Speaker 1: This is the Chrissy Swan Show, and I just had an impromptu dance break with Tom, which we often do.
Speaker 2: Often and always to Charlie XP always let's see this.
Speaker 3: Swan's sweeping statements.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is your unpopular opinion venting segment. All the things that you secretly think that are true but you're too afraid to say it. You might get Maddie thirteen twenty four ten.
Speaker 4: Give us a kick us off, Swanny.
Speaker 1: Well, you know how everybody goes, oh god, what a whanger if you've got personalized number plates?
Speaker 3: The oh my god, who would do that?
Speaker 1: I think a personalized number plate is really cool and I do, and I always have an every time, and every time I see one, I think, I think that is so cool.
Speaker 3: What is wrong with me? Because everybody says that they're not really I just think they're really cool. I can't help it.
Speaker 4: I used to when I was a teenager, and now I find them tragedy.
Speaker 3: See that's the thing. I never grew out of it.
Speaker 4: I never grew out of it.
Speaker 3: I just love them.
Speaker 1: And I like the new stylish ones that sort of they're a hidden personalized number plate like they look sort of long and English and they've just got the initials and maybe a number that means something. And I just love personalized number of plates.
Speaker 3: I just do.
Speaker 2: How do you feel about numbers in them? Like people using instead of a they use a one?
Speaker 3: Fine?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 4: Like that makes me want to drive off the road.
Speaker 1: No, I know that it's a very unpopular opinion, but I think they're cool.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: My sweeping statement is you know how everyone's always like news Eve sucks, it's always to let down.
Speaker 4: There is bar humbug about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My sweeping statement is news Eve rocks.
Speaker 2: I love Eve Yes, and like even over the weekend, people like we've been you know, it's just another nine it's doing to let down. We'll find some new mates, get a vibe, go somewhere cool, go to a festival.
Speaker 4: Make it a thing like lives for living. And I think it's a really like important way to bring in the new year.
Speaker 3: Are you are you doing to me personally?
Speaker 4: No? Not at all?
Speaker 3: Okay I did.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize you hated it.
Speaker 3: I absolutely hate it.
Speaker 4: I think we need to change the narrative around New Year's Eve.
Speaker 1: I wonder why I hate it because I generally love everything. Yeah, you're going to do a deep dive on that. What it says about my personality.
Speaker 4: Life enthusiasts, I am. I need to get around New's Eve.
Speaker 3: I always it. Do you go out in public or is it just at home?
Speaker 2: Now? I'm generally generally at home, like a home a house party, or maybe.
Speaker 1: I went to like, you know, when my dad was living in Adelaide, I went to a big, you know, city celebration and it was really I was only about nine and it was really scary, like everyone was drunk and loud, and.
Speaker 4: There's some PTSD.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I'm just like, oh no, I'm stay inside again.
Speaker 2: What is your sweeping statement? Because it's Thursday and it's my favorite day of the week. I'm going to give away our favorite prize, a soda stream art.
Speaker 4: For your sweeping statements. Wonderful for better.
Speaker 1: The Chrissy Swan Show, So Thursday, so we're doing this.
Speaker 3: Swan's Sweeping Statements.
Speaker 1: I have confessed it must be a hangover from the eighties when they first became available, But I think a personalized number plate is the epitome of call I love them.
Speaker 2: I wish we had room to take calls on just personalized plates now because tomorrow, let's do it, because I just want to hear specifically. I don't know why the ones with numbers and them really irk me, so I want to hear what people have got with numbers.
Speaker 1: I saw one today. It's Laura spelled with a seven instead of the L.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you get the vibe of it, but it's obviously Laura was taken.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I love Laura, but I hate that number. What is your sweeping statement, Rachel?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 5: Bring back plastic utensils and.
Speaker 3: Hy and straws. Ah?
Speaker 2: Men?
Speaker 5: What coffee cup?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: Ah, no, not coffee cups.
Speaker 4: No, they've got the.
Speaker 5: Takeaway cardboard coffee cups. Now with the cardboard.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, the cardboard was awful.
Speaker 1: All your coffee gets soaked like a sponge into it, and it's awful.
Speaker 5: I agree.
Speaker 4: And the texture of the soggy cardboard on your it's beautiful.
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm going to get a cold sol.
Speaker 4: I really do, miss.
Speaker 2: I mean, I love dolphins, but I really missed the plastic straws from macas.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you I do too, you know, Rachel, do you miss plastic straws as well?
Speaker 5: I love a plastic straw. I really miss them.
Speaker 1: I miss them too, And you know what, I've found a place where you can get them where I'm not going to tell you, because me and my daughter go and then we order a drink, and then when they go to get the drink in their back is turned.
Speaker 3: We snatch handfuls of them and put them in.
Speaker 4: I want a plastic straw, dealer, that's cool.
Speaker 3: I'll bring them. I'll send you some. Rachel. We've got a good stash.
Speaker 4: Rachel. We're going to send you a soda stream Art push for Better.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get in trouble with that.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Laura, Hello, Hi, Hi, what is your sweeping statement?
Speaker 5: I'm sorry, but all men who wear waistcoats?
Speaker 1: Oh, this is controversial because Sampang, who is the thinking and I'm thinking woman's crumpet.
Speaker 3: Always wears a waistcoat. What do you say to that, Laura?
Speaker 5: Oh, if the waistcoaster, that's great.
Speaker 2: They're terrible, Laura, And a waistcoat under a suit just looks you.
Speaker 5: It's not necessary.
Speaker 4: Correct the suit does the talking?
Speaker 3: Jack?
Speaker 1: You are very close friends with Sampang. Have you told him that his waistcoats have got to go.
Speaker 2: I absolutely have, and I would like to think Pangy. I'd love panging I feel like he takes my advice.
Speaker 4: I don't know. This year and have you been paying attention? There were a lot more shirts.
Speaker 1: And no waistcoats. So he's moving away from the sty like on being Humphrey be Bear and more into just like a normal man.
Speaker 3: I get it. I get it.
Speaker 2: And Pangy's ripped and shredded, like put a tight shirt on, brochels you go.
Speaker 3: But that's why he wears the waistcoat. You understand.
Speaker 4: Why What does that do?
Speaker 1: It holds it all in, makes him look real, you know, in ways it's a fitted.
Speaker 4: I think it distracts from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I'm flattering Laura.
Speaker 4: So to stream art is on its way to you.
Speaker 3: Hello Eliza, Hello guy?
Speaker 5: How you going good?
Speaker 6: Thanks? How are you?
Speaker 3: I'm so good? What's your sweeping statement?
Speaker 5: The newborn stage sucks?
Speaker 3: Why? Who have you got one at home now?
Speaker 5: Or I have one at my feat currently six months old?
Speaker 3: Well that's not really newborn, is Oh you're saying.
Speaker 5: I'm coming out of the trenches now, coming out of the trench.
Speaker 3: What is it that sucked about it?
Speaker 5: I think you just screamed for the first four months of his last it's running to people who say, like, is this the best time in life? Well, no, I'm sure it will be, but well they can cry.
Speaker 2: You are a vibe and it's so refreshing to hear people be honest about it.
Speaker 5: It's great, but man, it's yeah, it is tough.
Speaker 1: Whenever my friends are pregnant having a baby, I tell them exactly what you just said. I said, because you've got to know no one told me.
Speaker 5: No one told me. I don't think either.
Speaker 3: You should have called me, Eliza.
Speaker 1: I would get get ready for the biggest catastrophe of your life.
Speaker 3: But it gets better, and I reckon there's two types of people.
Speaker 1: One who love the newborn stage and then lose interest as they get older.
Speaker 3: But you might be like me.
Speaker 1: I love it now. Leo's about to turn sixteen. I've got a thirteen year old eleven.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, perfect, it's great.
Speaker 2: About a decade to hang in there, Eliza. Eliza, We're going to send you a Soda stream Art and we're going to send your Priceline vouch as well to buy yourself some nice skin.
Speaker 4: Tall or something.
Speaker 1: Absolutely we are Eliza and let's finish with you Andrea.
Speaker 3: This is a big sweeping statement.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I reckon that the Beatles' music is rubbish and it sounds like it's been written for a kid.
Speaker 3: Ha ha.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, there are some this for example, yes, hello, yes you're right, but then there's like, you know, amazing ones as well.
Speaker 3: Come on, I mean, it.
Speaker 6: Doesn't compare to Taylor Swift.
Speaker 2: Come on, don't correct talking about it.
Speaker 3: The Chrissy Swan Show, The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: I mean, this woman becomes more and more of an icon with every passing day. There's a video doing the rounds at the moment of her performing live with the singing in her hand that exact song in a crowded auditorium.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know we don't endorse that, but she is the best chick in the world right now.
Speaker 3: Whipping the script.
Speaker 4: I love her.
Speaker 3: Let's do this, Swan's sweet. What are your own popular opinions?
Speaker 1: What are the things that people think you should never ever say, but you think it.
Speaker 3: Down to the ground thirteen twenty four ten, give.
Speaker 4: Us a call, kick us off, Swanee.
Speaker 1: Okay, here's my sweeping statement. When you're at a restaurant and you're looking at the menu. Mains are overrated and the sides are where it's at. Sides are better than main meals. And in fact, just this week went out to celebrate Leo's birthday. Yeah, we ordered exclusively from the starter's menu.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Starters, that's it.
Speaker 2: I often do that with friends and we try all of the starters, but we still get to the mains. I just worry I'm necessary. But are you still full after only sharing all the sides?
Speaker 3: Hey, when you order one of every side?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, really yep, sides and starters. I could very easily outlaw from my life any sort of main anything like that.
Speaker 2: But don't you find sometimes the sides are like that big Yes, so I order three Yeah, okay, someone's doing all right?
Speaker 4: Three three caviar prawn toasts.
Speaker 1: The restaurants side go to alserving wedges and sour cream, not a caviar prawn.
Speaker 4: Okay, I like it. It's a good sweeping statement.
Speaker 2: And also, over the last five years, restaurants have really lifted their sides games.
Speaker 1: Yes, so just order off that. Don't feel the pressure to conform. It's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: My sweeping statement is look alike competitions suck and need to be stopped.
Speaker 3: Where do they exist? Though?
Speaker 1: I only ever see them when there's like a Jason Bateman look alike competition and Jason Bateman wins it.
Speaker 4: Okay, let me give you my research I've done.
Speaker 2: So it all started swinging in October when there was a Timothy Shallow may Look like contest in New York City.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it went viral. It was all over, TikTok all over.
Speaker 3: Did anyone look like you?
Speaker 4: New sites? No, they never do.
Speaker 3: Unless it's person who turns out.
Speaker 2: And for this one, he turned up, so it's like, okay, well was it the idea just to get him there? Then there was one in Dublin for Paul Mascow.
Speaker 4: Was he turn up?
Speaker 2: Then there was one in London for Harry Styles? No one looks like Harry Styles, guys give up. Then there was one in Chicago for Jeremy Allen White. Now this is where it's really dumby.
Speaker 3: Did he turn up?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, But there's been one in Sydney for Heath Ledger, which I find a bit weird.
Speaker 4: That's odd, that's odd.
Speaker 2: And recently yeah, just over the weekends now December seven.
Speaker 3: Jack Charles, Jack Charles, they're.
Speaker 2: Trying to do one for Jacob e Lordie. Now, guys, none of you look like Jacob alord Okay.
Speaker 1: The reason that Jacob Elordi is a thing is because no one in the world, in the world looks like Jacob Elordi. No one is that perfect.
Speaker 4: No. Please.
Speaker 1: Also, here's another community service announcement. Yeah, if you are listening to this and you think I might turn up for that, I've got a chance of winning.
Speaker 3: You don't.
Speaker 1: You don't look like Jake Balordi. Nobody looks like Jacob Elordi. Stay at home and.
Speaker 2: It's a Saturday. Find something better to do, find a friend, get a hobby.
Speaker 3: I absolutely, really I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I like clickbait, right, I like scrolling these gossip sites. I don't want to see headlines about lookalike competitions.
Speaker 1: Having said that, if Cameron Mannheim had a lookalike competition, I.
Speaker 3: Would sorry kill it to google it.
Speaker 1: Chrissy Swan, so let's get unfobular Swans.
Speaker 3: Sweet? Yeah, what is the truth that you are scared to say?
Speaker 1: Alias high that is how you pronounce it.
Speaker 3: Chrisy is interesting.
Speaker 1: Taking away the menu.
Speaker 3: Too earlier, I feel like it should be a horrible event.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how long do you like to spend with a menu?
Speaker 3: Oh, Chrissy, I like to study it because the thing is you might order something, but then you might want something else.
Speaker 1: So do you like to order and then say to the waitress I'm just going to keep this here for later because i want to read something later.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I do do that, Christian. See you and I would not be able to dine together because I look up the menu before I get there, And more often than not, I sit down at the table and the waitress goes to give me the menu, and I'll say, no, that's fine, thank You'll have the eggplant parmesana on a side of polenta.
Speaker 4: Hips you've already decided.
Speaker 3: I don't even have to look.
Speaker 4: Alaya, Alia, Alia, Ahlia, Ahlia. What about keeping one menu? I always just say, hey, we'll keep one.
Speaker 3: That is a great idea.
Speaker 6: Yeah, look, I'm happy to keep one.
Speaker 3: As long as I've got one left on the table, I'll be happy.
Speaker 2: I just think keeping all four, if you're at a table of the clutter.
Speaker 4: Is just too much waiting. Oh no, I agree, with that. Yeah, okay, I get it, but let's fire the waiters. Hey, I leave if they take them away. A double past the gladiated two for you, Alia.
Speaker 1: Hello, Adam, Hi, what is your take on blue eyed people? Keep in mind that you're speaking to two of them now, Adam.
Speaker 6: To you, all love and respect to you. But blue eyed people are freak like genuinely they just the beady eyes, like the pupil too small, the eye color blue. That's not natural unless the ocean, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad to hear this, Adam, because have you got brown eyes or blue?
Speaker 6: I've got brown eyes. That it might be coming from a place of like loathing.
Speaker 1: See, I love this because I've never heard a person with brown eyes say I love my brown eyes. They're always saying to me because mine are very blue, you would hate me, Adam, Like, look away, I'm possessed. But look, I've never understood it because I love brown eyes. I think they're beautiful. But everyone with brown eyes wants blue ones.
Speaker 6: I don't, though I need. I want blue eyes so bad, Okay, I also want to be a freak.
Speaker 2: I think sweeping statement. The hottest people in the world have blue eyes really.
Speaker 1: I love brown eyes. I just think they're so warm. I'm gonna give you aggressive than you.
Speaker 2: Hey, Adam, We're going to send you a double paths to seat Gladiated two in cinemas. Now, we've got to be quick here, Beck, what's your sweeping statement?
Speaker 5: I definitely does not belong in the drink hard agree.
Speaker 2: Yack hard disagree, double pasta Gladiated too for you and finishing with Carolyn's.
Speaker 3: Carolyn, what is your sweeping statement? Family?
Speaker 5: Chris springles Fu.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, yes, tweet so Annie Renee, You've got Uncle Chris and Uncle Chris.
Speaker 3: You've got Little Polly and Poly for good.
Speaker 4: Christmas is over.
Speaker 3: Christy Swan Show is a nov podcast.
Speaker 1: For more great comedy shows like this, head to Noble podcast dot com.
Speaker 3: Don Are You