Speaker 1: Our next guest exploded onto the scene in twenty twenty three with her massive.
Speaker 2: Hit escape Is It Anything Please?
Speaker 3: And this year I will confidently say she has released the best song of the year. How the hell does she do it? Let's find out as we welcome.
Speaker 4: To the show Superstar today.
Speaker 2: Good morning morning, what a nice intro. Hello, good morning.
Speaker 1: Where are you this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm in London preparing for bedtime?
Speaker 5: Because it is a different times God, I love the accents.
Speaker 1: We've seen any snow over there in London yet?
Speaker 2: No sadly, just rain, just a lot of rain.
Speaker 4: And that's why you need to jump on a plane and come and see us.
Speaker 1: Rid Yes, in the summertime, I would like that.
Speaker 5: Let's get some plans in the diary.
Speaker 2: I love it. Do you know what was my favorite place? Hirst? Is that niche?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Well, personally, the beach is there, so.
Speaker 5: I don't go deep, I don't go below the knees. I'm not a revery good swimmer.
Speaker 2: So she's from the UK, guys.
Speaker 3: I'll take it from the knees down right right. How do you reflect right now on the year that has been. It's been a big one for you.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's been so amazing, you know what, I think, It's just such a beautiful thing. I think you can really get in your head in life, can't. You just can sometimes assume the worst, or you know, maybe I had even a couple of thoughts like I'm never going to have a song big like Escapism again, that's going to be do you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: You can have these sports.
Speaker 5: And I'm just so happy that the first single my second album is just it couldn't have gone better, just over the Moon.
Speaker 2: I'm so proud of it too.
Speaker 1: So I mean, spirits are high here in Australia. We have played that endlessly and the million dollar question is have you found a husband yet?
Speaker 2: This I'll go You would think so would have helped beautifully. This song would have even helped me slightly progress in that direction.
Speaker 5: But unfortunately the song has actually had me very booked and busy, so I don't think I've even had time to look for my DMS.
Speaker 2: Unfortunate.
Speaker 4: If you dodgy hands up in the DMS, though, I can imagine.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what, guys, I'm actually offline, like it's so nice. I don't even have access to my Instagram. It's blessed you should try it, try.
Speaker 1: It because social is such a big way people promote their music, promote whatever they're selling. Yes, but I've noticed that more and more people are getting other people to manage that for them because it is just we're sort of going, we've gone so far in one direction, we're pulling back and going the other way now that people are really trying to disengage to get some of their lives back, do you.
Speaker 2: Know what I think? So, and I'll still go, like, I'll still post on it.
Speaker 5: We'll still be me posting that, but I just won't allow myself to scroll, so I don't have ac someone knows my password is basically I don't know my password, so they'll give me a phone, I'll do my post, they'll take it off me and that's it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's very gat.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Would you say that you're a bit of an old soul then, ray, because I did read with interest that you still have like songbooks, like you will sit down and write in your songbook and one of those songbook or songbooks were actually stolen from your car on what near on twelve months ago?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the whole car was stolen, but I've got it back, which is great, but it was such a journey, like I'm more on those books, Like I cried for those books. It was a real journey. Like I said goodbye, I was like, oh, just start again. And then the police called me and they fan my car, so that was great. And I definitely I am an old soul. I love writing, I love paper, I love vinyls, I love like analog music. I love the nineteen sixties, like honestly most of my favorite singers even from that time.
Speaker 2: Like I am a bit of an old soul.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I've got three older sisters. I was the we refer to me as the surprise, not the accident in the family. You yourself have a couple of sisters. And is it true they go on tour with you? What's what's a relationship?
Speaker 5: Like it is true. They're both going to be opening up for me on tour. Two of them. Amma is Amma and absolutely Abby's Abby's name is actually Abby.
Speaker 2: Everyone's like it's absolutely her real name.
Speaker 5: Her name is actually Abbi, but her artist name is absolutely. And they're so talented. They are so talented and incredible, and I'm so excited to be sharing a stage with them and going on tour with them, and our parents are our managers, so it's like one big family a monkeu.
Speaker 4: Our mom needs to be selling merch at the front.
Speaker 2: Mama Joe and daddy Ja.
Speaker 1: Now I love my family right like, I really like if we travel and work together. I mean, sisters, fire, do you do you have any blow ups? Like what's the wardrobe situation?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you know what?
Speaker 5: The only thing that we ever really fight about is stealing clothes. So I think other than that, we are actually we have such a great relationship. I actually lived with my sisters, so we're super close.
Speaker 4: I just think that's so cool to be able to share this month.
Speaker 3: Well, have you have you crafted a sort of family song or tune together as a scope for a family band? Oh?
Speaker 5: Which, you know what, completely honestly, I'm not ruling anything out because I think in the future, one day we we should make music together. And I think it's one of those things. You know, I've been an artist for a minute, and it can get quite lonely and you can kind of be whisked away from the things that matter and it can just all be you know how a life is just work, work, work, you know, and it's a really beautiful thing getting to share life and share your work with your family.
Speaker 1: You can always trust your sisters, though, what's the biggest blow up you've had over something that they've stolen?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: I mean the worst ones are like, you know, you know, we made a pact, like, okay, so if you're gonna borrow anything, you're gonna we're gonna ask, you know, We're going to do that, you know what I mean. And then and then you see like an Instagram post with like an out of here and I'm.
Speaker 4: Like, bitch, stole my lad?
Speaker 2: Do that exactly? Like how could you do that?
Speaker 5: If you screenshot the picture and text it with eyes and James down?
Speaker 1: Is that why you've gone off socials?
Speaker 4: All right, congratulations on the year you've had. I just bloody love your attitude and you just sounds like you're just enjoying it, which is so nice. I'm not going to call it up. And honestly, we are just waiting and hanging for Aussie dates. So yes, please come see.
Speaker 5: No, I can't wait to come back. The crowds in your neck of the woods is just so correct. The energy is so beautiful, So I really can't wait to be back in town.
Speaker 3: I love the fact that she's an old soul. I like to think of myself as an old She needs my husband. I need a wife.
Speaker 4: Maybe when we're here Cotail or two, we might have found your husband.
Speaker 2: Do you like as you men?
Speaker 5: I'm clearly I'm extremely out of practice, like I'm like a hopeless like just nervously talk and go like tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Around.
Speaker 5: I'm glad the camera's off right now.
Speaker 4: How do you feel about bloke to keep guitars in their room even though they don't play, or have or have a mirror focused at their bed.
Speaker 2: Jason, it's true.
Speaker 3: Join the family band.
Speaker 1: I'm so flattered, right, I'm so sorry that this interview is taking a turn for Clin trying.
Speaker 4: To find a wife.
Speaker 1: We love you, We can't wait to have you know.
Speaker 5: The strugglings will though, trust me, I understand. Listen, the times come was meant to be will be.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean.
Speaker 4: So you've got to be in it to win it right right on this year, enjoy the silly season, and we'll see you when you get to us.
Speaker 2: Bye, Thank you, darling, take that right.
Speaker 4: Bye, She'll med say it's coming across desperate bro Jason Lauren.
Speaker 1: Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the Socials sh