Speaker 1: Really it is so time for it.
Speaker 2: Let's go girl, all right, this is the segment where we talk all things female.
Speaker 3: But also.
Speaker 2: We like to get the input from the male species every now and then, in the form of Andrew Hayes as well.
Speaker 1: But we've got producers.
Speaker 3: Zoe here, good morning.
Speaker 2: In her twenties, very career driven, but also in a new relationship.
Speaker 1: With young Alex who we all love and a door. That's right, that's me in.
Speaker 3: A nutshell, oh Alex mates, Now, yeah, everybuddy's right.
Speaker 2: Abby from the newsroom in your thirties, happily single, happily single, has a picture on going back to the X when she shouldn't.
Speaker 1: Anyway, we're getting that just at the moment.
Speaker 2: Me married for a million years, second marriage, four kids, blah blah blah, et.
Speaker 1: Cetera, et cetera, queen of their own.
Speaker 4: Three very different stages in life.
Speaker 2: Did you just tick my divorce? That ding wasn't It's pretty bloody painful at the time.
Speaker 3: But anyway, emphasis on chic chat, Andrea, that I'll do.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're having a chat about all things female in the office the other day, and you and Abby just.
Speaker 1: Went to each other heads ahead and we had to prize your apart. Got really willing, didn't it?
Speaker 4: Two rams just going at it?
Speaker 3: True, except it was me lovingly stepping in trying to protect her. So yeah, Abs and I were talking about being friends with your ex and where do you can And it started because Abs, you're single and you're you in contact with a couple of exes. And I jumped in with my very firm belief that if you're single, you cannot be friends with the X because you'll never move on. And I got us talking more broadly, once you've got the partner, are you still friends with exits? Where does it go? What does it look like? And got it was a little more complex than we expected.
Speaker 5: It really was, wasn't it. I sort of did this whole.
Speaker 6: Maybe there's a bit of a sliding scale, like you know, if you're texting and hey, how you going blah blah blah, that's fine, but obviously catching up when you get with a new partner probably not.
Speaker 3: Okay, Yeah, that's right. And for me when I started seeing Alex, he was really good friends with these X they've been together for years and family friends before that, so they caught up quite regularly. But then naturally, as time's gone on with Alex, they just have stopped catching up but still friends.
Speaker 2: Did that was a natural progression for him to stop talking to her?
Speaker 1: Or was it you stepping in going, oh, this makes me unco I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't. Personally, it doesn't bother me much my teeth, It doesn't really, because I'm friends with people that I used to date, so I understand that that's possible. You know, like, that's okay.
Speaker 2: So you said a bit contradictory from you. Then if you're friends with people that you used to date.
Speaker 3: No, no, not close. But I stand by that. If it's actually up to the new partner, if the new partner has issues with your friendship with the ex and I want to set some boundaries, that's their call. And if you choose the friend or the new partner, that's also yours.
Speaker 4: Do you think it's okay? Do you think it's okay if a new partner's like you cut for your ex completely.
Speaker 2: I don't think that's okay. I don't think it depends on I don't think any human being has the right to say you can't talk to enough. And I think I think for you and I hazy because we've been together with our partners for so long, we're in a different phase. I'm completely and utterly comfortable in our relationship, in our marriage, in our family that I'm like, oh, well, if you want to chat to some chick that gives you something that I'm not, whatever, go and do it.
Speaker 1: I just do it. Doesn't bother me.
Speaker 5: As well. You said.
Speaker 6: You said Zoey that Alex was family friends with her. That's a little ball park as well.
Speaker 3: So it was just someone and it didn't mean much. Sure, it wasn't long way.
Speaker 4: Ever, now yeah, family friends. What's going on here? It's not a cousin or anything.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're not she is from what do you? What do you think?
Speaker 4: I think yes, if you've got the next partner and you've got kids together, absolutely I think that. Yeah, that's completely different. I've got friends like that. I know people who are in that situation and it's important to have a friendship. But yeah, not for me. Yea friends with the ex because it's just I think as well about their current partner, because it's just you would feel weird for everyone to be involved and genuinely be on board with having a genuine relationship with your ex, where you catch up just for no real reason. That seems a little bit strange to me, but I know people, maybe people are more progressive than me.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's a good point that you raised, and I never thought i'd say that. But if you've got kids with them, of course you have to have contact with them. And it would be utterly ridiculous for someone to say you can't have contact with your ex if you have a child together.
Speaker 1: It's ludicrous.
Speaker 6: A few differing opinions here today, Well, we like it.
Speaker 1: We love it like a bit of ram butting.
Speaker 4: Who's got the correct opinion?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 4: So out there isn't okay to be friends with your ex?
Speaker 1: Britin What are your thoughts? Can you be friends with your ex?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 8: Hi, I'm I was married for thirty years to my previous husband, and when he met his new girlfriend, he actually bought her to me and said, on the quiet, what do you think? I was more than happy to give my opinion because I thought she was beautiful and I knew that she would make him happy. Every relationship breaks up a reason, a season or a lifetime, so true, and ours lasted for thirty years. And I think that might be a lifetime for us. I'm still very good friends with him. Twelve months ago I found out that I had cancer and he was the first person I told, after my husband, my current husband.
Speaker 4: Yeah wow, so that's obviously have it like a giant connection with someone for thirty years.
Speaker 1: You can't. You can't.
Speaker 2: Can't just a raise, No, you absolutely cannot. And yeah again, I admire people.
Speaker 1: That have solid relationships with their age. I hope it's okay.
Speaker 4: So and when I talk about things like my well, let's call them insecurities, they're through relationships that have lasted like a year, maybe two years. It was a thirty year, yeah, lastship. It's a different story.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, Die, good morning, good morning. Okay, can you be friends with your ex?
Speaker 3: You think?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, why not?
Speaker 10: An ax is an ext for a reason.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 4: That's a strong, well worn worded, straight to the point answer from Die.
Speaker 2: Okay, Die, yep, fair enough, thank you. Okay, let's go to Adam. Good morning, Adam. Can you be friends with your ex?
Speaker 11: Like you said, it all depends on the circumstances, but you can. You know, my partner eight years ago, she had a child with another man. Yeah, you know, at first it was a bit funny, but you know, I said to him, We've got to become, you know, somewhat amicable for this child, because I'm going to be a stepfather. Yes, and eight years later we have a great relationlationship. He's one of my best mates. He always comes around our house. He helps out and any man that can come to someone else's house and he used to love that person. See another man father his child, respect that and help out, tip off to him.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wow you Adam.
Speaker 4: Well done, Adam, Adam, can you just keep quiet, please mate, because there's all these ladies in here, and probably my wife listening is like, Adam is such a better person.
Speaker 11: It was very hard at the start. Yeah, the instinct in me wanted to just yeah, yeah, get rid of him, but you know it was for a better course. It wasn't about me or him. It was about our beautiful daughter that we share.
Speaker 2: Now think I'm going to start crying, and honestly with my hand and my heart, Adam, I admire you. I admire a man that can put aside their own stuff for the sake of the children. I think that's incredible, So well done you.
Speaker 11: Sorry, GIRs, guys, we have we have five beautiful kids now, yeah, amazing, Yeah, it is good.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean there's good news. You've won a family past to pick up. I just don't know if it covers five.
Speaker 11: That's all right, thank you very much.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're welcome.
Speaker 1: Thanks to you call.
Speaker 4: There we go. What a beautiful human is?
Speaker 1: Suddenly the chick chat community all loves Adam.
Speaker 4: Good chic chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I loved it.
Speaker 4: Divided opinions, but like we're somewhat meet in the middle, and that is that Adam is a beautiful person.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that's the thing about chick chat. We can disagree, but we all respect each other.
Speaker 2: And if you've been waiting to skip to school holiday crowds for your next trip, now is your chance.
Speaker 4: Take a sneaky weekend with what if dot com?
Speaker 1: Just imagine all those empty.
Speaker 4: Beaches forcodidation and more on the what if that happens?
Speaker 1: What if it's aussy for travel?
Speaker 12: He's what you're waking up to, Adelaide.
Speaker 9: What's the news today?
Speaker 4: Snooze News just beautifully condensed three stories. Because there's so much going on, we thought, what are the hot topics that you need to know? You can't possibly know at all because there's too much information.
Speaker 1: It's information overload. When you turn your phone on in the morning, you're like, it.
Speaker 2: What do we even start? You start right here with Avy in the newsroom.
Speaker 1: What you got apps?
Speaker 5: Good morning, and we've heard of mad March.
Speaker 6: Now it's out of control October Okay, that'll work for now.
Speaker 4: It works.
Speaker 6: We have so much happening from today. So you've got is Asia Festival kicking off. It runs through until November fifth. You've got everything from dance, films, theater, music events. There's just so many events that you can go to, and I really do urge people to get out there and go and try something new. But the one that really gets me going is the Lucky Dumpling Market is back. Cannot wait and we all know that I would do anything for a dumpling.
Speaker 2: So we were expecting a delivery. You promised us dumplings yesterday.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: You were like, hey, guys, I've just got to go into a quick interview, don't worry, we'll get some dumplings after that.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah. And they arrived and tell everyone what, Yeah.
Speaker 6: So I thought we were getting dumplings, but they were candles. What are they called pork buns? So there were candle versions of a pork bun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I ate one.
Speaker 5: The wick was a bit chewy, wasn't it so chilly? Yeah? Anyway, So Lucky Dumpling Market is back.
Speaker 6: I will be there literally all day, every day, eating as many dumplings as possible. So come say hi. No, they're not paying me for that. I just love dumplings. Also, we've got the Adelaide Fashion Festival, which kicks off tomorrow. This blows my mind. There are so many events on and it's for three days, so it's tomorrow through till Sunday. There's high teas, there's starling sessions, long lunches. It's just phenomenal to see. So get around Adelaide, get out there, go and do some new and cool things. Yeah, this is a time of year where Abby also goes to events every single night, and then she comes in grumpy in the mornstams.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Mate, you've been eating dumplings all day and then you've been going watching fashion breads, So shut up.
Speaker 6: Correct, I didn't get into that to eleven o'clock last night. I should have no voice.
Speaker 4: Did you smoke? Two hundred.
Speaker 1: One, Oh good girl, thank you during responsibility of course, and smoke responsibly as well.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 4: I should say okay, I didn't know that was a slogan visitor out.
Speaker 2: Speaking of food, Sarah Lee, the iconic Aussie dessert company, has collapsed into administration.
Speaker 1: That is very bad news for Sweet Tooth.
Speaker 4: Wow, what's up with Sarah?
Speaker 1: Sarah has just had enough of making cheese cape.
Speaker 2: She's like, I can't make any more of these by hand, so everyone has to start doing it themselves, and Sarah's gone, I'm going to take an early retirement.
Speaker 5: They've been around since nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 2: It's outrageous, isn't it created in Lisa Grow, Lisa Roe, even in New South Wales. But it's a bit worrying because they employed two hundred staff and so they've gone into administration. So hopefully they can find a buyer and those people can continue to live work.
Speaker 1: Love Sarah Lee.
Speaker 4: That was literally that was so the fancy brand growing up, so she the Apple Prieze and stuff. Mum and Dad got Sarah. It was like, what's going on?
Speaker 2: That?
Speaker 4: And streets of Vianetta were.
Speaker 1: You like, Oh, Dad's cheering on Mum?
Speaker 4: Oh dad's drinking ground lago. What are we celebrating?
Speaker 6: I did have one brite with Sarah Lee. They stopped making the banana cake and that was like so good they stopped making it.
Speaker 2: I was trying to think what was the go to Sarah Lee when we were kids, and it was the chocolate Bavarian?
Speaker 1: Can you remember?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, yeah, really good stuff.
Speaker 1: Learn to make your own.
Speaker 4: Nice little trip down memory lanes, isn't it? Good stuff? Was essentral all right, just quickly. Of course the tripeo had wrapped up yesterday. It goes for too long, way too long, because yesterday was moving day, the last day. You could condense it from a week and a half into three days. Yes, there's so much stuffing around, too many coffees, and then finally deals get done on the last day. Wade and I said, what happened in the sabaatic leap? So he's going to be at Port adelaide as his Brandon Zurich. Thatcher Xavier Dursmer is off the Essen. For the Crows, they didn't do a whole lot. They got to Shane mccaddam for some picks, et cetera. They didn't get Harrison petty because he's still on contract, got two years of the DS. He's not going anywhere. But pretty much everything went where it was supposed to go.
Speaker 2: So this time last year, you and I were sitting at the airport a lot waiting for several people to come and arrive. When you go back to work at Channel seven, after you have your little mass leave oppaternity leave, you're going to be waiting.
Speaker 4: For We're not waiting for anyone now because everyone's done. Last year, were waiting for Josh Duncley.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 4: And then I saw him so randomly, obviously because his partner he resides in Adelaide. Yes, I saw him at a cafe in West Croydon. This is weeks after the deal. Was thatthing? I went after him, a mate, You've had no idea how long we spent waiting for you at the airport. He was like, oh yeah, I came in early and left late.
Speaker 1: I'm bloody perfect. That's so Adelaide though.
Speaker 2: Like when you want to see someone you don't and when you don't want to see them, oh there you are in the cafe.
Speaker 4: It's like, oh my god, I don't want to see anyone. Oh bloody hell, he comes Paul McCartney the six fifteen machine.
Speaker 9: Quiz.
Speaker 1: Yes, this is how it works. We have three questions.
Speaker 2: If you get the third one right, you get a crack at the vending machine and so many cool prices. Hazy this morning, Amazing Amazon, Amazing Amazon, Alexa Echo Pop smart speakers to give away valor Adelaie five one hundred tickets, picks our parts all there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, just please avoid the chips. Yeah, for goodness sake, if it's the last thing you do, just avoid the chips.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Lee in nor with good morning, Lee.
Speaker 9: Good morning.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling? We're really well. How are you?
Speaker 10: I'm good too?
Speaker 1: Thank you. Did you go to sir Paul McCartney last night?
Speaker 10: I didn't. Friends of mine did.
Speaker 1: And they had a good time. Yeah, sure, amazing. All right, did you get that first question there?
Speaker 11: Lee?
Speaker 10: No, I didn't. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: That's okay. I'll lead you in beautifully.
Speaker 2: Which major music stuff performed in Adelade last night to a crowd of just eight thousand.
Speaker 1: Okay, one down, two to go? Ques to do? What film series? Is this theme music for.
Speaker 4: Ringing in your bells?
Speaker 8: There?
Speaker 4: Here it is here we go down five seconds to go. You gotta guess in three.
Speaker 7: For that.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately not It's okay.
Speaker 2: A lot of pressure live on the radio, especially when you talk over it like that's very.
Speaker 4: Annoying because the words are about to come with a Let's go to Michelle from Mount Barker get Michelle.
Speaker 1: Michelle, do you need to hear that music again? Or are you across it?
Speaker 10: I'm not sure?
Speaker 8: I think Jedi broadly though.
Speaker 1: What's the what's the franchise? Michelle?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 5: Very nice?
Speaker 4: Specific?
Speaker 1: Okay, right Michelle, for a crack at the six fifteen vending machine.
Speaker 3: Question three?
Speaker 1: What is Homer Simpson's beer of choice?
Speaker 9: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is going to hurt your soul. You'll hurt your soul.
Speaker 10: Actually it's red, so.
Speaker 8: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Molly from Morson Lakes, Good morning to you. Okay, Molly, do you know what Homer simpsons preferred beer?
Speaker 1: Is that? Yes?
Speaker 4: For you?
Speaker 2: Molly?
Speaker 4: Well done?
Speaker 2: All right, Molly, I just need a letter between A and C please, B and a number between two and six. Let's sick, okay, B six please? Vending machine fire up this morning, let's go.
Speaker 1: It's Thursday.
Speaker 4: Oh oh, really straight.
Speaker 1: This morning, Molly. You never quite know with the machine crawling the weekend, what's gonna happen? All right, don't be the chips. Don't be the chips. Don't be the chips.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, Molly, you've won yourself an Amazon Alexa Echo Pops MT speaker.
Speaker 6: How good?
Speaker 1: Thanks to what was that?
Speaker 3: Sorry so much? I know?
Speaker 1: Thanks to Amazon Alexa you can easily listen to us at home with the Eco popsmarn't speaker, Just say Alexa playing.
Speaker 4: Over good stuffy Molly.
Speaker 1: Molly coming at the last minute, bank, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Sweept in real Stephen Bradbury visa.
Speaker 1: I love that from her.
Speaker 4: Right six fifteen venue machine. That's cracking again tomorrow at a round about six fiftys.
Speaker 1: We've done.
Speaker 4: Now let's catch up with one of the best recording artists in this country. See Oh Jose If you don't mind, there's just another Dean Lewis song that's reached a billion global streams.
Speaker 1: I set a billion, did you say, Billy?
Speaker 4: I said a billion? Oh my giddy aunt, yes said I say goodbye. I'm nominated for a Best Single of the U as well, if you don't mind, And what about this We're joined by the great man right now Dean lewis right, and the guts of the two or twenty four days in the US right now, the future is bright global tour. He joins, it's kidd a Dane.
Speaker 9: Hey, guys, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: How you doing, Oh, no worries. You know you're doing an Australian interview. When someone says right in the guts of.
Speaker 13: A tour, oh, I know, and I've been over here for a long time, and you guys sound so Australian right now.
Speaker 9: It's kind of a kind of refreshing accent.
Speaker 1: How's it all going.
Speaker 2: I was listening to a podcast the other day, Dean with Missy Higgins, who were saying that at the height of her fame, she did a US tour, but.
Speaker 1: She really struggled with it.
Speaker 2: She made it on one hand, but on the other hand just felt really lonely and isolated.
Speaker 1: How are you finding the touring experience?
Speaker 13: Oh, that's really cool, Yeah it is. I mean I've got a really good band with me and we're friends. They have my brother on the road, but it definitely is. It's a weird thing. I mean, this is my like sixth American tour. You know, I've done so many of them now, Like I think I've just appreciated that we're selling tickets and selling.
Speaker 9: Places out this time round. But it does get a bit lonely, and it is.
Speaker 13: It can be a bit exhausting because you're doing, you know, three shows back to the back, and then you have a day off.
Speaker 9: It's really travel day.
Speaker 13: And I know that's I don't want to sound like I'm unappreciated, but you know, you're doing an hour and a half performing every night, and the one weird thing is that you sort of spend the whole day waiting for this thing to come.
Speaker 2: Dean, there's a lot of doom and gloom on the internet, but I clicked on your Instagram and I'm talking to you now and I've chucked your follow.
Speaker 1: So don't stress about that.
Speaker 2: But there was a beautiful post with you and your ninety six year old Nan and you're walking through her house and hazy. He says, this is the spare room that I stayed when I had nothing and I had nowhere else to go, and Nan took me in. Oh my gosh, I nearly teared up about that, Dean. That was just so gorgeous. Your Nan looks adorable.
Speaker 9: Oh she's looking great and she's just the best. Yeah, it was a weird time in my life.
Speaker 13: Like I think it was about eight years ago, and I was on the edge of like I felt like all these great opportunities to pass me by, and I felt like I was in the edge of like failing in my life.
Speaker 9: And Nan I had.
Speaker 13: I think I had ten grand and I moved in with my nan to save money. I left my apartment, I quit my job, and I'm like, I'm going to give this thing a crack. But I found out now my name told me when I was over there a month ago. She said that she was calling my auntie because I was in there writing these songs in this little spare room and she thought I kind of sucked, but she didn't want to tell me because you know, when you're writing songs, kind of it's kind of awful. And my auntie told me that she called me and go, these songs. It kind of sound awful, but I don't want to tell him, you know, because it did. When you write songs, it does kind of sound awful. And then it all happened. But she was always very supportive of me, and she never told me that it sounded awful. She said it sounded great, and she was there for me to really im polling times. Man's the best Noline.
Speaker 4: Mates Beeg shout out to know a Lane, shout out to Lean, how absolutely gorgeous. Mates. We're about to play your brand new single trust Me mate, so off the upcoming third album. Can you take us through it from your words because this has got a really really strong message.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: So basically, you know, I had a big hit song four or five years ago called be all Right, and I'm like, oh man, my life's changed. You know. Then COVID hit after I toured the world, and then I came back and nothing was really working, none of the songs were connecting, and I'm like, oh did I I genuinely was like I missed my moment, like it's done, you know, and I thought it was all over.
Speaker 9: And then I had how do I Say Goodbye? Come out a year ago. All of a sudden, Wow, the shows are selling out again and I'm back.
Speaker 13: And I think it was a really weird period of my life, you know, up and downs.
Speaker 9: Where am I in my life?
Speaker 13: And a lot of lessons And I think I had really good friends around me at that time in good support system, and it was kind of about telling myself, you know that you've got this and having friends that would kind of support you with those times. So I kind of read it about that and also about me helping some of my friends in my life. Kind of combined all the stories into one, and so that's what it's about.
Speaker 4: Just quickly on that as well. I mean I listened to it and straight away I got a connection. If it's through mates and mental health and all sorts of things, because us bloke in particular, we ain't very good sometimes at chatting and talking about our feelings on hundred.
Speaker 13: Percent yeah, And for me it's been like, you know, yeah, I've kind of worked through stuff on my own, but having those people to kind of like get to call up my best mate, all one of my brothers and just be like, how would you work through this situation or this is how it feels for me, what's your perspective on it?
Speaker 9: And just getting a bit of a different perspective.
Speaker 13: Really helped me go, oh no, that the glass is half full, not half empty sometimes and having those peel this to give you a little pepp up, you know what I mean.
Speaker 9: And I've always been quite good.
Speaker 13: At that telling my close friends how I feel and it's definitely helped me in my life for sure.
Speaker 9: And having talking to your mates is the best because they get the best advice, you know, I.
Speaker 4: Mean, yeah, they do. Mates. We appreciate your time, have fun for the rest of the tour and congratulations with the new single. It's absolutely amazing and people.
Speaker 2: Might know you as Dean Lewis from now on. You will forever be Noline's grandsons in our eyes.
Speaker 9: Oh, one hundred percent.
Speaker 13: I love it. You're a shout out to lean thanks to the chat guys, really really good questions.
Speaker 9: Appreciate it.
Speaker 4: In this space at Nova, particularly for us, we're all about learning and I'm just trying to understand jen Z. Sometimes it's hard with all these new trends and everything that's happening with the Hippen and the hoppin.
Speaker 1: So producers. We've brought you in to explain a few things. There's a new trend going around our generation. No, it is going for a walk. However it's taken a new spin.
Speaker 3: Ye, I don't actually know what that is.
Speaker 4: I go for hot girl walks, hot girl walks, so I can only imagine a hot girl workers when you just going yeah, yeah, excessive use of the hips, strutting like you're on the like genuine zooland how you run.
Speaker 3: Yes, what it actually is is a daily stroll.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Sometimes you can get a little bit hot with it. You know, you might wear a cute little bum bag, your little crop top.
Speaker 4: And always a hard drug dealer.
Speaker 3: No, and just go for a little stroller on yourghborhood. Essentially, hot is just a daily walk.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I've seen these girls and they have the hair done, and they had the like cap on, and then they had the little eaty bitty cropped up and a little itaty bitty bike shorts as well, and the designer runners and then off they go for their hot girl walk. I'm seeing it's good fitness.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's called being a hot girl and walking.
Speaker 4: It's called living your life and making the best of your life.
Speaker 5: Average girl? Can you so I'm going for an average girl?
Speaker 3: No, every walk is a hot girl walk.
Speaker 1: Oh sorry, apology.
Speaker 4: He's the newest one silent walking. And let's have a listen to American Maddie Mayo on tiktop on.
Speaker 1: Her name is Maddie Mayo, m.
Speaker 4: A Io bought Maddie Mao, hark.
Speaker 12: Me unintentionally starting a movement. It's called silent walking, and it's about to change your life. My sweet boyfriend challenged me to walk with distractions, and at first I was like, no, my anxiety and look the first two minutes or Mayham, the mind is racing.
Speaker 3: We're going to have anxiety.
Speaker 12: Something happens after two minutes where your brain just gets into this flow street.
Speaker 3: Everything is quiet there.
Speaker 4: Not me unintentionally starting a movement.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that is thirty seconds of my life. I'll never go.
Speaker 1: Look, I want to defend your generation because do be fair, it's the first generation that has come through that have always had technology, have always had earbuds, have always had music, have always had something playing in their head. So for you guys to shut down it must be a little bit difficult.
Speaker 3: Oh so difficult. You cannot blame the gen zet Is at all, you know we are that. You can blame the American ye letters.
Speaker 4: Okay, so there we go, So there we go. The American so Zoe is a representative of Aussie gen z Okay, can we isolate this to America?
Speaker 3: Gosh yeah, oh absolutely we can because We do all the obnoxious things too, we just don't post it on TikTok. You keep that with Imagine that coming out of my mouth, like not me unintentionally starting a movement.
Speaker 7: You know what?
Speaker 1: You know, what would happen to you if you send that around here around Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Oh my god, it gets like so hard.
Speaker 5: Gen zetters just think that they've started like everything.
Speaker 3: Because American gens, American Americans.
Speaker 4: It's the American everything. Yes, and in our day it was this.
Speaker 9: Veronica and I are training this new fad called jogging.
Speaker 4: Yogging.
Speaker 9: It may be a soft jay, I'm not sure, but.
Speaker 4: Apparently you just run. It's just different generations.
Speaker 2: I think gen Z think they started Paul McCartney to They're all at the entertainment Zen last night. Look at this new artist that was on with Kanye West and Rihanna, and.
Speaker 4: The reports are I mean, didn't play it very dare not play the song that launched him. You read Abbey joins us with a beautiful story from the Southeast.
Speaker 5: This is a little heartwarming.
Speaker 6: So this story came out this week Kimberly Clark Australia, which is essentially the toilet paper mill in millicent YEP, they have had their forty fifth person I think it was be inducted into the quarter century Club Bank. So that means that they have been at the business in their role with the organization for twenty five years.
Speaker 1: That's outstanding.
Speaker 2: And do you know what that says to me is that that is some really good management running that company one thousand, that many people sticking around for a couple of decades.
Speaker 1: They're doing something right to treat their employee as well.
Speaker 6: Exactly right. So they were responsible. They got through us through the pandemic. Obviously, the big toilet paper crisis. They had a record on one day where they produced one point two million toilet paper rolls.
Speaker 1: See that's amazing one day in one day.
Speaker 4: What about one of the rare companies or rare things that during the pandemic were like, how good is this in every alcohol company?
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone else's businesses are.
Speaker 6: Like there's one couple who've notched up fifty two years between them, which I just think is amazing because my parents had a cafe for twenty years and almost killed each other.
Speaker 1: So I was going to say my wife working together rough a lot.
Speaker 6: Anyway, So I just sort of got me thinking because obviously my generation were very much so we changed jobs, you know, every few years, Like I've the longest role I've been in was six years with the same company, whereas other you know, my grandparents would have been in the same role for their whole lives. So it just got me thinking, who in Adelaide has been maybe in their employment for the longest, Like, can we find someone do you have a grandfather? Is that you can we find someone who's been in their role for thirty forty years?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I love that it took you six years at that previous job before you lit a fire and left.
Speaker 9: Jobs.
Speaker 6: I was working in a pub, just a pub, geez, you would have done some damage. I used to do some damage at while I was working, but also when I was not working.
Speaker 4: Let's not going to details, but it was the same pub that we're all familiar with.
Speaker 6: Maybe and that's okay, Yeah, that's in her previous life that I don't talk about.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a lot of us sort of undercover drinks that didn't go through the tills.
Speaker 2: Maybe correct, unless she turned up to the pub to do her job. Is this is you when you were supposed to be doing gigs just would sleep through them.
Speaker 4: I set through it. I got promptly fired for that.
Speaker 6: At the through my obviously on Friday. But I used to be able to do three day vendors still walk up to work hard now, I.
Speaker 4: What about you, Jodes, You've been sort of being around Channel ten since a long time.
Speaker 2: Gosh, So I started there when I was all in my twenties. So I've been there on and off, like doing radio and doing TV for probably twenty two twenty three.
Speaker 4: And what do you get once you've been there for twenty years? Oh?
Speaker 1: Mate, they are desperately trying to get rid of.
Speaker 4: Me, and I just won't go furniture. This is far over the corner there. Producer Emily as well ten and a half year stint at Big W.
Speaker 1: So, folks, which department were you in? The lay by?
Speaker 2: Where were you?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Sorry, as I actually worked in pretty much every department.
Speaker 2: Oh, supervisor at the front of the checkouts, which meant I got to boss everyone around, which is not surprising what I do now, bossing you guys around.
Speaker 4: Very on brand for you, every single department. Jack of all trades, master of none.
Speaker 2: She made herself indispensable because she was good at everything. Yeah, that's what you got to do.
Speaker 4: That's good. Let's do that. Let's find South Australia's longest serving.
Speaker 2: Employee thirteen twenty four to ten. Please get involved this morning, and we've got some tickets you've way as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually we have an Amazon Alexa Echo Pop smart speaker.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And when I say tickets, I mean an Amazon speaker.
Speaker 4: Take your ticket and we'll give you this speaker. South Australia's longest serving employee. The beautiful stories about people have been there for decades and decades and you just hope and you assume that that has happened. That the long you're there, the more you get rewarded, totally, because if it's a football club, sometimes you've got to go somewhere else to probably get paid what you deserve exactly right.
Speaker 2: And it's a lost art I think for management knowing how to treat your employees so they stick around, Which makes sense, doesn't They treat them well and they stick her around? Productivity question. Let's find South Australia's longest serving employee. Jenny from Lyndon Park. Good morning, good morning, Okay, your receptionist at your work?
Speaker 4: How long, oh where do you work there, Jenny.
Speaker 2: Business advice okay, And so what do you get when you're notch out fifty years Jenny?
Speaker 10: Good question.
Speaker 8: I better ask the directors on that one work?
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, that's amazing. Is she always smiling?
Speaker 2: Like the receptionist in the Manchester United For Manchester United, there's been a receptionist who's been there for fifty five years.
Speaker 1: She was in the doco, the David Beckham Documentary.
Speaker 13: Yes, I saw that, saw that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And they said she was always smiling.
Speaker 8: He is always smiling.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that smiling for a chatting.
Speaker 9: A walk past too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'd be smiling a lot too. If I got to see the likes of David Beckham through the years.
Speaker 1: What about when they go, hey, Cass, did he ever get sent like underwear? And the Martins like, oh, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not talking about that, yes, and She's like, yes, I did send my.
Speaker 1: Julie good morning, good morning.
Speaker 10: How are you going good good?
Speaker 1: How long has the work have been at Woolworths?
Speaker 12: Is this you?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 11: It is years?
Speaker 7: Whoa I started in justice worked, Julie, and you survived the pandemic as well, the Great Toilet Paper Fiance.
Speaker 10: Yes, and also the Mince de Battle as well.
Speaker 1: Mince was was there?
Speaker 10: Well almost, Worke went as well as time pas.
Speaker 1: That's right. Do you know what I can't find at the moment, Julie, Turkey? That's Christmas sinn Christmas or but there's no turkey in the deli.
Speaker 10: Yeah no, no no, they tend to start bringing that out around Christmas.
Speaker 4: Oh right, okay, sorry, come on hey, Julie, before we let you go. The most ignorant behavior that you see at supermarkets?
Speaker 10: Ah, parbably people expecting you to be a servant.
Speaker 4: A servant service.
Speaker 1: That's not very nice. How have you found the introduction of the self service really good?
Speaker 10: Actually, there's a lot of people who like to zoom in, kick their head down, don't want to say hello, yeah, and a lot of people who like chat done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, something for everyone, absolutely, Frank.
Speaker 4: How long have you worked for at this particular business?
Speaker 8: Thirty eight years nearly thirty nine in two months time thirty nine.
Speaker 1: Okay, what do you do, Frank?
Speaker 9: Elevators?
Speaker 11: Yeah, I'm a technical field engineer with Shindler Lifts and yeah I'm National trevel Draws Radio.
Speaker 13: Where the other elevator.
Speaker 9: Problem I is to go help him?
Speaker 4: Very good, Frank, controversy. I'm glad you said shinder Lifts and not Shindley's List.
Speaker 13: Yeah, get that a lot.
Speaker 4: Yeahy Frank, are you South African as well?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 4: I am go the box.
Speaker 9: Yeah, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Sorry about my friend, Frank. My goodness, one more, Carly, good morning, good morning. Okay, where have you been him for? How long?
Speaker 13: ACTU know me?
Speaker 12: It's my dad.
Speaker 8: He worked his first job out of school at the age of fifteen and retired at seventy seven out age?
Speaker 1: And how long is that?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 1: Sixty two years? A long time?
Speaker 7: Right?
Speaker 1: And what does he do?
Speaker 3: Cally?
Speaker 8: Or he's retired now, but he used to work for zero so fixting photocopying machine.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a never ending job, yeap, isn't it?
Speaker 4: Gosh? It's like, what's a job that will never get replaced by AI or anything? Predicting printers? Oh my gosh. Battle You Love you'selving a little bit of a tangle there with the words, which is interesting on radio. But nonetheless we have arrived at Battle of the Bangers and our revealing songs for this week.
Speaker 1: You're getting yourself in a tangle with your words. We'll feature heavily in the diary this week. Don't worry about that.
Speaker 4: Forward to that miss I'm so flawless.
Speaker 2: No, I'm not, because I've missed a few things up as well, and I've just had you. Yes, I have what and I'm so rare and unusual crazy.
Speaker 4: Must be just one of those that must be a leap a leap week.
Speaker 1: Leap exactly right.
Speaker 2: Battle of the Banger is This is where we both choose a song and we're going to whack it on the Jodi and Hazy Instagram page. You just have to jump on and vote for your favorite. Then we'll play at eight o'clock tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, would you like to do the honors? What have you gots and set this up for us? Please?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 2: Well, this song is the anthem of my youth spent on the Goal Coast, and I love this artist so much. We haven't heard much of anything for in the last two decades. However, she did enough work back then to last herself a lifetime. It's from the album Jagged Little Pill, and it's called You Order.
Speaker 4: Know Here We Go. Yeah, it is a good song. Alanis was such a queen, wasn't she?
Speaker 1: Wasn't she angry angry bit to say sometimes bitter.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 2: It did remind me that I'm going to the movies tonight with my husband, but we won't be engaging in my.
Speaker 4: Very gosh, Alanis Morrison is no exactly.
Speaker 1: Suggested in the line from this song, but that's okay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, boy, oh boy, you said this is my theme on the gold Court Coast. I thought, oh, finally a bit of red food. I'm sexy and I know and you have a very different direction back to Atlantis.
Speaker 1: We did think were sexy when we went out when we were eighteen. Kid's surface.
Speaker 2: Wear like a little skirt and a little top, and you'd be like, oh, do I look a bit tarty in this? And all the other girls would be like no.
Speaker 4: You'd be like the other girls were like yes, You'd be like, great, that's what I'm going for, all right, what you got? I'm sticking on the nineties team as well. Cramby, is that you don't mind it's bad. It's almost like it was a pretty yodling happening in your song as well. If you do yourself a favored jump on YouTube and just type Cranberry's Zombie Live, it's like years and years ago. I reckon It's in front of a crowd about one hundred thousand people, one of the most beautiful and powerful songs performed live.
Speaker 2: We've gone very similar artists, very similar themes, very similar era, haven't we we have?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So big strong female voices love that.
Speaker 1: I guess what it comes down to is who do you like better?
Speaker 3: Folks?
Speaker 4: That's true? The Crabs or a Lance Morrisset cast your oats at Jodi and a hazy winning song. Tomorrow morning at the clock.
Speaker 3: What's the score?
Speaker 4: You're still winning? What is the score? I want a bit of a comeback, Charbo I won last week? All right? Can we make it to an a row?
Speaker 2: Could we?
Speaker 4: Who would have thought?
Speaker 9: You tell me you built a time machine.
Speaker 4: It's on this dasy Thursday. Strap yourself in because we are getting ever so close to the weekend. Oh wow, can you smell it?
Speaker 1: It's just around the corner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it smells like deep peat strange.
Speaker 1: Give you said far too long in rooms in your life.
Speaker 4: Smell a dva just makes me you want to go off. But he's just around the corner. What's happening? All right? Today's National Ride to Work Day, So get on your bikes and ride to work. I didn't. We're in doors skits. Eighteen seventy two, a two hundred and fifteen kiloed golden nugget was found in New South Wales. It was discovered by a German gold mine discovering a two hundred and fifteen kilo gold nugget. Whoa sheeez? I mean, just even just a fistful, like just a genuine gold rock, he'd be over the moon.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you see people down the beach with those little metal detective things, and I alwaysker, I wonder if I ever get anything going.
Speaker 4: So everyone, everyone bloody bottle cat in every single time the bottle caps, I no get you. Nineteen eighty five, Blockbuster Video opened their first door for business in Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 9: I've never seen ten thousand teaps in one store.
Speaker 4: It wasn't a fun end for blockbust laws.
Speaker 1: No, And everyone saw the writing on the wall, didn't they.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Fortunately. Nineteen eighty eight, Jimmy Barnes and his brother John Swan became Australian citizens. Gift to it gifted to us from Glasgow. Okay, that's nice, isn't it, Uly John Swan, I think a lot of people would understand that he's Jimmy Carter's brother.
Speaker 9: Yea, no, John Swan.
Speaker 4: His big claim to fame was he replaced Bond Scott in the band Fraternity in nineteen seventy five, and then Bond Scott's like, oh what am I going to do now? I'm in so much trouble? Book ACDC book landed on his feet number one song on October nineteen, twenty sixteen, closer by The Chainsmokers and Hawsey. The Chainsmokers, of course, the favorite band of Dan Andrews. He was recently packed sucking back on a dart.
Speaker 1: Matching durry.
Speaker 4: I believable scenes Dan.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine Dan just going up to the counter at Cole's just come and cart and of Winny blues things.
Speaker 1: Can you remember when they had ment thol cigarettes?
Speaker 4: I can't remember any of these things back in the day. All right, So I'm just about do it for us.
Speaker 1: Have you done today?
Speaker 4: I'm done? You're done.
Speaker 1: I'm done? Well, good bit of a shirtless running thirty degrees along the time.
Speaker 4: Sure be rude not to back on nine o'clock. Enjoy your day now. One hundred fifty thousand dollars pay your bills, Maddie's got your next Hopefully she takes care of you. This is Jody and Hazy on over