Speaker 1: Five six seven eight.
Speaker 2: Do you normal voice?
Speaker 1: Five six seven eight? Was it different?
Speaker 2: I didn't realize how weak your voice was.
Speaker 1: Sheer exhaustion, Dick, what.
Speaker 2: I'll tell what? Have We had a great day? By the way, Yeah, we just had a Lebanese barbecue.
Speaker 3: We did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was weird.
Speaker 2: Builders. It was weird.
Speaker 1: Paul and it was awesome Anthony and Ellie and all the boys.
Speaker 2: It was awesome. We get like the leftos we're going to cook for the next three weeks. Is it the first time that you've eaten a raw, humid.
Speaker 4: Organ that wasn't do you mean the liver thing that wasn't human? It was lamb?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't think you didn't even need anything, right, don't tough? You didn't the guy tried to give you something. You said, no, I don't no point.
Speaker 2: Did I actually try to pretend.
Speaker 1: That you're ever going to have an eat?
Speaker 3: No way in the.
Speaker 5: World you Did you really think when he said I've got like raw liver here, did you actually are you putting it on? Or did you actually think that?
Speaker 1: Are you an imbecile?
Speaker 2: Next question?
Speaker 4: It was it was good food, though, so good. The thing that worried me was like how they were able to cook up such a feast whilst also trying to build a house.
Speaker 6: Did you Paul and Ellie don't work on the job here. They came well, pulled one of the owners, so he.
Speaker 4: Just came to cook. I was just worried when I saw the spread that they had, and how when when we came over for lunch, this Lebanese lunch that invited us to, that they no one was working.
Speaker 2: I noticed what happened most days. The only difference is we've been invited to this one. I'll go real concerns, I.
Speaker 1: Shut it up.
Speaker 6: Honestly, we have actually been so blessed with our builders.
Speaker 4: Give Jack a little cut point there. It was just that was talking really far away from It's.
Speaker 5: Okay, you know what I like to I wouldn't even mind giving him giving him some headphones today to maybe even.
Speaker 6: I usually like to so, but you don't because you and Michael often drop out and you don't know.
Speaker 1: You actually don't know everything. Matt.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 1: Like, just listen, he's so stubborn.
Speaker 2: Now what it is true oppositional.
Speaker 4: Look, we were gonna we were say a few words, but now go on, because it looks this was going to be a cut point in the podcast, but now I think we leave it.
Speaker 2: Usually I've got a microphone on my shirt so I can but this is, this is, and I talk about this honestly, I.
Speaker 4: Talk about this.
Speaker 1: Where have you been this afternoon?
Speaker 2: What are you talking about?
Speaker 1: I can tell by your eye.
Speaker 4: I know I was about to say the same thing. That's why I was going to stop the party, because I can tell he's done something. The Southernoon sweart a couple of beers around the golf clubs. Did you you know what? I knew that when he's at the Lebanese barbecue and I shrewend cracker beer, I thought this is going to be a rough party of this Afghanist.
Speaker 2: I heard him.
Speaker 5: Actually say to the boys, a leave early duck off. Don't Altrician sees it the golf clutor.
Speaker 1: You know what? That would make me happy?
Speaker 4: If what dad drank?
Speaker 1: No, if he he did that with the boys.
Speaker 4: No, But he didn't. He does it on his own, which he is such a winner.
Speaker 2: I think drinking is a soport.
Speaker 4: I don't think it is. I think it's the furthest thing possible from solos.
Speaker 1: I think once it becomes a solo sport.
Speaker 6: You really need to look into yourself, Matthew and look at what's going on.
Speaker 2: Pause one second, Leven, look inside yourself. All I said was awesomeness.
Speaker 1: Some organs not happy.
Speaker 4: Outside of the Leven's barbecue. Anyone got some stuff from their week that we want to address, Patty.
Speaker 1: Why are you looking at me?
Speaker 4: Because Dad's clearly prepared nothing. Look, I don't know. You guys have seen me this week, been struggling pretty bad with a pretty bad neck and back issue.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, I've bought this thing off Instagram.
Speaker 3: What is it?
Speaker 1: And it's on charge now. It's a I don't know.
Speaker 6: It's some sort of nick neck pillow thing that massages and apparently puts your neck in the right.
Speaker 1: Because we move forward, we move back.
Speaker 6: Our neck is meant to be neutral, and very few of us actually do it, and I definitely don't. So I've been waiting like weeks for it to come and it finally arrived today, So I can't wait to get in.
Speaker 2: Is it for?
Speaker 4: Is it built? Is it like a neck pillow?
Speaker 6: It's a neck pillow, but you can just lay on it to even just rectify your neck, just to put it in an appropriate position, and it heats up, it massages it, and it just puts you in the right.
Speaker 4: Is it good? Is it good for aeroplanes?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: No, because you've gotta lay flat on it.
Speaker 4: Oh you got to be flat. You can't sit up right on it. So it's not like you're can attach it around.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no, it's no, it's not for an aeroplane.
Speaker 4: I learned about neck pillows on aeroplanes. Are they They're supposed to be for the front of your neck, So you know how people put them around the back?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Someone else has told me that I put it at.
Speaker 4: The front and you're supposed to rest forward on it.
Speaker 1: That is because that would make your neck changer?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, but how did how would be not educated more with that.
Speaker 2: Sort of stuff. It's it's criminal.
Speaker 5: I don't know. We turned into like a like I feel like saying the information we discussed in this podcast is for entertainment and general discussions only. We are not doctors or medical professionals. Please don't treat anything we say is medical.
Speaker 2: We were professional left of center wellness. I'll say this, A lot of people who got bad necks and backs.
Speaker 1: You can are hard workers.
Speaker 2: You can fix it pushing in at the front top.
Speaker 1: Of the chest, not always look.
Speaker 5: Can you know what you just triggered a great story of mine. We went, you know, when you go get builded. We got billeted in newcast in New Zealand when I was a kid and six years you know my Polish Polish kiwy friend, young Kaliki, I grew up with, right, Yarn's quite funny. He's quite a typical. He's very stubborn. He's one of the most stubborn blokes of And we had a we we got billarded with this really like I'm gonna say, because it was a union school. Got billeted with like a really elite sort of family, like you could tell they were pretty hoity toity. And we went to dinner.
Speaker 1: Why did they use knives and forks? Honey?
Speaker 5: Oh you wait for this. So we went for dinner, you know, listen, stuff like that. We went for dinner and it was like the grandfather's like retirement from being a doctor. He was like this for medical doctor. And they did this big dinner and then us as the two billets had rocked up and the doctor had got there and basically gone to Yarn see, I think physiotherapy is a myth. It's not a real profession. And we were going, oh, no, we're going he started saying all these outlanding things were going, oh, that's interesting, like and in credit to Yan, he started going, look, Yarn, you gotta learn, mate, like, if I push your neck this far, it'll come back, relax and then be able to stretch further. That's physio therapy. And credit to Yarn in the middle as a billet like going to dinner for this bloke just called him out in front of his whole family, sixty year old bloke, like what just saying, no, I don't agree with you. I think that's so I think. And he's right to be fair you you have to be in the wrong, Like there's no way that you're saying, legit.
Speaker 2: Okay, we.
Speaker 1: Mate, that was a great story.
Speaker 3: It's great.
Speaker 4: Were you just about the hammer Jack's story?
Speaker 5: Now it sounds like it sounds like a.
Speaker 2: Great story, it's great.
Speaker 4: Okay, Then what are you thinking?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Why did you interrupt the story being okay okay? And then just then trail off.
Speaker 2: And say, now I was saying I was engaged in the story.
Speaker 3: You would not absorbing the story.
Speaker 5: It sounds like I was about to cop something, but your mind's so slow this afternoon that you didn't even have anything to come.
Speaker 3: Look, I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 2: I was looking to Cooper to sort of put the boot in first.
Speaker 3: Obviously, don't get me to do the mate.
Speaker 4: You're a grub, you know what he is, a grub because Dad did come on. Dad did a bit of mass arging on meet. You talked about massaging me because the next was bad for like at least four or five days.
Speaker 1: Is it better?
Speaker 4: It's actually better now, It just better. But I couldn't look left for ages, so I couldn't cross the road to go backwards. Or I just just take the leap of faith, closed my eyes and just go. But I went to got a massage maybe last like day two of it sort of happening, because I was like, I wonder if it's muscular. I just want to get it released. And I went to this one and shout out to us. She was so strong, like you know, you get just a small thie lady, but their hands a lot strong gravel, you know, like so strong. She was so strong. That was one no no, no kiss you said.
Speaker 2: It went to one.
Speaker 4: When did I say that?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I went to one to one one when.
Speaker 4: A strange for no, like I went to I went to one like I went to a Yeah, anyway, okay, so then then I went anyway and not I went to one. And she's her strong hands, right, she got so stuck in to my lower back and I said, and she said, oh back issues neckt as you come from glutes. But I went for a coffee just before, and I don't know, something happened in my guts. And like literally as she was pressing, it was like, oh, I've had to go to the toilet before, right, like quickly go take a pool or whatever it is, but during mass not during a massage, but this was like next level of I need to go right immediately. She was literally as sooner and it was like as soon as she touched my glues and it was almost like it was almost like doctor pimple pop up, like her the pressury the side of my glutes. It was like she was squeezing it out and oh, no, your MIC's cut out, So which is which is for the best? Probably for the best.
Speaker 6: I told you to wear headphones. Who thinks Matt's been really annoying.
Speaker 2: I just want to go to Jack's story. I thought, Jackson, there could be a story that'd be worse than Jack. It's a it's not a fun story.
Speaker 4: It's not a fun story. It's not supposed to be fun. It's about that. But then what happened was because it did put yourself no. I held on. I squeezed those cheeks together as tight as they possibly could. Then I went to Macas because Macas is my go to like toilet because they're always pretty like clean, they're always pretty good.
Speaker 3: But I've gone.
Speaker 4: When I went in, it was around.
Speaker 1: Three o'clock cleaning.
Speaker 4: Me and Jack were about to go see Spider Man actually and in Mossman, so I was like, ill quickly duck in there then continue on the movies. All these kids come in. There was one cubicle in the toilet, and I'm sitting in there like literally like it's coming out and it's coming out fast, it's coming out quick, and it's coming out hard, and it's coming out fast. I'm sitting on the toilet. I can't remember, but I'm sitting on the toilet and then like probably six school kids coming. I just hear all this and like their little feet are underneath the thing and they're like knocking on the door, like and I'm in there. I should have taken a photo because I remember I was in there and it felt like I was hiding from a home invader. I was like, I had like my hand over my mouth, and I.
Speaker 3: Was like.
Speaker 4: These kids me in there, just like lightly breathing, trying to be so silent, Like I was just ashamed. There's something shameful about pulling in public.
Speaker 5: No, but you're in a very vulnerable position as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you don't know, like these little kids might have just gone and put their head under and then they see their hero in there shooting themselves in the mac of toilet.
Speaker 1: See Cooper.
Speaker 6: Ever since it was a little kid who he'd hold on, he would never pull at school, he would hold on until he came home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wouldn't enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Boys, Well, I just not rip off all of his clothes.
Speaker 4: I've never been good. Yeah I do that, Like Danny Bidire is completely naked, but I've been I just have never enjoyed pulling in public. As I've gotten older, I've enjoyed it because obviously some circumstances you just have to, Like you're at a pub or at a nightclub. You're not going to go home to pooh. You just got to do it there in a nightclub.
Speaker 1: That's sick.
Speaker 2: It was like when I'm the work I've done a couple of times, walked in there might be you know, some of the crew or something, and Maddie here Gowan. We both hop into the toilets and really, I've got to pump went out and you sort of you don't want to do that, like you're sort of trying to push it out slightly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's too much farty guys.
Speaker 2: The female toilet.
Speaker 6: I don't know that this is great listening, but I must say I have sometimes heard someone do like a little fart in the toilet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that happens.
Speaker 3: Sorry, that's what you got.
Speaker 2: Let's take its female toilet.
Speaker 4: The girls like, because obviously there's no urinal in.
Speaker 1: The girls to individual toilets, you're going there might be ten, but.
Speaker 2: Like you do, do you kiss each other?
Speaker 3: We're wondering we should let that drink.
Speaker 6: Do you kiss in the men's toilet at the time someone offered you in the toilet?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think you've told it.
Speaker 4: I think.
Speaker 2: No, No, no, no listeners all the time.
Speaker 1: Know, there's a guy that offered to how can I put this offer you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, were you there?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It was actually at a Mark Hughes Foundational ball.
Speaker 3: Guys that was all for the Beanie for brain cancer.
Speaker 1: And he came out and he went so proud. He was so proud of and he's like, oh my god, this guy this.
Speaker 4: Offer and we're actually proud of. I suppose it's the os.
Speaker 1: It doesn't happen too often.
Speaker 2: The guy said to me, we're doing a we stand at the urinal together, and he goes, it's usually a great guy, I said, one of the best. He guess comes across the great guy. Oh, you blokes are all really tight. He said, can I ask you a question?
Speaker 3: Please?
Speaker 2: Don't like take a fence or take a swing at me. Why would I do that? And he goes, I just hang on, Can I give you a blow job?
Speaker 1: And then Matt kissed him.
Speaker 2: No, and I said, excuse me, and he said, can I give you a blowjob?
Speaker 4: Now?
Speaker 2: The reason I excuse me was one of my best mates, Jack's godfather, Stephen Crowe, was in the toilet, so he was also there, so he was the only one there, but he didn't know who's anyway, the guy said, and I said, look.
Speaker 1: Mat, so he does have a witness.
Speaker 2: I said, here's the thing, and did say this.
Speaker 6: He's in the toilet, giggling, putting his hand over his mouth like you were, like you did.
Speaker 2: The ship, but as opposed to school kids or someone there job. And he said to me, how can I give you a blow job? And I said make look, I said, look, wife, two kids.
Speaker 3: Ye.
Speaker 2: So and he goes, don't worry, I won't tell anyone. I said, look, brother, here's the thing in another alternate universe. Who knows? Probably yes, but at this point in my life, no, anyway, he goes. Anyway, he goes, thanks for sort of being understanding. I said, no, sweet and I sort of having shoulders back, and then came out. He said what about that? Then I went out and I said the truth. You wouldn't believe that, and truth goes.
Speaker 3: Where is he? Well?
Speaker 1: I did, who?
Speaker 4: What did you?
Speaker 5: Like? Have you seen him?
Speaker 4: Since this guy never but I imagine if he's in a Mark Hughes foundation like ball, you must have somewhat.
Speaker 1: Have known it, like no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: Loads of people go from all different sponsors and yeah, okay, right, that's they're a big, big function.
Speaker 4: They are a big function, right, that makes sense. Yeah, I heard what you said. I don't want to reiterate it. The So it was good to see Gas and Gala during the week they came over. But Gazz and Poppy meant for the first time my partner, Poppy and Poppy as you just Poppy met Poppy. It was like conception and look there was a Gas is hearing. Isn't that great? There was a little bit lost in translation. Gas was trying to wrap his head around but she played AFL and not NRL.
Speaker 3: He couldn't quite.
Speaker 4: Kept trying to say that he was going to get to get her signed up at not go on.
Speaker 1: Was there some confusion over her name as well?
Speaker 3: How she went? He goes, what do you do?
Speaker 5: Love?
Speaker 2: And she goes, I play afl W. If you g WS, I must say wech are a lot of letters and he goes what He wasn't like, he just went what And she went on a fl W for g w S and uh, Coop goes, she plays g w S in the afl W.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, and you And then but today he rings me this is what was funny today. So he rings me and he goes, oh, I'm just down at Pete's Pub And I said, what are you doing? He said, I understanding with a mate. What was your partner's name?
Speaker 5: Again?
Speaker 4: And I go poppy and he goes poppy like talking to someone behind and go okay, and he goes, well, here do you spilled her last name? Our bolts gaes b o L. And he's going to be like as I'm saying, repeating this guy and I just hear his going the back like yeah. And I was like, what is he doing? And I said what are you doing? He goes, I'm just down here with me, mate, with me, mate, with me, mate, Tom. I'm just showing her, you, missus, how good a sword she is. I was like, okay, Rodo goes that's good. There are some grandparents who are proud of their grandkids achievements.
Speaker 2: Whereas Gaz they said the same thing about Trisha.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she's a good style of Sheila. Did you say that to you now to me about her.
Speaker 4: Back in the day. Not recently.
Speaker 1: No, I've really let myself go.
Speaker 2: It was forty years ago.
Speaker 5: Okay, JACKO know what's been going on my week? Is that what you're referring to. Yes, I've been playing a bit of tennis lately, mate. I've been trying to get back into me running this week and geting a bit of tennis with my mate Mafu. But we've been getting on. We've been doing some discussions lately around weddings because Mark's getting married.
Speaker 3: Later in the year.
Speaker 5: We're all going to the wedding.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'll all.
Speaker 5: Be there and we're discussing, you know, suits and all that sort of stuff. Jesus, I didn't realize how like everyone says weddings are expensive, right, but Jesus, they're expensive.
Speaker 6: It's ridiculous, and it's all the detail involved because people go above and beyond.
Speaker 2: How much your wedding suit cost wedding from.
Speaker 1: Memory, maybe about fifteen.
Speaker 2: Hundred what back in that's outrageous from the nineties.
Speaker 3: How much could we get in now?
Speaker 6: And that was just the dress, and then there was my veil that was another few hundred dollars.
Speaker 4: The scales not included in the dress.
Speaker 2: Our suits costs one hundred and twenty bucksuits they did those microfibersuits.
Speaker 1: Oh god, you were proud of them.
Speaker 2: Look when you walked out of that creek.
Speaker 1: No, they were about They weren't terribly expensive, but they weren't.
Speaker 2: One hundred and seventy four that were more than that. How much fit repeatedly fifteen hundred dollars for your wedding?
Speaker 4: How much did your whole wedding costs?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 6: Ah, yeah, because we paid well, we paid food most things.
Speaker 1: Mom and dad did all the food. The venue, they paid for it.
Speaker 4: Your parents paid for it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for the food, for the food, like for the like the restaurant, We paid for the entertainment. Yeah, we did this contract because it was Joey and I and.
Speaker 1: I reckon probably fifteen thousand.
Speaker 4: Fifteenth that's pretty that's nothing back of that. Oh, then it would have been quite expensive.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how much is like elaborate on everything?
Speaker 2: How much like these average wedding dress now?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Or they can be twenty thousand dollars match you should mean, I wouldn't spend that. I think for a lovely one you could get away with it anywhere from two thousand to five thousand.
Speaker 4: But like you put that into account with the wedding itself and then the ring, which they say is what three months of your wage.
Speaker 1: That's your engagement.
Speaker 2: Did you put it on lay by?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think two thousand.
Speaker 2: Two thousand, so seventeen thousand dollars wedding so far the eager. That's why I shouldn't do it.
Speaker 4: I reckon it is the best way to go with weddings. Doing it like traveling, so that way you kind of mean it. Well, there's cost to travel and do in the venue and whatnot, but you're minimizing costs because not many people will want to travel.
Speaker 1: Well, it just depends do you want everyone there or don't you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, at the end of the day, it's all about love there and who's not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean of mine is the less.
Speaker 3: People there the most.
Speaker 2: The less people put their hand up when they say, is there anyone here that think they should not be wedded?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's a very interesting thing these days. I've spoken to a number of people and they talk about, well, I mean there's the whole guest list and the arguments over that that's a big deal, and then there's the.
Speaker 1: Who's paying for what?
Speaker 6: Because you know, fever are older, they tend to pay for their own weddings. But you know, traditionally, back in my day, it used to be the girls parents pay for the food and the groom's parents pay for the alcohol and cars.
Speaker 4: I thought it was usually the I thought that groom's parents pay for everything.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that's just not our Sorry, that's just Tricia is getting the interesting bit.
Speaker 6: But other people I know what they do these days because weddings are so outrageous, and you know, to be frank, some weddings are very alb you know, they want the best of everything. They were let's find do you want that, Well, then you pay for that. So some parents just say, well, here go, this is his five thousand dollars or he is ten thousand dollars. This is what I'm willing to contribute, which is fair enough. Other people I know have also when there's like two lots of parents, and I mean the thing is not everyone can afford, you know, and it's their child's wedding. If you want an elaborate wedding, well you know that's up to you to put towards it.
Speaker 7: But some other people I know have people they paid proportionately because they invited a greater number of the guest lists.
Speaker 6: One side of the found it they said, said, we thought that was fair and I thought that is actually quite fair.
Speaker 4: That seems like too much work, not just half it down the middle.
Speaker 6: Now because because most venues will charge per head and a lot of places will be alcohol and.
Speaker 1: Food included.
Speaker 5: It was on a Saturday or Sundays, it like, is they're my bonus fees? Is it for people?
Speaker 6: For workers, I'm imagining a Sunday would have Sunday rates.
Speaker 4: But for me, that's that sort of seems like getting a going to dinner with your friends and rather than just having it four or four ways or whatever, they're picking out what they have.
Speaker 6: But you don't want people to have to go into debt for it.
Speaker 4: If you're getting married, guess what you're going in You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't think you should. That's not a good way to start a relationship.
Speaker 5: The venues are way too expensive, but I think like it shouldn't be if you're having it for a day the venue itself. Like I understand the catering, because you're actual stuff at the venue itself just to hire it. It's pretty I think.
Speaker 2: It's turning the gym into a wedding venue.
Speaker 6: You could turn this place into a wedding I said that to Jack, I said, we could make this place.
Speaker 4: Beautiful for heavy you'd be able to charge.
Speaker 1: It and then you just get a caterer in.
Speaker 2: If you I was walkeding a wedding and said the seminal spash cock, what did you take?
Speaker 5: Great question?
Speaker 1: Why would you think of Speci're tiny? It's like eating a little sparate.
Speaker 4: Can I just another time while we're just as niche? Yeah, while we're on a wedding. A friend of mine wo's getting married at the end of the year. But he's having a big year so far, nico he and we congratulating what he did. Yes, got thirty two goals in a row and he's going going for the record this week.
Speaker 1: That's awesome.
Speaker 2: I think that is emblematic the confidence he has at the moment. Thirty two from thirty two kicking. It's spilled into his game. He's in a really good spot.
Speaker 4: Shall we ring him, say hi, I think we need it because we need someone to sort of you know.
Speaker 2: Just we'll say that has come down with like, because I'm seeing the wedding. So should we call him and say that Dad can't do it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: He's got to go to a usc event.
Speaker 5: You're going to do it as a prank.
Speaker 4: It's more like we're just going to say something nice to him, Nicholas. Mate, you're on the family party. We were just talking. We actually just got talking. That's mum. Dad's had a few drinks.
Speaker 5: So hey Nico, you got to yell across the room.
Speaker 4: But the MIC's right, But we just wanted to We were just talking about weddings and I said, oh, it's got talking about you and then we want to congratulate you on your on your goal kicking at the moment and it's going into a big week for you. Uh, you know, are not to put the pressure on it you but are you feeling the nerves.
Speaker 5: I'm not feeling the nerves that everyone's talking about it. So it's constantly reminding me of that it's happening this week.
Speaker 2: So we're talking about the wedding of the goals. I'll let you figure that out.
Speaker 4: Well, responded, it's down in Woollongong as well. And that is it Cogra, not Willo. It's not really.
Speaker 1: And you think that the Pacific Highway is a Hume Highway. He's very confused.
Speaker 5: Well, I think.
Speaker 4: I just want like just to stress the point, like I don't want to tell you what to do, what this and that, but like it will be windy down there, so if you kind of just the closest to the post you could score is probably.
Speaker 5: I think you're thinking wing win again.
Speaker 6: You're thinking Wollongong Stadium because it's they've got the beach behind it. I think col Grul should be Okay, it's got the wing cock.
Speaker 1: Oh my lord. When I start knowing more about grounds than.
Speaker 2: You do, I think I'll give a bit of advice. If they score anything from ten meters towards the touch line, pretend you've got a hamstering.
Speaker 3: You don't take it. Just take the ones in front. Brother, It all counts.
Speaker 2: On the record books.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, great to see you going. Good to Niko. The team's fucking fireing broh.
Speaker 5: Thanks, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Man, Hey, look, would you would you want to put more on this? I'm happy to do like a reward of swords if if you can break the record, whether it's this week or next week, saying something, well, I was just it's more less of a bit more like I will give you encouragement. Yeah, a reward a bit of incentive.
Speaker 1: So you will Okay, what would you like from Cooper?
Speaker 4: Is there anything you want from me? Apart from financial.
Speaker 3: Because I'll give you a massage.
Speaker 4: Mass would be nice.
Speaker 2: Also, wouldn't wind?
Speaker 5: You're looking silly?
Speaker 2: How about you dye your hair blonde?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 1: You look good? Blonde? He used to be blonde.
Speaker 6: Have you seen the baby photos?
Speaker 3: Lock it in with you?
Speaker 4: Blonde with a perm but doesn't blonde. I'll do it like I'll do it if you can do it, But doesn't blonde kill your hair when I look like dad.
Speaker 3: That's peroxisos.
Speaker 1: Just some blonde highlights through it.
Speaker 4: I'll go blonde if you do it, I'll go blonde.
Speaker 1: This is the best bleach.
Speaker 4: Blonde right out my friend? Will you get back to you go out there and you start practicing.
Speaker 1: It has to be this weekend though.
Speaker 4: Right over my friend. He won't, he won't do it. He won't do it. We put too much on him.
Speaker 5: Now, just imagine you with frosted tips, cube.
Speaker 4: I don't think we had them when he was there, all not frosted tips. Oh yes, frosted tips. That's like boy band stuff. What did you put Stephen Bradbury? Wait what?
Speaker 5: Hang on?
Speaker 1: Remember because then you wouldn't let me do it again.
Speaker 4: Did you put color in my hair?
Speaker 1: Was it? It was?
Speaker 6: There was something and I just did like a couple of little pieces and it looks really cute. And then you just absolutely went a ballistic.
Speaker 4: What did you do when I was sleeping? Or do?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 6: God, you had nits that many times. You just probably thought I was putting more nit stuff in your hair.
Speaker 4: Oh so you didn't tell me that that sort of feels illegal.
Speaker 2: You have seven guys can move into a new segment of Organized It's called Matt's Sleepless Night.
Speaker 5: This ought to be a great segment to that.
Speaker 2: Okay, So what happens is I suffer bouts of insomnia and I'm laying there.
Speaker 6: Do you say, and yet if I'm ever laying in bed awake, you're snoring beside me.
Speaker 3: This is the reason I suffer it.
Speaker 2: Dear Lord Jesus Christ, listen to that voice.
Speaker 3: God help me.
Speaker 1: Do you know what if you keep saying this, I.
Speaker 4: Might just walk from the podcast intense from him.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: So I sit there and things come into my mind, and sometimes I think to myself, is that genius or is it not? Most of the time up the morning it's night, But I thought, why don't give it a go and running past you guys? So this is the thing I was thinking of primarily about four hours last night. Guys, what do you think it's the greatest scourge of the world is at the moment? This is serious surge?
Speaker 5: What does that mean?
Speaker 3: It's greater scourge? Like?
Speaker 2: What're the worst thing about the world of the moment?
Speaker 5: Probably the war?
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe what is the basis of war? What do you think? Agreed?
Speaker 5: The anger?
Speaker 3: You're on the right track.
Speaker 1: Great selfishness?
Speaker 5: Are you famine?
Speaker 3: So yeah, well that's.
Speaker 2: Part of it as well. Selfishness. The world these days is designed for selfishness, narcissism, everything but Instagram, everyone like that. But then I was thinking last night. In its very essence, selfishness is a protective mechanism given to whold all humors as part of its natural survival. I mean, would you say so true? You know, the ambition to protect oneself act of self it is innate, which lends myself to think like this, like people get there and they just expect selflessness from people. I would say no, I would say most part of the human condition is selfishness. I would say, well, doneto you if you are selfless, because that is a discipline, not an instinct.
Speaker 4: Yeah, because you're going away away from your body's natural instinct exactly protect oneself. As as silly as this segment has started, it makes a hell of a lot of sense.
Speaker 2: That does. And I'll say the same to this. People will go to people say your xenophobic, you dislike everything foreign. Well, that gives no incential person who are fair mind and welcome other people. I'll say this like selflessness selfishness, I would say that xenophobia and the fear of things foreign are built into the human condition as well. It is because you look back at under every hill and hollow. It was protecting one's tribe.
Speaker 4: What about last night?
Speaker 3: Yet, so for someone.
Speaker 5: Who is Jesus you reckon, you wrote it before, now.
Speaker 3: It is it is.
Speaker 2: It is these things which people just naturally expect from people should be congratulated. It is a discipline. To be selfless is a discipline. It goes against the greater instinct.
Speaker 1: Who would you say is selfless?
Speaker 2: Okay, no, that's.
Speaker 4: A great question. But my other question is where is this going?
Speaker 3: So where do we sit?
Speaker 2: Where do we sit? How do we bypass that tipping point between wait for this tipping point between narcissism and selflessness, and it does to be selfish, to wonder, to worry about oneself is only one step away from narcissism. So where do we strike that? How did Cooper? I've come up with a thing. In my opinion, in our family, the person who is most likely to trip into narcissism is you.
Speaker 4: Okay, So what does that? What does exactly a narcissist mean? Like narcissist, I don't really care about that stuff.
Speaker 1: Narcissism is it's just focusing on yourself primarily.
Speaker 4: I feel like I'm.
Speaker 5: Already there, and you sort of desensitized, like you're not empathy. Yeah, you have like a lack of empathy.
Speaker 2: And we've seen this more and more in the Instagram age.
Speaker 4: I think, I think I've got empathy, Spider Man.
Speaker 5: But also they have a very good, acute confidence in themselves. I believe something like that. But I just let you know too that that the atar for at most universities in New South Wales the atar for philosophies ninety two.
Speaker 4: What does that mean?
Speaker 5: Well, I want to know that's going very philosophy.
Speaker 2: Philosophy but I'll back myself on street sparts. So okay, where do we find So I'm saying to these kids and all the rest of the people say, I just like it. Where is the balance? Well, Cooper, I've put I put a note into your right pocket. I want you to pull it out.
Speaker 4: You did. He put it in there before the body and he said, you know, I want you to read this.
Speaker 3: You are.
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 1: What does it say?
Speaker 4: This earth and this universe is here for me and I am at the center of it.
Speaker 2: Put that away. I want you to reach in your left pocket.
Speaker 4: Okay, what is is that?
Speaker 3: Actually?
Speaker 5: Been drinking? I think.
Speaker 4: Even me to read it. I am nothing more than dust and soon we'll return to that form.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I think someone else came up with that before you.
Speaker 2: Man, that is but that is so? What? What is? What?
Speaker 3: Where does it s?
Speaker 4: It?
Speaker 2: Sits perfectly between. That's what you are. You are at the center of the universe and same as you will return to dust before you know it. So it's somewhere in between. That's where the balance is.
Speaker 3: Is it one is right, one is wrong, or the other one is right.
Speaker 5: So you're saying that's the spectrum.
Speaker 4: So what this whole segment was and what you thought about last night? When you say Matt's thoughts of sleepless nights or whatever the segment is.
Speaker 1: Called, this was it, This was all of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So essentially striking the balance between these days, like what is narcissism? What is generosity? That's the balance between them both between.
Speaker 1: Those right, So do you think the generosity can be I'm.
Speaker 3: Sorry now I'm getting lost. Now I'm getting.
Speaker 4: Lost when you Okay, so when you said today, hey, I've got a segment, I'm gonna put notes in your pocket like I've got, like, you know, sleepless night thoughts. I thought that's really good because, like what you know, funny thoughts that just come to your head, like you know, like where does paper come from? Okay, random things like that.
Speaker 5: That makes me fearful of what Let me let me change.
Speaker 2: Let me change it to this what is the meaning of life?
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm cutting you short.
Speaker 4: What I'm saying is this is this conversation seems way too deep for a family podcast.
Speaker 1: Anyone out there would like to engage in this conversation with Matt. Just what's the reach out?
Speaker 4: What's that guy Jack? The guy who like he's like an expert on the universe. That dude, not Stephen Hawking. It's like the mustache he always goes on like Joe Rob.
Speaker 5: Nilda grass Tyson.
Speaker 3: But love him.
Speaker 5: He's more astronomy.
Speaker 2: He's more astronomy now all encompassing, like he's a theorist and a physicist.
Speaker 4: A physiotherapist.
Speaker 6: Okay, let's got something really concrete that we can get into people, and that's our tips.
Speaker 5: Oh I've actually something else for us too. Oh yes, okay, I do have a question.
Speaker 4: Is this also a sleepless question?
Speaker 5: This is somewhat of a sleepless I'm only a bit of back and forth.
Speaker 4: So there.
Speaker 5: So there's a on Instagram. There's this logo and graphic designer that I follow called Alan Peters. Right, he's got a million follows in the US. He redesigns massive brand logos in theory and then he's got a big following from it because he's very talented.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: So yesterday it popped up where he puts the screenshot at a d M from asap Rocky Now Cooper going to explain a brockie for mother and father.
Speaker 4: He's a rapper. I think he goes out with one of the Jenners.
Speaker 6: I did not anymore, like I went out with Kylie even had a child with.
Speaker 4: Yeah, potentially he's a young he's a young, cool rapper. That's what you needed.
Speaker 5: I thought he went out with Rihanna, But okay.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's married to her.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll never throw to you ever again.
Speaker 3: Seems to be a bit of a tangled web.
Speaker 1: Actually I think he is.
Speaker 5: So this logo designer is really big on social media. Now he's taken a screenshot that he's gotten from on the day from asap Rocky saying, good morning, Alan, how much do you charge for brand logo revisions? Assuming you would be willing to do so, I would be honored, love your work, God bless right. And he screenshot it and put it to his social media and said mind blown essentially, and like, how good is this? Well, he's copped a whole lot of backlash, so the next day it's all over the news. Asap Rocky then commented on it, saying this is distasteful. Well, I guess we won't be working together. Best of luck, buddy, and everyone sort of jumped on the back of it, agreeing saying he blew it, saying publicizing a private DM I am, and people saying secured the bag and fumbled it because it would have been pretty well a business changing opportunity, right asap Rockie is one of the biggest names in the world. Bro really fumbled a life changing collaboration. People are saying, and I just want to ask you guys the debate all right, Instagram DM. Should that be kept in the confidential sphere like an email?
Speaker 1: I think that's fine that he did that.
Speaker 6: Who because he's saying blown away like he's actually I don't understand why everyone's turned on him, including a Rocky.
Speaker 2: People so preciously sts.
Speaker 4: I don't. Like I've seen a lot of people like when a famous person follows them and they'll screenshot to follow and put it on their story like oh yeah, how good, like it's a little bit of a flex. And then and then I put myself in, Say if Ariana Grande or whatever some Rihanna followed you, I put myself on their shoes, like they followed you. If then they see you post on their story like yeah, you followed me, I'd be kind of like and then I unfollowing. So I can see why asap Rocky is a little bit like, come on, man.
Speaker 3: Okay, what about it?
Speaker 2: Be cool if you're Rihanna and you follow me and ice screenshot it and say for all those people that think she's about everyone, you know, I'm just this knock aboud guy and she's following me.
Speaker 4: Thank you, Rihanna, mate, I know what you mean. If you say in a way that's like you're not trying you're trying to vouch for her, that's a little bit different, I think.
Speaker 2: But I just feel like people prayer men for someone to screenshot it put it up actually means that I think, like like so much a view of a person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I actually I personally could. I'm sort of a little bit different. I actually saw it as the same. I thought, wow, like he should be probably not like gratefully done, but should be quite flattered he's done this. But a lot of people are disagreeing. They are saying that the younger crew are saying that, and it's different as like social media rules there are there isn't really a book for it, right, Like if it's a private text message or it's an email for example, obviously then I think that's where the line like there's a line there, but Instagram.
Speaker 1: I'm going to pose a question to you.
Speaker 6: Do you think young people and not just young people, A lot of people will be led by the first few comments and follow that trend.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think so. Yeah. I know for a fact there are businesses out there that have three or four fake profiles that the moment they post things, they will make sure that those accounts are the first comment. And it's always positive in the businesses favor to try and sway people try.
Speaker 4: So it's almost like they try to set the trendstraight away.
Speaker 5: And also it sends people that disagree. Maybe they'll decide or maybe I won't comment.
Speaker 1: They'll come forward exactly right exactly.
Speaker 2: But the other one as well, people try to be cool. Wos why would you screensch that's not being cool. But I think that as well.
Speaker 6: I don't want to I don't think I'm that cool, like this is cool that this person likes my work so much that they're asking me.
Speaker 2: If I run into a person, people get there and go, oh mate, we're going to run someone say just be cool. I don't think so. If I run into somebody, first thing, I'll say to walk up and if they've done something great in their life. I'll go up and shake the handstake may congratulations what you've done.
Speaker 6: And sometimes he might say that to people that haven't done that that he thinks to someone else and.
Speaker 4: They go, oh, thanks, have you done that before? It was yeah, well you did that.
Speaker 1: And I saw him doing it, and I'm like, he thinks it's him.
Speaker 4: He's when you did that to your hero, like the Gallagher when you met was it Noel or Liam Gallagher? You know, like you could have you you went over and you didn't want to harass him, but you let him know like, hey, I'm a big fan of your work.
Speaker 2: I just said him, make congratulations. I said, what you've done with your life and the talent is just amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: The other boy who swam with the swimmer whose dates a swimmer.
Speaker 5: You know, swam with the swimmer Cody Simpson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Cody Simpson. I saw him in Paris.
Speaker 5: It must have been right, and you just put that hand through the floor.
Speaker 2: Was going, Cody Simpson's here and everyone's going and I saw some of his stuff and what he done, what does he do?
Speaker 4: He was a singer back in the day, but your generation you wouldn't really know too much of Cody.
Speaker 2: He's a swimmer, but I've seen Southern suf he done, so why would you not? So I went over to him, I said, Cody, really, nice to meet your Gold Coast boy. Yeah, and with Chattaway and I said, congratulations on your life. What you've set up for yourself, you'll credit yourself. And he goes, thanks very much, and then change Maus goes, that was the weirdest thing I ever.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I also wouldn't affected you to, like, you know, do that Cody Sims because you wouldn't know any of Simpson songs.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know, but I know that he is a successful guy, you know with them?
Speaker 4: Am I cure?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 6: He went out with dumb miss Cyrus, Maley Cyrus, Oh, Miley.
Speaker 4: Cyrus, Miss Cyrus, who hasn't been able first name? What say?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That song?
Speaker 5: Yeah, that song selo greens fuck you what he Cody Simpson wrote that? What?
Speaker 2: No way, No, I made what's sort of greened in your songs?
Speaker 1: Morphing into that.
Speaker 6: Okay, it's tip time, people, Okay, Cooper and I seven out of eight last week, and Cooper, I just want to say, stop copying my tips.
Speaker 4: I don't copy that because we're.
Speaker 6: Both on ninety nine and that's he's no he is, you're laughs, my very.
Speaker 5: Michael Jackson and no he did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and Jackie, you're in ninety five. So yeah, okay, this week, Titans and the cows and go on the Titans.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Titans tomorrow night. Well as people listened to this last night.
Speaker 4: Yeah we got them.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, jack.
Speaker 5: Young going Titans turned around for the cowboys to.
Speaker 4: I don't have a choice, Titans.
Speaker 1: You don't want a company of your abuse from your cowboyfriend.
Speaker 6: Okay, there are and I think, if I'm not mistaken, have you gone and bought the same ug boot slipper shoes as your girlfriend?
Speaker 4: She bought them for me. She brought them together, very nice.
Speaker 5: Hearing a lot, hearing an awful lot of that lately. She's got me this, but I don't. I'm starting to thinking it might be a throwaway.
Speaker 2: Get a Mickey Mouse shirt together.
Speaker 1: Styl is improving. It's good.
Speaker 4: She spoils me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're right, spoiled the wars in Penrith. I'm going penrith uh and.
Speaker 4: Penrith game this week, exact game.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go. It's only on Fox H six o'clock. I'm going to go Wars.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go and upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going with you. I'm gonna go Wars as well.
Speaker 3: Call it it's in New Zealand. Yeah, okay, Media.
Speaker 4: CIA, it's all of our Wars. I'm going to go Penrith just on the Yeah.
Speaker 1: Of course you are a little copycat.
Speaker 4: Because I need to stay tight. True.
Speaker 1: Roosters and the dog is I'm going the roosters.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going to go the roosters as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, roosters.
Speaker 3: I'm going the dogs. Man, I'm going the dogs.
Speaker 2: Whole you reckon?
Speaker 1: This is they have to win to make the eight.
Speaker 3: They don't have to, but it's pretty vital.
Speaker 2: But also this, this is exactly the game dogs love.
Speaker 4: Yea they do all right?
Speaker 1: Okay, storm the manly, I'm going store.
Speaker 4: Are they playing this week as well?
Speaker 5: Yeah? In Cooper's Cooper's like Native Land, per.
Speaker 4: Perth, unbelievable herds, guys, how haven't the clubs reached out and offered to fly.
Speaker 5: Who was the explorer who landed in per before the Spanion.
Speaker 2: Dutch? Never, no, no, he was Tasmania.
Speaker 4: What's his name? Gold Card tog what was the Dutch from Austin Powers Goldberg?
Speaker 6: Right, and Jack, I just wanted to pick up before you kept saying screen shotted. It's screenshot shot is the past hance?
Speaker 5: No, but this is if someone did it twice, multiple screens.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's just good parenting. Storm Manly, I'm going Storm.
Speaker 1: Who's going what?
Speaker 4: This is a tough game.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that is the time. I'm going Manly, mar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, Coopa, what are you doing?
Speaker 4: Monster Comes has been named back in this week as well. I'm going to go. I think I'm going to go Storm.
Speaker 2: Massive sign your mate.
Speaker 3: The Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Bronchozed the Dolphins last cup.
Speaker 4: I had a draw and then mainly beat him by forty.
Speaker 1: Know that was dumb.
Speaker 2: He led you Astray, You're an idiot.
Speaker 1: Dolphins and Broncos.
Speaker 5: Dolphins Yeah, Dolphins, Yeah, I'm going Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Yep, what about you, Cooper?
Speaker 4: I just said Dolphins.
Speaker 1: Sorry I couldn't hear you.
Speaker 4: If you want to stop me from copying you, you go last night.
Speaker 1: Rabbits, Eels, No, I need to get it out first, Eels. I'm going.
Speaker 3: I'm going to get Rabbits.
Speaker 5: It's really a big game for that I'm with your Rabbits and I got a few players.
Speaker 1: Coming back to So you're going for Cooper Rabbits, good dude, good the Raiders on the nights. I'm going the nights.
Speaker 5: Tough game.
Speaker 4: This one is tough.
Speaker 5: Going nights Nights are playing great foot you. I'm going to back you meant more time.
Speaker 3: I'm the same Jack. I'm going nights.
Speaker 2: Next week we're going to Old Boys Day.
Speaker 5: I haven't agreed to it yet to you, but you're just tell next week. I think it's later this month. We both got a text messages later this month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I will.
Speaker 4: Cambras ok.
Speaker 5: Raiders, They're still a chance to make the.
Speaker 3: Raiders someone.
Speaker 1: And Dragons Sharkys. I'm going to Sharkis and go for your record.
Speaker 3: A slippery game.
Speaker 2: Slippery It is a banana game for the Sharkis.
Speaker 5: But Sharkys, uh, Sharkys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you have any of the Sharkis this time next week, I could be a blonde someone.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and if who's going to do it for you?
Speaker 4: I don't know if anyone's listening, and they could do it for me.
Speaker 5: I will say that that is a danger game. They're actually starting to come out of the woodwork towards the end of the year, looking towards Mad Monday. The dragons always gives you a bit of extra.
Speaker 2: And could I just finished this with a rather strange story that happened the other day I ran into. The other day I ran into Joey Walsh ran in two of course, mainly fame, and I'd heard a story that he named his dad named him after my favorite guitarist, Joe Walsh. And I said to Joey Walsh, yeah he did name And I said, Joey, is it true that your dad named you after Joe Walsh, the Yougirls guitarist. And he goes yeah, And I went do you know much about him? He said, oh, the only thing I know? He had a song called Life's Too Good. I said yeah, But I said he was the guy that stuff at the end of Hotel California. And I said, do you want to hear another story about Joe walh He goes, oh, yeah, sure, And I sort of forgot in a way that I was talking to like a young guy, and I said, he came out and played with a band called the Party Boys, and my mate picked him up at the airport and his payment to the record company he was going to be. They said, you can have fifty grand cash or something else, and he said, oh, can you give me like two hundred grand of cocaine, which they gave to him. And then three weeks later I ran back and I said, and needs more. And I said to Joe you what about that? And he went, oh, all right, appropriate and.
Speaker 3: I said you're named after that went so what over you got? Oh that's good, I thought. I said, well, then I go back and tell your dad that.
Speaker 1: Degenerate a great weekend.
Speaker 3: To everybody man we meet it this time
Speaker 6: Mate, very, I'm going up to make the bed choo