeah, and that's why I think she was so happy to open up to Adrian because just Billy wasn't giving her the time of the day, wasn't rooting her none of it.
Speaker 1: So does that does that become a story ark? Because the way we saw the play out with Sierra and Adrian was like the little like foot sea and then obviously the commitment ceremony, does anything else further happen?
Speaker 2: So we're gonna there's a whole lot of the cheating side that's going to pay out over the next week from what I've been told, and then TikTok, they've got a lot of time left.
Speaker 1: Interesting wouldn't be Maths without a cheating scandal.
Speaker 2: No, right from my experience, they never like cooked up or any of that like we'll never know the truth because they were just hanging out behind closed doors. They could be lying to their partners. We won't know. We'll never know. So there's not actually like a cheating scandal that plays out on TV between Adrian and Sierra, like they didn't kiss like Carolina and Daniel Town. Okay, there won't be that on the season that I know of, But Jack and Clint got to know each other off camera right then they come back.
Speaker 1: And is there any inside goss on stuff that you know of that we aren't going to see on the season that's going to be like cutting room floor.
Speaker 2: There's there's a lot of that, to be honest. There was an incident in a taxi which I reported on yesterday and it was too rude we had to put it behind a paywall. But it did involve one bride showing another groom a naughty video of herself.
Speaker 1: And just the bride and groom with different bride and different groom.
Speaker 2: Also it was one bride showing another guy a video of herself a video of herself like fat that, what's that?
Speaker 1: I'm just gonna make the sound of it because I don't know how to.
Speaker 2: Gross it wasn't it was. I don't know if I can get into too much detail for legal reasons, but sold just say it and you can just be out. Yeah, yeah, yeah, she was getting so you can keep all of that out. But that's what it was. And she's showing another groom this that's not her Why why by another groom? And it went back to the dinner party and none of this can be shown.
Speaker 1: So there's two so and why is she in a cab with not her husband and.
Speaker 2: With two husbands all hanging out? Okay? So it was like a broad I actually didn't. I did an interview with her groom. Well the other guy involved, okay, and he's come out and accidentally revealed they hung out multiple times, so you can put the rest of the pieces of the puzzle together.
Speaker 1: That's crazy, do be fair, that's fair. That's getting edited out. There's no way you could show that for legal reasons. And also that's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, why would you why why.
Speaker 1: Would you show that? But also here's my thing, and it's a bit of a side side chat. But you're going and putting yourself in the public figure space. You cannot have stuff like this exist. Ye, I can handle hearts say, I have nothing like that. I didn't have new Like, you cannot have things like this because it's gonna get leaked.
Speaker 2: So I spoke to the bride involved and I said, what's the go with it? Like is there a video? Can I have the video? And then she just played it down. She's like, oh, it was nothing like she didn't think anything of it. So that's why in her head it wasn't a bad thing. It was just like, oh, you can barely see do you know what I mean? Like she very much played it down.
Speaker 1: I don't think that is the issue.
Speaker 2: Well, she's just in her head it's not that bad.
Speaker 1: So you have this video?
Speaker 2: She well, I said, do you have it, I'll give you money for it, because I didn't know what the video was like Originally it was a sex tape and everyone's like, no, there's no sex tape. Then it was like a porner. I'm like, no, there's no porno. It was I'm like, okay, what is what's the video? Because she confirmed that she did do it right okay, and then everyone thought it was going to play it on TV and we just found out like the other day that it wasn't.
Speaker 1: That's I think that's fair. Yeah, so you've seen this video.
Speaker 2: I haven't, but I've heard exactly what. I've spoken to the bride about it, and I've spoken to all the people involved. Clinia has been who felt the tray by that she was showing other guys the video.
Speaker 1: That's fair. That's just messy.
Speaker 2: So that's just one story that they haven't Obviously, there's the whole Marena Tony stuff just completely scrapped out. Yeah, but I'm just trying to think there's a lot of stuff with the Fena and Adrian we didn't see interesting, like Jack, and there's just heaps with Jack and Ryan that we're not seeing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay from both sides.
Speaker 2: Both sides.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're quiet. They're a chaotic pair to watch. It's really like exhausting and I'm just like you just don't you get whiplash?
Speaker 2: I know, but like he can't. I can't keep up with it. That's why I'm just like, it's heap.
Speaker 1: I'mkaying to hear both sides though and see what's up. Yeah, because Ryan hasn't said anything.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Ryan's been very careful at the moment. He's obviously not happy.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, he doesn't look great.
Speaker 2: But it's just like Jackie doesn't look great. They both don't look great, but I think that's what their relationship was. Yeah, Athena and Adrian are going to go through a rough patch at the moment, so it's only going to get worse for him.
Speaker 1: I think she deserves better. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so if Billy leaves, is it safe to say that Athena leaves or not?
Speaker 2: I think Adrian and Aena are going to surprise everybody.
Speaker 1: Ah, that's an interesting and this.
Speaker 2: Is something we haven't seen before ever in the history of maps.
Speaker 1: Is she going to go for his brother? Can you imagine? You know, they should bring the brother in and just like switch them around, not say anything.
Speaker 2: We joked about that. I was like, because AA's got her twins. Yeah, yeah, like let's just swapping around and then like clear you'd be able to recognize straight away.
Speaker 1: But awfully similar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, only the tattoo tells him apart, Like when the Adrian got spotted with an other girl, he was pretending it was his brother.
Speaker 1: Yes, so it was was spotted with another girl. Yeah, and do we know who this girl is?
Speaker 2: Yes? And that wasn't the first with that girl because they spend years together, and.
Speaker 1: But he was pretending that, Oh no, that's my brother, so was he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know, But like, isn't it weird because if go back to your seasons, if someone was spotted with another partner, they'd be like canceled and shut down for sure, but agents still doing interviews. Yeah, so it just I think the whole Maps game is changing.
Speaker 1: It is really changing. I don't really know how long, like how sustainable it can be when it's all these things are being broken. I think they do need to implement something like you suggested, like keeping it contained. Because we love we love the show. We love it. It'd be nice if there was just a little bit more tight, just so we could see things play it and then give us the goss.
Speaker 2: Me too, I'd be happy if we love the gloss, but just not st I would actually be happy if like none of them cast spoke to anybody like I would. I what I loved about both your seasons is I love being able to crack you guys, like I worked really hard to do it. Now this is like the new generation of Maps is like talking to me day one, telling me everything, Like I like that, I like the like the chase. I like the chase.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Yeah, it's just like fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like last year had Lauren talking to me like from the start, and then this year it's like all of them. I'm like okay, yeah, so when they all went rogue early on, it's like, Okay, this is going to be a fun season. I've never seen anything like it.
Speaker 3: Well, I bumped into you recently at an event and you said, there's one person that is playing by the rules and you haven't cracked her yet. Yeah, Jamie, I can tell.
Speaker 2: I can tell, like she was the one person that didn't feel comfortable doing pap photos. She was just like, wouldn't even show up to a place if the rest of the cast were there. If she found out I was there.
Speaker 1: Apart from that one video of you guys doing tequila.
Speaker 2: Shops, you know, she was fine. She was like, that was the first time we had hung out and you'd realize I'm on the other side. So I was just like, I knew she wasn't comfortable with me being there, but I didn't want to push.
Speaker 1: It the boundary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just like, you know what if I just stay away. We've spoken now, so we're good now.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good. Yeah, Jamie would be great to have on.
Speaker 2: I know, I think like it's very fair that Jamie wants to play the rules, Like, like I really respect that because she's done the right thing by production, she's doing the right thing by Channel nine, and.
Speaker 1: I think by the viewers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like everyone wants a friend like Jamie.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, we love Jamie and we love you Alie so much for always supporting us, like you've been there from day one.
Speaker 2: Try it. Yeah no, but that's what I mean is I felt form like really good friendships with a lot of beep people do come and go, but like the real one stick around and that's what I love, Like I do or can make really good friends from it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we love it.
Speaker 2: We love you, guys, love you.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for coming on. We're so grateful, honestly, like so much tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just hopefully give it up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully it's given everyone a little bit more insight, different perspective.
Speaker 2: Maybe the thing I want to finish it with is viewers have seen nothing yet, Like Maths is going to get so much more wild. Wow, it's going to get a bit dark. It's gonna like We're going to see everything this year.
Speaker 1: Really, so strap in well. On that note, thank you so much Arlie for coming on. We have a fresh new episode next week. If you want us to interview someone in particular, please slide into our DMS or our new broadcast channel, which you can find on Taranese Instagram page, and be sure to leave us a five stargi because it helps. Hey.
Speaker 2: Thanks Reality
Speaker 1: M