Speaker 1: Jason on over one hundred.
Speaker 2: Well, good morning everybody, and welcome to your Tuesday. That sort of feels like Monday.
Speaker 3: However, oh my gosh, guys, nearly halfway through.
Speaker 2: The week, hottest day of the year in seventeen So hottes stay in the last seventeen years year.
Speaker 3: In seventeen years.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: So what are we looking at? Tops of forty five morning, Clint morning?
Speaker 5: Yeah, forty five degrees wow.
Speaker 6: So it was forty four and then the bomb revised it up yesterday to forty five forty five, and then there's some parts of stayed in the north that they're going to reach forty nine and potentially fifty.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 6: The highest ever recorded temperatures in Ollion. Back in nine it was like forty nine point two.
Speaker 3: Never heard of oyen Ollien.
Speaker 2: Now I know what it feels like to be a potato cake sitting in that little warm bay marine.
Speaker 7: Well you won't because you'll sit inside in their conditioning or day. You won't even step food outside.
Speaker 4: No, my kids will leave the doors open. You watch, it's.
Speaker 3: Actually even too hot to be outside.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's no way, I'm ventual concrete.
Speaker 3: On your little feet around your pool.
Speaker 6: It's it's gonna be it's gonna be gnarly. It's really hot there.
Speaker 7: And also make sure you leave some water out for birds and wildlife. It's gonna be very hot for I know I.
Speaker 3: Always don't you always think of the animals on days like that.
Speaker 4: You're going to say, guess a little.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 7: No, seriously thought not. I hate birds, but I don't want them to cook.
Speaker 3: It's going to be hot. Leave water out for the wildlife, possums and birds. Awful.
Speaker 5: I thought you were going to say, for that for your animals.
Speaker 3: Dogs and cats into wild She.
Speaker 4: Just doesn't want the wildlife dying in her backyard, so she's got to deal with it. That's what it is.
Speaker 7: I live in southar there's not much wildlife, but there are some birds of which I'm not mad fans off.
Speaker 4: But Melbourne, think of the birds.
Speaker 7: Don't take your dog for a walk today. People walking their dogs think about how it is on their little feet.
Speaker 4: Their pause.
Speaker 2: Like this morning, who's a baker at Baker's Delight by the oven?
Speaker 3: Shut it down.
Speaker 7: All the shops should shut at ten as well. Let's calm down eleven am.
Speaker 5: I think they do the bulk of their cooking like early doors. I think he's out of.
Speaker 2: There or they're not doing cinnamon scrolls after snap that's down.
Speaker 7: I popped down to the shell at the end of my street yesterday in preparation and brought some golden gay arms.
Speaker 3: For the freezer.
Speaker 4: Oh that's strong.
Speaker 3: I prepared for the heat in case everything shut down.
Speaker 4: You know what are we going to do in here?
Speaker 3: We're going to talk about the heat all morning.
Speaker 2: We're going to put a jumper on in here because I should have put the Ninja slushy in.
Speaker 4: We could have had that, hon and from seven o'clock.
Speaker 5: Hey, guys, it's a good day for tennis as well.
Speaker 7: Leave some water out for the tennis players. Think about the tennis players.
Speaker 3: It's a little bowl, seriously.
Speaker 7: I mean, and if you are going to the tennis, god speed that's.
Speaker 5: Going to be.
Speaker 4: Let's get inside that.
Speaker 3: Tickets to the tenants.
Speaker 2: We do, but it's for Friday. Oh yeah, Hey, can I just check they don't shut the roof?
Speaker 4: Do that? Yeah?
Speaker 5: They shut now, right, So shut made the decision yesterday to shut it.
Speaker 2: But isn't that an advantage for anyone that gets it?
Speaker 4: Becomes an indoor tournament.
Speaker 3: But only for the people playing inside, so the ball.
Speaker 5: The balls a little slower, it's not as fast.
Speaker 7: But then those people are like well rested, and the poor people are playing out seven they're nack it.
Speaker 3: They did cancel the wheelchair.
Speaker 4: Tournament all abilities day.
Speaker 2: Its way too hot. Hey guys, we're going to a massive show coming up today. Fifty thousand dollars cash could be yours at seven o'clock this morning.
Speaker 3: A new air conditioner with that oh.
Speaker 2: Whack inducting day whack inducting doll It's fifty k. That's a lot of money.
Speaker 7: And we've got to show open tickets into rod lay Marena for tomorrow Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Speaking of tickets, this man dropped his new single on Friday.
Speaker 3: How many times we're going to play that today?
Speaker 2: Forty Your chance to win ticket good tune to Harry Starles coming up later on this morning.
Speaker 3: Would give you a chance to win those dancing and I betha to this. Let's go at a club.
Speaker 2: Morning Melbourne, Harry Stars brand new music from him, and your chance to win tickets to see him live in concert?
Speaker 4: Are we going to do that later on this morning here at Nova.
Speaker 3: Brand new song.
Speaker 7: We just finished our show on Friday when that song was released, and geez, I've heard it a few times over the weekend.
Speaker 4: You're here and there.
Speaker 7: Remember we had a girl a girl on that was she'd heard it before it was released. All she remembered was that we belong together a bit and the first time I heard it after.
Speaker 4: That, yeah, yeah, yeah, there it is there. It is actually going to be a warm one today. She's a warm one on.
Speaker 3: Saturday, Saturday, Sunday and you know it's weird.
Speaker 4: Sunday, Sunday two.
Speaker 5: They all rolled into one on the weekend.
Speaker 4: I was out of the mortielec Fair on Sunday afternoon. I feel what was that? Like a homemaker's fair? No, like rides and stuff.
Speaker 2: They do it on the foreshore there just a mortialect was for Archie, my four year old's birthday.
Speaker 7: Oh oh he's four now only Oh my god, he's finally.
Speaker 4: He's been upgraded from a baby. Baby.
Speaker 3: No he's not. He's a kid now toddler.
Speaker 4: He's a kid.
Speaker 3: He's a child.
Speaker 4: He's a child.
Speaker 7: Calling him a baby go to school, it's not a baby. So he's just skipped top this time. Next year will be starting school, won't he.
Speaker 4: It depends he's January. Baby.
Speaker 2: They say us boys, US boys aren't great. You're better off keeping boys back a year.
Speaker 3: They say, you should have waited till you're seven or over.
Speaker 4: I should start at school now. It's one of a better chance.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it would have been hot down there. But it's so weird because are you watching the snowstorms in America?
Speaker 4: America? Snowstorms you've been under rock.
Speaker 7: It's like the biggest have you seen New York the biggest snowstorm, some of the biggest snowstorms I've ever had in some parts of the East coast of America.
Speaker 4: I did watch a little bit of Home Alone too. On the weekend.
Speaker 7: Well, I watched the NFL and that game in Denver. It was blanketed in snow.
Speaker 5: They even play in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, did you not see any of it?
Speaker 7: Oh my god, what extraordinary fair fully snow.
Speaker 3: No, it was yesterday, so it was Monday for three days.
Speaker 4: Or ride pass can take advantage.
Speaker 7: So we've officially got the Super Bowl lineup. But they played in the snow yesterday.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: Whereas back here we're cooking.
Speaker 3: Who you're backing for in the Super Bowl. I noticed your hat there.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 5: Very much for the question. My team, the Seattle Seahawks are in.
Speaker 3: My team in New England. Patriots are in.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, Patriots, Patriots, Patriots true fan, So you can you can decide.
Speaker 2: I'm a chicken wing guy, doesn't matter who plays on the day.
Speaker 4: There for the food.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 7: Hopefully it's not snowing for the Super Bowl San Francisco.
Speaker 4: What did you do on the weekend? Laren?
Speaker 3: I went to bet JUG's birthday on Friday night. I was so cast for lunch.
Speaker 4: First, did you end up at a bowls club?
Speaker 3: It was barefoot balls birthday?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Barefoot balls, barefoot balls. I didn't play a skirk of barefoot balls, but I was there in the clubhouse.
Speaker 4: Or was she like on the balls?
Speaker 7: She plays skirk of barefoot balls, but some people did.
Speaker 3: It's like pizza oven. It was great.
Speaker 4: No heels on the green, barefoot no heels.
Speaker 3: And then what else did I do?
Speaker 7: I went out to the tennis on Sunday morning, caught up with Paddy Rafter who gave us a bit of a BTS too.
Speaker 3: He's coming in this week.
Speaker 2: Actually, I saw a photo that you posted. Was that the tunnel walk that the players go through.
Speaker 7: The walk what are they called the Walk of the Champions? The chair they have it like those screens, it was it looked like the ocean.
Speaker 4: Different to the walk of shame you do on the weekend. Well, I did a few walks of shame on the weekend.
Speaker 3: Well, the ghost of Clinton down away was still lurking around.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I heard you did some of your finest work.
Speaker 5: With your brother, Piper bar Yeah, your brother was there.
Speaker 3: It out yet it's not about my brothers.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to take it. I've take a detail.
Speaker 7: As I left because I was looking after his nieces like it's time.
Speaker 4: Trying to come home.
Speaker 2: Was it a singles came on the weekend or do we manage to play doubles?
Speaker 3: I think there was some doubles, wasn't it.
Speaker 4: Oh, there's a been of mixed doubles. Certainly didn't go home with a trophy there.
Speaker 7: Shout out to your mixed doubles apartments.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, should thrill. I didn't get the trophy.
Speaker 4: How are you speaking the tennis?
Speaker 3: How are you you? You're sweating it out worse.
Speaker 4: Well, I went for a run yesterday.
Speaker 6: I just got the demons really really got to I'm like I've got to do something.
Speaker 4: I've got to go for a run.
Speaker 5: I haven't run for twenty four.
Speaker 4: Years, running from your problems, or exactly running from the shape.
Speaker 5: I ran about three k.
Speaker 3: Went running from your mixed doubles.
Speaker 4: Home hard to get away.
Speaker 2: I'd be hitting up with Shelready Express and hitting the frozen coke machine today. That'll get a workout, absolutely, Gods, speed to the man.
Speaker 4: Feeling that calm.
Speaker 2: We we're going for the hottest day in seventeen years, so get ready for Victoria.
Speaker 4: She was warm for a Straightia long weekend.
Speaker 5: She was, and she was a great Australia as well. I'm happy straight a to all who celebrate.
Speaker 2: I loved watching the footage of people that set up the giant slipping slides.
Speaker 4: Yeah right downhills.
Speaker 5: I mounted a campaign for us to get one in here on the balcony, but I think it's a bit ohs unfriendly like today so many level I.
Speaker 7: Mounted a campaign to do it from Jason's pool on some Lilo's he said, absolutely.
Speaker 4: Has been drained. That's we're cleaning it.
Speaker 5: Draining the swamp.
Speaker 3: Surely not. It was like, what happened? Did you break the class?
Speaker 4: If you break class, lost it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they you don't muck around with that. No.
Speaker 6: Speaking of Australia, we have a new Australian of the Year the Awards ceremony which is held each and every year in Canberra, and it is Catherine Banell Peg now Catherine Barnell Peg is a South Australia. She's also Australia's first ever astronaut, which is quite cool.
Speaker 3: We've spoken to her before we have.
Speaker 6: Indeed, you're thirty nine, you've got two kids, you've your own. What do they think mum's an astronaut.
Speaker 8: I think they think it's pretty great. Like they love going into the Astronaut Center. It's like a giant shed full of space mak ups. They call it the astronauts playground. But they're so young it was kind of normal. They were also really excited by the vending machine, so I think it's you know, they're young enough, their mum being an astronauts the same as mum doing any other job, and a lot of their mates at their school over there their parents were flowing astronauts, so you know, they were cooler than me, so that it was normal for them.
Speaker 7: But it's still a fun adventure.
Speaker 4: It's cool.
Speaker 7: That's a cool job for market job. So she won a Strain of the Year. There were some amazing people.
Speaker 5: That remember yeah, absolutely.
Speaker 3: And Ned Brockman, young Australian.
Speaker 7: He's nearly hit his goal of ten million dollars for homelessness.
Speaker 4: Good on him.
Speaker 6: There was actually a flashback I saw on social media from Grace time. Remember the selfie she or the official photo with Schomo and she says that the Prime Ministry of the day will greet each and every one of them at I think it might.
Speaker 5: Be Kirbilly hot the lodge at the lodge, sorry the lodge.
Speaker 6: I get the two mixed up. So this is going back a few years when she went Australia and she just and she's like full frown.
Speaker 4: And the world salty.
Speaker 3: That didn't happen again.
Speaker 4: I didn't know how to deal with.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, everyone happy to shake elbows here and also.
Speaker 7: Shout out to carry Bigmore who's done an amazing job for brain cancer research. I mean I was reading about all the nominees. It's pretty extraordinary Australians unbelievable things.
Speaker 4: While they go how to hit we're not on that list.
Speaker 7: And then I honestly was like, it's amazing if you read about this. I think there were seven nominees. They're all incredible people.
Speaker 5: For services to media.
Speaker 2: Jace God means raising how much for.
Speaker 9: Win?
Speaker 4: This round? Ned?
Speaker 3: Yeah, run around?
Speaker 5: It's just like it's running Perth to Bond.
Speaker 7: I remember then he did the Sydney Olympics in the track Yeah killed him? He said, Yeah, what's he going to do next?
Speaker 2: You've ever seen me run from the airc on of the house to the airk on in the car?
Speaker 3: Very Ned Brockman, I could imagine, very Ned Brockman like. Anyway, well done to all of them.
Speaker 7: There was only one winner, but they should have all won, you know one of those ones.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys coming up this morning, your chance to win? You wait to the AO.
Speaker 2: We've got fifty thousand dollars cash and we haven't mentioned it yet, but we got low announcement to make later on.
Speaker 5: Wow we do can I? I I've been waiting all my life for this.
Speaker 3: Me too, and it couldn't be more excited for you? Please?
Speaker 4: Where are going for? Tops of forty five?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 4: Crazy? It sounds silly, doesn't it? Seventeen at the moment, so when is it really hit? Well?
Speaker 7: Look at about by eleven o'clock, it's going to be well by mid date, it's going to be thirty six degrees, so it should peek at forty five around five pm.
Speaker 2: Though, I swear to God, if one of my kids leaves the door open today, I'm going to make them stand outside as a lesson.
Speaker 4: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Not great parenting, but you know, do you?
Speaker 4: So?
Speaker 5: The change, cool change won't hit until we're looking at it.
Speaker 6: And if you if you're talking about a cool change, it's going to drop from the forties to mid thirties at nine pm, so still be thirty five degrees.
Speaker 3: Twenty six at one am.
Speaker 4: We are not going to sleep tonight. Yeah.
Speaker 7: And also I know we're joking about it, but like, please check in on your older relatives as well. There's a lot of old people and elderly that aren't good with air conditioning and things like that, all the stuff. Checking on your neighbors. It's still around you. Do you think there's going to be scary forty five?
Speaker 6: Yeah, Well it's so dangerous. Do you think they're going to be many people on the road like out and about?
Speaker 4: No, it was dead the other day. I was on Center Roading.
Speaker 2: Bentley on that hot was a Saturday, hot Saturday was no one was around?
Speaker 3: Yeah, really hot.
Speaker 7: Yesterday I went for a walk and I was like a lot of people were settled inside in the air on I think or pool somewhere. It's I mean, it's a terrible day to be playing at the Australian Open as well. Can you imagine, Oh no, like we're a walking from our car to our house.
Speaker 6: Magic well, thankfully sports on all the roofed arenas. They're all air conditioned, so they're people playing outside.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 5: The extreme Heat policy kicks in and no games.
Speaker 6: It's something called the wet bulb index which measures the sort of the ambient.
Speaker 3: But that's only when it gets to a certain temper.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but they they will not start.
Speaker 3: So there'll be no games at all.
Speaker 5: Outside, there be no games.
Speaker 3: This is why they did opening weeks so there was room to move.
Speaker 2: Here's a question, who's got the worst job in Melbourne today? Thirteen and twenty four ten is our number. We spoke to a guy earlier. He was a baker at Baker's Delight by the Ovens.
Speaker 3: Back to shock up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean trade is to be tools down.
Speaker 6: What about our friends who work in pizza making pizzas by the big wood fired ovens.
Speaker 3: Have you even allowed those on today? Probably not.
Speaker 4: I'm like in a suburban shop you would or is it? I don't know. It doesn't stop a pizza oven, does it.
Speaker 3: I don't know. Are you not allowed to have barbecues and stuff?
Speaker 6: Well you're not all that because they're outdoors. But I think Jason's right because it's indoors, So.
Speaker 3: No outdoor pizza. You can't fire yours up at home.
Speaker 4: But you can't cook a barbie today now that you'd want to, I didn't think so. No.
Speaker 3: Thirteen and twenty fourteen total fireband.
Speaker 4: Who's got the worst job? Who's got the worst job? In the heat?
Speaker 3: I mean out up to the firefighters as well?
Speaker 4: That's I mean hitting yourself with the host.
Speaker 6: Do you think they'll be Whenever I was doing a hot day story in news, we used to go to the Melbourne Zoo where they'd feed the animals ice blocks with fishing them and that sort of thing. That's some of them make you want a fishy block, fishy as I mean, you.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't want to be a fisherman out on a timmy either.
Speaker 4: Oh no, forget about. I just checked the freezer. Here a nover. It's packed with zooper?
Speaker 3: Is it great?
Speaker 7: Don't you go hitting the sugar early though you're already scattery.
Speaker 6: Enough is a bit NQ twitch fidgeting and fidgeting and twitching all over the shop.
Speaker 4: Thirty four ten is out number. Give us a go. What are you doing in the heat today? Who's got the worst job?
Speaker 7: What about a baggy chandler at the airport?
Speaker 3: Forget about?
Speaker 5: You know what, it'll break anyway, the baggage belt will break.
Speaker 3: To manually do it.
Speaker 2: There's no way things to running that smoothly at the airport today?
Speaker 4: Want to be fun, fust drivers?
Speaker 2: You wouldn't want to get Oh I wouldn't be you know what, Get on at the back. I'm not opening the front door and having the air. Can't get out? Tap on, tap on, I don't care doors are open at the back. Thirteen twenty four ten? What are you doing in the heat? Just go on ten to seven. You're on the air with Jason Lauren clint here as well. Hey, you know when because she shut you down you ran into her in a bar in New York yep, you said, let's get a bottle of drink and she said.
Speaker 3: No, thanks.
Speaker 4: Was she pregnant?
Speaker 3: No, she mustn't have been. It must have been right before.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to help you out here. Maybe that's why she couldn't drink.
Speaker 3: No, because we're having to killer shots.
Speaker 7: Yeah you did.
Speaker 4: You did actually have a drink with it right?
Speaker 7: She was shouting into killer shots and then when I said, well, let me buy you a drink, she said. I think she thought I was going to buy her some kind of cheap, cheap to kill a nice one.
Speaker 4: That she was trying to take it.
Speaker 2: Little did she know thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We are talking hot jobs.
Speaker 4: What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Today's hottest job around Melbourne? Because it's going to reach five degrees?
Speaker 7: Also, you know what also would be hard because I reckon they'll be in high demand today working in a fish and chip shop over the open.
Speaker 3: Grill and the deep fry.
Speaker 5: Don't you think delicious though?
Speaker 2: To the uber drivers today delivering her greats because no one's cooking now.
Speaker 7: But also it feels like fish and chip weather doesn't help you see?
Speaker 3: What about watching.
Speaker 6: Lifeguards at swimming pools and down the beach as.
Speaker 7: Well, be busy, but that's not a bad place to be. It's dunk in every now and then.
Speaker 5: Well they allowed it unless someone's drowning.
Speaker 4: I think they've got.
Speaker 5: Up on their chair.
Speaker 2: You'd have a mate fake every twenty I get. Can you just say you've got a stitch and no one can jump off the tower?
Speaker 7: Cool Down thirteen twenty four ten. What are you doing today in this heat? Do you have the worst job ever? Jody from Melton?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hello.
Speaker 4: Jodes, Hello, are you guys good? What do you do for a crust?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 11: I work at a panel repair shop sixteen cars and stuff. So I work in the office, but I still have to go outside and take photos of people's cars that have been in accidents and stuff, and I feel more sorry for the guys actually doing the panel repairs. It can be seen in the warehouse.
Speaker 2: Oh so there's no tools down like at a certain temph.
Speaker 11: Yeah, well they all started at six o'clock, so I'm on my way there to start at seven. But yeah, normally normally they're open til four thirty, but I think they'll be closing up at about one thirty two o'clock today.
Speaker 3: Surely, absolutely ye. The garages are always they're all open on the side and stuff.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 7: They won't be doing much today, just popping in the office to check the paperwork.
Speaker 2: I was a jump on the weekend with the boys. Oh yeah, indoor trampoline places. No, it's like a giant.
Speaker 3: Shit, it's not egging.
Speaker 4: It's like a sweatshop. Yeah. Well they've got those giant industrial fans.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, but even going to cut it.
Speaker 2: No, even on Saturday, don't work down. We shut it down at two. So I imagine what'll be luck today And.
Speaker 7: Maybe seventy four thousand people at Chadston just walking around in their conditioning, just walking around instead of spying, and.
Speaker 4: Eighty thousand in the car park trying to get a spot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good day, go to the movies.
Speaker 4: Hey missy, Hey, hey going, Yeah, we're good. What do you do.
Speaker 1: I work at hop nd Brewing in Luda. So we've got our canning day today, so it's nothing we can postpone, unfortunately, because we need beer.
Speaker 3: Oh what is it?
Speaker 4: A tanning canning canning day?
Speaker 1: Canning day, so yeah, we're packaging our beer into cans right from the brewer.
Speaker 3: All right, it's turning, they bring the spray. Can everyone in.
Speaker 1: You take the cases into the cool room and you just.
Speaker 4: Cool room.
Speaker 3: Good place to be.
Speaker 5: So Missy tell us about the drop. Is it a nice little nice drink.
Speaker 1: Well, we're a craft brewer, so yeah, We've got lots of different views. So I think today we're canning our pallel and we've got our We've run out of pallel over the busy Christmas period. I'm glad can.
Speaker 4: R canning day.
Speaker 3: Thank you for fine work you.
Speaker 4: Robin and Clyde. What are you doing today?
Speaker 2: I'm moving house, so I think the worst job in the.
Speaker 3: World, No Robin.
Speaker 7: During the song, I just said to the boys, I've bumped into a friend yesterday who said, can you believe I'm moving house to No Robin?
Speaker 3: Robin, at least you've got removalists.
Speaker 11: Oh yes, yes, but I do feel for them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, imagine being removed, I mean remove us as the worst job in the world anyway, but today shocking.
Speaker 5: Oh so, Robin, do you just plan to sort of watch?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: You know what, Robin. Get them on side of this. I do this every time I move house. Cakes here, big bag of parades and some not pies.
Speaker 11: Today I thought I was prepared with lots of cold water.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's good. Yeah, cold water's good to Robin.
Speaker 4: Water they can get from the tap powerades.
Speaker 3: Oh you need some sugar, yeah, but the.
Speaker 4: Sugar and then I'd roll in.
Speaker 2: Like what Lauren said, the ice creams at midday and stuff, especially when they when they're changing by the hour.
Speaker 5: Is the pits disgusting.
Speaker 7: It's just the worst week of your life.
Speaker 4: We'll have a great day, Robin.
Speaker 3: Everywhere it's awful. Good luck, Robin, Nick, Yeah, not bad mate.
Speaker 4: What do you do for a crust?
Speaker 12: I am the HVAC technician, so that means I fixed the air conditioners.
Speaker 4: Well, today's grand final days you so much, by the way, all the best now, Nick.
Speaker 7: I popped up on my thing this week saying the filter needs to be cleaned in my air conditioner?
Speaker 3: Is that something I can do myself? What do I need to call a professional?
Speaker 12: Depending where it is, if you want to get up in your roof or on your roof, I.
Speaker 3: Shan't be doing it.
Speaker 4: I paid good money to see Lauren.
Speaker 7: I shan't be doing it today. But I did think should I do this before the heat move? And I'm like, it's going to be fine if it needs to be cleaned.
Speaker 2: It helps if you clean out the filter and back me up here. Nick, you're the professional. You clean out the filter, the aircon will run colder.
Speaker 4: Really absolutely, yeah?
Speaker 3: Does it?
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 2: It's the first thing I'm doing to get home. I'm going to get that little great out and.
Speaker 4: Send me a video of you doing that done. I will send you anything to get that's cool.
Speaker 3: Well I won't. I've left my run a bit later.
Speaker 4: You have a man whole, sorry, like in the roof somewhere for people.
Speaker 3: I'm not talking about no idea, I.
Speaker 4: May a man whole maybe clarified, Clint.
Speaker 7: Sorry, I don't think any other person in the entire world thought he meant anything other than a manhole in the room.
Speaker 3: Jays you freak.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Good morning everybody. Welcome you Tuesday, sir, it feels like Monday.
Speaker 4: The love a short for wow.
Speaker 3: How are you going this morning?
Speaker 4: Love? A short four day week?
Speaker 3: Short week. We've had a long weekend.
Speaker 7: We have seven thousand degrees today it.
Speaker 4: Weekend.
Speaker 3: You have made the most of the long I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Clint's making the most of his newfound weekend freedom.
Speaker 2: I would say that he's doing a sleeppery accepted doing a sleep study at the moment.
Speaker 4: You didn't start on Friday or Saturday night.
Speaker 5: And I started last night probably, which is a good thing.
Speaker 7: For Australia last night, because No, I didn't. Actually you were banking.
Speaker 4: Yeah he was banking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you gave it a nudge on the weekend, Melbourn, just tuning in.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was down at the Brighton Beach Hotel. I was watching the Big Bash.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, Big Bash Final.
Speaker 4: Was just getting into the cricket. Who won?
Speaker 5: So it was Sydney Sixes versus Brisbane Heat.
Speaker 2: I believe, no, no, no, Perth Scorches Scorches versus Sydney Sixes.
Speaker 4: There you go, per Perth got up Perth one.
Speaker 3: Now it's all over.
Speaker 2: The only problem was we're watching it like on one of those giant projector screens.
Speaker 4: I had a really cool little front there.
Speaker 7: It doesn't sound like you watched it at all. Actually, it sounds like you were in a pub that was playing.
Speaker 4: No, I was getting into it, thank you.
Speaker 3: We didn't know who played one.
Speaker 2: I knew Perth one. They were teaching me the rules and stuff and I was getting into it. The only problem was there was a wedding in the function room upstairs. After the speeches, they've obviously all hit the dance floor, which just happens to be right above where the projector screen is hung.
Speaker 4: So for the rest of the Big.
Speaker 2: Bash, all our heads are going up and down like little knotty heads.
Speaker 3: Watch the ceiling was going to fall.
Speaker 2: Oh, I was getting motion sickness, but I thought you'd be proud of me watching the cricket.
Speaker 5: What were they playing?
Speaker 3: We had to teach you the rules. Do you not know the rules of cricket?
Speaker 2: I just don't understand the whole overs thing. The six balls, Yeah, six balls, twenty overs.
Speaker 3: So that took a good three seconds to explain it. Then what to talk about?
Speaker 2: No, it took longer on the night I explained it. I was a rugby league boy growing up.
Speaker 4: How's that? No, they didn't say that rugby l Try time, try time.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what's sticking with sport the AO Now I know the tennis.
Speaker 4: Hey, guys, coming up, We've got.
Speaker 2: Tickets to send you to the AO thirteen twenty four to ten. If you want them, make sure you download the new scan come and save out and pay for your fe're with MasterCard. Pray where's my husband? It is eight past seven here on number one hundred. We do want to thanks to shell Ready Express. You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here too, and shout out at the end of the AO, today's slip slap slap exactly right.
Speaker 4: I'm all backpack.
Speaker 7: I've been loving watching me a Strain open at night, although last night I was so tired and I was lying in bed and I was like, I just need to go to sleep.
Speaker 2: But stop watching sea footage has emerged Curios in a club the night before.
Speaker 6: He's doubles mate, so I saw him in a club on Saturday night. So I'm just trying to figure out if that was the night before or not. What club, what time circus in Paran?
Speaker 3: What did you see that through the smoke machine.
Speaker 5: There at about three point thirty am?
Speaker 4: Was it just opening?
Speaker 5: Maybe it was a bit later than that.
Speaker 3: When did he play?
Speaker 5: I think he might have played yesterday, so maybe he was.
Speaker 3: People outraged he went out before the game.
Speaker 4: We went out back to bat he did back to back.
Speaker 7: But it's a solo sport right here in damaging yourself team.
Speaker 5: Sport no mixed doubles.
Speaker 3: Oh, he was playing double sport. Who's his doubles partner?
Speaker 7: Because coc He and cocken Ark has got knocked out by the other Australian team, So who's his mixed doubles partner?
Speaker 3: Clint just about the snake sneezing.
Speaker 5: I'm so sorry, I just sneezed, Uh trying to get doubles.
Speaker 7: Don't know anyway, So he went to a club before his game. Who cares?
Speaker 5: Layla Fernandez from Canada.
Speaker 4: Not familiar with Nandez would not be happy.
Speaker 7: But I did watch Maddie English last night. Who is when she went so she played against the world number two how do you say name fan Tech Egish farm Tech and she lost six love in the first set and in the second set when she won a game, she was so happy. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life. Normally they just get on with it. She was like fully celebrating, like she was.
Speaker 2: Playing second in the world because in Naomi Naomi's right, So this girl so we went through.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's cool.
Speaker 3: She skipped a game and got there, so it's a walkover.
Speaker 5: So she just advanced, which is.
Speaker 3: She probably made half a million bucks.
Speaker 6: Well she did four hundred and eighty thousand dollars. Now, speaking of which, I listened to the media conference last night. She was asked what she was going to buy with her money, and she spoke about how all she wanted was a Smeg toaster and a Smeg kettle.
Speaker 13: I have a list, so maybe I can take a couple off, maybe some more Legos. A big dream is a Mini Cooper. I'll keep working towards that. I want to be rolling down the Gold Coast with in my Mini Cooper. So that's a dream. But yeah, we'll see how the next few months ago and it.
Speaker 7: Was thanks guys, I love her so much. Did she say she wants more Legos?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Mini need to reach out today and hook her up with a convertible.
Speaker 4: Little mini car.
Speaker 3: Someone give her some lego, and someone give her a s Meg toaster.
Speaker 4: And a kitchen age. She was a kitchen as well. We'll cover the lego of someone else can chip in for the cup. How good?
Speaker 3: I love she is divine celebration, a.
Speaker 4: Movie world in a convertible.
Speaker 3: When she won one game, she's twenty eight, I thought she was like a kid.
Speaker 4: This is her win.
Speaker 9: A break absurd that there's celebrated across Australiasm.
Speaker 3: Look at the smile on money in Miss's face. It was so good. Paul and I were going mad in the living room watching it.
Speaker 5: Well do so, tonight is d day for the Demon.
Speaker 6: He's our last Austraian singles player and he faces Well it's an ominous sort of opponent in Carlitos Acrez.
Speaker 5: So yeah, so do I.
Speaker 4: So the Demon? Has the Demon got this far before? Yeah? He won.
Speaker 5: He won through the quarterfinals last year. Now a big challenge. So the Demon's number six in the world. So you know he's not it's gettable.
Speaker 6: Yeah, absolutely, it is absolutely, and anyone he's beatable on their day.
Speaker 7: He also he's engaged, right, there's been I reckon. He's had more questions about his wedding and his fiance than he has about tennis.
Speaker 4: Ago. She's left, she's not caught.
Speaker 5: Ye, she flew back. But she was playing, wasn't she She was, Yeah, but she crashed out in the singles and but she got to watch it on the plane on the way home, on the way back to England. So she watched the fourth round.
Speaker 4: See dal, when you hang around support your partner now.
Speaker 7: I'm out, so someone's got to go look after the dogs. Probably good luck to him tonight. I hope people all be glued to that.
Speaker 2: Thanks mate, to MasterCard, we've got your way into the AO. Download the new scan Pump, Pay and Save app when you pay for your fuel with a master Card. And then he she already expressed that in twenty four ten is our number?
Speaker 4: You want to head to rod Labor Arena. Sure do, fantastic.
Speaker 5: Done, Hey Craig, it must be a beautiful day and inverlock.
Speaker 6: Down there, yes, it is lovely, sensational mate, jump in the water, get it, monkst it.
Speaker 3: You stay down there tonight.
Speaker 4: Can you're along the beach now?
Speaker 7: Tickets for tomorrow for tomorrow, I don't have to hop it up here in the hete.
Speaker 4: Exactly thirteen twenty four ten is out.
Speaker 7: Number jasmine in back of smash, good morning, good morning. Would you like to go out to the AO tomorrow night? You have tickets to send a court enjoy.
Speaker 10: Thank you so.
Speaker 4: Much, no worries, that'll be great. Make sure you're listening throughout the week.
Speaker 2: We've got more tickets to go to the AO, including Friday night. Sorry, Friday's games at our rod labor. I know people are killing to win these tickets, so we've got them coming up throughout the week. It is just gone quarter past seven, going to check you around the work and.
Speaker 5: Then guys, they've given me my own segment and we're going to launch it next.
Speaker 3: Who's than you?
Speaker 4: Who's no? What do you mean? Guys, they've went straight to the bosses.
Speaker 3: We are the bosses.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, anyway, I think you're going to enjoy it because the first segment is all about our stomachs.
Speaker 4: This once off segment is coming up next.
Speaker 2: Fifty thousand dollars cash up for grabs coming up in about eight minutes time.
Speaker 4: Here on over one hundred fifty kight come in. Nuts and Handy.
Speaker 2: A really simple game and an easy way to win it. So thanks to my mate Carlole Holmes. Better starts with Carlole Holmes in twenty twenty six. If is it one of their over eighty display homes across Melbourne or a Carlole Holmes dot com dot are you will give you a chance to play and win.
Speaker 3: Pretty simple way to win fifty grand.
Speaker 4: In about five minutes.
Speaker 6: Love that I spinning you guys last week. I put your notice telling you that I was I was hitting reset in terms of the diet fitness.
Speaker 3: That's on the weekend.
Speaker 6: Very well, I slipped right off. But I did a supermarket shop last night, you know, trying to stock up on all the good stuff. Just trying your fruit, vegetables, you know, just trying to be a bit cleaner about life.
Speaker 3: Leafy greens.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 6: One thing one of my breakfast go tos is like a like berries and Greek yogurt.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 6: But I got to the Greek yogurt section and I was like a bit fla mixed because there was nothing there. It was all well, almost all of it was out of stock, Like you know when you get to something and there's just bear boxes.
Speaker 3: People had rated it in COVID when you couldn't get toilet.
Speaker 4: Paper on a Thursday after a special by, you.
Speaker 3: Can't get anything.
Speaker 4: Well, it's all gone?
Speaker 3: Is it? Does it actually get like special mate?
Speaker 4: People people run through the store to get certain items.
Speaker 6: In fact, I took a photo of it, and that's you can see.
Speaker 4: She is empty.
Speaker 5: She's empty, right, almost empty.
Speaker 3: She's going on with Greek yogurt. Well, why is there a shorted.
Speaker 6: The staff member. I'm like, have we got any Greek yogurt at the back?
Speaker 4: Where is it? What's going on? And don't always do that when there's like what's out of the back, it's going to be out cross.
Speaker 3: Come on, I've only got what's on the rack.
Speaker 4: Man, I hate that.
Speaker 7: Why don't fitticize six dull? She tells me if we can find a bigger one.
Speaker 6: There is a mass shortage of all things Greek yogurt because of something that's going off right now on social media.
Speaker 3: Oh gosh, what is it?
Speaker 6: Because in the biscuit aisle as well, there's no out of bisc off.
Speaker 4: Biscuits.
Speaker 7: Now, I saw someone post yesterday I like biscoff, but why is everything being infiltrated by biscuits?
Speaker 3: Spread biscuits.
Speaker 4: Bisco needs to get in the bin.
Speaker 6: Well, there's no there's no Greek, there's no bisc off because the craze is like a dunk the biscuit into the Greek yogurt and suddenly you make like a cheesecake. Apparently apparently, apparently it tastes just like a cheesecake.
Speaker 3: You just dunk a biscuit in the Greek yo.
Speaker 6: You leave it for four or five hours overnight, and it's fairly good for you.
Speaker 3: What it's like, My sister in law makes this only once at Christmas.
Speaker 7: You get chocolate ripple biscuits and it puts cream or something in between.
Speaker 6: Chocolate ripple makes a chocolate's like a healthy version of the chocolate ripple cake. So I was able to stumble across some ingredients the Mastership Kitchen. This is the This is the online I guess you could call it a hit. It's an online craze which is sweeping the nation. It is your Greek yogurt and bisc off which I've pre dipped, I've left overnight.
Speaker 4: You can see there. Oh, you just shove them in and shove them in, and you left them there.
Speaker 5: Apparently tastes like a cheesecake.
Speaker 4: Now let me.
Speaker 3: Sing the song.
Speaker 7: Sing the cheesecakes, cheese cheese kkschop.
Speaker 4: We are the cheesecake. We've got a black forest.
Speaker 3: That's rogue for a full fifth. It's like what I get for my NaN's ninety What you get a four year old black forest cheese cake?
Speaker 4: For kids?
Speaker 2: Was freaking out about cheesecake. So we've got like an actual cake cake.
Speaker 5: How dare you turn your nose up at my cheesecake?
Speaker 3: Cheesecake?
Speaker 5: Well, well, have you tasted great yogat before?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: Oh you're not even going to taste it.
Speaker 4: Lauren, it's you and I have you know you've never tasted it like you sound like my mother went.
Speaker 3: Seriously, you sound like a five year old is such a spoil who's not willing to taste something new?
Speaker 4: You know what, I'm happy with what I'm consuming in life.
Speaker 7: There here we go, Come on, really, maybe you should lay off the me.
Speaker 3: How much messina did you have.
Speaker 4: On the excuse me? I did not?
Speaker 3: Oh it's very soggy.
Speaker 4: Okay, she going in?
Speaker 3: Come on, you have to try something.
Speaker 4: I don't like yoga.
Speaker 2: I think I've got too much three two one go Thoughts, feelings, emotions.
Speaker 7: Tastes like a cheesecakes like a cheesecake, doesn't it?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 4: I won't want to try it, but I don't.
Speaker 7: Like Greek yo It doesn't taste like Greek yoga cake.
Speaker 4: When people say that it doesn't.
Speaker 3: Like, well, I'm just telling you what it tastes like.
Speaker 5: That's actually delicious.
Speaker 3: Nick is in a not so this is the.
Speaker 5: This is He's shaking his little spoons shaking.
Speaker 4: Come on, give it a yogurt, Come on.
Speaker 3: Come on. If you say it tastes like a cheesecake, I many, I can't even look.
Speaker 4: At it tastes Sumber twelve to twelve. What a tune? This is? No Ober one hundred.
Speaker 2: You are on the air with Jason Lawrence speaking the tune's Harry Stars dropping his brand new song on Friday.
Speaker 7: I know I've only heard it seventy three thousand times, but it does make me want to go to a club and dance to it.
Speaker 2: Well, you'll probably hear it again because when you hear us play Harry this morning, give us a ring and I'll win tickets to see him.
Speaker 4: Laugh.
Speaker 7: Now, if there's one thing in Melbourne that we love, it's talking about the weather.
Speaker 4: Absolutely.
Speaker 7: It's too cold, it's too wet, it's too hot, it's too windy. Maybe it's all of those things in one day. And as a former weather girl potentially Australia's worst ever weather girl, things like this get me excited.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, forty five degrees today, it's actually frightening forty five.
Speaker 4: High, forty's in Mildura, possibly hitting fifty. That's potentially that's crazy.
Speaker 5: It's it's baffling, like, how on earth our people in Mildua are going to be feeling today.
Speaker 2: We're going to mates just out of Beachworth who I'm concerned about for the fires, be checking in on them throughout the day, that's for sure.
Speaker 7: And then over on the other side of the world, part of America is just absolutely snowed in. Go and watch some of the videos from what's happening in New York. The moment with the snow unbelievable.
Speaker 2: Hey, thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We should shout some entry for council pools around Melbourne.
Speaker 5: To say pools.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea yea, if you still got because I'm just singing, a lot of people still got kids at home on school holidays.
Speaker 4: I know mine don't go back towards the end of the week.
Speaker 7: So we wanted to come over to your house for a swim today but you said no. So Clint, tonight, could we win an entry into a local pool.
Speaker 4: I need to check the chlorine everything. I want it perfect for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're such a liar, liar pads on fire? What about that? We said?
Speaker 7: Can we just come over for a dip hotesday in seventeen years and he said, no.
Speaker 4: No, no, no, I want to check the chlorine. I want to make sure. No, I got to get one of thot to some of those dips h monitors. Yes, what so you haven't checked it before?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 4: I have, but I think I need to get the out cup.
Speaker 7: You know what he does in the pool. I don't want to go to his pool instead the other day? No, no, no, all right, it's going to be forty five degrees today. I'm going to go out on the Belcon now. I want to know if it's already hot.
Speaker 4: You're doing weather check live, we.
Speaker 2: Look out maybe pa okay, standing by yet the phosphate remover.
Speaker 5: Is there phosphate in your pool?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: No, no phosphate like the phosphates are high means that's kids pissoning.
Speaker 7: No one cares about your pool because we're not invited. I'm going outside.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm saying walking out.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten is our number. We're going to hook you up with passes to council pools around Melbourne this morning.
Speaker 4: It's out. Show me. Do you want me to throw to you? Like?
Speaker 7: Yes, I'll wait and then I'll walk out and I'll do a live reveal of how hot it.
Speaker 3: Is out there.
Speaker 4: I haven't done one of these for a while. That sort of weather music. So it sounds like you're coming back from the ad break.
Speaker 7: Great, Okay, I'll get my weather voice.
Speaker 4: Okay, you out yet, by the way, No.
Speaker 3: I'm waiting to open the door and do the review. I'm ready to go when you are.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: Sorry, Welcome back to the Today Show. It is Tuesday morning right around Australia. Now it's time for your best local weather forecast with Lauren Phillips.
Speaker 3: Lauren, Thanks Carl, Sorry Clint.
Speaker 7: Now it is going to be the hottest day in seventeen years here in Victoria.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 7: I'm just walking out onto the balcony. It is an absolute sparkler out here, but it's.
Speaker 3: Not very warm yet.
Speaker 4: What do you mean?
Speaker 7: It feels like it's about fifteen degrees. It's kind of chilly because.
Speaker 5: That balcony is in a bit shadowy, isn't it.
Speaker 3: He's in the shade.
Speaker 7: When see if I can walk to the sun, I would definitely slip slop slap today if you are heading out and about. Oh yeah, it's a bit warmer in the sun. There seems to be absolutely no breeze either, so it's going to be dry.
Speaker 3: It's going to be hot.
Speaker 4: Know me?
Speaker 2: You be would you be surrounded by little nippers on the beach at this point? All right, Jenny, you want to be a seth wife's saver.
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, not today. Everyone seems to be inside.
Speaker 7: I'm just having a look down onto the busy streets of South Melbourne where it appears that no one is out and about yet.
Speaker 2: Mate, there's going to be no one out today. I had mentioned earlier was down on Center Roading Bentley on Saturday.
Speaker 4: Place was an absolute.
Speaker 6: Hey, Lauren, can I ask you a question about the wildlife and the birds?
Speaker 5: Earlier in the show you see you encouraged.
Speaker 6: All melbourn Ins to leave maybe just little tray of water out for the for the possums.
Speaker 7: Think they won't you think of the wildlife on a daylight today, make sure you leave some little bowls of water around for the birds and the possums and the straight cats that might live in your street as well. And also check on the elderly. Don't forget to check on grandma and grandpa. Make sure they're right and they know how to use their conditioning. Or if you're like Jays and you have a pool, perhaps you could invite your friends or your colleagues over.
Speaker 5: Yes, good advice, Lauren, Thank you so much.
Speaker 3: And stay myself on the balcony. Someone's gonna have to come back.
Speaker 4: Leave her out there, stay safe out there, leave her there. Should you like a little rotisserie chicken, won't you?
Speaker 2: Coming up next? Nagi Mahashi's in with a nice summer of night. I'm just that we're doing the Today Show thing. Hey Tara on thirteen, twenty fourteen, Good morning.
Speaker 14: Good morning.
Speaker 4: What are you doing today?
Speaker 14: Kids are still on holidays, so I'm looking after extra kids today. So swimming I think is definitely yes.
Speaker 6: Okay, Tara, So you're from Mount Don Vale Way, so out east. So what's your local pool.
Speaker 14: I'm actually in the Yarrow Valley and yeah, there's a couple of local pools. There's an outdoor one in Hillsville or there's an indoor one in Narrow Junction.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll cover admission today for it. Oh, there we go. We'll cover admission today for all the kids. Mate, So that's on us.
Speaker 8: I love that.
Speaker 4: Thanks, No worries.
Speaker 2: Thirty twenty four ten is our number of shouting pool entries across Melbourne today.
Speaker 7: Thirteen twenty four to ten. J can we please come over for a swim?
Speaker 2: I'm going to check the phosphates and the alkaline and the pH.
Speaker 3: And what's the point of having a pool if you don't let your friends use that?
Speaker 4: No, no, you won't welcome to use it.
Speaker 3: I just want to measure it it.
Speaker 5: Never do you have a creepy crawley.
Speaker 7: No, he's got a self cleaning pool. He's rich man, I'm not. No, he's rich and he won't share it with anyone.
Speaker 2: It's got a little jet to come out of the bottom of the pool and then it pushes all the dick to one cleaning and then it sucks it out.
Speaker 4: Believable.
Speaker 3: I know he's rich and he doesn't like sharing.
Speaker 4: We don't need some hot stellion around us, the pool guy. It's typical rich, typical typical morning Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Just gone five to wait. This is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jason Lauren Clint here as well. Let's say hello to our ex guest.
Speaker 5: Our next guest is the leader of the Victorian Liberal party and sitting representative.
Speaker 1: For QUES and as leader.
Speaker 10: I have a clear focus, I have clear authorities.
Speaker 4: Cleanse Welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Jess, Well, good morning to meeting.
Speaker 10: Have to meet you all.
Speaker 4: Why would you want to get in the politics.
Speaker 3: Let's just get straight on that.
Speaker 4: I'm like, come on, Chess, what are you doing?
Speaker 10: Look it is the I see the best way to help people, the best way to change things. And you know, when I decided to put my hand up and run for the seat of Q, I didn't expect it.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it coming.
Speaker 10: And you know, these opportunities just present themselves when you least expect it. But I thought, you know, I want to. I love Victoria. I love this state. I can either, you know, complain about things from the sidelines, or I can get in and try and do something about it.
Speaker 3: And here we are, so I.
Speaker 7: Mean victory or he's facing some pretty hideous challenges I think the top of mind for all of us that we always are constantly talking about in here, his home invasion, knife crime, crime in Victoria.
Speaker 3: If you take over, what are you going to do to change that?
Speaker 7: Because we all feel like we are banging our heads against the wall every single morning we wake up, we see the same news.
Speaker 10: Stories spot on right, and you see the ring footage of people's homes being broken into. We get flooded with it in our office, my local constituents. You know what really stays with me is this time and you might remember it when I think it was four or five people broke into a home in Q with knife and they stabbed the father eleven times in the face, in the arms while his little kids were there watching and his wife.
Speaker 7: We're seeing it over and over and over again, and it feels like nothing's changing.
Speaker 10: And I agree, and I get it from a Victorian's perspective, right like, it feels like the government's not taking it seriously. It's getting worse day in day out. You know, crime, you know, to be honest, since the premier took over has gone up twenty five percent, and we're feeling it in real time. I see three key things that I'm really focused on in my commitment to Victorians. Bail reform, sentencing reform, and early intervention. Early intervention is so key because we don't want to see young kids end up in the criminal justice system.
Speaker 3: Right but at the moment.
Speaker 10: We're seeing thirteen year old's fourteen year olds think that they there are no consequences.
Speaker 6: They're actually suggest So what's different about the bail reform, the sentencing reform that you're proposing, as opposed to what has already come in what twice three times?
Speaker 4: Or we've seen a host of changes come in this year, last year.
Speaker 10: Sorry, yeah, and unfortunately we're not seeing them have anything changes. What we're saying is we need to see greater focus on consequences, meeting community expectations.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 10: As I said, early intervention is key to this because we don't want to see young kids in the criminal justice system. We don't want to see them in juvenile de tension because we know that leads to a life of crime. But unfortunately, at the moment, young kids don't think that if they go out and do something wrong, they break the law, if they break into someone else's home with a knife, there will be consequences. And that's what the police will tell me is that they catch these people day in, day out, but by breakfast they're back out on bail.
Speaker 4: So if you've got the top job, do you have the power to make those changes?
Speaker 10: Yes, the parliament makes the powers. The parliament makes the sentencing laws. Now, it's for the courts to implement that, yes, but it's for the Parliament to make the strong laws. And what we're seeing is a government that's had to be dragged to this position in the first place. They don't even believe the laws that they've put in place, and so bail reform, sentencing reform and early intervention are absolute priorities to me to end the crime crisis.
Speaker 7: And so what's happening with the Liberal Party, Because it seems like you all hate each other.
Speaker 3: It's feeling very unsecure. I'm not like, Look.
Speaker 10: There's obviously the Federal there's obviously the Federal Liberal Party, and there's a lot going on up there.
Speaker 3: And I'm not going to group chat. We don't we don't have been kicked out Left right.
Speaker 4: Plea group. No.
Speaker 10: Look, there's obviously the Federal Liberal Party, and I'll park that because I don't think we have enough time this morning to get into that. But look, I know that my team are focused on what's ahead. We now only have ten months to the state of fiction.
Speaker 3: I know, how are you all fighting with each other? Because when it feels a bit high school, I get that the media, you know, love this.
Speaker 4: But well, no, the facts of fact.
Speaker 5: So you're the third leader in as many years you've had the more a deeming situation, sam growth has quit. You know, are you ready for government? Because yeah, sure that the government is tired, but how do we trust that you guys are grown up enough to deal with states crisis?
Speaker 10: Absolutely understand that when people look at us as the alternative government, they need to trust that we can govern. And I'm going to spend the next ten months earning that trust and demonstrating that not only are we ready to govern, but we have the plan to government.
Speaker 3: You know, crime's an example of that.
Speaker 10: I've just outlined our priorities, but repairing the budget, making sure people can access healthcare most importantly for me, because it's something I'm incredible passionate about, giving young people hope again that they might be able.
Speaker 3: To own their own hope.
Speaker 10: But that'll comes back to demonstrating that we are ready to govern, working with our team, making sure that our team is absolutely focused. I know that my team is going into this year excited to work with their local communities and excited to put out a plan and to work together to change.
Speaker 2: Then you're saying you sort of fell into this right because we always joke around go oh we should put cleaned up for politics and we laugh and the skeletons when you fell in, was there a couple of calls or messages to friends going, hey, you ain't that story from that trip?
Speaker 4: That that can just never see the light of day.
Speaker 10: Look, you do get a lot of obviously, it's a lot of scrutiny on your life. I find it hard. I mean, I think social media is hard.
Speaker 4: I'd pour petrol ob my phone and burn it.
Speaker 3: I just don't. I just don't.
Speaker 10: I never go on Twitter or X because I think, to be honest, I think it's accessible, like I.
Speaker 3: Think horrible of humanity.
Speaker 2: You do, well, it's comments a it's funny you say that because unfortunately I saw the worst of Jess on the weekend.
Speaker 4: What she does something?
Speaker 3: Come back from that?
Speaker 2: It's a video doing the rounds from Australia day where you were pulling a beer.
Speaker 10: Where was this app This was at the Doncaster Balls Club.
Speaker 4: It just this is in your electorate. She turns the tap off and.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 7: You reckon, I reckon, that's pretty second. Go it's all right, I'm impressed to.
Speaker 10: I always wanted to work as a pub at a pub when I was young, and it never had the option. It looks so fun, doesn't it. I feel like it's so sticky scullet.
Speaker 3: After that though, straight down the hatch, I definitely had a big sip. It was so hot and it was so refreshing.
Speaker 6: Hey, Jess, I think I'm right in saying that no female has been elected premiere as opposed to assumed the premiership. That's right, Never in our history. What would I mean, It's just sometimes I just int to the election as leader.
Speaker 5: We'll get that.
Speaker 6: How much of an honor would that be to be the first elected premier of Victoria.
Speaker 10: I'm the first female elected leader of the Liberal Party here in Victoria, and that's an honor in itself. But to have the Victorian people, you know, elect me and you know, to be the first female would be incredible. And you know, I think there's something to be said as well. I mean, we've got two female leaders of the major parties. I think that's great to see. Look, I think that, you know, too much of politics is made personal and I don't want to do that. You know, we get on across the political aisle and we see each other around Parliament. It's all that stuff you don't see in the media, right is you know you're always in the same place. You're walking down the corridor, you're getting a coffee at the same place. You have good chats with people. You know, we're all people. She's a mom, I'm and a mum. You know all these things. You don't want to take away from the humanity. At the same time, you want to actually focus on the And that's something I want to say to Victorians and to your listeners. I'll always try to do that because there's a politics as tough as it is, and we don't need to.
Speaker 3: Make it worse for each When is the state election? Do we know?
Speaker 4: Ymber?
Speaker 3: November? The end of November.
Speaker 5: Four year terms, same date every four year.
Speaker 4: Just just quickly, it's the same date.
Speaker 3: Well, can you tell that I made university.
Speaker 5: Just very quickly?
Speaker 6: A journalist in me. There is a story in the paper this morning. Sam Growth might force a by election. He might just get out now and mean the people in the pen go to the polls.
Speaker 4: Do you think there's a chance of that happening?
Speaker 10: Look, I think Sam's had a really tough time and you know, I've had some really good conversations with him. We came in together in the Parliament. You know, he's not in a colleague, he's a friend and he's made a tough call, but one that I think he's come together with Britt and they've decided is in the best interest of their family.
Speaker 7: Which I can completely understand. Believe what they went through was surrenders.
Speaker 3: Totally, and you know, I get it.
Speaker 10: I've got a I've got a young son, and you know, the thought of him and ever being put at risk or feeling like he was, you know, being people were talking about him or anything like that makes sense.
Speaker 4: He claims it came from his own party, a lot of it.
Speaker 10: So what I would say is right now, Sam has said that he's absolutely focused on continuing to serve the people of Nepean and being part of the team, and that's.
Speaker 3: Where we're all at.
Speaker 10: We will ensure that we continue to make sure that every one of our people who represents the community, they continue to be represented.
Speaker 3: Sam's working hard and that's where we are.
Speaker 10: Okay, all right, Well, good luck, thank you and thank you for having me leader with the.
Speaker 3: Opposition, Victoria, It's got to get better. Yeah, and I'm excited to make it better for Victorians.
Speaker 2: Well, whoever gets a top job come November. I think there's going to be a lot of pressure on us and everyone's going to hold Hi accountable.
Speaker 4: Absolutely sure. Jess Wilson join us on the air this morning on your jest. Thanks coming out, Jane. It is just going far past eight. Good morning, Melbourne. Here we go. Let's do it.
Speaker 2: Your chance to win five thousand dollars just for answering one simple question and then as soon as we get through this and Ann's tomorrow, we do.
Speaker 7: It's very exciting while we're talking about surely, but before we do that, let's try and give away some cash.
Speaker 3: I chosen play today. Alois from Sunbury, Good morning, good morning.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, I just read that you tell everyone what you're doing in March.
Speaker 11: I'm going to Dublin in Ireland for oh that'll be a.
Speaker 1: With a girlfriend, so even better.
Speaker 3: It's like a bucket list.
Speaker 5: Do you have Irish heritage, Eloise, I.
Speaker 1: Do have Irish head heritage.
Speaker 3: Amazing nice.
Speaker 2: I was at antique bar showcasing my Irish heritage Sunday night in the g I was having an Irish coffee.
Speaker 3: It's in an Irish coffee.
Speaker 4: I have a little bit of whiskey. Took them like ten minutes to make it. Got I had a kick or just on your own? Yeah, just on my no no no nos out with a couple of mates.
Speaker 2: All right, let's try and when you're five thousand dollars this morning, good luck.
Speaker 4: One simple question.
Speaker 15: Here we go, five thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Rules are simple. You'll hear the question. You will hear a three two one. You must answer in that time. Okay, sure, all right mates at il Jana the charcoal chicken. You've heard about Melbourne. They are now feeding Melbourne thanks to those guys.
Speaker 4: Here is your five K question.
Speaker 6: In which country can you find the world's largest escalator system?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 14: I'm going to say London, England?
Speaker 3: I guess was Parliament Station terrifying?
Speaker 4: I guess Japan.
Speaker 5: I think the ones that metro tunnel quite long as well.
Speaker 7: Ko.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I've been on this one, have you.
Speaker 4: It's sort of like a city in itself.
Speaker 6: It's like an overground city, but they're sort of run everywhere and anywhere.
Speaker 3: The length it covers eight hundred.
Speaker 6: On a slope and it's perched high up in the not in the sky, but.
Speaker 4: That sounds so are well away? Sorry missing out.
Speaker 3: But crack.
Speaker 1: No worries, Thanks very much.
Speaker 4: No worries. We will play again this time tomorrow.
Speaker 7: Have you ever seen those videos of people falling down the Parlance station once?
Speaker 4: No? No, people trying what they.
Speaker 3: Just they slip and they tumble and their.
Speaker 5: Roll what they try and surf down them.
Speaker 3: It's not funny. It's not funny. Some of them are kind of.
Speaker 4: By the way. I would have loved Straight it's funny.
Speaker 7: I loved Straight. I wanted to be shiry craft. I wanted to host that show, and then I thought themselves, I never could because I'd laugh too much. Guy, how did you keep the straight face for all those years?
Speaker 5: I don't believe it's taken us this song to talk about it.
Speaker 6: But Tony Jones, did you see someone falling?
Speaker 7: I mean they said he had cuts and grapes.
Speaker 4: He didn't fall over. He took a pot of all very different at that. Well, he's in his sixties and are.
Speaker 3: Also fell over.
Speaker 4: Nothing Tony Jones. This morning, he's recovering.
Speaker 7: I'm sure you can look it up on YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, whatever you like.
Speaker 2: Guys, big announcement from this show coming up next, Guys, we announcement.
Speaker 3: We do have an announcement. I'm very, very excited about this. Now.
Speaker 7: I love our job. We get to do some cool things. This is right up there with one of the coolest things we've ever done.
Speaker 4: And when we did Pizza.
Speaker 3: We took the show on the road to Pizza Hut.
Speaker 4: We did once upon a time, it was remarkable.
Speaker 5: But this is staggering.
Speaker 4: Now.
Speaker 5: This has been on my bucket list all my life.
Speaker 4: Me too, same and we're finally getting to do it.
Speaker 15: Calif Jason Lawrence, California, here we come.
Speaker 2: That's right, we're going on a show holiday.
Speaker 7: Well, we're working, but we are taking the show on the King Holiday.
Speaker 4: In case of Tax Department's.
Speaker 7: Listening, No, we are taking a show on the road to California, to America America.
Speaker 2: Oh, we forgot to mention the best bit. We're not going alone. No one lucky family in Melbourne will score the chance to experience California for themselves. That's right, we have a family trip California up for grabs.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh.
Speaker 5: It is one of the best places in the world and there's so much happening in California, this time a year.
Speaker 2: From stadium lights to National Park Heights. California really is the ultimate playground. We are jumping aboard a Quanta's flight and heading over there.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I'm so excited.
Speaker 7: I love I love LA I love San Francisco, I love Palm Springs.
Speaker 3: I love it all.
Speaker 2: I've never done palm Springs. Very very about palm Springs. And then, guys, what should we do after Palm Springs?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 5: I suggest we go to the super Bowl.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're going to super Bowl, baby, super Bowl.
Speaker 4: Now, let's be honest. We're a bandwagon show.
Speaker 5: Well sorry, hang on, I'm just adjusting my Seattle Seahawks.
Speaker 4: Because you're such a in the super Bowl and I'm going to see them.
Speaker 7: Yesterday I sat down watched both of those games to see who is going to make the super Bowl, And old, boy, did I learn the rules in a crash course? We got to put super Bowl Monday here in AUSTRAI soup for Sunday over there.
Speaker 3: I watch it every year.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, the chicken wings will taste so much different when you're actually there.
Speaker 5: They will, so yes, we are.
Speaker 7: We're going on the ultimate road. Trips through California. We're going to be showing you the sites that sounds California. Oh boy, do have some things up mostly for you boys. If you don't know what, Can.
Speaker 4: We go to a Towergate party, you know where they all hang out. Can we what? Yes, absolutely we can.
Speaker 7: But then Melbourne, someone is going to win this, which is holiday for themselves.
Speaker 6: So special, so special, especially right now when you know people people are doing it tough and I don't afford to get away on a family holiday.
Speaker 4: This is for you. So here's the guy.
Speaker 2: We'll jump aboard our Cornsera's flight. We will head over there. We're going to do La.
Speaker 7: Then we're going to do some wrekis for you. We're going to find places that you should go when you go on your road trip.
Speaker 4: For Kelly, we'll road trip to Palm Springs.
Speaker 3: Go see where Coachella takes place.
Speaker 4: Little rock paper scissors for who's driving and then driving.
Speaker 3: Should we do it like the the directions?
Speaker 4: Should we do it like Chevy Chase. We'll have three different.
Speaker 3: I don't know what I'm more, but.
Speaker 5: You can be Claudia Shiffer.
Speaker 7: I just don't want to sit next to Jason on the plane. But yes, I'll be Gladiashi, thank.
Speaker 4: You with are with there, are there?
Speaker 7: I'm already seek selecting and it's nowhere near you. In fact, I'm on a different flight, are you?
Speaker 3: So are you? We're sending him on his own.
Speaker 5: So here's the go.
Speaker 2: You could win a family holiday to California so you can experience this playground for yourself. Quantus Flights will take care of the lot. All you have to do is be listening to the show from next week, because that's right next week, we're off.
Speaker 4: Wheels up. We're out of here.
Speaker 5: We're out of here.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: This took me two and a half maybe three months to get the green light from the wife.
Speaker 4: I know, yes, now, serious groundwork. You've gotten no idea paying for it.
Speaker 2: I waited until she had a friend around doing her here one day and I was like, okay, I'll mention it now because there's someone else here.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: It's like if you break break news to someone, do it in a food court so they can't over Rea.
Speaker 7: Well, I've got to do that too, because Paul, he's going to the super.
Speaker 3: Bowl on a boy's trip. He's sorry, going to the.
Speaker 4: Super Bowl and a boys, does he know what you're doing?
Speaker 3: And dull guess who's coming over.
Speaker 4: His boy trick.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's gonna hate you.
Speaker 7: So he knew I was going to California and now I've just got to tell him that we're all going to sam Friend together, Me and the boys, Lad flight lads.
Speaker 2: Wow, So you get to experience it yourself. We've got a family holiday to California. Upper Grabs all thanks to Mate to visit California and a massive shoutout to Quansas for decking us out with flights. Just be listening to the show next week for you to head over.
Speaker 4: And do your very own raid trip.
Speaker 7: It's going to be so much fun. I have one thing that I want to do over there that you have to do with me. Well, I think we should all choose something that we want to.
Speaker 3: Do and we all have to do it together.
Speaker 4: Face and Jake, I don't know how much.
Speaker 2: We've got two things.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna hate them both. I can't wait. I've got something that I just think Jase is going to square him over.
Speaker 4: Am I going to like it?
Speaker 3: You'll like Jays doing it?
Speaker 4: Okay? Perfect?
Speaker 7: Great's be really good for you.
Speaker 3: Okay, really good for you.
Speaker 2: Okay, will you come with me on one of those celebrity start home toours.
Speaker 5: Don't wait, I will.
Speaker 4: Just up here on your rider. It's the home Paris Hill used to live in.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I'm.
Speaker 4: There with a little van top on. We might see the rock by the way.
Speaker 7: Bad Bunny, Bad Bunnies half time entertainment.
Speaker 2: So look, we are heading to the super Bar. We're doing the Ultimate ride trip across California. You just been listening to Nova for your chance to win a trip of your very own.
Speaker 7: Hi, Harry Styles live would on the show. Well, good morning Melbourne. We are excited because one of our babes, Harry Styles is he's not on the plane yet, but he'll be here later this year and we are excited. So only seven cities in the world this tour is going to and two are here in Australia, Sidney Melbourne. We have tickets to Melbourne to give away right now. Thirteen twenty four ten is our number.
Speaker 4: Natalie an Officer. You're going to.
Speaker 1: Harry, Oh my god, oh my god, thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Tickets so welcome.
Speaker 3: The ticket are yours? We're serious? Who are you going to take.
Speaker 7: Oh you're going to take my sister?
Speaker 4: My goodness, laughing want.
Speaker 14: Oh my god, I'm taking.
Speaker 4: Why he's so emotional?
Speaker 5: What what is it about Harry that you I don't know.
Speaker 14: We just both really love him and I didn't think that i'd be able to afford to go.
Speaker 4: Oh, don't worry about that.
Speaker 7: We've taken the financial pressure off your says you can save your money for some merch because Harry's merchant.
Speaker 3: Yes, quite cool and I'm sure.
Speaker 4: No worries it all. Congrats, hope you and your sister enjoy Okay.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: It's nice, have a great time.
Speaker 2: It's a nice giving stuff to people who really appreciate she. Now, sometimes there's people and then we get off the end.
Speaker 4: We're like, man, it's not send the price straight away.
Speaker 7: I'd never ever, ever, ever ever do that or say that, Jason.
Speaker 4: But she really really deserved it.
Speaker 3: That is awesome. I'm very excited about Harry coming out here.
Speaker 7: Harry styles together together. He's live in Australia, Marble said him November this year. Tickets and info from livenation dot com dot Au and of course the new album Kiss All the Time Disco Occasionally it's out March.
Speaker 4: Look at her, she's all great.
Speaker 7: I was about to take the prize off someone because he doesn't think they're grateful.
Speaker 4: No, No, she was in buddy, I try harder.
Speaker 7: She doesn't want them way through when she just couldn't draw breath because she's crying so much here, she doesn't want them.
Speaker 4: No, I know she wanted them, she deserved what was the giveaway?
Speaker 7: By the way, if you win things here, you will actually win them. Jase won't say now we're not giving them to her.
Speaker 4: No, I'm just saying.
Speaker 2: You know, when it's oh, Darren, you won bloody ten thousand US, oh, cheers.
Speaker 7: Sometimes you people get like stage from.
Speaker 4: It is just go. It's all about it. Twenty four to nine.
Speaker 2: We're gonna check your run the work latest in years next, and then you'll find this hard to believe.
Speaker 4: But Lauren and I disagree on.
Speaker 3: A number of things, us never but.
Speaker 4: There is one thing you and I have come together on and.
Speaker 2: We are very we are very passionate about it as well.
Speaker 4: We're going to dive into that topic coming up in minutes.
Speaker 2: Done over, Welcome morning, everyone, just gone seventeen to nine. Hot to Stay of the Year in Sorry Hot to stay in seventeen years. They're predicting today it's going to be crazy. Be careful if you're heading to the AO slip slop, slap, just be careful. In general, that's the rule Tony should have followed.
Speaker 4: Tony Jones. We're talking about this.
Speaker 7: Earlier, Tony Jones, your old Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now, he was playing pickleball. I think Elena was there, Todd was there, John Milman was there, all the big athletes, and he took a tumble.
Speaker 4: Diving for a fourhands. Now, the thing is he was committed at that age. I'm not sure if he took a tumble, like.
Speaker 6: Are you're over? Was it a fall or did he have a fall? Should we ask the man himself?
Speaker 2: Very different joining us from life support this morning. I like ToJ.
Speaker 4: I like TJ.
Speaker 12: Yeah, sorry, just down to and they're just changing the travenus trip TJ.
Speaker 7: I mean, I loved your commitment when you went face first. How are the injuries look?
Speaker 12: I've been a little better, I've got to say.
Speaker 4: Is it is?
Speaker 12: It is taking me a while to get on set. I mean, you know, the legs not I'm more concerned about tomorrow night at one of the concerts here I'm going to see kid Leroy and I did.
Speaker 3: Kid l Kilroy.
Speaker 12: Kid Leroy, isn't it?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Anyway, so I want to make sure that I'm at my bed so I can just sort of like be standing in the wash pit with everyone else.
Speaker 7: Now, TJ, what hurt more your bruised knee or your bruised ego?
Speaker 12: Definitely the bruise.
Speaker 4: Did you make the shot?
Speaker 12: Did I make the shot?
Speaker 9: Elena?
Speaker 4: You you saw it?
Speaker 14: Yeah, he made the shot just like Boris Becker.
Speaker 3: Oh, Elana Duck is there? Good morning?
Speaker 12: Haven't you all come to life? Now you've got to start?
Speaker 4: TJ?
Speaker 3: Can you hand the phone back?
Speaker 5: I didn't like how they all laughed at you, teacher.
Speaker 4: Hang on, I've got the audio clock.
Speaker 12: Of actonins Wide World Sports.
Speaker 4: TJ.
Speaker 9: Great effort here, great, Yeah, I mean this was like a Boris Becker does and you are okay, we're confirming that we're getting you some ice spread efforts.
Speaker 4: It was worse than slow ma It's great.
Speaker 12: Look, well it was worse in my shoes. But the worst part was that when because it was like at work, they had to in occupational no ambulance there they were so yeah, exactly what happened and the guy checking it. Yeah, absolutely serious, And the guy was checking out my knee and he's gone, Jesus, bloody's swollen. And I said, actually it's.
Speaker 8: The other.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, they didn't.
Speaker 2: Will you out on the Saint John's Chair of shame that you see people leaving the race course?
Speaker 12: No, the one, the one we normally willed.
Speaker 7: Now, did you see him out there on the weekend, because I was getting many reports of him being drunk and disorderly walking around Melbourne Park.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 12: I tell you one thing about clan. He always conducts himself in a very very respectable manner.
Speaker 3: He talking about.
Speaker 12: Having said that he was polack.
Speaker 3: Finished just quickly.
Speaker 4: It just doesn't matter.
Speaker 7: How are you going to cope out there in today's he are you all talking about it ready?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Well look I'm just basically wearing a tank top tonight. Yeah, so I'm looking forward to that. And John Milman's here at the moment. He's just got pudos on and Elane is the only one sort of carrying out It's all right, Elane, I'm not going to stay carrying out a respectable fashions bright, good on you.
Speaker 3: Well, you're all doing a great job out there at Melbourne Park.
Speaker 2: We love watching you enjoy enjoy kid Lee Roy Hill kid Leer.
Speaker 12: Oh yeah, yeah, I know he's great. I've got all these records.
Speaker 4: Oh well.
Speaker 6: Ninth broadcast starts from ten am with the Morning Serve, TJ and the guys, Candy Jones.
Speaker 4: Alive and well good on your TJ.
Speaker 12: Is Clint's name in the show yet.
Speaker 2: Sudget's like like ten to nine, currently about to hit twenty degrees, not even halfway to where we're going today. Forty five is a top. What is it about eleven o'clock? They reckon, we'll be in the thirties. Yeah, Ready, it's.
Speaker 3: Going to be an absolute scorch of meloent.
Speaker 4: Zooper dupers are your friend?
Speaker 5: Not until four o'clock will it hit forty five?
Speaker 2: And then what's still going to be mid thirty tonight for sleeping that ain't happening right across Melbourne. This is over one hundred. You're on the air with Jason Lauren Clints here too. We're doing to thank So I mate to sholready express and laws I mentioned earlier. It's not many things you and I agree on, but there's something we do come together on.
Speaker 3: And we're both very passionate and heeded agreement.
Speaker 4: And that is the dishwasher and how to pack it.
Speaker 7: We are like honestly, if Paul even attempts to pack it, which is rare because there's something actually, I think medically wrong with him that makes him unable to open the dishwasher and put things in it. He can put it right above it, right next to it. Not great at the transfer into the dishwasher. And I'm kind of okay with that because I like it neatly.
Speaker 2: See, I think my wife's caught the same bug. In fact, bringing up our three boys. I thought the other day it is my responsibility as a parent to teach them right from wrong and how to pack a dition.
Speaker 4: I got a lesson.
Speaker 3: All Wise, things come out, they're wet, they're not cleaning.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so you two, I've seen some photos of some scenes from Jason's house, and.
Speaker 4: It is not we take photo. We take photos of our dishwashers and send them to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, honestly, it's just disgraced.
Speaker 2: I could get everything in my kitchen in one dishwasher.
Speaker 4: Here's ago, scientists.
Speaker 3: I sometimes run two dishwashers at the time. I'm passionate.
Speaker 4: That next everybody sparkling water tap one of them.
Speaker 3: I love it, but I don't have a pool.
Speaker 7: You've got a pull and you won't let me use it.
Speaker 2: Scientists have made headlines over the weekend because they have been trying to do research to clear up the debate.
Speaker 4: Should cutlery go up or down in the dishwasher?
Speaker 3: Down?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 3: The verdict it's got to be down.
Speaker 4: Well.
Speaker 2: Some manufacturers like l G or Bosh have the cutlery placing down.
Speaker 3: Now, this is all the big topics we're covering on the show.
Speaker 4: Of an interview we did.
Speaker 7: You don't want to grab the knives or with the forks and you put your dirty fingers on the fox.
Speaker 4: Say the cutler is facing up dry, but anyway up or down? Who cares? Just shove it in.
Speaker 2: Last you know what you don't you don't deserve a dishwasher. Last year on the show we caught up with a dishwasher experts.
Speaker 7: Now, stick with it because it sounds ridiculous, but I'm telling you it's probably one of my favorite interviews with every time, my favorite.
Speaker 4: The best, I mean, Chris Hemsworth, Matt Diamond, not bad get about them, Andrew the dish washer our winner.
Speaker 2: Do you need to rinse your plates and get everything off them before you put them in a dishwasher?
Speaker 4: No, absolutely, categorically no.
Speaker 16: And the reason why is because the dishwasher is set up to clean your plates. If you do basically the job of cleaning, it not only kind of wasting energy and water, but actually you're kind of messing with the dishwasher system. So the way a dishwasher works typically most people pick the auto program that works is it doesn't look at what you've stacked. It looks at how cloudy and dirty the water is.
Speaker 4: Its sensor and.
Speaker 16: It's called a stability sensor, and basically it looks how cloudy the water is. So if you're basically putting clean water through, it doesn't really know what it's supposed to do. And also it kind of needs you to put your normal load how you would put dirty dishes in?
Speaker 7: How dirty though? Like can you lead food scraps on the plate?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Like and the battered chicken still have rice on it?
Speaker 16: Yeah? I mean a bit of rice is fine. I think any like real big chunks of food scraping off into the bin or the compost.
Speaker 4: If you if you fond of the gun.
Speaker 16: But anything that is just like a bit of a smear on a plate, you don't worry about it. It's it's set up to clean it and if your dish wash is good, it'll deal with it.
Speaker 4: No, I love this segment. What I love this is the stuff you would not.
Speaker 7: Okay, question wine glasses. Are they safe in the dishwasher?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 16: Absolutely, I mean, like you probably anything that's like crystal or like really nice. That's where a pick a delicate cycle which used around forty degrees, they should be fine. I mean, like the rule of thumb is if you drink out of it, put it on the top rag. If you eat out, put it on the bottom.
Speaker 4: You know, I did not know that rule, but yeah, it's not commonly known. In my group of.
Speaker 7: Drawers, is only one level, but you can flip these little things down on the side.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we've all got the flip. We've all got the flip.
Speaker 2: You know what I only realized the other day, Andrew, You'll be You'll be just like, oh boy, you haven't lived.
Speaker 7: The level of the top shelf.
Speaker 2: I didn't realize you could lower the level of the top for long stems.
Speaker 16: To get like like a long stem wine glass in or if you want to put some stuff below that's high, you don't want to block the spreads, you can move up.
Speaker 4: Below.
Speaker 7: I've got another question. I mean if there if I was going to the Olympics for something, it would be stacking the dishwasher like.
Speaker 3: Cutlery.
Speaker 7: The knives are together together just.
Speaker 4: Quickly, like knives up board, knives down. Doesn't matter, depends, it doesn't matter.
Speaker 16: But I would usually say put a sharp knives down in case.
Speaker 4: Because you could scrap.
Speaker 7: And now I'm sure you're going to give me the text book correct answer here. But for us me immortals, how often do we need to run the dishwasher cycle on the dishwasher?
Speaker 3: Like you know, you clean the.
Speaker 4: Entire you get that and you get a little get that orange.
Speaker 7: Orange people upside down?
Speaker 4: Are you the cleaning bottle?
Speaker 7: Do you need to clean the dishwasher?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 16: I would say probably once every twenty to twenty five cycles. You probably want to run a machines machine cycle wash.
Speaker 7: We're filthy people, we are twenty cycles. Like you've got four keen? How many kids? You got three?
Speaker 4: I think I think I think three plus.
Speaker 7: You So you would do twenty cycles in a way.
Speaker 3: I mean you should be doing it every week just about.
Speaker 4: It does depend on how much using.
Speaker 16: It also depends as well, Like people always forget to get spray arms out. Get them out every sort of month.
Speaker 2: Probably those things that go round actually take them out.
Speaker 16: Take them out, and like because they get blocked with food, Like you'll block the jets and you want to take them out. Get a little like a matchstick or something like that, or tooth pick, pick anything out and then run some water through them and then you'll find that they run better and you tell him was.
Speaker 7: No one's doing that. I have never in all of my years of popping into friends houses have I I've walked in on them doing the vacuuming. I've walked in on them doing the mopping. I've walked in on them changing the beds. I've never walked in and soon someone cleaning what did you call it? The squirter arms?
Speaker 2: Never Andrew, We really appreciate you jumping on the show.
Speaker 4: I know it's early where you are, so thank you so much for your time. I love the experts segment. This has been awesome.
Speaker 7: Thanks and no problem.
Speaker 4: Thanks you are on the air with Jason Lauren clint here as well. That is it. We are getting out of here.
Speaker 2: Big shout out to our mates of Cole's Sorry shell Ready Express get there. Make sure you hit up shell Reready Express today, Mayo saying the frozen coke machine will get a workout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the ice cream fridge as well.
Speaker 7: It is going to be a scorch of Melbourne, expected to hit forty five degrees with the height of the heat coming late this afternoon. But please stay hydrated, stay indoors if you have to sit in the air con and look out. I know you guys are teasing me, but put some more out. Look after the animals give them something to drink.
Speaker 6: The elderly, but on the elder ask a very important question, what's your favorite Zooper Dooper flavor?
Speaker 3: Perfloss?
Speaker 4: Is that the grapefruit pink? The purple col is not bad?
Speaker 3: No, it's great. It's not grape fruit.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, sorry, influence.
Speaker 4: I'm so glad I asked.
Speaker 3: I think it might be greape great grape isn't.
Speaker 4: I'm an orange gu Oh, you a wanker? Say that you get chat starts for it? What's wrong with the No one needs orange eighteen. Always color colors so strong, color strong.
Speaker 3: I like grape.
Speaker 7: You hate grape forru Grape fruits so sour good?
Speaker 5: Yeah, cordial as well.
Speaker 4: Do you get orange cordial too? I get fruit drink?
Speaker 3: People still drinking cordial?
Speaker 4: Do you actually go to fruit cup? It's very good, it's very strong. I got something to roll up when I was six.
Speaker 5: All right, so what are you both doing to?
Speaker 7: By the way, sorry, I'm told the purple is black currant. It is not grape and it is not greape.
Speaker 4: I apologize in his pool just you know, not having any burn.
Speaker 2: You know what we got given as a gift of Christmas from my sister and Louis sister gave us an inflatable outdoor movie screen so that you can set up in the pool.
Speaker 3: Today is not the day. Today, he's way.
Speaker 7: Too What about tonight it's going to be the hottest at five pm?
Speaker 5: Is your pooling full sun?
Speaker 4: Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'll be this afternoon. You're I'm going to beau.
Speaker 7: You are kidding yourself if you think he's stepping foot outside at all today?
Speaker 3: You have a rocks in it. He doesn't like it when it's over twenty three.
Speaker 4: I'm just using me double that I was telling you last week. The raptor.
Speaker 2: I can access the forward app and start cooling down the car. Before I get that, I've already started the carts running.
Speaker 4: In the carpa.
Speaker 3: It wouldn't it be nice to have that much money? You could just churn through petrol like that?
Speaker 7: Well, like get ready to drive to my mansion with my swimming props.
Speaker 4: He doesn't pay for it. Have a great everyone, I'm a petrol car.
Speaker 3: Than guys, did you get a petrol car?
Speaker 4: I'm paying for the fuel, thank you.
Speaker 3: I pay for the Are you scratching like that? You just got a nervous rash? Do you get a petrol car?
Speaker 4: It's the eight.
Speaker 3: Do you pay for your tolls?
Speaker 7: Yes?
Speaker 4: My fines are my toes I pay for.
Speaker 3: Does he pay for his tolls? Yes, it's a.
Speaker 4: Pay for my tolls. I promise you.
Speaker 3: Scammer.
Speaker 7: Are you not letting us come over for a swimming your pool? Because you've got to sign out the front five dollars for a swim and you're making money of your neighbor.
Speaker 4: If my ten year olds listening, honey, will do that?
Speaker 7: Do that?
Speaker 4: He'll sit there with these little square app Can you go.
Speaker 7: You're actually turning into Homer Simpson and his bart Remember when.
Speaker 4: Family have a.
Speaker 2: Great day of run and try and stay cool, look out for each other. We will see you tomorrow morning.
Speaker 4: Bye bye. Thank you.
Speaker 5: Lauren.
Speaker 11: Wake hot, feeling good.
Speaker 7: Follow I'm on the socials
Speaker 10: Mhm.