Speaker 1: Hello everyone, it's like a dip term. It's Mail and Monty here today as a weise. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Liked that one.
Speaker 1: Thanks bit edge to it. Tie everyone, It's Mail and Monty. Thanks for listening to our Lucky Dip podcast episode.
Speaker 2: Yes what have you got for me?
Speaker 1: So I'm going today Mail all right? And I was looking up I don't know how I got into it. I'm constantly thinking what little lucky dip things can we do? Because your brain is like an encyclopedia for useless shit. You can just rip one out of your dairy air. But I'm like, my brain's so intellectual and everything that it wouldn't be that interesting.
Speaker 2: Well I wouldn't disagree.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, anyway, I did a bit of a deep dive and I'm like, oh, there's questions to ask your friends. And we did this a little while ago where I'd throw some questions at you and you would answer them. I'm like, okay, I'm going to do some of those again where I just throw them at you and like these conversation starters for you to have with your friends, which is weird. I mean, if you've got to look at that, it's probably a bad sign. That things aren't going that well.
Speaker 2: But no, but sometimes, you know what, I think I've said this before. Sometimes at dinner time we do that, like I'll find questions and whatever, and I do it just to because I think we spoke about this in a past episode. How luck you feel like your partner knows you so well? There's nothing you don't know about each other. Sometimes shit like this can trigger stuff to talk about.
Speaker 1: Oh totally. It can lead to other little stories and stuff. Alo always asks for a quiz in the shower when you want it on, like Marvel characters or something like that. So that's how I think I stumbled onto this. Actually, I think I was looking for a quiz for him and saw these. Okay, so anyway, here is your first question. Okay, what this is a bit of a deeper one. What do you think you'll be doing ten years from now, so you'll be fifty.
Speaker 2: Five, I'll be fifty five maybe exactly what I'm doing now. I don't see that much of a difference. I hope I'm in okay health. My dad My dad died a few days before his fifty fifth birthday.
Speaker 1: Did he really?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's something about the age, you know, the age that your parent was when they passed away. There's something about especially when they're young. Yes, there's something about so young. Yeah it is, but I feel like it'll be very much the same. I hope I'm not as scattered and as like just running on fucking fumes like I always am. I hope I've learned to get past that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that's what I was Also just going back to your dad, it's very weird if we outlive the age that they were when they passed, do you know what I mean? Because because you look at them and they were always quite a lot older than you, where your dad's only when he passed ten years older than you now, Yeah, which is nothing.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, I also like, it's so strange to me to think because there was eight years difference between my parents, right, and to think my mum wasn't even fifty Oh my god, like she was in her late forties. And I'm like, it's wild to me. Really, Yeah, totally is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I always when I visualize the future feel like hopefully just less anxiety, more in control, less shit's given. But that has not Like from the last ten years, I am like probably in a worse mental headspace.
Speaker 2: I know, it's like it's gotten worse.
Speaker 1: It's got worse. That's what I'm like, Please don't eat double again in the next ten years, Like that would be disastrous.
Speaker 2: My god, what a nightmare. Disastrous for our partners.
Speaker 1: Oh seriously. But it's also if we're doing the same thing now, that would have been like seventeen years of this podcast. I wonder if that will actually be the reality or not.
Speaker 2: I think I mean in terms of like working and that sort of thing, like just the you know, but realistically my kids, well my kids still be at home. Probably not, Yeah, I know, isn't that odd.
Speaker 1: Well, Odie definitely will be here, be fourteen, ahlo, will be twenty, backs will be twenty three. Fuck a lot will change in the next ten years, that's for sure. Like hands down, let's.
Speaker 2: Just hope we're alive. Hey, oh, let's just hope the stars. Let's shoot for the stars.
Speaker 1: All right. Who was your first best friend? Do you remember who they are, who they were and are they still in your life?
Speaker 2: Yes, yep. I think my first best friend was Julie Parker Parkski. We went to well, there's actually two and they're both still in my life in a way that we catch up every now and then.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, yeah, but yeah.
Speaker 2: Julie and Kathy they were my two best friends from primary school. I always say to my kids a three a threesome in terms of friendship is never a great thing because it always the always.
Speaker 1: Girls always seem to gravitate to a three as well, and that it just never goes well because there's always a partner a to bitch with. One of you are always getting a bit left out.
Speaker 2: Yes, but no, definitely they Julie was at my wedding. Oh Jesus, yeah, yeah, yeah, we haven't. We actually haven't seen each other for about a year.
Speaker 1: Do you remember what connected you like? Remember when you're a kid, it can be just something so simple as they had a polly pocket and that was it.
Speaker 2: No, I don't remember that clearly, but I do remember. You know what, I remember making up a lot of dances. It's oh my god, birthday parties and stuff. Remember you make up a dance and then you have to perform it.
Speaker 1: For always, but you love it. I used to do dances with friends and do them in front of the school at assembly.
Speaker 2: Can you believe that all girls did that? At some point.
Speaker 1: My god, my sister was in a play at high school. She was in high school, and she did a song to Janet, like a dance to Janet Jackson. I thought it was the best thing I've ever seen. She taught it to us, to me and two other girlfriends, and we did it at school. And I remember watching the audience at assembly thinking this is going down like a fucking lead balloon. And I would have been about eight, because it was just there was one move that went too long, and I remember watching them thinking, oh, didn't feel this long in rehearsal, and they're thinking this is never going to end.
Speaker 2: That's the worst feeling. Like the minute you go, I've made a mistake.
Speaker 1: I've made a mistake. And there was no backing out. There was four hundred kids in the fucking hall watching us as we belted Janet Jackson on what would have been a little ghetto blast. I wouldn't have even been good sound.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, how ballsy are you as a kid?
Speaker 1: Oh mate, I can't even believe that I did that.
Speaker 2: Like it's so true when they say, you know, that's saying youth is wasted on the young.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, if you found out that I was going to die tomorrow. Oh god, Yeah, what is the last thing you would say to me?
Speaker 2: God? That is what a shit but good question.
Speaker 1: I know I thought the same thing. I was like, Wow, that's full on not something you rip out in like a five minute podcast. But anyway we find ourselves like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think the very last thing i'd say was I love you. Yes, And I'd probably say thank you just because like this has meant so much to me in my life, like show and Tell and then having like it becoming from a work things become a real friendship thing. I'd say thank you for that because it's meant a lot to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, that's nice, And that is actually exactly what I thought i'd say to you. Really. Yeah, but I guess at the very end of someone's life, what else is there to say, do you know what I mean? Like, of course you would thank that person for their friendship and tell them that you love them. Like I guess that's so it will lead you to say to nearly every single person that means something to you in your life.
Speaker 2: It's so hard. There's something about like I don't want to die tragically or anything, like I don't want it to be an accident. But the thought of when you are dying and then like how hard that is on everyone around you, having to like that moment you say goodbye is really it's horrible for those people. Yes, you know, like, yeah, I think that's a lot of the fear around dying, that thought of it's not even about you, it's the fear of life. I always think my kids, yeah, oh god, you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Another one of the questions keeping death, he related, is are you scared of dying?
Speaker 2: I'm scared. I'm scared of how I'm going to die, because I don't on a painful death, And I'm most scared about the impact it has on the people that love you, because I do have this sense like it's going to come out of nowhere, like it's say something like that, but.
Speaker 1: Which usually it kind of does. I guess, like even when you are sick, it's still always is a shock. Always I know, I know they died, even though they'd been so unwell for so long, it's still that shock almost.
Speaker 2: It's so true. But I think, like I try and hold on to this idea that there is something else that we go on to. But as I get older, I question it more, and I'm like, what if there is nothing? I know, we're not going to know until we get.
Speaker 1: There, No, and then what if we don't? I just I so often am like, but we are so different to our physical do you know what I mean? Like there's us inside this body, but then when the body stops, that part disappears. But does it go somewhere? Like people do communicate with the dead, like I do believe that. I don't believe everyone out there who's doing that it's a phony? So he is there something else? I know? Those people just not crossing over because of unfinished business or what is it? Like? What the fuck happens?
Speaker 2: I do think as well. I'm like, oh, all right, well then you know if there is another side or whatever, like why wouldn't people be coming back and seeing their family all the time or whatever? But I think it's like anything in life, like some people just have Like so if you die and you're able to communicate with your family in some way, maybe you just have some special gift like how some people can just draw for example, you know what I mean, that's just something special that you've got that you can connect.
Speaker 1: So yes, because some people do have that gift where they can connect with some people. So that's why sometimes spirits will go through really random people, like a friend of mine has has people will come to her to connect with other people. And it's only quite recently she's found out she's our age. But she would drink quite heavily because it would block it out because it was so constant. So she has been one of those people that has had to learn when to open herself up and when not to. And she's told me that my mum had come through to her, Like this was during COVID and we were doing pilates together. We rented beds and would do pilates on like Zoom with each other. Yeah, And it just got into a conversation and I'm like, if my mom ever comes through, And she's like, well, that's why I've brought it up. Did you want to hear from her? And I was like, oh my god, yeah, this is right. God, I'm going to get emotional now. But you know how she was really close with backs. I'm forgetting the terminology now, but she said she's saying something about the rat bags. Oh, and I forget my mom and I used to call them. It was either the rat bag. It was a word like that, and I don't like her language. It was so specifically her language, and she said she's saying that, so you know it's her, and I'm like, fuck, it's her because Timil and I am mates. But she doesn't know, like she doesn't know my family and she doesn't know the boys and didn't know mom. And I was like, shit, that's my mom, and she's choosing you and to connect to me, which is a very roundabout way to get through to me.
Speaker 2: But this person's obviously just a channel, yes, the channel.
Speaker 1: When people are channels. But it's been very hard for her because it's very exhausting and because she said, sometimes they're very aggressive and I don't feel like they're choking her.
Speaker 2: And imagine that would be like in a way that she'd like, say her connecting with you, the comfort that would give you, but also what a burden.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, such a burden. Because even for my mom, because she's like, no, it's fine, I'm open to her coming through. It's when they're aggressive and they're really full on. But she said it's very exhausting for her because I guess that they're using her. I don't know. I know a lot of people right now like what horseshit? But and to an extent I believe it. And to an extent I don't do you know what I mean? But then when you know somebody like her, I'm like, why would she fucking like that would be psychotic for her to be doing that.
Speaker 2: I just think there has to be there has to be something else out there. I've said this many times. Sorry everyone, but like when my dad died, it was such an immediate He's not there anymore. The body was just the body there that something had left. Yeah, And there's lots of you know, there's lots to say of you know, ice you nurses and stuff that say that there's this common thing of them looking up into the corner of the room like they're talking to people. There's Yeah. I listened to a podcast recently that was incredible about this lady that was in hospital and she was a patient in the ICU ward and the nurse was telling the story. The nurse was saying, how this woman she said, Oh, it's such a sad thing about that young man that died, And the nurses like they had a young guy had come in and died of cardiac arrest. And she said to the woman, how do you know that? She said she was like ninety years old, her door was closed, she was immobile, she wouldn't have seen anything. And she said he walked through my room. And she said she would see it often. The nurse said she didn't know if it was this woman that they were coming through her room, or it was her room was a spot where they were being called to leave earth or whatever, but she would like it became a thing where whenever someone died she would tell the nurse, and the nurse would check with the supervisor across the whole hospital and confirm, yeah, we did just have someone who died.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh my god. You can't remember the name of the podcast came here?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's called Spooked. I'll put a link in the show notes to that episode. But it's great.
Speaker 1: Oh good, all right, Well, I'm going to keep my other questions for another Police got plenty those up me sleeve. Get to know your friend better, love them. Thank you for listening to our patrons. Thank you get an extra podcast every two weeks if you jump over and grab a membership. Let's at about five bucks a month. Patreon dot com, Forward Slash Show Andale online, and we'll be back chatting to you very soon. Bye bye, love you,