Speaker 1: Jason Lawren on No.
Speaker 2: One hundred guys. We love seeing Victorians, especially doing great things on the world stage. Oh yeah, all right. Now there is a bloke from Bendigo, Central Victoria up the call to Highway who is doing huge things in the NBA. I'm speaking of Dyson Daniels from the Atlanta Hawks. Dyson, good morning, welcome to morning.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hello, yes, thanks for having me started to be on the show this morning, my afternoon this morning.
Speaker 1: Well that's right right side of the world.
Speaker 4: Right behind the snop block from the local bakery there in Bendigo. You are right up there. It goes vanilla slide and then Dyson is our second export.
Speaker 3: It can't go wrong with the vanilla.
Speaker 1: Are you pinching yourself? Dyson?
Speaker 5: You're a kid from Bendigo, You're twenty one years old, good and you are living out your dreams and doing it very well.
Speaker 1: Mind you in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, I'm definitely put myself, you know, enjoying being here in Atlanta, you know, my first season at Atlanta, third season NBA and mist to be out here, you know, having an opportunity I have to go out and do what I love every day is that's a blessing. And you know we had a good game last night. I oh, you can keep you know, building underseaers.
Speaker 2: Well, Jase watches a lot of basketball because he's his boys playing the local league here down in Melbourne's Bayside area.
Speaker 4: I retired as a coach in Thestagrand final.
Speaker 2: But you you collected the lazy twenty eight points against a team many think you're going to go all the way. You must be pretty rapped with your form as well.
Speaker 3: Brother, Yeah, no, it was a really good game, probably in my first game of my career so fast. So you know, to go into Boston and you know, get a really big win. You know, we're down a lot of guys right now, so the kind of next man up opportunity and you run in there, get out there and you know, go a big win.
Speaker 5: You're only twenty one, You're still a kid. This is the beginning of your career. Doesn't but there will be so many kids here in Melbourne driving to school, tod driving a basketball practice, driving to play on the weekend. Just how hard did you have to work to get into the NBA, which must have been your dream as a kid, And how did you find yourself in the NBA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean as a kid, you know, I worked super hard and you know I made a lot of sacrifices and I knew that, you know, this is what I wanted to do. And you know, I didn't really have a plan. B it was a basketball or nothing. So for me, you know, I sent my whole basically childhood to it. You know, I was up early, you know, getting the workouts, you know, stawn up late, making sure. You know, I'm focusing on my dad at a young age, and a lot of people you know don't have to do that.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: For me, you know, it's just it was what I wanted to do. I wanted to, you know, be a great player. I wanted to make the NBA. But you know, I think you know, for the young kids you know coming through nowadays and you know, having time with their friends. So it's all important. But if you if you really put sure you know your mind to anything and you have your goals and anything achievable if you do it the right way.
Speaker 4: I wish we had a shit together like this at twenty one.
Speaker 1: Yeah too.
Speaker 2: From the Bendigo Brides now to the NBA. What what perks do you get from being what it'll be basketball in the biggest league anywhere.
Speaker 4: In the world, because do you know what my underrates get Tyson, they get free slurpies if they're going to win. Do you guys get free slurpies?
Speaker 3: You get the Hawks or we used to get We used to get like these little Dominoes vouchers. So you got a free teacher.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 3: Okay, bend a Hawk. Now if you play good enough, you know, maybe you get a little paycheck.
Speaker 4: That's that's a big Domino's voucher.
Speaker 5: Dyson, You're a kid from Bendigo playing in the NBA. Who is the player that you are just pinching yourself that you're playing in the league, either against or alongside? Is there someone that you were just dying to get on the court with.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'd be wrong if I didn't say Lebron. You know who is the good of our generation. You know, he's been playing in the league ever since I was born, so you know, to go up against him, you know, probably paid him probably ten times now. My career is so especially, you know, to play in such a high caliber player like him. But every night is someone different. You know, there's just great players and every team and players you watch growing up, so it's kind of still. So it's real when you're when you're out there on the field with them.
Speaker 1: Amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Those uh yeah, those pinch yourself moments on the court when you're sitting there and you look over and you see, like, you know, all these high profile people on court side seats and you just go like, you know, look at where I am now, bloody hell.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly. It's very cool and uh, you know, growing up, it's like your childhood people used to watch and listen to and Atlanta's not music, so there's a lot of like music a couple of games, but to Change is like a huge name in the in the music industry's being basically all of that game. So that's cool. I mean, it's it's pretty cool, you know, seeing over there and I've seeing him support you and hopefully I'll go over and meet him one day. For sure.
Speaker 2: I'm sure the Melbourne United boys say the same thing when they say you sitting court side normally take pay dice. You've got some pretty cool threads at the moment as well. What the guys might not know is that you're also a bit of a fashionist. You've got your own label, Vissetti. Am I saying that right? Vssetti? Tell us about it?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 1: And are we cool enough to wear it?
Speaker 2: Well? I think so.
Speaker 3: I think so, I think much. I saw you guys that was some it's your box or something. But you know, I'm big into fashion and we lost our USETI like three months ago now, and it's done really well. And you know it's a streetwear brand. You know, it's for everyone unisex. So I'm really happy with how it's going and you know, looking to keep going on.
Speaker 1: It Instagram page right now. It's very cool, guys.
Speaker 4: Do you see me in it? Just said it's for everybody?
Speaker 3: Okay, if you want a nice you want, you want a nice track pants, whatever you want.
Speaker 1: I love it.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 5: When when we can get to America, will be in UBI sitting in the road cheering for you.
Speaker 4: Diyce, we are on the air with Dyson Daniels this morning from Bendy go to playing for the Atlanta Hawks. There'd be a lot of kids. I know my boys would be listening. Is glued to the radio right now, being huge basketball fans. What would you like to say to the kids in Melbourne who will be hitting the courts this weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, like I said, you know, if you dream of anything, you know you put your mind to, you can make it possible. You know, get up early, you know, take care of your body. You know, I'm already finding that out of twenty one. You know, the more the harder you work, the more your body's going to feel it. And you got to take care of it with recovery and stuff. But the most important thing is you know, get your school working on time. And yeah, opportunities will be endless that the famous Clay hard works. It's time with talent for us to work hard. You know, I've always lived by that. A good role county people by there. But if you work harder than them, there's got to be an opportunity for.
Speaker 5: Gosh, Dice in your family must be so proud of you, as is the whole country because we are all Dice and fans.
Speaker 4: Now, you are welcome on this show anytime. We're bloody proud are you here in Melbourne and and good for the rest of the season.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it. Thank you very much for having men.
Speaker 5: Jason Lauren Jason Lauren Wake up feeling good on No.
Speaker 1: One hundred Jason Lauren on socials,