Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gadiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining us.
Speaker 2: Today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. Oh my pits are so so wet today. Is it hot in here? Well, you look like you're ding batting, zoned out? What were you just looking at nothing? Just zoning thinking about you?
Speaker 1: Remember, because you said that your pits were sweating, and I was thinking about being sick recently and that I soaked the whole bed in sweat, like in one of the night sweats. And then I had to like literally take all my clothes off because they were actually drenched, and then put towels all down on the bed. And mind you, when I was so sick, aj sleeps next to me and he does not get sick.
Speaker 2: I know. It's the same thing with Sky. Sky someone who gets sick a lot, and I do get sick sometimes more often than you, but I'm also someone who like rarely gets sick, and Sky will always get sick, and he goes and sleeps on the lounge because he doesn't want to make me.
Speaker 1: Sick, and then she should be the one volunteering to sleep on the lamp.
Speaker 2: No, because I'm like, sleep in the fucking bed next to me. I'm not going true, get on your side of the bed and sleep there, darling. I'm not gonna fuck off over to the lounge, and you don't have to either. I'm like, because I'm just someone like, if it's gonna happen, it's gonna happen. You may as well unscathed. But obviously Skuy's really consider it and doesn't want to get me sick. But I'm like, please get me sick, give me a week off work. Anyway. What was I wanting to talk about in this close friends that?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there's been a lot of chatter. There's been some chatter. There's been a little bit of chatter. I don't know how much chatter there's been. But I don't know if you've heard about the catch up trap. But our dear friend, friend of the pod, friend of the show texted me earlier ten your hennessy, she wrote an article I believe the Body and Soul originally, and I'm not sure whether it was her thing or whether she was inspired by someone, but it was titled Tanya Hannessy, Are you stuck in the catch up Trap? I am? And she goes on in the article to explain basically that the catch up trap is when two people live their lives separately and they catch up over lunch or dinner or a walk or drinks, you know, every few months, to tell each other about it, but they never actually create new memories and experiences together.
Speaker 1: I saw this too. I'll tell you the interesting thing about this as well. I know we're going to unpack it all and go through it, but the interesting thing is that this is something that a lot of people experience, like as we go into adulthood and into our thirties. But why do we get caught up in this when a lot of us are posting what we're doing online? Anyway?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So true? What have you done?
Speaker 1: What have been doing lately? When like, you can see everything on Instagram.
Speaker 2: But you can't see everything not everyone. So I went out for lunch yesterday with my best friend who just went away for I want to say, two months, and obviously they were posting photos of her and her partner were posting photos online, but I didn't really get to hear anything, you know, And I was like, yes, we saw a lot, but I asked her things like you know, what was your favorite part or like what was and she was like, oh, Cancun was good for this, but then Bolivia was good for this, and so they were all, you know, you get to but you're so right, like what have you been up to? Well, I guess you want to know the tea though. It's really funny and ironic though, because Tanya and I have this friendship that she's talking about, the catch up trap. Tanya and I when we go out, when we catch up, it is over all.
Speaker 1: We get out of this well. But I think this is like you get to a certain age and you no longer creating memories. You're just catching up with people.
Speaker 2: So I said to the girls I went out for lunch yesterday, I brought this up, and I was like, girls, next time, because I look at the last twelve months of catching up and these are girls that I went to high school with and are still friends with. I'm only friends with like three people from high school and these three goals. And I said, girls, we need to next time. This is going to be a lovely lunch. It's going to be beautiful. We went to quite a nice restaurant, although the service was poor and the food was average, but we were we I was like, this is lovely. It's actually been a few months because we haven't caught up since, like before Christmas. So happy to catch up today and tell everyone about what we've been up to. But next time we should make a conscious decision to do something, or if we go out to lunch or dinner, we do that, but then what are we doing to.
Speaker 1: Do something after the situations that we're putting ourselves in where you are just going out for a breakfast or a lunch or a cocktail, so you're just sitting and chatting, yes, as opposed to doing some sort of activity.
Speaker 2: I think obviously you still want to catch up. But I said, next time, let's go for dinner at the Star and see a musical. Because I don't think we'll ever in our lives say to each other after today's lunch. This is what I said to the girls. I don't think ever in our lives will we say remember that lunch we went to. But if we had maybe gone and seen a musical after it? Today yeah, we would say, remember that when we saw that musical, how good that musical was. We still don't talk about the lunch, but at least there's something that we did that we were able to talk about.
Speaker 1: Our activities. Yeah, but I feel like the go to now we're just so in like the fucking going out for cocktails and food era. But that's all it is. But I'm all for activities. I'm all for activities and not doing the catch up trap because as for me personally, I can't stand small talk. How have you been, what's been going on, how's the business gone? Do you know what I mean? I'm happy to do it and I'll sink cocktails and talk shit, but like, ugh, let's do something more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure. But we did a bit of a brainstorm yesterday at lunch of like things we could do. We were coming up with the most wild things because like the next time we get together, we might go and do Actua golf or go to a driving range and do golf. Ashley, my best friend, she was like, perhaps we play golf, and I went, no, I'm not going to play a whole eighteen hole golf course. Cannot be bothered. But I'll do it, I'll hit the ball into the water or you know, go to a driving range or something. But I think golf is like a big step for us as people who have never done anything to go out to lunch. And you know, I also am like, you know, another one of my friends has two kids, and I'm like, you know, when the four of us get together for lunch, Like, although you know, leaving the two kids at home and coming for a fabulous lunch is probably a lovely thing, I'm like, she probably wants to get out as well and like, actually, like do something fabulous. I'm not saying, by the way, Mariah listens to the podcast, and I love you, Mariah. I'm not saying all you do is sit at home all day with your kids and do nothing. But I'm just like those moments where we do catch up, surely Mariah would be more interested in like doing a fun activity than just like having a nice lunch. And so yeah, we're making it in our friend group a bit of a thing. And thank you Tanya Hannessy and whoever you were inspired by, if it wasn't you, for starting this conversation, because when I think about it, that's all I do with anyone. Also on the flip side of this, do you find that kind of awkward going out for dinner with AJ?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: Okay, so I find it not awkward. Maybe isn't the right word. But like, when Sky and I go out to dinner, I.
Speaker 1: Don't have anything to talk about talk about.
Speaker 2: I don't know everything. What are we gonna talk about? We've already told each other all the gossip from everyone in our lives.
Speaker 1: I get that sometimes when you sit there, like, but then we always just have someone come and meet us, Like we always go out with someone else. Oh okay, Sometimes when we go by ourselves, I'm like, what the fuck are we going to talk about? We've been talking twenty four to seven our whole lives, and I feel like we.
Speaker 2: Look maybe like a really unhappy couple, because like, sometimes me and Sky will just sit there in silence. Yeah, and we're on a date night, but we've spoken all fucking wait already. Not he has nothing else to tell me. I have nothing else to tell him. We know everything about each other. So then we go out on this really nice get dressed up. Sometimes we will stay at a nice hotel in the city as well, and really make a thing out of it, and then we get to dinner and we're just.
Speaker 1: Like, what do we say we talk about?
Speaker 2: Because you already know everything anyway, But the catch up trap, Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to. So I thought we could brainstorm some things together. So I've got you know, you go to a musical or go and see a show of some type, and then we had golf or you know, your acua golf. What other things come to the top of your mind that I could like do with my friends or that would avoid the catch up trap, or at least if you're going to go for a dinner, do the dinner, do the catch up there, because also you might be a bit preoccupied if you're bowling or something, you don't have time to actually like catch up. So I'm still all about having a dinner where you go, what have you've been up to? Yeah, but then maybe bowling afterwards. Right, we've had the catch up. Now we're bowling and we're having a fun time. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What else is there to do? Literally, what else is there to do besides movies bowling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, movies I don't like because you can't talk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I haven't been to the movies last time. I went to the movies. Was when the Barbie movie came out.
Speaker 2: I guess you can't talk at the theater either, but that's a different thing. Yeah, it's a whole different thing. Yeah, the Barbie movie. Wow, so you still haven't watched Wicked? No, oh my god, at the times girl. But also you may as well just wait now because in November part two we'll be out watch both back to back. Other things to do, especially in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Go to a day spar together.
Speaker 2: Oh now that's nice actually, big massage five with the friend with the girl, the.
Speaker 1: Hunter Valley, go to the Royal day spar up.
Speaker 2: There a bit of wine tasting one to or just because you're catching up, but you're doing a wine to do. You know what this is?
Speaker 1: You just go to like go to the Hunt of Valley or wherever your local vineyard is, and you can still go out for lunch, but go out for lunch at a winery that also does wine tastings, so then you can all stand around try the wines and have something else to talk about, yes, other than what you've been up too lately.
Speaker 2: Oh, this is blowing my mind. I'm going to have to suggest all of these things to the girls. When I get back from America, we'll be doing all of this, all of these things. The Hunter Valley wine thing, ye is fabulous, And I'm also happy to be so sober driver.
Speaker 1: You know, yes, spit it out when you taste wine.
Speaker 2: Shit. I did one and I drank the whole time.
Speaker 1: I think you can do either, all right, Yeah, oh, maybe we should do one, mat because you said you don't like red wine.
Speaker 2: I don't, so maybe I can find one.
Speaker 1: I fucking love red wine. I'm actually so excited that summer is coming to an end. To be fair, I've been drinking red wine all through summer, but when the weather's cooling down, having a red wine at night really just like, yeah, it's like room temperature.
Speaker 2: You don't put it in the fridge, do you know.
Speaker 1: But although you can get chilled reds, and sometimes when we go out for dinner, we'll order like a chilled red So that's another thing why I like going out for dinner with aj because we both love red and it's just like an experience together, like looking at the menu picking what red we want, like it just adds to the dinner. So maybe you need to you and Sky need to enjoy red so then you can enjoy dinner together a bit more. And then after a couple of reds, it's endless. A ship that you can talk about.
Speaker 2: Right see sky And I don't drink, so I only drink if I'm getting drunk. Do you know what I mean? Like, I won't go to.
Speaker 1: Three glasses are red and your piass really? Yes, Okay, we'll have one glass. Sometimes I'm a pino noir.
Speaker 2: Girl to tell you have to give me a good brand favorite one.
Speaker 1: Also like a shoe rabs too, to be honest. And I only started liking red wine maybe last year, I want to say, but I liked San Gria for years, has read in it?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm going to give a shout out to right now? Bonalds Bay.
Speaker 1: Where's that?
Speaker 2: I don't know if it's Central Coast, but it's more mora set area. Bonnles Bay, Go, Google Girl, Trinity is Yeah, it's yeah, literally two minutes Bonnles b O n n E L L S. I think, yeah, Bonald's Bay. There we go. So if you could just go to maps for me, just maps, thank you, go Google Girl, and then we're going to zoom into Bonnles Bay, and I'm going to show you the most fabulous if you scroll across. Sorry, yeah, keep going down and keep going down. Shout out to bonals Bay, because here are the street names in Bonnles Bay. We've got Reaesling Road, We've got Cemelon close, We've got Merlow close.
Speaker 1: The Dello Street, Sharaz Drive.
Speaker 2: Where, Yeah, Theidello Street? What else? We got Bailey Street? What's down here? What's near Merlow Close? Over here on the in the middle. Yeah, and then what's that little one there? Oh that's Merlow Close? Well, anyway, all the streets. Yeah, how did you know that? I won't tell you used to hook.
Speaker 1: Up with the guy.
Speaker 2: It's a surprise, all right, we'll keep it a surprise. We'll keep it a secret. All right. That's enough of that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, Yeah, the hotel, Motel, Holiday.
Speaker 2: Inn hold in anyway, that's really cab, like all the street names are whine.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: And then they've got another part of Bonalds Bay as well, which I only just saw on the map just then as we were looking. And it looks like if you go over to the left, keep going, keep going, keep going to that retirement village sort of vibe. Keep going, Ye're in there, zoom in there. They're all birds. We've got Plover Place, We've got Kingfisher Streets, Seagull Street, Pelican Avenue, Wow Avenue, Egret Avenue, and we've got uh what else? Were there? Sandpipe of place? They're all birds?
Speaker 1: What the hell goes on?
Speaker 2: If you have any fun things like this, I would love to know about them, Like if you know of suburbs like Bonalds Bay where all the street names are are a certain way for a certain reason. Let me bloody, you know, because I think this is my not hyper fixation, but it's just mine. It's just something that makes me so fucking happy. I'm just like, that's perfect. You wish areas I don't know, have a look to see, say when did Bonald's Bay get created? This is Charas Drive. How about we just type in a random number charads drive into Google. Go Google, girl, You're right if you go Bonalds Bay and then type in like Charas Drive and then just think of a number off the top of your head. So then click that and what year was that built? Because it'll tell us two thousand and three by the looks of it. Scroll down again. Scroll down, scroll down, scroll down. We're on real estate dot com now. So it was sold in two thousand and one. I'm assuming that's the block of land were sold for ninety two thousand and then in two thousand and three it's sold for one hundred and fifty three thousand dollars. So early two thousands, Monalds Bay came up and about, and I'm sure there's some newer houses in there now. But she shout out to fucking bond Bottle's Bay. Do we have any scrollers in Bondal's Bay?
Speaker 1: I think I've ever been there in my life. Anyway, Still want to go to Morrisset?
Speaker 2: Maybe I want I have to go to Merlow Close? Merlow Close, can you throw a street party and invite us? All right, scrollers party in Merlow clothes? Anyway? Is this a close Friend's episode? Good? We're done and dusted, then fabulous. I'm ready to go and get a meat pie. Hannah's shaking her head. They're still not back. I was really hoping this close Friends. Yeah, I was really hoping that that would just manifest that the meat pie machine was back here at Do you have any food.
Speaker 1: Hannah that snacks in the vending machine. No, I don't want to make a delivery of the groceries this morning.
Speaker 2: I'm not paying for it. I want just like a snack draw. Is there a snackdraw? This, pretzels, you know what? Downstairs though, there was one day a bowl. Sorry, i'll wrap this up in one second, but there was a bowl on the table full of stuff and it looked like packets of chips or lollies. And I went off there and I walked over to the bowl. It was full of smooth FM tissue packets. Anyway, I took six, so it was great. Thanks for listening, scrollers. We'll see you next Tuesday.