Speaker 1: One of the stars of the Western Bulldogs.
Speaker 2: Here next guest as a towering defender for the Western Bulldogs. Want a pretty different please welcome to the show, Roy Love, Good morning, Good morning. Great. He's a big man. You're jeez, that's.
Speaker 1: All are you?
Speaker 2: I'm just under six ten.
Speaker 3: Not great to be starting the season at the Gabback because I've heard the sheds here are quite low, are the roof I remember Mason Crops bitching about the tree rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're very disjointed. It's a very old stadium. But they did upgrade the warm up area, so the warm per is good. But then you have to go through sort of like a maze and a few stairs and some low beams, which Mason Cox obviously doesn't like, but you know, I like to.
Speaker 1: I don't have a concussion running out onto the ground.
Speaker 4: That's not a good st that.
Speaker 2: Little stucky and stretch room.
Speaker 3: We haven't started the game.
Speaker 4: How is the off season, Rory?
Speaker 2: Yeah? The off season was amazing. I got married twice, got married got married into at a church who were just family, and then we had like another wedding with family and friends in the Maldives, which was fun. So yeah, it was really good. My my wife did an amazing job at organizing everything. I was. I was a yes, no groom, but yeah it was great. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Now, how many people tracked over to the Maldives, because that's it's quite a distance. But I love it when people plan a destination.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we ended up it was about just under forty So turnout it was the standard in the Maldes. I don't remember what the island's called. It's actually two years before we went there and I proposed, So we went back to the exact same spot where I proposed. That's a linen job, wouldn't it. I had a linen suit and I was. It was hot. But we did it at night and we didn't have a ceremony. Yeah, like a ceremony anything. We just had a dinner with everyone.
Speaker 3: Party exchange Bowers hotel discount. Hey, if you got opposed to if you come back and do the wedding, we'll give.
Speaker 5: You tw Yeah, don't mind the loyalty discount. JC wouldn't hope to hot for you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she warm or she's warm. Speaking of the wife doing all preparations for the wedding, we mentioned earlier, you and the missus like to hit the top.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh yeah, TikTok famous and you.
Speaker 3: Are known for your hair, did she She did the wedding hair as well as blue.
Speaker 2: Well, for the wedding in it was brown hair, so I ended up doing blonde for the Reactually, no, it's probably better than the lobster cut that you had. She would have been she would have been shocked if you had that on the wedding day. Well, she's getting a bit nervous now that footy season started again. And I did say to a few people that I'll be doing some random stuff again this year and working with a few more charities. But I haven't actually told what I'm getting from my two undreth game, which is opening around this week.
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 2: I can't tell you.
Speaker 3: Guys, turn the microphone, turn the mics off, and you tell us and then we'll turn them back on. People will hear the reaction, Okay, three two one chair.
Speaker 4: For about Helen that's going to take to get done.
Speaker 2: To Let's just say there's a bit of variety about it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that will be revealed in the first game in Brisbane.
Speaker 2: I'll reveal it, reveal it on Thursday. I think when I get it done.
Speaker 4: So where do you go to get all these amazing.
Speaker 2: I've got my guy Jake. He's moved around a little bit since I've been with him. He did the Lobster last year, but he's in Essendon now. I can't remember what where he is exactly now. He's moved around so much, I don't know, but I just text him on Instagram and go and see him.
Speaker 3: I would say this new design is a little bit more classier than the lobs.
Speaker 4: It's quite intricate.
Speaker 1: I'm mean, what does BEV say?
Speaker 2: Bever doesn't mind. He knows what I'm like as a person. I'm always going out there and doing whatever I can to win, and the color of my hair doesn't really matter.
Speaker 5: We was just saying the other day, I love having characters.
Speaker 4: You can't all be the same and all be boring. That's a bit of.
Speaker 2: Excited for sure, and that's a part of why I started TikTokers, just to show my personality a little bit more. And when we're on me, when we're in the media, when we're talking to people, we're very straight answer and it's a great way for people to actually understand me as a person rather than just this guy that plays football.
Speaker 5: So Jace Rory has been doing childhood treats that his wife's never tasted. He's been making them for her on TikTok so like honey joys.
Speaker 4: She tried fairy bread. She never had fairy bread to one.
Speaker 3: I love the most. The chocolate crackles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I haven't done that yet. But she don't do my kid's parties anymore.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because they've got sugar in them.
Speaker 2: That's ridiculous.
Speaker 1: No, not me, No, I'm out, don't worry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my wife was born in Yorn's so yeah, and she didn't move here until she was ten, so she didn't really get the the childhood sweets.
Speaker 4: You're sitting alligator, that's the delicacy over there in.
Speaker 3: Very red flow of mind.
Speaker 2: She did not like, very bad. No.
Speaker 1: I asked about Bev before I hosted Melbourne's season launch last night, and Max Gorn was talking about how most senior coaches he's had they've always just got a bit of a screw. It's like they're just a bit weird.
Speaker 2: Senior.
Speaker 1: You've got to be a bit different to be a senior coach. So I want to ask you about Bevo because Bevo quite quite likes quoting movies, doesn't he is there is there a theme or a movie he's going with this preseason all this year.
Speaker 2: He comes up with something new every week actually, so it's not just movies. I think once we had the running with the I Love I Love the Mighty Ducks for sure. I think one year we had like running with the Bulls and then you'll see a couple of the boys when we sing the song like putting bull signs up and stuff. But he keeps it nice and fresh. No, it's it's really good and I don't think we have anything This week we get told Captain's Run what the theme is for the game. So yeah, it's always interesting.
Speaker 4: Well, you're on the eve of not Round one, what is it Zeround zero?
Speaker 2: Opening around?
Speaker 4: How are the Doggies feeling this year?
Speaker 2: Really good? We've had a great preseason and just had a hit out against the Hawks and the boys were humming around. It's always hard to tell when you're versing each other throughout the whole preseason. You finally get diversa some opposition and you know, we feel like we played really well in that game. It's hard to tell in pre season as well, because not everyone plays there, all their players. But no, we're excited for the season. We were disappointed last year we had fourteen wins who didn't make the finals. So I know what missed out on percentage, didn't you? Yeah, I think I think we didn't miss out on a percentage. Actually, I think we had a higher percentage because that we did too. Yeah, we had a very high percentage, so we.
Speaker 4: Missed out on points.
Speaker 5: That's hey, Well, congratulations on the wedding.
Speaker 4: Good luck for the season.
Speaker 3: We dominated over the Hawks on the weekend as well, one hundred and seventeen to seventy three.
Speaker 2: Jeesus. Yeah, it was in a.
Speaker 3: Good mindset going into an opening round.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I'll be around one.
Speaker 3: Well, hey, Rory Love from the Doggies join us on the other this morning. We got memberships to go as well. Eleven games to ninety nine bucks.
Speaker 2: Aar.
Speaker 3: You can call the membership team today otherwise we're going to offload a couple thirteen twenty four to ten. Hey, make good luck for the two hundredth game. Thank you this season ahead, appreciate it. And the missus reaction to the new hair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, hopefully she takes it well. I mean I can't reaction. I can't actually were my wedding at the moment because football has jugged my finger. So what I just always bang them up, so I can't actually get the wedding ring on pretty much since we got married as soon as it's I've got to tatoo of her initials, so we have to take it on and off the games. So it's good that I can just yeah, I have to leave it.
Speaker 4: Alexi Love.
Speaker 2: Yes, her name is Alexandra, but she doesn't go by Alexander at all.
Speaker 4: Lexi Love is such a great name.
Speaker 1: Isn't that sounds like.
Speaker 2: A movie character strong.
Speaker 3: If the marriage go up, you chopped the finger off, You've got no one more to go.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's got the planter.
Speaker 3: I'll be above the line. Good luck for the future.
Speaker 2: Christine Happening together Jason Lauren Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the Socials