Speaker 1: Lucky Lucky Lucky Dip. Thanks for joining us today. It's Malan Monty. Yeah.
Speaker 2: How are you months?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm good, good mate, how are you all of you guys? Thank you for listening. I hope you're having a bloody crack of time, whatever time of day it is that you're listening to this.
Speaker 2: I am just I just got distracted for a second because while you're talking, I'm just like scrolling through my Instagram.
Speaker 1: I talked for literally welcoming everyone for ten seconds, and you're scrolling.
Speaker 2: No, I can do two things at once. But I'm seeing a clip of Kate lane Brooks podcast The buck Up. Yes, and they're talking about the sharing of the toothbrushes.
Speaker 1: Oh, yes, sharing of toothbrushes. That's pretty extreme. I think Kate does that in her family.
Speaker 2: This is what she said, Yeah, because I've heard her. I think I heard her say it on the Pickup once as well. With you how they don't have like designated toothbrush, but.
Speaker 1: To me is a whole other level. We don't have designated towels, which I get even that is gross as you're out, but we just use whatever's there. But designated toothbrushes is essential. Like essential, How disgusting are mouths? That revolting the germy of things?
Speaker 2: Actually read something so interesting the other day, like coming down to oral health? Yeah, and why it's so important. There is this dentist on Instagram. She posted this thing that says scientists have found oral bacteria in the brains of ninety six percent of Alzheimer's patients. Your mouth isn't just about fresh breath. It's a gateway to your brain.
Speaker 1: Whoa, and so what does she recommend you do?
Speaker 2: She's got the bacteria may travel to the brain through the bloodstream. The bacteria increases the production of amyloid beta, which contributes to Alzheimer's. The bacteria can destroy brain neurons.
Speaker 1: I mean, so what do you got? You just got to clean and you've got a floss.
Speaker 2: Okay, she got what to do? Test your oral microbiome and take your oral health. Seriously, there's apparently some at home test you can take. Diet, hygiene, movement, stress reduction, et cetera. All play an important role too. I mean, this is why. That's that's a lie, that's not why. But I think it's important to get rid of the shit on your tongue.
Speaker 1: You're a mad tongue clay. I go through stages.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Yeah, and like different thought patterns, like I think aavetic. People say you shouldn't take that. Yeah, a lot of people say don't oh fuck that. No, it's like saying, don't.
Speaker 1: Cripe after you go the toilet.
Speaker 2: I don't know about that. I think I've said this before too. I'm so seek of wiping my ass. I'm just sick of it. It's just a time consuming exercise test thing. This is wasting my time. Wow O, Yes, we've got a bidet. Do you never used it? I've never ever used it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you should start using it.
Speaker 2: Nah, I'm not doing that because I don't understand the point of it.
Speaker 1: Well, just you don't have to use You can just clean, like put that on there and not use toilet paper. Then that will get you around the times. Although wiping your ass seems a lot a lot quicker, but a bidet is a lot cleaner, and you're a clean freak.
Speaker 2: I think you've still got to wipe. But then the bidet is just because you know, sometimes you wipe and everything's fine, the toilet papers clean, and then you go in with a wet wipe and you're like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Don't wet wipe.
Speaker 2: Well that's another thing. Let me tell you maybe start doing that really. Yeah, like even just those I don't use those flushable ones. But those they're call another chemist warehouse plug. I'm sure he can get them many places. But they're called water wipes, their baby wipes. Yeah, okay, but they've got like their ninety nine point nine percent water. They've just got one little preservative in it that's natural or whatever. I go in with one of those after and.
Speaker 1: I don't want too much information.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, anyway, speaking of information, I've got a couple of little facts that I heard the other day that I thought, oh that's interesting. Only a few, so feel free to fill in the gaps for me. Okay, do you know what the most aggressive animal in the animal kingdom is?
Speaker 1: Rhino?
Speaker 2: No? What?
Speaker 1: Honey badger? Oh? Really? I heard this.
Speaker 2: Interview with some wildlife person and he was saying, if a honey badger even sort of like charges towards like a group of lions, they will run away because they're so scared of them. I actually don't even know what a honey badger looks like.
Speaker 1: I think they've got a long nose. I feel like they've got a longish beak. You know the honey badger who was the Bachelor like it was, he called that honey badger because when he played rugby was he like so bang bay bang bang bang.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous hairdoode Yes.
Speaker 1: So much hair, so many curls, curls. Get the girls.
Speaker 2: Oh, I've just found a picture of one, and that does look scary.
Speaker 1: Oh. I don't think I've ever seen a honey badger.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, can you see that.
Speaker 1: I thought a honey badger was a bird. It's not a bird.
Speaker 2: It's like I thought a honey badger was a bird.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so weird. I thought it was a bird with a long snat, like a long beak. Wow, oh my god. That's trupping me.
Speaker 2: This has been educationally, hasn't it. So.
Speaker 1: A honey badger looks kind of like a big wom baddy, like.
Speaker 2: A bombat sort of thing with big teeth. Also, it's the it's the confidence. It's don't fuck with me. I'll be aggressive and I'll fuck you up, even to a lion. It's got little Man syndrome syndrome Man syndrome. Yeah, wow, okay, this I love because I love word things.
Speaker 1: Yes.
Speaker 2: Did you know that the word slang is short for shortened language?
Speaker 1: Ah? No, yeses slang, that's what it is. Slang.
Speaker 2: But when we say slang, it's like when I told you that time sitcom is short for situational comedy. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I didn't know that either. Yes, same slang, short language. Wow, okay, good these.
Speaker 2: Are Did you know that blueberries are healthier when they're frozen because it increases the freezing process increases their concentration of an anti inflammatory agent called anth syonan's Oh, so.
Speaker 1: Raise your blueberries?
Speaker 2: Yeah, i'd also say too. I'm very inter frozen. I'm not a big fruit eater. I don't really like fruit, but I like frozen grapes and stuff. There's something about it being frozen that's.
Speaker 1: More appealing to me. Yes, I love a.
Speaker 2: Frozen mangoes just you know. Yeah, okay, even for your kids, you know, if you want your kids to eat something you know a bit healthier than a I don't know maxibon. My son is obsessed with maxi bon.
Speaker 1: You love a maxibon?
Speaker 2: Also the size?
Speaker 1: I think MAXI I love it. What's the biggest thing I can get here in Maxibon.
Speaker 2: I know, Okay, old typewriters used to come with the keys in these draws that sat underneath right right. The top drawer had all the large letters the letters, so the top was the upper case right, and the lower draw had all the lower case letters. That's why they called upper case and lowercase.
Speaker 1: Ah wow, how frustrating to type with that though, Like every sentence you start, you have to open the top case, close it, then go to the bottom case.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it was like you must have had to have manually put the keys on or something. I don't know, but I mean think of how you know, we complain about stuff like, oh, I've got so much to do. Think of the times where they used to have to go to the hod and with the washboard or whatever.
Speaker 1: And I mean back then that was all like that typewriter would have been a huge advancement for them, do you know what I mean? It would have been like, well, look this technology.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sure, but how nice. You know when people used to write with quills, yes, like the feather and there's something about those times. There was so much care. You wrote a letter and then you sealed it with one of those things yes, grae yeah, yeah. And the last thing I'm going to tell you, Yes, this is the most hilarious thing I've ever heard. My husband told me about this. I didn't even know this was a thing. So back in the seventies, there was this Italian guy called Adriano Celentano. He was an Italian singer. At the time, everyone in Italy was mad for American music, so he made a song that sounded like he was speaking English with an American accent, but he wasn't. It was all made up words. It went to number one on the charts. I'm going to play it to you. Okay, it's the fucking funniest thing I've ever seen or heard. Because there's a film clip that goes with it's just as funny. But it sounds like what English would sound like to a non English speaking person. Okay, okay, we're saying.
Speaker 1: Began to come above that. Yes, in totally like the way he's pronouncing it sounds like English.
Speaker 2: It's got a real Elvis vibe to it, right.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 2: It's like if you were a kid and used to pretend to speaking of the lad pretend you know, totally fucking grown up, did it?
Speaker 1: It's sot and went to number one? Did you say?
Speaker 2: Went to number one? And people were mad for it? Over there not realizing all made up. So he was going like, and people love this English song? Wonder what those words mean? Nothing? So good? The best?
Speaker 1: What a mixed bag of facts you had? I loved it. I loved every single one of them. The honey Badger's not a bird. Slang is short language like wow, incredible, thank you, mal, thank you, no worries to deliver, and thank you for listening. Get in touch with us anytime. Sean Tell Online on our Instagram is the best place to our patrons. Thank you for your support. Head to patreon dot com, forward slash shean Tell online. If you want to grab a membership, you get an extra podcast every couple of weeks there and they start about five bucks a month just to help with the running of the pod. We Love you, guys, Oh I said love. I didn't say your word. I didn't say your line. See you.
Speaker 2: That's all right, I'm not going to say it. No bit of a role reversal. I don't mind it.
Speaker 1: No, all right, we'll catch you later.
Speaker 2: Catch you later toodles.
Speaker 1: Bye for now, That's what I say, bye for now.
Speaker 2: Okay, bye for now.
Speaker 1: Love you,