Speaker 1: Hey guys, So I am officially Missus Staples. I am married and we are currently on our way back to Australia. So before you get the wedding full recap of the welcome dinner, the wedding, the recovery and the honeymoon, I thought we could take it back to our very special engagement episode. Where's Your Head Out is a podcast that talks all things relationships, breakups, reality TV, trending shows, and everything in between.
Speaker 2: This is your new go to destination for laughs, gossip, intimate details, advice and much more. Congratulations Anna again, I'm so happy for.
Speaker 3: You, guys.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, can you believe I'm e gays?
Speaker 3: I can't.
Speaker 2: Like when we started this podcast, like we were just too single.
Speaker 5: Out on the town, single, ready to mingle.
Speaker 2: Now you have a ring on your finger, weighing that hand down, don't it's blinding me?
Speaker 3: The light shine of it in the light is blinding me. Wow, Like, can you believe it?
Speaker 5: I actually can't.
Speaker 4: Like I was actually genuinely shocked, and I didn't think that I would be able to be shocked.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought I would always know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you didn't have any inkling nothing.
Speaker 1: I think in the final hour just before the proposal. I mean, there's a lot that happened, which I'm going to go into all of the details for everyone, but yeah, there was a few things that happened where I was like, hmm, maybe, and then I was like, no way, Like Michael's not going to fly to Bali. That's way over the top, Like it's a bit far fetched. Calm down, Anna.
Speaker 3: I think it was a.
Speaker 2: Bit of a bit of an alarm bells when he'd gone excommunicator what is it? Ex communicado for nine hours he couldn't get a hold of him. Did you think that was a little bit suspicious?
Speaker 5: He was, He was Mia.
Speaker 4: Here and there, but he had at which was semi believable.
Speaker 2: I'll be the charge of that. We'll wait to hear. But let's set the scene. So you're in Bali with your girls.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, as I mentioned on earlier podcasts, I was having a girl's trip. All of my friends this year turned thirty, so we were like fuck it, we're going away, and it was really hard to get everyone together. So we were kind of like, this is probably going to be like maybe our final girls trip, like maybe the next one we'll have our boyfriends or fiance's there whatever. So yeah, we were like really making the most of it. We were super excited. We even on the day that I actually got proposed to, which was the day before we were due to leave, we actually had a big event that day, so we all decided to get tattoos.
Speaker 3: Yes, so what tattoos did you get?
Speaker 2: So initially speaking about this though for a while or so, how did you come to the conclusion though?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was really hard for us to pick a tattoo that we all wanted, but we ended up going with her. So we've been friends for like since school so forever. It's been a really tight knit friendship group with such like a hype group, like we hype each other up.
Speaker 5: We love each other.
Speaker 1: We've been friends for so long, and we were like, fuck it, we want to get a tattoo to commemorate like not only our friendship, but this trip where it was the first trip we're thirty now where we've been able to make it happen altogether.
Speaker 5: So we decided to get.
Speaker 1: Her h e R just as like a you know, girls empowerment. We kind of got it for her kind of vibe, strong women like we just you know, it's there's lots of different meetings behind it, but we were like we all agreed on that one. That was one of the only ones we agreed on, so we were like, fuck it, let's just do it. So we locked it in and it was funny because we obviously knew from day one of the.
Speaker 5: Trip that we were going to all get tattoos.
Speaker 1: And on day one I was like, I kind of want to get an m from Michael on that day, and they were like, yeah, fuck it, just do it. And then I was like, throughout the week because I'd had too long to think about it, I was like, maybe I'll get a heart for him, like.
Speaker 5: It, you just have to do it.
Speaker 4: I was like, I was kind of like thinking about it, and then I had too long to think about it, and then I was like, oh, it's a bit needy of me to just get a tattoo, like I.
Speaker 5: Want him to get a tattoo of me too.
Speaker 1: And then on that day, which is the day that Michael actually proposed, after I'd got my hurt tattoo on my ribs, I was like, fuck it, Like I love Michael, like I feel like.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna say him forever with him.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna get a little heart on my wrist so wildly on the day that Michael proposed, I got a heart tattoo for him that same day.
Speaker 3: Trip do you reckon that was fatal or that.
Speaker 1: Was just that's just like the universe like colliding together to be like this is the correct like thing, this is a right moment, Like I don't know, that's crazy to me to.
Speaker 2: Think about it. His commitment was pretty big as well to you on that day. It was even bigger than a chatter who a you reckon?
Speaker 3: Was more I mean they're both very up there.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so like that was my day.
Speaker 1: And Michael, so his story or his alleged story, was basically that he was doing this charity walk from Men's Mental Health and he was turning his phone off and he was going up to the Dandenong Rangers, which is about an hour and a half outside of Melbourne I think, and he was going.
Speaker 5: To walk from there to.
Speaker 1: The city, which I was like, that's a bit of a random story.
Speaker 5: But I was also like, you know what, so I've.
Speaker 3: Got the plot holes here. Why would you turn your photo off?
Speaker 1: Because it's about well, this is what he said, because it's about men's mental health, so they all want to talk about their feelings.
Speaker 5: That's what I said. And then he came back with.
Speaker 2: That, and I was like, okay, okay, he's covered. Check he's walking to the city house. He getting back to his car.
Speaker 5: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: I didn't even be so many flat holes in this.
Speaker 5: That's so smart.
Speaker 4: I didn't even think about that. Ask I didn't think about it too much. I could have really quizzed him about that.
Speaker 3: I had. His face is covered. He sounds like he did okay.
Speaker 4: But funny thing was, so he's doing this walk and meanwhile I'm getting tattoos with the girl.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, massive life event for me. He's flying to Bali to propose to be massive life event for him. So after I showed him her tattoo, I messaged him and I was like, babe, I just got a tattoo for you, and he did a reply and I was like, the audacity this guy.
Speaker 3: He was on the flight, so he wouldn't have seen it.
Speaker 1: He was on the flight, but then he obviously landed in Bali. He had a really early morning flight. But he kept just saying, oh, I just got to like a toilet. I just quickly turned my phone onto message you, but then it's it said that it had delivered the message of like, babe, I just.
Speaker 4: Got a tattoo for you. No response. I was like, was this a really bad idea?
Speaker 5: Like fuck?
Speaker 1: And he didn't respond to it the whole day, to the point where I was getting like a mile annoyed. I was like, was this a mistake?
Speaker 2: So did you like have when that was having did you have any inkling, like any suspicion that he would have been there coming.
Speaker 5: Like obviously I'm the FBI.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So the answer is no, I didn't have any inkling, but me being the FBI, I was kind of like, could he be? And then I was like, two, it's a stretch, like no way, And I was like plus ione a girl's trip, Like I doubt he's gonna come over. But it ended up being the best surprise proposal ever. Like I was shocked. I was blown away. It was incredible.
Speaker 3: Did any of the other girls know?
Speaker 1: One other girl knew so, Amber, our producer of this podcast, actually knew so. Michael had messaged her and she's known for six weeks really, and I was.
Speaker 5: Like, as if I had like I she she is like she has a.
Speaker 1: Poker face, like how do you keep a secret? For she is very good at keeping a secret, which I'm mildly concerned, but like she was amazing, Like she gave no clues away.
Speaker 5: So her and Michael were in cohoots the whole time.
Speaker 3: Did you bring anything up with her then, like, hey, Michael was gone, m I.
Speaker 4: A yeah, and she was just kind of like blowing it off like it's all good, da da da whatever she is.
Speaker 2: That's like, I don't know if I could take keep a secret like he didn't tell me, I probably would have opened my mouth and said something.
Speaker 4: I'm sure he knew not to tell you at all.
Speaker 2: So did the timing of this obviously thirteen months into a relationship, do you reckon this was the perfect timing? What made it the perfect timing?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like we're more in love than ever, and I do feel like it was the right time.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I just feel like when you know, you know, and I feel like we both knew that we knew, if that makes sense. So it kind of just felt like, you know, yeah, fuck it, Like let's like, what are we waiting for if we know, like, let's let's be engaged, let's get married.
Speaker 3: The ring is obviously amazing and beautiful.
Speaker 5: It is amazing.
Speaker 3: Weighing your hand down. Did he get the right one? Had he dropped any hints to him or like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how did he get the right one?
Speaker 1: I had actually sent him a classic photo that's extremely similar to this, so he and like this ring that I now have on my finger forever, which is wild in itself, is even better. Like he exceeded all of my expectations and some with the ring. It's absolutely gorgeous. I feel so lucky that I get to wear it. It's so sparkly, like look at that, it just sparkles and glistens in the light. But honestly, when he proposed, like the ring was like the last thing I thought of, Like I thought, like in my head, I was like, okay, when he finally proposes to me, like it's like it's a strong yes from me, I already know it. I'm going to be focused on the ring. But in the moment, I was so overwhelmed.
Speaker 4: With like love and shock and just like some like a little bit of disbelief, being like, oh my god, this is the moment this is happening, Like I've waited so like if what feels like for so long for this moment.
Speaker 5: To happen in my life? Thirty youth and yeah.
Speaker 1: I just like I didn't really like look at the ring until like I don't know, I was hugging him and I kind of like looked over his shoulder just to double check, and I was like, oh my god, it's massive.
Speaker 2: I just watched the video before you sat me down and you showed me the video of the engagement, and that was literally the one thing I said. I was like, you haven't even put the ring on for like your yeah, baking out and you didn't even bother with the ring.
Speaker 5: And I forgot to say, yes, did you really?
Speaker 1: I just like hugged him and just like we had a bit of like a makeout because I was just like so overwhelmed, but like I don't know, like I wasn't expecting to get proposed to, so it was just like the last thing that I thought of. I was just like, I just like I knew that he knew it was a yes, so just didn't even cross my mind. And then halfway through He's like, so was that a yes, and I was like, oh, yeah, yeah, did you did.
Speaker 2: You have hot mats sex to consummate the relationship after this?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: How many times?
Speaker 5: And then we went and met like the girls out after.
Speaker 3: I can see Michael over there nodding and smiling at me, me.
Speaker 2: The thumbs up. So how did you tell your parents then? Obviously this massive news? Did you tell them straight away? Who'd you tell first?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So basically Michael proposed and then we called my parents his parents.
Speaker 2: Did he ask your dad for permission? I'm going to ask him when he comes on?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so cute, Okay, cool.
Speaker 3: We'll get him to explain that. So they already knew it was going to happen.
Speaker 1: They knew. Yeah, Like I think it was like the day before our live show, Michael called my dad and was like, Hey, I'm looking at getting a ring, but I'll let him explain that when he comes on.
Speaker 3: I thought he was going to do it at the live show. Did you feeling that? I thought? For some reason? I was like, yeah, what made you think that?
Speaker 2: I don't know, just something made me think that just a big grand gesture. Well he just he outdid that, But yeah, I thought for some reason he'd do it there.
Speaker 3: I had my suspicions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it really was like my dream proposal. Like everything was just like a number one.
Speaker 1: I was surprised, which is just like wild that I was even surprised.
Speaker 5: It was just amazing.
Speaker 1: The fact that like after like we had a moment that my friends were like there and I was to like share the moment with us was so like precious and beautiful to me. It was also like cool because like we'd all just got her tattoo. I got a tattoo from Michael, and then it kind of like all came together.
Speaker 5: It was just beautiful.
Speaker 2: The timing was fucking perfect, and like I said, it got you surprised. I was literally fucking gobsmacked. I had no idea when I'll set the scene. So if anyone doesn't realize, behind the scenes of this podcast, there's a lot of admin that goes in and at times Adda and myself very what's the word bickering with each Yeah, heated with each other.
Speaker 5: So don't like each other.
Speaker 3: I don't like each other. So we were on a non chatting terms for little we.
Speaker 1: Go through these we go through like I reckon, like every six months.
Speaker 5: We don't talk for about a week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so not everything was lined up before Anna went to Balley, so there was a bit of words exchanged. So I hadn't spoken to it for a bit, just maybe a little bit of business chat.
Speaker 5: I hadn't spoken to you for a bit. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of massages of me trying to try and get the thing, the business going. So then we dropped the episode that morning. So we dropped last week's episode. It was my job to go over it. We all know that I'm not the most fine tooth combit going over it. So I listened to it. I was cooking dinner, I was doing what I was doing while it was on the shower while it was playing. I approved it. I said drop it. But then I got a message from Anna saying I'm facetiming you in five minutes. Be ready exclamation mark exclamation mark. And I was like, oh, fuck me, what did I leave in that episode?
Speaker 3: I was like, this is not good.
Speaker 2: So I was in the car driving and I was like, I went past the Macas and I was like, you know what, I'm going to go through the I'm going to go through the Macas drive through.
Speaker 3: So I have a buffer. So if this goes to.
Speaker 5: Like sneaking fus, so this goes to like.
Speaker 3: You know, like heated, I've got a buffer.
Speaker 2: So I'm driving in and she and I starts facetiming me, and I answer it and like, yeah, well we had the.
Speaker 1: Ring held up and your face was the most shocks face. We're going to put it on our Facebook page for everyone, so make sure you follow and join that. Matt's reaction was just like fuck off.
Speaker 2: And I was like, I'm getting out the drive through literally slapped it in reverse reversed.
Speaker 3: And I was, yeah, I was. I was actually speechless.
Speaker 2: I didn't even I didn't even think I digested what had happened in that face time. Like I remember, I was driving a little bit later and I messaged you and I actually was like wow, like it actually sunk him when it happened. Yeah, I thought it was just like, you know, it's one of those things where you don't really believe it, do Yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's just like disbelief. I think I'm still in disbelief. Look at my hands and I'm like, holy shit.
Speaker 3: What is that you just have you taken it off yet? No? Yeah, I didn't even't think so.
Speaker 5: Well, the girls tried it on. But other than that, I mean, you capsulate your friends.
Speaker 3: Try sleeping in it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not going to take it off never, never, never, ever, never ever ever.
Speaker 3: I love that.
Speaker 2: Well, should we get Michael on to ask him his version of the story and see what he says, because I want to grill him about this sixty kilometer walk how he managed.
Speaker 3: To pull that off.
Speaker 5: I'd love that. Let's do it. Hello, Fium say welcome.
Speaker 2: It still sounds a bit weird, Matt, Welcome back to our podcast.
Speaker 3: Third time, third time on the podcast.
Speaker 5: You know you've been on our podcast more than anyone.
Speaker 2: Well, let's start from the start. So when did you want to propose? Anna, Like, when did you make that decision?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 6: So I think there's like stages of wanting to propose. I think there's like a moment in time when you start like fantasizing about like what.
Speaker 3: A propose would be, Like was at the moment you laid eyes on it?
Speaker 6: And that's a beautiful cliche and I like that, and we'll go with that. But I think I think there was a pinnacle moment I can think of when I was like, Wow, this would be like the perfect moment to propose, and it was we've just done two weeks of quarantine when Anna got COVID in Thailand, the COVID Holiday from Hell. So we've done two weeks in quarantine and it was the first night of freedom, and we'll stay at this beautiful hotel that had a beautiful private beach and we're walking on the beach to dinner as the sun was setting and she was like listening and she looked like she looked back at me, and in that moment, I was like, I would love to fucking propose to this girl right now. So that was like the beginning. That was the beginnings of the journey. But then, of course, like then the actual like planning and putting things.
Speaker 3: Into process hadn't started at that point.
Speaker 2: Did you think about doing it in Greece because obviously Anna was a bit frustrating, a bit annoyed that you didn't do it.
Speaker 3: I'm going to call myself out.
Speaker 6: I think when I've had when I've had a couple of drinks and I'm feeling a bit loved up and like we're having a bit of a moment, I've definitely said things. I've definitely said things I haven't said, Like, you know, I've probably at times said all the things that would make a girl think that a proposal could become.
Speaker 5: Maybe like I want to marry you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to propose, you know. I'm like, I'm there. I'm like, I'm like loved up, toxic. That's a thing.
Speaker 6: I'm like. I'm I'm like a fuck boy in a loving relationship where I've like had I'll come home from like drinks.
Speaker 3: With the boys, and I love you.
Speaker 6: I want to spend the rest of my life with you. You're amazing.
Speaker 3: I want to call you wifey, all that stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I definitely gave Anna ask that it was coming sooner than she had.
Speaker 6: Every reason I believe that I was going to propose in Greece because I thought I was going to propose in Greece.
Speaker 1: So see what I mean, I'm like, I'm very good at picking up signals.
Speaker 5: I was like, must be so off right now.
Speaker 3: Ring.
Speaker 6: That was the thing that I didn't have to propose in Greece. If I had a ring, I would have proposed in Greece. So I kind of started thinking about three months before.
Speaker 3: The Greece trip.
Speaker 6: We were on a Ballei trip about three months before, and I was thinking at that point, I'm like, when we get home, i'm gonna stuck get I'm going to get a ring, I'm going to propose in Greece. We're gonna have this amazing wedding in Greece. And then near the end of the trip, I'm going to propose. But then I got back the idea of like getting the ring and planning things was all a bit overwhelming, and we were super busy with a whole bunch of things and it just never quite happened. And then it got too close.
Speaker 2: To the to the day and it just didn't happen. So then when you got back from Greece, is that when you started planning. As soon as I got back from Greece, I was like, okay, okay, I fucked up with that.
Speaker 4: The podcast episode came out, I thought I was getting proposed.
Speaker 6: Sitting there like outside of that obviously a story that goes when she thought I was I was never going to propose in Santorini though, like just because I thought it was too obvious. So that wasn't like what she had in her head wasn't going to be it. But it was probably gonna be after. It wasn't more the fact that she was the story that we've heard, but it was for me. I was like, I was so ready and I wish I could have in Greece and I'm like, I don't want to be ready again. I'm like, I'm ready for this to happen. I'm going to start putting the wheels in motion.
Speaker 2: So you obviously wanted it to be somewhere overseas, not just somewhere in my head.
Speaker 3: It was like it was somewhere like on a holiday, somewhere special. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, having that moment. Yeah, So how much planning goes into a ring like that? Like, I mean, I haven't even thought about it.
Speaker 5: It's like asking for a friend.
Speaker 3: I'm never even like. I was pretty lucky. I was pretty lucky because literally, like.
Speaker 6: Almost the start of our relationship was like by the way my ring says, is.
Speaker 1: K because I tried on my friend Serrah's and she was like she's a case.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh cool, at least I know I'm okay.
Speaker 1: And then I was like I can remember, you know, because this is how I remembered kay. Because I was like, if someone proposes to me, I'll be like, okay, like okay, so that's how I remember it.
Speaker 5: Okay, get it.
Speaker 3: You see why I write it in your notes.
Speaker 2: So since the moment you guys have been together, she'd just been sending your rings.
Speaker 3: No, not not all the time.
Speaker 6: I think there was a few moments she like sent me a ring or like she'd have it like a Pinterest board, and like her Pinterest was just like rings and wedding dresses.
Speaker 3: I saw it.
Speaker 1: There's more this tattoos, there's nails, and I was okay, cool, I get an idea.
Speaker 2: I saw Gen's Explore the other day and it was just rings and wedding dresses, and I was.
Speaker 6: Like, it's like jeez.
Speaker 2: But then Jens also, did she ever do this gender this to me? Where they go? Here's four options? Which one would I want?
Speaker 5: I love that? I love doing that? What is it?
Speaker 3: The ring quiz? Qu I got it right? Actually funny. I was pretty good at the ring.
Speaker 5: Quiz as well, but I forgot the ring quiz. I'd be like, Okay, out of these six, which how would you pick? Can you always picked them?
Speaker 4: One?
Speaker 3: Close? Friday night? What should we do tonight?
Speaker 6: I'm just going to settle in and like watch this game of basketball and then all of a sudden, quiz the ring quiz.
Speaker 3: I reckon a lot of having one of those. Yeah, a lot of better going through the ring quiz. Okay, so the rings planned, Like how'd you go through that? Obviously? How did you get to that ring?
Speaker 6: Well, the shortened version of the story was I had a general inspo pick. I went in with the inspo pick and then kind of built it out from there, got a bit of help from.
Speaker 3: The who I went to the ring for any friends? And then that is when.
Speaker 6: Amber came into the process as well. So I asked Amber about like, here's the design that I've got at.
Speaker 5: The moment, Producer Amber.
Speaker 6: This is producer Amber. Here's the design that I've got at the moment.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 6: And I was like this one or this one. And it was mainly around the thickness of the band. So I was trying to get an idea of the thickness of the band and what looked better that sort of stuff, just the final details.
Speaker 2: Okay, So then when did you decide BALI, I'm crashing and as Girl's trip, I'm taking the Girl's Trip and I'm hijacking in it, and it's engaged.
Speaker 6: So at this point, I'm like, Okay, I had a rough idea of when I was going to have the ring, and I was like, Okay, now, how.
Speaker 3: Am I going to do this?
Speaker 6: Because in my head, I'm like I want it to be a surprise. And I knew that, Like if I was just like, oh, honey, like I've planned like a holiday, we're going to here for the weekends, or we're going back to Thailand for four days, I would be that's that exact same hotel. Like we had that beautiful moment, like she was going to be suspicious, and I was like, I want this to be a surprise. So as soon as they she said I'm doing a girl's trip and I was.
Speaker 5: Like all right, He's like, I'm fucking coming.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna I'm gonna fly to Bali. This is going to be the ultimate surprise. It's going to be the last day of the girl's trip and I'm going to swoop in undetected and surprise.
Speaker 2: Where do you start? Yeah, that's I can't wrap my head around, like where do you start? Like how do you get this going?
Speaker 6: So then what it came down to, while I was like, Okay, religious, I don't know if I'm going to have the ring in time.
Speaker 3: So I was like, I'm not.
Speaker 6: Going to plan this amazing proposal and then potentially not have the ring to fly over there with.
Speaker 3: So I had the.
Speaker 6: Idea in my head that I'm like, I think I'm going to do this, But then, like just like I did, like with every single assignment I ever had at school, I procrastinated.
Speaker 3: It's a bitter end.
Speaker 6: And my excuse for the procrastination was I don't know if I'm gonna have the ring yet. And I didn't know that I was going to have the ring until literally six days before the year.
Speaker 3: I say, they didn't give you any sort of timeline.
Speaker 6: No, they said, we're pretty sure you'll have it. You're going to have it. I think you'll have it, Like they were pretty confident, but I was like, I want to know. I want to know the day I'm going to have it. And then on the Wednesday before the proposal, so six days before, they were like, you'll have the ring on Friday. So then at that point that's when I started planning it.
Speaker 2: Okay, so is this the perfect time to get Amber our producer involved let's bring it.
Speaker 5: She's in the room, Let's bring it.
Speaker 2: Orchestrated this with you, Let's do it.
Speaker 5: Hello Amber, Hello, Hello, Welcome to the podcast.
Speaker 3: Amber from out of the Shadows. You come to the stream.
Speaker 2: She is, So you played a valuable instrumental part to this plan. Do you want to share us to us how you went?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: So Michael reached out to me to show me pictures of this ring, and from there I was like, it's an absolute yes for me. We talked clarity, we talked cut, We discussed at lengths of like what looked like.
Speaker 5: If you're looking for a ring, go to air.
Speaker 4: She's done well, Michael. Michael and I toyed with the idea of Bali, but it didn't really come to truition because we just didn't have, as Michael said, an end date of when that ring.
Speaker 5: Would be ready.
Speaker 4: However, I was always knowing that was going to happen. I had this good feeling it was going to come point and I had to go into Balley, had to turn my notifications off my phone. You didn't notice that, but I had not notifications the whole trip because I was scared that his name was going to pop up and you thought we were having an affair.
Speaker 6: So I would just I would just send the wave emoji and then that would be like cue for like when Amber saw that, I'm ready to chat, let's talk about what's gonna happen.
Speaker 4: I just have something back in the room. I need to go get my son's screen.
Speaker 3: Fully had like a code.
Speaker 1: Emma had an inside man in my friendship group because obviously he needed to like collaborate.
Speaker 3: Someone in the crown.
Speaker 4: He needed someone as well that would probably not give up the secret, like I'm very good, didn ask anything, or every day something got brought up about Michael and proposals and rings very pushy.
Speaker 3: All right, so you've got the ring, It's Wednesday.
Speaker 2: What what happens here? You book your flight or do you book the villa? Do you organize the amazing petal display?
Speaker 3: The videographer? What happened?
Speaker 6: So the first thing I was like, I need to do. The first thing like I definitely need to do is get to Barli. So the first thing I did was book the fly. I was like, if I'm there, there'll be a proposal. I don't know how it's going to happen, but at least I'm there. So The first thing I did was book the flight for the last day of the girls strip. Yeah, so that was that was the Tuesday. Then from there I was like, I looked at it because I needed it to be close enough to where the girls were staying, because I was like, I don't know how we're going to get Anna to this villa, but it needs to at least be close at a minimum. So I looked at pretty much every single villa that was like within a kilometer radius of where they were staying. And then eventually I just made the decision and booked it and said, Okay, it's going.
Speaker 3: To happen here.
Speaker 2: And then what you call them and say hey can you put the.
Speaker 3: Then organize the flower.
Speaker 6: That was like probably a few days before I was like doing the fine tuning of things. Yeah.
Speaker 3: That was beautiful.
Speaker 1: That was a really nice It was so beautiful and like my favorite as well, and just like the big love heart in the middle.
Speaker 5: I had just got a love heart tattoo for Michael. It was just so cute.
Speaker 3: How did you know the favorite colors? Just knew and I think I just got lucky.
Speaker 6: I don't admit that I'm not going to sit here and as well, they were nice colors.
Speaker 2: They did well, they did okay, So how did you sucker Anna into going to that villa?
Speaker 3: How was that orchestrated? Yeah? So do you want to want to talk through the ultimate?
Speaker 4: Prior to leaving Melbourne, I had messaged our group chat saying, everyone, bring the most amazing dress you have, bring a pair of heels. We're going to dress up for the most Amazing girls dinner on the last night to celebrate thirty years and celebrate our friendship for over eighteen years. And I did that because I needed Anna to have an outfit for the proposal. It was I didn't really care about the dinner, to be honest, but I was like, I need this out to be immaculate. So I showed the girls what I was bringing. I was trying to encourage them or to bring heels, and they were all like, why would we bring heels to Bali? And I was like, bring heels? Why not have fun dress up? And so that was kind of how I had phrased the last night, so I knew I could get a dressed up and for everyone to save their best outfits. I even got them to try them on for me so I could kind of get everyone to look similar enough that Anna would get really dressed up. And then I was on the On the day before Michael arrived, I looked up his flight planned to see what time he would be landing in Bali, just so I could have a rough idea of when we would have communication again, because I was going to lose him as well to his elaborate sixty kilometer walk.
Speaker 3: Talk about that as well.
Speaker 4: Actually, why don't we skip to that now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So, firstly, I did not say it was a walk from the Dandy Engs to the city.
Speaker 3: No, So I just said I just said it was.
Speaker 5: I'm sure you said that.
Speaker 3: I didn't say it was.
Speaker 6: I didn't say it was a walk from the Dannings the city because I was just it was just a walk in the Danning Ongus.
Speaker 3: So I don't know why walk First.
Speaker 6: And foremost, I do feel truly bad that I've lied about charity walk, and perhaps I'll try to organize the charity walk because I think.
Speaker 5: He's actually really sad about it.
Speaker 6: I generally feel bad about that. I'm like, it's a pretty it's a it's a brutal life. So I will do a charity walk, Okay, I will do a charity.
Speaker 3: Work at some point. I'll hold you to that.
Speaker 6: But I knew without it because I had to be offline. I wanted to be offline all day because I knew that after work should be wanting to facetimeing or call me, and I wasn't taking a call from like some random toilet at the airport or something, or like in the two hour taxi ra.
Speaker 3: Like traffic.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, I need to find a way to be offline all day. So for me, it was a sixty k walk.
Speaker 3: Did you turn your phone on off or on aeroplane mode while.
Speaker 6: You So the whole thing was that it was going to be was like it was switch off in nature and talk. So my phone was meant to be off the whole time. But then after the six hour flight, I'm like, what I'm going to do is I'm going to turn my phone back on.
Speaker 3: I'm going to say I'm breaking the rules.
Speaker 6: Here, but I'm sneaking a few text messages to Earth yeah day, but I'm not meant to be messaging. So my phone's like hidden or I'm doing it while I'm like in the toilet or hidden away from other people that are doing the walk okay, yeah, going to say, because what are you going to do when you're in Bali?
Speaker 3: You need to get hoop, isn't that?
Speaker 4: So then Michael lands in Bali, but he's running late, so that our schedules a little bit out of whack.
Speaker 5: I would say, you were.
Speaker 4: Stressed out, and so I started to panic.
Speaker 5: I hadn't slept the night before.
Speaker 1: I got up at three in the morning and I paced the entire villa thinking is this going to go to plan?
Speaker 4: Like have I forgotten anything? And then we went and got our tattoo. So it was a big distraction for the whole day. I said to the girls, I was anxious about the tattoo.
Speaker 6: I was.
Speaker 5: I was like, slap it on.
Speaker 4: I don't actually, I was actually freaking.
Speaker 1: Out the whole day. So everyone was like I'm so stressed out. I'm so stressed out. And then I was like about, what are you okay?
Speaker 5: She was like, it's just a tattoo. It's a tattoo.
Speaker 1: She was like totally fine about the tattoo, and I was like, oh, I thought she was going to like take a bit more like convincing the nurse, which is cool.
Speaker 2: So many red flats straight over.
Speaker 4: And then so then when we finished our tattoos, like the universe was perfect, and I was like, I'm want to go get a massage with Laura and I was like, that's sounds amazing. And then the other two girls came with me back to the villa because we wanted some just like downtime after the tattoos. And at that point in the uber back, I messaged Michael and I was like, I need to tell them because I need I need actually help on the inside as well, because at this point it's getting late in the.
Speaker 5: Day, you're a bit stressed.
Speaker 4: You're telling me things I'm going to plan to grow, to grow the crew.
Speaker 6: At this point, I'm in the taxi from the airport, which took two hours because the traffic was that bad.
Speaker 5: When it normally takes like thirty to forty five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thereabout I think, yeah, it took twice as long as it would have been sweating well, I wanted to get to the villa.
Speaker 6: I didn't even know what it was going to be like when I arrived, Like I needed to suss out like what it was, what it was going to be like when I got there, how far away.
Speaker 3: It was all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 4: So so then I got about two thirty and then michaels like, you have permission to tell the girls, but they have to remain calm. So then I summoned the two girls and like I was like, right, you two need to come into this villa right now. And then I shut the door and I sat them on the bed and I was like, Okay, just remain calm. I about to tell you it's very serious, but I just need you to remain calm.
Speaker 3: And I thought, she's so seth.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: They thought that I was dying the way I said. I was like, I've been anxious all day and it's not because of the tattoo, but it's because Michael is going to be arriving in Bali in twenty five minutes at a villa and he's going to propose to anatime.
Speaker 5: She said it like that. Like they just started screaming.
Speaker 4: And I was like this, that's not what I wanted to happen. Day after we all just cried and screamed for like five minutes. I was like, okay, so now need game plan. I was like, I need to go see this villa because I don't even know what I'm walking into, and I have responsibility to film some of this proposal, so I actually need to go and see it. And so I was like, I need when the girls get back from their massage that you get them ready straight away.
Speaker 5: And I had already.
Speaker 4: Preface the morning. I will start getting ready at three thirty. That gives them an hour and a half for plenty of time, you'd say some long night hold on this one. And so I was like, oh, we'll see it start getting ready at three thirty. I remember Anna scoffed at me in the morning and I was like, you're going to need it, hunt trust me.
Speaker 5: Like I was like, I was like, that's a bit far fetched.
Speaker 4: Thirty and then I said, I'm going to run to the villa now see Michael prep with him, and then I'm going to run back and then hopefully the girls of self started getting ready. So I quickly washed my hair and then I literally started walking out onto the street because I didn't want to get an uber or anything. I was like, I was just quickly walked there. Michael's like, it's only five hundred meters down the road, but it actually wasn't. It was a fifteen minute run. So I ran with my fresh tattoo, running in Bali heats find this villa, and then I finally found it. Michael was in the reception, and that was the problem was you told me there was a reception, which was both not in our vision, so.
Speaker 6: I didn't know there was going to be a reception. I thought it was. I could tell that it was like a group of villas, but I thought they were all going to be accessible from the street, not going through a reception.
Speaker 3: Which is which is a part of the issues.
Speaker 2: So you have to call an audible here and change the plan of how to get Anna into that villa because.
Speaker 5: A brainstorm on the spot.
Speaker 3: So how are you suckering Anna into this random and it just said she's going to push past reception with it.
Speaker 4: I said to the lady who's at reception. I was like, I'm going to be in a blue dress. This girl can be in a black dress. Just let us walk through, don't stop us, just let us go.
Speaker 3: And she was cool with that.
Speaker 4: Well, we had something completely different when we got there all the time, but I still played it.
Speaker 5: So I was like, I'm just going through.
Speaker 3: So how did you get Anna to come to that villa.
Speaker 4: So while I came down to see like how the villa was like separate from like the reception and how I'd have to go down there, Michael and me were like, we have to come up with an elaborate line now, like another lie on all the I has already told this whole trip. So I was like, and then as I'm running back in this heat for another fifteen minutes, I'm texting Anna and the group saying, oh my god, A lady just messaged me on Facebook saying that I left my ID at the barb we were at last night. I'm the counter and she just is down the villa down the street, so we'll pick it up on the way to dinner at five o'clock. And I was like, I can't believe this. I never lose anything, which is true, Which is true. I was like, I don't lose stuff. And then phone was on, like I remember my phone. This is what was stressing me out. I had to film the proposal and my phone is currently on two percent because I've been on it the whole day stressing. And when I got back to the villa, I plugged it straight in and I was hoping that Anna was going to ask to see this messae because it didn't exist. I hadn't even got to that far head to fabricate or get one of my work friends to send me message or anything.
Speaker 5: I just left her.
Speaker 4: I was like, hopefully she wasn't asked to see the phone. And as I got back into the villa, I see Anna sitting on the bed, absolutely not ready at all. Her hair was wet, she had no makeup on.
Speaker 5: She's still gorgeous.
Speaker 4: But I was like, this is not the proposal.
Speaker 5: Anna, I was our vision.
Speaker 1: I was yeah, I was literally I was literally lying on the bed nay here, with wet hairs. I'd just like gotten out of the shower and I was like making a reel for all of us getting a tattooed.
Speaker 5: I was like, it's so cute.
Speaker 4: Look it our real because I come in sweating with wet hair, sweating, and I'm like, this is not She's like.
Speaker 5: What are you doing? Get ready?
Speaker 4: And I was like, oh, oh, yeah, we get we're getting ready for three thirty.
Speaker 3: What time is this now?
Speaker 5: It's for twenty Yeah, of.
Speaker 4: Course, so I've got forty minutes and I'm like, so I then go straight to the bathroom. I am is sucketting myself ready as well, because I'm like a sweaty mess. And as I pull out my my blow wave brush and it starts blow waving hair brush, I'm like, oh, perfect, we can both blow wave our hairs at the same time, and like I'll help he get ready, and then all of a sudden, everything goes out, is completely out.
Speaker 6: So so at this point, I'm like in the villa, it's set up like we've only probably got about like half an hour of daylight left. I'm in the backyard in position.
Speaker 3: Inner shirt. It's like thirty degrees.
Speaker 6: I'm like driven with sweat and I keep like taking my shirt off to like air myself out. I'm like, I'm on standby, I'm waiting, okay, And then I get videographer standing there.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: He's like he's like sweating, like like so he was on the other side of this rice field like at a gym. At this point, he's got a collection of people with him and they're all standing there on stand by like is this going to happen? But they're about one hundred meters away, and then you get stood up. So he goes he messages me and goes Michael like like, I can't stay on standby because I'm running out of film. Like he's like, I've only got so much film. I'm running out of film. And he goes and we're running out of light. And then I get a message from Ambert powers out, the powers out at the villa, and Anna's not ready, and I'm like, all right, we're gonna have to consider a plan bet here at this point, Okay, so how you helen?
Speaker 4: So then, because this is why I was glad that I told two other girls, because at this point I just stood frozen.
Speaker 5: I was like, fuck, what do I do? Like I don't know what to do.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I could hear the girls outside because we were all in different villas. A mean Anna shared a little room and then our friends Maddie was by herself, and then I had Sarah and Laura in the other room, and I could hear out outside all this commotion because everyone's power had gone out, so everyone's hair straighteners and air conditions had gone out.
Speaker 5: All sweating now, and.
Speaker 4: I could hear Maydie be like, let me call my boyfriend. He's an electrician, and I was like, amazing.
Speaker 3: So what is she gonna? What she's gonna start hard wiring because.
Speaker 1: Obviously there's a power box and we have no idea what to do with it. So we thought that we could flick the switch and reboot the power.
Speaker 6: That shocking matter like connecting with a great deal of confidence that we both know how to get the power back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you do that safety switch. So it was just a safety switch.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I had no idea where it was what to do. I was like, had one hundred and one things going through my mind. So the fact that the girls could take care of that. All of a sudden, the power came back on. The air cognitioners came back on. I was like, we're going to still be late, but we're coming. So then I remember we all kind of were ready, and Anna was the last one to be ready. And at this point, I know I'm losing daylight as well as the same as Michael. I was sweating because I was outside at the perfect time of when we were supposed to be there and the lighting was amazing, and I was like, anymore longer we leave it, the less I'm going to have time to film and all that contently wanted to get. So one of the girls was like tanning Anna's back. I was bringing her dress from my villa up to the cooler villa.
Speaker 3: Was everyone getting Anna ready before himself?
Speaker 5: No, we're already read.
Speaker 3: Everyone was fully ready except for Anna.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Everyone was in coool glad. Everyone was in full glad.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, everyone was full glad.
Speaker 1: And I was like, I mean when the power went out. From my perspective, I was kind of like, do we even want to go out? Like we've been out every night, like I could have a night in. Laura, who didn't know, she was like.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's have a night in. I was like, do you guys just want to go out?
Speaker 1: And I was like, no, it's our last night we are going out. And I was like, oh my god, okay, fine, let me get ready.
Speaker 5: But yeah.
Speaker 4: So then at this point I knew because I had to separate the groups, so I had to go with Anna. That was the whole point was that Michael didn't want everyone to be there right at the start because we wanted to get the footage with the intimate reaction, and I wanted the girls to either come later we'd meet them at the restaurant. So then our friends Maddie, Sarah, and Laura all got a taxi to the restaurant first, and I said, if you could just quickly grab the booking because we don't want to lose our booking at this restaurant. So they went under that pretense they were going for that, and I said to Anna, we need to pick up my ID because the lady's left it outside the villain. I want to get it before we go to the restaurant because it was our last night in Bali as well. So that's how we separated the groups. But what was actually happening was that the three girls went and just did a walk down some shady like street in Bali so they could tell Laura what was actually happening. And I was trying to organize a cab for me and Anna to get like literally down the road to see Michael. But the problem was, all of a sudden, couldn't get an uber a cab. No one was on the street, and I'm sweating on this street.
Speaker 1: And was sweating, and I'm like, you know what, this isn't a big deal. So I went into the circle K and I was like, it's just like a seven eleven. Yeah, So I just went into like the local convenience store and I was like, let's get like a couple of like what are they Liken off Ice smirn off ices? So I'm like, we're boiling Hugh's smirnoff ice and was.
Speaker 4: Like, I'll need that drunk it really quick. I was like, oh, she's really stressed out, okay, And then I was able to hail down a cab and I was like amazing. So we got in. It was literally like a two second like ride there. But as we're getting there, like we're just both trying to scale our drinks and I was like, oh, we'll get out together. Can you come in with me? And I was like I'll just say in the cab and hold it while you go in. And I was like, now can you please come with me?
Speaker 1: Like I thought she was scared or something, so I was like, okay, okay, I'll come with you.
Speaker 4: So then we got out and instead of keeping the cab, and I was like, oh can we keep the cab and told them to wait. She got out first and I literally threw the guy money and I was like leave the roots have ever been that?
Speaker 5: I was like go.
Speaker 4: Then we walk into the reception and because it wasn't the same lady i'd seen before. I just got both of our I took the cruisers off or whatever they were, and I just put them on the reception.
Speaker 5: I was like, let's go.
Speaker 4: So we just walked straight through and then all of a sudden, Anna stops and she's like, should we have some mints?
Speaker 1: And I was like, oh, I just like we just we just like had this drink. I had this like tangy taste in my mouth.
Speaker 5: I was like, hey, you're a mint, and like am I was like no, And I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: You're getting suspicious at this point.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know, Like I don't know what was going through my head. I think there was definitely points throughout the day where I was like that's a bit odd, Like, for instance, when I got a tattoo for you and you had there was no response to it.
Speaker 3: I was like that straight I was tired. I was want to walk. He was walking.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that wasn't flying.
Speaker 4: But yeah, there was definitely like moments like I wasn't having a mink because I thought I was about to get a proposal, Like that's probably the laugh thing on your mind.
Speaker 1: Like I genuinely just had like a bad taste in my mouth. I was like, do you want a mint? We get up to the door. I'm going to take away from here.
Speaker 3: I just quickly Michael, what have you been doing in all this time? Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just I could imagine you slicking your hair back from your hands for your yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Like I was in full stress and I was going through like periods of pacing back and forth, then realizing the pacing was making me sweat, and then I'd stop pacing and I'd sort of stand like that and then I take my shirt off air out put my shit back on pace.
Speaker 3: Does the videographer have footage of this? Because that would be very fun.
Speaker 6: I reckon the free footage because I was in that position for about, yeah, for over an hour, and.
Speaker 3: Then I was like messaging.
Speaker 6: I was mentioning the videographer as well, like we're on stand by, we're on stand by, and then like ten minutes later, like we're not on sand and then we're on standby.
Speaker 3: We're not in standby anyway.
Speaker 1: Okay, So from my perspective, I'm going to take over from here. So we rock up at this villa and was like I need to get my ID. I'm like, okay, cool, we'll go get your idea. I thought she was a bit scared to go by herself, like she wants, you know, like confidence and numbers type of things.
Speaker 5: So we went down there.
Speaker 4: I was like, do you want to mean like, I've got a bad tasteo mouth after that drink.
Speaker 5: She's like no. I was like, oh okay.
Speaker 1: So then we like walk down to this villa. It's like this like sandy pathway with like beautiful greenery kind of like both colliding at the top, so it was kind of like this archway.
Speaker 5: It was beautiful. I was like, oh, these people are saying it, I'm pretty nice.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we get to the very end and then the door is actually a little bit open with this stone opening the doorway, and then there's ambers id right on top of it.
Speaker 5: So I was like, saw it and I was like, pick it up here. It is like they've left it out for us.
Speaker 1: And she was like then in that moment, she like ripped my bag off my shoulder. I was like ow, and she just like put she kind of like I don't know how she did.
Speaker 5: It was very swift.
Speaker 1: She like in that moment, she just like opened the door and kind of pushed me in. I saw the rose pedals, and I was like, oh my god, I was right, it's happening. Oh my god, Oh my god. And then I saw Michael standing in the villa. There was like rose pedals kind of like leading the way to him, and then I looked at him and his eyes were like welling up, like he was like so emotional. I was like, oh my god, I am about to get engaged, Like is this really ha opening? I can't believe it. I didn't even like look back at Amber. I just like was I was just like so focused and present in the moment. And then as I walked up to him, I hugged him and I saw them marry me, honey, and I was like, oh my god, like this is crazy. Like Number one couldn't even believe that Michael was in BALI like, you know, I'm on a girl troop. I haven't seen him in a week, Like I really missed him. I was like, oh my god, he's here. Yeah, And then like there was just so many emotions going through my head and my heart and everything, and I was just like so overwhelmed.
Speaker 5: And then Michael started like talking and.
Speaker 1: Like I mean, I can't even remember what he said in the moment because it was just so like overwhelming. It's like everything stood still and it was just like me and Michael in that moment.
Speaker 3: So I've watched the video. Yeah, what songs emotional now?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so firstly I got an emotional I feel like the lead up to the story so far it has been quite like pragmatic. Now like this moment, like looking back on the moment, it was, it was crazy the song was. I feel like there's like those like there's so many like beautiful like love songs, but for us, it's probably a song that a lot of people might not know. And I just remember like when we first like heard that song together, I can't like we just both were like I love this song, and it was just a song that from that point whenever whenever I'd hear it, I'd play it in the car like I'd be I'd be thinking about her.
Speaker 2: Just don't want to cute Maron, How did you get that song to play exactly?
Speaker 3: Or was it on repeat? Yeah?
Speaker 6: So it was. I put it on repeat for like an hour and a half. So I'm not sure if I still like that literally, like because it's like probably the most anxious I felt in my life. It's just that song on repeats, like now I wake up in the middle of the night.
Speaker 2: And just like from a man to another man, how nervous are you in that moment? Because I could imagine that would really be this is the most fucking daunting moments, nerve racking.
Speaker 3: At the same time, I'm like exciting before.
Speaker 6: I say this, I'm going to like preface it as like I know how cliche this sounds, so I'm aware of how cliche.
Speaker 3: This is going to come out.
Speaker 6: But the whole day I was just that nervous and anxious about wanting things to go to plan. But then as soon as Anna walked through that door, despite feeling like I was having like an out of body experience and I was like visibly shaking, It's like I suddenly was just I felt calm, like it just felt it just felt right, It felt right, and it felt perfect, and I felt calm and all that worry washed away and I was just like, this is amazing. And when she was like walking closer to me, I was just like the happiest man in the world.
Speaker 2: On the video I watched before of it happening, and I'm sure everyone else will be able to see that video on your socials.
Speaker 3: You spoke for a lot. What were you saying? Do you want to share any of it?
Speaker 6: Yeah, So I'm fully aware that like when I get into speech mode that like it might get like a little bit over the top. So I decided that I wasn't going to prepare anything. Like I was just like, I'm not going to think about what I'm going to say. I had a final line that I wanted to say, like before I got down on one knee, but I'm like, I'm just gonna have a chat. I'm just going to tell her how I'm feeling, like in that moment. So what exactly I think, I'll keep that to myself. Exactly what I said, I spoke to some key points, and I think the main part of what I said was the fact that I think the reason that I feel so lucky to be with Anna is that despite all the love and the romance and the passion that we have, like underneath all that, we just have the most incredible friendship. And like I just from literally and I reflected on this last night with her. I said, after our first day, I was just like wow, like I've just never had that much fun with the person, and that's despite the fact that I also think she's like exceptionally hot and there's all that passion and romance there. I was just like, I've just never had that much fun, So I think it was around I'm just like fun and friendship and then just the love that we shared as well, that's really.
Speaker 3: It's really touching.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was like it was actually like the it's crazy because like obviously, like as I don't know, I personally have always like dreamed of the moment that I would.
Speaker 5: Get proposed to, but it really was like the best.
Speaker 1: Moment of my life, like being in that moment and just like it's just such an overwhelming feeling of just like love and happiness. And when Michael dropped to me and I, yeah, I have always thought this, like I wonder if they'll be like a part of me that's like is this the right decision? But when Michael dropped to me, I was like, I am one thousand, million, trillion percent on board with this, Like there wasn't one percent of me that was like is this Yeah, there was no doubts, Like it was a strong one hundred percent all the way. Yes, like one hundred percent and like that just felt so good to feel that, because you know, I don't know like how other people feel when they get engaged, but yeah, that was always a concern of mine, like am I going to feel one hundred percent?
Speaker 5: I guess like yeah, So after you propose.
Speaker 1: Then we kind of like the girls ended up joining us, and then they were all super excited, which was really cool, like we're so glad that happened.
Speaker 3: A couple of minutes here, we just need to get it done. We got we got to.
Speaker 4: Have minutes like yeah, and then they were like, okay, we're going to give you like an hour, like if you want to join us after at the restaurant, you're welcome to If not, all good, So they kind of went and then we called our parents and then we had a bit of alone time you know what I mean, you're sex.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So after that, the girls were at this like beautiful rooftop restaurant in Changu, and we were like should we go meet them there?
Speaker 5: And then Michael was like, yeah, let's do it. It'll be really fun.
Speaker 1: So we like walked into the restaurant and the whole restaurant started like clapping for us, and all of my like friends were like they just got engaged.
Speaker 5: And everyone was like cheering.
Speaker 1: It was like, actually, such an overwhelming moment, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: I was already like I think I was so overwhelmed as it was. I was like I almost got a bit blank with emotion, but like, yeah, it was overwhelmingly amazing.
Speaker 3: It was such a such an.
Speaker 1: Exciting moment for they had this like leaf and it was like mister and Missus Staples and I was like, oh my god, Like I think that was the first time where I was like ship, like we're actually going to get married and.
Speaker 5: I'm going to be Missus Staples like that.
Speaker 6: I could be Mickey mckavoy, like that's gotta it's got to run into it.
Speaker 3: Name, It's got it? Who taking? I think? I think Anna Staple sounds lovely.
Speaker 5: I think Anna sae all.
Speaker 2: Right, So I want to touch on we didn't touch on it before. We're going to circle right back to the beginning. How did you ask Anna's did you ask both her parents or just so old man?
Speaker 3: How'd you go about it? Yeah, So it was all of a sudden happening really fast.
Speaker 6: And as we've sort of touched on and have you've touched on another episode like nothing gets past Anna so Fi.
Speaker 7: I was trusted, you can't. I can't get stuff past fucking staunch me. I was, I do you need to tell you? This is genuine the FBI, nothing gets past it. And what I was worrying about was I was like, Okay, I want to catch up. I want to do this sit down thing with it ad. But we had so many busy weekends, there was so much going on. I'm like, I'm getting worried now that I'm going to be telling him too late.
Speaker 3: And I didn't want it to be like a.
Speaker 6: Few days before, because you're not really asking for a blessing and then like, well it's in two days. So I called him up and I said. We had a bit of a chat and he could tell something was up by the way I was speaking, and yeah, I said, I'm in the process of getting a ring. How do you feel about that, to which he said, that's amazing. Yeah, he said that that was amazing. This is so exciting, like he was genuinely like really over the moon. And then I said, I'm so, I'm so glad that you're happy about this, and then he made it jack and said, I said you could get a ring. I didn't say if you proposed, And then I said, sorry, Brian, would it be okay if I proposed to the old order? And then he said the same things. He said, this is amazing, and yeah he was. He was really excited. And I said, but look, I want to do the official sit down and have a drink together. So that's going to happen before we propose. I'll make sure that we sit down together, face to face and do this conversation again. So then the weekend before I flew over, we caught up and we sat down. Yeah, we sat down and just pretty much spoke about how amazing it was for about three hours over a couple of beers, and I mean, it was nice, and then we like sort of we sort of hugged it out at the end and he sent me on my way and he said good luck, and it was really it was a really nice moment.
Speaker 5: That's so cute.
Speaker 3: That's really cute.
Speaker 5: And he both emotional.
Speaker 6: We did get a bit emotional. You know, we've got a bit emotional hearing like dad stuff. Yeah, we both cried into a pint of beer.
Speaker 3: And al right, guys, one last time, congratulation. Thank you. This podcast is always adapting you now we have to adapt.
Speaker 5: Just hold on engage.
Speaker 3: You guys actually thought you were.
Speaker 6: Starting like a dating podcast about being single, and here we are.
Speaker 3: I'm so fucking sorry.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is why you should take Anna's advice on this podcast.
Speaker 3: Look at the results. You might be having your hand wake down, not wake down, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Look, thank you so much for listening to our proposal. Sorry, it's been really fun sharing it and kind of like recapping everything. Make sure that you guys stay all over our Facebook page, are going to be posted content in there.
Speaker 5: Make sure you.
Speaker 1: Follow the Where's your Head app pod, Instagram, Matt and I on socials.
Speaker 2: We would also like to thank Michael for coming in and our producer and Buff were telling their side of the story.
Speaker 3: Thanks guys, Thanks Matt, Thanks fiance due next time. Shoo bye