Speaker 1: Today we're recording on Gadigul country and.
Speaker 2: We'd like to pay our respects to the traditional custodians of the Gaticol people. I know you've gotta dig this. It's like I've been given like an extra sprinkle of something.
Speaker 1: You've got layers, Yeah, I got layers.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking, I'm like, we're just such beautiful storytellers.
Speaker 2: You make a lot of sense to that girl. No, I'm done, honest to go. Okay, we're in the same studio. You ready buffle up things about the end of.
Speaker 3: Is it Sunday? Because I feel like there's a roast coming ooh Sunday.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you about roasts.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Last Sunday I cooked a full chicken in my new air fryer, and now I've turned into an air fryer. Mum. Honestly, every meal comes from the air.
Speaker 1: Fry like a fool, like the legs.
Speaker 2: And I broke the back of that thing and I splat it open, and I didn't I.
Speaker 1: Need that visual. I did not need that visual.
Speaker 2: I had so much fun cracking the back of that chalok, trust me. And then I pushed down on it like I was like.
Speaker 1: Did you save the wishbone.
Speaker 2: No, actually, where was the wishbone?
Speaker 1: So it's probably broken. You made the wish cup.
Speaker 2: Drew my chicken. I don't think had the wishbone.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: That brings up such nostalgia for me because my mum was so like every single time we got a hot chook, that wishbone was like dried on the window.
Speaker 2: Sill and like there were many yeah yes, why did why did black fellows use them slingshots?
Speaker 1: Maybe?
Speaker 3: No, I feel like she was nostalgia, like she was sent like superstitious or maybe like I don't know, sentimental.
Speaker 2: And they'd become crusty and dry, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: So gross, and then you'd get your pinky. They would get their pinky and then you break it and whoever's got the bigger part gets the wish Okay.
Speaker 1: So it's just that's kind of wholesome. Anyways, we went from roast chicken normal.
Speaker 2: But listen, I just want to quickly touch on the because I'm actually quite proud of myself. So I've been creating, Like I went and bought an air fry from Kmart one hundred bucks, massive air fryer, and I've been creating dinner every night in it. So I went through a phase where I stopped cooking for me my partner, because I was just over cooking. When we first got together, I was like, you know, I was the chef, he was the cleaner. I would cook, he would clean. That's how we worked the relationship. And then I just stopped cooking because I was like, I'm so over this and I needed to be reinspired just by a fucking yeah, you can do everything in it. Last night I did some garlic and parsley pork chops. Oh delicious. You can do a full chalk as I said, you could do a full roast. You could. You can even cook like a stir fry in the air fryer.
Speaker 1: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: You don't even need a fry.
Speaker 1: I've heard that you can bake in it as well.
Speaker 2: You can bake your whole chicken. Yeah, bake your whole and he takes forty five minutes.
Speaker 3: Five minutes, but they don't have like pre setting, so I don't know. Anyways, blah blah blah, anyways, but we digress.
Speaker 1: But no, I love this.
Speaker 2: I just get a spoon the ship for an air fryer. A team.
Speaker 1: With me and I made this joke. The other day, it was like, fuck therapy.
Speaker 3: Just go to kmart, like like I like every time I walk out of Kmar or like Big W even like I've spent maybe like sixty bucks on like one hundred different items and it's the best thing.
Speaker 1: I walk out there feeling so much better with my life.
Speaker 2: I'm like, what do you go to km up for?
Speaker 1: Oh? Okay?
Speaker 3: So I went to came out to look for these stools that have gone viral, so because they're like a what do you call a joop of the Fenton and Fenton stool? Yeah, and I was like looking, they didn't have them, so I was like devo.
Speaker 1: So I went to Big W. So what I go from Big W is like I just buy storage like hangars and like my laundry pods in Bolk.
Speaker 2: Yes, I'm a storage king. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well no, and I went to kmart. Actually, no, take that back.
Speaker 3: I went to KMAR when I was in Perth because I spent four four hours organizing my sister in law and my brother's pantry. That if that's not love, I spent four hours organizing this fucking pantry because they were complaining about it and I had nothing else to do.
Speaker 1: I was like, look, I'm here in Perth.
Speaker 2: And make myself four hours.
Speaker 1: Honestly, you have no fucking idea.
Speaker 2: Because pantry company.
Speaker 1: No. This thing was like just like people just don't understand life skills.
Speaker 3: They like complained about the same thing and it's happening because they haven't changed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They were like, oh yeah, the kids keep getting these snacks. He keeps like, you know, the kids keep coming back and they're like they you know, they're complaining, like you can't have those snacks, you can't do this, And I'm like, but put them up, like and they're like, oh, but we can't put them up because that's their move. It like coming says anyways, it's not even my sister in law mind you, I love her dearly.
Speaker 2: It's my brother Jackie.
Speaker 3: No, no, this is my other sister in law, Rowie. And she was like so grateful for it, and I spent like look and she was like, oh, I don't want you to do this. I was like, no, I'm going to do it. Yeah, and I was like and then my brother I just like was like you ungrateful little like he comes in, he's like sussing it all out, blah blah, blah, and he's like, yeah, we'll see how this lasts, like five minutes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I bet it was, Like I was like, yeah, I literally put them like, mind you, I spent three hundred bucks that came up.
Speaker 1: You did three hundred bucks on them by all the containers. The labels even labeled ship Maddie. I was mad.
Speaker 3: Anyways, Anyways, well I'm gonna talk about roast. Let me roast him right now.
Speaker 2: And when you were home, what else happened because you were just in Perth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was just shitty. Sure you post, yeah shitty.
Speaker 2: Are you still feeling that way?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I feel like no, I feel fine. I feel fine. It's just my.
Speaker 3: Oldest brother is showing a lot of signs of mental illness, and there's no one there to support him or help him. I'm the only person that can kind of like kind of feels that responsibility. Like my brother obviously works away, my other brother works away, so he can't.
Speaker 1: And he's like and he's living in the house with kids.
Speaker 3: So I'm like really concerned about their safety, his mental illness, my sister in law's safety, Like not that he's like a rational or like he's going to do something stupid, but he's just showing signs, like, you know, like a lot of paranoia, and they have a time he's shown signs of paranoia.
Speaker 1: Something has happened. So I'm just a bit concerned. And I had called thirteen Yarn.
Speaker 3: And had like a chat with them, and they were really helpful about getting him.
Speaker 1: Into a GP. But obviously he has to do it like voluntarily.
Speaker 3: I mean, I could go down the whole route of like talking about it, but at the moment, like I'm trying to separate and have that boundary of like I have to just get on with my life right now and like get on with like things that I need to do. But there's always that part of me that if he doesn't get the help that he needs like asap, he might turn out like my sister, which obviously everyone knows that she passed away like three years ago. And if he doesn't get the help, he could go down a really bad route and probably end up on this fucking street homeless and you know, like unsupported and vulnerable, just like she was.
Speaker 1: So I'm really concerned about it.
Speaker 3: No, he hasn't, I mean, mind you, like he's isolating himself so much to the point where it's like, how do you help someone that doesn't want to help themselves.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've been there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know it, Like you know that you've been in the same boat. Like we have this chat when we're in the Gold Coast about you know, your family and like your dad relationships. So it's like you understand.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's difficult. One thing that I've realized when it comes to particularly my mom and my sister who live in Sydney, they have they make lifestyle choices daily that I wouldn't want anyone to make, especially a family member. You know, they have alcoholism and drug addictions, especially my sister. What I've realized is that there's nothing that I can do. Honestly, I can be on the end of the call. I can show my support, I can turn up and I can listen and I can love on her and that's it because at the end of the day, like there's been things where I've tried to implement to make their life more safe, yeah, and it just doesn't work because they're not at that point where they're able to really take that help on. So it's like you so I have to allow people to be there when they need you. But don't feel like you need to do all the work.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I think that's the hardest thing.
Speaker 3: Like I've generinely been like the bearer of everything for them, like the one that like innately, like when my mum died and my nan died, I was like I thought straight away that I've got to get my family back together. Yeah, like I've got to get them back together. And I did that, and I should be happy that I did that. But it's a matter of keeping them together. And so when they're not thriving in their life and they're like unwell and they're like un happy, I don't it's just being an EmPATH. Like I really feel it on a deeper level and get so overstimulated by it. I get so overwhelmed by not being able to fix their problems, and like I'm the same with partners exactly, and I'm like, oh, it's so hard, but I'm like, Okay, I can only do what I can here, like you said, and then I just gonna have to like try to like be as positive towards them and like get them to understand like why it's important to take care of him and why it's important to like also like be around him, Like I feel like my other brothers don't hang out without me.
Speaker 1: So like they're all in Perth, every single one of them, and they don't hang out wow, like barely.
Speaker 3: Like well, obviously my two brothers living together in the same house, so they see each other. But then my younger brother is like off doing his thing fair enough, like he's really he's the one I'm probably least concerned about, honestly, Like he's killing it and I'm like so proud of him, but like my other two brothers, like Troy's killing it. Like he's got a family, he's got work, but he's got a lot of like environmentally like stressful things that he needs to get on top of. And I just feel like, also, he he hasn't evolved into the person that I guess I was hoping that he would be, Like his respect levels are pretty low at the moment in terms of like the way that he talks and speaks about women. I had to correct him so many times when I was in Perth, and I was just like, aw.
Speaker 1: It's so awkward.
Speaker 3: I feel like a fucking dictator and I'm like I don't want to sound like that, but they put that much pressure on me to like be this person, and then when I like actually step into that role sometimes like say, like they expect me to be like this mothering, maternal, you know person. So then I'm like, well, learn to respect women. And I called him out for their shit where I was like, oh my god, I don't know how to act. He's like, you're telling me off. I'm like, yeah, I'm telling you off because you're doing the wrong thing. Like of course I would do that with my friends, like if you know, like if anyone said the wrong thing in front of me, like oh, anyways, I was trying to listen and not but fuck me, it was hard.
Speaker 2: I got a question, is it possible not to judge? Or do you judge and you don't voice your judgment? And that's the whole idea of not judging someone, not getting allowing them to be privy to what you think.
Speaker 3: I feel like you can judge and then there's a moment of like reflection that you have in a split second that you're like, oh, no, that's just my other whether it's in internalized misogyny, whether it's in uh, internal racism, like you know what I mean, Like you might have a like a judgment or something and you're like, oh, that's that's not good, and you question yourself. Maybe not that I have anything like that. I mean I have things of like maybe like what people wear.
Speaker 1: I feel like I judge people and what they wear. I'm like, you could put in so much more of it, but like not you, not you, but like.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean, Like I see someone, I'm like, that's they would look so beautiful if just put in.
Speaker 2: More effort, you know what. I think that's something you need to work on.
Speaker 3: I know, superficial, but it's superficial, right, But I would never again, you wouldn't say I wouldn't voice that total.
Speaker 2: But if something There's so many things that I feel like I judge about as well, keep internal, you know.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, like let's play a game of we listen, we don't judge.
Speaker 2: One thing that I judge on is if people and I can't even yeah, okay, people who wear dirty shoes.
Speaker 3: Yes, remember when we did our X and you were like, you know if people don't clean their white shoes? Yeah that was me and you were like you literally looked at my vehors and you were like, clean your shoes, your dirty bit I.
Speaker 2: Just think, like, just if you're gonna wear them, just wipe them over before you go outside.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: True, but that's just like a superficial thing. But I would never say. But if I rock up and you have a mint outfit, you're looking fucking hot and don to the floor and you've got these dusty ass fucking shoes on, you're judging.
Speaker 3: Okay, I don't mean to judge, but I have a habit of judging people's driving, being a passenger dictator of like people's driving. Like I I I'm like, you could have you could have got that in my head.
Speaker 1: I'm like, focus.
Speaker 2: You think you're a good driver?
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, I think I I've done enough.
Speaker 3: I've done enough courses like driving cars and like drift things.
Speaker 2: The view already drifted in the streets.
Speaker 1: I learned how to drift drive course.
Speaker 2: Literally, where do you do that?
Speaker 1: Oh at the Barbie.
Speaker 3: Barbie Galla racecourse, and per you literally do a drift course is so sick, it's the best.
Speaker 2: It's very very mass.
Speaker 1: I'm not a passenger prince.
Speaker 2: No, but I mean you are a driver. I've never felt unsafe with you. But I had a friend called Ollie, who's when we were nineteen four, nineteen twenty. Too cautious, bro, you were so cautious that now it's dangerous. Yea too far the other way?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you gotta find the middle.
Speaker 2: You got to go in the middle, because you can be like crazy and erratic and too confident and it could be dangerous. But if you're too cautious and you're not merging and you're stopping everyone behind you, it's it's pretty fucked. And let me tell you. On the weekend, I got into a car accident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I heard got re rendered from her being on my phone.
Speaker 2: No, from Denny, No, that was good. Yeah, I got real, but I was driving and I had to stay on my brakes because of the Tesla in front of me. Looks like quickly yeah, and then this car behind me, this little Honda Accord lovely lady, just smashed into the back of my jeep.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which would have been for her, so much.
Speaker 2: More damage for my card. Did it moved and hit the tesla. I was still, but the back of it was pretty fucked. So the exhaust is now on the wheel and I couldn't drive it, so I had to get towed. And her whole front was pretty much gone. So I'm hoping because I'm actually in the market for a new car. I've been looking. They just ride it off, give me my money, and that's a little gift from the universe. So let's hope.
Speaker 1: So okay, well, if you had your wishbone, you could have wished for that.
Speaker 2: We have enough for both of us.
Speaker 1: I've been wishing for days.
Speaker 2: But okay, listen, we don't judge. Give me another one.
Speaker 3: Um, Okay, I don't mean to judge people, but if they have really bad bo I can't, like, like you've gone down in my book, Okay, like you could be the hottest person, like you could literally be Chris Hamsworth or fucking Dua Lipa, and if they're.
Speaker 1: Both pongy and stinky, I could never could never.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, no, I agree with you. I think like hygiene is a big thing for me too. I probably we would judge you and would you tell them? Would you say, hey, you stink?
Speaker 1: And I had to do this chat and it's so.
Speaker 2: Hard what do you say?
Speaker 3: I just kind of like it was one on one, so I was comfortable. We're on a walk, and I made it a place where you know where you know, I was like, oh, like, I've noticed that. You know, when we've hung out the last couple of times, there's a bit of a like stink to you.
Speaker 2: Oh you didn't say it like that, did you said when we hung out?
Speaker 3: I said, there's been There was no There was one point, like we were driving, so she was in the car and I had to put we all had to put the windows down. It was that bad.
Speaker 1: But we listen. We don't judge.
Speaker 2: You judged. She told her she stink like you stink.
Speaker 3: I felt like it was important for her to have that conversation because if she kept going on about it or like keeps like having that same issue like other people.
Speaker 1: I've got teas ipong.
Speaker 3: That's why because when I was fifteen, I literally like smell and it was purely a hormone thing, and I got bullied for it. So I don't want that to happen to her. So I was protecting her anything.
Speaker 2: But yeah, yeah, all right, you go listen and you don't judge. Okay, what else do I have.
Speaker 3: When someone says the wrong pronunciation of a word, so they go that really resignated with me, your resignator.
Speaker 1: To get the fuck out of here.
Speaker 2: Resonated resignation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're it's done. I'm resigning.
Speaker 2: Do you want to know a word that you say? Funny? What I'll tell you right now? Oh god, So you say the word birthday instead of birthday birthday exactly. Yeah, you say birth with an F instead of But I listened, and I never judge.
Speaker 1: Well, you won't get a happy birthday for me.
Speaker 2: Okay, listen and we don't judge. I'm trying to think of things that really irk me. Oh. You know what I hate when people say sorry, I've been really busy, and it's like their whole world they couldn't like it's like you're waiting on a reply or you're waiting on somebody to get back to you about something. And when they start with hey, sorry, i've been really busy, like we've all been busy. I actually, oh, I got to take it back because I did that to somebody, but I actually pretended. So okay, you know what, Yes, okay, thank you. Up to the next one. We'll forget about my story. Here we go. I listen and we don't charge. We listen and we don't charge when people get saying's wrong. So, for instance, that's a hard pillow to swallow. All pillows are hard to swallow. Laugh, it's a hard pill to swallow. And it's not the it's not the kettle calling the pot black. It's the pot calling the kettle black.
Speaker 3: I do it every time, and I'm like, okay, Brook, you know how this sentence is constructed in your head?
Speaker 1: Why I can't.
Speaker 2: But we don't judge. Like I listen to them and I do not judge.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 3: When someone is like really passionate about something and they start clapping.
Speaker 2: I know there go I'm telling you, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Think I used to like like I would clap because I was happy.
Speaker 1: Oh I just I just can't. I'm like, yeah, we listening.
Speaker 2: We don't judge. I've got one. Do you know when someone says, hey, guys, you've all been asking on Instagram?
Speaker 1: No, I just jumped on.
Speaker 2: No. I hate asking. Like for me, it's like even like the whole idea that everyone on Instagram's asking you these questions. It's bullshit, like you've got two inboxes talk about the like two people have asked. Not everyone's been like that just irks me. Say hey, guys, or you might have been asking.
Speaker 3: Just I will country through that phone so hard, you know.
Speaker 1: It's like it's when people like influencers.
Speaker 3: Say literally literally like but like they all sound the same, Like every influencer that I like follow like on TikTok and Instagram, they all sound the same. Okay, Like I do say literally, but I will mean it quite.
Speaker 1: Literally, do you know what I mean? Like Bill stop ye?
Speaker 3: But but they go like, guys, this is literally my favorite product.
Speaker 1: This is literally like it's literally the best And they say literally and literally.
Speaker 2: Literally like what's the correct one?
Speaker 1: Literally the right literally?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but also the thing is like, guys, I thought i'd quickly jump on.
Speaker 2: Jump on what we know what they jumping on? Jump on? Okay, what else is there?
Speaker 1: Like so many worthy there is actually so many.
Speaker 3: People don't wear like they were wear like baggy pants, but they're like too baggy that you see their butt crack and they don't wear a belt. I've seen so many older men do it and they're like, we're a fucking belt, will ya? Like you're that generation that belts and pants were a thing. But if you're gonna wear baggy pants, make sure they fit your waist.
Speaker 2: I know that this is one for you. When people do fit checks on instaff because you've started to do them. Though when you do no, no, no, no, you don't put fit check, but it is a fit check. What is like? So like when so you've been you've been doing like so, I remember I did this ready. I used to go, you know exactly what this is? Ready?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yes, and you because it's the same, you still do that.
Speaker 1: That's the same every time.
Speaker 2: I don't do it.
Speaker 3: And you know, I also started doing it Danny because I saw Danny doing.
Speaker 2: So. One day I came into the studio and you said to me, I hate when you do your outfit checks, and I stopped and I stopped doing it from that moment. Really yeah, and so, oh my god, you made me feel insecure about doing my outfit check and judged me. So I stopped doing it. And then I realized that you started to do it, and I was like, this girl's a hypocritical bitch. But you know what, we're listening. We don't judge hypocrites because I'm a bit of a hypocrite when it comes to like chores at home. So I might not put my dishes away, but then I will say to Danny if he puts it in this thing. Can you put your dishes away when you're not going to do it?
Speaker 1: That's going to be into marriage. That's going to be marriage.
Speaker 2: Okay, so this is a bit gross, but we listen and we don't judge. I hate if you're eating and somebody around your farts. No, we fucking judge. We hate that. Ship like that's disgusting. I cover my food. Does anyone else cover the food like it's a poison?
Speaker 1: It's no, it's just like I grew up with, like rubby boys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was. Okay, let me just tell your story. Last night, I was sitting on the lounge and I was watching a TV show and I was leading my beautiful, succulent bowl of fruit, mangoes, raspberries, strawberries, grapes. I'm eating them, open bowl, open mouth, open bowl. And this man next to me, this deliciously looking sexy man, just lets one rip.
Speaker 1: But like at you, like aimed at you.
Speaker 2: Like he's not like you know, those skunks. He's not like this up on the lounge. No, he's not that, but he fighted and then and then he just looks at me like and I'm like, that's disgusting, And I covered my fruit like it was going to contaminate it. Do you cover your food? That's gross? Right?
Speaker 1: Used to growing up with grubby boys.
Speaker 2: In front of each other, Yet I.
Speaker 1: Find it in front of her. I'm found in front of me and she's like, I love far humans.
Speaker 3: I always like, come on, don't you came out and said I'm gonna far and I said, yes, queen, that video I sent you on TikTok and don't comes out. She's like, We're all gonna fart.
Speaker 1: I'm human. I'm like, yeah, we're all human. I ain't. I ain't holding that in to get a tummy egg for no race. Why Why would I do that to myself?
Speaker 2: Let it out?
Speaker 3: Anyways, I feel like there's been so many moments where like farts have been ice breakers. I feel like like like.
Speaker 2: I'm here for the job.
Speaker 3: Into you like a relationship, you know, like like a tension breaker. I would It's like when when you're really serious you're in a fight.
Speaker 1: Just like in the same room as the do do a weird position. Far in a weird position. I tell you not, it will break the ice. You like.
Speaker 2: It down with dog.
Speaker 1: Dog literally like squat. I don't give a.
Speaker 2: Ship the worst and you're both in bed like I was reading a book and Denny was on his phone. He fights and then wafts the blanket. Nah, that's just disgusting.
Speaker 1: I just don't want to fight in the blanket. Like absolutely, he burps.
Speaker 2: And fights everywhere.
Speaker 1: No, for real.
Speaker 3: The funniest moment I have of this dog is literally him being out the window that pulls out long body.
Speaker 1: And although he was just I was like.
Speaker 3: The radio was on, so like I heard it through the radio. No for real, Like I've never heard my dog fart.
Speaker 1: Before until that. Any Right, that was a funny episode. I went from Sunday Roast to to.
Speaker 2: Sunday Roast Family crisis too.
Speaker 1: That is first things first, So.
Speaker 2: We are so multi fasting.
Speaker 3: Come back next next week for even maybe more funny episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, I suppose that's all we have time for today. Thanks for listening to First Things First. If you love what you hear, lead us the rating and review.
Speaker 3: Give us five stars, I mean, I mean stars. If you want us to cover anything on the pot, read out.
Speaker 2: Via our socials. Brooks Sandal is at brook dot Blurton. My handle is at It's Natty Mills and we will see you later. Terrible,