Speaker 1: We got get you the ready morning every day, every lady, gentleman, adelaides, But joke, pariking is hard.
Speaker 2: Can't tell you that much.
Speaker 3: She's proven that over the gym.
Speaker 2: Oh I haven't.
Speaker 4: People make it look easy like your wife. Other people make it look extremely difficulty.
Speaker 2: And to go at defense for me. Maybe it's because she does so much of it.
Speaker 4: Okay, oh man, you know they call that weaponizing confidence.
Speaker 3: Oh, cars are good at parenting. I'm just going to let her do.
Speaker 2: All of it, so that's cool. Yeah, okay, very good. We had a bit of a moment, well, she had a moment of motivation on the weekend. Okay. She woke up like four to thirty, couldn't get back to sleep, and the kids were still sleeping. Sometimes they get up nice. Now she said, you know what's stuff and I'm going to run Mount Lofty. I'm doing it. Whoa, yeah, I'm going up there. It's a big ordiero. Go to drive there, find a park and go up there, come back down and get back in your car and come home. It's a big, solid operation. Sometimes takes sort of our twenty minutes. So while she was doing that, she's like, guess what big fella. Yeah, you know in charge o. God, got the kids are going to get I've got to feed them, got to make sure they don't die. Yeah, that's big responsibility kids these days. So there was one particular time, We're about fifty minutes into the expedition of me parenting solo, and I went, look, I can't do this anymore. I need to go to the toilet. It just sort of hit me. It must have had a coffee and just went bang, I've got to get this out tonight.
Speaker 4: I man, isn't coffee just one of the Gretst cleanses, isn't it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Coffee is like, hey, what are up to you? Gosh and TV. No, You're going to the toilet right now. I've decided. And just before I did that, a lot of my four year old said I want some toast, and I said, just wait up a second. I will make you some toasts as soon as I'm done with this, yes, And then she said how about I make the toast? And I went sure, okay, but my guess, look after yourself, be self sufficient.
Speaker 3: To tell everyone how old lot is.
Speaker 2: Just four, Yeah, it did strike me as well that she's never made toast. No Anyway, long story short, I was finished throughing my business in the bathroom and I came out to something that absolutely shocked me.
Speaker 4: Okay, can I just hold you there before you tell the rest of this story. When you said you finished doing business, we all know in here and no, but that can take anywhere from fifty to forty five minutes.
Speaker 2: I promise it was quick because I was on the clock and I knew that a bunch of kids out there up to all sorts two notes. So I came out and the first thing that I saw, which was probably an image which is really being going to shock me for the rest of my life, i'd say, is Lotty and also my one and a half year old somehow up on the kitchen bench next to the toaster. And what was in Lotty's hand was a knife getting ready to dig out the toaster from the toaster.
Speaker 3: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: So at that time and I just had this sort of moment. I was like, oh my very goodness. And the first thing I said was freeze, don't do what I think you're about to do. The floor is lover, but also the floor is lover, but also I don't want to get that idea in your head of sticking a knife in the toaster. So I said to her, did you put that in there? Said no, no, no, but Cliche was about to took her off, and then she ran off and I was like, oh, do I even say to her you should don't ever do that to put the idea on her head.
Speaker 4: Well, it's difficult with Lotty because everything's back to front day one percent. So everything you say don't do is a challenge to your four year old.
Speaker 2: One unless you're like, do please do this? Yes, and then maybe like okay, I've turned the corner and she does it. So I was like, oh gosh, we do it, just don't feel ideas in her head. And then Carra came home and I ended up going for run and then I almost had to stop midway running. I was like, I started thinking about it. I'm like if I was like thirty seconds late, oh my gosh, or what for whatever reason she got that idea of the she jammed the knife and then toaster, and then I was like, oh my god, is this one of those moments. What if my one and a half fie old sonny, what if he sheammed the knife then toast?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 2: Oh I makes you feel sick.
Speaker 3: It's awful, isn't it.
Speaker 4: But the lesson here is four year olds and electrical appliances shouldn't be left unsupervised.
Speaker 2: Yes, one hundred percent. Also, ladies and gentlemen, pray for me because I know the kids and my wife in the car right now, she'd be hearing this story for the first time. It doesn't help. Let's do this yah hard to make up what we said that it's Melbourne stinks, meln steck, Melbourne stinks and the prices will blow your socks off.
Speaker 4: We went to Melbourne for a couple of days and don't get me wrong, love the sporting aspect of Melbourne. But some of it I could take or leave, Like the moment that I nearly stepped on a dead.
Speaker 2: Rat, yes, which was as big as your foot.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Would you inform me because I said, if that thing had popped all over my shoe, I would have thrown out my shoes.
Speaker 3: And you said, you can't pop there.
Speaker 2: You can't pop a rat. Okay, it's not like squishing a spider foen abusing the phone lines.
Speaker 4: So anyway, there are aspects of Melbourne that really really suck, and one of them was we went just for a very casual lunch, bit of thy food, and we walked away, and because it was a public holiday, there was a search and it was two one hundred and eighty dollars, which nearly brought me to tears.
Speaker 2: And we just assume that you accidentally went to some super fancy restaurant, which you can do when you don't know what's doing in Melbourne. You can end up in a really really fancy place. You thought I'd just get a stock stand of time. It turns out it cost you over nearly three hundred bucks.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that the first era was we went to South Bank. So that's that class a very classic expensive area.
Speaker 2: O south Bank. Oh okay mate, I'm a North Bank operator, Yeah, but you are. A Reddit used a shared a photo of a receipt from Melbourne Airport revealing a total of forty six dollars at fifty eight for a very very stock standard meal. So we're talking a ham and cheese toasty yep, which should cost you six bucks. I reckon if from the local deli that costs fourteen dollars fifty with an additional And this has got people really really grassed up. Two dollars fifty charge for a single slice of tomato. Oh okay, I'm mad. A medium almond milk at Latte costing eight dollars fifty, a stone wood paler which cost it fifteen dollars, and then a little six dollars and ten cents church charge applied due to Anzac Day public holiday. My very goodness.
Speaker 4: Well, my question is why are you having an almond milk law Ta combined with a stone and wood parlor?
Speaker 3: That's great?
Speaker 2: Who's mixing milk with beer?
Speaker 3: Who's mixing your coffee with a beer.
Speaker 2: That's where you went wrong.
Speaker 3: I think that's where this goes. So that's forty six dollars fifty for that little meal. I don't know, but you know what.
Speaker 4: I also take unbridge to people who complain about the cost of things at airports, because you know what you're going to get, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: If you know, if you've left your snacking too late and you have to eat at the airport or you have to have a drink at the airport, you're in trouble.
Speaker 2: I won't say exactly where it was, but remember when we were you were part of this. Remember a few years ago when we used to have to stalk ISAAC rankin coming in from Gold Coast, so in ISAAC Ranking when it was announced. So he announced that he wanted a trade to Adelaide. So we were like, oh great, now we have to camp at the air waiting for ISAAC Ranking. For what was a month, every single day, every sports journal was camping at Adelaide Airport waiting for him to come in. And it was only we worked out there was only one flight that was coming in. It was like the three o'clock three or.
Speaker 3: Four o'clock in the afternoon from the Goldie.
Speaker 2: Yeah, from Jeed saw something directly from the Gold Coast, but he could have come from Brisbane, who knows. So we will earn a lad to just turn up this one thing. And I ended up getting the stage where i'd be like the first sort of week I ended up. I found out I was spending about sixty five seventy bucks each and every day at the airport, true story. I was taking out mortgages to pay for my time waiting for ISAAC Ranking. And he wasn't turning up by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then because it was late in the afternoon by this stage, we were like, oh God, I want to go.
Speaker 3: And get a beer in a book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we do that, and we do that and we go cool, We'll just go and you know, we'll just go get a beer. Yeah, maybe something to wait and you're like cool, Now that's twenty eight bucks AND's like, oh, my wife's going to kill me.
Speaker 3: She's going to cut off my allowance for the next week.
Speaker 2: So the key message is just don't need airports. Is that what we've gone?
Speaker 3: Take ziploc bag full of snacks.
Speaker 2: No one's going to jackle thirty morning.
Speaker 7: The following segment is the mature audiences only and may contain how to all content, graphic language, and nudity, not that you'll see it if easily offended, well, you're about to find out just how easily your father. He's only money Jody and haz six for.
Speaker 2: Joe as a pornography and things he is. I'm going to hand this over to you. What if you got first this morning?
Speaker 3: Love what you do this? I love when you do this and say how you take care of this?
Speaker 8: Run it?
Speaker 3: And then you throw.
Speaker 4: Me so hard under the buck as a woman who loves pornography, Joe, do you take it away?
Speaker 2: What have you got because us wholesome figures. Okay, we're very, very uneducated in this space.
Speaker 3: Well, let me put this back on your favorite pawn genre.
Speaker 2: Ooh god, oh god, thank you, wow wow. And it doesn't feel good being on the other end of it. Doesn't know. I'm not a genre guy. Sorry I should say that again. I'm not a porn guy. It's a confusing this conversation.
Speaker 3: So very confusing, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Okay, did you know, my good friend that tan lines is a legitimate porn category. So this is just actually a really dangerous and alarming trend. You see girls getting around maybe with the strapless top now and they've got the thin white lines through their points arend at the moment, I don't know. I don't know, and like I don't want to go all Aunt Jody on you. But when I was younger on the Gold Coast, I would lie in my backyard and Babe dows douse myself in a gallon of baby oil and lie in the sun. And I've got so much sun damage on my chest. I can't begin to tell you it is, like it is for your longevity. It's not good not to mention the skin cancer risk. Anyway, back to porn. So if this apparently is a thing, you can google it and say tan line porn, thank you very much and upper pops. And also there's also girls producing. You were saying in this because as a fellow porn enthusiasm dirty Bird prod you, Molly, this is like people are going to get spray tends with the lot Oh my gosh, so they.
Speaker 9: Wear their bikini in there and then get the tan over the bikini. Yeah, get that look smart, which is kind of smart.
Speaker 4: Well, it's smarter doing it that way. There's low damage than lying in the sun like.
Speaker 3: A little pigan and rotisseri based in baby oil.
Speaker 2: This is crazy and such aggressive news for me, not just a tanning thing, but also like this whole pornography situation, if one was to do, I don't know, some sort of research, what would be the best spot to.
Speaker 4: Go to and which computer I don't know, which workplace I don't know, mate, I'd be.
Speaker 9: Honest, my computer's pretty compromised.
Speaker 2: But the best thing about that, now, produce mo is you could genuinely look at pornography now and be like, hey, guys, it's just work. It's just work, just doing some research, not the.
Speaker 4: Quick question without noticing what's that? What's that tanning that some boys like to do paranem.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no, tan lines are made very very even. In fact, the strangest area is more tan than everywhere else. Could you believe that he sort of fades off as it gets to a chest?
Speaker 4: You've taken the instruction to salute the sun very seriously?
Speaker 2: Indeed, exactly is there a genre for that? Taking a flight from one city to another, whether it's work and especially if it's a holiday, should be a very very relaxing, positive experience.
Speaker 4: I feel like the only flight where things go pear shaped here in Australia is like Melbourne to Balley. That's when things often go wrong. They call it the Bogan fly.
Speaker 2: Yes, and isn't the most the loosest flight of all time the one from wherever it is in England to Betha or something. Oh, there's one of those sort of party routes which is notoriously loose.
Speaker 4: Well, let's add Philadelphia to Chicago to the list, because a female passenger on Southwest Airlines flight four one eight from those two cities allegedly strip naked and wait for it, defecated on her seat.
Speaker 10: No that's one number one rule on flying. Don't defecate on the seat, don't do yourself. I can't stress that enough. No to my kids all the time.
Speaker 4: So Southwest Airlines confirm the incident, stating that police and medical personnel were called to handle the situation.
Speaker 3: The aircraft was taken out of service for deep cleaning.
Speaker 4: Cleaning this for that, because you don't want to be in twenty eight f after that woman has been in that seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a couple of things take from it, though, I'm so thankful she did it as a plane was landing, not taking off.
Speaker 3: True.
Speaker 2: True, And also I did like the statement that Southwest Airlines put out there as well. Nothing is more important to Southwest than the safety of our customers and employees. And we appreciate the professionalism of our flight crew when they were cleaning. Shit. That last bit wasn't in there. Let's talk communication via the telephone. This is an outrageous statistic. Five percent of people say they're afraid of phone calls, that is, having a proper conversation on the phone. So that means Gen Z and millennials they express more anxiety than millennials and they completely dread phone calls. So what they'd rather do instead is text. Yeah, It's it's hard to navigate this space as someone who loves a phone call versus a text.
Speaker 3: You love a phone call.
Speaker 4: I love to say so much to say you love it. I mean, sometimes I'm like, can you just text me?
Speaker 2: But what do you think that? Sometimes sometimes.
Speaker 4: Said no, especially when you decide to call me because this is your favorite thing to do.
Speaker 3: Is when you're on a run and.
Speaker 4: It's like, so theation waited by how do you think that the show went this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm like, God, the pounding as well the pounding.
Speaker 4: And also this is another observation of you, and don't take this personally, but I can tell when you're in channel seven during the day as opposed to when you're by yourself, because the way that you answer the phone is so vastly different.
Speaker 3: So if you're at work, you'll be like, hey, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Like that, But if you're in the car by yourself, you'll pick up the phone and you'll be like.
Speaker 2: That work, I'm like, oh, there is call on one of his mates again. Instead, I got to disguise Hello, it's Andrew speaking. As soon as I get outside, what's going on?
Speaker 4: Oh sor I think, and this is very unfair to all my friends and family, But I very much depend on what sort of mood I'm in if I want to text or if I want a phone call, and it's up to you, as my friend, to ascertain what sort of headspace I'm in, and you then need to decide you're.
Speaker 2: The kidding Do put that sort of pressure on me? You think I'm intelligent enough to work out exactly what's going on?
Speaker 3: That's a good point.
Speaker 2: No, wait all see with most blokes and especially myself, I just got to be straight down the line. So look, I've got to go. This not a good time for me. Don't want to talk or text me or something like that, and I'll go. I'll take it personally, sure, but I need the message to live it like that.
Speaker 3: Your mates, you do they like a chat? Or are they texted?
Speaker 2: It's fifty to fifty are open because there's a lot of mates that you speak to and yeah, they just won't pick up the call. Yeah, And I take it personally. When you call someone they text.
Speaker 3: You back, Oh god, you're a sensitive little I'll look to.
Speaker 2: Call someone and they text you about like sorry, miss your call. What's up? No no, no, no, no no no, that's no call for a call.
Speaker 3: That's your cues.
Speaker 4: This is what I'm saying. That's your cues that you need to pick up where you need to go. Okay, that person's obviously not in the mood. Don't take it personally. It's just the headspace that they're in.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably, It depends as well on how old you are. Younger generations who grew up with texting and instant messaging may have less experience with phone conversations, leading to discomfort or anxiety. Don't know how to wrap up a conversation. I still don't know how to wrap up a conversation.
Speaker 4: You don't You always a talk for hours? So, Molly, you're a big voice memo check, aren't you.
Speaker 3: I'm obsessed. It's the best way to communicate. But that's like, isn't that like?
Speaker 4: It's like when my mum calls me and I can clearly see that there's a miscall, which you'll leave them voice message anyway, just say hi darling, just calling.
Speaker 3: For a chat.
Speaker 4: I'm like, guess mom, I can see I can see the miss call, So that, to me, a voice memo is the same as a voicemail so different.
Speaker 3: Why a memo?
Speaker 9: You just hold down that button and you could talk for five minutes.
Speaker 2: How do you do that? How long do they usually go for?
Speaker 9: It depends what it is, and it depends who I'm talking to. But I probably have maybe four or five friends that I do back and forth memos with. It's great because you can just do whatever you're doing, reply when you need to. You listen while you're doing your dishes or whatever to their five minutes, and then you go back with whatever you have to say. It's a phone call with convenience. What do you mean you have a conversation on the problem If I can't talk for an hour, which is what it usually is with certain friends, but I've got thirty minutes. I can just get out all the facts I need to tell them. Then she said this, Then this happened, and then it's done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well do you know what's convenience about that? You don't have the awkwardness of knowing when to wrap up the conversation. That's true.
Speaker 3: That is quid.
Speaker 4: That is quite frankly, the stupidest thing I've ever had.
Speaker 9: The people be with me on this.
Speaker 3: Okay, you sure, yeah.
Speaker 2: You will put it out there. Yeah, you want to put out there by the phone line or the text line if you've got thirds thirteen twenty four ten by the phone, or text us O full double O nine one nine nine one.
Speaker 4: Nine ironically text us to say how much you hate having phone calls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's outrageous, isn't it? Are we done? I don't know when to wrap themselves?
Speaker 6: Easy? There she is.
Speaker 2: Look at you like stretching, flexing in your tank top.
Speaker 3: I just okay. It's because I hate losing.
Speaker 4: I hate losing, full stop, and I hate losing to you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're aggressively competitive, like two compete if in this space, we probably need to talk about it after eight o'clock, but right now it is what's the score? What have we got? Six to five? Oh my gosh, it's in my favorable boy, our boy, it's close.
Speaker 3: Isn't it? Okay, you're nervous.
Speaker 2: Look at you. You can't even do it. We're just so nervous, a cootpetitive.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's rip into it. Let's go to Daniel from Langhorn Creek. Are you choosing Daniel?
Speaker 2: I'm on to Danny way interesting.
Speaker 4: Kiara from Parry Hills West Hike, Kiara, you got stuck with me.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, babe.
Speaker 2: No I told you that's all good.
Speaker 3: That's a whole, a whole level of misguided faith. Okay, it's six, it's.
Speaker 2: Close, Yeah, all right, yeah, alright, here's the deal. A few orchestral songs. We've got to guess them, and whoever wins, either Daniel or Kiarra will score a Wallace Cinema Family Pass. Produce E Molly does a very good job in the space. I think what producer Molly has learned is that you're going to be really, really aggressive, and yeah, there's gonna be people making all sorts of crazy eye contact and maybe threats, et cetera. Just ignore it and be very very precise with the song titles and artists.
Speaker 9: All right, let's keep yourself.
Speaker 10: Here.
Speaker 6: That's great question, no doubt.
Speaker 11: Uh, just a girl, he's got it. It's controversial because that is not just a.
Speaker 3: Girl just to be loved.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, so the orchestra.
Speaker 12: Both of the orficers spoken about luck.
Speaker 6: Right, move on?
Speaker 2: Do we just move on?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Was that right though?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Great?
Speaker 3: Oh so did you want me to sing it?
Speaker 2: That works? That actually works nice. All right. See, this is what happens because we're not allowed to check the button because you're not how to find out the songs.
Speaker 4: Interesting because I would argue that that orchestral version could have been lose a week as well, so you know whatever.
Speaker 2: The chestral version was.
Speaker 3: Anyway, let's go.
Speaker 2: All right, Song number two, boy boy, I hope this works, do you know?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: This is Nelly Hotten here, Nelly Hotten here.
Speaker 8: Correct, she's done it.
Speaker 3: I should have been in her.
Speaker 2: That gives you an extra that gives you an extra half point. I reckon. Okay, all right, here we go. Last song ye ready to go?
Speaker 3: Is that to be loved from Lizzo?
Speaker 6: It is?
Speaker 2: I can't do that? What are we doing? No, we can't. Are we going to do this? We're just going to call it a draw this way.
Speaker 3: I always want to give it to Jody because literally.
Speaker 2: Was like literally was like, oh gosh, and I hear where the stuff up has happened here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I didn't. I didn't know that the stuff that was going to be song three.
Speaker 5: It took so long to work it out even knowing, but this.
Speaker 2: Was the first one as well.
Speaker 3: Listen, I'm happy to call it a drawer.
Speaker 4: I'm happy to call it a draw in the interest of being magnanimous and also fair.
Speaker 3: It's a draw.
Speaker 2: This week, we get it. We're got to starting. Hey, Daniel and Kiara, congratulations guys, you both got a family pass.
Speaker 13: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: You're saying, okay.
Speaker 2: That's how it's done.
Speaker 3: This is where you thank me for.
Speaker 2: Being actually sorry, sorry, sorry, That is not how it's done at all. Next week for a much better version of Songs and Song Song Songs, Jode's let's talk communication styles. And I've got to say you're very very good communicator.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: Sometimes a bit wordy, but very good communicator.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: When you say sometimes I'm a bit wordy, do you mean I use big words that you don't understand.
Speaker 2: There's big wordy words. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that is very true. Sometimes I reckon. Maybe at least once a day, you'll say something and I don't know the word that you've used, Okay, So I will then spend the next sort of five to ten seconds trying to work out what that word means in relation to the rest of the sentence. And usually I can work it out. Okay, I spent too much time working out that word instead of just listening to the sentence. But hey, communication, baby, communication a man? How about this? A study has found that women say over thirteen thousand more words per day than men sorr at average. That's twenty thousand words they used earlier. Why of course men take away thirteen thousand. That's seven thousand per day. Researchers suggest that this difference is linked to brain structure and communication styles, with women generally being more expressive and social.
Speaker 3: Okay, can you explain something to me as a man? Right?
Speaker 2: Probably can't if we're using words, but I'll give.
Speaker 6: It a go.
Speaker 4: How many times a day? And let's presume Kara is not listening right now? Is she talking to you and you are genuinely not soaking in what she's saying?
Speaker 2: Yeah, look, I've got to be better at that because she can tell straight away. It's an ability within three or four words, I reckon, she knows when I'm not paying attention.
Speaker 3: Isn't that so funny?
Speaker 4: Because and this is where it's so unfair, because why, I'm the same with my husband. I can tell, I can start a sentence and go he's not listening, Yeah, he's Or I can get midway through a sentence and he's walked out of the room.
Speaker 3: So why is the onus on us to read when you're not in the moon to listen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's strange, isn't it. On top of that as well, she's tasked with so many conversations with our kids one and a half, four year old, a seven year old. Sometimes a four year old be like mom, mom, I had a dream about a dragon. And then she walk off and then Carl has got to absorb that information. She's taken it all in. Yes, it's an aggressive way to absorb it. There it is. There's a lot going on.
Speaker 4: Do you know why why the kids don't come to you and go dad, dad, Dad had a dream about a dragon? Because even they know even a four year old.
Speaker 2: Nurse listening, that's not listening. Wait, what what did you dream about? Here's the other thing about men as well. We don't know. I don't know why, but when we get given key pieces of information, sometimes it just gets lost.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: I feel like this would happen a lot with you, and maybe it happens a lot with you, Producer Moly, with your beautiful boyfriend Jeremy. A situation will happen where For example, I don't know, Carl will say, hey, how's Paul going on work? And I'll be like, Paul, No, you got sacked like four months ago. You'd like, what's huge news, and I'm like, yeah, that's start up at HK. She didn't have, And then I'll try and gas lighter. She'd be like, you never told me that. I'm like, yes, I did. I did straight away. I just sort of turned into this little mid jit. I don't know what I'm saying, so I'm like, oh, no, I didn't say that. Sorry, I forgot to give you that information.
Speaker 3: You're actually the worst at bearing the lead.
Speaker 4: You are so bad at not telling me things that you know I'd be so fascinated and interested in. Instead, you'll just tell me about how fast you have splits wear over your ten k run, whereas I'm like, but you ran into that person.
Speaker 3: You didn't tell me every single word that they said.
Speaker 4: My husband's the saying like he'll play golf, say with his brother or his dad, and there'll be something going on in their lives and I'll be like, hey, so what's going on with da da da and da da da?
Speaker 3: And You'll be like me no, no.
Speaker 4: I'm like, what do you mean me me, no, no, And he'll be like, oh, we didn't talk about it.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you.
Speaker 2: Spent six hours together. How did you not talk about that bloke's operate? How you got some good news for you? We're for ten go run. I'm gonna be a bit late that sorry, because I ran into Tom Cruise and we went and had coffee. Let's talk about possibly the most competitive man on this planet, and that is our boy, Jason Horn.
Speaker 3: Francis sibly other planets also.
Speaker 2: I would back your beat against all the other parts too.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So he had a situation on the weekend where he's been sort of criticized. Well, he's also been heavily defended because apparently his old club North Melbourne targeted in pretty heavily. They're pretty heavy on the lip all day and Jason lost his standma yeah, which is fine, and yeah, so he went a little bit coco bananas on the weekend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's okay. Look what we did learn is that it's probably better in a situation to be having to pull back a youngster because he's two competitive versus not competitive enough. That's a pretty solid narrative as well. I did get the chance to release it this story yesterday, a bit of a private photo shoot that we did with Channel seven and Jason. So Jason comes down and he is covered head to toe and sweat. It's like someone has poured a bucket over him. Yeah, and he's agitated and he's angry. Yeah, and Jamie's like, oh my god, what's happening here?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And it turned out he was furious and he was in a bit of a headspace because he had lost the game of table tennis to Wilm Drew. It's bull crap and all this kind of stuff. So James like, right, Jason, go have a shower. Yeah, think about it, come back and let's do this shoot. Yeah he did it. And I feel like that's a competitive juices that you want from a football Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, We've all been there though, haven't we? On thirteen twenty four ten. What do you get actually embarrassingly competitive over?
Speaker 2: Is it something like songs? A song? Song? Song?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, your personality changes are for a loss. And sometimes we've got to sit there and be like, what's the next fifteen minutes is going to be? Like our boss, Josh is laughing in the corner because he knows it. He knows it, he's lived it.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you laugh for a start, you might you might be my superior. But I won't tolerate that in this studio. I resent that I don't really change. I do change a little bit. When my husband and I play that you know, that air hockey game.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that is infuriating in an arcade where you're like, because you played obviously very good ice hockey player, he gets white line fever, and then because I want to beat him at his own game, I get white line fever and get to the point where.
Speaker 4: You hands smashing against the park and there's blood everywhere.
Speaker 2: It's not It's good, isn't it. I haven't told him this, but my brother in law we took our boys bowling the other night and they were having delightful time. Little did he know that I was winning in bowling and I was placing that particular moment as the most important moment in my life. Yes, that I kept the lead and eventually won, and you sweating like a pig.
Speaker 3: How old would the children that you beat?
Speaker 2: No, I beat the kids with him. So my brother in law right and he was hardly trying as well. But I'll tell you what I was putting in the three hundred and two percent.
Speaker 3: I bid you were made.
Speaker 2: It's very satisfying for me when I went as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah I can. I have seen you, I've seen you win, and you're not humble in victory.
Speaker 2: Oh no, no, no no, I took the shirt off. Wa around if his arm's all over the place.
Speaker 3: Let's go to Tana in Ranella.
Speaker 12: Good morning Tana, Good morning Jerdye and hazy, and how are we on this fine Tuesday morning.
Speaker 3: I'll take you what do you get embarrassingly competitive over?
Speaker 12: Well, first, I'd just like to say that Francis is an absolute legend and a superstar and he can do whatever he likes.
Speaker 2: So tood cool, good coll Yeah.
Speaker 12: Sersonally, it's uno and I just can't. I just I have to win, and I'm super competitive. So I was saying with my seven year old, and I was just winning my back to bag. It was like amazing. I was living my best life. And then one time she dealt the cards and I got like all seven of them out in a row. She didn't even put a single card down, and she started bawling her eyes out, She's like why God, and then she ran away and I was like, you know what, why because second place and I'll just dance around in the lound room. It was brilliant and amazing. Make it traumatized forever. But you know what, if she wants, you know, if she wants to be have a competitive is she just go alone from the best. That's me and.
Speaker 10: That's thun Francis one hundred percent so true from the same class.
Speaker 4: Last called fifteen years when Tana's daughter sits in front of the psychologist and said, there was one time my mum played me and she beat me so bad she was running around the lounde room. So that'll be fine, She'll be emotionally stable, don't worry about it albums at all.
Speaker 2: She just refuses to participate in sports because she's scared of coming second, which is actually still a pretty good result. Thirteen twenty four ten. What do you get stupidly competitive over? U? Missus Adelaide's favorite way to awaken? Thirteen and twenty four teen. We want to hear from me, what do you get stupidly competitive over? He's stopped the back of our very good friend Jason Horn Francis, who clearly has this competitive street. Yeah, that's so aggressive. That's sometimes it needs to be pulled back. Yeah, we love it though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he was absolutely assuming that he lost a game of table kennis, but he had to go and have a shower and calm down.
Speaker 2: I had to walk a couple of laps and just really sort of reset himself. Yeah, that's our coach. Sometimes it happens. We'd love to hear from me. THIRDA and twenty four ten. I've got to play football out central Districts with a couple of twins who are quite well known in sample circles and probably brought it as well, And that is Chris and James Gowns. The are the two most competitive blokes that I ever met in my life, with each other, with each with everyone, but especially with each other as well, which often comes with twins that they say, yep, I remember, it must have been my second, second or third session, and we'll do a one cares and it must have been the second or third one car and I'm running on the outside and it's the last lap of probably the third ones. Everyone's absolutely buggered and I've taken I think it was James on the outside. I took him right at the end and he tried to nudge me just before the finish line into the fence.
Speaker 3: Is it training?
Speaker 2: This is a training? And then when that happened, I was like, I'm not going to stand down here. So we went well because I was like, well this is maybe this is a bit of a test. So we went at each other and we're pushing and shoving and everyone's carrying on, and eventually got separated and I sort of walked off. And as I was walking off, I was like, oh my god, what have I done. It's like my second session on trying to five blokes. They're going to get rid of me anyway. Stuey Cochran, who's an absolute champion of South straight at footy, he came over and he's like, hey, hey, roy as in the coach just saw that and he loved it. He loves that competitiveness. Really, twins were maniacs.
Speaker 3: Didn't you say that a really good way? They punched on at halftime several times.
Speaker 2: My first game, the first game I ever played, at halftime, they got in a fist bite with each other. We're still winning the game too, by the way, so that's what we're talking about.
Speaker 4: It's amazing, good morning stuff. What do you get embarrassing competitive.
Speaker 14: About morning guys? I get embarrassingly competitive about almost anything, literally, anything like little things at home. It can be cooking food for our kids, like me versus my husband usually, or like I even versus my husband or anything like you were at that arcade, I have to try and beat him against late in anything.
Speaker 3: Do you know what's a good one? Is that basketball one? Oh man? That gets willing to.
Speaker 14: I love that one. I'm so good at that one as well.
Speaker 2: Hey, Stephanie, do you get your kids involve as well? Like? Do you guys cook and say right, who did a better job here? Mum or Dad?
Speaker 14: Usually I don't have to they'll they're very vocal about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, And so it's mum that wins. Yeah, usually I would be happy to let dad win that game. Kids, that's a better cook. Thank you, Steph, Thank you so much, Sandy for the morning.
Speaker 6: Hi.
Speaker 4: What do you get overly competitive at frying eggs?
Speaker 5: My mum always says I can cook a perfect fried egg with like a yoki. Oh my, I'll end up going through eight eggs just for an egg.
Speaker 13: On talks.
Speaker 5: The pan, like, I'll lose it. I need the perfect egg and I'll call my mum up literally in tears, being like I tried. I tried to, Like I can cook the perfect egg. It's an I lose it.
Speaker 3: It's a g Zandia. What does the perfect egg look like for you?
Speaker 5: Oh, it's like add white bit and like a running orange puitful. Ways, God, I have a good gig.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: The amount of satisfaction you get from when you pierce an egg and the running oak just runs everywhere all over your toast is something that you can It's really hard to describe, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Xandia.
Speaker 2: It's just perfection.
Speaker 5: And my poor kids, I'm a single mum and have got nowhere else took legs and I'll just be like, that's a minute, it's gone there like seven more eggs.
Speaker 2: And it'll be there minutes. I'm stopping such a perfectionist. It will never end as well. And not just sibling rivalry, but rivalry with your husband or wife. You've just got to win. And that's a really really good space to be and for the kids when mom and dad are trying to do a cook off featured every night.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so true, Andrew has when communicating one key letter can make a major difference.
Speaker 3: Count it.
Speaker 4: So my thirteen year old at the moment has decided she wants all the nice things in life, so she wants to get a job.
Speaker 2: I could own her. Yeah, thirteen, it's probably times she grew up to be honest.
Speaker 4: It's so true, because don't start ragging on her. She's already recovering from what you said about her yesterday.
Speaker 2: It's called feedback sweating. Take it into your working life now.
Speaker 4: So we've had a situation with Peyton where there is one particular word she misspells all the time and it can mean everything.
Speaker 3: It is a game changer.
Speaker 4: So we had a scenario where she was trying to organize a play date with one of her friends and she messaged the parent on behalf of her dad and she said, Hey, Saturday is great.
Speaker 3: I was going to get my dad to massage you.
Speaker 2: Yeah geez. And that's the issue, isn't it? Because knowing what I know about Greg, it makes sense. Can you stop offering up your dad for goods and services matter?
Speaker 4: And so that was like we thought we'd learnt from that mistake. We really thought we'd moved on. But the other night she sat us down and gave us a presentation. She likes to do PowerPoint presentations when she wants to get a point across about what she wants to do. Because she wants a job, and she wants a job at the local coffee shop on the corner called Nathaniels. Right, so she compiled an argument as to why she should be able to work at Nathaniels. Of course you have to be fourteen, so she's got six months to wait, right, But anyway, she said, step one in Peyton getting a job.
Speaker 3: Dad needs to massage Nathaniel.
Speaker 2: You're going to find your strakes if you to take the next step and laugh. Dad's very very good.
Speaker 3: I just said this visual.
Speaker 4: I've been walking down to the coffee shop and going, hey, Nathaniel, my daughter wants a job.
Speaker 3: Oil or no oil at the bat skinny laugh.
Speaker 6: I think I need to know.
Speaker 9: I need to know now.
Speaker 3: I need to know.
Speaker 12: I need to know.
Speaker 2: I need to know what in the news today to know this is what.
Speaker 3: You need to know.
Speaker 4: What you need to know with Jody and Lady Lady Gadda feels like she's been around forever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hasn't she. She's just been so consistent.
Speaker 3: So very consistent what she actually saying?
Speaker 2: Is it even poker Face? Who's to say, mate, that one particular moment, like what she's saying something different than poping Face.
Speaker 4: It's a bit like, gosh, it's a bit like Papa Face, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Anyway, she received an award, and basically it was like a lifetime Achievement award, and she said she was very very grateful for set award, but also that she wasn't quite sure how she felt about receiving it at thirty eight years of age.
Speaker 3: I have listened.
Speaker 13: I don't know totally how to think about this, because winning an award honoring my entire career at thirty eight years old is a hard thing to get my head around. On the one hand, I feel like I've been doing this forever, and on the other hand, I know I'm just getting started.
Speaker 2: Even though the world might.
Speaker 13: Consider a woman in her late thirties old for a pop star, which is insane. I promised that I'm just getting warmed up.
Speaker 2: So what do you take from that?
Speaker 4: Well, I take from that, don't write me off. I take from that, don't be ages by saying that just because I'm in my late thirties, I'm done.
Speaker 2: And but that's what she's saying. But do you feel like the people who gave it water, like we'll just try to recognize you from being awesome. Yeah, we weren't saying you were done now you're old.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think she's firing broader shots at the industry for because let's face it, most pop stars are like, you know, they start in their teens, don't they.
Speaker 3: They look at Brittany, Yeah.
Speaker 2: One hundredercent and even like Justin Bieber, Justin Bieber had to reinvent himself.
Speaker 3: He was thirteen or something when he started.
Speaker 2: I was so young, and he sort of got himself into the spot where he was. He was this kid who was a little bit lame. He had to reinvent himself and then what do you mean came out? Everyone's like, oh my gosh, I think he's cool.
Speaker 4: He's actually really good. But there's a danger in that too, starting them too young. Do you know a child star or a child pop star that's in a healthy headspace.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, it's not good, not good for development.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: On the flip side of that, people who start really old. There's some fun stories with that produce them more so.
Speaker 9: Ricky Gervais he got made redundant from his job in.
Speaker 3: Radio at thirty seven. Oh he then thought, oh I'll give comedy a go. Yeah right, good.
Speaker 2: Ricky worked quite well for Ricky Gervais.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a fair way to reinvent yourself, isn't it. Yeah.
Speaker 9: Network of One's sixty mil see really a bit better than radio. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I sort of lost a job around that age.
Speaker 2: Oh, there you go. I'm not worth a hundred and sixty milis it's comedy? Next up.