Speaker 1: Who are you, Cooper?
Speaker 2: Who am I?
Speaker 3: I am Bruce Springsteon.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, that actually that work.
Speaker 2: Just just on that. The biopics coming out soon.
Speaker 3: Who's playing Bruce Springsteen?
Speaker 1: Young man from the bed from the bed?
Speaker 3: What's his name? Lee Lee something, Jamie Lee White or something? Yeah, Jeremy Yeah, Lee Allen Allen was shameless, Jeremy Allen White something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That sounds more like, Yeah, we've got the al and we've got the White.
Speaker 3: We're sweet hyphonation. Yeah. So if you listen to the last week's episode, this week Trisha come up with dress as your favorite rock star this week? So I am Bruce Springsteen. Dad, Who are you?
Speaker 2: I'm Liam Gallagher?
Speaker 3: Liam Gallagher?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 1: Who do I look like you are?
Speaker 2: Super tramp? Jimmy barnes Man, Richard Clapton, Micaulay.
Speaker 4: Culcont I actually feel like going out after this dress like this? Do it in my ever my sunny is and mine?
Speaker 2: Your Deborah Harry Blondie Blondie.
Speaker 3: Yes, And now look, there is something I want to bring up because.
Speaker 1: Over here I don't know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Jack, you are dressed as Batman. More importantly, Adam West like the seventies Batman with the gray suit, the best Batman. Yeap, the best one. Why what did you just think it'd be funny?
Speaker 5: Well, you said rock stars, and then I didn't. I didn't read it right, read it probably?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he sort of said rock Spiders.
Speaker 5: I didn't really, I didn't. I didn't prepare well and I found whatever I hit my hands on. But Ozzy Osborne didn't eat a bat so maybe we can work with that.
Speaker 2: Well. The band, the band Black Grape, who came out of Happy Mondays. They got a song called Kelly's Heroes where he's dressed up as Batman. So let's just say you're Seoran Rider.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not enough people know who Sean Rider.
Speaker 2: Leads to the Happy Mondays. If you watch you a Celebrity goggle.
Speaker 1: Box, he's funny with his mate.
Speaker 2: Him and bears.
Speaker 1: Hilarious.
Speaker 3: Do you even get UK celebrity gobble? Is it on Free to Wear?
Speaker 2: Is it Fox?
Speaker 3: Is it on Foxtel?
Speaker 4: Is it?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 2: What the hell?
Speaker 3: I don't even know that?
Speaker 1: Hilarious?
Speaker 3: Okay, Tricia, you've come up with the introductory question today.
Speaker 1: Allow me.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: I went and saw Materialists, which is a new movie at the cinema.
Speaker 1: Which I loved.
Speaker 4: What's it's about a matchmaker in New York City? So I pose the question to you people, would you ever use a matchmaking service?
Speaker 5: Match making is in that so he doesn't like make matches. That's what I thought you said when you said matchmaking.
Speaker 1: No, no matchmaking.
Speaker 3: Matches like that? No?
Speaker 1: Mate? Oh my god?
Speaker 2: Dating app?
Speaker 1: Did you go to school?
Speaker 3: A dating app? So I was not a dating app?
Speaker 4: This is where other people set up dates for you. That the matchmaking that service. Yeah, it's been around for a long time, way before.
Speaker 2: So Tinder before Tinder and all that. But someone else sets it up at third party.
Speaker 1: So what they do?
Speaker 4: They interview you, They take all your criteria what are you looking for? And a woman, what are you looking for in a date or a partner, a life partner, et cetera, et cetera. And based upon the criteria and the answers, they'll match you with someone else that they find is suitable. And they'll say, okay, well you know, you go.
Speaker 1: On a date with this person and you do your best.
Speaker 4: So from this movie, what I want you people, would you use a dating service?
Speaker 1: And what would your three non negotiables be like?
Speaker 3: Your three filters for like, you know, you want someone who's blonde or yeah.
Speaker 2: Three, you're three ones not negotiables.
Speaker 4: Like, so, can I just say in the movie, it was really interesting for the women. It was they all had to be tall. I didn't know that there was this obsession.
Speaker 3: With women love torments.
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't surprise me that you don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. There's something and in fact, I think too tall. No.
Speaker 3: See now, nowadays women won't go for someone who's under six foot. That's boundary.
Speaker 1: That's weird.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so, dad, Dad, it's still like that.
Speaker 2: Jesus change my mind dating soon.
Speaker 1: The other thing is hairline, Jesus receiving.
Speaker 2: I got to go to Turkey, man, I got to do this.
Speaker 4: And they have to earn over two hundred k. Now, but the men, though, this is what that from the movie. I'm just saying it's from the movie. Their criteria was they wanted younger women, usually.
Speaker 1: In their twenties. They all wanted them to be slim, tick and beautiful.
Speaker 3: They're very standard on negotiables.
Speaker 1: Well are they?
Speaker 3: Though?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, what is yours?
Speaker 3: Mine would be my non negotiables. First, I wouldn't do it. But if I was to now, I don't. I don't do like dating.
Speaker 2: Apps and ship anything you don't do.
Speaker 3: I would somebody. They have to be under six foot woman, can. I wouldn't want someone taller than me. I think that'd be too much.
Speaker 5: You'd be your six one, aren't you?
Speaker 3: Yeah? But I wouldn't. That's why I'm saying under six four okay, because I don't want someone under towering over you, you know.
Speaker 1: What I mean'd taller than you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's not an ego thing. Guys, know what you're thinking shallow Hell, I'm not shallow. I just don't want someone taller than me, which is fair enough.
Speaker 2: You got to be big men on campus.
Speaker 3: I second, non negotiable. Nice eyes either either blue or green brown? Nah you mah blue or green, girl, I would only go that brown probably not. And good teeth. I'm more of a and not necessarily like just straight, my son, Just straight teeth, you know what I mean? Just straight? Like you don't be missing any.
Speaker 2: Now what do you got jack? Who would be carefully because your partner gyms very.
Speaker 3: Similar to teeth.
Speaker 5: I do like eyes, but a smile like a smile, So Hedge end up with you.
Speaker 3: Very funny.
Speaker 1: She's lovely.
Speaker 5: As one of Batman's greatest villains, the Joker, he always liked to smile.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, nice.
Speaker 4: What about you, Matt, This would be interesting. I just remember your wife sitting across from you.
Speaker 2: I know, I've gone Brunette tick tick lucky.
Speaker 4: Really you wouldn't go out with the blonde. That's a non negotiable, really, Brunette. Is there a reason for that?
Speaker 1: That's very limiting.
Speaker 2: It's just I don't know, it's just I've just always dug Brunette.
Speaker 1: Really yeah, so like right now with my blonde wig, you're not digging me?
Speaker 3: No, no, okay, sorry, So I was gonna say, can you pull your mic down a tournament? We can't see your face? Just a tiny bit.
Speaker 2: There we go? Perfect, Thanks very much. Great to every producer from the studio. Brunette and not a ballbuster. So for the liberal, I'm going to go down the pub. Ah, go and enjoy yourself over the time you recognize you'll be home. I don't know, Just make you sure it's before next Saturday.
Speaker 3: Very hard to measure that on a dating app, like that. Personality traits and if you're wondering why dad at of Testy. It's because he's been a ship mood or week with you too, not just me with everyone.
Speaker 2: I just have not just I'm not the set mood there. I'm being genuine Okay.
Speaker 4: My first non negotiable is he has to be kind Okay, Tick has to have kind eyes.
Speaker 2: Tick.
Speaker 4: Now, they don't have to be the most beautiful eyes, but they just have to be kind eyes. You know, you see people and they just have kind eyes. And my last non negotiable would be teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's a good one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm just teeth are very yeah awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you're talking to someone just some tooth.
Speaker 1: Or they need to have a full set of teeth. Yeah yeah, I don't care if they're theirs or not. They just need to be a full going forward.
Speaker 3: When we do an intro question, let's make it a little bit more simple.
Speaker 1: I love that.
Speaker 2: I like that's a very good I enjoyed that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too.
Speaker 2: You gotta have teeth, you gotta have teeth, you do have teeth.
Speaker 3: Hey, can I quickly bring something up a little bit of rugby league thing? I like we bring up Alex Johnston, Right, I wanted just a little talking point for US Alex Johnson his six tries off breaking the Rugby League tri scoring record, which is what? Which is? I don't know exactly hundred and twelve? I think thirteen the record is.
Speaker 2: The record is Kenny Irvine two hundred and twelve. He needs seventies a two hundred and six.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 3: And obviously in the AFL when Buddy Franklin kicked a hundred or a thousand goals whatever it was, they ended up everyone stormed the field at the SCG. Do you think if Alex Johnson scores, is it going to be a thing wherever one or should it be a thing wherever one storms the field?
Speaker 1: Where are they're playing?
Speaker 3: Well, we don't know when he's gonna break.
Speaker 1: It this weekend. Where are they playing.
Speaker 2: Let's say a call, Okay, let's say Princess has got to have one security.
Speaker 4: But security at the moment too, Apparently there's a whole alert.
Speaker 2: You know, when I was a kid, the moment the full time siren went, whether it be local football or Sydney football, you'd run from the field. You could actually grab hold of your heroes, like pat him on the back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these days the world is a different place.
Speaker 3: I'm all mean, from a perspective, let's not let's take security out of it. True, this is from a perspective of and when he scores, it's during the game, like you know, if he scores the tribe, then everyone flies, even if there's fifteen minutes to go in the game. Because that' happening with Buddy Franklin's one, they had to get everyone off and then they finished the game.
Speaker 2: Same with Plaguer Lockett and he had his two. Same thing.
Speaker 3: It's a very AFL thing, but I kind of liked it. I thought it was. I think there are some moments that are bigger than the game, like bigger than the game at that current.
Speaker 2: Ah. I heard now there was a game. There was a game. I think it was South It was Sous versus the Tigers, and I don't know what it was. I was covering it for Channel nine. But at the end of the game, they had players standing in the middle of the field and they put a like a rope around so people came onto. It was at the sug and people came onto the field, but they yeah, like.
Speaker 5: They did for they did it for Heindi's farewells. Similar thing where they go every on the field, but there was like a roped off section in the middle of the field. Think it's very hard to during the game. It's hard to organize, you know, getting people straight afterwards to do that because you know you have to set it all up and whatnot, and then by that sage people trying to get out of it.
Speaker 2: I don't know, man, I think they would hang around if a J broke that record and they said at the end of the game, come on the fill, we're going to have a big presentation. I'd hang around for that.
Speaker 1: Who are they playing this weekend? Anyone off the store?
Speaker 3: Play the Storm? They're playing the Dolphins. He has to score seven.
Speaker 2: She's just she's she's on the bit, she's ready to go. She's pro a J.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he's got to score seven.
Speaker 1: He's seven points. Try try a way.
Speaker 5: Off, mate, Jesus leading tri scorerru.
Speaker 3: She's going to be out there, we're sitting at a course stadiu and go score seven. He's going to score seven in one game.
Speaker 1: Not today, he did.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 2: Today's Cody Walker's back. So if Cody stays on the field, I'll get no doubt he'll break it this year. It's going to be the story, big storyline at the back end of the year.
Speaker 1: He's a good blow, isn't he.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: AJ's a Championshire and he's been there. Is you know, funny, really crazy story about AJ. Actually it's a shame that I have to tell. The story addresses Batman, But.
Speaker 1: No worry, we're an audio primarily.
Speaker 5: Met well at the end, I think it was the end of twenty nineteen or end of twenty twenty went Once Wayne got there, it was made clear to AJ because the Tigers rafting really hard, and I think they were offering him like seven hundred and fifty thousand a year to play fullback for him because remember throughout the year in twenty nineteen or twenty eighteen, he'd played a fair bit to fullback and he played really well. Yeah, and he'd actually made the decision the club weren't going to offer any more.
Speaker 3: And he actually what.
Speaker 5: He did was he wrote Wayne at the end of the season of twenty nineteen a letter saying how much the club means to him, and he actually took under his AJ to stay at the club.
Speaker 1: He's a junior, He's.
Speaker 5: A Southsidney junior, and he was like eighteen and one a comp first year. He's one of the last left of I think he might be the last one left in the premiership. In the premiership, he.
Speaker 2: Was a school board champion cricket player and he was ducks at school.
Speaker 5: Wow, yeah, ducks it. He's a really that's the thing with aj Oh he was next to me in the locker room.
Speaker 3: He is a very intelligent guy.
Speaker 2: Someone didn't rub off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, apparently.
Speaker 5: I love it that likes Batman at least probably has anyone else got anything on that week?
Speaker 1: Oh, I've got loads.
Speaker 4: Who was the asshole in this family who left some chewing gum in my fridge?
Speaker 3: Chewing gum in fridge?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who it is. I just like someone to own up to it. I don't think it was you, Cooper, and you don't think it was Jack, And I don't think.
Speaker 1: It was Matt.
Speaker 5: It wasn't me. I didn't have chewing gum.
Speaker 3: Do I know that? Really choose gum as dad?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was me.
Speaker 3: Do that because what happens.
Speaker 1: And it was more than one piece that would tell you it was a big chunk.
Speaker 2: I just can't help myself stuff at my mouth. Oh, this is. My recommendation is that when you're when you think the flavor's gone out of your gum, either if you're driving, just place it outside the window for a little bit for about a minute or doesn't stick on that put it in the fridge for like twenty minutes. All the flavor returns.
Speaker 5: Really yeah, sorry.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it'll have a new flavor something about.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's great chat. I'll tell you what I want to shout out Marfu and Caitlin. Now, Jade, Marfa my mate. We all know that he's been mentioned of this podcast for the last five years. Marfa just got engaged to his beautiful.
Speaker 1: Partner, Caitlin, and she's a great girl.
Speaker 5: And I told them that we had a few drinks a couple of weeks ago. I told them that we give them a shout out on the podcast. Now, Marfa's listened to the party for the last two weeks and he says he's listened in disappointment from start to finish, and we haven't given them a shout out. So your congratulations, Jade, Marfu, love wins, Love Wins.
Speaker 2: What are you both wish you? What have you both think to ignore that your life has obviously already peaked.
Speaker 1: Stop it. They'll be very happy.
Speaker 4: And we're here as your extended family welcome misery.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, it looks and if you will, maybe the children and if you can sense the tension through the radio wherever you're listening, it's because mum and Dad have been fighting for.
Speaker 4: The haven't been talking because he's been grizzly, and I've just stayed right away and I'm just like, I just I'm.
Speaker 1: Just not dealing.
Speaker 3: I know, but can you not bring that that tension into the potty? Me and Jack feel uncomfortable.
Speaker 5: I'm dressed as Batman and I feel really uncomfortables and Jack's got a Batman and somehow that's still like more. I still feel more comfortable than that than sitting between.
Speaker 2: Just Liam Gallian man, don't feel a mega.
Speaker 3: Just because you're dressed like Liam Gallagher and you got the shades on. You're not Liam Gallagher.
Speaker 2: You are You're not to be surprised.
Speaker 4: Can we have a little about something we had our differend anger SATs and over.
Speaker 1: We've been celebrated. We've been doing the winter luncheon.
Speaker 4: Later in the afternoon, a couple of my girlfriends came over and they were very impressed with this, and they said, what beautiful manners he has.
Speaker 1: So I said, oh, why what was that?
Speaker 4: He said, oh, when he came over to us because we were sitting in another area and the boys were watching the footy, and then he came over and he said, ladies, do you mind if I join you? And I went, yeah, I guess I didn't think about that.
Speaker 1: That's because like we're surrounded by swines now.
Speaker 2: I said that all the time to groups of ladies when I gather pub.
Speaker 4: When you go to the pub, ladies like total strangers, like not in someone's house.
Speaker 3: It's not really like that. Was that really interesting enough to bring up?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: It is, well we all thought, right, we all went and we all went yeah. And I said, that's because we really have dropped out expectations.
Speaker 5: I will say, when you say our are you doing about like other?
Speaker 1: The three of us, Natasha, Rosemary.
Speaker 3: And I will say, I've never probably asked to join a conversation. I've probably never going hey, like can I can I have a seat? Can I join? I just you just go over and say, gyday, guys, here you go and sit down, right.
Speaker 1: Well, it's very polite to to.
Speaker 2: Ask excuse me, guys, you don't know me, but you mind iful sad here and just join conversation.
Speaker 3: We're trying to have dinner.
Speaker 2: Sorry, sorry, sir, it's awake. A loved one just hardbreak that old friend. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: That's what excuse would you use for someone that come out.
Speaker 5: Oh look, some of my friend here is just giving us a detailed description of the rash on the back of his ass. You can come back at about five minutes. That should be fine.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, hey, do you guys mind if I have a seat. No, I'm in the doctor's office.
Speaker 2: There's one I do all the time when Andrew and I uncle Andrew and I would go out together because you know, he attracted a lot of booze to the honeypot, and people would come over all the time and we'd be trying to have a yarn. And there's there's a nice way and a rude way to do it. The rude way is a make It gives a bit of time. The nice way to do it is when a person is standing there and you know everyone relates to this. You know, some people don't get the cures are the cues and you go, yeah, yeah, yeah. My thing always was, hey, brother, it's really nice to meet you. But listen to me and mebro here we're talking about some stuff that's pretty intense, just between family. Can you give us me the time you worries? You do that a.
Speaker 3: Lot, like you still do that, and like we're in a group of like ten people, and you say we're having a pretty intense.
Speaker 1: That he is. What you've got to realize is Matt doesn't get to catch up with people very often.
Speaker 3: Na, No, he doesn't do you know what I mean? And what I will say is Jack, and you can attest to this dad when we were growing up. Obviously, Dad, you're quite a well known man in Australia, right sure seaboard No, he's still His fame goes far.
Speaker 6: And wide international. You used to be very steam chapel, You used to be very like social with people. And I have found, Jack, you were tested this if you think I'm wrong, but I found in your older age you're getting a lot crankier and your your rope for people has gotten a lot less.
Speaker 1: I disagree. I think it's totally honest.
Speaker 2: I think I never turn a person away.
Speaker 1: You can join and like in the end, they're trying to get rid of him.
Speaker 5: With great power comes great responsibility.
Speaker 2: Content.
Speaker 3: Maybe I took that out. Yeah, maybe from a social point of view, maybe I got it wrong. But what I will say is you are you do get a lot crankier with people these days. I like if somebody, if somebody says one thing that half offends you. You used to be able to play it off, like and like laugh at whether it be your own experience, A lot more I think now in your in your old age, you do it.
Speaker 2: I tell what I mean, I tell it. I don't like. I don't like people can take the piss out of me because most people people are nice and they come up a nice, dull attle bit of a joke like, oh here you going, Joey. That stuff I find fun, and people are just trying to make conversation. What I don't like is when someone sometimes will say something really really mean spirited about someone we know. Will happen sometimes someone come up and say, you know, conversation, Oh mate, what about that bloke? You go he's good and they go a bit of fun. People will say that and I'll just go, brother, you've had your time and you know.
Speaker 1: What one of the most displeasing or gross.
Speaker 4: Aspects of a person is when they try to bolster you up by demeaning someone else.
Speaker 1: Well in a situation that's not that's well.
Speaker 2: I was in a situation recently, a guy who's good reputation being a real nice guy, but hammered someone that I've got great respect for, and for me, that was the end of the conversation.
Speaker 1: Nice. It's not a nice trait.
Speaker 3: It isn't a nice trait.
Speaker 1: You don't have anything nice to say about someone to say nothing.
Speaker 5: A guy that always he comes up to me and he comes with riddles and.
Speaker 3: He always.
Speaker 2: Jokes.
Speaker 3: He's trying to make Batman references.
Speaker 2: Guy he's talking about the that went straight over Tricia.
Speaker 3: But I I liked it you talk about Cooper because he did a riddle quiz one.
Speaker 2: Time as an eye comes up and he's caught a rude like Icye, mister Freeze's cooler.
Speaker 5: I do have something really good from last week, just a bit of feedback that I received really good feedback due to your origin reactions straight after the game. Have been getting a lot of great feedback and do phenomenal numbers. But I do want to say that we did get some from game two. Dad had a few beers, as we made publicly on the podcast, but we got some feedback from some guy called could have been and his feedback was thanks.
Speaker 3: Fellaws for the review.
Speaker 5: Always great insight and balance reporting.
Speaker 3: Here there you go.
Speaker 5: He then proceeded to say, hearing ads relating to cutting down drinking whilst matter is giving an opinion at point to five blood alcohol level was beautifully ironic.
Speaker 2: That's underestimating whatever.
Speaker 3: And he's back on it again today as well.
Speaker 1: We're both having a red Yeah.
Speaker 3: I know, I think I can figure.
Speaker 2: I put on a leather jacket. I just got it.
Speaker 4: I don't think they can when it's an audio medium cooper able.
Speaker 3: To hear it. They can smell it through there speakers.
Speaker 1: Matthew, can I just ask you about that?
Speaker 5: Was good, by the way, Jack, Thanks, thanks Alfred, thank you.
Speaker 2: Sudden Skies.
Speaker 4: In August up at next in Newcastle, you're doing a special evening with Craig Johnson.
Speaker 2: Yes, I am.
Speaker 1: What's it about? Tell us?
Speaker 2: Okay, So you know Craig Johnson has lived the most amazing life anything from crom from Newcastle going over playing as a young bloke that was Middlesbrough where he wouldn't him train in the side training car parking up. Long story short, scores a goal in the f A Cup Final, wins European Cups, ends up inventing them predator. But people have been going him to him for a while and John O's incredibly musically music minded. Do you give you an idea? He wrote a think called the Infield Rap number two right across England when Liverpool played Wimbledon in an FA Cup final forts but he also people who are who are part who loved the world game. Going into nineteen ninety Italian ninety new Water had a song called World in Motion and in the middle John Barnes does a wrap. Well John I wrote that new Water couldn't do the rap, and Peter Beasley, who was a player, ring and said, let's ring John O. He'll come up with it. So John A wrote it down and did it. So He's had an amazing life. We are we are doing a musical on the life of Craig Johnston, which will begin in Newcastle in late August.
Speaker 1: Twenty third August.
Speaker 2: Twenty third of August, that will be.
Speaker 1: The tickets are available now.
Speaker 2: I believe the premiere. But John is hoping to take it worldwide and I think he will give them the impact that he has had on sport around the world. Another one he invented to people think this a TV show called the Main Event. He invented that. And he also invented a thing that people and you might you might do him in I was for this is that when you go to a hotel and you pull something in of a mini bar and it registers downstairs. That was his invention.
Speaker 5: Bastard Bastard the butler, particular butler means I'll go you Butler me it's got to drink water.
Speaker 3: Try to get away with that. One time we like obviously we didn't realize that was the protocol that when you take it out, if it's out off the scales more than like fifteen seconds, it registers. And we drank all the like mini bottles of alcohol and then we filled them back up and then got done and Scale Storm made us pay for it all.
Speaker 2: That's how he come across it. They're going to play it, They're going to play Rome in the European Cup final, and they're in Rome and he's sitting in the hotel and he goes right out and they just arrived. It's about three or four days for the game. I made a couple of Vodkas. It reaches out and drinks it, and he thinks to himself, he said, the whole team used to do it. And he said, he thought to himself, these big hotel chains, it must cost them like about ten million dollars a year due to this practice people do. And he goes, I'm going to invent her Mini Barther just registers were.
Speaker 1: Not everywhere has it though?
Speaker 2: It's quite No, No, there's only a few.
Speaker 3: It's a very clever adventure.
Speaker 5: My hotels do do they?
Speaker 4: What are you staying at the nice establishments? Or they're not so nice establishment?
Speaker 3: Let Jack, Let I think he's trying to make a joke. Tris what is it?
Speaker 2: Jack?
Speaker 3: Go on the Wayne hotels. Jesus, you are so shallow. He's trying to make a Bruce Wayne joke on Batman Wayne manor yeah, he's trying and Wayne doesn't even have hotels. Wayne Man does, Batman doesn't.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry if I stood on you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well that's not before it before if anyone else has anything from their week, but I have, I have a little yard. I was at the Bowling Club in Manly for over the weekend. Now, I haven't been a bowling club in age. Its actually a really good place for a drink, bowling club because it's quite quiet and will priced, yeah, well priced beers. Now, we were sitting there having a beer and obviously a lot of the a lot of my friends get quite intoxicated. One of the boys got really drunk and remember that old chair pull trick. So you'd go to sit down and you go to your mate, you pull his chair out from underneath him. So one of the boys said, wouldn't it be funny. One of the lads was really drunk, and they said, wouldn't be funny to pulled his chair out from undeath him. He'll fall down, everyone will laugh, he might leave, We get like expelled from him. Anyway, they pulled his chair out and he's felt the chair not there, and trying to save himself. He was trying to you know how people like kind of run backwards and they're trying to keep him. He ran back boom straight through the bottom window of this of this bottlow. Yeah, straight through. He smashed it, lacking nothing obviously, like no harm to him, thank God, But straight through it was probably the funniest thing I've ever seen in my life. Nah, it was so funny, Like in the moment, it's funny because he ran for like ten meters like he was. It was like slow motion for the rest of us. Well, we didn't know he was going to continue as you go.
Speaker 2: It was actually very hard.
Speaker 3: No, it's not that big.
Speaker 4: Well, I don't act be questioning the like the thickness of that class.
Speaker 1: Like they're supposed to be shatter proof.
Speaker 3: Glasses are pretty if you hit it like pretty quick.
Speaker 2: Give them a call, Trish, give the number, give him a call, Let's check it out, give wind screens.
Speaker 1: Issue done.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very tough. Dad, if you had anything from your would you bring anything today?
Speaker 1: What about guys? Family event?
Speaker 4: You're missing it. We went and watched little Benny Bailey play his under eight footy local league.
Speaker 2: Game morning won't get back again.
Speaker 4: The funniest thing I felt was because I was a bit lazy and I went and sat on the coaches bench.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's get to that just for a second. Can we get to that? So we get there right, We're sitting there as all these parents and grandparents there as well, sit standing on the sideline. And what happens is Trish goes, I'm going to go sit on the bench. Now, as you know, there's a bench on the side for the kids and for the coach. Now the coaches rarely have set up, but the coach was sitting on it too. You look, yeah, it's under it still triush, like you've got grandparents sitting they're able to stand up, and you look over at the end of the bench. There's Trish sitting there and the coach sort of looks at her. Next minute, I look over, she's giving the coach like advice or words during the game. I don't think, you know, yeah, and I.
Speaker 3: Get it's underrates so like they're probably not taking it too serious. But to see all the other parents standing around, and then somebody who's not even a parent of a kid to sit on the bench next to the other kids, doesn't even like the game and doesn't like the.
Speaker 4: Game, or you mind, let me give me Okay, I had been there since the warm up?
Speaker 5: Do you think the eight year old kids drove themselves for the warm up?
Speaker 2: They did.
Speaker 4: The only conversation I had with the coach was as I was approaching. I hear him yell out to the kids, get dirty, and I looked at him, and he looked at me, and he realized the impact of his words.
Speaker 1: He went, oh, I get your jersey's dirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he knew he's sitting next to a dirty girl. Yeah, it was a big unit. I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't think you understand how just how annoying that might be.
Speaker 2: Did understand? Guys, we made love which made you two guys. You're indebted without sorry? Was that? But anyway, without us, you guys aren't here.
Speaker 3: I get that. Yeah, I get that. But what you know what we would and I can speak for you as well, Jack, we probably would like to be respected a little bit. Just because your parents doesn't mean you can't show respect. Is that correct? I agree with it.
Speaker 2: I think respect.
Speaker 4: Do you think that because are your parents, as a normal human being, you could also show us respect that you show other human beings?
Speaker 5: Do I not?
Speaker 1: Yes, No, you don't.
Speaker 3: I disagree. I came here.
Speaker 5: I'm the only one that actually really dressed up for your thing. I'm the only one that really appreciated your words for this week. I might not be in the right theme trash, but if you can't tell I went all out.
Speaker 3: He did go all out. And I appreciate the effort that.
Speaker 2: You've put in, put in the most.
Speaker 3: If you who gets silver probably Trish is blondie.
Speaker 2: Really I get the uber you're a disgrace.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But then like I'm doing, you know, I'm doing God's work. I'm doing the lords. Where are trying to keep you guys above above board? No one's come with anything.
Speaker 2: Right, No? No, no, okay, well, I said to Trish so much on the moment, I just want to come in and react, bounce off you guys.
Speaker 1: Continue well, godmother of the Year. I doubled up. I even went to the athletics carnival, and his athletics candle did win.
Speaker 2: He came second, very second, No second, come last.
Speaker 1: Second class.
Speaker 4: And I'm just a little disappointed in the lack of technique that the children are provided with.
Speaker 5: Their at seven years old, Like we used.
Speaker 4: To practice that on your mark gets set go. They were discouraged from doing that. You have to start from their upright.
Speaker 5: Have the gun?
Speaker 2: Really?
Speaker 3: What is that? The gun that the gun that they shoot cap gun? Is it a cap gun?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Is that what? It is?
Speaker 2: Not a real bullet?
Speaker 3: No, it was a real bullet, but I thought it was more than a cap gun because it's louder.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I went the year before to see you, and I just went, What a waste of facilities.
Speaker 5: These days too, the kids apparently covered so these days apparently what they do is tris you can.
Speaker 4: They do like a beep test to see if they can even go to the athletics carnival. Yeah, that's that's with the infants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, like a.
Speaker 3: Beep test for fitness. But athletics cannival is not fitness.
Speaker 4: We know that, we know that, but like you have to go and do a beat test to see if you're allowed to.
Speaker 3: Go to the We're not listening, that's right, someone else, someone else.
Speaker 2: That's strange.
Speaker 3: I find it.
Speaker 5: At that age, I know some kids don't want it, Like I remember, you know when you I hated I hated the swimming cannival. No one likes the swim except some kids.
Speaker 2: I could never swim the butterfly.
Speaker 3: Only swimmers like swimming carnival.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but like even kids at that age, some kids they actually do grow out to love that sort of stuff. At that age, they sometimes are rats ass with it, like you can't really like, you can't really distinguish them at that young.
Speaker 2: Surely they could just surely rather than go through a boot test, someone go, is any any of you who don't want to do it? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, But also at that age too, kids like some kids will get so nervous. They might even be good at it or one day good at it, but they might be so nervous that they might choose to opt out. So I just think you just wolves.
Speaker 4: That's the little thing though, Like Bales was saying, little Benny that morning couldn't have breakfast because he had butterflies in his.
Speaker 5: I remember being at that age.
Speaker 4: That's part of life that you need to you need to actually experience that. That is that is your fight or flight, that's your your nerves. That like it's natural. It's okay to feel like that. Otherwise, you know, kids get oh I've got anxiety and all the other things. Like it's to be fair, that's normal.
Speaker 3: I didn't really race it any of them. I happened, boy, But after you nine, I didn't compete at athletics all swimming at all. I didn't do a single Yeah I went, but I just didn't do it because I just couldn't. I just didn't want it.
Speaker 2: I got to Siger winning you didn't.
Speaker 3: Is there is there an a limp? Is there an athletics or a swimming event that you guys think that you wouldn't come lasting?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah mate, butterfly. I was gone butterfly swimming. I actually break the local record for butterfly of fifty meters for people on fifteen.
Speaker 5: You do realize the body shape of these swimmers, Cob, but I'm pretty different to your body show.
Speaker 3: It's very hard for us to believe that, like believe you on that because you don't have a swimmers bill at all.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I believe that he doesn't lie. Not well, yeah.
Speaker 3: About that.
Speaker 1: He doesn't like that sort of stuff. He knows I can go and check.
Speaker 3: With he doesn't lie. That's what half of your fights have been about the last fifteen years.
Speaker 1: Fifteen thirty actually thirty five.
Speaker 3: What's what's the biggest lie Dad's ever said?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 2: Every day I say, do I look to my pants? Do my bumbler big in this?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: What time will be back from the pub? Eleven pm? Do you love me?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But is there something?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 1: You don't love me? You just can't live without.
Speaker 2: Me and you're like an old pair of shoes.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I think.
Speaker 3: Most most marriages are like that.
Speaker 2: They right, yeah, like that.
Speaker 3: Could you get to a level where, well, dad's so cod to co dependent on other people that he couldn't live on his own.
Speaker 1: You no, but he can take care.
Speaker 3: I forgot. I was looking at the monitor. I forgot him.
Speaker 4: Just spatmant hard pretty hard.
Speaker 3: Dad is so like depending on other people. He couldn't. He couldn't like get through life.
Speaker 1: You could, he could, of course he can.
Speaker 3: Oh he'd be alive, but he wouldn't be able to handle like tax.
Speaker 1: And ships extra all. Like you just do everything, just.
Speaker 2: Don't pay your texes. By the time they caught up with maybe said and I just to a plea bargain and maybe day you know, with the thing aroundhere they put the ankle around Oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah they do, like the home.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, yeah, ankle bracelet.
Speaker 2: Like the ankle bracelet. We don't leave the house. You don't go to jail if you're seventy I mean white collar crime, surely, well you have no.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure tax evasion you get like a minimum of five years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's evasion movie.
Speaker 3: That movie Get Hard with Will Ferrell. That's what he got. He got done for like tax evasion comedy. Yeah, but that's true.
Speaker 1: Inside of trading, inside of training, they're very big.
Speaker 3: It was inside of trading. She's right, you're wrong. How is inside of trading considered worse than tax evation?
Speaker 4: I think so because tax evasion they go, okay, well you this is what's outstanding, and we'll make a plan or we'll sell all your assets.
Speaker 1: And get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, whereas inside of trading more planned, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, plan premeditated, best agree murder.
Speaker 5: Really Yeah, people know that the inside goss and they choose not to tell anyone else.
Speaker 1: Well, and then they make profits.
Speaker 3: How do you think I got my billions?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Batman, d Wayne manor.
Speaker 2: Now what else were you? Chests? Film Fame Vital Today before that?
Speaker 4: I know you boys are quite into your golf at the moment. No, do you know what called Bradley Keagan? But Greg Norman you know, well, I just flipped on box the other day and it happened to be on golf or sport, and I was like, what is this man doing? He's running up to his caddy, Paul Bastard that guy is like doing what is it called a chest bump.
Speaker 1: When you run it?
Speaker 3: When too bros chess.
Speaker 2: College.
Speaker 1: He didn't do it once or twice. He did it like five times.
Speaker 3: You know what's funny about he.
Speaker 1: Won the Traveler Championship.
Speaker 3: The chess bump, the chest pump where it comes from, right? Everybody? Like you look at a lot of American college movies and everyone's chest bumping, and you think, oh, that's just what blokes do. In Australia, I have never seen anyone chest bump. You might have seen.
Speaker 1: One or two of your arms around. This was not.
Speaker 3: Book.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're very American.
Speaker 3: You would have never seen two Aussies run up. And if you tried July, which when people like celebrating ship the players, I'd love to see someone bust.
Speaker 2: Out the chest.
Speaker 1: But no, I don't like it. I don't think it's very masculine.
Speaker 2: Do you know back in the day when the prohibition ended in America, what they used to do when the drunks in the streets around Chicago and that there's so many people blind, they put a rope down. Rather putting them in a the drunk tank over night, They've put a rope there and just let them lean on the rope and the ones like when they wake up, they'd be hanging out of the rope.
Speaker 3: Hence the term hang hangover is that we're hangover.
Speaker 2: Hangover comes from the fact they used to put a rope round and in like street and they just put the drunks down the suit and have them hanging over and then when they wake up in the morning and so jeus, we've had to hang over so much to drink.
Speaker 5: I saw something like that around prohibition. That was what like little hotels. There were like little motels and the cheapest room you could buy were rooms with just one piece of rope and like multiple people in the room and he just laid over the rope and that was like the cheapest bedroom. It was basically just a room for the night you could sort of feel safe in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, to sleep on.
Speaker 3: You have a good knack of like where they come the origins of words. You're another one. So you know how they say break a leg, right, break a leg? Oh, you know Hugh Jackman's performing tonight of let me a rubblay. Okay, let's paint that picture. Break a leak hu Before he was out there, people say like, you know, good luck. So break a leg actually comes from in Shakespearean times when a performance was really good, rather than clap, everybody would get on their seats and slam their seats to the ground. And if it was so good that people would be banging their chest so much it would break the leg of the chair. Oh wow, break a leg.
Speaker 2: I like it. Checking that to yeah, I like that.
Speaker 5: That's excellent actually to you what speaking of my man, Bill Shakespeare, my man right to me? Who's Matthew actually come up with a pot of gold? The other day we're talking about someone in the rugby league world and Matthew come up with this great one line. He said, stubbornness is the close cousin of discipline.
Speaker 1: His mouth or your ears.
Speaker 2: That's right. We're talking about someone who has such a coach, who is so disciplined in his life. You know, people admire him for his discipline, but on the other side of things, he gets criticized for his inability to change his ways, his stubbornness. And my thing was is the discipline is the second cousin of stubbornness. Which is true about.
Speaker 3: That?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: So Jack basically did get it right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he did he did?
Speaker 1: What did you say, shouldn't it?
Speaker 2: And that it was the other way around, because if.
Speaker 5: Someone is a distant relative, someone that works the same way back.
Speaker 3: Brother, Yes, that's true, so you put him.
Speaker 1: He was right, maybe not necessarily.
Speaker 2: Second Castle not distant.
Speaker 3: Okay, film fame and vinal today goes. Let's get out of this Osie movies.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 3: A lot of good as movies been made out of the day, not really many at the moment, but we're doing a gold, silver and bronze. Let's keep this title. Let's keep a punchy MATTHI you got your three.
Speaker 2: My three is The Adventures of Barry McKenzie, which you've got to see, seventies movie. It shows you how far we've come, but it is very funny its own way. Number two, I've gone the Castle, just a classic. And number three I've gone a dead heat between Chopper and mad Max the originally nice.
Speaker 3: Okay, so it was gold, silver and bronze. Which one got the gold?
Speaker 2: Let's go bas Mackenzie, bronze, Silver, the Castle, Mad Max and Chopper suint.
Speaker 5: I'm going gold to bronze, my gold to Chopper. My second is mad Max Fury Road yep. And my third is Batman Forever.
Speaker 6: You know that's not a straight just if you give the energy being the weirdest guy to Jacket.
Speaker 1: Really I like it.
Speaker 3: Though the whole podcast, Jack has just been staring at me, making eye contact.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: It's actually pissing you off.
Speaker 1: We're going to get him to dress up every week. I want to launch across the.
Speaker 3: Room and beat the ship out of him.
Speaker 2: Well, as we know, that's not realistic, so you just stay there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll get pulverized anyway.
Speaker 3: It'sman movies.
Speaker 4: My gold is Sweet Country a couple of times.
Speaker 1: It's a very very good movie.
Speaker 2: Bryan Brown, very good.
Speaker 1: Very very good movie.
Speaker 4: Number two is The Castle. Yeah, so mine are quite different.
Speaker 1: And number three is Parlo.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love Parlow.
Speaker 1: There's a great but when I was going through there are some amazing movies, but they're all older.
Speaker 2: Tom Berlin's come on.
Speaker 1: Some better it.
Speaker 3: Okay. I know you've only had one glass of wine, but you're getting chirpy. Trusha's are one can screaming? You know that big She gets very chirpy and you you're sinking into your seat, look like you've had thirty I know you've only had one glass.
Speaker 2: Do you know? By the way filab Do you know why it was called filap and the y it was spelt that way with a pH. Yeah. The it's Latin term is far lap means lightning, but it is far l a p. The reason he went p h was because the previous we'll put this the most Melbourne Cup winners up to that point, the horse had seven letters in its name, so he went far laph.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, I remember you saying that's another.
Speaker 2: I'm sure people will tell me doesn't mean they're right.
Speaker 3: My bronze was Chopper. My silver is two Hands with Heath Legend.
Speaker 2: Watched that What's the Last Night Again?
Speaker 1: A great and.
Speaker 3: Then my gold is actually the dry I really liked Eric. I think Eric Banner is our greatest actor.
Speaker 1: It's a great movie and our mad Nabels in that. I think it's a great movie.
Speaker 5: Did you see the second one?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The second one is not as good as the first, just the worst storyline. But the first one, if you haven't watched it. In terms of modern Australian movies, I reckon it's the best one we've done. The next the last ten years.
Speaker 5: Would you say, it's like similar to Batman. It's not as good a Batman. One's probably slightly better than Kane.
Speaker 3: Just a question, Michael Kaine, the sucuel, was it? Michael Kaine?
Speaker 2: The circle was the dry to or dry? No, it's like that, the Circle the twelfth, it must be the third, very dry it was? Who is, as in your opinions, Straights greatest actor.
Speaker 3: I just said, Eric Banner. I'm just going to stick by it, you know what.
Speaker 1: He was very good in that impressed me.
Speaker 2: Good at Munich too, and The Castle and Chopper.
Speaker 4: You know he played Chop and Kate Winslet. Sorry, Kate Panchette, she's very good. She's she's good at comedy.
Speaker 5: She's you go weavings underrated. He's the villain man, mister Anderson.
Speaker 2: Matrix, great act, he's a very good he's a very nice guy too.
Speaker 5: Isn't that who was the one they dressed up Batman? No? No, they dress up Queen of the Desert.
Speaker 1: That was in my That was actually.
Speaker 2: In my mel Gibson got to be Mel Gibson around mel Gibson, his movies and the ones he's produced. I mean, come on, just run through.
Speaker 4: Come on, let's not chick from yours wedding, Tony Collett, she's very good too. And the other chick that was in yours wedding that went on to do great things. He was the friend that ended up in the wheelchair.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, And of course Emurl's wedding, Bill Hunter, who's great, actor Tom.
Speaker 1: Have a lot of great we do.
Speaker 3: All right, let's well, yeah, let's just wrap it.
Speaker 1: No way, I've got something for you guys.
Speaker 3: We're going really good for time.
Speaker 4: It's okay, we need to go better. Okay, all of you people, are you of mind? Now you can thank Owen Wilson for this. Think of a number between one and ten.
Speaker 5: Seven, No, keep it to yourself.
Speaker 3: You should have said that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everything, keep it to yourself.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Think of a number between one and ten, got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Times it by nine, times it by nine. Okay, yeah, add the two digits together. Ill, like, well, if you had, for instance, if you had twenty three two plus three, two plus three, I'll give you five, right, okay, subtract five ye okay.
Speaker 4: Then you need to take the number of that letter that corresponds to the alphabet. For example, if it was the number two, it'd be.
Speaker 1: B A B if it was five A B C. Yeah, okay, Okay.
Speaker 4: Now what I want you to do is think of a country that begins with that letter.
Speaker 1: Do not tell me. Keep it to yourselves. Jack stopped raising about man arms.
Speaker 3: So he's lost count. Well I'm still it's fine.
Speaker 4: Take the last letter of that country and think of an animal that begins with it.
Speaker 3: Do not tell me I write it down, because yeah, got it.
Speaker 1: Okay, this is your last step. Take the last letter of that animal and think of a fruit. Do not tell me.
Speaker 3: No one's telling you.
Speaker 4: Okay, but I don't want you to tell me that you're thinking about a kangaroo in Denmark eating an orange.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, that's what I got. Look Denmark kangaroo orange. Dad clearly didn't even know what was going on.
Speaker 1: Jack got lost a while ago.
Speaker 5: No, No, I had Austria, Batman Astria about seven.
Speaker 2: Sorry what you lost? The first one? I had? Hard vark Kiwi fruit people.
Speaker 4: Some people are not very good with matts, but Cooper high fight to you man and most of our listeners.
Speaker 6: Hopefully good one, have a good week, church house, Good on your guys.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we don't.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 3: That was good good on you guys, Batman, my wife,