Speaker 1: She's stronger at the top. Let's hit down to the Crows winning rooms. Mitch Hinge joins us. Now, Mitch, thanks for joining us on five double a footy mate. That must have been a whole lot of fun boys. It was.
Speaker 2: It was a great win. It was a really really good win. We've been doing for one of those. So we'll put that one under our arm and we'll go again next week.
Speaker 3: Hingy, it was just great for round one to see you improve on the areas as a team you've been working on in that one hundred days. The d F fifty fast football just score from I thought was outstanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 4: I think our work inside was really really good today where our contest was good and it was good all across the ground, which is very very pleasing.
Speaker 2: And you know, we had four or so boys.
Speaker 4: That played their first games to the club and I think each one paid. We had a really big contribution today, so it was really good and I think it was just one really good team effort. So you know, as I said, it's good fun. It was good fun out there and we'll go again. Done there.
Speaker 2: I'm Mitch Campo here.
Speaker 5: It looked really outstanding before, so I was really impressed. I mean you talk about it was a way to numbers performance. You go from Matt Crouch if we went disposals wise, all the way down to Dan Curtin all the way through.
Speaker 2: Everyone played their bit and it.
Speaker 5: Just looks like a really even and you're all look like you're on the same page.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was good.
Speaker 4: I mean, as you just touched on, we had a few things to work on over the summer, and coming into these games you never really know how you're going to go.
Speaker 2: So that was that was what was really pleasing today.
Speaker 4: And I mean, I know we can't get ahead of ourselves and we've got a long season ahead, but it was a really nice one to, you know, to put a show out for the fans and have a good day.
Speaker 1: When it comes down to the talk of the club, in the last few weeks, it's been about how the club and the team have matured a lot more. What do you put that down to Minch in terms of how you have matured.
Speaker 4: I think we've just got to keep learning, learning along the way. Obviously, we've got a few more mature bodies in over the summer. We've got a few in the coaching group and we've got a few in the players as well.
Speaker 2: And also I think we've.
Speaker 4: Just learned from you know, the areas where we've had to had to learn from him previous years.
Speaker 2: Like it hasn't just been a one summer build up.
Speaker 4: We've obviously been building for three or four years and last year didn't necessarily go as well as what we would have liked. So the boys are on edge today and you know, we're just really really excited to put our best, best footy and best foot forwards for the year to come.
Speaker 3: Did you hear the raw when Sid drape it did a warm up? And then did you hear the raw when he ran out there? And did you hear the rule when he got his first posssion?
Speaker 4: I definitely And geeez, I love what I saw as well. He was he was incredible, how his footwork work around the stoppages, he's worked rate around the ground, and jeez, he had some good contests as well, which we'd love to see from the younger boys. Son, he's gonna he's going to be very exciting for the future and hopefully it plays a big part in what Yeah It twenty twenty five comes well.
Speaker 3: From the new to the old We just love what Matt Crouch did, his numbers as far as contestant, all the win, he does, the work he does in close and it was up against an absolute gun in McCrae. He's super important to this group, isn't he he is.
Speaker 4: I think he goes underappreciated times, definitely externally. I think inside we know how important he is, how strong he.
Speaker 2: Is in the contest.
Speaker 4: He's you know, he's a premium mid and and we're very, very lucky to have him on our side. So as I said, I think he's what he's able to do is also you know, bring up with you know, Sligo's and Dawson and help these boys out as well. And that's what it is going to take if we want to, you know, if we want to do anything this year.
Speaker 5: Mitch, I was really impressed and you spoke about the maturity and I guess learning from things at the start of that second quarter. We knew that, you know, Saint Kilda probably didn't have their best first quarter and Ross was always going to give him a bit of a lick at quarter time. But I thought your maturity in that first five or six minutes when they got the ball inside there forward half. You guys were really patient. He didn't give away any free kicks, and then you work the ball down up the wing this side and ended up being where.
Speaker 2: Joshua Kelly josh Rah Shelley kicked that.
Speaker 5: Really nice goal snap over the shoulder, and I thought that was a real up in the right direction because I reckon previously there might have been a sloppy free kick or a forward fifty easy goal against. But I thought that was a pivotal moment in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think so. I think so.
Speaker 4: It's obviously been the focused point and something we've talked about. And if you want to be a good side, you've got to, you know, when there I guess when it's going against you a little bit, you've just got to weather the storm for as long as possible and try not to get too many goals scored on you.
Speaker 2: So yeah, they did. They came out in that second.
Speaker 4: Quarter and they were really strong and it was really pleasing for the group. You know that we stood up and we probably still didn't play our best footy and I think there's still areas we can improve in that in that spot. But you're right, we just showed a little bit of maturity there. We were held up strong and then we were finally able to break the game open, which was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: Well done, Mitchie. Just before we do let you go. Were you under an injury cloud before you come on in?
Speaker 4: Were you no?
Speaker 2: Not at all?
Speaker 4: Boys fresh as the days in? It was, it was good, It was beautiful.
Speaker 3: Well done mate, We love you out there. Great work.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the win.
Speaker 3: Round one done, it's the next week and settle up again. Michie.
Speaker 2: Thanks for your time, beautiful, thanks man, have a good one.