Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne, Melbourn. Jason Lauren started morning the right away be great.
Speaker 2: This is Jason Lauren on Melbourne's Nogel one hundred. Well, good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: What Thursday, Good morning, Friday, good j Melbourne's heaving at the moment tonight on a Thursday night, last night there was a basketball du ALEPA was on. Oh yes, it is pumping, it was hot, just on that.
Speaker 1: It was a real mixed bag walking to Melbourne Park last night because I went to the basketball and the dual Leaper fans and the Melbourne United fans.
Speaker 4: You could tell which was which.
Speaker 3: Well, there were so many families off to the basketball and there are lots of families that they were friends with. Your girls were there.
Speaker 4: The clappers just dressed a little differently.
Speaker 1: There not so many basketball single It's a doer different.
Speaker 2: Such a shame. Melbourne United could have taken it out last night.
Speaker 3: But so does that mean they're knocked out?
Speaker 4: No game? It's five games?
Speaker 3: Can they still win?
Speaker 4: You still win it?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 3: What you came in? So sad was over?
Speaker 2: Well he sat there for two hours and no reason last night. And secondly, get wallet or it was close.
Speaker 1: It was close, but they just couldn't get the ball in the ring.
Speaker 3: That's problematic in it's the objective.
Speaker 4: Of the game.
Speaker 2: Can we chat about the basketball coming up in a couple of minutes because I'd like to bring.
Speaker 4: You you're hang on a second in this morning?
Speaker 3: Have you got allergies this morning?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is it me?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Because I actually took you look at his eyes? Have god red?
Speaker 4: You've got stinker?
Speaker 3: I used a different perfume this morning and the other day when I said is it my perfume? You said no, that's the one you wear all the time. And I went home and looked my bench and I was like, no, I used a different one, same one.
Speaker 4: Just give me a look at that.
Speaker 3: Are you allergic to the Britney spree? Is fragrance?
Speaker 4: Is the Britney fragrance? Check my eye?
Speaker 3: Can you? But can you come and smell me and see how good it's? Actually?
Speaker 4: What's what's fragrance?
Speaker 3: It's actually a Louis Tom fragrance. And I bought Paul but it's Uni sex and I liked it.
Speaker 2: Nold buy something that's unisex.
Speaker 4: They're buying it for themselves.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't know it was Uni sex. Until Paul was like, I don't know if I love it. And I was telling my friend. He goes, oh, the lover's fragrance for it's actually for William's first fragrance for for.
Speaker 2: Rell, Forrell little Man.
Speaker 3: Big Hat, little Man, big Hat, and a friend of mine whose starlist said, oh no, that's Uni sex. I was like, thank you.
Speaker 4: Very much, bord a present for myself.
Speaker 3: But you're allergic to it. I think someone getting an anti history. I think he looked like you've been smoking bongs on.
Speaker 4: I wouldn't roll it out. I don't need the anti histama. And we got to the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I want to talk a basket all coming up in a few minutes. Also later on this hour.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, you're proper allergic to me. Tell me to go to another studio. There's no checks. He set it up. I can't do that.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure if I'm swelling up ro to date too much. Last night we're going to talk space. How crazy was that landing yesterday?
Speaker 3: Guys? You missed it. You missed the most magical moment. You guys went to get I was glued to the screens. You guys went to get a coffee.
Speaker 2: I miss Turner and Hooch getting out of the capsule.
Speaker 3: No, you also missed the dolphins chair Butcher and Sonny.
Speaker 4: That is a great movie.
Speaker 3: Great turn about the dogs.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, notice was a dog and the cat.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 3: As that little capsule thing was just floating in the ocean, all these dolphins started circling and jumping in and out, and I was like, how amazing would it be sitting in that capsule looking out the windows watching the dolphins, and everyone was like, they don't have wind. I don't even know it's happening.
Speaker 2: Also, I'd be sitting there worrying about the sharks.
Speaker 4: I'd be worried about sinking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I went thinking they'd come that far.
Speaker 1: Well, that's a that's a problem. That's what they said. When they got to space. They're like, you know, week or two to nine months later any way, an astro physicist, well done on that. He's going to join us.
Speaker 3: Smart for us.
Speaker 4: He's a good one as well. Our astro a bad one. He's in Melbourne. We have him on the show.
Speaker 3: Has he been to NASA?
Speaker 4: I think he might have been there on a Nick scurse.
Speaker 3: That's the h K.
Speaker 4: They'd all go there.
Speaker 2: It's not a thing for astro phys he's a bachelor, you are mad anew Yes.
Speaker 4: He's a striking fellow, isn't.
Speaker 2: He and he's an astro physicist.
Speaker 1: Oh no A S T R O P H Y S I C I S T.
Speaker 3: I think that's right. Yeah, did you put it in a sentence?
Speaker 2: Welcome to your Thursday morning, Keeter Alexander going to join us later on and we've got money to give away. Let's to get into it at TAVA. Welcome morning Melbourne. It is Jason and Lauren clint here as well. We are doing a thanks to Shelle Ready Express. You are on the air here at number one hundred. Guys, we had a bit of rain coming our way today.
Speaker 3: I know, I think it's okay, and then it's going to rain around the.
Speaker 4: Level not great.
Speaker 2: It's going to absolutely buck it down tonight at the g as well.
Speaker 3: So talks and blues.
Speaker 1: Wow, I've did the blues. I think that I think they're going to respond.
Speaker 2: God, you're a sea sawt. This time last week you were bagging them out left right and I'm on the hark.
Speaker 1: I was just using my footy brain, you know, have you guys done your foot tips.
Speaker 2: Yeah, funny you bring that up, Lauren your so I've done my footage the Hawks.
Speaker 3: I think is there anything more boring than talking about.
Speaker 1: This is this is the first year and many years I've done footy tips for this reason because I hate talking about it, but I'm into it this year.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, that's just want to be not over.
Speaker 6: Is it one?
Speaker 3: Round one or two?
Speaker 4: It's round one and a quarter and a quarter.
Speaker 2: Nick the Wizard Watson is going to be on the air with us tomorrow postmatch.
Speaker 3: Looking forward to meeting him. Everyone says he's lovely.
Speaker 2: Let's shift sports basketball. Yeah, Melbourne United. You were there last night.
Speaker 4: Johnny, more than ten thousand fans. There a lot of clappers. I was trying to get you on but they ran out.
Speaker 3: Wow, it's right, he's got some in the boot of his car.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got something downstairs.
Speaker 1: I didn't want to take one off a child. Although there was a I don't want to say elderly man, but he was getting on in years next to me who was fropping on his clapper in my face.
Speaker 3: Fropping on his clapper in your face.
Speaker 4: Oh my god. He just loved it, loved it.
Speaker 3: They aren't irritating those things.
Speaker 2: I do like the Hungry Jacks thing they do at the back with the free birth. So if the opposition team loses their penalty shot, like doesn't get any this is it free throws.
Speaker 4: Yeah, three for three, two of them.
Speaker 3: They're free fries. Their free fries or their three throats.
Speaker 2: I'm getting turned about the free burger.
Speaker 3: Free burgers for free fries.
Speaker 2: Everyone boozed them so because if they missed.
Speaker 3: Twice, how embarrassing.
Speaker 2: Everyone cheering.
Speaker 4: They missed the first one, and then it's.
Speaker 3: Like a crescendo everyone in the crowd, We're.
Speaker 4: Going to get a free burger. And then they missed the second one. They go free burgers.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They bring the free burgers out on trays.
Speaker 4: You get it like.
Speaker 3: The models with the.
Speaker 1: Trade get You get a little code word and you gotta go to Hungry Jack.
Speaker 3: And then in the game it's just one burger. Oh you don't get ten burgers.
Speaker 2: You know what you're onto something, Adam, No, but bring out the trays of burgers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like how cool would that?
Speaker 3: Burgers?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Christmas?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is your prefer you want them to you know, stuff it up in the first ten otherwise those things are going to be cold. Yeah. I was watching last night. I knew Clint was there. And then on the teleony, you.
Speaker 3: Watch it on the TV?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where do you watch it on KO? I wish I watched the Grand Prix on KO because sorry, change of pace. Ye did anyone watch? I was watching it on Channel ten and they went to a three minute ad break at the most pivotal moment of the race when literally they there was there was a slip and slut off they went and they came back for a three minute break and the entire order had flipped. Give miss the whole thing. No, I knew what had happened. I was on the phone to Paul, say.
Speaker 8: Talk me through.
Speaker 3: What's happening anyway, Greade service.
Speaker 2: I was watching KO and then they go, all right, let's check out what celebrities are in their house tonight. Yeah, and then it was internal, let's check out Celebrity Row. And I'm like feeling and I'm looking for I'm looking for the mobile. I'm like, if they put up a funny little.
Speaker 3: Shot of down, you're not in Celebrity Row.
Speaker 4: That was close to it, But.
Speaker 3: Why were you in it? Your Melbourne's biggest celebrity.
Speaker 4: It was a sellout. Lawrence who was in for the question My son didn't recognize. Who do you see? I can't even remember now I'll throw some names at you. Megan Gale was there Celebrity Rods.
Speaker 3: They put her on kiss cam with Sean from.
Speaker 4: Friend of the Show. The Nasi Cock and Archus was there. Oh yeah, he can be in a sling. Just had surgery.
Speaker 2: Again, rightfully so in Celebrity.
Speaker 1: Row Radio and Comedic Royalty. Dave Hughes was there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I love him, but he goes the acting of an ovelope.
Speaker 3: And in a box somewhere, shouldn't he?
Speaker 4: And the only other people I saw with the Melbourne Vixen's the Netballs.
Speaker 3: They picked you in the front run they did.
Speaker 4: Yep, they deserve it. That's their court.
Speaker 2: Yes, are you right?
Speaker 3: I'm going to pick like sixteen seventeen.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of celebrity, a lot of celebrities people.
Speaker 3: Well look, hang on, you only mentioned three people. Sure, there's like forty six.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was so far away from them.
Speaker 3: We need to get you moved up to the world.
Speaker 2: We need to get you on those little leather rebox seats.
Speaker 3: Oh they look, Bougie, the reclinents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you've got to post nine things about it. But how good luck to Melbourne United? Are they going to be playing in Illawara?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 9: So?
Speaker 3: I think in Illawarra? Where's Illa Wora?
Speaker 4: Just out of Sydney? The Hunter? Is it the Hunter?
Speaker 3: And who are they playing?
Speaker 4: Ila? Oh? What do you mean?
Speaker 3: That's the team?
Speaker 4: Yes, playing again in the city.
Speaker 3: Oh so that's the Grand.
Speaker 4: Final in the region, Region Region.
Speaker 3: That's the Grand Final.
Speaker 2: Confusion here, I'm just trying to keep it simple.
Speaker 3: The Grand Finals in Illa Wora.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the region and technically the grand Father was last night as well. No, it's a championship.
Speaker 3: Series, but this is the final decider.
Speaker 4: This is the final of the final.
Speaker 3: How did Illa Warrior get it? Surely Melbourne is a bigger metropolis than.
Speaker 4: They qualify here all day?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, she's here.
Speaker 2: Played again last night in Melbourne. Still with a couple of shows to go keep your eyes out for if you're around town.
Speaker 3: I know. Also, did you guys see fat Boy Slim at the chip shop in Saint Kildore. I saw fat Boy everywhere?
Speaker 2: So what's ago? Just just wrapped up a flake.
Speaker 4: It was like hungy doors.
Speaker 3: The streets were it's called the chip shop in Fulder.
Speaker 4: Yes, and I saw there was a chews.
Speaker 3: Yes it was, and people it was what's her name?
Speaker 4: Laura.
Speaker 2: I'm like, this is the news? Why are we crossing to a rave?
Speaker 3: That it was cool? I loved it. It's very Melbourne. And look at all the people everywhere.
Speaker 4: It was nuts insane that.
Speaker 3: There he was having the time of his last.
Speaker 4: Question question could I still order? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I hope you would.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, excuse me, excuse me, excuse me. The mind thank you.
Speaker 3: The u Ber Eights driver wouldn't have got in no way.
Speaker 2: Hey guys, there's a movie that screams our upbringing. Yeah, yes, yeah it does.
Speaker 3: When when did the original Happy gil Will come out? I mean I have a guess and say two thousand and two.
Speaker 4: Oh you reckon? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like you closed nineteen ninety six. Really yep six it was the first.
Speaker 3: Well I was in year four.
Speaker 2: The trailer is officially out for Happy Gilmore too.
Speaker 4: I haven't sworn a coven years. I'm a little intimidated.
Speaker 2: All these guys in it big now, I don't know where to start.
Speaker 4: Come on, brother, grip it and rip it.
Speaker 6: I guess I need to update my happy place to something a little more age appropriate.
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety dep so thirty years in between. Ye, that's lom Ti.
Speaker 4: I mean he's looking older.
Speaker 3: But he's still thought he's actually in the trailer. I thought he looked quite good at it.
Speaker 4: Yeah he did.
Speaker 2: Travis Kelsey's in it too, Sorry really, Yes, makes a cameo.
Speaker 4: Travis is a golfer.
Speaker 2: No, no, I think he works. Yeah, he works at like no in the clubhouse.
Speaker 4: Like a lot of the PGA players are also making, which is cool.
Speaker 3: I love that. So he's a Netflix film. I love Netflix movies. They do them very well.
Speaker 2: Which surprises me because you really don't see a lot of movies. Unless it's a rom com based around Christmas, you haven't seen it. So today the Adam Sandler version of Testing Lawrence.
Speaker 3: And I do love Adam Sandler.
Speaker 2: We will play you a grab from an Adam Sandler movie. You just need to tell us which one solve.
Speaker 4: No problem begins.
Speaker 3: I want to say Billy Madison, but I think I'm wrong.
Speaker 4: You are wrong.
Speaker 3: He is he the teacher in it?
Speaker 2: Well, there's a kid in it?
Speaker 1: Mm.
Speaker 3: Played again?
Speaker 2: It's got the In the title, there is the word.
Speaker 3: Big mister big, No, mister big. That's from Sex and the City.
Speaker 2: Really big daddy, big daddy, big daddy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I have not seen that in your movie, Daddy.
Speaker 4: Maybe number two. That's it.
Speaker 10: No more video games, no more cell phone from now, stay outside and play will be supp Do.
Speaker 3: You see a rope in a lake and that doesn't make you want to go nuts? Oh god, it's not. I don't know. Give me a hint.
Speaker 2: They brought out a and they brought out number two, so there was a Yeah, what's it about? I'll tell you. Rob Schneider was in it. A whole bunch of his mates were in it. He produced it because it was one. It was so successful. He brought cars for Chris Rock was in it.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Grown ups haven't seen it.
Speaker 4: Haven't you a great movie?
Speaker 3: Grown up?
Speaker 4: One of her ilk like her sort of I.
Speaker 2: Do god this better?
Speaker 11: I didn't silky and smooth, really really stop looking at That's when he looks at the Billy Madison.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Score.
Speaker 2: To wrap it up, my personal favorite, I was petting my wallece some morning and I was thinking about you.
Speaker 4: The whole time.
Speaker 7: Okay, perfect, I think that you should leave what I'm just soiving around because what we talked about yesterday.
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Come on, shallow, help he's similar?
Speaker 1: Is it?
Speaker 4: No? Not similar?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 3: If you first dates, Hi, I'm Tom, Yes, Hi, I'm Tom.
Speaker 4: How is fat winner yees On?
Speaker 3: Robot? Is he in that note?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: No, he's not in that Jack Black Jack Black.
Speaker 1: There was a bit of crossover in that segment. There's a bit of loss his lips in that segment, sort of.
Speaker 3: He helped me with fifty first dates. Clint, I'll never help you again.
Speaker 4: Well, I just thought i'd just plug our other segment, Treble and Paranos.
Speaker 3: It is just gone, Mom and dad of fighting twenty eight past six.
Speaker 2: We'll check your underwork, latest in news, and then they are home.
Speaker 3: They're back.
Speaker 4: I know Turner, Sonny and Cheer. What's the name?
Speaker 3: They are named Sonny and Tiepo, But what's his name?
Speaker 8: Book?
Speaker 2: The astronauts arrived back yesterday morning.
Speaker 4: We're going to be joined by.
Speaker 2: An astrophysicist to break it all down coming up on Nov jt morning. Everyone. You see he was playing goldening. He was playing golf on a private line airborne.
Speaker 3: Oh was that justin Timberlake. Then I saw that, I thought it.
Speaker 4: Was just no, no, it was justin Timberlake.
Speaker 3: I'm Justin's mixing.
Speaker 2: Bebe was a Disneyland Timberlake was playing golf in the air.
Speaker 3: It is quite a good part of that one, actually wasn't.
Speaker 2: Right up eighteen to seven, you're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well.
Speaker 4: You're listening to Nov. One hundred and they are home and splashdown, crew back, Honor Jesus.
Speaker 1: Waiting in the sky FACEBAX, screens down.
Speaker 7: Good copy, flashdown, we see main shoots cut, Nick, Alex Butch, Sonny on behalf of bafect, welcome home, and there you have it. The side hatch is open for the first time since September.
Speaker 12: Oh, looks like we're getting our next crew member here. That is none other than Sonny Williams. Big smile, big waves. She, like her other crew members, now will be assisted onto the mobility aid.
Speaker 7: There we have it, some waves, some thumbs up and some smilest.
Speaker 3: Well you did you when got some food and missed a key moment of it. But I was glued to the screen.
Speaker 2: I saw him was shy. Let's bring in Professor Alan Duffy. Now, good morning, professor, watch day yesterday.
Speaker 4: I'm gathering it all went to plan.
Speaker 6: Yes, good morning. It was a great outcut, absolutely perfect the orbit landing and they even got a pod of dolphins to greet them, which is one of the more surreal experiences.
Speaker 4: It was incredible, right.
Speaker 3: It was like watching a movie watching that whole scene play out. As an expert in the field, were you watching it with any nerves or trepidation or did you just know that it was going to work out?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No, I was worried for the crew. There's a few stages which are incredibly dangerous. That there's the one where you're coming from essentially twenty eight thousand kilometers an hour and slowing down, burning through the atmosphere. That's very dangerous. I guess the sixteen hundred degrees on the outside, they're flames flicking up over the windows. These are the really dangerous, which.
Speaker 4: Is why it looked like a bit of a burnt marshmallow. Right.
Speaker 1: What's happening to your body when you're traveling that quickly?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So, look, you're getting an incredibly violent rollercoaster. It's been described as so the crew are coming from this kind of serene experience sitting in orbit. They haven't walked for nine months, they haven't felt gravity. The way of gravity is they've become very frail. And then they have to go through that on the way down, which becomes an extremely grueling physical experience.
Speaker 4: Just two minutes and it's over.
Speaker 2: What was about to say, how long would that part be? Just the two minutes because all that was it a seventeen hour trip home.
Speaker 6: Yes, so seventeen hours of agonizingly boring I think, but tension building orbits of the Earth getting ever closer, until finally they go in for that last plunge through the atmosphere.
Speaker 1: So they press the button like they decide when they plunge.
Speaker 6: No, they've got no control there.
Speaker 3: They just strapped in.
Speaker 6: They're strapped in the moment und dogs from the space station. They've got a seventeen hour automated roller coaster.
Speaker 2: This might be a stupid question, go here we go. Is there any sort of on board entertainment.
Speaker 4: You're going to ask for seventeen hours?
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Like you download a podcast or something, wouldn't you.
Speaker 4: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: Look, there's a lot of there's a lot of.
Speaker 6: Screens monitors on board the Dragon particularly it's it's dragging. Yeah, they're Dragon Capsule. It's made by Spaceic, same as el Master, it's the same as tells us. So there's screens that it looks like an incredible tesla. And so but my understanding is there are no entertainment, there's no movie streaming. You might sneak a podcasts through the earpiece, but I think they probably would prefer the astronauts wow, focusing on the mission.
Speaker 3: So it's obviously, like you said, like a violent rollercoaster for a couple of minutes coming in and then you saw those we also those extraordinary pictures of them floating down to land in the ocean. Obviously coming in through the atmosphere is very dangerous. What about the parrot, Like the parachutes to me just looked so basic. Is that like, were you scaring that part or once the parachutes had come out, were you like, no, we are safe as houses now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, it was the big moment for the parachutes are the deployment When they fully perfectly deploys and you get four them, then you know you're fine. But yes, there was always there's always a sort of a heart in the mouth moment watching for the deployment. If they tangle, then a very bad day. So yes, thankfully it was a perfect ployment. There's even if you lose one you can still descend safely. But yes, that was another scary moment for sure.
Speaker 2: We are on the air with Professor Alan Duffy this morning. We are talking about Butcher and Sunny, the astronauts returning to Earth after what nine months. They were saying, because you know, zero gravity nine months, they wouldn't be able to obviously walk straight away. But then I've just seen shots this morning of them getting off a plane back at NASA. So is that almost like a pins and needles job You just got to slowly work your legs until they kick in or would they just have no muscle?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 6: So there's two issues they're facing. The first is that sitting on board the space station, they haven't felt the weight of gravity quite literally, I mean their bodies have been floating for nine months, meaning they've become frailer. The muscles have wasted away, the bones have even become less dense. They've aged, essentially have become very frail. On the other challenge, they also don't they haven't walked for enumens. They haven't got a sense of down, a direction of down. So once they finally get on the Earth and their bodies are feeling this is the direction down, it confuses their inn ear. They get unbalanced. In other words, they have to regain their land legs, and they're all come off swaying and very confused as well as frail. So if they then do full they really can hurt themselves, which is usually why they're off in stretchers or wheelchairs of aptural and that key key first few hours.
Speaker 1: Hey, professor, what did they because they were stuck up there for so much longer than they anticipated, were they given extra tasks? Like did they achieve anything that they weren't actually initially set out to do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's great stuation. They had lots of duties. They pulled their weight while up there. There's always task to fix this aging space station, but in particular there are a lot of science experience. I think Butcher clocked nine hundred hours of science experimentation up there. My own unie Swinder and we actually fly up experiments every year to the space station with schools across the country. So these are Sadly, I'm not sure that any of ours were getting helped by bus.
Speaker 4: That would be in a cool moment.
Speaker 6: But yes, there's a lot of science done on board the space station.
Speaker 3: Exactly were they how far away were land? Yeah? From Earth? Were they on the space station?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So the space station orbits about four hundred kilometers above our heads.
Speaker 4: It doesn't lap.
Speaker 6: It's really a few hours at highway speeds to get up there. It's a very in fact, it's close enough and it's big enough the space station that during sunset, if the timing is just right, you can actually see the space station overhead. Is this the brightest star in the night sky? And it will slowly move across across the sky a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Space freaks man, that's.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: I recently watched Matt Damon in The Martian where he grew the potatoes because he.
Speaker 4: Was stuck on Mars.
Speaker 2: Enough food at the space station for the nine months they were stuck their head.
Speaker 4: How did they go with supplies?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Look, they do grow a little bit of food up there.
Speaker 4: Mostly let us and other.
Speaker 6: Other perishables get some you know, actual variety in their diet. Most of it. Yes, it's packaged up. It's their little squishy food food. It's not great. It doesn't look very fun. Well, the biggest challenge is they can't. We've got no sense of taste or smell because without gravity to pull the fluids from your head to your feet like we have every day, it just builds up. It swells your sinuses. It's like you've got a cold for nine months. You cannot smell or taste anything.
Speaker 3: Oh would be so fit if we couldn't smell or taste I, professor bro Bro Professor, do you believe in aliens?
Speaker 4: I do?
Speaker 6: I think there are so many habitable We have now discovered so many twins of the Earth in our galaxy alone. We've not yet found life on any of them. But the chances are billions to one against, so I think the stats have to play out.
Speaker 3: The way as really working on getting to Mars. Do you think he's going to get there in our lifetime?
Speaker 6: I actually think he does. He's a billionaire who has the most powerful rocket in the world.
Speaker 3: We're taking the Tesla's and we're going to Mars.
Speaker 2: Baby Professor our Duffy joining us on the air. Thank you so much. That was a greats. We appreciated that.
Speaker 4: Thanks.
Speaker 3: Thank imagine you.
Speaker 2: Would have had a few yesterday watching that thing, myne, professor.
Speaker 4: I'm actually training for run. I had nothing, I know, but it was it was an what am I going to do?
Speaker 3: Time doesn't count in space, professor, Like the international departures at the airport, Champagne is fun at any time?
Speaker 4: Ma your what?
Speaker 3: Your what?
Speaker 4: She did? The run last night?
Speaker 2: The uber drive where she had to drop the kids off of basketball training.
Speaker 4: No basketball training?
Speaker 3: Is it a drop and run job?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: Last night, she stayed, What do you.
Speaker 3: Do when they're training? As a parent?
Speaker 4: You the fat with other parents?
Speaker 3: What do you sit in the car?
Speaker 4: Or you hit the gram like? I think about it.
Speaker 2: I remember when we used to go to like footage training and stuff, and our parents would have to sit there with the book.
Speaker 4: Ye now, mate, so do you mean.
Speaker 3: There reading a book. I've got a new book sitting on my bedside table. It's been there for two weeks. Haven't opened it yet.
Speaker 2: I'll check in a couple of months. So both kids there, No, just one. Last night she took Cuddy, so I was at home with the other troops. Right when she got there. She had to use another parents phone to give me a ring, and I'm like, oh, Hilda's ringing.
Speaker 4: This is weird.
Speaker 2: And I'm like hey, and she goes, hey, it's me. I'm on Hilda's phone. I must have left my phone at home, so if you're trying to get me.
Speaker 3: Your car so she can't even scroll exactly.
Speaker 2: I was like, Ellwood and we're in Bentley twenty oh, so.
Speaker 3: It's not a burro training or pop home.
Speaker 2: Get the exactly. Now, get this flash forward maybe thirty minutes later. Right, I've forgotten that she doesn't have her phone and I had to ring her about something. I rang her, no answer. She pulls in the driveway a minute later and gets out and goes, hey, I must have my phone in the car somewhere, because I could hear you trying to ring me. And as she's saying this, I look at her car. There it is sitting on top of the car, on the roof, on the room, the roof the whole time where it's been from Bentley to Elwood and Elwood back to Bentley.
Speaker 4: And in the car park sitting there and she's driving along the depend.
Speaker 2: She can hear the phone ring and she's looking at the car its ringing above her head.
Speaker 3: Does she have the suction caps on the back, No, it's.
Speaker 2: Just the mag the roof.
Speaker 3: The roof. It's amazing the amount of times I've driven off, Not so much now in a full drive because I can't reach the roof. But my old card put my phone up there to put petrol in, and I drive off all the time, and you'd hear it, and you go up.
Speaker 13: I get wallets and wallet up there. Cards stayed, part of it stayed. What do you mean, Well, a few cards and notes and that sort of thing went flying.
Speaker 3: And that's so annoying.
Speaker 4: Half of it, Wow, exactly, exactly ridiculous.
Speaker 2: The dog and something about Mary that stayed there on the roof. Remember it was all plasted.
Speaker 3: Oh that's funny. Good for her though, How did she not see it?
Speaker 2: Black car, black phone case. She's driving along ring and she's looking at the roof.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. It is so annoying when you can hear it. Oh you don't know where it is. It's like I know, I tease Paul about losing his ear pods all the time, but it's my favorite thing to do at the moment too. And then I go and find my play the noise and it goes and I'm like, where is that coming from? You know, it really does it? Like three times.
Speaker 2: I almost purchased off the gram the other day, those little pocket things that go down between the Senate console and the seat, so you can get these little things that you know how you're always dropping stuff between the Senate console and the seat.
Speaker 4: This clogs the whole.
Speaker 3: Ah, your eminems won't fall down.
Speaker 2: We won't lose an eminem. Gracie Abrams, that's so true. Just before the song, we were looking for Zara, who'd registered for our three minute thrill. She is called back and she's got the money, two thousand dollars and.
Speaker 3: Saying here, oh my god, my god, Zara. Now did you hear say it? Or did someone have to call you and say, Zara, do you from report west? Mate?
Speaker 14: I'm currently driving into work and I've had to fall off the freeway.
Speaker 4: What are you going to spend the cash on?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 14: Look, I'll be sensible a little bit with bills, but then I might go a little bit praise.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, because you know it was supposed to be thousand dollars. But you can thank the person who didn't answer yesterday because it jack potted to too, so you've won double congratulations.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the money.
Speaker 8: Thank God.
Speaker 2: Make sure you register. Go to the Nova player app or ovfm dot com dot au and experience a thrill of the way with a forty million dollar jackpot from ken I go every three minutes.
Speaker 4: Good is over one hundred guys.
Speaker 3: We are in a country where we are girt by sea. Yes we know that was surrounded by the ocean. I know. When I was a kid, the one of the first skills I was taught was to swim. Oh my grandparents had a swimming pool. I fell in it a couple of times, so thankfully I was taught at a really young age to swim.
Speaker 1: You remember Lawrence, Yes, Laurie Lawrence, the swim teacher, famous Australian swim coach and swim teacher.
Speaker 2: Our swimming teacher, mister Kitchener. He used to walk along the side of the pool with a stick and if you weren't doing your laps right in poke you with the stick.
Speaker 3: I mean, well, you've got three kids, You've.
Speaker 4: Got a pool entirely like the how.
Speaker 3: Over your kids when they started to learn to swim.
Speaker 2: Like babies, like a year old. You throw them in around and it's so important.
Speaker 3: Horrifying to start.
Speaker 2: Just on a serious night drowning rates we're up again.
Speaker 3: Well, the reason is because we have an alarmingly high amount of children that can not swim. So they say that by year six, kids should be able to swim fifty meters in a still water pool. As you get older, obviously that gets higher and higher. But they're saying that half of the year six students are unable to swim fifty meters now, which is scary in a country where so many people have pools in their backyard. We're surrounded by water, our lifestyles are very much of each and on lakes and on rivers and being outdoors.
Speaker 4: That's just free star. I'm assuming certainly just because there's you know, you can survive with the dog paddle, can't you.
Speaker 3: In six you should be able to meet a national benchmark of swimming fifty meters, which is a long it is longe and treading order for two minutes.
Speaker 2: Twenty bucks sais he would have been a butterfly swimmer still am.
Speaker 4: I knew you would you just you scream? Butterfly went to stay, went to Victorian championships, jace.
Speaker 3: Backstrike. Did you I used to treat tho. I used to pull on the lane ropes all the time.
Speaker 2: Well, that answer is my next question. Where you never went to the Olympics.
Speaker 3: You you say you trained swimming.
Speaker 4: It was squad swimming. Family still so no, I can't swim.
Speaker 2: But you scream swimmer. Swimmers are a little cooked. They just sit there for hours looking at that little time.
Speaker 1: We once made it to ouray reway relay team four by fifty freestyle relay team made it to the state championships and we're in the final and we're a good shot to go to nationals. And I was in third and the second swimmer had dived in.
Speaker 4: He's halfway through.
Speaker 1: And I was ready to dive in, and we were in front the leading and he hyperventilated in the pool and he started vomiting the pool. And then that was championship.
Speaker 3: Surely the end of the whole carnival. If someone throws.
Speaker 4: He laid down Sally he was later remember later.
Speaker 3: Paul laid down Sally.
Speaker 4: From Hero to zero, Phil, he'll be listening.
Speaker 3: Shorty, Phil under in the pool, Phil, you can't vou in the pool? Well, it's funny you mentioned school swimming carnivals. But because of this statistic, the great Australian school swimming carnivals could be canceled. Listen to this. This is a disgrace Australia. We are becoming a nation of waiters. We just like splashing around in the deep water.
Speaker 2: Guys, let's run with this. Thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 3: No, we need to be sweet. We need to learn this. It actually is super important, but it's also very expensive.
Speaker 1: The federal government paper should that pay swimming lessons?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 2: Know, there's a certain amount of lessons you do in school.
Speaker 3: So school it is.
Speaker 2: It's compulsory and it's covered. But like I mean the school our kids go, do they jam all those lessons in two weeks?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 3: No, that it needs to be regular exactly.
Speaker 2: It's like great, they could swim now and then they turn the eel in bloody four.
Speaker 3: Months getting over my body in security to get my togs on in two weeks.
Speaker 2: Guys, I want to talk swimming carnivals. What happened at yours? Cast your mind back? Was there an incident thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 3: It was a bad one at my swimming sports?
Speaker 4: What was still there chundering in the pool or was it at Code Brown?
Speaker 3: I had to get the scooper out?
Speaker 2: Wasn't me, Scoop?
Speaker 3: Wasn't you? Wasn't mad?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 2: J twenty four ten. What happened at your school swimming carnival? We'll find out about Lauren poohing and the pool next thirteen twenty four ten. What embarrassing, embarrassing thing happened.
Speaker 3: To you and you were at school or someone else?
Speaker 4: Coming up?
Speaker 2: Lauren's got a story about a Code Brown and Clint, you've got a story about a.
Speaker 4: About a stiffy row. Clint, say it, Lauren? No stiffy.
Speaker 3: That gives me the ek so bad, yuck.
Speaker 4: We'll get to your cause and a stiffy story next.
Speaker 2: What are we asking? What are we asking for?
Speaker 4: Clint?
Speaker 3: What happened at the swimming carnival?
Speaker 4: Slash?
Speaker 3: No, what happened at the Jason?
Speaker 4: I think we should do Thursday.
Speaker 3: No, we're not doing that.
Speaker 6: Ro No.
Speaker 1: Well, because a lot of swimming carnivals, a lot of young No, we're not doing it.
Speaker 2: We are doing it stiffies.
Speaker 4: Sorry thirteen twenty fourteen. With me, I'm not saying it stiffy.
Speaker 3: I've never had one. I'm not saying it.
Speaker 4: I'd be alarmed if you did.
Speaker 2: Would you like to think you've caused a couple one hundred percent I have?
Speaker 4: Where'd you get one?
Speaker 3: Not recently but back in the day. So we're not.
Speaker 1: Actually doing at my swimming carnival. I went to Glen Waverley High School. We had our doing carnival at the Waverley pools.
Speaker 3: You know the ones on what was that play that swim center called Center.
Speaker 1: That was swim Lands, swim Lands, Waverley pool. Big John up on the ready to dive in, up on the blox. This isn't your dad, No John. The irony he was a couple of years older than me. But the irony is his nickname was Big John. And he was he tall.
Speaker 4: He was tall, he was he was tall, and he was talking Matt she He was on full display.
Speaker 1: But this story does have, pardon the pun, a happy ending because Big John he won, and he won well.
Speaker 4: Mastful.
Speaker 3: When he got out of the pool.
Speaker 4: It was it was you know what was like the America's Cup and the keel.
Speaker 2: You know what like Honestly that have slowed him down the drag.
Speaker 4: So for him to win depends the good point.
Speaker 8: Stop it.
Speaker 3: Hang on. Surely it was the same situation as he got off the blocks as to when he.
Speaker 1: More, because it was just like, but surely if you're swimming Carnival's Wesley College, you would have had a.
Speaker 4: Sniffy.
Speaker 3: I did never. I beg your finest pardon. I need did no no. My eye was Saturday swimming sports one day and there was weird a code round but I had to get the scooper out and I was like, surely this Saturday morning is over. We're not getting back in the pool now. Art he's over. Well I went home.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: They're like, it's chlorine. It's fine, it's not.
Speaker 4: So they've got the net out to get out to get that.
Speaker 2: Always happened to me when I go to waves waves like, I'll be no, they're not. I'll be paying to you know, take the kids in a reception. They'll be like, we're just we've closed the main wave pool for the next ten minutes. I'm like, oh why, and they'll look and they'll.
Speaker 3: Go someone died the poopy.
Speaker 4: There's been a situation.
Speaker 3: I was doing. I was overseas to a travel show and we had this like were and we had this view beautiful vantage point over the pool. And I was doing this piece to cameras the sun was setting and all these people were playing in the pool, and as I was doing the piece to camera, the pr girl sort of was getting closer and closer to me, and I'm trying to do this beautiful and there one take of the perfect moment in the sunset, and behind me in the pool, everyone was like scrambling to get out of the pool.
Speaker 4: Was Cod Brown Brown intact?
Speaker 3: I didn't. I didn't get close enough to investigate. But when it happens in a hotel pool, it's a it's a very big scene. Yeah, yeah, very embarrassing.
Speaker 2: You know something's happened as well, because you get there and you're like, all I smell is chlorine.
Speaker 3: And there's no one in the pool and it's thirty five degrees.
Speaker 4: The colored ropes down and every I'm back into a bit of water.
Speaker 14: It is.
Speaker 3: N Oh my god, Queen, it is stann Away.
Speaker 2: Snippy Standaway's his new nickname. But it's just got far away. Let's say Lad of the Lady right now.
Speaker 1: Our next guest is an ARI nominated musician from Brisbane who has been dropping.
Speaker 2: Kill a tune after kill a Chune.
Speaker 6: She's also currently sharing a stage with Dua Lipa on tour.
Speaker 2: Please welcome Friend of the Show, Alexander.
Speaker 3: Lorny. It's always so nice to see you.
Speaker 14: I love coming to the show.
Speaker 3: Welcome to Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Did you stick around watch door last night?
Speaker 8: I didn't.
Speaker 14: I went to the merchandise right, Hi some fans and then I ate some food because I hadn't be.
Speaker 4: Too busy.
Speaker 3: You're on tour with Dulepa all around the country to New Zealand as well. But you guys are actually mates, You've known each other for a long time, so she hands picked you to be a part of this show.
Speaker 14: I mean I messaged her and I was like, I know you're coming to Australia. Can I support you? And to be honest, she hits back to my d MS instantly and this one took a couple of months. I was like, oh no, I've reached the friend show.
Speaker 3: There's also nothing embarrassing when someone applied.
Speaker 8: When she replied, it was like we would love to have you.
Speaker 14: So my theory is she was running it past all the appropriate agents.
Speaker 1: So at Rod Laverna, for instance, I assume you have separate dressing rooms. Do you do you do you get the chest to hang out?
Speaker 14: She came in last night to say hello because first night it's the first sorry, the first night of the tour. It was her first Radical Optimism show, so she was really nervous.
Speaker 3: Everyone was like, so this is it was the start of the tour.
Speaker 8: Yees yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 14: So she's like, I'm so sorry didn't come in night one. I was so nervous and like so much going on, and yeah she was.
Speaker 8: It was really good to see it.
Speaker 3: It's cool to know someone that that huge still gets nervous, right, oh I know.
Speaker 14: I was like, well, it means you love what you do and you're appreciating you argent straighten to mother mode.
Speaker 3: Okay, you are the little kids running around out the back, running.
Speaker 14: Around, running around rugged like they it's too much. I'm like, this isn't my arena show, you know what I mean. And this isn't out place, this isn't like your manners. But my son fell asleep front of house section first night Leper. When we watched, my daughter was head banging the whole night and then do his dad also manager picked her up and put her on the best part like up high in the front of house so she could dance, had her on like the best seat in the house.
Speaker 3: So they're a nice family, they're the best.
Speaker 8: They all travel together. Her brothers here, her mum's here.
Speaker 3: Their actual name her do a Leaper. That's her real Christian doer. Yeah, I think so they're the Leaper family. Yeah, it's Staddy Leaper's name Donkie Leaper.
Speaker 2: I would always say, if we're going around to our friend's house, hello, mister.
Speaker 3: Phillips, I know, and then they go you could call me Bobby. Yes, Staddy Leapers.
Speaker 4: Justly.
Speaker 1: I was at Kylie Minogue's concert a few weeks back and she was talking about I know she's a Melbourne girl, but the thrill of playing at rod Labor Arena, what's it like for you stepping out in front of all those people, Because it's it's when it comes to concerts in Australia, it's it's famous, it's famous venue.
Speaker 14: I've never stepped foot in the venue really, yeah, until night one, So I was really really nervous night one, and then night too. I was so chill, probably the most chill I've ever been.
Speaker 8: Like last night.
Speaker 14: It was very confusing, to me because I thought, you know, this isn't my show. I need to impress people. But I actually just had so much fun. And I also thought, you know what, I want this to be my crowd.
Speaker 3: He still saw beare feet? Do they let you walk back of how I feel like they're they're like, no, bare feet back of house? There's glasses and plates.
Speaker 8: No, they actually do.
Speaker 14: Normally I bring my thongs like right side of stage, but I just keep putting I'm just walking around barefoot.
Speaker 8: But I it's a part.
Speaker 14: It's partly a thing because I have big feet.
Speaker 8: And it's hard to find shoes. Partly a thing, is that why you want to partly?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Not big at the dogs?
Speaker 8: They grew after my second kid?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 3: Yes, does that happen? Y?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I think it's your arch.
Speaker 14: No, I don't know if they grow. It's just like your body relaxes and I get sound. Anyways, that and also I'm just not great at wearing heels.
Speaker 3: Were you are so tall you didn't need to make it a lucky thing?
Speaker 8: Gives me to go.
Speaker 3: I saw you the other day rehearsing, and this is very Beyonce of you playing the guitar and singing and running on a treadmill at the same time. What is it all about. Because Beyonce used to do that. She used to run on a treadmill and sing. Her mum used to make her do it, yes, to get her lung capacity so she could dance.
Speaker 2: And the same time, Swift did the entire eras to her teen on a treadmill.
Speaker 14: That's what I heard, right, I'm not doing it for my vocal capacity. I'm doing it for my brain of like moving guitar and singing at the same time. And to be honest, I loved it and I think it made a really big difference of going okay that you know on stage is so much happening and sometimes your brain is just like one thing at a time.
Speaker 3: Keeter, because I've been saying.
Speaker 4: No, we're not doing this again.
Speaker 8: You want to do a treadmill, get it.
Speaker 3: Get it one of those under the disc tread and just for the three hours to get the step count up the whole time.
Speaker 4: You imagine mum with the handwakes.
Speaker 9: Well, I thought I tried to add hand some people who get bikes, you can get the desk chair with the bike on it.
Speaker 3: So do you recommend because it's not about being fit chased. It's for your brain.
Speaker 14: Two boys, one stone, run quick.
Speaker 3: I think we should all do it all do a show on treadmills or bikes.
Speaker 14: You guys, do you think it'd be good for up here all day morning?
Speaker 4: Well, the desk electric, I can put the desk up.
Speaker 2: We could stand, but we can stand and walk on.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm getting it's good for me now. The new song press Pause, it's great. I've seen it on Instagram. What is that magnificent beach that you filmed? The film clip on it? They just want to report yourself there.
Speaker 8: It's so nice.
Speaker 14: The boys, the lifeguards came up and said, do you have a permit to film?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: Go smart?
Speaker 4: So I got it.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I know they really wanted to push us off, but we had a permit.
Speaker 4: I reckon that was their excuse to come and say.
Speaker 8: That isn't that offensive? But wait?
Speaker 14: That was my favorite video clip.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 14: We did three takes because the sun was setting, three or four takes.
Speaker 8: Our favorite one.
Speaker 14: It's the one where there's a guy drowning in the background, drowning and I.
Speaker 8: Couldn't use it because I was like, it just has bad voodoo.
Speaker 3: So the start of the did they get him out?
Speaker 8: Did the love guards marketing.
Speaker 14: Manager like saved him? Saved his life?
Speaker 3: Well, the lifeguards were getting photos with you manager.
Speaker 4: Tonight rescue with.
Speaker 3: Your marketing manager to swim out, like started.
Speaker 14: Just before we started filming. Because it's one take. I go that guy's drowning and everyone.
Speaker 3: Goes, is he you're a beach take Yeah, and I was like.
Speaker 8: He's okay for now. Halfway through.
Speaker 14: Halfway through, I was like, oh god, he's struggling and it's only three minutes, so you know, we'll want to one tape at.
Speaker 2: The start the chorus, the chorus was he okay, Yeah, he was fine, but he was rattled.
Speaker 14: So like, right at the end of this my favorite take, I'm like running into the water.
Speaker 8: I'm like, swim across, don't swim against.
Speaker 4: Teach him how to get Oh my god again, she goes in.
Speaker 3: You we love seeing you do so well. I'm coming on Saturday night and I just cannot wait. We also had you in Nova's Red Room last year, which was amazing. I'd love to see you do it again.
Speaker 4: We need to get you back.
Speaker 2: Keter Alexander's new single Press Boars It is out everywhere now and if you are heading to do and the next couple of nights get there.
Speaker 3: You want support Aussie music.
Speaker 14: And merch the do A beautiful new red hat, a brown hat.
Speaker 8: The red ones really good sitting over red.
Speaker 3: I'll wear it next week.
Speaker 2: Good Brandy, here we go every day at eight. We'll give you a chance to win five thousand dollars. Let's go to the phones.
Speaker 3: Let's do it. April from Drew and good morning. Hi.
Speaker 4: How are you very well? Thank you here if you need.
Speaker 3: Thanks? Are you a sports teacher at a high school.
Speaker 5: I'm not a sports teacher.
Speaker 8: I'm an educational support. But in the sports part.
Speaker 3: All the cool teachers and the cool people that worked school worked in a sports department.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interactive, what's your netball position?
Speaker 4: She's trustworthy, don't mess with her? All right?
Speaker 3: You want to play for five hundred dollars today, Let's see if we can win you some cash. You are going to hear a question. You'll hear a three two one countdown. You need to answer in that time. Good luck.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is this is so gettable. Everyone on the team going and I want to add pressure up.
Speaker 3: How old are you?
Speaker 4: April? O?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: Was that the one I got wrong.
Speaker 3: Did you get it wrong? I got it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can get it wrong. Yeah, but Clint's old. You're young, so there's a good chance.
Speaker 3: Okay, No, it's it's very famoise.
Speaker 4: Five hundred dollars good luck who directed the nineteen ninety four film Pulp Fiction three two.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I have no no, it's one of the great movies.
Speaker 2: Huge movie, Quintin Darren. You know what they call a quarter pounds which cheese served parents?
Speaker 4: And what did they call it? They call it ryah which h yeah, old too, that's true.
Speaker 2: What they call the big man, Big Max, big Man.
Speaker 4: But they can't love big Man. They love big March.
Speaker 3: Like April quintin Tarantina. I mean nineteen ninety four, what year were you born? I can't do thousand?
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, no, have you seen it?
Speaker 2: I haven't seen it.
Speaker 9: I said I should have said that. I know that.
Speaker 4: You know what. You're not going to go away empty handed.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna twenty four year olds like Jase.
Speaker 2: Well, first things first, I hook you up with some tickets to Jurassic Unearthed.
Speaker 4: That that is yours.
Speaker 2: The dinosaurs are coming prepared to be amazed like Dinosaurs, stomp.
Speaker 4: Rought and move right before your eyes.
Speaker 2: Jurassic Unearthed from My night club Drinker twenty eight to April twenty seven at Corefield Race Course.
Speaker 3: And what about that boy Slim?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you like that boy Slim?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's twenty boys. That boy Slim brings some as big as Outdoor Rage to Australia, playing live shows across the country in Mark March. Tickets are on sale now at ticket Master. You've got a double pass to see Fat Boy Sleep.
Speaker 4: I'm happy with that.
Speaker 2: Good job. We will play again.
Speaker 3: To be honest, that's probably worth more than five hundred bucks anyway.
Speaker 4: I love it. Doubt what else. It dips into the price covered every day.
Speaker 2: But you know what I'm going to give you turns into Oprah just starts.
Speaker 3: Giving away if there's something else, What else do you want to get?
Speaker 4: We're out of time. It is five past or something. We're going to check your around the war.
Speaker 3: You can have what a crispy cream vout?
Speaker 4: Oh now you're talking my language.
Speaker 3: It's a bit gray out there, but it is going to be a top of thirty one today. But the rain I think he's going to kick in around eleven.
Speaker 4: Oh, bad news. What's wrong? I got the kids sports carnival tomorrow five o'clock.
Speaker 3: It's going to get.
Speaker 4: Heah, where's that our sports track?
Speaker 3: It's twenty degree tomorrow.
Speaker 4: I thought it's a showers.
Speaker 3: Well zero to two million.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can swim in there.
Speaker 4: What do they do? Just run around the long.
Speaker 3: Jumpers just in the morning.
Speaker 1: The high jumped, the Frosby flop, Frosby flop?
Speaker 4: What's it called?
Speaker 3: Rosby flops? The Frosby flop is a type of high jump. You should ask my pool about.
Speaker 4: It, because he was a high high jumping.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, he is a Rosby flop, A fully grown adult man getting closer to his fifties who will proudly sit at a dinner party and talk about his high jump achievements in high school. He's pulled out without a smile on his face.
Speaker 4: He's pulled out the newspaper clipping and shown me before.
Speaker 3: I've got.
Speaker 2: What and we know how, we know how you feel about adults do athletics.
Speaker 3: Adults athletics unless you go in the Olympics. Come on, are we really we really? I mean, good on you. You're putting his spikes on and running as fast as you can for one hundred meters on morning.
Speaker 4: My wife's home.
Speaker 2: Don't drag sand from the long jump through the house.
Speaker 3: If Paul said to me right now this week, dull, I'm going to I'm going to take up long jump.
Speaker 4: I think we should.
Speaker 3: I don't think we could stay together.
Speaker 4: I think he'd be quite good at it.
Speaker 2: Should we Somedy? Should we sign Louren up to the Little Athletics? Yes, they do one on Thomas Street.
Speaker 3: I told you I don't. I'm not into it. If you're not going to run a.
Speaker 4: Marshall, they always need volunteers.
Speaker 3: No, yes, I don't have enough attention to detail to know who's taken off out of the blocks.
Speaker 4: Early.
Speaker 2: He's going to measure the measure the footprints in the sand for long jomp.
Speaker 4: Make sure they step on that silly little plate.
Speaker 3: No triple jump. I'm off to do triple jump this morning.
Speaker 4: The step of the jump.
Speaker 3: Come on, let's go out for breakfast.
Speaker 2: Guys coming up this hour. My boy Teddy Swims is on the air of this after eight thirty this morning.
Speaker 4: He is on the way to Australia.
Speaker 3: I love him.
Speaker 2: Also before rate thirty, should you go out last night.
Speaker 3: Well, I've went Look, I was supposed going to do a leper and I canceled. I've re purposely tickets later in the week because had a bit of a sore throat. But I did go out to a dinner party with a friend early.
Speaker 4: Mum went out, but.
Speaker 3: I ended up in a very strangely did.
Speaker 4: You feel old?
Speaker 2: We were old? Is an understand Frosty, go there before thirty. It's twenty past straight on Nov.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: Hey, look, we're about to talk to an astros physicist about space as the astronauts finally returned home from the space station. Just before we crossed to him, Lauren, can you tell click what you just said to me during that song?
Speaker 4: You're highly embarrassed.
Speaker 2: You're all like it is a private commerce.
Speaker 4: Okay, I will, Okay.
Speaker 2: We were talking about just you know, moon landing.
Speaker 3: How nervous we were watching that capsule come back to Earth yesterday and then she was twenty twenty five and we're nervous about them coming back from the space station and she.
Speaker 2: Just mumbles, there's no way that goes on to the moon, And I said what And she has no way that going on to the moon.
Speaker 4: So who are you talking about. Come on, Neil Armstrong conspiracy there.
Speaker 3: Well it's twenty twenty five and we're not even if long can get these people back from space. And you reckon in that what year was about the seventies the sixties that he went to the moon and we've just never gone back again? Eon like building teslas.
Speaker 4: Please thank you. Someone please get Laura in a tinfoil packed the poncho. If you're heading to the gen tonight, it's gonna be wet.
Speaker 2: Hawks taken on the Blues. She is going to be a wet one. But Maggie twenty nine is a top today. Come on the Hawks.
Speaker 3: Warm Hawker Now he doesn't know what he's doing, said, who's better in the rain?
Speaker 4: Hawks? Well, the Hawks are a quick, young and quick.
Speaker 3: Jam my finger on the table.
Speaker 4: The Blues are old and slow like.
Speaker 3: You like me. I'm not old and slow compared to you. But I went out last night on.
Speaker 4: A school the scene for us.
Speaker 3: Well, I was actually supposed to go to do Aleipa last night to see my friend Kita Alexander perform, and I managed to get tickets for Saturday, so I canceled last night because I've been losing for being a bit croaky this week, and I thought, I don't want to be in a loud environment.
Speaker 2: You know me, girl, I yell and scream Satnday Mattinee. Or he just would rather go on the weekend. What do you mean, Well, I just thought you'd rather an early sort of gig if.
Speaker 4: You can get it.
Speaker 3: No, you could do a leaper. No, she's onkta's on at sevenot thirty and a leaper's on after that. I don't get it.
Speaker 4: No, don't. I think he was saying it in jest.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no, no normal show. But last night, yep, cool story bro. Last night I went out for dinner because Paul was out and I was staying home. I canceled and I was like, oh, I got invited to this dinner, and I thought, yeah, I can, I can go to school night.
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't venter out on school nights very often, none of us do. Well, clink, you're a bit more wild during the week, probably than Jason and I. And it was a six o'clock dinner. Perfect, that's right.
Speaker 4: So on the invite it said dinner dinner.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a dinner. I was sit down dinner at six until eight, and I was like, you can do that. Fab It was for do you know Pip Edwards cool girls, Sydney girl. She is the creative direct She used to be pa Nation and she's now with SUBI remember subib the g G.
Speaker 4: I've still got some not skinny leg ones. At did you? Were you a super boy? I think like your hip bones.
Speaker 3: Used to get fromer did general?
Speaker 4: Yeah? And we sat down. You have to.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even get those done up.
Speaker 4: The cracks. Your crack was exposed more often than oh yeah, let it go.
Speaker 3: Soubi denims a bit more like easy. The pair that I got sent to it it's dinner style.
Speaker 4: You got an outfit.
Speaker 3: I got a fit fit Check got a fit. It was like kind of loose fitting.
Speaker 4: Jean's quite cool, like changing their target demo.
Speaker 3: I panicked a little bit when I got the singlet top. I was like, ge the bingo wings don't get out often.
Speaker 4: Sure you can chuck your shirt out of the time there was.
Speaker 3: A shirt, so I was like, similar to what I'm doing now, the top shut, except they were like you got to wear it off the shoulder, you know, have the shoulder out. I was like, okay, just.
Speaker 2: For the Instagram shot or the whole dinner.
Speaker 3: Oh, Denny should have said how uncomfortable I was, and I was trying to pull that. I'm just not trendy anymore. I've worked out anyway, very cool gear, great dinner, had a great time. They're like, right, parties starting, let's go.
Speaker 4: Sorry hard, I'm sorry. So the dinner's done.
Speaker 3: Small dinner, he done, dessert small. I don't think it was a dessert. Small dinner, big party.
Speaker 2: It's not a dinner party. He needed a little They didn't bring out a viennetta.
Speaker 3: The cocktail dessert.
Speaker 4: Maybe pie.
Speaker 3: I didn't have an apple pie. No, is it that cool place in Lonsdale Street, the herbar where it's like five million levels restaurant down the bottom bar in the middle there's a music room if you mean to the music room. It's cool, and then a great rooftop bar in the city. So I'm like, oh, the party, and I thought it was just like the ten of us going up to have a little cocktail in the music room. Jase, have a look at where I ended up.
Speaker 4: This is the.
Speaker 2: Oh my, are you in a sewer? It was sorry, you're at a warehouse party and I'm just looking at the everyge age of the people the warehouse. Buddy, you look like the mom there to pick up your child.
Speaker 3: Yes, it was very cool.
Speaker 2: Friends.
Speaker 3: It had the drinks men you graffited on the wall, and I, as a joke said what are you doing there? As a joke, I said, is there any seating for the elderly? And they were like, oh yeah, we've actually got a roped off section for you guys over there. I'm told myself and my girlfriends the old ladies rolled up and there was all these lounges. I walked over, I sat down.
Speaker 4: For one second, my tail friend there.
Speaker 3: It was a very cool crowd, way too cool.
Speaker 4: For me there. They're like a fraction of your age.
Speaker 3: And I said to my friend Luce, I said, I feel like we're at some high Thai party. She's like, no, I think you mean heartbreak high heartbreak. It was more at heartbreak height.
Speaker 2: Anyone trying and get your get your digits.
Speaker 3: Well speaking, I can't have to like accidentally brush past some of those handsome young men to get out.
Speaker 1: Because somebody there has texted me to say, oh no, Lauren and I felt old, but didn't stop her from commenting on all the younger men.
Speaker 3: I told you, what were you?
Speaker 4: What s the comments?
Speaker 3: These buff towards.
Speaker 4: At home in bed? Were they wearing a single straight around their shoulders?
Speaker 2: Mom?
Speaker 3: I was like, excuse me, like shooing passed you relaxed. Let me just accidentally just push those big back.
Speaker 4: Muscles out of the way those suby jeans.
Speaker 3: It was a very cool young crowd and I was there.
Speaker 2: Guys, So what time did you get home?
Speaker 4: That's my girl.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you caught it last night on nine News, but there was a live cross featuring one Laura Turner, one of my colleagues and reporters at nine.
Speaker 4: She was she stumbled across a pop up gig featuring.
Speaker 3: Did she not know that was happening?
Speaker 1: Well she was sent there because it was happening yet, but featuring fat Boy Slim at the chip shop at Northern Soul in Saint Kilda. Here's the life cross.
Speaker 2: That mind playing. You can't talk.
Speaker 8: In fishing chip shop for.
Speaker 3: Not just I mean good honor. She got the grab but can't talk now. I'm working mid DJ set when she put the microphone.
Speaker 2: In glad she wasn't and correct would have given him year.
Speaker 3: The traffic in sat Kilda apparently a hot mess because there were people everywhere. But isn't that just Melbourne.
Speaker 1: There wasn't any old fish and chip shop. It was Northern Soul the chip shop, which apparently is well Jess is one of the owners.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, So whose idea was this?
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, not well, it all kind of came about a few months ago. We've been working with the Mushroom group that a touring boy at the minute. We were just trying to think of the best way that we could get him involved in the chippy. And yeah, we love music, we run soul sessions from the so what better way.
Speaker 3: It was such a Melbourne thing to say, don't you think? Just like in the in the chip shop with all the people, it looked so fun. I know what Jason's first question is going to be though, Could people still get their fish and chips? Or was the kitchen closed for the occasion?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, unfortunately not Yeah, the kitchen was closed with.
Speaker 4: Truck amount of questions.
Speaker 3: Was it an in mine only thing or could anyone just that heard word on the straight turn up?
Speaker 5: Well, we invited all our staff and all our team because they're so hard work and we made all this happen as well. But we we did have allocations for the next for people as well, so we we did post it on Instagram a couple of hours.
Speaker 3: That'll bring the crowds.
Speaker 5: Yeah, a fair a few more than what we thought turned up. Yeah, everyone really enjoyed it. Everyone.
Speaker 2: He's got a huge following.
Speaker 4: He's playing me out to need a steak here.
Speaker 3: Just watch your specialty down at the Northern Salt Chip Shop.
Speaker 5: Oh well, yeah, we're a classic British and Irish trial fish and chip shop. So I'd say the most popular thing is is the fish and chips, but yeah, I'd also say that the spice bag is quite popular as well.
Speaker 4: I was going to ask about the spice bag.
Speaker 5: Spice bag is a salt and pepper chip fried chicken and then it comes to curry sauce and crackers on the curry.
Speaker 4: Sauce because no no, no, no, no no no no.
Speaker 3: Vinegar chips in Europe or more in Ireland.
Speaker 4: In England they do carry.
Speaker 1: Sauce fit fish and chips and it is one of the tastiest things you'll ever put in your Do you do.
Speaker 4: A homemade potato cake? There?
Speaker 5: We sure do.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: We we cook the chips fresh every morning as well, so the potato cake.
Speaker 9: Morning.
Speaker 3: Just yes, do you do delivery? We know time to pick up only, so we.
Speaker 2: Go down and killed and walk around as with the spice bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, Yeah, we must get a courier.
Speaker 4: Chip shop.
Speaker 5: We're back open today at four o'clock.
Speaker 2: So yeah, do you hang on hold tell us where you speak?
Speaker 3: Yes, congrats it looked so fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well guy, well done. Cry sauce is unbelievable on chips.
Speaker 2: She's going to be wet tonight at the g Guys Hawks v. Blues and a lot of rain coming our way. Let's check in with our weather girl now, Lauren Phillips, I.
Speaker 3: Think you just said it's gonna wet. It's the Gee tonight. There's a lot of rain coming our way for the Hawks of the Blues top of twenty nine degrees.
Speaker 4: There's a light emergy on the screen above. I feel it's quite like that's said.
Speaker 3: That looks quite treacherous, It looks quite dramatic.
Speaker 4: It doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a similar logo for the cyclone the other week. I don't think we need to be covering it.
Speaker 3: No, it's gonna be hot and wet there. We don't notice that. Let's have a look at them.
Speaker 4: You consult the bomb, A look at the bomb.
Speaker 3: I think the rain's coming about eleven. It will pick up about five, just in time for the forty.
Speaker 4: You know what else is coming?
Speaker 2: I love this man, Teddies coming back to Melbourne. He's bringing his I've tried everything but therapy Tour, Great Name Road Labor Arena Thursday, twenty third of October. Pre sale tickets are on Sour right now. With all of the tickets going on so our March twenty eight all through Frontier two good.
Speaker 3: Tickets to give away. Let's go to Geelong. Rachel, good morning, good morning. Are you a Teddy Swims fan.
Speaker 4: I'm the biggest fan.
Speaker 3: Gosh, well, guess what you're going to the show?
Speaker 5: Oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Right boy. He did the over Red Room last year and his voice is like it hits your soul.
Speaker 2: It's so beautiful. Loves Australia, loves it. Take a listen, we all hit it off.
Speaker 4: I'm going to say, you know how you go like you just ended off with us. You've just got this demeanor about yourself, like you're one of us.
Speaker 10: Barbecues because I feel I feel like there is a certain thing about about Australia and we have the same hospitality and you hold the doors open and you're like love on people.
Speaker 4: Are you fishing for a green cut? Sure? I am, yeah, trying to get.
Speaker 10: My door citizenship.
Speaker 3: You've branded yourself now with your tiny Teddy on your.
Speaker 10: I couldn't tell you, man, I think on the face alone, I'm probably at twenty something.
Speaker 4: I mean that's yeah.
Speaker 3: And do we love tiny t Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Well we have these things back home called Teddy Grahams and the little Graham Crackers that look kind of similar, but they don't come with all the flavors and they don't have like a cute thing like the marketing on that. It's just genius. It's so good. I loved them. Took a box home with me when we got it. I was like, get this cook on my face. I might as well try it. You know, it's not that bad, it's really the face is just kind of cushy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at one place you refuse to getted.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean on my on my unit.
Speaker 4: Probably I think I think probably it wasn't.
Speaker 3: The thing is.
Speaker 10: The thing is, it's like the thing is about. That would be like a whole lot, more like a high and not a hello if you don't have that much to write home about. So it's just I don't want to find nobody through that.
Speaker 3: We need to take him for a new tattoo when you know it's the eyelid tattoos for me? How much must Speaking of tiny teddies, he's having a tiny teddy. His girlfriend's six months pregnant.
Speaker 2: Yep, he'll be a great day baby.
Speaker 3: He's so sweet. He's one of those guys that if you bumped into him in a dark alley you'd be terrified. But he's a big, cuddly teddy bear.
Speaker 4: Assuming the unit is the.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what else would it be?
Speaker 4: Clint, Well, I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's why I asked the question, think about.
Speaker 4: Just an assumption, wouldn't tickle question?
Speaker 3: I don't even know if you can.
Speaker 2: Do that, if you were going to get that sure, if you can do your eyelids, yeah, I think so, if you're going to get that tattooed. I can't whistle, but you know your thank you your unit? Yeah, you'd have to hold still, oh mate, you'd need but you're not like the gum any movement yea or no, of course not.
Speaker 4: You're following me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm following. You have no experience in the telling the story. I can't really contribute much.
Speaker 2: I'd still you know, don't freak out. She Wiez don't like it too much either.
Speaker 3: Anyway, Teddy Swims, we love him. He's coming back. I can't wait to see him with more tickets give a way later in the.
Speaker 2: Week tomorrow here on Nomber one hundred. Hey tomorrow on the show, Oh, we are going to be joined by Melcy from The Spice Girls.
Speaker 3: Oh Goys Now as a woman who grew up in the early two thousands, the Spice Girls were like they say, never meet your heroes. This is like one of those moments.
Speaker 1: Now she's back DJing, but she's also in Australia because she's back on TV.
Speaker 3: Yes, she is on.
Speaker 4: The No no, no, no, the voice one of them, the voice one of them, not the your network. No, it's not.
Speaker 3: A live could we re record stand by?
Speaker 4: Everyone? Pause for readit? Good morning?
Speaker 3: I went back were never when you wear mill season? I never met you?
Speaker 4: Hear here for the voice which is not or not? That's old news. Joe.
Speaker 3: I'm excised on seven. Can you can you play? Can you play?
Speaker 2: Mom as your favorite?
Speaker 4: All the tunes that's your favorite?
Speaker 10: I just like it.
Speaker 4: It's not necessarily what about us?
Speaker 3: Stop about thank you.
Speaker 4: Very much, my god.
Speaker 2: I want to make to you.
Speaker 3: I was always poshpus.
Speaker 2: Is that you are all one hundred percent. You are the post price of this team. You're the only way to be.
Speaker 4: Your melby little little what just just like to party?
Speaker 3: Did you say he's a little trashy?
Speaker 4: He is not her.
Speaker 3: I don't preparing exactly what you said. You called it trashy.
Speaker 4: Compare the pair, and you know, and you said that I was trashing, said.
Speaker 3: You're like her a little bit?
Speaker 4: You are you old Ginger?
Speaker 3: She's done well. Come on, Jerry, you would have been you always would have been, Ginger, Ginger.
Speaker 4: We're comparing the Jerry, Jerry, come on, Ginger, play the music. What about the innocent Emma button?
Speaker 3: Baby? Jerry's done very well. She's married to Christian Horner, although not for how it's going. She's married to him. She wasn't here at this train grand Prayer on the weekend, though.
Speaker 4: Was the new Larry or no? Is this the pot cast? Or are we on that.
Speaker 14: Thank you for me.
Speaker 2: Also, tomorrow, the great Ned Brockman is gonna literally run past.
Speaker 3: I was just looking at him in Geelong this morning.
Speaker 1: Thousands of people have tagged along for a run with him in Geelong. By the way, our executive producers looking at its blankly. I just spoke to Ned's people and he's going to come on the show.
Speaker 4: Is that okay? Is that a up braiding Brody? Just can you hit the button wherefore? You know what it's Ned brock You know it will make take a sequent off me.
Speaker 3: I'll put my feet up, get in.
Speaker 4: He's going to bring in some milk. Oh Ned's chalky milk.
Speaker 3: So he did a run in Geelong this morning. I'll look at his instagram how many people turned up.
Speaker 1: And he's doing a run tomorrow morning. It's called the Milk Run between around the Tan, very very Melbourne, Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Maybe I'll run with him and then bring him into the studio after that.
Speaker 4: Would you would you do all after the Tan if I can organize it.
Speaker 3: No, he won't make it and he's going to bring it down. Just don't be so annoying, or you can take your electric block.
Speaker 4: But and I'm sporting spots.
Speaker 3: It's pillars of wisdom at the Tan at four a m.
Speaker 2: There you go, fote the milk roun the hell down there. Run with Neda. He'll be on the show tomorrow. Plast Teddy swims to your.
Speaker 3: Drive past in the morning and give We'll give them a two.
Speaker 4: We will see tomorrow. Bye bye, thank you.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren. Jason Lauren, Wake Up Feeling Good on number one hundred.
Speaker 4: Jason Lauren on socials