Speaker 1: Get morning every day, adelaides, I need I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 3: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know what in the news today to know.
Speaker 2: This is what you need to know.
Speaker 1: You know what you need to know with Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 4: As we head into schoolies once again, there were warnings all across the news yesterday, deadly warnings in fact, about pills being sold as organic ecstasy, natural ecstasy or just MDMA at schoolies this week. The problem we have is that these pills contain ninazines, which is up to fifty times more potent than fentanyl. So that means these pills are potentially deadly. So it's pushed for a renewed push for legalized pill testing INSA so Doctor John Williams, who's the president of the AMA here, said he was concerned school leaders at next week's Victor Harvey's Harbor schoolies might be taking pills. I think it's just MDMA, unaware it could contain nazines or other harmful synthetic opioids. He said, My best advice would be don't take those pills at all. But he supports legalized pill testing because anyone can take a pill, get a pill maker and put any kind of white powder in that and then package it any way they like and put in it whatever they want, which as a parent is completely and utterly terrifying. So get your thinking as a parent, like, where do you sit on the position of pill testing? For me, I'm sort of a bit on the fence. I've got to be honest about that. I don't quite know where it sits for me, because it's like, I think, it's a bit like alcohol.
Speaker 2: Kids are going to drink alcohol.
Speaker 4: So as a parent, do you introduce it slowly at home in a controlled environment so they get used to how it makes them feel and what it makes them do? Or are you then planting the seed in a young brain that alcohol could potentially be a part of your life for returnity, you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: Do you introduce knowing they're going to do it anyway?
Speaker 4: I think as a parent, you just want to provide this fapest environment that you possibly can. If you suspect that your kids might partake in drugs, you'd want that drug to not be potentially deadly.
Speaker 2: Yes, So I don't know. I'm a little torn on this one.
Speaker 1: That is the thing. Please get involved in this conversation if you're parents, maybe you're a student on your way. They're thirteen and twenty fourteen, would love to take a call from it. I think there is a slight perception that if you're four legalizing pill testing, that you're somehow for drug used. Absolutely not, absolutely not, I can.
Speaker 4: I think you just want to ensure that this thing isn't is not going to be deadly for your child.
Speaker 1: So here's the thing, and let's be realistic. And sometimes you have to put yourself back in that situation. And if mum and dad said don't do this, would you absolutely one hundred percent say okay, I won't do that because you said that. Of course you probably would. I did back in the day, I got told not to do some things and I definitely went and did them. So then the option is if you have this where they are what we would deem safe pills versus very very unsafe pills. Maybe you've said to your kids don't do that, they still do it. This system isn't available and they take a bad pill and all of a sudden there's disastrous consequences. I know which one I would rather, and that is and the language sounds awful, but my kid taking the safer pill.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think.
Speaker 4: I think that we run into trouble when we confuse people who encourage pill testing as encouraging drug taking.
Speaker 2: That's not it at all.
Speaker 4: They're encouraging if they're going to take it, we want to make sure it's safe for you. But either way, the scary part for me is kids at school is who drink or take drugs are going to be out of control. And we all saw last year what happened at school is with Grant stephens son Charlie.
Speaker 2: What can happen.
Speaker 4: I'm saying drugs in our coal involved, but it's a dangerous hot bed of young teenagers doing things that they potentially shouldn't be doing.
Speaker 1: Yes, So this is where it's for me, This is where it's changed because I went to schoolers in two thousand and three and I can one hundred percent tell you there was far too much of it consumed. It was all alcohol. Yeah, so it was all So from then to now things have really really shifted, and I reckon it was close. I reckon maybe two or three years after we left, we were hearing stories about kids who were seventeen eighteen doing genuinely illicit substances and going well, and then it just sort of filtered across society as a whole. So maybe it'd be hard for parents now to get their head around such a thing as legalizing pill testing because maybe parents weren't in that situation themselves, so it's harder to get a grip off.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Absolutely.
Speaker 4: Here's a little bit of audio from a professional pill tester from Queensland who explains the process of how they go about it.
Speaker 5: We only need a really small amount to get tested, so we need about the size of a matchhead. Using our infrared spectrometer, we can give a good estimate of what we believe to be the most prominent ingredient in there. What we've found is that particularly where someone finds an unexpected substance in their sample, almost all of them will dispose of that. A lot of our discussions are around the risks of overdose and the signs of overdose, and also advising the safest options to not use drugs.
Speaker 1: So clearly from that it could be the difference between saving a life, yeah, or getting a youngster in so much trouble.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: My clear takeaways I want to pick up an infrared spectrometer in the Black Friday.
Speaker 2: Sales as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well under they sound watch the space.
Speaker 4: Yeah exactly thirteen twenty four to ten. We're taking your calls this morning, your thoughts on pill testing. Let's go to Anonymous from flag Staff here.
Speaker 2: Good morning, Good morning. So you work in health, Yes, yes I do.
Speaker 6: I've seen the consequence and it's pretty devastating and it's pretty difficult to deal with because these young people end up in erase us in an ad department where you don't know what they've taken. They need to do top to cology study to see what's happened mentally and physically compromised. Is real difficult to deal with.
Speaker 2: And so you say, you see from.
Speaker 6: A medical and nursing point of view, it's it's devastating for families. They're town to pieces over years of drug use and then all of a sudden their child is in the physically compromised date.
Speaker 1: So, Anonymous, as being in the industry that you're working and knowing what you know, can you say a future where there is mandatory bill.
Speaker 6: Testing, Well, I think that's onthing the iceberg. Really that's like a band aids to a global problem. But the problem lies with the drugs being introduced and drugs being manufactured, and there are two different sets of difficulties, rarely one of the manufacturing if you don't know what's in that drug.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and beings to hold.
Speaker 6: Vulnerable people. People with a mental illness are already a compromised They end up with further problems mentally, and then they've got a physical physical state to deal with, whether they're not medically or mentally able to manage a quality of life that we should all have.
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for that call. What a great insight that was. So I just I wonder.
Speaker 4: About these people with these backyard operations who are manufacturing these pills and putting in the pills that could potentially end up at places like school is putting in magazines which they know are potentially fatal.
Speaker 1: If you want to if you're a student or you're a parent, and you want to shock yourself, why don't you google some of these images or where these drugs are prepared. Because I'll give you the hot tip. There's no work in safety regulations some of these back with these pills.
Speaker 4: There's no regular three monthly inspections of these backyard pill operations.
Speaker 2: Give you the big tip.
Speaker 1: And certainly no nutritional content on the pills you're buying on the street man's pill testing. Where does it sit with you? Let's go to paradise, come on to you, Andrew.
Speaker 7: Good morning both, How are we We're good?
Speaker 2: Thank you Andrew? Where do you sit with this?
Speaker 7: I am on the agreement that they should be introduced absolutely, Like as a young particle back in the day, I know that like these things are going to happen, Like you're going to be taking these pills, especially after parents of supervision, Like there's just not much that you can do. I've got a young eight months old. Now, I'll just think about these things in the future that yeah, okay, she might be surrounded by people, like there's going to be an influence, and let's say that she has a curious mind, she might want to do these things. So as a parent, I would like I would expect that my child has safety or the foundational knowledge to be smart enough to prefer that they wouldn't do it. But if they were to do it, but they do it under safe conditions, and I think you both hit the mark there. If they were to do it, that they're doing it with friends or somebody that they trust in the event that's something bad was to happen, and that they have the foundational knowledge to potentially test and know what these substances can do. Education is an important thing, and just basically saying no to pill testing, I think is a little bit silly. We're moving to an age where drugs becoming a lot more prominent. Yep, it's just a I think it's just Yeah.
Speaker 4: It feels a little bit like I do as I say, not as Daddy used to do back in the tax question with you.
Speaker 1: A bit well, said Andrew. I could completely agree with you. So it's about information. It's about knowledge and be able to hand yourself in the right situation. Because I feel like, particularly with the youngsters, and I've got a six year old, but I feel like by the time he gets the righting them more I said, don't you dare do that? I feel like you want to do it more and more.
Speaker 7: Yeah, exactly right, exactly right.
Speaker 2: Thank you, and thank you so much. Sue from Stirk, Good morning.
Speaker 8: Good morning guys.
Speaker 2: Where do you sit with it, Sue.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm a little on the fence, but I mean, ultimately, I'd love to live in a world where this is not an issue, but it is. Yeah, so I would lean towards the yes I if I had to make a choice. But I'm very very pro making sure you have those conversations with the kids so they feel safe to talk to you, talk to you about any influences in friendship groups and things like that. And I've always said to my girls, if you wanted to drink or you wanted to take something, come to me. We'll do it safely together. Don't go doing it somewhere where you're you know, if I have to find it, I don't know where I'm going to find it.
Speaker 9: I would, but.
Speaker 8: Just be safe with doing it, like, do it smart. I've never done it.
Speaker 1: It's always a people your least.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: Okay, So do you so? How old your children?
Speaker 8: Twenty and twenty two?
Speaker 1: So do you feel like you have that relationship with the children right now? Can they openly? Could they call you in a situation where they say, look, I've just had an incident with some drugs.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, I had my girls would come to me and say, such and such a friend is doing this, Such and such a friend has taken that. Such and such a friend is doing that, and their parents don't know, And I had that dilemma where I think that was my daughter. I'd want to know, but I can't break my daughter's trust by telling her friend's parents that she's doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Absolutely, wow, So yeah, absolutely, I've got that relationship with my girls.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's great.
Speaker 9: And one of them's now cop.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a whole.
Speaker 4: I love that Sou's kids are going to her saying, oh, this is what we want to do.
Speaker 2: Okay, mummy, we'll do some research on the dark all.
Speaker 1: Right, leave it with me. Important messages in there as well, So thank you to everybody who got involved and spoke with us. But also like it certainly makes you think.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 4: Also, I know that a lot of kids do listen to this show. So if you are heading to school, is just be safe.
Speaker 1: Yes, we're not going to preach, just be safe.
Speaker 4: Nah, just we're not preaching. We just want to look after you.
Speaker 1: That's the bottom line. Your father, he's on the money. Listen, Jody and naughty. It's six for nothing, not be.
Speaker 4: Naughty.
Speaker 1: It's six forty chance for us to be I don't know, maybe a little bit looser before we straighten things up a halfter. Seven o'clock. Is that the best way to describe when.
Speaker 4: Your kids being naughty and you're like, get it all out of your system and then move forward with the day.
Speaker 1: That's what we're doing right now. I've got one for you. And what's about to happen over in America is that all the Americans about to sort of verge into winter. Yes, so there's a big warning that's coming out over there for all the men, and that is they're saying, watch out for winter penis. That's right. It's a seasonal condition that may hinder a man's ability to perform sexually. And I feel like before I describe this, I think we've always known about winter penis steep down US men, particularly producer Flak, who is who we're calling the Prince of Winter Pennant.
Speaker 10: You find these studies hazy, and I just go, this is the dumbest thing I've heard, because because you wrote it, we know what happens in winter or cold.
Speaker 1: As the temperature drops, the male genitalia recedes into the body to maintain body heat, resulting in restrictive blood flows. The phenomenon, oh gosh, it's phenomenally unattractive, which affects men of all ages can cause a male member to shrink in size by up to fifty while slowed circulation makes achieving an erection difficult. When the thermostat drops, oh dear.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, there's a lot to take on there.
Speaker 1: And I just thought it was me, But it's an actual thing. Winter penis is a thing. Okay, So there you go. That's our excuse.
Speaker 2: So I'm just I'm going to do some run some numbers here.
Speaker 4: So if it drops by fifty percent and you're starting at thirty percent.
Speaker 1: Already, you're twenty percent when it's inverted. That's when you know in good trouble. We're an open and a group here, but hate all those put your hand up. We've got all year round winter painters. My hand is on it.
Speaker 10: As the excuse we've always used if you naked in front of someone it's really cold, and here the conditions.
Speaker 1: Out is it cold? It's twenty five degrees in sunny.
Speaker 4: Yesterday there was a medical emergency in the studio. I like genuinely swallowed something the wrong way and was choking.
Speaker 1: And how hilarious.
Speaker 4: I have I listen to my near death experience and how it all unfolded.
Speaker 1: Absolute scenes in the studio. And that is Jody, when you forgot to chew before you swallow it, you try to eat it like a duck.
Speaker 4: A bit of sweet potato just lodged in my throat and I literally couldn't breath.
Speaker 2: And at that point where I couldn't breathe, your yelling.
Speaker 1: Incorporate the Hymen maneuver.
Speaker 2: The Hymen maneuver.
Speaker 3: It's the home.
Speaker 1: What's holomond, isn't it? That's isn't that? I'm confused. I think we all learned some lessons yesterday.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and my favorite thing about you, Andrew Hayes, is when you make a mistake, God, you double down, and you double down hard. Okay, injits, it's the Hymen maneuver.
Speaker 1: It's not And just for those playing at home, the Hime maneuver, which I'm sure is an actual thing. I don't even know that. No, you can imagine how much I don't know that. No, it would be as much as you could possibly not know something.
Speaker 4: Yes, exactly, is that the only thing you don't know? That the only thing you repeatedly and infuriatingly get wrong.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, words, you just cannot get right. Thirteen twenty four ten. I can't unless I really double down and concentrate. Can't say Glen Elg and this, I really concentrate that, go again glen glen Elg. Yes. So I've got to stop and really check myself. So I just wanted to speak normally in a sentence. And I do a lot of sample stories and I love covering the Tigers, so you'll hear me say the Tigers or the Bays a lot instead of Glen Elg.
Speaker 4: Right, So okay, quick spot check. Say I'm going down to Glenelg diday. I don't think about it.
Speaker 1: I'm going down to Glenelg today. I'm not good with L after the first G Glen Elg. Yeah, right, Bays going down to the Bay. Are you flawless?
Speaker 4: I mean I can use words out of context sometimes I don't know, like bought and brought in.
Speaker 1: And sometimes we're doing interviews with someone and you'll get them in the wrong place and I'll just be in the corner twitching because I'm not going to correct you in front of someone else and get there and now your brain's like, oh no, I'm going to make sure that I stuff you up and make sure every single time using the wrong context. You don't even float the right one.
Speaker 4: So if you bought something, you buy it, but you've you've.
Speaker 2: Brought it, you bring it?
Speaker 4: Is that right?
Speaker 1: You've done it?
Speaker 2: But I can't just do that.
Speaker 4: It's something in my frontal cortex that says, no, you will never get that right.
Speaker 2: You never, ever in the history of.
Speaker 4: Your life, get brought and brought right in the right context without having stopped and going, Okay, if I bought it over what.
Speaker 1: You can't pause a five to ten seconds, make sure you get it right. Absolutely, it's a flag. You've got one or two.
Speaker 10: I'm not sure I can top yournilk. For years and years and years, I thought.
Speaker 1: It was hyper bowl. Ah, do you know what that's. That's like the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Hyper It's a weird word though, hyperbole.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, And I would say hyperbowl and I would get very embarrassed.
Speaker 1: And does anyone actually know what it means? I don't think anyone really knows what that word even means.
Speaker 2: Hyperbole.
Speaker 4: Isn't it just like to spew out like a whole heap of words that sort of you don't really know the meaning to.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm doing right now. I'm hyper a lizing.
Speaker 1: We are not an intelligent show twenty four ten. Give us an example. The words that you just cannot get right, because everyone's got a word or maybe a few that just trip you up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just let me quickly dog produce a flack in here too. You know Levisa, the jewelry shop that's in every shopping center right across South Australia.
Speaker 2: For years, he thought it was Louisa.
Speaker 10: Oh no, in min events. There's a bit of a curve on the V so it looks like a U. So I thought it was Louisa.
Speaker 1: Oh is that right?
Speaker 2: A bit of a curve in your brain?
Speaker 1: Mate, We'll go one for you as well. For the longest time, you know the brand unique Lough. Yeah, that Novak Jokovic probably made quite fan famous.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I never looked at it, but it was Union of Queensland. Did I have the University of Queensland sponsored Novak?
Speaker 2: He didn't go to the Union Queensland. That's so weird.
Speaker 1: Four ten. The words that you cannot get right, or maybe the words that you just always thought were completely wrong.
Speaker 2: What a great win for.
Speaker 4: The university system.
Speaker 1: Alight, guys.
Speaker 11: Miss is Adelaide's favorite way to Awaken.
Speaker 1: Twenty four ten. The words that you just consistently get wrong. Sure, I learned some lessons yesterday. It's the home lick remover. It's not the horme and maneuver. Okay, that's fine, Okay, it's just an everyday lesson.
Speaker 2: Okay, I don't know that you're still anyway?
Speaker 1: What did I say wrong?
Speaker 2: You're kidding?
Speaker 1: Sorry, you just said the heimelick remover? What is it remover? He guess what's going to happen? Chokes next time? Joe Jose, I'm running. I'm not going to associate with any sort of maneuver. Try and help you instead of removing.
Speaker 4: Okay, anyway, you make my head hurt. Sometimes let's go to where're we doing? Your loose things that you cannot say properly or you get taken out of context? What is it?
Speaker 2: Christy morning?
Speaker 9: But just before the you two thousand, everyone was like always coming up with the minellium. I still can't play it.
Speaker 1: Oh, there were or two bugs already got Christie before it's even up.
Speaker 2: Christie, So I think you mean I think you mean millennium.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but what do you say millillium?
Speaker 1: That's good?
Speaker 2: Just sometime who doesn't mix the ends and l's up.
Speaker 1: Thank goodness, the millennium has been gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good, Thank you, Chris. Let's go to you, Rebecca.
Speaker 4: Hay, Okay, let's have a crack at it.
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 7: Cruel?
Speaker 8: Sorry, cruel?
Speaker 2: What are you trying to say?
Speaker 1: Are you trying to say squirrel?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Why doesn't? Why doesn't your squirrel haven't? It's why is it a quirrel? I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I could do it if I do it a low, but then I feel like an idiot. Okay, Well well, well.
Speaker 2: Okay, go again.
Speaker 1: Well you seems like you're on a slow MA replay store.
Speaker 4: So if you were to, for example, say Rebecca, if I just said, okay, say this, the squirrel couldn't find its nuts, go for it.
Speaker 7: The squirrel can't find it nut, hopefully just merges into the others.
Speaker 2: Oh, year done, Recca. Thank you.
Speaker 4: Johnny, Okay, morning, good morning. Your word is rendezvous? What's what's Johnny? From Craigmore's interpretation of rendezvous.
Speaker 3: I used to be rend devers. Oh, my partner, I thought it was pretty hilarious.
Speaker 1: And this is because you can't say rendezvous or did you h.
Speaker 3: Idea Yeah, at the renders.
Speaker 4: God, thank you that the partner didn't leave.
Speaker 1: I thought it was funny, nice, that's good. That's good. So I guess we're all in this boat together.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Words can be tricky, they can really.
Speaker 1: Be it's all stuff them up together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, who hasn't Who hasn't said Gela Pinos, am I right?
Speaker 1: Or Jelapanos? What did the like? The little contest?
Speaker 11: This is?
Speaker 2: Isn't it? Isn't it gorgeous?
Speaker 4: I promise everyone, I'm going to stay calm. Okay, I'm going to be so zem this week because you know what, let's face it, I'm trailing so horrendously badly.
Speaker 2: No, I can't. I can't make a dance to an impact. So why don't know? As we'll just relax and have fun, right?
Speaker 1: Is it a two eighty two fourteen to twenty seven spuck? Do I need glasses from him?
Speaker 4: I'm not going to buy it either, Just so you know, you can throw out as much baite as you want.
Speaker 2: I am not going to be that little fishy this morning.
Speaker 1: Fishy, fishy, fishy, Hey, producers are for the first time, what's going on here?
Speaker 11: The songs Song Song Song, our favorite competition. Yeah, Hazy show so three songs no OV hits and throwbacks or kestralized. It's the best of three. You're playing for a couple of listeners to win them a Wallace Cinema family pass. First through this morning with Stacey from Prospect, who chose Team Jody. Thank you Stace, and then on Team Hazy, John Davron Park.
Speaker 1: Here's Johnny. Hey you go, there we go, good Man? How are you my friend? John's first time your tea?
Speaker 2: All right? Yes, sort of sledging. I'm going to ignore.
Speaker 11: That's okay because Stacey chose you, so that's nice.
Speaker 2: So Johnny gotta signed Hazy.
Speaker 1: Yes you got the short straw.
Speaker 2: Yeah, poor poor Johnny.
Speaker 11: Let's kick straight into it. Song number one here, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 3: Is your brother.
Speaker 1: I don't know the title or the artist. That's a Probram.
Speaker 2: We're we're fully sure.
Speaker 1: Listen basically goes nothing to hold me back. I'm shocked.
Speaker 11: I thought you'd both get that straight away from the.
Speaker 2: Car at two. It's on the car, Johnny, It's on the.
Speaker 1: Car on TV. Can I be honest with you. Joe's and this may shock you, but I'm not a huge, huge fan of Shawn Mendes. Okay, I don't dislike, but you may not see me at a Shawn Mendes concert.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's good to know.
Speaker 1: So I don't know if you know me well enough to know that.
Speaker 2: But I don't know.
Speaker 4: Your musical taste is quite eclectic, and I can never really pick what you do like.
Speaker 1: I'm because I don't know what that word means. That means hazes in the lead.
Speaker 11: But it is the best to three. There's a chance we'll come back. I think this one's hard song.
Speaker 1: Number two song too. Joey always excels.
Speaker 11: At Yes, Okay, don't react, don't bite, You're right, sure.
Speaker 5: Some do.
Speaker 11: Shut up.
Speaker 1: I know too much, I know, I.
Speaker 11: Come on long.
Speaker 5: Well that's a really.
Speaker 2: Actually, I'm gonna give you that. That was was very good.
Speaker 1: That we're friends friends. Hey, so here's the big question, here's the massive and this is a big test, Joes. Do we play the third song? Come on for the thrill of it?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 11: You said you're in a great mood today, and nothing I'll get you down. Imagine winning the third song? All right, Okay, come on, come on, I believe in your song number three for fun, it's fun.
Speaker 1: Joe, it's fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's get loud by Jodie. Let's get loud. Let's get loud.
Speaker 11: Bye, come on, no.
Speaker 9: Scared?
Speaker 2: How have I not remembered her name?
Speaker 1: Produce a black miright of help out?
Speaker 2: Okay, that's all right.
Speaker 4: Producers realizes it. Sometimes you need to throw a dog of boone.
Speaker 1: Yes, you've already won.
Speaker 9: Shut up whatever you are.
Speaker 2: You have an argument over the dead rubber.
Speaker 4: I promise I wouldn't get angry, but that's sort of.
Speaker 2: Behavior tips me over the edge.
Speaker 4: I guess New Zealand's comedy queen that will now claim is our own shuckers.
Speaker 9: Just try to see if you guys are a shucker crowd.
Speaker 11: No, okay.
Speaker 4: She became a much loved TV star hosting The Cheap Seats.
Speaker 2: On Channel ten, but a lot of feedback.
Speaker 9: We actually got a tweet that said, is tim away because there's work experiences up side?
Speaker 11: That is true.
Speaker 9: I want it, it's just not available this week.
Speaker 4: So and going over the best all worst bits of the year with us before tonight's final episode.
Speaker 2: Please welcome Melanie Bracewall.
Speaker 9: Yes, hazy.
Speaker 4: The Cheap Seats finale is tonight on Channel ten. The beautiful ten network and the star of it is our favorite keyweek comedian outside of Ursula Carlson. Please welcome Melanie to the show.
Speaker 9: Yeah, that's a fair bit. I'll make that calls.
Speaker 10: Well.
Speaker 2: She is very, very funny.
Speaker 4: Ward. An opportunity just to get you on the show this morning and talk about you. Obviously recapped the year and the best stories in you, so we thought let's get your top three.
Speaker 2: Are you up for it?
Speaker 9: I'm absolutely up for it. It's been an amazing year. We've had so many huge stories. I mean, the most recent one would have to be that royal visit where there was a pretty pretty amazing encounter with King Charles.
Speaker 11: King Charles has received a welcome to remember in Canberra being sneezed on by an alpaca.
Speaker 9: What an absolute greeting. That is what we've called cheap seats gold We sort of mine and these all these very important dignit trees that they need and they shake hands and sometimes it can be very very boring. The moment we saw the word alpaca and a transcript, we were like, okay, all right, fine, everything our packer base.
Speaker 2: What was the alpaca dressed up as hazy King.
Speaker 1: Oh, I did have a.
Speaker 9: Little wearing like a top head and like a suit like he was dressed up and formal, where.
Speaker 1: I believe it was a very inappropriate setting for an outpacker to spit in the face.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: But his reaction to was lovely, wasn't it. He was sort of like old that just spit on me.
Speaker 9: It was gorgeous, Yes, okay, gorgeous.
Speaker 4: So that comes in at number three, your second top story for the year.
Speaker 2: Please.
Speaker 9: Now, we cover a lot of sort of high profile courtroom battle, you know, these big legal lawsuits, and sometimes they can be dicing. You know, sometimes you don't want to cover them. We're a little bit nervous about what we can say. And this is one of those examples.
Speaker 1: Oscar the Kovoodle arrived at the Federal court or decision day in a defamation battle against nine.
Speaker 9: Oscar Thekvoodle and a defamation lawsuit. We had Oscar lawyers on our back when we were talking about AFCA, so we had to be careful with what we said.
Speaker 4: Now, what was Oscar suing Channel nine for? What did how did they defame the Kavoodle?
Speaker 9: Look, this is where you've got me wrong. We have no journalistic integrity. We know nothing about the deeper layers of the story.
Speaker 1: We don't know.
Speaker 9: We don't even know really much about Oscar at all. The kaboodle was dressed up like a judge that feels on the nose.
Speaker 4: It really does, all right, your top story four the year, Melbrace will go for it.
Speaker 9: Often this happens. We have a slow news week now and again, you know, we go, oh, there's not much on. There's the Olympic saw that's not coming up for a while. What can we do? And then every so often we get a blessing where something huge has happened. Everyone's talking about it, but everyone is okay, everything's fine, it's not dangerous, there's nothing bad about it. It was just slightly inconvenient for a big portion of the population. And that for us was the Blue Screen of Death, the outage that had a bunch of Microsoft computers, which meant there were some pretty intense stories like this.
Speaker 1: I heard a story about a woman who got a text that she had a piece of furniture to pick up at a stare. She went to the store and I couldn't provide to her. She said, there was panic there there.
Speaker 9: You can't pick up an ortomen. That is one of the toughest things that can happen in your life. My god, we just heard a bunch of these stories. It was, Oh, they went to the pet store and they couldn't buy a gold fashion. You know, the reporters are doing such a good job because they do have to cover it and they have to give it this gravitask. But quite often it's just someone who couldn't pick up a couch.
Speaker 4: Well, well, we can catch all the highlights from the year on the cheap Seats. The finale is tonight. I can't wait for it. You do a wonderful job. Thank you for being our second favorite New Zealand comedian.
Speaker 9: Well, you, guys, my second favorite Adelaide Radio.
Speaker 1: That your favorite favorite