Speaker 1: Sometimes in social situations, you always think, what do they do on over in Hong Kong?
Speaker 2: How are they handling things?
Speaker 3: Do you always say that most morning? Do you want have we checked in with Hong Kong?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It solved so many problems.
Speaker 3: Yes, it does.
Speaker 1: One thing that the health minister is employed over there is he's encouraging people to stare shame people who are smoking in the wrong areas. Just give him a good old dirty look and hopefully they'll come claim.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a good old chat about who do you stare shame?
Speaker 1: I think about it as well. What just makes you so angry? But you don't have the galouoles to verbalize it, so you just stare at them.
Speaker 3: Well, we asked Abby in the newsroom, who don't you stare shame?
Speaker 1: She's still talking stare shaming. It is absolutely a thing. Just a quick remind as well, best caller this morning, going to pick yourself up a little school holiday package, hand ad reading semi voucher and Tronidole beach house voucher and go on the drawft for Jodan and Hazes's winter weekend escape. They do things a little bit different over in Hong Kong.
Speaker 3: Joans Oh, what's happened in honkers?
Speaker 1: I've always said that I don't think they honkers.
Speaker 3: Ever been to Joe Bananas at honkers?
Speaker 2: No, that's the thing.
Speaker 1: Apparently Hong Kong minister wants people to shame smokers by staring at them in public. Well, Hong Kong Secretary for Health Low Chung Mao has proposed an unconventional method to discourage smoking in public areas. He suggested that citizens should stare disapprovingly at smokers violating non smoking zones, even in the absence of law enforcement officers. Love this the power of a dirty look.
Speaker 3: A dirty stare, dirty chystare.
Speaker 1: Bring this in, Bring this in across in every state. I could see Peter Malanalysis getting behind this. Yeah you see something untoward happening, you just give them a big old death stare.
Speaker 3: Yeah, big old dirty stare.
Speaker 1: And if my stairs could talk, be aggressive, what would they say a lot of situations, particularly in traffic, Yeah, they'd see you absolute piece of beloney. Arrive better. I've got some good examples for you. I mean, where do I start in traffic? Probably if someone cuts you off and you pull up next to one and then you do the stair and then you wait as soon as they look at you, and then you mutter something under your breath they can't hear you, obviously, and then.
Speaker 2: Look away and you hope that they can lip read.
Speaker 1: But also one for me is you know when you stop at a traffic lights or you're about to and there's a car two cars ahead and you want to go left, Yeah, but the car ahead of you has got about three or four meters in front of it. Instead of going right up to the tower gate, they're stuck behind and you can't go left.
Speaker 3: You can't go left because they're too arrogant to be aware of their surroundings and go, oh, I need to move ahead here so that person behind. That's called consideration.
Speaker 1: Is it's not just you on the road, you giant knob right, give them a disapproving stair.
Speaker 4: Stair shame them, you.
Speaker 3: Know, like when people like you stair shame me. You know what I like to do was that just have a little giggle at them.
Speaker 1: Oh it makes us so high. You know what we thought we'd bring in the unofficial. We can assume that she's the Queen of stairs, showing that just fel be right up your.
Speaker 3: Alms so in your wheelhouse.
Speaker 5: You see the trophy for handball blitz. I think I need one for resting bitch face. Anyway, I am one who does it well. I do it to a lot of for a lot of different things. But my biggest thing is people who stop in doorways, stop in places where people are walking whatever, blah blah blah, and people.
Speaker 3: Stop right there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I I want to admit this. Usually I will literally stop and stand there staring at the people who are all confuting in the spot until they until they go oh oh sorry, and then move out the way, and then I usually walk.
Speaker 3: Off and do it like shaking my head. Yeah, I'll walk off, so I can imagine there'd be a timer in your head. You're like, all right, let's do this, and I'm going to stand there and stare at one. Two yeah, oh sorry, Oh okay, four seconds not bad.
Speaker 5: I cannot people who stand in where people are walking through get out the way.
Speaker 2: It's very good.
Speaker 1: Are you going gets smacked in the face with a really shameful stare from us read abbey good morning to use.
Speaker 3: That good morning. Yeah.
Speaker 6: I'm a big fan of live theater and I'm not a fan of people that don't turn their phones off. Goes off in live theater, I'll do the full turnaround, twist the neck behind.
Speaker 3: It's daggers.
Speaker 5: Is that happened to Mary Poppins the other way right?
Speaker 6: In a silent scene. There's a reason they tell you to turn that off, same as if you're talking in the theater, I will daggers.
Speaker 3: I've got one. What about when you're at the airport and you're standing at the baggage carousel and there's always a dude whose bag hasn't come yet, but he's taking up all the real estate right next to it, So when you go to get your bag, you're.
Speaker 4: Like, out of my way, man, inconsiderate.
Speaker 3: Like, wait until your bag's coming and then you can converge on the carousel until then, step the hell back.
Speaker 1: Four han stare shaming. It's a new thing. We're taking it from honkers, as you've called them over in Hong Kong.
Speaker 3: Apparently, thanks for man's blaming honkers for everything.
Speaker 1: No worries if you've just tuned in in the last thirty seconds.
Speaker 2: I've got little school holiday package up for grabs as well.
Speaker 1: For the best call, and of course you go in the running for Jodi and hazes Winter Weekend Escapes your best examples for stair shaming, gives a call unders go to Jesse. So I've been involved with some stair shaming there, Jess, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Definitely when customers bring in like fifty dollars worth of coins and you've got to count it out and you hold up the whole line.
Speaker 2: Oh exactly right. I don't want to.
Speaker 1: I don't really go hard on any particular groups. But is it the elderly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, mainly mainly, or.
Speaker 7: The ones that have been saving up there five cent pieces for their smokes for next week?
Speaker 3: Right? Where do you work, Jess, umm drake, Ah, right, okay, so people are coming in for their cigarettes with fifty one dollar coins. Oh my god, oh you poor me.
Speaker 1: You must, Jess, you must have the most outrageous frowning lines.
Speaker 7: I don't age up for right, Oh.
Speaker 3: Jess, thank you for your call.
Speaker 4: This morning, let's go to our Cursey morning, Cursey, good in morning.
Speaker 7: Guys. Now, I don't need a stare because I've got an eight year old daughter who she basically just puts it out there, so if anyone crosses us at all, she just basically says, you're right, yeah, you know, and you're right exactly. And I don't know where she gets the English accent from, but still and everyone sort of just looks around and stairs at us, and she just keeps on going and I'm like, yeah, thanks, I feel like I just want to disappear.
Speaker 8: So she's doing it.
Speaker 3: She's dishing it out. If she's cursey, she's dishing it out.
Speaker 7: And I'm not confrontational, so I'm sort of like just hiding my mate year old, So throwing her in that's good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as long as they get the message. If it is an eight year old, then message received, it's all good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, all right, thank you so much, Kirsty, A great day, got.
Speaker 1: A little price, Yeah, I reckon Jess from Kapunda. Yeah, she's got to be going on. She's stress going on it.
Speaker 3: World is dealing with people who want their Winny blues and the way they want to pay for them is with fifty one dollar coins.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jess, got a school holiday pack for you as well, cash Transformers Indiana, Jame's Mission Impossible, Barbie more at Reading Cinemas and Westlakes. Congratulations and thanks for jump on board.
Speaker 2: Jess.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much, very good Enjoy Jesse.
Speaker 1: Both care as well and Jerdy and Hay's Winter weekend escapes. We announce our first prize pack tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, very nice.
Speaker 2: Everyone who gets on air gets in the drawer.
Speaker 3: Sometimes I think you're mad at me when you look at me like a when you look at your confused face.
Speaker 1: Looks it's angry, isn't it. Yeah, I'm always confused. You should see what my angry face actually looks like.
Speaker 3: Well really, what about when your angry face like blend in with your confused face?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh god? Were talking about my face?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 2: Cross?
Speaker 3: What if dot com helps OSSI's make the most out of every.
Speaker 1: Trip book a hotel, fight, late check out and spa all before you can say breaking my face.
Speaker 3: Jump on the waterfap and get started.
Speaker 2: What if it's Ossie for travel.
Speaker 3: A little?
Speaker 8: You tell me you've got the time machine.
Speaker 1: That's on this daisy Thursday Time for some knowledge.
Speaker 2: Welcome aboard this beautiful little train. It's the twentieth of July.
Speaker 1: Let's go back to nineteen sixty nine Neil Armstrong became the first man to walk on the moon.
Speaker 2: Or Diddy.
Speaker 4: Little Spirits and mirrors, spurious he theorists.
Speaker 2: I think he did when I don't know him.
Speaker 1: It's very believable what I saw, And a lot of people were like, we've hardly got TV yet you can.
Speaker 2: Like get vision live vision of a bloke on a moon.
Speaker 3: I know. And also like green screens are very effective. You can set anything up these days. Although it was the fifties, it.
Speaker 2: Was War sixty nine was okay, yeah, no sticky for you for listening.
Speaker 1: Nineteen eighty six, Pichi Igarashi, age ninety nine years and three hundred and two days, became the oldest man to climb Mount.
Speaker 3: Fuji at what age? So again listening is ninety.
Speaker 4: Nine years and three hundred and two days, wonder mountain?
Speaker 2: Yeah, climbed Mount Fuji.
Speaker 3: That's outrageous.
Speaker 1: Up the top six hundred mill bottle of Fuji water is not I don't know, but good ever by him on your Tiachi. Ninety seven kind of nosey single Locomotion was released That did pretty well, didn't.
Speaker 3: It, I mean? How good?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 3: And the film clip too iconic that curly hair. Thank god that girl eventually discovered hair straights.
Speaker 4: What a beautiful piece of Australia armor as well.
Speaker 1: Two thousand nine to seven PM Project now and as the project began on Network ten.
Speaker 3: It sure did been around for a long time, had a good.
Speaker 2: Run, said several hosts. Your favorite off the top.
Speaker 3: I mean I've always mete a Carry fan, like Carry, I like Lisa also, yeah, I like all of them. They're all my favorites. So they employ me. Yeah, that's very very and the new ones are great also.
Speaker 2: Okay, whoever Georgie Tourney.
Speaker 3: Georgie is actually Georgie Tunney. Absolutely, yes, Georgie.
Speaker 4: Yeah, excuse me.
Speaker 1: Willie Ali's well, it just seems like one of those folks's. I definitely know he's smarter than me, but he might be smarter than most people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I also think it's will ead Arlie.
Speaker 2: Goodness.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm going to tune into the project tonight in what would seem the first time.
Speaker 4: Yes, ever, No One Stung.
Speaker 1: On July twenty, nineteen ninety seven was Return of the Mac by Mac Morrison.
Speaker 2: What else certified Banger?
Speaker 3: What else did Mack Morrison go on to do?
Speaker 1: He went on to sing thrift Shop on our way, that is Mac lemore different, Mac enjoy.
Speaker 2: Battle the ban so it's back. That's all love the Bangers. How comrades going at it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, so we both choose a song, we bring it to the table, we announce it today, and then you've got pretty much twenty four hours to vote for who you want on the Jodi and Hazy page on Instagram. The good guy normally wins. So I'm a head six four.
Speaker 1: The good Guy's about to say, what is the square? I don't even know what the score is? Do you know the score?
Speaker 2: Better believe it, you know the score.
Speaker 3: I do have a small bone to pick with you. And yesterday when I was just flicking through Instagram in between breaking stories at.
Speaker 4: Channel ten, okay, you tell me the story that you broke yesterday?
Speaker 3: Did you?
Speaker 4: Let's not get side, but you got sent to the Griffin's Head best Burger.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it's breaking ish. I mean you judged it the night before. That's again, you could have interviewed me, are you not? On Channel ten? I couldn't. But anyway, something through my instant and then I see a video of you standing in this very studio appealing to people saying what would you like me? Ina tunes? The Battle of the main is. Do you know what that's like? That's like a politician going out into the electorate before an election, going hey, guys, like, what sort of tax cuts would you like? What sort of policies would you like me to make in order to get elected?
Speaker 1: It's not like that at all. And can I just say it just sort of feels like each and every person that listens to No. Nine on nine, and in particular this show, they kind of feel like a family member. So that's who I was healing too, your family, basically my family. That's what it felt like, a genuine sort of brother slash sister relationship with all the listeners out there.
Speaker 3: And what did you manage to come up with? Well, I just in collaboration with the good people of Adelaide, who your electorate.
Speaker 1: Yes, look, there were a lot of good suggestions. But can I say I actually went back to the drawing board.
Speaker 2: And I just let the heart speak. Okay, I said, what should I get? What's a tactic?
Speaker 8: Here?
Speaker 2: Said?
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm just gonna let my heart do the talking. Is your heart going back to the roots. I'm going back to a bit of Lenny Kravitz.
Speaker 4: What a cracking song.
Speaker 2: No more tactics.
Speaker 4: Oh, let's play Taylor Swift and see if we can just.
Speaker 2: Buy some boats. Effectively. I love this song. I always love the song. It's done beautifully.
Speaker 4: Acoustically as well.
Speaker 1: You can't lose sure Lenny Kravit stinks because he quite notably doesn't need to go to it.
Speaker 2: But that's neither all there. This is a ripping song.
Speaker 3: It's a good song, and I'm glad you finally followed that little heart of yours. Okay, well, I've just gone an out and out banger. There's no other way to explain my song.
Speaker 2: You can, you know? Qua it's a good song.
Speaker 3: Fat Man scope, Yeah, and you know why I didn't introduce it because I completely forgot the name.
Speaker 9: But what's it actually called.
Speaker 1: It's called be Faithful by fat Man's scirp good as a particular part of this song, which is really really aggressive in terms of asking people what they're doing for their purposes in the club that night, and you're like, whoa fat Man take me home first, big fellow.
Speaker 3: Well, also, I read this song past the boss and he goes, yes, let's find the radio edit version.
Speaker 2: The non radio edit version is very very explicit.
Speaker 3: Please get involved. I want your feedback. Go for double O nine nine one nine more importantly jump on Instagram the Jodie and Hazy plays page and cast your vote.
Speaker 1: Please a couple of good songs. So you've got Fatman Scooped, be Faithful or Lenny Kravitz Fly Away. So I just want to leave this in your ear for a second, of course she did, Yeah, well you.
Speaker 3: Just reading still this?
Speaker 2: How has seen?
Speaker 8: This is huge?
Speaker 3: Celie Murphy has taken an extreme approach to dieting in order to transform into scientists Jay Robert Oppenheimer for the Christan Nolan directed Oppenheimer film He had a monumental undertaking. I was listening to Emily Blunt in an interview and she was saying his diet was so ridiculously extreme he could literally just have one armand a day one armand well, no, I think she was exaggerating.
Speaker 2: Arment, do you have to divvy it up into three separate meals?
Speaker 3: Have a lift?
Speaker 1: Are we saying there's a chance that when we pushed that bug in we destroy the world?
Speaker 2: Chances are near zero, year zero. What are you want for theory of long zero? It would be nice. It's have to get through your day on one arm.
Speaker 3: I know police have issued a massive warning over Splendor in the Grass and of course Lizzo is performing there. Weirl, I'm about to have a panic attack.
Speaker 1: She would have had a panic attack. Last year it was an absolute mudfest.
Speaker 3: Oh was that last year? The mudfest?
Speaker 2: Was it disgusting?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Right? Okay, So there saying there's going to be an absolute massive RBT blitz and also drug testing as well. So if you're heading to Byron Bay for Splendor, just beyond your best behavior is what we've always said when you're going to a festival, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Am I getting this right? Have people previously done and listed drugs at Splendor?
Speaker 3: I mean there's a thing, there's some sort of suggestion or rumors that might be a thing.
Speaker 2: Have you heard of that main thing before? Abby?
Speaker 8: Never?
Speaker 3: Why are you giggling? Abby? I'm not giggling. Have you ever been to Splendor? Abby?
Speaker 5: I haven't been to Splendor, but I'm pretty sure Hazy being friends with people that I know, we probably cross paths at like Stereo Sonics back in the day or something where we may have both been a little under the weather.
Speaker 3: Yeah right.
Speaker 2: That was me at the front cut and chafed.
Speaker 3: As well, and then ending up at the line hotel afterwards. Oh yeah, you would have been a big day out, boy, I reckon you would have been a big day out through and through.
Speaker 2: Oh where's my shirt gone?
Speaker 3: Oh my gods. Stereos though, stereos How would I know? I never went to stereosotic. I'm certainly not that cool.
Speaker 9: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of aqua colors getting around as.
Speaker 3: Well colors and one point one. Goggle Box is back on the Telly for another season. It's been renewed, which is good news. That is a good show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're big fan.
Speaker 3: I love goggle Box.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's big, solid turnover and staff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there has been there's actually been a few people that have died.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's why keep getting in place, because they keep on dying.
Speaker 3: No, one of the ladies, the grandmother died.
Speaker 2: And the old blow. The guys would sit there and drink like cocktails and stuff.
Speaker 4: Yes, those two that could pass away.
Speaker 3: Yes, the wife passed away.
Speaker 4: She seemed to complain about a lot of things though.
Speaker 3: She'd be one of those grandmas where you go around for dinner and she'd be asking you when are you getting married? When are you having another baby?
Speaker 1: Always very disapproving, or when they've got the toddlers and they're like, oh, say things like I tell you what, he just needs a good smack on the bump, like mama doesn't work.
Speaker 3: Like that, It doesn't. And also just a shout out to mine man who since passed that wooden spoon hurt. She didn't use her hand, she used the wood the wooden.
Speaker 1: Spoon at school, a primary school. What imagine that happening these days? Back in public school? Sixteen kids there. I was the only one of my year, very much a country public school. He got smacked by a belt too. I reckon at one stage. God yeah, oh anyway, Oh my god, it's all flooding back into my brain right now.
Speaker 3: Childhood trauma for your juice this morning, this is this.
Speaker 2: Is an over.
Speaker 1: Razio fantasiz fanta.
Speaker 8: Please welcome to Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 2: Oh there is in studio. Good morning to you or morning.
Speaker 3: Oh good morning. We haven't seen you for a bit. Yeah, we miss you more.
Speaker 4: What do you mean up to much? Not as much as you But looks at those hands.
Speaker 2: You've You've just tuned in for the first time. Jody's got what is it? What's on your hands? Example?
Speaker 3: Okay, it's all faked han on my hands and it's wedged between my fingers. In way of explanation, my ten year old daughter is in a dance comp this week and she wanted a full spray tond and I compromised and said, you can have some tinted moisturizer. That's the pure stuff. That's okay.
Speaker 1: I'm just skim Rumors about awful and all sorts of things sort of started circulating and we're like.
Speaker 2: Wow, we just need to clear this up.
Speaker 3: Did I just jump on board?
Speaker 2: It was the first thing you seventy walking? He was like, whoa woo?
Speaker 4: Anyway, has body good?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Really good.
Speaker 10: I'm building some some nice form, I think, and building some minutes. I played seventy percent games time on the weekend and hopefully build that up to about eighty five this weekend and be.
Speaker 4: Ready to go.
Speaker 3: Realistically, how much longer do you want to be in the sandfill?
Speaker 2: No more time?
Speaker 3: Old you respect to the sandfill?
Speaker 10: Hopefully one more? Okay, Yeah, that's the that's the plan in my mind. Get through this one and really just show Kenny that I've got my speedback and I trust my body. And that's the conversations that we've both had. Yep, and hope then back in for the Showdown.
Speaker 3: Big Test on Saturday night against Collingwood the Red Hot Pies. How are we going to go?
Speaker 4: I think it's going to be a great game. Hopefully a bit of rain.
Speaker 10: Actually, I think we'll work in our favor and we can just be a bit more contested because they really love that free flowing sort of style and run and gun, so hopefully we can just put him in a contest for a little bit longer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a few reinforcements back. Well, we're waiting to see what happens tonight, but from last night, Ali Dixon, Jason Francis and maybe Trent McKenzie could be stacked.
Speaker 10: Yeah, with these Jesus tramp McKenzie, that's what we were rolling and just resurrecting from the ankle in one week.
Speaker 1: The front of his foot touched the back of his calf. Oh that's what it looked like. He rolled it so badly in his back.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he's back, so it wasn't too much structural damage or anything like that. So yeah, he's he's resurrected and hopefully he'll be.
Speaker 2: Good to go.
Speaker 1: Does Trae McKenzie have no ligaments or anything like that, because it was last year or the year before where he hyper extended his knee maybe up at.
Speaker 4: Brisbane, yep, and got and then came back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ridiculous, Zach Butters apparently we'll play hazy was outside of sports meant for about eight and a half days wait for Zach.
Speaker 10: How did they go for it?
Speaker 2: Strange?
Speaker 1: Isn't it like we were there waiting before it even happened. I'm joking yesterday. As soon as you hit the bench against the Blues, we're right, get this sports mess Septsman, we.
Speaker 3: Won't see daddy for a little while.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and we finally got like, how you guys know before we get there, you're already there?
Speaker 3: Oh you want to feel that one?
Speaker 1: Do you want a little just to appeal the curtains back. We put someone in every single spot, and not just that.
Speaker 3: Not just that. We joined forces with every other station. So seven and ten will gang up nine, we'll get there. The ABC, the SPS, We're like, get outside.
Speaker 2: Is both there because we got some I wasn't there, but you got hit up one time. I reckon it's sportsman. You came out the opening doors and everyone was waiting there for you. What was injury?
Speaker 4: I had sportsmen, I had surgery there.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 10: That was in the by and not long ago. I was just doing some strength testing in at Wakefield. No one was there and I was like, what are you doing here? Look you're getting a scan?
Speaker 8: Like no.
Speaker 4: I felt really bad. I felt rude. I was like, no, I'm just doing some strength testing that I do before I could play.
Speaker 1: They go, yep, okay, cool, this just in a ratio, is just down a cla.
Speaker 3: All the fun games we play.
Speaker 1: All to get a grab of one of you guys saying yeah, no, it feels okay, that's all good.
Speaker 4: I'll probably play it.
Speaker 3: And then we're like no, no, no, you know I've been here for ten hours freezing something more. Do well, all the best this weekend, Oh, Battle of the Bangers? Would you like to choose a song for this week?
Speaker 1: I got two options here. He's the first one. Good song, a little bit inappropriate if you ask, man, oh, what's it is.
Speaker 8: You?
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness, that's an official, an official vote. Please can we write that down? Thank you very much.
Speaker 1: I tried to push that through a couple of weeks ago with Tom do Day and he said, no, it doesn't count for two official votes, but two boats doesn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely it does. It's a razzio.
Speaker 1: And what we did notice as well, at right as soon as you walked in the studio, you compared yourself to the handball blitching trophy.
Speaker 2: Which servants.
Speaker 4: And I want to play. How do I get involved?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean what would you would you? I'd like to see you two hand blitz it off.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, yeah, very fun. Are you up for that?
Speaker 4: I'm definitely for that.
Speaker 1: That's in the grand final, will of course be me and you. So I'm looking forward to going a nice little warm up game against Ratio.
Speaker 2: Probably beat me, but then I get the big dog.
Speaker 3: Well, I've been ruled out actually for two weeks with spray tank hands. I can't play at the minute.
Speaker 2: Get too much spin of it, too much spin.
Speaker 1: Right, So thanks for jumping in the studio with us, and we can say as well, thirteen twenty fourteen, if you want to headlong to the footy Saturday night, I bought me the pies. Give it's a call right now. It's going sold out, sold It's been sold out for a long time too. Is your inbox lighting up for tickets.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a few family members.
Speaker 3: Can I come to the game, and you'd have a few family members.
Speaker 4: I reckon a lot of decent suburb battalion people want to come to the game.
Speaker 3: Ratio, thank you so much for coming in.
Speaker 4: Thanks guys thirty and twenty fourteen for some tickets.
Speaker 3: Andrew Hayes. Many different types of parents, aren't there. Yeah, you've got your tiger parent, you got your helicopter parents.
Speaker 2: What's a tiger parent.
Speaker 3: Tiger parent are those mums who ride their kids real hard to be successful. Oh goodness, So like, oh, Johnny, you really good at piano. You will practice every night for three and a half hours.
Speaker 2: Us and then you won't love it. You'll hate it.
Speaker 3: You hate the piano. Yeah, there's the helicopter parent. That's the hovra, the one that just chases the kids around and watches everything they do.
Speaker 2: That might be me.
Speaker 3: Actually, oh no, got, you're the no idea parent. There's a category for you. There's my husband, Gregory. He's the permissive parent. So everything that kids want they get, so no wonder Dad's the favorite and that leaves me, you know where that leaves me the authoritative parent, the one that has to discipline and say no, you can't have that.
Speaker 2: Well, it sounds like Greg is just a fun dad, is he? I like the way he goes about things.
Speaker 3: Oh oh, that's a Disneyland parent. That's the Disneyland dad. He lets the kids do all the cool stuff.
Speaker 2: Hey, can I have some mascreen for breakfast? It's Thursday? Why not?
Speaker 3: I've discovered a parent on Instagram and I absolutely adore this woman. You can follow her. Her handle is not so smug now and you'll see some videos like where she displays her approach to being a mum, and that is to be absolutely sarcastic and I love it. This is when you discover something stuff down the counch av listen, thank you so much for this.
Speaker 8: So nice of you to leave me some apple, just stuff down the sofa where you knew i'd find it.
Speaker 3: And it gets better. It's every parent's favorite when your kid can't be bothered to go to the kitchen and get their own drink.
Speaker 11: There's water sure now listen. I don't know if you know, but if you just look down, just down. Yeah, you see those two things that are growing out of your body. They're called legs and they are amazing. Basically, they're invented so that you can take yourself from one place to another.
Speaker 8: You just literally have to get up and put one.
Speaker 11: Of them in front of the other until you get to the cupboard with the glasses, and then to the tap and pour your own.
Speaker 4: Water, swearing. The just really and lifts the lead at the frustration. Yeah, that was the.
Speaker 3: Oddy household a couple of weeks ago. And it's like, Darling, thank you so much for telling us that you're captain at ten to eight on a Saturday morning, which means that little window of sleeping that I had, I now have to race to the supermarket to the fruit and bedge and ask them to cut up a million orange and then go on by thirty dollars worth of lollies, which you will then proceed to leave in the opposition's kit bag. Thank you so much, Darling. I really appreciate you.
Speaker 1: I just don't feel like your girls are particularly going to take to sarcasm too well.
Speaker 3: Oh no, they dish it back. Don't worry about that, exactly.
Speaker 2: Right, full of our attitude. And wonder where they got the front. I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's no Disneyland, dad, That's what.
Speaker 1: I think sometimes when people use the terms double threat, they use it just a little bit loosely. Yeah, how about we talk about Ricky Lee and we talk about someone who's one of the most prominent radio broadcasters in this country, but also, I mean the original roots, one of, if not the best singer songwriter in the country.
Speaker 2: Take your pick.
Speaker 3: This is insulting because you've stopped short of calling her a triple threat. Are you saying regularly you can't dance? Is that what you're saying that you're saying, Ricky? The new single drops today. Congratulations Are you pumped?
Speaker 8: Thank you so much?
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm so excited. It's like when I release music, it's like my version of having a baby.
Speaker 8: It's like way less painful. You get all of the joy and the love and oh my gosh, it's so great. It's kind of like that.
Speaker 9: I feel like, it's just I don't have to go through all the pain. Unless you think about the actual making of the song being a pain. It's nowhere near, I'm sure, of course, nowhere near as bad as labor.
Speaker 8: But it's annoying, but it's quite fun.
Speaker 9: I'm very I'm very excited. I love putting music out it's always that like nervous adrenaline and that you know that the doubt and worry and.
Speaker 8: Fear and all of that creeps into your head, like what if people don't like it?
Speaker 9: But it's it's been amazing the response already, and I'm just so excited to the point of no return to be part of you know, people's.
Speaker 8: Bang up playlist.
Speaker 2: Yeah nice, we're about to hear it very very soon.
Speaker 1: But take us through it because from what we're hearing, this is not what we would usually expect from me in terms of sound.
Speaker 9: Yeah, no, this is I would say, a whole new sound for me. It's very different on my own. It was a conscious choice. I wanted to do something that was the opposite of on my own. I like keeping people guessing. I like keeping people on their toes and surprising people too.
Speaker 8: And it's also really.
Speaker 9: Fun as a songwriter and as an artist, twenty years into my career to be able to create something that isn't like anything else I've done before, because you would think, oh, there's only so much you can do, and it can get a little bit monotonous and a bit boring. But we've kind of with this song point of no Return, lent into the kind of early two thousands nostalgia and that sound of like Jamiroquai and daft punk and Mojo sounded like and fat Boy Slim where there was like samples and it was like dance and it was electronic, but it was pop and it was just cool and it was edgy, and it was all of these things, and.
Speaker 8: I feel like it was just a really nice, a nice world to go into.
Speaker 9: And my friend who I wrote Rating Diamonds with, actually one day out of nowhere.
Speaker 8: We haven't been writing together.
Speaker 9: I've been doing all of this music in Australia and he's from the US, and he sent me this track one day. He actually sent it to my husband, Rich who's also my manager, sent it to him and it was just the idea of the start of the song, which sounds like a sample, and.
Speaker 8: Then just this beat just absolutely punches you in the face.
Speaker 9: And Rith played it to me in the car and I swear to god, I almost drove the car off the road. I was so excited when the beat drop and I was like oh, and immediately went to the studio and wrote the song and wrote the rest of the song and finished it and knew straight away that it was going to be a single.
Speaker 1: Punched in the facelot with this song, I'm scaredy of getting a few little concussions there, Ricky.
Speaker 3: Obviously we hear you every afternoon on your beautiful show. Tell us something about Joel, tell us something about Tim that we wouldn't know at home.
Speaker 9: Oh gosh, I feel like you guys know everything about us because we're really an open book. Tim and I are very similar, like the boys that go out to the pub and have beer, might watch the UFC. And Joel is just this fabulous friend that we have that just like elevates us because we're.
Speaker 8: Kind of like boy bogans.
Speaker 9: Yeah, and Joel is just fabulous and wonderful and like thoughtful and caring and like you know, he does really nice things for people.
Speaker 8: And Tim and I are just like sitting in the corner like, oh cool. They're the brothers that I never had and always wanted and we just have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's lovely.
Speaker 2: It is really nice.
Speaker 3: I wish I had a brother. I still don't.
Speaker 1: Just looking forward to Ricky, Lee, Tim and Joel Corsa returning for Nova at this afternoon.
Speaker 4: Ricky, this has been an absolute pleasure. We get to hear the song right now.
Speaker 2: This is exciting.
Speaker 8: Do it.
Speaker 1: Point of No Return, second single from the forthcoming studio album Ricky Lee, Thank you so much for the h your.
Speaker 3: Headgear on everyone, because you're about to get punched in the face by Ricky Lee.
Speaker 1: Get Ready, Battle of the Bang is. We're going to reveal our winning songs tomorrow. You've got two options with Lenny Kravitz or a bit of fat man scoop jump on social media at Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 2: Get voting.
Speaker 3: Please depends if you want to fill up and about that's the question.
Speaker 2: Like Lenny Kravitz is going to make you feel down?
Speaker 3: Oh no, it's just a bit mellow. That's the way Lenny rolls this.
Speaker 1: Excuse me very much. Fay is one of the great hits. Fitzy joins us tomorrow love that.
Speaker 3: We're going to announce our winter weekend escapes. Did you just say that because a lot not listening. Okay, cool, We're going to draw that tomorrow. YEA happy Sorry, I was just in my head reaming produces Zoe over that, and then I realized it's your fault. Sorry.
Speaker 1: In advance produces Zoe, sorry, but Jody's after you. Even that was my fault and Joey Thursday will catch you bright and early tomorrow. I have a fantastic day. Please go on then, Jody and Hazy