Speaker 1: On scorn Loves Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panekey Show. Coming up tonight with the demise of Adam band, who among the Green senators will be the next leader of the far left party, Gary Hartgrave and Nikata will join me shortly to discuss the day's top stories, including how Advance brought down the cocky Greens leader. French President Emmanuel mccron meets with Siria's Islam as President and immediately calls for sanctions to be eased. Josh Hammer will be here to discuss that and the latest from the US, and later in the hour Best in the Business Kinsey Schofield, we'll have the latest celebrity and royal news. Left is losing it. We never forget that. It features an update on this woman spoiler she's gone to jail.
Speaker 4: What the what do I have to do Council in order to get respect as a black woman.
Speaker 3: I'm not afraid of anybody here. But first, the Greens have been dealt a terrible blow. The party have been being effectively annihilated from the Lower House. They've gone from holding four seats to just one, falling well short of their stated goal of nine seats, and among the casualties, of course, is former leader Adam Bant losing his seat of Melbourne to Labor. Conservative Lobby group Advances claimed responsibility. I've done no, my home was never on the ground.
Speaker 1: I'm not nor myle was never on the.
Speaker 5: I've got now was by Matthew she In advents a Stradia camera.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for more on this is the panel, Sky News contributor Gary Hardgrave and Menzies Research Center scene Fella Nikata. Gary, I'll start with you. Advance ran an effective campaign. Their goal was to get the Greens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're going to take credit for it. But Australia got the Greens and I'm not sure they're actually even going to hold that one seat of Ryan that I think is still a bit up in the air. Labor is probably more likely to end up with that seat, which will make it interesting. But look, you know, in the end, it was all about it. If you came second or third, you won. In Ryan, for instance, the Liberal candidate was six thousand votes in front of but the Greens and Labor. If you're going to go with the sort of don't really like Australia stuff. You're going to go with the kind of name calling, juvenile university politics stuff. People are going to judge you poorly, and I must have been. I'm a bit surprised about Max Chandler May that everyone told me, Everyone told me he was a guru, he was never going to lose. I'm actually right now in the electorate of Griffin. He was never going to lose. That everyone told me he's gone. So you know, in the end the guru has gone. Who him? But I just say it is purely by the way the numbers fell. The nasty left is out, that's good, but a lot of it's still in labor and that's not so good. We'll see how that rolls over the next three years.
Speaker 3: Well, Nick, everyone thought Adam Bant was pretty safe as well. I don't know, maybe he should have hosted less dance parties and occasionally made an appearance in his electorate.
Speaker 6: Look, I'm trying, reader to show the necessary compassion that one should always show to somebody who loses their job suddenly. But I'm struggling. I'm struggling. I have to admit it. It's a terrific move and I will just give a shout out to Advance. They did play a major role behind the scenes in this whole exercise, and they haven't got the credit. Advance, if you remember, is of course a big player too in the Voice debate. They are really become a very powerful force for good in the political debate, much as Get Up used to be on the other side. But where's get Up now? I mean I heard here. They're really on the ropes and possibly going to fold.
Speaker 3: So it's great.
Speaker 6: It's great to see the people on the conservative center right do something really well in this space because we need that uplift, don't we after this rather dismal campaign.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, Advanced are clever in how they do things. They have limited resources, it seems, but they get maximum bang for their buck. We saw it during the Voice campaign. We saw it with their social media work. During this campaign, of course, their target was primarily to get the Greens. The Greens. I've been plunged into crisis mode with the party blaming liberal and one Nation preferences for losing their leader instead of I don't know, taking a moment to reflect on their missteps. One labor saucer said of Adam Bant and his party. It turns out being morally superior has a shelf life. Blame Labor, he'll blame the Liberals, He'll blame voters, but he'll never blame himself. That quote given to the Australian newspaper Gary. The Australian is reporting that Larissa Waters the Senate leader the South Australian Senator Sarah Hanson Young. They're the two front runners to be the new leader. Also, Marine Ferruki is in the running.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, if she's the answer, how stupid's the question? Look, I would reckon Larissa Waters is probably most likely out of Queensland. She's been around a lot and she's won her return for six more years in the Senate. But that's it. They've gone from the house. There are absolutely no use to anybody when it comes to the Labor Party government. And I think that's probably, to be fair, a good thing that the Labor Party can govern in their own right. Everything is their own goal or otherwise. But in the Senate different matter, and the Greens will try and tear them from to the left. We'll probably see more taxes on super unrealized capital gains, tax taxes on housing, all those things. The Greens have been hoping and are wishing for for years because the Labor Left, which is half the caucus, is going to go mad during this term. Albo says he's going to govern for all Australians, but only if the Left and his party room lets him. And that's going to be the problem because the Labor Party is fundamentally attached to the idea of redistribution of wealth, taxing people who lift and giving it to people who lean, and that is your problem. They're going to run out of other people's money at some stage. So you know, my grandchildren, I've got a couple of another one soon to arrive. They're going to be asking the years from now, doo'd you do? Granddad? Well, I've had to go. I spoke to rid A Pana here, I was with Nick Kata. I've had a try. But their children and maybe their children's children are still going to be paying off the debt that's going to be clocked up over the next three years thanks to the Labor Left. Nick.
Speaker 3: He makes an excellent point there, does Gary. The Greens are probably going to have the balance of power in the Senate, and if Labor opts to deal with them as opposed to the other crossbenches or doing deals with the coalition. We may have a government that is even more radically left than the one we've seen in the last three years.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this is a symbolic victory in the lower House, of course, with the size of majority that Anthony Albaneze is going to have, you know, Adam Banton his chums would have been triddling their fingers really in there. The real work will be done in the upper House, where as you say, they've got the balance of power, so Labor will be inclined to move further to the radical left. And don't forget there's a lot of people within their own party, within their own backbench now who really should be in the Green Party. But I guess they wanted to be in Labor because they've got more chance of actually being in government. So that's something to watch out for. But I would give some free advice to Larissa Waters. I assume, like the rest of us, she never misses an episode of your show, Reta. But my advice is this, get back to the tree hugging, you know. I mean, I don't think I ever saw rightaway with the Greens, but they are much nicer bunch when they're actually trying to save nature, which we'd all like to do, and do it without fear or favor. So when they're bulldozing bits of native forest to put up wind farms, you should be out on the streets. You should be out snarling in front of the bulldozers for that. Let's see this old style Bob Brown. I never thought I'd be yearning for the return of Bob Brown, but please, that's where they should be going.
Speaker 3: Oh yes, we missed Bob Brown these days. Now, the Senate battle for Tasmania's two remaining seats is heating up Jackie Lamby and Lee Hanson. That's Pauline Hanson's daughter, Lee Hanson. Among the four remaining candidates, two seats have already gone to Labor, one to the Liberals, and one of the Greens. Amid the Senate battle, Pauline Hanson has hit out at Lamby's saying that she votes with the Greens or the Labor Party and she doesn't have any idea about the policies. Nick, I'll start with you. Jackie Lamby has provided me with plenty of content, particularly for Left. He's losing it. But will she be much of a loss. If she doesn't make it.
Speaker 6: It should be a loss to you're show reader, but not to the Parliament in fact. And I don't know. I don't know Pauline's I don't know Pauline's daughter at all, but I just take it that if she's a chip off the old block, I think i'd rather up her. It's nice to see Pauline Hanson. She's behaving like a soccer mum, isn't she. She's sort of, you know, like you go to these kick soccer games and the parents are yelling from the touch line. It seems to me what she's doing here. But good hon her, and good on her daughter for having the courage to stand, and good on the Tasmanian people for recognizing somebody who will really represent their interests as opposed to somebody who votes with labor Green's whoever, and just looks always rather wild and angry.
Speaker 3: And makes some of the most demented comments I have heard. Remember when she wanted to lock up Elon Musk for having free speech on X. I mean, incredible antics, Gary, You've got to say about Tasmania though, I mean they're an example of why the Senate is called unrepresentative swill as Paul Keating said some years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well he did say it, and I get what he says. But look, that's the deal we've signed up. Our constitution says first states, the six first ones under the constitution all got twelve senators. Well originally it was ten. So you know, I also would quote what Graham Richardson observed, and I'm sure I'm not misreading or misrepresenting Richo. He was concerned when Labor brought in extra senators for each state by increasing the size of the House of Representatives in nineteen eighty four. He said, we're going to rule the day. We're going to end up with some crazy people in the Senate. Now you know, make of that, which I like, but we're going to end up with a few interesting results. And so one of the best things that could be done, if we were serious about what was good for Australia is to actually reform the parliament. Fewer members in the House, drive down the numbers in the Senate, actually have fewer senators, and that way you needed a bigger chunk of vote to get elected. You'd be more mainstream automatically, and you wouldn't have some of the kind of well entertaining for the readA Panahy show kind of contributions from some people in the Senate just saying but look, I'm not rewriting the Electoral Act right now, but if they want me to, I could bring in first past the post voting, make it non compulsory voting. These sorts of things I think are all part of the reform. But winners are never going to change the system that got them across the line.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, those last two suggestions I think are very sensible. Indeed, first past the post and make it optional. Why should you be forced to vote with the threat of a fine. Now I want to bring to your attention a couple of pieces in the Australian News paper and see where you stand on this debate. Paul Kelly has argued in his column that the Liberals must return to the Howard concept of the broad church in order to win. He writes that its revival is the only viable strategy because it opens the lens wide. It is inclusive, It incorporates both the liberal and conservative traditions. It offers a broad basis for public policy and a welcoming window for a wide range of Australians. It would open the party to the country, not shut its doors. Nick, is it a little bit naive? Naive? Hasn't the political landscape changed markedly since those Howard years? You could argue one of the Liberals' biggest issues is at an identity crisis, where they try to be all things to all people.
Speaker 6: I suppose I'm going to side with Paul on this. The thing is, reader, we have a west is the system. Westminster systems work a lot better when you have two major parties and people join those parties with different views and they argue that toss within them. I am all for the broad Church, but on this condition that everybody who wants to be in that broad church number one has to subscribe to liberal values and number two has to want the party to win the next election. Because I sense there are people on the so called moderate friends of the party who sometimes look to me as if they don't want the party to win, and they'll sabotage it at every opportunity. And that's what's going on right at the moment over this, you know, this unseemly battle over the leadership, which which you know, I mean, just have that discussion respectfully behind closed doors, because the longer this goes on, the more vicious it is, and there's some horrible, horrible stuff being thrown around to Angus Taylor, completely unwarranted. But as long as this goes on Rita, the longer it'll be before the party ever has a chance of getting back at it. And I personally support the Liberal Party because I think they're better in government than Labor, full stop, and I don't want to see him in opposition a day longer than they have to be.
Speaker 3: Well, you say you disagree with my take, but what you're arguing for is I think some sense of uniformity within the party. Obviously going to have people with different passions, different points of view, but if they have to subscribe to the Liberal position and they have to be disciplined and loyal, then that is very different to the sort of broad Church we have seen in recent years, where there is the infighting, the moderates trying to get rid of the Conservatives, the wide anting that's happened. And I've got to say this piece by Janet Orbrickson in The Australian is I think far more sensible advice. She argues that without a firm foundation of values. A political party is just a house of cards, and that instead of the Liberal party running from the culture war, they need to embrace them. She writes, everything is about culture. What kind of country do you want to be? If liberals don't start embracing that, explaining policies through the prism of what kind of culture we want, they may as well fold their tent and save donors a heck of a lot of money. Gary, how do you see it? What is the path forward for the liberals? How can they become electable again after this catastrophic result.
Speaker 1: They've got to stand for stuff, although fall for everything. And look, I understand next point, and I also understand Paul Kelly's point. And in theory, the concept of the broad church is okay. But my caveats are this, You've got to have purpose, you've got to have passion, you have vision, you've got to be authentic. And so they can have a broad range of personalities, a broad range of policies, positions, and I guess a broad range of moderate to more conservative views exercise. But in the end you've got to actually galvanize all of that for a purpose. And the purpose has to be Australia and so the Liberal Party desperately needs that kind of strength of leadership. When Sir Robert A. Mensis was around, the leadership was against the extreme left, the communists. He took all of that on. I remember reading Jim Killen's first speech in early nineteen fifty six. I wasn't around, but I read it years later. You know where he was talking about the fight between mainland China and Free China, Taiwan and China. He was right onto the whole kind of threat of the reds that were coming for us, the way that society would change. John Howard equally also galvanized Australians for a purpose. So a broad church got behind a leader, and that's what we need. We need to have a strength of leadership, authenticity, values based, to Janet Olbrigson's excellent point, values based, and to own the australianisms associated with everything. Stop the world trying to interfere with us, Make Australia for Australia, make it great again. Can I say that? I mean, you can't do it. Why are we getting so scared? Every first bit of criticism from the left.
Speaker 3: Well, this seems to be the problem. They're so terrified of some sort of media backlash, backlash from people who will never back them in the activist class academia, and they scared to actually have an authentic, principal, strong position that is dramatically different to labor. And we saw that at this election. We saw them go with this small target strategy. It was a disaster. And yet you've got all these hacks in the media telling them to do more of that, to veer even more to the left, to try to appeal to voters who are never going to back them. Gentlemen, Gary Hartgrave Nicasia, thanks for your time tonight, stilta karma Lefties losing at class. French President Emmanuel mccron meets with Sirius Islamus President the brilliant Josh Hammer joins me. Next, you're watching the Reader Panehy Show, and it's time for left is losing it now. This is just maddening. First, the heartbreaking story of two young siblings missing in Nova Scotia for the better part of a week. Canadian police are beginning to scale back search efforts. They say there are low odds that children will still be alive. But listen to how they start a press conference into this tragic story with a inane land acknowledgment. This is Canada.
Speaker 8: First, I acknowledge that we are in mcmagi the traditional and unsuited and sacral territory of the Migmah people. I also recognize that African Nova Scotians are a distinct people whose histories, legacies, and contributions have enriched that part of Mcmagie known as Nova Scotia for over four hundred years.
Speaker 3: Yep. Canada a country that has suffered enormous damage thanks to the far left policies of the Trudeau government, and they just voted for more of this same Let's look at a couple celebrating Mark Carney's big win Canada.
Speaker 4: You hit it.
Speaker 9: You chose over hate, unity over.
Speaker 3: Division Trump techno.
Speaker 10: This is what democracy looks like.
Speaker 4: Mark Kearney is the leader of Canada and what the world needs right now, someone.
Speaker 11: That's ready to stand strong against Trump and defend democracy.
Speaker 2: Tonight, Canada sent a.
Speaker 8: Message Tyranny doesn't win here, Fear doesn't win here, division doesn't win here.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 3: I've tried all weeks to save you from the dangerous, weapon grade levels of cringe of this following interview a podcast featuring Meghan Markel but alas we must all suffer together. Here is Meghan talking to a woman called Jamie kern Limo, who seems to be even more fake and insufferable than the Duchess.
Speaker 12: Very first question, because I think in friendship it's so important, and I think so many people also have this question for you, is.
Speaker 3: You know, Meghan? How are you? And I'm okay, that's so kind.
Speaker 4: I am.
Speaker 13: I'm better than okay. How are you?
Speaker 3: I know?
Speaker 12: You eyes make it about me today, which, by the way, I just have to say, you are the most generous friend. You show up for your friends. Today I just get to talk about you.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm excited about Yes, it really is that all fool The whole hour long ordeal may have even been longer. May have blacked out from smacking myself in the head. How else are you supposed to deal with trip like this?
Speaker 13: Oh my gosh. I work so hard, and I appreciate what hard work looks like. I like working hard, and I'm still working hard. Right the moment that everything sells out, it doesn't mean that we're done. Yeah, it means we're working on replenishment. And what are the next cues and what's the next tranch of products and what's the timing on that, and writing the newsletters and writing the social media captions and making sure that all that appeels in line and what's the cadence of it, and what's the photography that we want to do and what do I want to wear for those shoots, while also editing all the time coded notes for season two of With Love Meghan, and then being an edits for the podcast and making and being a mom and a wife and a friend. Those are all jobs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Meghan wants you to know that she's so busy. She's got no staff, She's out there writing the social media captions herself, so so busy. And don't forget she's a princess too, and Harry is slaying dragons to rescue her.
Speaker 13: You know what we've built. We've built a beautiful life and we have two healthy, beautiful children. And you know, I always think about it like the end of Super Mario Brothers, when you get to the final final level, what's the goal? And Super Mario they're like, slay the dragon and save the princess. I'm like, that's my husband who is.
Speaker 3: Harry, rescuing her from the family she abandoned before making him abandon his. But don't feel too sorry for Prince Harry. This is a middle aged man, after all, is about forty, chose to embarrass his family, brought tons of grief to the ailing grandmother who supported him throughout his life, Queen Elizabeth iiO in her final days, and he now wants to rewrite history.
Speaker 6: You accuse members of your family of racism. You don't even know well.
Speaker 9: The British press said that, right, I did Megan never mention the races?
Speaker 1: She said there were troubling comments about about her skin color?
Speaker 3: Right? Does he think we've forgotten this diabolical travesty?
Speaker 13: Concerns and conversations about how dark his skin might be when he's born.
Speaker 3: What who is having that conversation? There is a conversation to hold up?
Speaker 13: There are several conversations.
Speaker 14: There's a conversation with you with Harry about how dark your baby is going to be.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for some miss Andrew. Here is a young lass who dreams of the world without men.
Speaker 7: And are not going to like me for saying this, But you know what, I don't care America. I think it's time we form a state where only women can live.
Speaker 3: No men allows.
Speaker 7: It's an estrogen field utopia where we can all finally live in peace.
Speaker 3: Oh, that sounds pretty boring to men. I'm not sure which ladies are going to sign up to do these very necessary jobs. Oh, I think we need to see more of this oil reg work for our education purposes. Of course. Now you may recall our favorite lefty losing at Boston City councilor Tanny Anderson. If you don't remember her, let's have a look at her previous work. People are not innocent until proven guilty. People are guilty first. People are crucified.
Speaker 4: People are lynched, Same old tricks, same masters, though, fight.
Speaker 3: Don't fight. What do I have to do in the city council in.
Speaker 4: Order to get respect as a black woman. I'm not afraid of anybody here.
Speaker 3: Well, she's off to prison, folks. She's pled guilty to federal corruption charges, but remarkably, she hasn't resigned as a counselor. While she reflects on her.
Speaker 11: Pain tonight, Boston City Councilor Tanya Fernandez Henderson says she loves her constituents and isn't sure when she'll resign.
Speaker 3: WBC's Julia McDonald has the latest on the saga that has rock City Hall to make I love you, I Love you dearly.
Speaker 10: Outside of federal court Monday, after pleading guilty to corruption charges, Boston City council or Tanya Fernandez Anderson said she's reflecting on her faith and practicing gratitude for the paint.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Newsweek Senior editor at Large and Article three Projects Senior Council Josh Hamma. Josh. She wielded her official powers for her own financial gain. She was divisive, She was a race faiting politician, really the worst of the modern left.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's like one of those or Willian Frankenstein like concoctions, right, I mean it's all like the absolute worst ingredients producing this one particularly iniquitous and just genuinely horrific public official. I mean, this really does have all the various ingredients. I mean, someone who is wielding Hunter biden Sq corruption, but doing it through official power, not even under kind of the auspices of your parents, as Hunter Biden was doing and when he was trafficking buying family influence. She's literally just wielding power there, and she plucked guilty. I have no idea what her particular argument is. I have a sneaking suspicion as to why she thinks that she can get away with it, especially in a very blue city like Boston, Massachusetts. You know, I mean, she's she's ranking, based on what I can see here on this clip read, she's ranking pretty high in the intersectional dei totem pole. So I suspect that the good liberals at Harvard University and MIT and all the various other dens of Marxist iniquity there in Boston, Massachusetts are probably going to support here through thick and thin there. That's probably why she can get away with it there. But it really is just the perfect encapsulation of all that is wrong with the contemporary American left, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Let's go to New York now sanctuary city and other sanctuary city, and it's a more gang of violence. This time we've had illegal immigrant, some very young ones, at targeting police offices.
Speaker 6: Well, new video out of New York City tonight of teenage Venezuelan and migrants alleged to be trend de Ragua gang members attacking two NYPD officers.
Speaker 3: In Times Josh the officers were attacked while trying to break up a wolf pack star robbery. Tell me about these offenders, this sort of violence that we're saying. Some of the members of this gang at Tinage just somewhere as young as.
Speaker 9: Twelve, So Trendy or Augula. Just so everyone is aware, this is the Venezuelan gang. They are on the same level as MS thirteen is among the most absolutely vicious transnational criminal gangs in the entire Western hemisphere. MS thirteen has his origins in El Salvador, and trendyar Augua has his origins in Venezuela. So this is the very gang actually that Donald Trump made a lot of headlines a couple months ago for for invoking the eighteenth century Alien Enemies Acts, this kind of older statute, which will allow him in theory, if he was not facing an unprecedented judicial insurrection. In theory, invoking the statute would allow him to expedite these highly necessary deportations. So the point, rita is that have Donald Trump and his and his DHS, his Ice, Tom Home and the borders are Christy Noah at d if they have been able to do their job, if these Article three Black robed oracle judicial tyrants had allowed the executive branch to actually enforce this nation's immigration law. I think it's entirely possible that that footage never would have existed. These people, It's entirely possible they never would have been. In fact, it's quite likely that they would never have been in this country in the first place.
Speaker 8: There.
Speaker 9: But unfortunately, when it comes to a city like New York City, and I'm from the New York area, most of my family still lives in the area there, this is unfortunately run of the mill here in Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Washington, Boston, which we were just talking about. This is run of the mill stuff in blue city America. The good news someone like, as someone who lives in Florida, I can speak to this. The good news that migration trends in America are away from blue city left wing hell holes like New York City and Los Angeles. People are flocking to cities like Dallas Fort Worth, Texas, like Miami, Florida, South Florida there, and you know, og, I wonder why. It's definitely partially I would say for footage just like this.
Speaker 3: Absolutely Now you mentioned the term judicial insurrection there. I like that. I haven't heard that before. But we do have a constitutional crisis, and it's not emanating from the White House. It is from these activist judges who think that can you surp the power of the president, you surp the democratic process, the will of the American people. How is that traveling? Where are we with that? Well read?
Speaker 9: I'm glad you liked the term. I'm pretty sure that I was one who actually coined it. So I'm quite a hading myself with the term digital insurrection. It's actually caught on a little bit here in American media, but it really is pretty unprecedent. I mean, Donald Trump during his first four years as president from twenty seventeen to twenty twenty one, he faced sixty five so called niche wine injunctions, which by the way, is more than the first forty four presidents combined. And there was a case in twenty eighteen called Trump versus Trump versus Hawaii, the so called travel band case. Justice Clarence Thomas very presciently said in any concurring opinion, he said, you know what, unless this just dies down off it's on a cord, We're going to have to confront this sooner rather than later. This issue of the so called Lower cour and niche Y injunctions. That was seven years ago and here we are and it's still just raging like wildfire. So the good news, potentially, potentially is that next week, on Thursday, there is a birthright citizenship oral argument with the US Supreme Court. But they're not actually going to be arguing the fourteen Amendment merits of birthright citizenship. Rather, this is going to be an argument about the scope of the injunction power of the federal course. This is actually a really golden opportunity if the justices actually wanted to do so, to define what the judicial power in our constitutional order means and what it does not mean. I'm cautiously optimistic they will not let that opportunity go to waste there, But as with all things judicial branch related RIDA, I can only be cautiously optimistic. I've just been burned too many times before to be just particularly gung ho about it either.
Speaker 3: Now let's go back to Times Square and a new piece of public art has been unveiled and it's pretty underwhelming. I've got to say I could use stronger language. Yah tell me The reason isn't behind directing this twelve foot statue of a fictionalized mildly obese black woman in Times Squares. It's not exactly a stunning piece of art the craftsmanship there. It ain't Michelangelo's David, that's for sure. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it really is quite a long way from Michelangelo, isn't it. Look, I mean, this is the whole body positivity movement, right, I mean, I mean this is kind of the whole notion of just trying to exalt people who just kind of just just go with the diet and they don't exercise, and just trying to make it seem like that. Oh, you know, we've discriminated against obese people for so long by having all these flashy ads with the people who are rail thin there, and you're encouraging all these people to be anarext I mean, you know that's the argument there. But in reality, in reality, we want people to be healthy. I mean, last night, Chah, that's the whole Maha make America Healthy Again RFT Junior platform. We don't want to be the most obese country in the world, at least I don't. I don't want America to be the most obese country in the world. But unfortunately, you know, pr stunts like this when you are just exalting morbidity, when you are exalting obesity there, I mean, what do you think is gonna happen there? Frankly, this seems to me to be in fairly direct response actually to the whole RFK Junior Maha phenomenon.
Speaker 4: There.
Speaker 9: They're basically saying, Okay, you know what I mean, are RFK is going to do this in DC when it comes to some vaccine stuff, to food dies all of that there, But you know what, we're going to double down on the notion that it's actually okay to be overweight. The problem, among other things, is that when you exalt obesity in this country there you are straining the healthcare system, and America's healthcare system or entitlement programs Medicare, it's all going bankrupt. So, even if you don't particularly care about health, which you should as a pure fiscal matter, encouraging this sort of stuff it's not a good.
Speaker 3: Idea, now I'm with you there, And just esthetically, it's not a beautiful piece of work. I think anything at time you erect art somewhere, particularly something that's a twelve foot structure. It has to have some beauty about it. I think we've kind of lost track of that. And they used to make beautiful buildings, they make beautiful public pieces of art, and now we've got things like that. Now, let's talk about the Trump administration's tariff policy, particularly the trade war with China. It's working as intended in driving down demand for Chinese made products. Imports from China have dropped dramatically. Josh, what's that going to mean? Now We're going to see shortages, big price hikes. Are you seeing some of those short term impacts? And how far are we from getting some details about trade deals? The administration has been touting that they're not far away.
Speaker 9: Well, I've not personally noticed any retail price hikes yet, but I think a lot of Americans are starting to potentially gear themselves for exactly that sort of thing. In fact, if you look at the international ports they're shipping, it really plummeted after the tariffs were announced, unsurprisingly in mid to late April. But if we actually go back to the March data, it was actually, if I call proptly, there was a pretty large increase actually in imports including from China, because a lot of people were expecting this tariff role out there. So look, we'll see there definitely could be a short term price effect. The good news, as you said, is that Scott bess and to our Treasury secretary, is currently meeting this week with his Chinese counterparts. We'll see what happens. Look, China is ultimately more dependent on the United States than the United States is on China. It would be a tough economic decoupling. I'm not suggesting this is the kind of thing that can easily happen. I'm frankly not suggesting that this is the kind of thing that could happen in the short to near term at all. Frankly, But if America can ultimately become less dependent on its chief art geopolitical rival, a country that literally flies spy balloons across our continent, the country that spies on us through everything from TikTok to Confucius institutes, the campus, if we can get less dependent on them, that is a good thing. And if we can reasure more jobs in the process, that's a doubly good thing.
Speaker 3: Franklin, Now to another example of America First policies from the Trump administration. This one has some Democrats support. It's good to see senat Is Josh Hawley and Peter Welch are producing legislation to force drug companies not to charge high prices in the US than the international average. This war against big farmer, it's extending well beyond RFK Junior.
Speaker 9: Josh, Yeah, this has become this is rapidly become a very aggressive part I think of the new Republican parties platform. But as you mentioned, this is a bipartisan piece of legislation. Cener Holly and Senator Welch, who's a pretty liberal center from the state of Remands. Josh Holly, who personally is one of my absolute favorite senators. I'm a big fan of his. He has very much been the tip of the sphere of a lot more actually of these more shall we say, pop list inclined economic styles of bill legislation that he's had previously previous legislation when it comes to trying to cap credit card fees, a lot of stuff that your typical kind of nineteen eighties nostalgia Republican wouldn't necessarily dream of there. But this is a new breed of Republican. I mean the entire Donald Trump Maga Maha coalition. There. Yeah, it's partially about taking on big pharma for sure, and big Pharma I think it has a lot of bipartis and enemies across the entire spectrum these days in Washington, d C. But it's also just partially about this kind of more economically nationalists, more populars style of economic stake craft as well. The tariff policy certainly fits into that as well. There Again, these are the kind of things that the Republican Party prior to Donald Trump's to send down the gilded escalator of Trump Tower in twenty fifteen, Never in a million years we would dreaming, I mean, thinking back to like the twenty twelve Mitt Romney Paul Ryan platform, the notion of punitive tariffs on other countries, the notion of trying to cap prescription drug prices. I mean, it would have been a totally foreign exercise there. But this is a very very different Republican Party in the year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 3: Very different than neo cons are gone. It's a new GOP, it certainly is. But before you go, I just want to quickly ask you about French President Emmanuel mccron. He hosted the Syrian leader I'med al Shara, and earlier today he called on the US and the European Union to lift sanctions against Syria. Josh, this character, al Shara is an Islamist, he is a former member of al Qaeda. He's got supporters right now targeting religious minorities in Syria. Should he be treated like some dignitary here?
Speaker 9: This is disgusting, I mean, this is just utterly appalling. And unfortunately Emmanuel Macron is not the only person who is treating this al Qaeda jihadi in a suit as some sort of legitimate leader. I mean, you actually had multiple US congressmen who became the first to fly to Damascus to meet with this Islamist thug about a week and a half, two weeks ago or so. So this is rapidly becoming a normalized situation that simply should not be normalized because, among the other things, what you alluded to is totally crap. There's actually been there have been recent massacres. The media is really not reporting this at all. There have been recent massacres of the Syrian Druze population. It's horrific stuff there. Because the current government in Damascus is an Islamist government there. This guy puts on a suit, he talks like he's a Harvard Dei professor, talking about the beauty of diversity there. When it's when it comes to two different types. Assunni Shia Drew's Christians so warth there. He is not a Westerner. This Cau's an Islamist. He was literally a purpatetic Al Qaeda Jihati, going from country to country throughout the Middle East, fighting for various offshoots of al Qaeda, from the original one to al Nusra to HRT And now Emmanuel McCrone is talking about why. I literally don't get it there. The only thing I can think of is that Macron in France they have very unique They have a very unique relationship with Lebanon of course there and Syria. The current government there is very cozy with Hasbola, which still has a major presence in Loveanon there. So maybe that maybe that's that's what's going on here. But it's really quite appalling and dare I say even outright disgusting.
Speaker 3: Josh Hamma, thank you so much for your time tonight. Thank you still to come. Former First Lady Michelle Obama reveals that she's receiving therapy. Kinsey Schofield joins me next Welcome back, Joining Me now celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield Kinsey Former First Lady Michelle Obama has revealed that she's now in therapy in a tell All interview with Jay.
Speaker 14: Shetty, I believe in couples therapy. I believe I believe in it all. Whatever works for you. And at this you know, phase of my life, I'm in therapy right now because I'm transitioning.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm sixty years old.
Speaker 14: I finished a really hard thing in my life with my family intact, I'm an empty nester. My girls are in, you know, they've been launched.
Speaker 3: I didn't know we had to have therapy for each stage of life at Kinsey, what else can you tell me about this interview?
Speaker 11: I can tell you that Joan Rivers would have had a field day with a transitioning clip.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 11: What I can tell you is that the most captivating people are those.
Speaker 3: Who leave room for curiosity.
Speaker 11: You know, mystery invites intrigue and over sharing, demands attention without earning it.
Speaker 3: And no matter how.
Speaker 11: Many headlines she gets with some of these random revelations, whether it's a fight with Barack. It does not help her podcast on the charts. She's a commercial flop so far, and that's why you're seeing her do all of these interviews. But at the end of the day, people are really not interested in what she has to say.
Speaker 3: Now. I think the last election campaign and certainly since the launch of this filing podcast past, it's really diminished her standing and revealed that she's not as wildly popular as the media told us she was for years. Now, let's talk about Anna Winter, the editor in chief of Vogue and chair of the Met Gala. She's snubb singer songwriter Nicole Scherzinger, leaving her out of the sea every look from the Met Gala twenty twenty five red carpet last night in the photo collection there. This comes after the singer caused a bit of an uproar because she expressed her approval of Russell Brand's MAGA styled Make Jesus First Again hat. So it was just a hat that was celebrating Jesus, but apparently that is also something that is unacceptable among the left. At the moment, Kinsey, the Met Gala has become pretty lame, these days, is Anna Winter a big part of why it's lost its luster. It's become a subject of mockery rather than something to admire.
Speaker 11: I mean, she had a stain on her dress, This woman who is apparently everyone is terrified of in the fashion industry, what in turn lost their head this week?
Speaker 3: Is what I want to know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I mean, I think Anna Wintour, along with the met Gala, is way past their cell by date. You know, it's pretentious, it lacks creativity, and I don't You're seeing all the attendees inside taking selfies, which is against the rules, like they're teenagers at prom. Even the celebrities have lost respect for her. I think it is over. It is not the it's not the Princess Diana event that it used to be.
Speaker 3: Now. It used to be something that really turned heads. Everyone wanted to say what the fashions were, everyone wanted to say who was attending. But these days you just look at it and cringe. Eighty percent of it, and the big names don't seem to be going the way they were. There were a lot of people there where I had no idea who they were. They were like contestants on Big Brother that you have to Google to see which celebrity they are. Now, this story with Bill Belichick, I've got to say, I can't get enough of it. This is a football coach, a legend of the game. He's reportedly sidelined his twenty four year old girlfriend, Jordan Hudson after that humiliating CBS interview where she kept interrupting his answers. Now, Bill's seventy three. We're talking about a forty nine year age gap here. He's looking to hire a PR specialist, Kinsey, to take over from Hudson, who's been acting as his PR manager. Tell me more about this relationship. I mean, I'm hearing, I'm hearing comparisons with Jill Biden, doctor Jill saying that might have some elder abuse happening here. That's hilarious.
Speaker 11: Okay, Well, I didn't know this the last time I talked to you, but I did find out.
Speaker 3: They met on a plane.
Speaker 11: She was reading a book and he started talking to her about that book.
Speaker 3: So that's how they met. But here's some of the good gossip.
Speaker 11: He was having a docuseries built around him and this new team he's coaching, this college team. Jordan came in with a list of demands wanted to be heavily involved. Within two days of production, they killed this entire show.
Speaker 3: She was too much for them.
Speaker 11: And then we find out she actually inserted herself in the super Bowl commercial, the Dunkin Donut super Bowl commercial. They reached out to her to try to get to Bill and she wormed her way into the commercial as well.
Speaker 3: So she is drama. Oh, drama with a capital day. My god, yeah, she's But the whole thing is enthralling and slightly creepy. I want to ply this enthrolling clip of actually enthralling is the wrong word for this. It's more hilarious than enthralling. It's adorable. It's Prince Louis making fun of his big brother, Prince George during victory in Europe Day commemorations in London. It's just adorable, the whole thing, the mockery, the death set from the future King there. We love George, but if I could make Prince Louis King tomorrow, I would Kinsey Louis has a way of stealing the show. Tell me about this royal unity that we saw at this event. We had King Charles there, the rest of the royal family all there, to mark the eightieth anniversary of Victory in Europe Day, and it's been interpreted as a power move to send a clear message to Prince Harry and Megan Markle that the family is united.
Speaker 11: Yeah, I don't think that they even I don't even think Prince Harry's on their radar, quite honestly. And that's what I'm hearing. That they gave up on him a long time ago. But seeing you know, the four generations on the balcony, the Duke of Kent, that the King and the Queen and Prince Louis with his without his teeth, it did send a strong message that this family is this family has a long way to go, and that they love each other and that they love their country.
Speaker 3: And I actually have heard, here's.
Speaker 11: A little piece of information I haven't told anybody yet, that Prince Harry is obsessed with this footage. Will watch the footage from the day, will watch to see what they look like on the balcony. Clearly he misses this life and they have moved on.
Speaker 3: I think he has some regrets, though he may not admit it to himself. Off, before you go, this footage of Kanie a West walking out on an interview with PS Morgan has gone viral, understandably, So what do you talk about?
Speaker 2: It's thirty Okay, now you're not taking accountability or response, you know, of course, I no, no, sir. This is what you get for now. We can we can circle back when you can count.
Speaker 3: Okay, Kinsey, we can't be shocked anymore, can we.
Speaker 11: You know, Kanye once said he's more more influential than Picasso, and honestly, his public breakdowns might be his most abstract work yet.
Speaker 3: Kinsey Schofield, thank you so much for your time, and that's all the time I've got. I'll see you at nine pm tomorrow night for Left, He's losing it up. Next it's Newsnight.
Speaker 8: S