Speaker 1: Thanks for taking the time they have a chat with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pleasure. Yeah, I'm glad to be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, welcome back to Adelaide. Mate. We feel like you're one of us now you've been here that many times before.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And it's a lot of time too, because I tend to do long runs. I'm not one of these guys, you know, bungee in and out of town just on the weekend.
Speaker 2: I'm coming. I'm doing the whole run. Really getting my feet wet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the mind field mind am I n D?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 4: Right? Do you delve into the audience's minds.
Speaker 3: Or well, No, it's really more about there's some philosophy in the show about reality and stuff. So we talk about how trippy consciousness is and how mysterious it is, and we delve into a lot of the things science hasn't figured out yet, reminding the audience that there's still a lot of mystery in the world.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But then, of course it's all interlaced with jokes, jokes, jokes, jokes, jokes.
Speaker 1: Yes, a lot of the press relays and some of those questions, why are we here? Are we alone in the universe? Why does it hurt with me? Pay are those questions.
Speaker 2: The questions that we all ask on a daily.
Speaker 4: Basis, why are we here? It's a quick that, like every now and then, it would just hit me and I'm like, why am I here? When we're doing here? We're all going to die? Oh, it's a lot, it's too much for my mind to comprehend.
Speaker 3: Well, I think a lot of people, and I know this is pretty serious, you know for a comedian, but a lot of people look at life as like this singular event and that's it. So everything counts so much, every success or failure is so important. But when you start to have a view of this is just one small part of a much bigger scene, then you get I mean, for me, it's helped me. And I'm strictly agnostic. I don't know for sure, but I think there's probably a much bigger picture than what we see here and on a daily basis, in the physical world we live in is only one little aspect of everything.
Speaker 4: Well, see, I don't want to get too intense here, but what is the bigger picture? What are we all part of?
Speaker 3: Well, in a nutshell, we're often brought up with the concept that we are physical beings having a conscious experience like your awareness at your consciousness. Yeah, and that's what we're kind of taught in school, and that's what mainstre and science tells us. But more, more and more now science is turning towards the idea that potentially we are actually consciousness having a physical experience. So, and that's also what's you know, the ancient philosophies have been saying Buddhism and Hinduism and stuff, but now science has been matching up with it more and more since they explore the quantum world. So there's a lot of interesting stuff, too much stuff to get into. Actually, if anyone's really curious, they should look up a guy called Donald Hoffman on YouTube and he talks all about it. He's brilliant and he's a he's my guy. But my show doesn't go too heavy into that stuff because I'm I Also, I'm always aware that I'm a comedian, so it's always about getting laughs and stuff. Yeah, and I'm down there at the gardens and it's a it's fun, But I gotta admit, as a comedian you always have this deep rooted fear that at best you're just a glorified clown. Yeah, and I'll be honest, working in a big circus tent ain't helping at all.
Speaker 2: But we're having a great time.
Speaker 3: The crowds are awesome, and the show is it's it's really honestly.
Speaker 2: It sort of has everything.
Speaker 3: So it has this sort of like philosophical stuff that we got into, but it has also a ridiculous section about you know, well farts. Yes, it's got music, it's got observational stuff, it's got personal stuff, sex stuff.
Speaker 2: It's just I packed a lot into an hour.
Speaker 4: I don't know how much he followed when you were talking about us having you know, conscious beings having a physical experience, but god, he perked up when you said there's sex in it and there's farts in it.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, you know, there's such there's such a wide audience for that kind of stuff because it's all relatable stuff. You know, even people that don't like farts still have to deal with that. So when I explore, like, why does it, why does that even exist? Because that's one of the mysteries. Science doesn't really know why we do that. So I'll go into several theories in the show. And that's a section that challenges some but others they just they're just they love it. So I'm doing what i want to do at this point, I'm at the age right on care. I'm going to talk about what I want to talk about, and I'm having a blast. And people said, tell people why they shouldn't miss this show. Well, the vast portion of humanity is going to miss this show. Yeah, so you know, if you want to go ahead with them, be one of the gang there, come see it there.
Speaker 2: It's a blast.
Speaker 4: Well, you talk about not caring. And we had Tom Gleason in yesterday and we read to him an email that was sent to the ABC complaining about his show Hard Quiz, which is probably one of the highest writing shows on Australian television. Anyway, I was having a troll through your Twitter and I saw a message from someone called Eleanor and she said, I just watched five minutes of your hateful Aussie show on TV and didn't like anything about it, nothing but typical celebrity trump bashing. Get to know your president and respect what he's doing for your country and you might be a nicer person for it. And a mast day moron. I just like to give people the right of reply in a safe space where you can tell eleanor what you really think.
Speaker 3: And feels like I don't even know what she's talking about because I deliberately never really spend any time talking about Trump because I didn't I thought. And that was the same with George W. Bush, former president, a former former president, because there are it's already a joke. There's nothing more to say. I mean, it's it's sad, and it's upsetting that someone like that gets gets into the White House. I mean, there's no perfect politicians. Bind's certainly not perfect, but he's not, you know, and I don't know anyone want to get into it. But yeah, yeah, so I don't even know what she's talking about. So I feel like maybe that's a bot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this is the thing about the internet. Like and also people get other people confused.
Speaker 3: But was interesting, So she's and I do yoga. It's just like, but there there is a there's a section where the well being community did this. This self help and well being community gets to a point where they inter lock with the far right in terms of they start to both believe the same conspiracies and uh, you know, one obviously examples anti vacs and I'm not here to judge anyone what they believe, like, do your thing, and I think you should choose, get to choose what you put into your body and all that. But there are people that are like yoga, people are super anti vacks. But then you know, just on the far right there's super anti vacks, and there's other areas where they intercede. So it almost feels it goes full circle. So if you go far enough left, you come right around the far right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, send these people sitting on the assids. Oh, I just like myself who super anti yoga.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, fair enough, I mean yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Yoga is for people listening that don't know, because I'm an expert. Yoga is a very spirititual practice which began in Los Angeles over seven years ago, and now it's kind of popular all over the world. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm only against it because it's bloody hard. Yeah it hurts.
Speaker 4: I love I can do it. I love hot yogat and I love hot pilarates. I love it. Oh yeah, because do you know why?
Speaker 2: How hard is it in there?
Speaker 4: So forty degrees?
Speaker 3: Have you heard about the new yoga where they put the temperature down below zero? No, you haven't heard about frozen yogat.
Speaker 4: No, Okay, I've heard frozen yoga, but have you done it?
Speaker 3: No, listen, let's just cut that part out of the interview. You guys aren't on my level. You missed like two or three jokes. She looked at me like it really started in la. I know you have a lot on your mind.
Speaker 4: I know, I know.
Speaker 1: I'm really sorry, Age, And every year that you turn up, absolutely all this shows set out as I should. And we love having you here and thank you so much for coming and have a chat with us.
Speaker 3: Well my pleasure. Can I correct you on one thing? Yeah, they don't all sell out. If they did, I wouldn't be here. But we want people to come down and uh, you know, I put a lot of work into it and we are having a great time.
Speaker 2: So if you show up, you will join us in that