Speaker 1: To comply with Spotify's AI enforcement of copyright law. Parts of this podcast have been modified or removed. For the full experience, please listen live on over one hundred or live stream at Nova fm dot com dot au.
Speaker 2: Jason Lauren on Nov.
Speaker 3: One hundred, Well, good morning everybody, and hey, hey, happy Friday, Good morning Melbourne. Doesn't that give you a bit of a lift well spring in my step?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When I woke up this morning, I was like, yes.
Speaker 3: However, you just you just gave me some tragic news before we entered the studio. Who did this? Is not great? Not great.
Speaker 2: I just saw a thing on about I heard you.
Speaker 3: Heard about I Herb.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, they're the HERB people.
Speaker 6: So it says huge online retailer I heard to suspend sale of melatonin following well, it's following a spike inch children overdosing on malatona. But then it goes on to say one of the world's biggest online shops for sleep inducing lollies what we call them?
Speaker 3: So you get gum? Yeah, little meloton and gummies from there?
Speaker 6: What says the spiking children overdosing on melatonin in Western Australia.
Speaker 2: Over in the West, I.
Speaker 3: Lived in Perth for a year. They're all a bit cooked there.
Speaker 2: So what they're giving the kids too much malotony?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so they ruined it for everybody.
Speaker 2: But if you have too much melatonin doesn't make you hyper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to get the dose right.
Speaker 5: So you are customer.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: Do you say I heard herble? My dad says instead.
Speaker 5: Of her the other thing that she's me. People that say news are not news news?
Speaker 3: What is it news?
Speaker 6: Did you see the Channel nine news the news? Did you see the Channel nine news last night?
Speaker 5: That thing's pretty new.
Speaker 2: Doesn't say that.
Speaker 3: It says that it's ceasing operation.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, they're just holding cells of malotonin. But I know many parents.
Speaker 2: Yeah, be very careful.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, but that's going to affect a lot of people.
Speaker 6: I just saw the headline and I haven't actually read the article, but then you just maybe announced on it.
Speaker 2: I'll go back and thank you, thanks for putting me. I did just read.
Speaker 3: Leafed out the other website still up and running rong?
Speaker 2: What got to get for your children? Leafed out?
Speaker 3: No, No, you don't get it for the kids?
Speaker 5: Show bags.
Speaker 2: A legal website.
Speaker 3: Frown upon? Is it you know this is on that you just said you were No, No.
Speaker 2: I think it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. I asked it was still running, That's what I asked. I asked the cops about it when they were here. Once I forget what's it called.
Speaker 2: I'm googling it.
Speaker 3: Okay, while you do that, we will run through today's We had a lot coming up. Matt Bennett, you might what's wrong? What's wrong? Frown upon? I think it's I don't even think it's from Nickeoladian star Matt Bennett. You might recognize him. He has worked with Ariana grun Day. This guy a lot of people would have grown up with. He is now doing sold our gigs as a DJ around the world. He's going to join us.
Speaker 2: Twist, there's a twist to the DJ gigs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a really cool story. Actually, Matt's going to join us after seven this morning. We've got the great grocery giveaway sixty thousand dollars thanks to our mates at Cole's. When you hear the Coles truck driver give us, eren you score your yourself eight thousand dollars of groceries tomorrow, five thousand dollars Friday.
Speaker 2: Oh how good?
Speaker 3: Five grand for the grocery.
Speaker 6: That could go off anytime during the show. Yep, sometimes early multiple times.
Speaker 3: You remember when like Mum would do the big Christmas shop and you get all the extra like sometimes you do two trolleys if you're hosting Christmas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've got our I host Christmas. That's sneaking up on us, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Are you?
Speaker 2: I normally host Christmas?
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 5: September? October? It's still four months. It's a long time, I know.
Speaker 3: But she's going to make her own.
Speaker 6: I saw something the other day that was like, it's only nineteen mondays until Christmas.
Speaker 5: You'll be doing your shopping on the Monday before. Let's be honest.
Speaker 2: Well you can't get it wouldn't be fresh if I didn't.
Speaker 3: Where do you get your crackers? You'd have boogie crackers? I reckon.
Speaker 2: That's NaN's job. Oh Nan does the bom bombs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, like little Tiffany and Co. Thing pulls out.
Speaker 5: That's exactly right.
Speaker 6: Yeah, one's got like a gold nugget in it, and one's got like a diamond, and one's got like a key to a brand new Mercedes.
Speaker 3: Can I can't. She's doing that voice, that patronizing voices.
Speaker 7: And also we've got a surprise Jay later in the show footy themes because you're playing footy. You're making your debut.
Speaker 3: Playing for the dad's football team on the weekend. My anxiety levels are about eleven. We'll get to that a little bit later. On Nova. You are on the air with Jason and Clint's here as well. So was Patrick.
Speaker 6: Oh it's Jace, Lauren, Clint or Patrick could get his name on the show first?
Speaker 3: Oh god, that'll be awkward.
Speaker 5: Patrick, Good morning.
Speaker 3: So Patty was on the show last week.
Speaker 2: I believe bro call for five this week?
Speaker 3: Was it this week? They really all blend in.
Speaker 5: It's a big moment for Patricks.
Speaker 2: She means the weeks and the days blending.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Lauren, Thank you Lauren.
Speaker 2: All is always standard, they.
Speaker 5: Do, don't they?
Speaker 3: Can you give us the rundown on Patty? Please?
Speaker 1: It's Patrick's twenty first birthday this Sunday, So.
Speaker 2: Patrick for the five not yet, not yet?
Speaker 6: And when we said do you want what are you going to do for your twenty first he said, no plans yet, So we thought we'd just get him in and ask him about Patrick.
Speaker 3: He's on the way to work, so We're like, hey mate, swing bus studio six am scream, Shall we never too early?
Speaker 2: Get on your Patrick welcome?
Speaker 3: Last time you went to First.
Speaker 6: News, I couldn't even tell you. But where in the territory of going to like nieces and nephews.
Speaker 3: See, I got invited to my niece's twenty first last year and instead I couldn't make it was in Brisbane, so I was trying to be cool uncle. So I jumped on Uber eats and I sent a couple of bottles of.
Speaker 2: Fireballs because they were twenty one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bar balls my sister's house she was hosting. She wasn't impressed.
Speaker 2: She's twenty one chicknap fireballs.
Speaker 5: That's what I thought.
Speaker 3: She's like, can you not send like.
Speaker 2: Four bottles of Michelle's daughter?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, Raleigh the good good?
Speaker 6: Oh Rayley? Is Michelle would have taken the fireball herself?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, no one else would have seen it.
Speaker 5: Yes, he'll be doing fireballs today the Western Bulldogs because their finals dream is over. Oh yeah, came to an end last night.
Speaker 6: The Sons have made a final for the first time every massive.
Speaker 5: The Sunnies are in the finals.
Speaker 3: I turned it off last night. And a half time hundred points?
Speaker 6: Was it the colling You memorized the fixed cats be Lions, Giants v Hawks, docors v.
Speaker 3: It's well done, good Jop, tell you what lines and Cats is going to be a bloody big game.
Speaker 6: Thankfully. That was just on the TV on the Today Show and I read it straight off the screen because I had no idea. I didn't think Collingwood were in the finals this year.
Speaker 3: Excuse me?
Speaker 2: Into the top four, in the top four that that's right, top four. They get a second chance.
Speaker 5: They do get the double chance. Yes, So who do they play first week?
Speaker 2: I just said it.
Speaker 6: Then I'm just asking, well, one place four, so it will be the one place four, two plays three place, It'll be the Adelaide Crows.
Speaker 5: It is at the Adelaide Oval. What chat's going to be.
Speaker 6: That's going to be a crack. That's there's a lot of interstate teams not worried.
Speaker 3: Concerned is the word. I don't think.
Speaker 5: It's pretty simple.
Speaker 2: You get a second chance.
Speaker 3: I know, but I don't like to look at the.
Speaker 6: Sometimes the second chance can be funny one because they get a week off leading into the finals, then they play and if they win, they get another week off, So going into a quarter final, you can play one game in four weeks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that messes with you.
Speaker 6: It's a bit funny. I don't know why they do that because it can ruin the momentum.
Speaker 3: Eddie's going to redo the draw.
Speaker 2: Well, there is an opinion on it.
Speaker 5: The super Bowl has a week off before the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Is that why we did it?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well there is more merit in doing that before a grand final than there is before just a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree, because the excitement in.
Speaker 3: A two week build up, like, that's cool.
Speaker 6: Not into the Wednesday Night footy. It made me feel like it was Friday tonight.
Speaker 3: I was the same. I didn't like.
Speaker 6: But having said that, when Thursday Night Footy started and I said the same to me.
Speaker 3: I cracked my red and I was like, hang on, well, well, well it's Wednesday.
Speaker 2: This is weird drinking on a Wednesday or watching footy on a winds.
Speaker 3: Drinking on the Wednesday. I was like, this is odd.
Speaker 2: No, I'm fine with drinking on a window.
Speaker 3: I didn't put back.
Speaker 5: That's what I know. We're going to hit it a bit later as well. But congratulations also to Mitch Brown. Yes, who an incredible announcement yesterday coming out as bisexual, the first AFL player either past or present to do so.
Speaker 3: I had I'm still shocked by sorry, sorry, because I grew up in Queensland NRL boy. There was a lot of players that came out in the NRL. I am shocked and I would say I still think we have a cultural problem.
Speaker 5: Yeah, of course we do.
Speaker 3: Players aren't comfortable enough to come out in the AFL.
Speaker 2: I had no idea.
Speaker 6: There were no players that had hadn't come out post for I thought many had.
Speaker 5: The only professional sport in the world, Australian rules football until yesterday, not something to be proud. Isn't that extraordinary?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: But you know what, when you listen to what he had to say, has some very clear reasons why he wasn't absolutely all right.
Speaker 3: Well, we're going to dive into that just before seven this morning, and our Coal's great grocery giveaways coming up. When you hear the Coles truck rather give us a ring, screw you some thousand bucks where the goals groceries, guys, let's talk forty. The finals are just around the corner at the top eight officially locked in for September, foot air teams are gearing up for the biggest games of the season. You can stream it all live and ad break free on ko Sports.
Speaker 5: Okay, Cam Mooney joins us.
Speaker 2: Good Morning Moons, Morning Moons.
Speaker 8: Hello, Jaysonlars went, how are you all?
Speaker 2: We're excited more excited.
Speaker 8: About that giveaway? I go to a thousand dollars a week.
Speaker 3: Hey, Cam, put your money on it. Which team you reckons can take it out this season? Or is it too early to call?
Speaker 8: Uh No, I'll look at always. He's a little early, but I'm still going. Brisbane is my favorite. Brisbane and Geelong obviously play on Friday Night next week game huge games. I can't wait for that one. But yeah, I'm still tipping Brisbane at the moment, but hopefully long.
Speaker 2: Did the Cats still pull on your haunts strings? Moons the final season? Do you want to strap your boots on and get back out there?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: No, I do not. The way they run around now, I'm yeah, No, it's embarrassing. I still try and play basketball, and that's embarrassing.
Speaker 5: Some of the best days of life, Moons winning winning a premiership? What does it mean?
Speaker 8: It is?
Speaker 9: Well?
Speaker 8: The two better and seven one, So that was a forty four year dropped for the club. So that was pretty special. And I tell the story of I went into a tattoo parlor about four days later and I sat next to two or three sixty five year old women, grandmothers, who are getting Geelong tattoos and get out. They sat there and cried in my arms as I was getting it. Just little things like that, That's how special it me.
Speaker 6: I remember the whole of Geelong was painted blue and white that year, Moons.
Speaker 8: Would you get I think we took the car over that night long, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: I was pretty miss.
Speaker 2: I didn't get a tattoo, no, no, no, no. I didn't go down with boys and get at but I remember celebrating the win like I'm playing in it.
Speaker 8: Hey, Moons, Yeah, that was incredible.
Speaker 5: It's nice to know that loyalty is and dead in footy. Harley Reid has re signed. At the same time Jack Sulvanni's off somewhere we don't know exactly where. It's also silly season for the AFL. Firstly, what do you think about Harley Reid?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 8: No, look, I'm glad that he stayed and he's got a lot of work to do to probably to feel the potential that we all seen him. That doesn't mean he can't probably come home a little bit later. But I love the fact that he stayed there and he's going to go through the hard yard o the next few years at that footy club. We've still got a lot of hard yards to go. And you're right, Philly season. I do love it, to be honest. I love when players get thrown around.
Speaker 5: Now.
Speaker 8: I know we talk about loyalty, but they really went out the window a long time ago from both sides. You know you're loyal when you're at the club, and that's how you should be, but it doesn't mean you shouldn't look elsewhere.
Speaker 2: Did that go out the window when Gary Ablett went to the Gold Coast.
Speaker 8: Suns Moons, well went out the window. I was when I want to premiership in ninety nine and and Dennis Pagan packed my bag the next day, so that's what I knew. It became a business day. I remember seeing them. I will help you drive, I'll drive you to the airport, because that's the deal.
Speaker 3: You can't let go hey, you can catch all the games. We've got a huge month of sport ahead. K our Sports is a place to go and check it out. Cam Mooney join us on the air. Hey, good on your mate, Thanks your time, Cam.
Speaker 8: A great morning.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everybody, and happy for Friday.
Speaker 6: Good morning Melbourne, Good morning Thursday.
Speaker 2: Feels like Friday was Wednesday night. Footy.
Speaker 3: What's what I'm doing for the weekend.
Speaker 6: Well, I'm actually the plan is to have a very very quiet, low key ah yeah.
Speaker 5: Right, okay, I'm actually splitting my weekend. I'm coming home early. So am I doing this Saturday in Sydney? That's right? And I'm back for Saturday afternoon for.
Speaker 6: We're going to Jason's dad's footy match.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I'm coming home especially for you, Jase.
Speaker 6: Jase's playing in the school dad's footy game. We've got a mcguernsey for about what five minutes?
Speaker 2: Five ten?
Speaker 6: We'd like a quarter, but we're negotiating at the moment with some very serious dads.
Speaker 3: Very serious dads. I was telling Lauren.
Speaker 5: Off the air.
Speaker 3: Then yesterday afternoon, the Italian teacher from the boys' school, God love her. Her husband had just made a batch of tiramasoux, so she dropped me one around Oh that's car blurting, isn't.
Speaker 2: It for that's prep for an athlete, if ever, I've heard it.
Speaker 3: And when she dropped it around, said, oh, I heard you playing in the dad's football match. Here's a pamphlet. This is a rundown of both teams.
Speaker 5: Oh like a team sheet?
Speaker 3: A team sheet, and where do they have you? I wasn't on the sheet. Obviously a late addition.
Speaker 2: So the kids were like, Dad's not playing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the kids don't think I'm playing.
Speaker 2: They devastated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they were a little bit.
Speaker 6: I'm like that, go on, Dad's just include him as an emergency, doesn't doesn't need to play. Also, dad's settle down. Why is it going out as a school Notice what dads are playing in the dad's footy team.
Speaker 3: There was a couple of names on there.
Speaker 2: Ganized, oh yeah, like as in there your enemies.
Speaker 3: No, no, as in just like famous, like oh I don't want to go up against them? Do you want one?
Speaker 5: Like he's in an AFL Hall famer.
Speaker 3: Nick Reewell, it's playing on the other school team.
Speaker 2: No air on another radio station.
Speaker 3: He does triple and breakfast. This is going to be clash of the breakfast.
Speaker 5: Radio wonderful, one of the greatest sayers of all time, lareen. But that feel as he was. You remember that describing you, remember that specky You took that mark where he went back with the.
Speaker 2: Flight of the ball, but also settle down. Nick reewollt like, give the dads a turn.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Lauren, Go and do the.
Speaker 6: Canteen or the school board or something. Bro, we don't need a hero. Give everyone else to go. Imagine it, Nick kick, it didn't.
Speaker 3: I I'll run through a couple of the other names later. But I sent a photo to Brady, executive producer the Footy Nuffy on the team. Brady, what was your reaction when you saw the rundown. I'm nervous for you.
Speaker 2: I don't think you're going to get any can you?
Speaker 5: I Mentionine.
Speaker 3: He rang me and said, you're fing dead.
Speaker 2: I thought this was a fun social game, so did I.
Speaker 3: Lauren. The calls A little law truck has arrived.
Speaker 6: Please call thirteen twenty fourteen to collect your groceries.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 3: That's all right, thousand bucks with the groceries up for grabs. Next and more on the Dad's forty match A little bit later on.
Speaker 5: Wow You one on one with Nick revol is going to be amazing.
Speaker 2: I just push him straight out of the way.
Speaker 3: Who me or him?
Speaker 2: He'll push you all right.
Speaker 3: Thanks for clearing that up. Appreciat it. You are on the air with Jason and Lauren. Are a little bit of rain today. Tops of fifteen we are going.
Speaker 7: For Jason Lawrence sixty j Coles sring give away.
Speaker 3: Give give it a week, let's go on Alabis then AH twenty four to ten thanks to Mata Cole's shop Coals Deliver More for an extended range of on time delivery and next to no substitutes. Shop online or via the app available in selected areas. Only thousand dollars worth of Coal's groceries up for grabs. And then tomorrow.
Speaker 6: Tomorrow there's a five thousand dollars going someone now.
Speaker 3: To win the five k tomorrow, you've got to go to NOREFM dot com dot au and register your details.
Speaker 6: We appreciate the phones are going mad for this, so if you can't get through, don't punny. There is a second chance to win, and it is a opera of a prize. Five thousand dollars. Now we're going to be giving away cash throughout the morning. So if you've missed out now, stay tuned to the rest of the show. But first of all, our first thousand dollars for the Morning in Coles is going to Abby.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Hey, Hello.
Speaker 3: Hello, hello, that's notice where the Corles grocery is coming your way.
Speaker 9: Thank you so much, no worry, welcome, enjoy Abby.
Speaker 2: You lovely morning to very polite.
Speaker 5: She's very polite, isn't she. What are you up to today, Abby.
Speaker 10: I'm actually heading for work.
Speaker 11: I'm a.
Speaker 5: Little kids.
Speaker 3: Yes, thank you very much for all the work you do.
Speaker 2: You have a great day, Abby, she'd.
Speaker 5: Have fun scrubs, yeah, like the peoples on them and stuff.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, the people are working the kids hospital and stuff like that. It's always the fun scrubs.
Speaker 2: You do a great job all the stuff at the children's hospital.
Speaker 3: Remember we went through a scrub stage.
Speaker 2: Well we didn't. You made us order someone make it will well.
Speaker 5: No. I made the point that people, people who didn't work in hospitals were wearing scrubs comfortable.
Speaker 2: Quite good to wear when you're cleaning the hat.
Speaker 5: We met the scrub choir the other day.
Speaker 2: Oh do you remember we did COVID.
Speaker 6: During OVID when everyone was separated and the nurses formed the scrub choir and they were all doing it on zoom and they were putting all their videos together, singing these amazing songs.
Speaker 2: Nurses from all over the world. It was massive. Anyway, We're at a o c r function the other night and they performed.
Speaker 6: That's all these doctors and nurses in their scrubs singing.
Speaker 2: They had amazing voices.
Speaker 3: It was actually totally have been at the park drinking a cocktail out of a coffee cup went.
Speaker 2: It was like bringing all the doctors and nurses.
Speaker 5: That's cooling. And then she joined in and she went, of course she did.
Speaker 3: It was a very sister. I will follow him, follow him. It was very good.
Speaker 2: No, there's no mountains to deep ocean deep.
Speaker 5: About okay?
Speaker 3: Was that on the Eagle Boys out as well for pizza.
Speaker 5: Eagle Boys is Queens and Bray Brazza.
Speaker 3: Back to Brisy Man it is has got eighteen to seven. This is number one hundred more Corles groceries to go after seven. Good morning, you're on the air with Jason. Lauren Clint's here as well.
Speaker 5: So momentous day in the AFL yesterday. It was momentous for a few reasons. The first and foremost because Mitch Brown, former West Coast Eagles player, declared that he is bisexual. Now the Australian Rules Football as a competition is the only competition anywhere in the world that a player, either past or present, has come out as gay or bisexuals, the only practice in the world. It's it's extraordinary, extraordinary.
Speaker 3: It angers me that obviously the environment's not comfortable enough for them.
Speaker 2: To do because there is definitely.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 5: As well because it comes hot on the heel of what was a comment just a week involving Isaac Rankin, and I think we said at the time we hope that that acts as a bit of a line in the sand. Well, Mitch's courage yesterday was on full display when he said this.
Speaker 4: Played in the AFL for ten years for the West Coast Eagles and I'm a bisexual man. I shared with the boy's mum my ex wife, Shay, what.
Speaker 5: I was going to do.
Speaker 4: She sent me a text message says good luck this morning. I'm so proud of you and right behind you all the way. This will make the world a slightly better place for our boys and young men in Australia hopefully old men too.
Speaker 3: This is living the.
Speaker 5: Values of the kind of man.
Speaker 4: I want our boys to grow up to be men that care and are proud of who they are.
Speaker 6: I mean, what a great text, what a great team as well the two of them must be as a family. And having lots of friends who have come out. I've got lots of gay mates. That process of talking to your family, I mean, over the years, from when I was in high school my very first friend told me he was gay, to friends who are coming out now that process has changed. It is like a much simpler process for some people and for other people. It's still tremendously difficult as it.
Speaker 3: Out of three young boys, and I don't care what their sexuality will be in the future. I just want them to feel comfortable enough to be themselves, right And yeah, I just and I agree with you, Lauren. We have come so far, and I hope that by the time my boys are comfortable enough to decide their sexuality.
Speaker 5: Then there is still a stigma, as evidenced in part of the interview Lauren as well.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Mitch spoke and look, I believe the whole podcast is coming out dropping today, so we've only heard snippets of it, but there was something that he said that is just shocking and it makes you probably understand a little bit more into why people aren't comfortable coming out while they're playing in the AFL.
Speaker 2: Have listened to twenty seven when this was.
Speaker 3: Talked brought up.
Speaker 4: At one time when I was playing around no gay men in the AFL, I remember two people having a conversation around how they would feel having a shower next to a gay man, and one of the players referred to it, I'd rather be in a cage full of.
Speaker 5: Lines than have a shower next to a gay man.
Speaker 4: And I didn't say anything.
Speaker 3: I remember that feeling so like, it's so strong.
Speaker 5: Wow, can you imagine that moment being Mitch Brown. Oh, but there would be and exactly there would be other people right now feeling that way heartbroken and isolated, which is just it. I mean, it's a workplace, but you are surrounded by teammates who are meant to be friends as well.
Speaker 9: That is just.
Speaker 3: Good on your fee, be hard on the man, a lot of courage, a lot of courage.
Speaker 6: It will also just make such a difference to other people. I think that there probably would have been an extra amount of pressure people would have felt not wanting to be the first personally, because it is it's your private life, right, and this is I've had this conversation with friends of mine who have come out, and they're like, why do I have to make an announcement that I'm gay?
Speaker 2: Why can't I just be gay? Why do I need to make like you didn't have to go to.
Speaker 6: Your workplace and say, hey, guys, I agree, I'm straight. And I've had this conversation with friends who are so close to me who have said, I don't understand why I can't just bring it a guy home, like you got to bring a guy home.
Speaker 2: What is the difference? Why do I need to make an announcement.
Speaker 3: I've had a similar conversation with a lot of gay friends I've got, And there are sort of two camps to it. One is that I'm in that one I'm like, I get frustrated. I'll be honest, I get frustrated We're covering this sort of stuff on the show. I'm like, it shouldn't be a big issue. But then on the other side of things, they go, but it is such a massive thing for me to tell people this this happen, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 12: So they.
Speaker 3: Are proud that they're coming out and they're making an announcement.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, this had to happen at some stage. It seemed inevitable. I'm so glad it has happened, and let's us hope it makes it. It's still going to be a big step for whoever follows Mitch, Yeah, but it'll be less of a big step that makes it.
Speaker 6: Because I'm sure Mitch Brown doesn't want to be known as the first AFL player to come out right, wants to get on with his life. And good on him because he, like his ex wife said to him, he's making that path easier for other men and women moving forward. Now in the AFL W there are many openly gay women.
Speaker 3: Was it not an issue there?
Speaker 6: I think that they're they're obviously behind the scenes. Is an issue within clubs like we've seen this week.
Speaker 5: Yep.
Speaker 6: But I really sincerely hope and I'm sure it will. What Mitch Brown has has bravely come out very publicly, because there are a lot of ex footballers living privately the lives that they want to homosexual lives, which is terrific.
Speaker 3: I agree with you though there's obviously a cultural problem inside the AFL, and you're looking only a couple of weeks ago. We waited what a week to find out the band on Isaac Enkin crazy like it's ridiculous.
Speaker 5: Well, what changed again? What changes that is leadership And what Mitch Brown showed yesterday was immense leadership a mens, immense courage and immense heart. And we can do this morning is send our love to him and our congratulations and.
Speaker 2: You've made the path look for people moving forward.
Speaker 3: What a guy. Good on your Mitchie morning Melbourne. This is number one hundred year on the air with Jase and Lauren Clint here as well. Just go on ten past seven, guys, it's overcast and today let's send to China.
Speaker 5: China, China, China.
Speaker 2: What's happening in China, Hannah, China?
Speaker 5: That trumpy China?
Speaker 2: By the way, he's Donald Trump said, can you do it?
Speaker 3: Can you do it?
Speaker 2: I've got you two doing.
Speaker 5: Wonderful, Trumpy. I'm not too Trump China.
Speaker 2: You guys are doing it.
Speaker 3: No, come on, come on, you feel great.
Speaker 2: I'm totally fine.
Speaker 3: You're about to do it. You're about to just tell us to get China Grabs.
Speaker 2: Spoke over the top of my m I'm not doing.
Speaker 3: Okay, I did it? Clint just spoke over the He didn't hear it wasn't it didn't happen.
Speaker 2: And I was he a couple actually applauded me, went yeah, there you go, and.
Speaker 5: He trumps in the room.
Speaker 3: And only an Australian couple would do this. They were staying at a high rise in China. It was Australians, fifty levels in their sky room.
Speaker 2: All bougie too, this couple on holidays.
Speaker 3: The hotel had one of those corner sparks in the little very nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 5: Stop it.
Speaker 3: They were filling up the spar bubble bu got distracted.
Speaker 2: It's happened to the best of us. Most bathtubs now have that overflow.
Speaker 3: Well not nineteen ninety when they put all those corner spars in. This thing flooded down all floors of the hotel.
Speaker 5: All floors, you know, a few floors.
Speaker 6: I think he's put a bit of a I don't think went down fifty Did they keep it running for a year?
Speaker 3: Don't ruin the story, bro, have you right?
Speaker 5: I ruined the story? Brid What is happening.
Speaker 3: The thirtieth. I'm so glad I did the runner. We went to a thirtieth on Saturday night.
Speaker 2: I can't even talk about it.
Speaker 3: Laurence stayed, I did the Well.
Speaker 2: I wasn't there when this happens.
Speaker 3: Okay, you'd left.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, it's gone.
Speaker 3: I didn't cause it and then leave, did you?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not? Something. Someone tried to flush something down the toilet, we believe, so.
Speaker 3: Then everything that was in the pipes started coming out. I don't know, no, no, no, put it this way. We won't name it, but may see it works here posted on air task of the next day, would someone please come and unblock my toilet? There is a rogue poo sitting on the seat. Guess guess how much you're tasting on the seat.
Speaker 2: Because everything came up. It was coming up through the drains, through.
Speaker 3: The Guess how much. She posted on air task she said about the one hundred bucks you need more than that's what I can't believe. No one took the job. If you've got poo in the description, that's an instant five hundred dollars.
Speaker 6: No about She was showing us photos and videos and I was like, this is revolting, and she just sat here showing me.
Speaker 2: I'm like, put your phone down. I don't want to see it, you.
Speaker 3: Know, I don't want to know about her with a little screeching.
Speaker 6: Like mums that stuff. Like my moms just have more patience than other when you were two. I don't think mums should have to do it. That's not what I'm saying. I just I feel like mums are better at just dealing with bad situations.
Speaker 2: They just can't.
Speaker 6: Yeah, However, if I thought my mom and said, could you come to my house, it's been the situation at a house party last night, I don't think Liz be hot footing it over Lisa.
Speaker 3: And there we were in good morning, Lise, We're good your daughter flattered the house.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 10: Yeah, after a night out for her birthday, she fell asleep on the plug hole.
Speaker 2: Now, Lisa, this is what happened at school.
Speaker 6: Is in the apartment I was in my one of my best friends, Elise fell asleep under the tower and sat on the plug and we all woke up to the whole apart.
Speaker 3: How bad was at least?
Speaker 8: Oh it was bad.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the floor, bathrooms, bedrooms and all of them, like the back end of the house without two weeks old floorboards.
Speaker 3: Sounds like a good sleep though.
Speaker 2: She would have been in the in the good books.
Speaker 3: My brother in law did it as well. He did such a queens anything. He went out wedding the head of the baby.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, what happened? Happens.
Speaker 3: It means my sister is in the hospital with the baby and my brother in law Brett's out on a bender and then he got yeah, he got home.
Speaker 2: Mom doesn't get to go.
Speaker 3: Pretty much.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the blokes go out and sometimes smoke cigars.
Speaker 3: Not in the birth suite, No, not in the birth Sorry, can you hold my cub and I just need to cut the cord.
Speaker 2: And'll be like, this happens while the mum is still in the hospital.
Speaker 3: My brother in law passed out in the shower and flooded the house.
Speaker 2: It's really top things off.
Speaker 3: She was headless.
Speaker 6: Can you imagine if I had just given birth and pause like anyway, I'm going out with the boys, and then I'd found out he'd flooded the house.
Speaker 3: I think you would have been annoyed. Way before the flood he would have been dead.
Speaker 5: Funeral. Did your mother in law have that grill implant on the cheek?
Speaker 3: No, it was my brother.
Speaker 5: Was your mother in law?
Speaker 3: I didn't walk in and from my mother in law nude in the shower.
Speaker 2: Do you think grandma's going out and wedding the baby's head?
Speaker 3: That was my brother in law?
Speaker 5: Sorry?
Speaker 3: Yes? Did he have great ass? Yes he did.
Speaker 2: Do you think it was when?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Did you think win?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 2: What you reckon? She got on the cigar.
Speaker 5: I could see her smoking a cigar.
Speaker 3: Congratulations Jason. If you want me passed out nude in the shower on.
Speaker 2: Your big winds, I mean, I don't mind.
Speaker 6: I don't mind the grandmother's going out celebrated big wins.
Speaker 3: It has just gone a quarter past. Let's check you run to it. Well, good morning everyone, it is just go on twenty six to eight. It's still to come this morning. We're gearing up for the weekend. I am partaking in my kids school dad football.
Speaker 2: Now we all know you're pretending you don't.
Speaker 5: Want to do it.
Speaker 3: I am happy to walk away right now.
Speaker 6: He has been pumping up his sires talking about how he's been down at the.
Speaker 2: Park seeing his goalie. I cannot he went last night, Selimber.
Speaker 3: It is so far behind the truth.
Speaker 5: You wouldn't and won a match today buin surrounded by footy stars.
Speaker 3: Wait till you hear the lineup. I got this yester afternoon, and I am terrified.
Speaker 6: Jessu's playing for anyway. We'll talk about it after it. He's playing forty on the weekend after eight good Yep, Monday. Turns out it might not be here on Monday.
Speaker 3: We're about to be joined by one of the big stars from Nickelodeon that you've grown up with over the years. Before we get to that, we were entering it was a day three day form the manage.
Speaker 5: In poor Punker. Yesterday, Force Command released the photos and the names of these two brave police men who were killed in the line of judy. They are and we remember them this morning, Detective Leading Senior Constable Neil Thompson and Senior Constable Adam de Vat, who were both being remembered for their bravery and their courage.
Speaker 3: Victoria Police posted about them yesterday with a nice insight into what the two gentlemen were like.
Speaker 2: Yeah about not just about who they were as police officer, the family men.
Speaker 3: At the end of the day, these guys are brothers there, you know, husband's dads.
Speaker 6: Neil Thompson was just days away from retiring, and Vadim is his family are actually all overseas. He's got cousins and aunties and uncles here, but his siblings and his parents are in Belgium.
Speaker 5: He came here and he fell in love with Melbourne, which is in itself just completely heartbreaking.
Speaker 6: But it was great to see last night. Flint the street station was lit up, Brown was lit up. There were many places around Melbourne that were lit up in blue for our faign police officers. And like we said yesterday, the Victorian Police and the entire police community are doing it really tough. So if you see a policeman out there today, just let them know you're thinking of you.
Speaker 3: Read out an amazing letter to the Victoria Police yesterday. If you haven't heard it or seen it, I strongly encourage you to go to our Insta or Facebook. Jason Lauren on socials we posted it. There so many comments comments coming through. Last night. Gale posted my daughter graduated last November from the police academy. I have to worry about her going to work, and I'd like to be positive and not worry about what she has to face. But my thoughts are with the families of those two police officers. That's what I was saying yesterday. Just imagine having a sibling, a daughter, or a son.
Speaker 2: Who's a police with these people.
Speaker 6: They put on the uniform and their police officers, but they're also husbands and wives and mums and sons and daughters and brothers and sisters, and they're going to work to protect us and they do an amazing, amazing job.
Speaker 3: So from the bottom of our hearts, our thoughts go out to the family those two police officers.
Speaker 5: They're valet to those those tragic, tragic deaths.
Speaker 3: It's just.
Speaker 2: Hard to believe.
Speaker 1: Guest is a DJ and an actor who is the star of the Nickelodeon show Victorious and has had the privilege of serenading Ariana Grande.
Speaker 13: I think your swear, I think you're swell.
Speaker 3: Jealous.
Speaker 13: Please welcome to the shows.
Speaker 3: He joined us this morning, Map Manner, welcome back to Melbourne and.
Speaker 9: The pleasure is all mine. I'm so excited to be here.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Your story is pretty remarkable. Like a lot of people. Gen Z, who works on the show we call he aro Out, twelve year old producer, has grown up watching you hijen on Nickelodeon, and then now you're touring the world pretty much as a daj doing an eighteen plus gig here in Melbourne.
Speaker 9: I can't believe it myself. Sometimes I really hit the jackpot, and especially like what's amazing about djaying is it's me with a backpack and a carry on, and that's sort of why you know, it's connected all over the world. I'm able to travel and I like traveling. I love getting to come to places like Australia.
Speaker 12: What are we hearing?
Speaker 3: This gig?
Speaker 9: A lot of throwback tracks. I worked on a Nickelodeon show called Victoria Yes, and one of the main drawing points is we play a lot of the songs from the show, remixes, mashups, but it's a lot of things from that era. And while the show is eighteen and up at the Forum, it's a family friendly thing. So if you're eighteen but you have a mom who maybe you know you listen to the songs in the car or she watched over your shoulder. It's family friendly. It's really fun for everyone to come and see.
Speaker 3: So I'm just trying to think what you would Victorious have been in its heyday.
Speaker 9: Twenty ten in Too about twenty fourteen. But we were one of the first shows that, immediately after we ended, got put on streaming, so I've never been unavailable. We were on nickelode at least in the States. We were on Nickelodeon, then teen Nick and then Netflix, so we've always been sort of a presence since we started airing. We're also the show that launched Ariana Grande.
Speaker 6: I was going to say we might sound really old, not being fully aware of it, but was Ariana Grande in that precisely?
Speaker 2: That's where she got a start.
Speaker 9: Yeah, Yeah, and she sang on the show, she acted and now she's Oscar nominated Ariana Grande.
Speaker 3: Did you go on to do starring two of Ariana's music videos?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 9: I was in two of her music videos as well as the as the love interest.
Speaker 2: I I know, what's the role everyone wants.
Speaker 9: Yeah, so thank You Next was the most recent one, but also a song called One Last Time? Were both bangers?
Speaker 5: Do keep going off to children's television Lauren because Lauren, Yeah, hosting their own kids TV show.
Speaker 2: Here in Australia.
Speaker 6: Really, I hosted Kids w BA for eight years, which was the Warner brother Show. But I host did with Shane Crawford, not justin Bieber.
Speaker 9: The promos exist of this. One of the things that I kind of try and do with my show is I try and cater it to whatever market I'm in, So we play things not just from America but round the twist are commercials her foot?
Speaker 3: Did you be Black and White? Are you playing the Forum anytime soon?
Speaker 2: I mean I might make a pop up appearance. Who know, nostalgia you know, and you take your mam. I'm probably more in marmal Dad's hitting zone.
Speaker 9: It's honestly, it's it's my favorite thing. Seeing kids with their parents having a good time. That's when you know that you really I like to think the best shows are the ones where even the security guards are having a good time, and that's most of them.
Speaker 3: Do you like to still double enacting? The reason I ask is because obviously you're my Ariana Wicked. Is there ever a chance would say you pop up?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 9: You know, I'm getting more into the writing and producing side, but I don't know if this is you know, the trades have picked this up in the States, but there are going to be episodes of Victorious. They're doing a spinoff series.
Speaker 2: Where are they now where are they now?
Speaker 5: Well, you know, one of them.
Speaker 9: We are talking. We are talking to the creatives and trying to figure stuff out. So I know I've read the pilot.
Speaker 3: I see you want more money.
Speaker 9: We haven't even gotten to it yet. I want to make sure that we do it right.
Speaker 5: I want to make sure.
Speaker 9: But you know, it's going to be a different it's called Hollywood Arts, so not called Victorious. It's a new cast of characters. And I think that's kind of the secret to success. A lot of these reboots are just the same actors back.
Speaker 6: They can be, don't Sometimes people go back for just one or two too many seasons and you think, oh, they should have left.
Speaker 9: It exactly want Yeah, so you know, maybe a four episode arc or something as opposed to just relying on you know, it's more of the same. But they're older and a little bit more tired.
Speaker 3: Full of house.
Speaker 9: I like, I'm a fuller House fan.
Speaker 3: I'm whatever happened to?
Speaker 12: What?
Speaker 3: We always when that go off?
Speaker 9: Should I play that?
Speaker 5: At the show?
Speaker 9: I heard you were doing Golden Girls, and I'm like, we.
Speaker 6: Always play the gold That's how we finish our show because we think we're like three old queens sitting and.
Speaker 9: I never know what translated and what didn't to Australia girls. Yes, you do a little H two O. You know that that was maybe a little after everything said it. No, hang on just that water yeah do you?
Speaker 2: Uh wait? What is that a song?
Speaker 12: Show?
Speaker 9: Remember that there's also there's a commercial. Now it gets like my head one three, double oh six, triple five six. You hear the entire set, You hear the entire room sing along to this little jingle.
Speaker 6: Ja Jace has been wanting to do a jingle all the Way show where it's the symphony orchestra playing jingles.
Speaker 9: Yes, it's it's a it's an amazing what you see people's face just change and.
Speaker 3: The whole orchestra is there and all they do is jingle after jingle. So it be like the Pizza Hut commercial. Into lootmobile.
Speaker 9: You should put the ubermobile.
Speaker 5: We'll come to you.
Speaker 9: This is why I want to I'm so glad to do this because I've been asking people and they give me so many great recommendations of oh, this is something so Australian. Yeah, so I will addlube mobile, l u b e mobile.
Speaker 2: It's like lubrick and feel current.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's what I figured.
Speaker 3: It's not a van it comes around with a John dildo on top or anything like that.
Speaker 9: Good morning, Good morning everybody.
Speaker 3: Look if you want to go and check out Matt Bennett. This this sounds like a fun not I love your energy, mate. That's nice to have positive things like this going on. He is at the Forum Thursday night. Limited tickets left and this Friday sold out.
Speaker 9: Friday is sold out, so we added the second show.
Speaker 8: T E. G.
Speaker 3: Dainty dot com is the place to go. We'll put the link on our socials as well. Matt fun thanks for coming in.
Speaker 9: So much for having me. I really love Australia. I you know, the first time that I came here, Victorious had just ended. I was unsure of what I was doing with my life, and so Nicko Lertny threw me this lifeline and they brought me to the Gold Coast. I shot a show called Camp Orange and I just love the culture here and I was like, I'm so sad. I was like, I never I don't know when I'll ever come back. I'm going to come back two years in a row. I love it so much. I love Tim TAM's and Bilbie's.
Speaker 3: And Matt Bennett Johnny is on the air. Well you ate that. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We want to stick with this and talk jingles, jingles, whether it's a commercial. What about the TV show.
Speaker 2: He's Your Friend, the Crab Guy Dom.
Speaker 3: Third ay and twenty fourteen. What's your favorite jingle? Melbourne third a and twenty four ten is our number. We are talking jingles this morning. We're talking commercial jingles, TV show jingles.
Speaker 6: Jason's always wanted to do a concert of the Melbourne Symphonic.
Speaker 2: Sorry my whole life.
Speaker 3: I know it's just more the word you stopped on. Yeah it was risky, no no, no shoes all right, okay, Yeah, I've always wanted to do a concert jingle all the way where we get like the big orchestra. I can never say the name mso Melbourne Symphony Orchestra on the Symphony Orchestra, say Melbourn Symphony Orchestra. Give it a go, Melbourne's Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. Here you gay boy load them at the Mya Music Bowl and then they just do jingle after jingle, don't mind it. And then you have the man with the funny little stick going. Okay, grack guy, you'll do the grack rong one Louve Mabeer would have to find the kid with the lisp yep.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten, asking you what.
Speaker 5: Is twenty fourteen thirteen?
Speaker 2: Did I have that wrong?
Speaker 9: Too?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, I'm doing Oh you're doing the thirste No, because I don't know how to say that without I could only say thirteen thirty thirty two.
Speaker 5: A stroke, you're a thirteen twenty fourteen.
Speaker 2: I'm fine.
Speaker 6: Everyone's correcting the way I'm speaking, and I'm not sure why the microphone.
Speaker 5: Fella, excuse you a microphone?
Speaker 2: It's my fault.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten is that number? Let's go to mill Park, Kate, what's your favorite jingle?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 2: So mine is a catchy one.
Speaker 14: Yep, it's keep yours open for a bug and cars.
Speaker 2: I drove past car City the other day with you, Clint, Yes, science this one Cassidy dot com dot are you.
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 5: Casty mind? Back during that ad, did the bloke's eyes go.
Speaker 3: No, Kate, you've seen the ad a few times.
Speaker 5: Remember he's on not for a long time. These eyeballs are all bulgie in that crazy thirty twenty look it up on.
Speaker 3: Your thirteen twenty four to ten. In return, I got turned to the Archie Brothers. Vouchers up for grabs. We are talking jingles. What's your favorite? Oh, there's one my kids love and it'll get stuck in your head. We'll go the next it is Chase. Lauren Clint's here as well.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 3: We're talking jingles, you know, like Suship sushi.
Speaker 2: That's the sushi that's always loved.
Speaker 6: The Cancer Council one that was slap, slap, slap, slip bun of shirt, slap on sunscreen and slap.
Speaker 5: A has a pelican?
Speaker 2: Yeah it was a pelican. I think it was far more in tune in the original.
Speaker 3: Version's thirty plus.
Speaker 6: It lasts for hours and hours and hours. Funny name, serious, serious banana boat screen along was banana boat.
Speaker 2: Wasn't there assault? Pnomenagnomena?
Speaker 3: Do I need to bring back jingles?
Speaker 6: We were talking before about there was this video that's gone viral again. It's four years ago, but it's just come back on the socials. It's doing the rounds at the moment. Who wrote the Bunnings jingle?
Speaker 5: And my name is Treda Hilton and Yes, I wrote that jingle on a nice Sunday afternoon in January nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: For me, it was just another day of the office, jingling away, very keyboard, this very flobby disc with this very more than sever.
Speaker 10: And so I rolled tape with my basic track and basically improvised a like.
Speaker 3: This bass brass is just the beginning.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in nineteen ninety five. How good's that? I believe I want to get here more a jingle expert on one day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he's too rich to It.
Speaker 2: Was nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 3: He'd be living off the profits.
Speaker 6: That was quite some time ago, like thirty years ago. Oh, I see he's I don't know he would be. He would be quite an elderly man. Oh yeah, yeah, but there will be another jingle writer out. If not him, we could.
Speaker 3: Try creepy nineteen ninety five.
Speaker 5: You're yeast news jingles.
Speaker 2: I'm like people born in nineteen ninety thirty. No, yes, the Y two K, the y two K bug was a quarter of a century ago. Yeah, I know. Anyway back to jingles, So don't get.
Speaker 5: The breast news jingles always stuck a chord with me. Given I work in the US do you remember a newsreader in Melbourne called Brian Naylor?
Speaker 2: He was g right, did it happen?
Speaker 5: He had his own jingle? It was Brian told me? Do you remember that?
Speaker 13: Yes, Brian, I know everything I needed to know.
Speaker 3: Brian told me so.
Speaker 2: No, I've never heard that. Clint, we should bring that back for you.
Speaker 3: We don't have breaking news down away, showed me.
Speaker 2: Now, I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm more confused than I was in the first place because Clint, Clint got it wrong.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we should bring a jingle. We need a jingle writer in here to write some jingles.
Speaker 3: Let's got to pack him. Good morning, Kelly, good morning Hello.
Speaker 2: What's your favorite jingle?
Speaker 10: Oh it's a bit of a love hate relationship with this one.
Speaker 5: But the Sushi Hub Jace.
Speaker 2: Was just singing that sushishi.
Speaker 5: That's it.
Speaker 2: So I know that. But where do you get Sushi Hub from?
Speaker 8: I have a shot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, he's on the on the high Street.
Speaker 3: Are you kidding me?
Speaker 2: I've never seen the sushi.
Speaker 6: I've never seen the sushi everywhere. I don't think I've got a sushi humping me. Glenn Frey, Right, all right, all right, I'm going I tried so fresh, so eat me, eat now, don't forget now?
Speaker 2: Is it sushi rolls?
Speaker 5: Good so fresh? Not eat me.
Speaker 2: Unless they're singing sushi rolls, which would also be eat me.
Speaker 3: Just wrapped up in the little the hands out, so eat me, Sean? Now, what was Welcome to the Shenanigans this morning?
Speaker 12: Mate?
Speaker 3: What what's your favorite jingle?
Speaker 12: Well, it's one of your good sponsors.
Speaker 3: The calls that down down.
Speaker 6: That was the old school calls jingle. No, no, wrong one our Jason, he's fat hungos.
Speaker 2: We need a jingle for this.
Speaker 5: We need whatever you need.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no no no no, I don't know.
Speaker 3: He can't. He can't put on your shore. You know what, Sewn you wrang the show? So what don't you do the bloody again?
Speaker 5: Are you guys?
Speaker 3: Son?
Speaker 13: Damn down?
Speaker 3: Prices are down? That was Jason.
Speaker 2: Good on your Shan Shah.
Speaker 3: I'm going to send you a photo of me using your Archie Brothers voucher. Sean, No give it, I don't care.
Speaker 2: No, Sean hates you.
Speaker 9: This on you.
Speaker 2: What else you got to say to Jake Sewan No.
Speaker 3: Keep no, it's eight o'clock. This gets in the car shod goodluck it not getting knocked out. Thanks, sure, I appreciate that. Good Man in Melbourne. It is just going on twelve past stage. I've got anxiety about what we're about to chat about on the show.
Speaker 2: Will you talk about it a lot for someone who doesn't shouldn't have anxiety.
Speaker 5: Listen, you were the one who signed yourself up for this.
Speaker 3: Don't stop poking the bear.
Speaker 2: He just gave up.
Speaker 6: All right, Dad settled down, just said something by the way, he said, guys, can you look like mate?
Speaker 5: Can you be gentle? What about this one? So listen, Jase goes, Wait.
Speaker 2: Gentle, worry about about on Saturday?
Speaker 6: J Well, everyone knows because you don't stop talking about it because you're that excited.
Speaker 2: Jace is playing in the dad so much.
Speaker 5: Can I wear a T shirt under my jump.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to get cold.
Speaker 3: I'm not a shoulders guy.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 3: I remember putting on a big team singler in Barliwoods and my wife was like, you are not a single guy.
Speaker 9: I know.
Speaker 2: We should get you a spray hand.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'm done.
Speaker 2: When we got you the spray ND he's not taking his shirt off.
Speaker 5: Well you can still see it sprout over there.
Speaker 3: Okay, that's at the job.
Speaker 2: Chicks Club.
Speaker 3: Is our number. We are doing the five K question.
Speaker 2: He's going to be reinvigorated after your spray tend.
Speaker 3: Jazzmine, I'm ignoring these two. Good morning, welcome to the show. How are you?
Speaker 10: Good morning?
Speaker 14: I'm good?
Speaker 8: Thank you?
Speaker 14: How are you?
Speaker 2: Jasmine?
Speaker 6: Are you excited about Jason playing in the Dad's Footy game on the weekend?
Speaker 3: Where?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 4: I am?
Speaker 9: I am?
Speaker 10: I used to play footy myself, so I don't have fun.
Speaker 2: It can be any advice for him?
Speaker 3: Judsmine live.
Speaker 14: I'm staying in front of your player no matter what.
Speaker 8: There you go.
Speaker 3: That's good front man in front all right, Jasmine, you want to roll the dice and go for five k?
Speaker 12: The this morning five thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Rules are simple. You will hear a question. You will hear a three two one. You have to answer within that time. Okay, yes, she might get this.
Speaker 2: Good luck, she might thank you, good luck.
Speaker 3: Here we go.
Speaker 1: What is the name of the trophy awarded to the Super Bowl champion.
Speaker 2: Three two one? The trophy is called the Vince Lombardy.
Speaker 6: Who's the legendary kill me, the legendary coach of the Green Bay Packs who led the team to victory in the first two Super Bowls and five NFL Championship.
Speaker 3: Do you know when last time we watched Ace venture a pet detective, but I know it came up in that a bit. Yeah, I remember he was investigating a crime in the footy world. Yeah, the Needaways driver head out the window. Anyway, Hey, Jasmine, thanks you giving a crack.
Speaker 10: Do thank you so much?
Speaker 9: Appreciate it.
Speaker 2: Good day, Jasmine.
Speaker 5: Jasmine, do you think Jason should wear long sleeve the T shirt under his chair?
Speaker 13: I mean, Nicole, Yeah, long slaves.
Speaker 10: Pope's kind of like you say, you're wearing skins keeping the muffles warm.
Speaker 2: You could wear skins keeping muscles warm. Jasmine's far nicer them.
Speaker 3: Alex Warren, Now this is nova. I hate you, Clint.
Speaker 6: Now it is tea minus two days until Jase trots out on the footy field for his.
Speaker 3: First I'll set the scene. The team have been recording behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: Go Jase, howkins go? The alum is dark, but he might take a mark.
Speaker 2: Go Okay. Now what you need to know, whoever made that is it's about the team, not just Jase. What is the team?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 2: Is there a symbol? Are you like the butterflies or the panthers.
Speaker 5: The fulcans were the butterfly cobras.
Speaker 2: What are cobras?
Speaker 5: No, what is it liking?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 14: He's got the boys.
Speaker 5: Check any team colors.
Speaker 3: I think they're green, green, green, green and blue. It'll be the school colours.
Speaker 2: Now you look good in green. You're in green today.
Speaker 3: Here's the goat right. This all came about on Monday. It was a passing comment towards the end of the show. You guys said, what's on this weekend? I said, are the school dad's football match? You were like, you're playing in it? And I said absolutely not, And we.
Speaker 2: Said absolutely yes, we'll get you a guernsey.
Speaker 6: We've had Jake, who's like the team captain, and now I also got a missing from Jake who seems like one of the team leaders.
Speaker 2: From missus Jake.
Speaker 3: People at my kids school stop dming it.
Speaker 6: So missus Jake said, I'm loving the footy banter Jase on has to play. What Jace might not have mentioned is that Jake and Jase have our youngest boys in kinder together as well, so.
Speaker 2: We have so many years of dead ahead of us.
Speaker 3: This is just the first year breaks.
Speaker 2: The first of many more games for Jacson Lauren.
Speaker 5: I feel Jason needs a mentor, do you.
Speaker 6: Someone who has also had the nerves of playing a first footy game.
Speaker 5: Absolutely, the game was a bit foreign to this fella. And look at him now. He went on and he won a premiership in the AFL.
Speaker 2: He did, and he's here with us. We haven't seen him for a while. It's our great mate, Mason.
Speaker 3: Good morning, hang on, let's get a mic on you.
Speaker 2: Hello, Coxy, Sorry Mason Cox now.
Speaker 3: Fell player experiences me. How are you?
Speaker 2: Have you heard the news?
Speaker 8: I have?
Speaker 3: I'm stoked Saturday to thirty three.
Speaker 2: Coming is going to come down? Going to be there? Now, Mace, we've got some issues because Jason's Yes.
Speaker 5: Can I just start with the first? Is he allowed to wear a T shirt underneath his jump?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, it's like swimming and I'm not a like I'll shame my shoulders later. They're not great. Thanks, never to see you outside of a job.
Speaker 2: For Actually, he loves wearing shorts because he likes his calves.
Speaker 6: Now we're concerned, well, is there anything you should be doing to make sure he's properly prepared and warmed up before he runs out on.
Speaker 12: Sash for How much working out do you do?
Speaker 5: Jason?
Speaker 12: You know what?
Speaker 3: Excuse me? We checked our step count once. Remember mind blue yours out of the water. I'm running around after three kids. That's a best training in the world.
Speaker 2: What about the meal the night before the game?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Cora, You're like, this is how we get him across.
Speaker 2: You're a natural.
Speaker 3: Might do one of those family meal deals. Two pizzas, Carlo.
Speaker 5: I'm concerned, Lauren about the skills of the game. Now. We've penciled him in to play somewhere in the forward pocket.
Speaker 6: I believe, yeah, because we thought it would be a bit of fun with the dads. But we've since been sent a list of other people in the team and it seems it's not quite as amateur as we thought.
Speaker 3: You guys haven't seen this this year. Can we tend the Italian teacher.
Speaker 2: Nick rie Well on the opposition?
Speaker 3: You want him?
Speaker 5: Gracious me, this is the opposition team?
Speaker 2: Can you give it to Mace? Show Mace? Who else is?
Speaker 12: I probably want any names? Anyone?
Speaker 3: He turned the page. There's the profiles.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, yeah, Brad balls playing, Yeah yeah, he's like seven feet tall, plays defense.
Speaker 2: Oh, my gosh, Many Hayes.
Speaker 3: Champion Richard van Bergie.
Speaker 2: And how Aaron Hamill is very tough? Is that your tea?
Speaker 6: Oh that's not your team, that's the opposition. Okay, So who's in your team?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 2: Lee Montagna, he's good.
Speaker 5: He'd have to be Sam one again your mate.
Speaker 3: No, no, Sam can't make it. He's got the VFL.
Speaker 6: Jason Blake justin because what is this like schools all getting a discount if they coach the kids or something.
Speaker 3: Tell me about it? Is it a they're supposed to be like dad's just having a run on the field. Oh gosh, I'm in trouble, aren't I? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, Because you've got lots of AFL players on your team as well.
Speaker 12: Has someone who started playing the NFL? Was your idea what he was doing of?
Speaker 5: What would your advice be, big fellows, pray.
Speaker 12: Start on the bench, stay there, Ron Water probably just put your hand up for that job if you can.
Speaker 5: If you're the.
Speaker 2: Coach, where would you put him? What positions in the car?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Concessions?
Speaker 2: Now, no, he's got to run on. So what position should he be angling for?
Speaker 12: Stay away from the ball. So I'd say, you know that little square, you know on one side, you know they call it the Ford square. Yeah, bitch vfl At the moment.
Speaker 5: He's probably gonna do the least amount of damage on the wing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wing can issue there is that.
Speaker 5: The winger probably runs the most of any player, I think. But you do like wings. I love.
Speaker 6: All right, all right, we're going to look more into this, and we do have some other information for you all tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yes, what's the other tomorrow?
Speaker 9: Now?
Speaker 2: Masons, Jase hates not being in control. It's amazing.
Speaker 12: You need to wear booty shorts too. How good are going to be shorts? The short shorts?
Speaker 5: Shorts and not like bum hug.
Speaker 2: But we can get you some skins.
Speaker 12: Can we get juicy on the back of it.
Speaker 2: You've got great legs, get them out.
Speaker 3: I've got great has a whole leg We.
Speaker 2: Need to spread the.
Speaker 6: Amazing scenes. I'd love you to stick around because we want to talk about some actual footing.
Speaker 2: But real.
Speaker 3: You are on the air with Jason and Lauren. Clint's here as well, and so is a good friend of the show. Pies by Mason Cups is in the house. For some It's been a long time.
Speaker 12: I feel like we used to come here every week.
Speaker 6: It's been a long footy season. It has Jason is now pulling on the boots. But we're not talking about ja. It's been a lot happening in the air.
Speaker 3: He just asked me if I'm still a Pies fan. I'm like, absolutely, Yeah.
Speaker 5: You're holding on next year.
Speaker 2: Are you thinking about jumping Shippy?
Speaker 3: No, of course I got a message from Mason. This is a few weeks back when we went to the footy and Clinton I ended up in the Hawks change room.
Speaker 2: Radar. What did you say, Mace?
Speaker 3: He said? He said, I'm not angry, I'm just yet.
Speaker 5: You are playing VFL at the moment, but I would like to think that you're a chance to slot into that Collingwood line up next Thursday night against the Crows.
Speaker 8: We need him.
Speaker 5: What are your reckoning?
Speaker 12: I have no idea. We won't find that out until next week kind of what selection looks like. But yeah, it's been interesting into the season for the for the team luckily made top four, which.
Speaker 2: Is a huge is a huge relief, massive relief to get.
Speaker 12: A double chance. It's awesome, It's incredible. It's a sixteen wins we had to have this year. It's usually it's fourteen to make finals. So it's been a really close AFL season, which is great for the fans, and fans have absolutely loved it. So I'm getting that double chance is definitely a massive win.
Speaker 2: What's the vibe like at the club at the moment.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's good. Well, we have the week off, the weekend off, so obviously pro finals by so it's a lot of just refreshing, you know. I think everyone just kind of is. You know, it's an exhausting year. It's a lot of a lot of games throughout the year, so to have a week off just to recharge is such a good film.
Speaker 6: Yes, with that week off, we're talking about it before because all the finals teams get a week off. Now, then if you win your first game, because one place before you get the second chance. If you win, then you have another week off. Is it good or does it feel like you've played one game in three weeks leading into the final two games of the season.
Speaker 12: I mean I prefer to have another week off. Yeah, you get the rest and then you don't have to play an extra game. So it's I don't know, I think that that week off is a great recharge. I don't know what the percentages of like teams that went after that week off and stuff is. But it's the easier way around of winning a premiership rather than having to go the four games, getting three and winning the whole thing. So yeah, it's a big game.
Speaker 5: What's the rivalry like with the Adelaide Crows now, because it's sort of exploded a couple of weeks back, what with the very unsavory comments directed your way, not your way, but to one of your teammates by Isaac Crankin. Is there something simmering here in terms of a rivalry.
Speaker 12: Geez, we have an ex player, Mark Keane. That's there. Oh yeah, and that's always kind of fun to play against ex players, right, you always kind of get into it a little bit, right, it's like, oh you left us, you know we're going to like we've had a few words. I think with the team. I think it was at the MCG this year. There's a bit of a scuffle, but there's a bit of a push and Shovel would say, I think it was a quarter of time or halftime.
Speaker 5: Feels like it's getting spicy.
Speaker 12: I'm here for it, but it's it's whenever you got as keeping you know, there's everything's on the line, and you know that kind of creates tension, that creates excitement, and that creates an environment that is highly competitive.
Speaker 3: So yeah, well the VFL players train with the main team. Yeah. Yeah, so everyone will train together and then they'll release like the list of hers playing that weekend. Is that how it works? Yeah?
Speaker 14: Yeah, right.
Speaker 5: Hey, speaking of the Isaac Crankin situation, which was, as I said before, very unsavory. You countered that with what happened yesterday and Mitch Brown, who showed a met's courage. We spoke about it on the show a little earlier. Becoming the first AFL player, be it past or present, to come out as either gay or bisexual. Your immediate reaction awesome.
Speaker 12: Yeah, probably overdue, that's all we're saying.
Speaker 3: Earlier.
Speaker 12: I mean, I don't know, like I'm somewhat new to the sport. Obviously, it's been around for over one hundred and thirty years or something like that, so statistically you would think that someone you know at some point but probably just didn't feel comfortable to come out.
Speaker 2: It's really sad, isn't it that you have to wait till you retire?
Speaker 3: What about back home in the NFL. Is it Is it a more comfortable and environment for people?
Speaker 12: Yeah, but it wasn't until recently that someone did.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 12: I think it was a fellow from Colorado University. I think they got drafted, but that was within probably the last decade, so yeah, so it's somewhat new for them also. But it takes a lot of courage what Mitch did. I think a lot of people. Hopefully he's feeling the love at the moment, because I know they can be quite just.
Speaker 5: Brother played with the mag Eyes as well, so you'd know the family very well. But what will this do to the game or what do you hope it does to the game, and what sort of channels would open up?
Speaker 12: I hope it just normalizes it, Like I would hope at some point that someone doing this is not newsworthy.
Speaker 7: This is what.
Speaker 3: I actually get.
Speaker 12: I don't want to stand it has been amazing.
Speaker 3: I don't want to take anything away. I'm just the same. I don't want to take anything away from Mitch, but I'm frustrated that we have to talk about this.
Speaker 2: As an announcement exactly.
Speaker 3: It just shouldn't be that way, and.
Speaker 6: I think there would be a lot not a lot, but there would be other men and women out there just living their lives just privately, but no one has publicly come out, and probably because of the pressure that it brings with being the first person to publicly do it, publicly come out since playing it.
Speaker 5: Look to counter it with what happened a week ago is something we should celebrate because ago is it It could have destroyed so many people. What Mitch did yesterday is something that we should celebrate.
Speaker 3: We should be celebrating Mitch, and we should be having a good hard look at ourselves, where the AFL and the culture we've got because it's got a long way to go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, he definitely will make the path much easier for those following in his foosteps, which is true.
Speaker 8: Thing.
Speaker 3: If you're around Saturday Avon and you want to fill in for me at the dad's footy match, by all means so.
Speaker 2: You have to adopt one of his children, though.
Speaker 12: You've got to look after them.
Speaker 3: To be honest, this is becoming win win for me.
Speaker 5: He would make a good decoy.
Speaker 3: He really would just get battered.
Speaker 2: So nice to see you mate for the coming weeks.
Speaker 3: Welcome anytime, my friend. Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number anytime you want to get involved in the shell.
Speaker 6: So Jace was asking earlier on the weekend, he's playing in the dad's school dad's footy match, Cliff.
Speaker 2: Now, he asked you a question about what he could wear undress.
Speaker 5: Oh, yes, he wanted to wear a T shirt underneath his jumper.
Speaker 2: He's a bit worried about being cold.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just not I don't have shelters.
Speaker 5: I laughed, because I just don't think it's.
Speaker 2: Yes, you can't be doing it.
Speaker 6: So I've I've contacted one of my very good friends, friends of the show. We love her, the best weather lady in the business, Lavinia Nixon.
Speaker 14: Good morning, Hello, Lauren.
Speaker 2: He Livo. Jace is stressed about the sad game. Can you tell us what the weather's.
Speaker 6: Doing, because I believe it's going to be kind of grim for his debut match.
Speaker 11: Well, I think he's got good reason to be stressed, because when the bureau starts using words like vigorous system, dynamic, cold, pole of blast, I think that warrants a T shirt underneath a little footy best. You know, you don't want everyone saying every.
Speaker 5: Clarify you're not talking about dynamic, No, Livina, several years ago, you played tennis against me.
Speaker 3: Oh you've seen my athletics side, well, I think you.
Speaker 11: Should start stretching and warming up about now.
Speaker 3: I played against her and hitch you. It was hard to tell the difference between him and I.
Speaker 11: And he's going to be years on me living better at tennis than.
Speaker 8: Something.
Speaker 2: Hey live o.
Speaker 6: Now the weather's been a bit funny. So is there going to be rain leading into the game as well tomorrow? Like is it going to be a bit of a slip and slide out.
Speaker 14: There, Yes, Laurence.
Speaker 11: So there's a very powerful, dynamic, vigorous system coming through Friday night Saturday. It's got a lot of rain with it, possible small hail. Now Saturday morning, when the game kicks off, it will be around seven degrees, but with those bins the southwesterly, it feels like temperature will drop dramatically, so it must feel even colder than seven degrees. It'll be around three or four. Debrief chase, So I think if.
Speaker 14: You've got those you know, those thermal line legging suit.
Speaker 3: The thing is, Livo.
Speaker 6: He makes his boys play basketball because he doesn't like his car getting dirty after school.
Speaker 3: Supports. So do we think he needs this will be a bit job. I'm telling you now, I won't be driving there.
Speaker 14: I do think you need a change of clothes. I would take a beanie, and you'd like to play put in a beanie?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean I'm planning and playing.
Speaker 6: In a hat, So I don't know if there's going to be a lot of playing going on.
Speaker 2: Liver Livo, thank you so much. Living in Nixon gives us all the best weather.
Speaker 5: She's the best, the second best.
Speaker 14: Pray for you, j good like everybody's thank.
Speaker 5: You for being. Do you chat to Liveo often because you're part of the union. You're part of the weather girl union.
Speaker 2: I have the weather Goal alumni. She's she's not in the weather Goal alumna. She's current. She hasn't been fined.
Speaker 9: Some of that.
Speaker 5: We're happy back on weekend today. For you know what you should do.
Speaker 3: You should team up with Mike Luck And he don't his wedding he does to he does like I shan't. The forecast for the future.
Speaker 6: Is he does not make where they he does that he does wedding. Oh my, that's but that's what you're hiring him for, right as a novelty exactly.
Speaker 3: I don't enough novelty and celebrate together.
Speaker 6: But I think like you can get the Elvis celebrates who.
Speaker 5: Used to be.
Speaker 2: Perfect match, perfect match, He.
Speaker 5: Still does it.
Speaker 3: I think he preferred lead with perfect matchups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, it is going to be cold for the weekend.
Speaker 6: But Chase, I just said, just thinking, why don't you think of the spectators and how cold we're going to be.
Speaker 2: We're going to be freezing watching you. We're not running around.
Speaker 3: They're going to give me five minutes on that field and then I'll be sitting next to you on the bench.
Speaker 2: Nanked cake, You're going to sit on the bench in the whole game.
Speaker 5: You might need to go on.
Speaker 2: Do you know what he said before?
Speaker 6: I could have a few cans in the second half of the game if I'm not playing, could not go Yeah, And I said I could get you some hot wings.
Speaker 2: He goes, that's the kind of wing I want to play on.
Speaker 5: How have you got that grab? That may be cooked up? I'm asking you this live, so it's.
Speaker 2: Are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Did I say something? Yeah? No, okay, okay, sorry.
Speaker 5: Okay, yeah, I probably needed to prepare that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Hey, we are out of here. Have a great day everyone. The lovely Meltrosena is in next. We will see you tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Great day, Melbourne.
Speaker 3: A couple of sleeps to go to.
Speaker 5: The big Footy mat.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren.
Speaker 6: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials