Speaker 1: Lately, well late debate, Well, good evening. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Joe Hildebrand coming up tonight. Fake Picasso's discovered in a Hobart museum. We'll tell you all about that later. Plus when we look at the papers, the depth of Tasmania's drug problem revealed, And why is Chappelle Corby on the front page of Tomorrow's Gold Coast Bulletin. We'll get to all of that a little later, but first, just when you thought it could not possibly get any worse for US President Joe Biden. I mean, he had that terrible debate, then Democratic lawmakers abandoned him, donors abandoned him, the left wing media abandoned him. But it's just got even worse. The entire cast of Ocean's eleven have now abandoned him, or at least George Clooney has. George Clooney wrote a devastating column in The New York Times. The headline read, I love Joe Biden, but we need a new nominee.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: What's amazing about this column is that less than a month ago, go George Clooney and Julia Roberts were fronts and center of a fundraising campaign that raised thirty million dollars to help Biden in his reelection campaign. Well, listen to what George Clooney wrote in The New York Times yesterday. It's devastating to say it, but the Joe Biden I was with three weeks ago at the fundraiser was not the Joe big f and dal Biden of twenty ten. He wasn't even the Joe Biden of twenty twenty. He was the same man we all witnessed at the debate.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I could go on reading what George Clooney said, but why don't I just show you what George Clooney did. Liz. That pretty much sums up.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't put any more stock in celebrity disendorsements, and I do celebrityments. But Clooney's clearly realized, well, let's be gracious and say that he just realized three weeks after raising thirty million dollars for the Dems and watching that disastrous debate, he's clearly realized, I don't want to be seen as backing this kid either, And in doing so, he's joined a very, very long list of people who have actually knowingly lied. I mean, what a fraud We're supposed to believe that all of a sudden, just over the last three weeks, George Clooney's been like, wait a minute, where have you been the last four years? Why this poor old man has slurred and stumbled his way through the most prestigious and important high office in the world. I don't buy for a second. He's just come to his senses and been like, well, actually, three weeks after raising thirty grand for the thirty million dollars for the Dems, I have to disindorse him now. I just can't go through with it. He always knew. They all always knew, the mainstream media, the guy's press secretary, everyone who works for him, his friends and family. They all knew. The president has been struggling for a very long time. So this pretending I'm just just had my come to Jesus moment, great act, George Clooney, that's what you do for a living.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't think he's done that at all. I think the video is actually the most accurate representation. Clooney hasn't just decided to He hasn't just so sat up and I might knock out an op ed for The New York Times. He's clearly doing this at the behest of the Democratic Party. You have clearly asked him to do this because they know that it's going to take a name and as much momentum as they know that will gather.
Speaker 2: Why have they lied for so long? Because if you are, it's.
Speaker 3: Not about not about the lying, it's just about it's about it. It's nothing to do with the lying. It's nothing to do with morality or honesty or this is been a.
Speaker 2: Massive cover up for a very long time. Who cares those holt Stan Who cares.
Speaker 3: They're just trying to win the next election, right, And they thought maybe we can get away with it like we did in twenty twenty, and we keep him in his basement for as long as possible, stage manage his appearances.
Speaker 2: He now reached here.
Speaker 3: They've now realized there's absolutely no way they can do that. Biden's not going because he is deranged and senile, and his handler Jill won't let him, and so they.
Speaker 2: Need to lying about it.
Speaker 3: Well, we all know, we've all seen that, yes, exactly, in the State of the Office. It's like saying the sky is blue.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: This many people who were complicit in propping this poor old man up on the world stage for years and years. I certainly like George Clooney turning around and being like, oh, a sad state of affairs. Actually, I think we might need someone else. Here's one of those Democratic reps, Daniel Goldman, being pressed by a reporter in the hallways of power, being like, oh, what do you make of George Clooney's comment.
Speaker 5: I appreciate hearing mister Flooney's opinion. And you know, we'll continue to deal with this within our democratic family to make sure that we.
Speaker 1: Beat Donald Trump as a protectivemocracy in the future.
Speaker 5: People close to President Biden are being honest about his mental scene.
Speaker 2: Just to beat Donald Trump and protect democracy, because those two terms, according to the Democrats, are synonymous. If Trump is not beaten, that is the end of democracy. As we know what, the world is falling apart. But speaking of lying Democrats, let's go to a woman who does it for a living. In fact, she's paid by the American taxpayer one hundred and eighty thousand US dollars every year to play cover up for the president. Her name is Karine Jean Pierre. She is the Press secretary She's going to be very familiar to you, I'm sure. So she was asked recently. I'm about to play you this clip. She was asked recently about a visit to the White House by a very esteemed neurologist. This visit took place on January seventeenth. Now they knew, through they being the press, knew through the White House visitor logues that this neurologist and Biden's personal doctor had been there at the same time. So the press simply asked Jean Pierre, so were these guys there to inquire after the president's health, maybe run some tests, And in typical Jean Pierre style, she dutifully lied for the president, misleading the American people and the rest of the world still trying to convince us. Oh no, these two rando doctors just happened to be there hanging out. I guess I get a current.
Speaker 5: Vacation on the ladder that was not last night from my doctor O'Connor. And you can correct me if I wrong, But it didn't seem to explicitly describe in the nature of doctor Connor's meeting with doctor O'Connor. So can you say whether that one meeting is related to care for the presidents himself, I can say that.
Speaker 3: It was not.
Speaker 2: It was not very agree So their visit wasn't with regards to Biden's health. They weren't there to check him out or anything. Well, it turns out she lied, and she's had to back paddle big time as it came to light that the two doctors were indeed there to run some tests on Biden and swap notes, she said because the date was not mentioned in the question, I want to be clear that on January seventeen, meeting between doctor O'Connor and doctor Canned was for the president's health. Now, that is the only meeting between the two doctors that the press could have ever been referring to, because that is the only meeting in the White House visitors' logs that they knew had ever happened. Ever, so for Jean pr to now come out and say, oh no, no, I was confused. I thought you meant maybe another meeting between these esteemed medical doctors. Oh, oh no, the January six that's.
Speaker 3: My favorite part. Yes, you meant that meeting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I thought you were talking about all the other days in January where they didn't oh, you mean the meeting in January where they did meet.
Speaker 3: Oh, yes, that did take place.
Speaker 1: To b Joe Biden spokes basing, it's almost a prerequisite for the job that you are perpetually confused.
Speaker 6: One and eighty k K is not actually that much American money.
Speaker 3: No, no, by Australian top Australian spin doctors here would get paid more, and I think I think our PM actually gets paid more than the president.
Speaker 2: It's very lowly more than the average American, that's right.
Speaker 3: Because they don't have unions and minimum wages, which I'm sure you would endorse.
Speaker 1: And it doesn't count to income from Chinese business people Ukrainian business that's right.
Speaker 3: That's why, that's why you've got to get the lobby of stuff on this.
Speaker 1: As the visitologues showed that this doctor, while he only is recorded as meeting with Biden's personal doctor on one occasion, this expert on Parkinson's disease visited the White House eight times in eight months, and so Jean Pierre said, well, he was also promoting research into Parkinson's disease. They were doing the research in the over.
Speaker 3: In the whole life of the White House.
Speaker 1: How can you.
Speaker 3: Research. It is absolutely speaking of the words. Do you remember when we were worried about the age and declining mental health of another scenior Democrat, mainly the former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi. Well, now it seems that Nancy, who is only marginally better at stringing a sentence together than Joe Biden, has has basically she's came out in recent days and said, Joe Biden needs to decide whether he's running for president or not.
Speaker 2: It's up to him.
Speaker 3: And this surprised a lot of people because Joe Biden has said on multiple occasions that he has decided and he is running for president. Maybe Pelosi hasn't, maybe Nancy hasn't renewed her subscription to The New York Times, but very much on the record, and so a lot of people said, well, clearly this is Nancy Pelosi's not quite as articulate as George Clooney, but clearly this is Nancy Pelosi saying that Biden shouldn't run, or at very least perhaps Joe Biden should have run, which indeed is what she seemed to be saying when she was saying what she wasn't saying about him needing to make a decision when he'd already made the opposite decision, but she just pretended that he hadn't made a decision. So, in case this wasn't crystal clear to all and sundry, here's Nancy Pelosi clarifying it for a reporter who's trying to find out just what exactly she is trying to say.
Speaker 4: About, do you want to get you a three election?
Speaker 2: I'm made, I'm.
Speaker 4: About pining a.
Speaker 3: Cap They now in the folly amazing is it? That was Nancy Pelosi's impersonation of an American abroad in any non English speaking con Do you speak English? Do you speak English in your country Australia. It's just un level. But anyway, point being, the Clooney hit job was not just Clooney having a come to Jesus moment. Clearly there is an orchestrated campaign being run by every Democrat under the sun to send out these people, one after the other, after the other after the other, to just drop the bombs. And then of course they have their ass covering sort of catch all, which is that, oh well, no, I didn't say that he should resign. I just said he should consider his future or whatever whatever whatever. Clooney doesn't have to do that, of course, because he's not actually an elected member of Congress or the Senate, so he's got more leeway to be able to say, Joe, just go. But clearly there is a full on someone top absolutely that Joe Biden had all the momentum of Kevin Rudd in twenty ten.
Speaker 1: It's a hit job. I mean, Clooney lives in France for first year and second, you know, he says that it was clear at the fundraiser three weeks ago. Well then why didn't he speak up immediately because we're trying to protect democracy? But he waited until fifty two million people who watched live the debate had all seen the same thing before he bravely spoke up.
Speaker 3: Told her by the DNC.
Speaker 1: That's exactly. That's why for Pelosi, I mean her claim that I don't make comments in the hallway, Well she does if it's to trash Donald Trump all about Joe Biden.
Speaker 2: And then politicians get accosted in the hallway, and always she says to the black reporter, am I not speaking English?
Speaker 1: Could you imagine if Donald Trump said that to an American reporter or a woman? I mean, there would be hell to pay. But my favorite part of that interview is she's saying, you know, I'm sure Biden can win, but her tone of voice and her body language says the exact opposite. She's a woman who knows they're in all sorts.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And this is the closest that Nancy has has come to being like, look, maybe there is a problem. Just so you can watch it yourself. Here she is on the MSNBC saying, oh, Biden has to make up his own mind. As Joe said, long after Biden has just kept on announcing I'm running. I'm staying in the race. There's no getting rid of me. Does he have your support to be the head of the Democratic ticket?
Speaker 7: As long as the president had the president, it's up to the president to sucide if he is going to run. We're all encouraging him to make that decision because time is running short to subside.
Speaker 2: Not if they're not encouraging him to stay, that's board. They're encouraging him to make a decision, a decision that he's already that's right.
Speaker 3: And it is can't stress enough. It's like, even if you have one Democrat saying to a sitting president. Don't. The last time this happened was with Lyndon Johnson in nineteen sixty eight, which turned out very very poorly, by the way, and you know, and he pulled out of the race. He said, right, if a single person is not going to is not going to back me, or the party leadership is not going to back me off, there's going to be a move against me, against me, screw you. I'm out of there. And that is what you do. That's how big a deal it is if a party moves against an incumbent president as the candidate for the next election, you know, four more years. So but again there's a couple so there's absolutely no ambiguity or question that these people are all telling Biden to go and to go. Now. The most amazing thing, though, is can you just imagine when it's Nancy Pelosi telling someone that they are too old and infirm to serve in public. I would listen. I would listen because this is someone knows, because there's someone who knows from deep, deep experience. Now, this is just someone that this is coming from a place of true empathy. And they're also big ice cream lovers as well. I think you'll remember.
Speaker 1: What you said earlier is so true that I mean, I always thought, how can Nancy Pelosi still be front and center? But now compared to Joe Biden, she's practiced good right.
Speaker 3: He has a long and making out in the back of the Cadillac come.
Speaker 1: Longman, promising ahead of her. Well, Joe Biden is not the only man in the world with problems. Plenty of guys in Australia have problems. An article in the press today told how ossie blokes are spending fifteen hundred dollars to go on mail only retreats to tackle their toxic masculinity. Now, at these retreats, these guys get into ice baths, sit around fire circles, discussing all of their vulnerabilities, crying with each other, and apparently this is supposed to help. Now we may talk seriously about some of the issues men are facing in a moment, but this is not simply unique to Australia. That article from the Career Mail, But check out this video of a similar men's retreat where the guys are just helping each other to connect with their real masculinity.
Speaker 8: Clean my soule, Lena cry.
Speaker 2: With the joy and the soul, the fear.
Speaker 8: Let myself cry.
Speaker 1: I got that retreat costs ten thousand dollars to go on that and completely lose all self respect.
Speaker 3: Can I just say if I just paid ten thousand dollars for that experience, I would be crying too.
Speaker 2: I think a lot of guys back up.
Speaker 3: I think they call that bs war.
Speaker 1: I mean, clearly there are issues with guys, right, I mean that the Australian Health Department recently reported one in eight men in this country suffer depression at some point when it comes to education with males, the labor market, addiction rates. There's lots of problems with guys. But I don't think they need to redefine masculinity. It'd be good if they rediscovered them.
Speaker 2: Masculin's here, Oh my goodness. I mean the amount of things that are now told to men. You must be this, you can't be that, and inevitably everything in the can't aisle is everything masculine. It's what women want. We want men to please be. Men don't hang out and cry together and sob and hold each other in some ten.
Speaker 1: Thousand tollar Do you not find that attractive?
Speaker 2: So repulsive and repugnant.
Speaker 1: There there is a little bit of Stanley.
Speaker 2: There is genuinely the testosterone levels of men, look this up. Has been decreasing over decades now because the stuff we have in our water, food, in our environment. This is something that has knowingly, willingly being done. And I genuinely believe it's because what government sphere more than anything is healthy testosterone filled men. Because those guys aren't too busy to take on the establishment. Those guys are keeping a finger on the pulse. No, they are, and they take the fight to injustice.
Speaker 3: And the government is the government is deliberately reducing.
Speaker 2: The levels of Why is it Why is it in our food? Why are men fed things that have been shown through studies to reduce testosterone?
Speaker 3: The goverment, the men are going out and buying this that they're feeding themselves.
Speaker 2: We can still do that, tested the strength of men's hands.
Speaker 3: The government, the government doing that was the last your heads on for the government come out and start feeding your.
Speaker 2: Have things in our water that are affecting testosterone levels. Do you not agree with that?
Speaker 3: I do not know what is in the water affecting testosterone levels. My wife, My wife is the one who does that at my house, but I just love like.
Speaker 1: Here's here's some other things we need to talk about.
Speaker 7: Right.
Speaker 1: Firstly, this is in America, but it would be similar to Australia. Thirty one percent of boys grow up without a biological father. That's certainly contributing to troubles that males are having. And it seems to me these retreats, and I'm not making a direct parallel at all, but you used to go to church for self reflection, for a sense of community, to talk to people about where you're at. These days we don't, and so we've got people doing no.
Speaker 3: People talk about that really seriously. They talk about what's called the third place, and this is something that they actually is coming too. This review of schools where where you've got home, you've got schools slash work when an adult, and then you used to have the third place, where it be church or it might be you know, boy scouts or community organization, sporting a sporting team that you would do and that would give you other sense of community. So you know, the family didn't have to do everything, the school didn't have to do everything, and the church or whatever other organization didn't have to do everything. But between those things, You've got what you needed. And as we're going into a much more sort of secular society and where people I suppose and not participating in other community events as much. Line, So it's a big it's a big problem for educators as well, because, for example, suddenly the school is meant to do all the things that every other organization.
Speaker 1: Schools are basically parenting kids. Governments are making lunch. In Queensland, they've just announced we're going to provide lunch for kids. And I mean mum and dad used to do that.
Speaker 3: Now the schools are doing right, But let's go back to the ice parts and fire circles. Can I just stress right, this is a courier male storry. Yeah, it's a creer malester queens Queensland. This is Queensland men. These are Queenslanders who are paying one thousand, five hundred.
Speaker 6: Southeast queens If this is what's happening in Queensland, this is what Queensland men are doing, imagine what the Victorians are.
Speaker 2: Although, to be fair for the men, it's not just the men. Check out a similar retreat. This one's in bar where women go to do I guess the female version it's like an exorcism, but a witch instead of a priest. And I'm pretty sure the demons are entering, not exiting. I mean, who pays for this stuff? You can scream for free.
Speaker 3: At home, exactly. This is the old thing. If you want to see a screaming woman and a bloke completely just deprived of testosterone, come to my place. You can see it for free.
Speaker 2: But one minute you're fighting that it isn't lowered levels of testosteron.
Speaker 6: No, I'm just not sure that.
Speaker 3: I'm just not sure that it's the water. I suspect it's probably an evolutionary trend that's the result of us not having to go out, and that is and has.
Speaker 2: Been absolutely disproven.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sure you feel the show couldn't get an stupider than that, but it can, because we're going to go to the Yarra City Council in Melbourne where they've just released a climate emergency plan eighty one pages. It took for them to write this emergency plan. They declared a climate emergency back in twenty twelve, by the way, but they've finally got round to the plan, which, amongst other things, demands that people in their locality stop eating meat, because of course meat is bad for the environment, all that methane. The irony, of course, the delicious irony of this is that it's just been revealed that at the ARA Council, prior to every council meeting, all the executives and councilors are served roast beef, chicken or lamb before their meeting. In fact, the other night when they approved this climate Emergency plan which says residents should no longer eat meat, they were served roast meat right before they voted to endorse this plan. Joe, you could not make stuff.
Speaker 3: I just love this story so much. And again it just tells you everything you need to know about the Greens, who of course dominate. So it tells you everything you need to know about inner city Melbourne, which of course where you're a city council is, And it tells you everything you need to know about vegetarians or indeed what used to be vegetarians. Now of course you've got to go vegan otherwise it just doesn't count. And we're talking completely plant based. And again, if you want to you know, this is what you do when you can't afford the fifteen hundred dollars to go on a mail retreat and lie in a pool with other middle aged Greens council So you've become a Greens counselor and there's your third place and you and you put out the little communicators saying, hey, I think everybody should be vegetarian just like me. I just love it so so much. Just imagine, like just imagine being on a city count like on a local government council and just thinking, just imagine just having the thought across through your head. I don't you know what we should do? We should tell out residents what to eat and.
Speaker 1: While everyone's going vegan. They've also set goals for how many residents in that area would be going to work on scooters. So they want to increase scooter use by forty percent come mid twenty thirties, because that would be great.
Speaker 2: Have you read their actual plan, though, very just the highlights.
Speaker 1: Have you read the eighty one pages?
Speaker 2: I mean it is but this whole time with the evidence they have substantial evidence mac go on, people at home, you need to be aware of this. There is substantial evidence, they say, to suggest that the emissions associated with current dietary patterns, particularly the high and increasing rate of consumption of animal products, I'm likely to make it impossible to limit global eating to one point five celsius. The Plan says, it is widely understood that a shift of plant blazed diets is critical in responding to the climate emergency. So here they are telling you, we are not going to make it unless you stop eating animal based products. They say, while they eat animal based products, these ladies and gentlemen. Is a perfect encapsulation of what I like to call climate communism, because it wasn't the people at the top who were starving during communist regimes. Wasn't the people at the top who were suffering and doing it hard and dying in millions, whether they were shot into mass graves or it just didn't have enough to eat or from exposure. No, no, everything about climate communism means less for you, less food for you, less travel for you, less options for you, period. Whether we're talking about where you can get your energy from, how much energy you're allowed to use on a daily basis, which car you can drive. Now, it will not affect any of them, and they know it. So they're happy to make these rules. They're happy to virtue signal for as long as the day is long, but not themselves. They will not putting. In fact, just remember when Davos got pulled up doing this very thing they're all having. Such an agriculture is raping the planet. There's no way we can say that for as long as there's agriculture on earth, how do you want us to live? There is this thing called food. Meanwhile, they were facing on the front of the leafbase.
Speaker 3: You said so yourself. If they don't, if they don't get their meaty proteins, they won't have the strength and testosterone read the Revolution, They won't get a story.
Speaker 1: Save you from ever having to read Animal Farm because the Yarraw Council approving all animals are equal, but some are more equal than others. The other thing I like about this climate action Plan, which we must mention, is the Yarra Council did say that deforestation is a massive problem, and I can only imagine how bad it is in Fitzroy, Collingwood and Richmond, where they are responsible for what happens. Seriously, what a joke.
Speaker 3: Although to be fair, it is often said you know that the left will eat itself. Well, now they can't because that would be that.
Speaker 2: That would be.
Speaker 3: Read to me unless although if you ate a vegan, would that be a vegan diet.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering if it was members of the Yarra Council that then took themselves as animal rights activists to the Victorian Premier's office and decided to graffiti it, because you know, that's how you stand up for animal rights. You've got to stand up for everyone's rights these days. You notice that I swear if there was a zombie apocalypse tomorrow, there would be a group of zombie activists being like, these guys need rights. We just need to be more welcoming. What about the zombies. Here is the premiere saying her to Bucks, saying, why didn't you just come to my office. We could have had a chat. It didn't need to come to this.
Speaker 9: This is all done under the cover of darkness, which is disgustingly cowardly behavior. Come out into the daylight, Come and have the conversation, Come and had the policy discussion that is consistent with our democratic right in this state and in this nation to have a difference of opinion, to express it peacefully, respectfully and not compromise community safety.
Speaker 2: Nah violence speaks louder than words. You know that perimie are because you let plenty of violent people through your town, don't you. And it seems like the very ones that we always do want pulled up and reprimanded never get their day in court. But the ones that actually vandalize your office, then you're upset about it because it's touched me. I mean, what really struck me as hilarious about this particular shall we say, missetting of the Premier's office was they weren't actually objecting any particular thing. It's not like she's me recently that will hurt animals.
Speaker 1: And this same group vandalized her office back in February, and they produced a video where they said, and I love this that the vandalism was and I quote in defense of water birds and in solidarity with Palestine. What waterbirds and Palestine have in common? I have no idea.
Speaker 3: It's what's known as the omni cause, where left is traina. It's like queers for Palestine. It's like when they sit down and say, all right, we need to be in favor of all these progressive causes, even if they are completely at odds with one another. And it is just an absolutely ridiculous thing. Let's not forget obviously the accord that sections the far far left of the Liparty. And of course the Greens have given to pro Palestine protesters who have vandalized. Oh they're not in protest as vandals?
Speaker 1: Is that what they're on Palestine? They're free parts.
Speaker 3: Who broke into who broke into the Victorian State Labor Conference, Who who attacked the officers of Josh Burns, Bill Shorten, Mark Dreyfus and of course Anthony Albanezi himself. Again, you lie down with dogs, you get fleas. And this is what happens when you know you're adjacent to these kind of extremist activist groups. They don't care the one eye. They don't have any sense of solidarity or reasonableness or you know, friendliness or camaraderie or whatever. They do not care. They will put you up against the wall and shoot you.
Speaker 1: Let me give you two questions. Firstly, what do you reckon will be repaired first? Just into Ellen's office or the statues that have been cut down and are still lying in disrepair, is the second question. If and when they get round to repairing the Premier's office, Let's say the quote comes in at ten grand, it will blow out to three million and take five years.
Speaker 3: That's right, it will end up costing more than the Commonwealth Games and the East Westley. But yeah, no, it's an absolute. It's absolutely terrible. These people are absolutely disgusting and disgraceful and it's a salutary lesson that the Labor Party and those little people on the left of the Labor Party who like to flirt with a bit of activism, that is what you are really flirting with, and it will come back and it will bite you on the ask speaking of things that we hope will come back. So how is that that?
Speaker 1: There?
Speaker 3: I go on? That was very Astronauts are apparently confident that this special capsule will bring them back from the International Space Station to Earth, despite the fact that it's made by Boeing and Boeing I don't know if you've been watching the late debate this week hasn't got a particularly a great track record of keeping things airborne anyway. Astronauts are confident that Boeing star Liner will bring them home after being trapped on the s. The first two astronauts to fly Boeing star on a capsule'll say from the International Space Station, that they are confident in the spacecraft's ability to return them home whenever the company and NASA fix an array of thruster issues that have kept them in space far longer than expected? Can I say far longer than expected? Is not the sort of phrase you use? It like, you know, how long did you know? How long did you have to wait for a train?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 3: Longer than expected? To be honest, that's when you say longer than expected? How long were the International Space Station up there in isolation from the planet because Boeing couldn't actually fix the little spaceship. It's menditata, oh longer than expected. Actually, that's not how that phrase works.
Speaker 1: These guys took off on the Boeing star Liner on June five, though were meant to be back on June thirteen. What are we now? July eleven, and they're still there. But I love this quote from one of the astronauts. This is just fantastic. Interviewed about what's going on, how she's feeling about being stuck in space for over a month. Quote, I have a real good feeling in my heart that this spacecraft will bring us home no problem. Well, if good feelings in your heart will get you back home from out of space. I reckon, she'll be fine.
Speaker 2: Then they will, then they will. The other guy out there said, we're absolutely confident the mantre you've heard failure is not an option. That's not Boeing's mantra. By the way, mate, that's just yours.
Speaker 1: Here's the best part of this though. This was the final test of the Boeing star Liner before it was given NECES certification, and it's not going so well. Thrusts and velveleaks as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, although it might they're looking into whether it might actually have been human error and the astronauts all accidentally clicked one way on the Boeing website.
Speaker 2: In the US, now where the Republicans have done it, they've got their safe bill over the line, this bill that was seeking to stop illegal immigrants from voting in the upcoming elections. Now the Dems are already finding a way around this. But I'll get into that a bit. You've got to see some of the circus that the Dems put on in complaining about this bill, saying, look, you're just trying to get illegals not to vote in our election. It's going to affect everyone. This is racist. Doesn't do it for yourself. How's republican?
Speaker 4: So call Save Act is a dangerous anti democratic bill that has no place on this floor. They don't want to hear black voices, brown voices, LGBTQIA voices, young voices. Our fundamental access to our democracy is being politicized, and this xenophobic attack that we're debating today will make it harder for Americans to vote. This is the twenty twenty four version of the Jimcrow poll tax, and we should vote against it.
Speaker 2: It's not racist to want only American citizens to vote in an American election. But of course the Dems are wasting no time getting around this. Michigan Governor Gretchen Whipner has already signed a controversial election recount fraud bill into law, which means that fraudulent votes, even if someone can prove that they took place, there will be no recount. I bet this is going to now I'll be a trend among Democratic governors just being like not in my state, the Republicans will not have a chance to be like. There's been some fraudulent votes, there's been some illegal immigrant votes. There has to be a recount. They're like, well, we're past a bill, so we're just not going to that kind of efforts.
Speaker 1: The Dems are making sure they're covering all their bases. I just can't get over how ageous, racist, homophobic, transphobic the Dems are. I mean, they're basically getting up and saying black people couldn't organize an ID. Young people, they couldn't organize an ID. And as for the LGBTQ community, where they could never organize an IDA where I wanted to.
Speaker 3: This is what I did not understand. So, like as I said earlier, but there is a long history of black people, especially in the South, having lower education levels, less likely to actually have idea. These are often people who went from sort of generational slavery just a couple of generations earlier, to get sort of indentured labor and stuff like this, and there's political pressure put on them, social pressure put on not to register the vote. Of course, that's how the civil rights may become. So I can understand the whole black white argument. I don't understand why it discriminates against lgbt Q I A plus people. Why are they more likely to be illiterate or not have id maybe that maybe that maybe the trans people would have difficulty producing a birth certificate. Fair enough, but what about everyone else? Like I said, you know, are you a citizen Sarah?
Speaker 2: Hell? Now, they wouldn't want anything to stop this bill?
Speaker 6: Is there a huge hoard of LGB two.
Speaker 2: People voted against it.
Speaker 3: All these gay people in the southern border coming through, and we.
Speaker 1: Should illegal there's is these things you can say, and if as long as you use these phrases, no one is allowed to question.
Speaker 3: What is the cause.
Speaker 1: It's the Omni cause, water birds and insolidarity with Palestine. We're going to go to a break when we come back to look at what's what is making news in the papers tomorrow. It's coming up in a second. All right, let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow. Joe Hildebrand, you are officially the Daily.
Speaker 3: Time and the Daily Daily Telegraph correspondent. Yeah. It beats doing actual, any real work for them. Daly Tig magnificent newspaper. We came up with the crazy idea. When I say where, I mean the bosses. I'm just here to spook it. Crazy idea instead of just saying, you know, hey, hey men stop hitting women and being made and everything. Why not go after the men who actually do abuse women and name and shame them. They have put on the front page of the newspaper for tomorrow's edition the photographs of eighteen of some of the worst domestic violence offenders in the state. It's an absolute disgrace. And if you just look at these people part of it we were sort of looking at before, like like some of them, you just think, all right, they've got to face, you know, face like a prison informant. A couple of them though, you just think it just could be anyone. And this obviously is a wake up call that everybody needs to show that. And also I think there's a database in New South as well where women can actually see if people have a history of domestic violence. Men too, for that matter.
Speaker 1: The other thing the Telegraph are doing, and I don't know how serious they are, maybe you can tell us, but they say on the front page that they want to stop using the term domestic violence, start talking about coward attacks.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, that's exactly right. So there's a bit of history here and this when I was this one I was heavily involved in, was a campaign against the one hit punches that was happening, particularly in around King's Cross and the CBD. This was what led to the lockout laws. People were being literally killed by it became this weird phase that and glassing. Believe it or not, this is many many years ago, and of course it's normally referred to, or was historically referred to, as a King hit, and we all, like the Telly the newsroom and others were sort of getting around saying, well, King hit kind of sounds kind of cool, like it sounds like a good thing, and so we basically along with others, but we just started calling it throughout this cam pain calling it a coward punch. And of course suddenly there's not much Oh what did you do? What did you do on Friday night? And you know I am telling this right, Oh yeah, coward punched in mate obviously doesn't have the same cash. And now that language is really baked in and so it basically picks up on that. So we're not saying that, We're not going to call them attackers anymore, not going to say this is an active so called domestic violence or whatever. We're just saying they're cowards. This is who they are, and this is what they look like, and how big and tough and strong do they look now that they've been named in shame one hundred.
Speaker 1: And forty three murders across New South Wales in the past five years. So it's a massive issue. The men's government taking action and good to see the Day Telegraph on board as well.
Speaker 2: Here here better than name and shame, just picture their face, show and show you'd be dating one of these guys. Swipe and right on Hinge And if you just go check out the front page of the Daily Telly, I think twice to the front page of the Camera Times. Now I'm just sure on air?
Speaker 1: Would you let me help you, Liz. Front page of the Canberra Times power struggle reads the headline Wallaroo residents are angry about plans for a one hundred megawatt solar farm, which they say will destroy the tranquility, amenity and land values of their properties. It's a good front page photograph there of the family standing on their property, beautiful green pastures behind them. But not for long. It's going to be hundreds and hundreds of solar panels. Just what you want when you move to the country for the peace and quiet and the beautiful view.
Speaker 3: I moved to the country for the smug knowledge that I'm doing my part to save the planet by staring at it's not for a greater good. Guys, come on, get on.
Speaker 2: My voice back. Yes it is testing one too. So yes, this is our one hundred and seventy million dollar win farm. It's supposed to I sound like it's supposed to power forty eight one thousand homes. Those homes are obviously being powered just fine right now. But no, no, we need this big, ugly solar farm now, they're saying, because the residents were so angry about it, and the local council was like, not in my backyard. It will be decided by an independent path of course.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go to the front page of the Tasmanian Mercury Hobart Register's highest use of fentanyl killer drug fear reads the headline Tasmania had the highest use of cannabis, fentanyl, oxydone, ketamine and mdm A of any capital city in Australia. A new report says, now, cocaine other drugs were familiar with cannabis, but fentanyl is an.
Speaker 3: Interesting to one's very America.
Speaker 1: Of course, when you talk about fentanyl, you immediately think the US border. It's been struggled in.
Speaker 3: I think Prince was Prince was a fentanyl overdose, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: I certainly don't think Hobart No.
Speaker 3: But obviously now you know Little Hobart's punching above its way. You know, I joined the Big Birds. It's truly global city. On an unrelated note, can we just go back to the front page of the Tasmania Mercury. This is, I should stress, completely unrelated to the story below about all sorts of crazy drugs. But what is going on in that picture? This is? This is Marcus Gibbo Gibbon and musician Theresa Dixon, who are putting the final touches on Big Willie. I think Big Willie is the burning man who's not burning yet. He is still luke warm Willie.
Speaker 1: It's a music festival and I'm sure there'll be no drugs present.
Speaker 3: What is just so much to unpack? What's going on there? I saw a big Willy I thought.
Speaker 1: Speak of unpacking. Unpack the front page of the Gold.
Speaker 3: Car it was another thing. I just don't know what's going on anymore, right, So I've got a podcast I've been I've got a podcast, The Real Story with Joe Hildebrand. Don't miss that every Thursday, where I meant to explain to people, like what's really going on in the news. I no longer know what's really going on in the news. Check out this one right, Gold Coast Bulletin, Great little newspaper. Man Yar, Big Splash Exclusive ceo stood down during probe into workplace claims. Surf Boss shock Waves and independent investigation is underway into workplace claims made against surfing Queensland CEO Adam Yates. Mister Yates has been stood down penning the outcome of the probe. What is surfing Queensland? Queensland has got a whole government department dedicated to surfing?
Speaker 5: What is going on there?
Speaker 3: I mean, I know surfing is great and everything. I know they've got a lot of coastline. But they've got like a whole surfing department. Why not? It's pretty good idea, But why don't we have one? Why don't then everybody have one?
Speaker 1: Tell us about the other front page story there, Joe, because the other one makes me curious.
Speaker 3: I'm so confused. Chappelle Bells is the verse strap ring of truth for Corby. Chappelle Corby celebrated her birthday in Paris, but eagle eyed social media followers spotted a ring that could signal wedding bells for the convicted drug smoke.
Speaker 2: When a Chappelle Corby front page news, not front page traffic drugs into other countries, you can still to it.
Speaker 3: Was a long time ago.
Speaker 2: It was a long time Corby living it up in Paris, engaged, front page of the Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: Come on, she's turned over a new leaf.
Speaker 2: Beyond several new leafs.
Speaker 1: The best part of this article, though, is we don't know if she's engaged. It may mean could, but they got a front page.
Speaker 3: She's nowhere near the Gold Coast like she's in Paris, but because she's a Gold Coast girl. Originally that guy the like angle, that is skilled, but that is journalist. It works.
Speaker 1: We're on TV talking about it.
Speaker 2: So very nice to the front page of the ODS. Now we are reading this tiny little hideaway. Murdoch Howard. This is Rupert Murdoch, obviously the one, the only Murdochel Howard was our best PM, but Turnbull was nuts. John Howard achieved more in office than any other Australian Prime Minister Rupert Murdoch says in a series of interviews to mark the sixtieth anniversary of the Australian Newspaper on July fifteenth, mister Murdoch, who founded this mass heead said mister Howard, prime minister from March nineteen ninety six to November two thousand and seven, was the best leader during his lifetime. Are there really that many Australians who would disagree with that?
Speaker 1: If you're talking about political analysis, Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: You're from the Labor Party like that Howard.
Speaker 1: If you want sharp political analysisco Turnbull was Nuts is about a succinct and sharp as you can.
Speaker 2: Synopsis spot on.
Speaker 1: The documentary is on Monday at eight pm here on Sky News. Don't forget the tune in. We're going to go to a break when we come back. Fake the Picasso's in a Hobart museum. That intriguing story in a second, all right, welcome back. There is a art scandal in Hobart, Liz so.
Speaker 2: Scandal so art. So you don't be familiar with the court case that the guy who was not allowed into the Ladies exhibit at Mona and he was really upset about it, so he took the case to court, and he actually won because yes, this is discrimination, despite the fact you are clearly a man. He wasn't even pretending to be a woman. He was a man wanting to go into the woman's exhibition. Well, it turns out that the lady who fought that case to the back teeth painted the paintings herself. They weren't true picassos. She has kept this for four long years and still didn't admit it. Even after the court ruled in this guy's case. She moved them to the women's toilets, being like, well, you can't come in here, buddy, it's still female lonely artwork, and has only now chosen to tell everyone, you know what, I played you all. They're fake. I painted them myself. I love this woman is such a troll.
Speaker 1: I love it. Apparently one of them was hanging upside down, which was.
Speaker 2: A clue that she was trying to give the nod.
Speaker 1: She said, she's been waiting months for someone to point it out, and she's thrilled that Samone has now.
Speaker 3: Realized what does that tell you?
Speaker 1: It's also have to make it a little apology to the Picasso foundation.
Speaker 3: Well, I was going to say, what does that tell you about Picasso? Anyone can if that's right, if she can just scribble something out, put out there, that's a Picasso. Everyone's going in there. Oh my god, it's so powerful. Oh weeping woman, Oh Gernica. Oh what does that go? W does that tell you about everything you need to know about art? Turns out picsso not that great. Yeah, you heard me?
Speaker 1: All right, Before we finish, you're going to show you one of the more unusual headlines we saw today. Man gets caught smuggling snakes into China down his trousers. We don't recommend this. Here's the statement from Chinese customs. Upon inspection, customs officers discovered that the pockets of the trousers the passenger was wearing were packed with six canvas drawstring bags and sealed with tape. Once opened, each bag was found to contain living snakes in all kinds of shapes, sizes, and colors. One hundred and four snakes down his trousers as he tried to get from Hong Kong into mainland China. There's some of the sneaks this guy had pants.
Speaker 3: Oh my, could I just say, I don't know what the big deal is here like that, Joe, you do this on a weekly basis. I've been carrying around a snake in my trousers for years now, Joe.
Speaker 1: It's not the only example of people trying to smuggle snakes snakes into China. In twenty twenty three, a woman was found with five snakes in her bra trying to get into China. So apparently it's a common thing amongst people entering mainland China. We're going to go now. That's it from us to stick around. Coming up with Nika de Giorgio, who is hosting Rita Beenahi show that's coming up now.