Speaker 1: And amazing grace and you yeah. Hi, y'all, Hey, y'all. Hello everyone, it's Mal, It's Monty. We're here for another day of Chin Wagon. Do your yes, we are. You know what happens every.
Speaker 2: Single time we record, because we were record from different.
Speaker 1: Locations.
Speaker 2: Mel's in Melbourne, I'm in Byron and Mel has used the same coffee cup literally every record. And I think we've been doing this seven years something like that.
Speaker 1: I alternate between two. There's the target, the free target one.
Speaker 2: Yeah we all got, which is a brown one. Yes, but today you've got a different one.
Speaker 1: No, well, this is the other one. It's my little cousin bought it for me when Mark was sick. I just remember it was such a nice thing. She came over and she brought me donuts and this mug that says fabulous bitch.
Speaker 2: And we've ever seen the fabulous bitch, Mark. I've only seen the poo brown one.
Speaker 1: And so watching you do that today is put me all out of sorts. This could get wild, I know, I know, speaking of being out of sorts. Yes, you know how we've spoken before about our terrible underwear situations.
Speaker 2: It was refresh my memory on yours.
Speaker 1: Because Mina.
Speaker 2: Like all bonds, they're so worn that they're thin. You could put your fingernail through them. When you get them on, they've gone into panty hose. Basically, oh, rest of mine, same look. I had told a story about how I have a pair that have like a hole in the front that my son was saying, I think your vagina's falling out, and it was like you could just see everything. My worst pair of literally hanging like the waistband. It's like hanging off the waist. I've got some hanger off hers from the waistband. Why do we do it? Because we're creatures. If you find something comfortable, you just you stick with it until you can't any longer.
Speaker 1: This is correct. And also if you're a fake tanner, I use them when i'm fake tan because they're loose. Yes, if they get stained, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I've got a pair of gray jarmies that I used to sleep in for my fake tan. I want to come back to fake tanning, though I wonder, Yes, I want it, okay, so go where you're going.
Speaker 1: This is I keep watching.
Speaker 2: Clips of two ADHD people having conversations and I'm like, fuck, it's as we'll start something, go somewhere else. So mental note, come back to fake tan, but continue with your story.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I decided to treat myself to some new undies and I had heard of this brand. They're an Aussie brand. I think they're a small business. They're called and I have to be careful how I say this. The nicker ah as in k and I see ka as.
Speaker 2: In darktor nikobucker, nick obacka number nat song.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I also hate that word nickers. Yeah, I don't like it. It's panties you don't like. Yeah, I don't like either of them. What do you want? Underwear, undergarment, undies, underwear? Yeah? Anyway, So I bought all these different I probably got myself about thirteen new pairs of undies. Did you try them first? Did you buy one pair? Try them?
Speaker 2: You just went out and cold turkey. That's very impulsive.
Speaker 1: Two sizes bigger yep, Then clothes size, because I believe underwear has to be bigger. You don't want undies that dig in.
Speaker 2: I wear size sixteen undies and in life I'm a size ten to twelve.
Speaker 1: Yes, they need to be because then you put them on and they fit perfectly.
Speaker 2: Oh, they're like a glove around your mut Oh.
Speaker 1: I bought myself, thank god, five of the one pair because I liked the look of them, because they hit all the points I liked. Yes, but they look a bit. I think they looked a bit sexy. Oh hello, I took a photo of myself. I'm going to send it to you now. And I'm troubably sexy selfie. When I say sexy, no, no, no, when not? It's not sexy like the days of old. I took a picture of myself. They're that Brazilian cut, so they sort of come up a string, come up onto your bum though that's uncomfortable. You know. I looked at it. You'll see it's not a sexy selfie. Listen. I sent that to my husband immediately. That's a great picture. I said, I would frame that and put it up in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's art. It's you ben like so bum How would you say not looking?
Speaker 1: So I'm just standing at the mirror that's got lots of fingerprints on it in my daughter's room, and I basically am just turned around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you've got a green jumper, bare feet, bare legs, and just sees black sexy undies that cut off half your bum.
Speaker 1: They cut off half my bum. But I think this is the beauty of them. You see more of the cheek, which is I think more flattering to the ass. And they stay that way like they don't ride up more, they don't come down, They just stay in place, right listen. I am very thrilled with that purchase. I would walk around in those undies with nothing else on. We'll do it. I wouldn't that. Let us put it on Instagram. No, no, I actually did. I said to Mark, you know what, I said, I would even put this on Instagram. And He's like, you're fucking joking, and I said, of course I am. I mean I probably would.
Speaker 2: Your legs look long, your bum looks like a nice little juicy peach, yes, and it's not.
Speaker 1: And also in fairness, I have cell your light you see, not one. The lighting's perfect. The lighting's perfect.
Speaker 2: So my old pilates instructor used to send sexy pictures to her boyfriend all the time, and she would show them to me and it would be like her on the bears, like face down on the bed and then just like lifting her ass up in like you know, a kind of a v like tilting it up, and I'm like, that is a really fucking hard.
Speaker 1: Angle to get.
Speaker 2: She's like, mate, it's the most unsexy thing taking sexy photos.
Speaker 1: I reckon it will take me two hours to imagine setting it up, getting the lighting right. I mean, what would it do for your self esteem? You know, you think you're great and then you look back. Yes, yeah, I wish.
Speaker 2: I've never ever taken a sexy selfie ever.
Speaker 1: I think, you know, like things get monotonous and stuff. I think sometimes we've got to not necessarily, it doesn't have to be that if you're not comfortable with it, but whatever you're comfortable with.
Speaker 2: Pushing it a bit far, like push it further. It's hard when you've been in a relationship a long time to introduce new stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think you I have to.
Speaker 2: If I started to send sexy photos to Sam, it would be a joke.
Speaker 1: Maal, do you know what I want you to do? Like, you know, people will do a video and then everyone else does the same thing. But you know those videos of like a woman will say my husband's reaction. Just sent him a sexy text and she's filming him while he opens it. Yeah, fuck, I would love you would That's what I should do. You take a sexy photo of yourself. Sammy would like it would be the last thing he would expect. And you film him while he's opening it.
Speaker 2: But I don't even know how to do a sexy pose or anything. I don't know how I do it.
Speaker 1: Listen, there's a tutorial for anything. Yeah, everything.
Speaker 2: Okay, maybe I don't want it as a challenge right now. That overwhelms me. I don't want homework right now, but I will do it. I'll do it at some point, and listen. Just do it for content, please.
Speaker 1: Just puer content. Get it on the gram. Get that shit on the gram. That is so funny.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm really happy for you that you feel sexy in these new undies of yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well thanks, I'll put a link in the show notes to them. They called the Bliss Cheeky Brazilian and the brand is the Knicker dot com and they're namely affordable like they were ten bucks. Oh oh oh oh, your juices are flowing gross.
Speaker 2: Speaking of hotness, this was the other day at Pilarates. There was a really hot guy like there, right, So the class in my polaratees class. So you put your shoes on, you take your shoes off out the front, and you leave them in like the little shoe hoolder things there. And it's rare for a guy to be in the pilates class. It is majority women in there all the time. Anyway, we're putting our shoes in next to each other and I looked and I was like, oh my god, he's hot. And he goes hello, and I did a combination of geta and hey, oh no, the kay gay And that's all I thought about for the whole hour of the polates class. I didn't say hey or good ay. I said gay, just gay in a really good.
Speaker 1: And you know voice. The fact he was so friendly, he probably was gay, probably, but.
Speaker 2: You know, and you're like, well, you can't combine words if you want to, like, if you're actively like how can I combine these two words to that, you can't get it.
Speaker 1: But then in a moment like that, and I was just mortified. You know, the only thing that would have made it worse if then you went to explain it and you're like, yeah, sorry, I got confused. I meant to say what he'll remember you and if you become mates. You'll laugh about it. And during that time you said gay, yeah, yeah, totally. Oh fight ten? Oh my, I wrote it down. That's so good.
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 1: I fuck? Where fuck today? Aren't we all right? Fake tan? Here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I fake tan really frequently because I'm so pale. You often speak about fake tan. You love a fake tan. I fake tan, But I feel like I'm getting worse and worse at it. I felt like I haven't nailed, and now it's I feel like I'm not doing it properly, and I'm like, have they changed what ingredients are in the bottle? I don't know, because clearly it's not just my application, but I'm thinking of making an investment in a weekly going to an actual place to get a spray TN.
Speaker 1: What are your thoughts? Look, I think the key is the prep. It's there. I don't do prep. You know this, okay, but this is then your problem. You have to be exfoliating and all that before otherwise it's going to be streaky and patchy. And also it is like it is a real fucking art to get it right.
Speaker 2: It's an art, and I was Picasso for a while and now I'm fucking fucking four your own kinder with my fake tan.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's hard because you get time poor because it takes. It takes time. Like I've got a whole system, Like I do my hands with a brush brush. It's kind of a brush, just a makeup brush. But I put a bit of moisturizer on first. I've got to do that.
Speaker 2: But I've got to do a bit of moisturizer on the knees and the ankles.
Speaker 1: Oh, I mean that is the elbows.
Speaker 2: Set elbows, yeah, because I under arms, the underarms can go very dark. I do it all and then I leave those bits to the end and then just dab dab dab dab dab dab dab dab.
Speaker 1: Days that's how I do it.
Speaker 2: But I don't. It still's just not turning out right. And then sometimes I'll forget to do a knee, so then my whole will be brown and then just a white knee.
Speaker 1: Oh no. And that's a very fine line too, because when you put the moisturizer on first fumes, it doesn't give you enough color there either, not that I show my knees, but still it's and when you fuck it up, it's like I can't bear it when it's fucked up. Yeah, I'm like, oh no, especially the hands, and every time you look, you're like, damn you. Yeah.
Speaker 2: On the inside of the wrist, you can always see where my tan finishes.
Speaker 1: And this is where a brush comes in handy because you sort of stop just short of your wrist and then you use the brush to blend down. Okay, yeah, you know what is a great brand, and I believe Chemist Warehouse this month has it off for forty percent, right, I think good old Latan. I haven't done the tap very retro Latan is great. The color is good, and the thing that people look it's either a pro or a con for you. I like that it comes off like it probably wears well for about a week a week ish weakish. That's good, but then it starts to break up. But it's also easy to remove because some of those ones that last for ages, you're fucking scrubbing for ages to get more off and it's sucked. I'd rather last less time, but then you know, okay, easy to remove.
Speaker 2: I'm going to get Latan and I'm going to get a makeup brush to apply to.
Speaker 1: The moisturizer and exfoliating whatever you know, like a tan off me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, all right, all right, I'll do that while we're on giving tips about certain things. I got a new app today. I went in and was chatting with one of Arlo's teachers, Sonya, who listens to the Potty, which son equally I love and horrifies me.
Speaker 1: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Like I listened to the pottery. Yeah, Hi, Sonya listens to and listened to the pot I love that, And I'm just like, oh no, you know how unhinged I am.
Speaker 1: You know how my parent That's probably why she loves it.
Speaker 2: Anyway, she was telling me about this new app and I've downloaded it, and I can't wait because I'm I don't want to go on a full blown like because my hell is so about at the moment I'm going do I go on to the fodmap and see if I can get my guts all sword and stuff.
Speaker 1: I just don't have it in me.
Speaker 2: But she said she's using this app now, and I downloaded. It's called Yaker why u Ka And the icon is a carrot and what you do is you scan like. There's also like an app and ladies that do something called supermarket swap. But it's not that because I think that is for for like, yeah, pesticides and stuff like that, but also cost. This one isn't a cost thing. It is showing you the better option to buy in terms of like so say, for example, you have wrapped in your cupboard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, take a pic. You take a picture of like you hold.
Speaker 2: The scanner on the barcode and then it will come up and it will tell you how out of score out of one hundred, how good it is for you, and what is a better brand option for you.
Speaker 1: It's it's not a paid thing.
Speaker 2: They're completely it's an independent thing.
Speaker 1: What a great idea.
Speaker 2: So you might be going these wraps I'm having are so totally fine, and then it'll be like, oh no, there are so many preservatives in there. There is so much badness in there, way too much salt. But just this brand or altering it slightly is going to make a big difference. And it does it with like your shampoos, conditioners, cleaning products, everything like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what a great idea.
Speaker 2: I was like, that's so that is so good shed you can honestly, I'm like, no, I'll get obsessed with things like that, and she's like, but just do your cupboard of the main things you use before you go to the supermarket. So you know, okay, well I'm not going to get that brand, I'll get this brand because she said, like things like Milo is surprisingly not that bad where I'm like, no, I'm getting my Kidsmile Like, well, I guess.
Speaker 1: Compared to Natowa or some shit like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like she said, it's surprising what is not as good for you as that you think is good.
Speaker 1: And then vice versa. You know what I think about imagine what a headfuck that would have been to set up went in and did all the resow that is so much research. Oh my god, I hope they're making good money. Such excellent idea.
Speaker 2: Speaking of Natowa, we're an Atwer family, which is basically a Coca Cola family.
Speaker 1: Listen, I think we need to just strip the fucking shame around that stuff. I mean, you fucked either way, because if you dictate, oh no, donat that, then you're setting up this weird shit around food. I think it's just got to be everything in moderation. It just it has to be that way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my kid's hands down every night after dinner. Have a big bowl of ice cream with a huge scoop of Natalla all over it. Yeah, every single night. And I look around at my friends, I'm like, there's no why that their kids are doing this right now, like you do it. We used to do it on weekends and now it's every night. Alo has to eat a tiny bit of cucumber. The only vegetable that kid will eat his cucumber, And the only reason he eats this one slice of cucumber is to get his bowl of ice cream.
Speaker 1: Well, that's balance, isn't it, isn't it? Because if you don't let them eat some of that stuff, what's going to happen is they're going to get out of home and they're going to exist on just KFC and machas for the next ten years because they're rebelling, or as soon as they're old enough to go out and do it, they'll be And then you sort of set up bad habits with binging and all that shit. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I get nervous that we're like my kids literally so particular with what they eat that sometimes if Alo asks for natalla on toast, in my head, I'm like, great, I've got sour dough. Yes, mate, you can because it's better than your tip top white bread. So that's how low my benchmark is. And I'm like white sour dough is nataler, that's basically a healthy meal.
Speaker 1: There you go. Do you die if you saw my house? I'm like white bread all the time. I just I just can't have a fuck about everything. You've got anything, throw plastics in the fucking you know, bottled water, and then oh shit that they're finding in our drinking water. It's almost those dog terrifies me. I need to get a filter on my water, my tap, which I should like the water. He apparently he is terrible too. Yeah, and I've been drinking it for years and years. That's probably why I'm so sick. No, it's not that you've always had migraines. I know they're worse now, but it's not the water.
Speaker 2: I think I'm gonna get a date piercing anyway. Let don't let me get onto hell stuff. Because we've got our podcast now with Brook that we're doing more regularly. So Brook and I jump on and we talk all about our chronic health issues. And I said to me, now, I've got to try and in this chaos brain of mind separate and go. What should I talk about on each podcast? But the days piercing, A lot of people are saying is a good thing to do just that, I think, what horseshit? I'm going to try it sound sore, doesn't it?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: That weird part of like carliage in your ear with Sam?
Speaker 1: Have one there? Sam had?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Maybe he did, and he had one in his chin at one point too.
Speaker 1: Ye know which ones? I like, the very very small ones that almost look like a beauty spell, like, yeah, just above your your lip? Yeah, why don't you get one? Yeah? I don't know. But then how does like the inside of it would rub on your tooth? I don't know. I think the placement would have to be high enough that it's I guess it's like a nose ring. Maybe it might have a little hook part on it or something. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I'm gonna go and I'm just literally gonna do everything, and I'm going to go and get a day piercing.
Speaker 1: Do it probably look great? It'll looks so good with it, you look so young and trendy.
Speaker 2: The other app, my other app I'm on at the moment, Opal, which I've told a lot of you about that. It really blocks the time you can be on social media. Otherwise I would just be scrolling NonStop all day and was so I've timed it. It's one hundred I told you one hundred bucks for the year, and you put in the time that you're allowed on it. So I give myself a bit of time in the morning and a bit of time at night. But you have got to conrounpt me. I can tell you, like, let's let's find out how the opal app's going.
Speaker 1: How is it going? Look, here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I have been struggling with it a bit in terms of my nighttime that I'm giving myself is seven thirty to eight thirty, and the kids are not in bed in enough time for me to use that time. But then if I leave it later, if I do a later window, it's too late for me and I don't want to be scrolling right before bed. So my solution is to send you the shit that I don't get up in time to post because you don't have restrictions on yours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, that's not going to happen because that's just no.
Speaker 2: That was last night I sent Alo was just up for ages. So I sent you a video of him. Come like, my Instagram's run out? Can you log in and put this up for me?
Speaker 1: No, we need to come up with another solution. Now, Okay, so I have extended the time on it. Now, okay, that's good. But are you finding that because this is what I was thinking? Is it more like exactly what we were just talking about with the food? Is it like when that one hour window is on You're like, oh my god, oh what do I look at first? No?
Speaker 2: I think it's been hugely beneficial, hugely because at the moment, I am in bed so often too. I just like, sometimes my only form of human connection is scrolling through Instagram, where now when I have access to it, I'm like.
Speaker 1: God, it's really boring.
Speaker 2: I'll just go in and the only thing I like is when I hear from you guys listening. I want to get on every night and just check those messages. Yeah, and reply to those messages and have a bit of a scan of what's going on, put something up, and then I'm done. Where I used to just mindlessly scroll and I'd get in bad moods, I'd compare my life where it's eliminated a huge amount of that.
Speaker 1: That's so good.
Speaker 2: Really, it is really it's worth it. It's honestly, it is so worth it.
Speaker 1: You know. The one thing I will say with social media that I do like is when you have teenagers. My son doesn't have any social media yet, he's fourteen, but my daughter is sixteen and she's on Instagram, and I there's something nice in the way you communicate with sending reels. Like she said me something the other day and she just wrote, oh, I know you love this shit, And I said to it, it was really sweet because I know you were thinking about me when you saw it and you sent it to me. And she looked at me like I was an idiot. She's like, but how it's just real.
Speaker 2: So funny though, But he is the desperation because Bax has got a phone now. Sam the other days like, look what Back sent and he'd sent a just a song for.
Speaker 1: Sam to listen to.
Speaker 2: Oh, and we were like, oh my god, that's the nicest thing ever. Like it meant so much because they have no idea how desperate we are for their affection and their love. And Back says literally three words and grunts. So for him, it's like you've thought about Dad, and you've sent that to Dad and so little would he know how special that makes us feel when he does God like that, which is the real example. But also that's also like with a couple of mates, that's our is totally our way of showing each other, we're thinking about each other. I'll watch it and'll be like, oh, that's so funny, and I know exactly who to forward it to. And then that is so sometimes the connection you do have with that person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is great, I just them going to contradict myself, But it's also sad. I'm like, so sad, so sad. Why can't we just call and say how are you? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Have you been in touch with the Abbey? Yeah, we've been sending for the last six months. Real.
Speaker 1: Yes, she sent me the Funniest on the Block reel the other day, speaking of new Kids on the Block, Oh don't got have you have you seen? Have you seen some of their recent concert footage? So I saw the one because Jenny McCarthy.
Speaker 2: Is with what's his name, Donnie Wahlberg Donnie Wahlberg, And I saw that clip where he got they get people up on stage and slow dance with them, and it was the two of them slow dancing, and I just remember going yuck. Also, one of them wears singles and it's got a full beer belly.
Speaker 1: I am such an asshole because we shouldn't do it, because if it was women, we would be saying put it away. Should there be a limit.
Speaker 2: I'd be saying, put it away. Something's got to be put away. Some things are not for everyone to see. And I don't want to see your skimpy bond singlet with your gut jiggling in its day.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not a huge gut, it's not at all, but it's enough to go. You can't wear a single on stage, it's enough to go. Hang on you just look like my husband. Yes, that's what it is.
Speaker 2: It's like, no, we have access to that twenty four to seven unless there's a six pack there, put on a fucking shirt.
Speaker 1: There's just something I look at it and I'm like, there's something sad about it. It's not the gut, it's the matching outfits and the choreograph dancers that I'm like.
Speaker 2: With the Yeah, because they've been in their fifties, Yeah, they won't be. I wonder if Donnie is as religious as Mark Wahlberg.
Speaker 1: Nah, I don't reckon. I reckon Donnie's I reckon he's a bit of a fiend. Do you Yeah, I reckon they'd have a sex room, do you Yeah? I do. She looks. I remember when she was with Jim Carrey. Yeah. I liked them as a couple. Yeah. Well I thought they were good, her and Donnie.
Speaker 2: They've been together ten years now, they've been to there a long time, and they still seem very loved up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Although on the gram, yeah, you can see it. You can see me as much as you want.
Speaker 2: Because when I saw how close they were dancing to each other and stuff, I'm like, he's just been on stage dancing. He would stick, That's all I'd be thinking. Where they're looking like they're really into it.
Speaker 1: Gross. All right, let's get out of here, y'all.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening. Get in touch with the Show and Tell online is our Instagram. You can hear us up there. You will start to see brook On there a bit more too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We gave her access to the to the It's like old school because we started this show and Tale with Brookie years ago, and she's like, oh no, fuck, I feel like I've stepped back in time into the vortex of post things on social media, but you'll see her more on there.
Speaker 1: So if you notice it's looking a little bit classier, that's not us. Yeah, that's not us. How different issue to usk.
Speaker 2: But I'm like, Mal, you've got to send me more personal photos of you. You're so hard to get. I'm going to put up that picture of you and you're bum bump.
Speaker 1: No you're not. If you did that, you know how far.
Speaker 2: Sexy stuff roads that would grow our audience. Take one for the team. No, okay, all right everyone, thanks for listening.