Speaker 1: Go get you every morning, every day adelaide on over.
Speaker 2: Okay, have a listen if you will, to this little opinionated peanut on the internet telling all of us women what they should do with their lives.
Speaker 3: His name is Chris Griffin. He's twenty two years old.
Speaker 2: He has a podcast called The Pocket and this is where he and his fellow d head mate jump on Instagram and TikTok to share their wealth of knowledge accumulated presumaby in his whole twenty two years that he's resided here. It's blown up, it's gone viral, and people are not very happy when I say people, mainly women.
Speaker 4: I don't want my partner working unless she wants to work. If you feel the need to go and work to make money and then you come home and you're complaining about your day when we don't need you to make money.
Speaker 5: Because we're sorted. If we've got four hours.
Speaker 4: To spend in the afternoon and I ask you, how is your day today, babe?
Speaker 5: Are wer eyes to light up with excitement.
Speaker 4: It's the calm, it's the harmony, it's the peace and love that a man that's I've got a busy life, that's chasing his dreams needs when he's trying to wind down. This is why I heavily encourage hot girl walks. I would love my partner to go on a hot girl walk with her friends every day or she gets this feminine energy. They get to talk their and then they get to have a bit of excitement about their day.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I'd like?
Speaker 2: I'd like for him to pursue his dream of shutting the up. Seriously, I don't have to streak for this anymore. I think I'm dead inside when it comes to this stuff. So we've got this, Andrew Takee want to be telling us goals that we shouldn't have a career.
Speaker 3: Lead that to the man.
Speaker 2: You put your feet up and drink your a sigh smoothies, go on hot girl walks, and.
Speaker 3: What the hell is a hot girl walk?
Speaker 2: By the way, how does that differ producer Molly from just a normal walk around the block?
Speaker 3: I think it's a walk, okay, but you're.
Speaker 5: A hot girl.
Speaker 2: But he just wants us to be energetically fit to make him feel good about himself because he's pursuing his dreams in his career. Because you know what, babe, I've got this podcasting empire to build make.
Speaker 3: Me feel good about myself? Now, I just say a couple of things here, very slowly.
Speaker 2: Firstly, ask us girls are not put on the planet to make sure you're in a good mood.
Speaker 3: It's not my job. What genuinely is not my job.
Speaker 2: Really, I like to make you laugh, but mate, I'm not walking in here every morning with the objective of making sure Andrew Hayes is in a good mood.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, where's your off button?
Speaker 3: Is that true?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Secondly, I would say, do you know what else is sexy on a woman?
Speaker 3: Do you know what's sexy on a woman? Andrew? Financial independence?
Speaker 2: A woman who gets out there, gets it done, earns her money, and make sure she's got enough super to see her into retirement.
Speaker 5: Babe, But babe, I don't want you to be stressed.
Speaker 2: And actually, on a serious note, it's a pretty dangerous notion to suggest that women should rely on men for money.
Speaker 3: Because what happens if that relationship breaks down? What happens?
Speaker 5: Then that's true.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you don't have your own creed, don't have your own money, and lord, he only knows where you end up. If this is my son, I'd be calling him up and I would say, hey, Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris, Chris. Did I hurt you as a child? Did I do something?
Speaker 5: Is this my fault? Chris?
Speaker 3: Are you okay?
Speaker 2: And the problem is here, you've got any old idiot with a microphone who buys a podcasting kid now, who can put out these really dangerous ideas into the universe, and then it gets traction. I'd rather focus on the good men who are doing good things rather than these absolute knopets.
Speaker 5: Do you know what?
Speaker 6: Do you know what?
Speaker 5: Buggaret timing has never been my thing?
Speaker 7: Coming up next, let's hear more from the absolute flawless prince that is Chris Griffin, and can I take this opportunity to launch my own podcast doing it? I'm going to launch my own podcast because you know Chris Griffin, he's really inspired me. Okay, Andrew Hayes podcast a snippet for you next, Don't Go Anywhere. And we've just recently learned that a Jodi would seem has a bit of a crush on a young man by the name of Chris Griffin. I said to you before we started this, I'm going to say something ill Records get.
Speaker 5: The trivia how to Go.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes you stumble across stuff on the Internet and it just makes you blood boiled. This was me yesterday with this health and wellbeing podcaster who has decided that women shouldn't have to work, women should be cared for and looked after.
Speaker 3: And by their men.
Speaker 2: And also, we have an obligation. An obligation, I tell you us goals to make you feel good when you walk in the door at the end of every day where you've been hard working and pursuing your career.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, did you know if I put myself in that situation, I did that to my wife. I think she's slowly stab in the neck with a pair of scissors.
Speaker 5: And I would deserve it too.
Speaker 3: I'd be like, that's fine, Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 2: Dal have a listen to the wisdom of a twenty two year old young male.
Speaker 4: We've got four hours to spend in the afternoon, and I ask you, how is your day today?
Speaker 1: Babe?
Speaker 5: Are your eyes to line up with excitement?
Speaker 4: It's the calm, it's the harmony. It's the peace and love that a man that's got a busy life, that's chasing his dreams needs when he's trying to wind down.
Speaker 7: Amen, brother, Let's check out some more of Chris Griffin's work because he's on fire via his podcast.
Speaker 4: Imagine living your whole life trying to make someone else proud. So you take the job of respect, say the things that agree was chase the goals that applaud, but deep.
Speaker 5: Down you know it's not what you want.
Speaker 4: What if getting their approval means losing your own Because the truth is, you're allowed to take a left when everyone else is going right. Make yourself proud.
Speaker 7: First, Well, I guess is everyone else crying? If you're not crying, you're not tearing up, I guess you're a corpse.
Speaker 3: I'm not crying. That's powerful.
Speaker 5: Hallelujah.
Speaker 2: Chris has given you an opportunity, and I think you're going to take it despite the best advice.
Speaker 3: Of everyone around you. You want to launch your own podcast.
Speaker 7: Now, bigret, everyone's doing it. Here's a snippet from a future award winning podcast. It's called Healing with Hazy. You're welcome in advance. Yeah, they get it. Life's tough. So many breakfast options? What while wear to the gym? Can I do chest again? There's so many obstacles. Bro He reminds me of a famous quote from Robert Downey Jr. He said, I'm thinking of buying a monkey. Then I think, why stop at one? I'm considering a platoon of monkeys, so that people will look at me and see how mellow and well adjusted I am compared to these monkeys throwing feces around. Deep, don't be the platurn of monkeys. Peace, apologies and advance. Just a bro talking from his heart.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get it again. You're just an onion eight your dell so many layers. Yeah.
Speaker 7: The podcast is called Healing with Hazy. Give it a listen. I'm not a douche. You're a douche.
Speaker 2: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know now.
Speaker 6: I need to know.
Speaker 1: I need to know.
Speaker 5: I need to know what the news today is.
Speaker 3: What you need to know?
Speaker 2: What you need to know with Jody and Hazy.
Speaker 3: You know our good friends Eric and Lyhlmanendez.
Speaker 5: Good close friends. Good news.
Speaker 2: They're one step closer to being released from prison.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: You might recall that they were convicted of murdering their parents back in nineteen eighty nine. The whole thing blew up on a show called Monsters on Netflix, and everyone was fascinated with this case was absolutely incredible.
Speaker 3: There were some.
Speaker 2: Suggestion that the dad was abusive and that's why they shot both their parents in their laundry, and then they were convicted to life without parole. So now what's happening is the judges turned around because there's these new youthful offender laws. They committed the crime they were under the age of twenty six. So now they're saying, given they've rehabilitated in prison, there's a heap of public support, their age at the time of the crime and the fact that the family had forgiven them, Um, you guys might be able to thirty five years enough?
Speaker 5: Wow, So am I right saying this? Okay?
Speaker 7: And so someone who doesn't really understand legal terms and all that sort.
Speaker 5: Of stuff, So shocking is that.
Speaker 7: So they've been reasons to what fifty years to life, but which means technically in fifteen years time they will walk through because they're eligible to get out here. But they're now eligible for parole. So it's up to the Californian Board or whatever.
Speaker 3: You got it, got it right, well done.
Speaker 7: So then here's a question without notice, which you probably don't know the answer to. Let's say they go to the board's how do they go to board and they get knocked back?
Speaker 5: Is it like a yearly thing? Do they just try again the next year? You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know what you mean.
Speaker 2: In circumstances, Yeah, I assume that you can reapply for parole after the fact. But yeah, I'm not entirely sure. But what my question is, if you've spent thirty five years in prison, do you want to get out?
Speaker 3: What do you do?
Speaker 7: No, that's the thing because these guys would because when they walk out, they're going to be instantly their first story. They would be able to sell it enough that they could probably not have to work for the rest of life.
Speaker 5: You imagine how much their first stories work.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 3: No, but in this country you can't profit from crime.
Speaker 5: I'm pretty sure you can in America.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, interesting, isn't it so.
Speaker 5: The book too? It doesn't come here, is what you're saying.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I just know that that's the law in Australia. I'm not sure it's a bit free for all you, isn't it.
Speaker 5: It's a little bit diferent what you want? Yeah? Crazy? Do you know that as well?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 5: That is that's the power of Netflix.
Speaker 7: So Netflix has effectively if it happens, free these men.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that incredible?
Speaker 5: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Okay, this is a question for you without notice. No, what's your first meal when you get out of prison?
Speaker 5: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: Your zim, Well, can I guess Sambo? I know you too, well, it's fine.
Speaker 5: Sambrero is pressure in my mind from yesterday. Yeah, I'm probably going as Ambrero, a large lamburdo.
Speaker 2: It's a bit sad though, because you've got no stamps because you've been away in song.
Speaker 7: Could you think of all the stamp collecting for Sambrera that I missed out of over thirty five years.
Speaker 3: That's the real.
Speaker 5: Squatters. Joke's squatters.
Speaker 3: They're not your friends.
Speaker 5: They're not your friends. No, they'll take a gift, they'll take.
Speaker 2: Don't you hear some horror stories about people moving into rentals and then and then the people that own the rentals can't get rid of them.
Speaker 3: Isn't that the worst?
Speaker 5: Cause you really get a tat Strahamul.
Speaker 7: I'm moving out of here, this little story emerging from the great start of Victoria.
Speaker 5: I say that lightly too.
Speaker 7: By the way, a Shepherd family returned from holiday to find squatters had taken over their rental home, ransacking it and stealing valuables worth fifty thousand dollars. O, my, this is out right. Just The squatter has included a man who claimed the house as his own. Son J q Kel, a junior doctor working in Regil, Victoria, and his wife and their two children, arrive back in early May after three weeks visiting relatives in Nepole, only to find a man sitting on their couch watching TV, smoking and eating pizza. It's confronting, isn't it what you come back and see that The man was on the couch.
Speaker 5: He was very drunk and he was enjoying his dinner. She said.
Speaker 7: When my husband said who are you, he said, I live here. It was really terrified. They could have had a weapon. It was really shocking. The family called the police and the man was removed, only to return multiple times claiming the property was now his. The man had moved in drug paraphernalia, alcohol, even groceries and toil trees. Oh my, very goodness, whoa it's coming home as a drunk stone man on your couch, smoking, drinking and eating pizza.
Speaker 5: Like what else? Can you do? Mate? This is how much of a slob can you be in one session?
Speaker 3: But also this is my takeaway from this.
Speaker 2: If he was so drunk, how on earth did he have the capacity to order a pizza?
Speaker 5: Yeah, very good call.
Speaker 2: And also how did he know the address to tell the pizza person to drop it off?
Speaker 7: Pin me get the pizza here. She's the most shocking thing as well though. Well in Victoria police cannot directly evict a squatter without a warrant of possession from the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribe.
Speaker 2: And understand that at all someone moves into your house and makes themselves at home on your couch, how on earth can you not get rid of them via the police?
Speaker 7: And the squatters know to. By the way, let's go to the tribunal.
Speaker 3: Go on, evict me.
Speaker 5: I dare gentlemen, battles and bangers. The rules are simple.
Speaker 8: About to hear six songs from the same year they cacelected their song?
Speaker 5: How's the place if I let it go? That song is gone.
Speaker 2: Now let's get into the bungos that are ready to battle back to you and.
Speaker 7: Hazy intense competition. It is seven to six currently on the scoreboard. For Battle the Bangers. Isn't it for you to choose music?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 7: Should we jump into the generator and see what year we're dealing with?
Speaker 3: What you got there?
Speaker 5: Free to go?
Speaker 1: Yep?
Speaker 5: Twenty eleven.
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, okay, all right, sorry for the first song.
Speaker 7: You're gonna jump in nice no if you want it. And then once you're in, you're in. And then you've got six songs dots. If you leave it to the last one, you could get yourself in trouble and saying that you left it to the last one last week and you won.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just got home last week, wasn't it.
Speaker 5: Patients can pay off right here?
Speaker 6: First song, that is, it's Katie Jerry's Et.
Speaker 5: Okay, not for me? For about you help me? Next one, it's what's called we Are Who we Are? We are who we are?
Speaker 7: That is so true, kesher well place not for you, not for me either, Okay. It was only just a dream by Nelly. I'm in, I'm all in on Nellie and I used to love this song. I remember I listened to the song the Way to Put It and fire me out for some reason. All right, So I am locked in with Nelly just a dream Joes. You have three options left to choose wisely, here's your next song.
Speaker 5: Here we got here.
Speaker 3: Two years ago.
Speaker 5: I read anyway, it doesn't sound like David k.
Speaker 6: Let's hope.
Speaker 7: It's called where Them Girls At? I think it's supposed to say where are those girls? Happen says where's where them Girls At?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's don't worry about grammar.
Speaker 5: It's fine, okay, very good.
Speaker 7: So to get a menage versus Nellie just a Dream?
Speaker 5: Where are you feeling? I like it?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: What was left on the table?
Speaker 5: Okay, that's a good point. Let's do that. So there was two songs left. You either had this.
Speaker 9: One Jesse Jay five take that's a good show, or if you left it to the last song would have been this.
Speaker 4: Come.
Speaker 7: Okay, I think you should be good about your selection. Yeah you, David, get up Where Them Girls At? Versus Just a Dream by Nelly? Please get voting at Jody and Hazy on Instagram. Winning song announced tomorrow.
Speaker 2: He was dubbed a once in a generation player by recruiters and was drafted to the Gold Coast.
Speaker 8: Suns at just eighteen years old.
Speaker 5: Josh's Chicks a monster.
Speaker 8: He's caught Adelaide's the biggest recruit and he's finally come back home.
Speaker 5: Gets it out to Lacosis, of course.
Speaker 2: Please welcome Jack Lucosis.
Speaker 7: A Jack joins us live in the studio. Good morning, Jack Lacosis.
Speaker 1: Morning hazy.
Speaker 5: How's the morning boat. Yeah we're going pretty well, thanks yourself.
Speaker 1: Good good bit slower for me, it's okay, good morning person. Not quite No, I've got used to up there on the Gold Coast very early mornings.
Speaker 5: But yeah, I've said nine. Yeah, you get up and win the day.
Speaker 2: There's nothing better than getting up on the Gold Coast and going for a walk on the beach and there are thousands upon thousands of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you wake up at six thirty or seven, you feel like you've missed the boat.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah. Were a surfer two.
Speaker 5: No, gave it every chance. But don't have it in me.
Speaker 7: No, you fit the bill, that, don't you. I mean, what about guys like David Swallow?
Speaker 5: Was he a surfer.
Speaker 1: Not a surfer? Lockey weller will Power. We had a fair few that were very good, but not Dave. He was a bit of a dog on a big body. He couldn't quite dangerous on the board, dangerous on the board?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon? That's the thing with surfing. Either you've got it in you or you're just don't. And you get to a point where you're like, this is not for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you've got to love it. You've got to love the bad days the good days.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's going to come from the soul, bro, you know what I mean? Hang ten, all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 3: Please stop.
Speaker 7: Okay, Hey Jack, A couple of footy questions for you first and firstly yourself, How are you going?
Speaker 5: Where are you at with the knee? Yeah, I'm going pretty good. Thanks.
Speaker 1: Kind of got through all the rehabby side of it and now integrating into training drills and stuff like that, so it's feeling pretty good. I'm going to have a crack at trying to play next week, but no matter what, I'll be back after the by so pretty close now.
Speaker 3: And how did you go watching show Down on the weekend? Was there a temptation for.
Speaker 2: You, Jack of coaches to leave just a little bit early in the last quarter?
Speaker 1: The thought went through the mind, just because I'm sick of the traffic the post game and I had laid over, But no, what a game we were. We were much better than the week before against the Bulldogs. But yeah, great game. Throw everyone there. Love the game, even though we didn't get the result.
Speaker 7: It's been a hell of a week, or say for Billirioli, one of your teammates. We're waiting for the teams to come out tonight, but we are expecting. Josh Carr basically said on Monday that he's back in. How's he going around the club?
Speaker 1: He's good, He's good, he's yeah, spoke in front of the playing group. We actually had all the stuff lunch yesterday where he got up and spoke in frond of everyone there too. So he's in pretty good spirits. I think he just wants to let his foot you do the talking now. He's had a big obviously ten days or so, and he goes through a fair bit day to day no matter what. So I think he's cheeing to kind of put this behind him and get back in the footy field and do what he does best.
Speaker 3: What did you speak about yesterday?
Speaker 1: Yeah, spoke about kind of what he goes through with his emotions and how sometimes he gets over gets pushed over the line, and he apologize for the way he reacted to some things and said that he wants to be better, but he said he's all win for us, for the team, and I just wants to perform. So now we've definitely got his back and we want to create an environment where he can play his best every week.
Speaker 7: I love watching whether they really play, but he is so good, he's so exciting. It's a tough little bugger turb Yeah. I genuinely think he could be the difference this weekend against the Cats.
Speaker 3: Oh, there you go, and you've tipped them.
Speaker 5: I've tipped them. Okay, it's that is not the Cats.
Speaker 3: Now, Jack.
Speaker 2: You've been with us for a little while now, and we thought, you know what, damn it, let's get let's get this guy his own segment.
Speaker 3: It's about time.
Speaker 5: Don't you think they've been pushing for it, Jack, You've been pushing for it. Here it is. That's atrocious, Jacklicochis. The masses have spoken.
Speaker 2: This is your opportunity to push situations to us, and we can tell you, or you can tell yourself if it's atrocious, Jack, laicoch what you got for us?
Speaker 7: What's happening in that beautiful heart of yours? Anything you need to get off your chest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I'm a notorious parking fine ghett her.
Speaker 3: No, you're one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I generally play the game like I will not pay the four or five dollars and back myself to go through. And then if I caught one every tenth or twentieth time.
Speaker 3: I think it's worth it.
Speaker 5: I think it's worth it.
Speaker 1: Played the game, and I got done a bit up on the Gold Coast. How much, Well, they actually pretty expense up there, can get up towards one hundred dollars, So you've got to be smart. And I lived in Burly, so it was there was plenty of going on parking specters.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is true to the room of the part of the process of you leaving the Gold Coast was to flee the state because of your outrageous financial situation regarding parking fines. So that's just what I read on big footage. I read it on big footage.
Speaker 1: I cleaned up all my loose ends up there and wanted to start fresh down here.
Speaker 2: Did you clean them all up in one big go? Was there like one lump sum that you had to wipe off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the thing. I'm good at losing them as well. So yeah, nah, but I think I'm clean up there. But yeah, day one in here on radio, I did get done out the front.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, that is a hot spot down there.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Oh, I could.
Speaker 2: Have told you that, because you're in here for a good half an hour, you will get done every day the way it.
Speaker 1: Doesn't start till eight, yes, and I'll get here before eight. So I thought, this is like we're playing the game here. We'll get through. But nah, I got done and I've already lost that ticket as well.
Speaker 2: You lost it, so that's going to be like double triple.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we've got a bit to work through there. That's perfect. That's a good way to kick us off too. That's atrocious, Jack Lacochis, And don't.
Speaker 7: You feel like as well, Joe's that it's a bit of a chalk and cheese type situation because I feel like when we have Alex Neil Bullen in here, he's a good friend of yours that he would pay for beyond the parking required as well, and then almost paid forward to the next person.
Speaker 5: Yes, just running the courtland every time.
Speaker 2: Oh man, it's like Russian Rulette with the part fucking Jack coaches, Thank you so much for coming in this morning. That is indeed atrocious behavior from you.
Speaker 5: Good stuff.
Speaker 7: Hey, good luck when you rehab, and hopefully we'll see you sooner other than later.
Speaker 5: Thanks guys.
Speaker 3: Cheers Andrew Hayes.
Speaker 2: Every now and then you say something on this show and I go, hold up, wait a minute, is that right? Because on the show yesterday you had this to say.
Speaker 7: Because I'm not a hoarder, I'm the opficite of a hoarder, right, so there's any sort of junk sort of piling up, I'll chuck it out. Yeah, completely chuck it out. You know, a lot of feedbacks. So that was a very stunning and brave for me to admit that I appreciate it. Thank you, guys.
Speaker 5: Text line going off it's face. That's really nice.
Speaker 2: Well, my text was going off its face because I immediately got a response from our mystery caller, who is about to actually reveal what you'll really like at home in between those four walls.
Speaker 5: My god, did you call our Cat Houston.
Speaker 3: Mystery caller? Could you reveal yourself?
Speaker 6: Please?
Speaker 8: Hello, I'm hazy, lucky wife.
Speaker 5: Fine, Oh here we go, first time with you.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I'm not a hoarder. You are not a hoarder when it comes to kids, toys, even anything that's left lying around, important bits of paper. But I have wardrobe shelves full of boxes that store old football vhs of you playing football at some period of your life, with football shotts from every team you've ever played for, socks, guernseys, the whole lot in boxes that you will not throw out in the shed. We have mugs right down to you winning like best on ground at year seven crickets. You will not let me throw them out, and I reckon the worst one. Actually I kind of get this one, but this one is your most prized possession, and whenever I say I've done a clean out, you always attack me for this. Your school blazer is still hanging in the wardrobe in pristine condition, and we are not allowed to touch, look at it, do anything with it. Where is my school blazer?
Speaker 7: It's an a coat, by the way, and it sounds like someone's a bit jealous.
Speaker 8: Yeah no, sorry, I don't have an on aicot. But when do you plan on wearing that neck? So you're going to pass it down to Ginnery? You can wear it and walk around. You're on a coat, You've got a lot of stuff that someone who's not a hoarder.
Speaker 7: Yeah, there was some random night we're about a few too many beers at home, and I'll put it on.
Speaker 6: Caara.
Speaker 2: How often is the Hayes family sitting around chucking in the old VHS tape and watching back Hazy's highlights suits.
Speaker 8: I feel like it's just he's waiting for Henry to be like, Dad.
Speaker 2: What are these?
Speaker 8: And he'll be like, well, well, grab a seat and let me tell you. I don't know what else they're for.
Speaker 5: But it's a love story.
Speaker 7: We met at a Central's Gate, No me and you not quite.
Speaker 8: No, No, no, we didn't. That was one of your other many hobbies, playing music in a in a pub, which we've still got a whole heap of music, gears, speaker's cords, all of that in taking up space in our front room. But you won't get rid of that either.
Speaker 3: There's a TV show for people like you.
Speaker 8: Made one mistake calling this Andrew Well.
Speaker 7: I got to say this is a very very dangerous ally ship and that is yourself, Kara and my co host j What is going on here?
Speaker 5: Were we doing?
Speaker 3: I love it when two great minds come together.
Speaker 2: Kara yeah, okay, so the hoarding is just particular to him. No one else is allowed to hold onto their old stuff, Is that right?
Speaker 8: No? Quite often I find things in the bin and Andrew, what is it? I'm like the child, you know when you come home from school when you throw all the artwork in before they can find it. And he does that for me in the house and I'm like, Heyby, why is this in the bin? I need that? We're still using that.
Speaker 7: Try to throw away a bike the other day, Yes, to have that pan out not very well found.
Speaker 2: It, Carra has It is always an absolute pleasure to talk to you.
Speaker 8: Thank you, guys. You're the real winner here. Jody, You've got to put up on him each morning.
Speaker 3: No joke. Well we have to do this, don't we. We have to.
Speaker 2: We're obligated now. Thirteen twenty four to ten? What can you not throw out? What are you holding on to that you really need to let go? Throw your partner under the bus.
Speaker 4: Two?
Speaker 3: If they can't let go of.
Speaker 5: Something, yeah, are they a dirty hoarder like me?
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten let's do this wall a cinema family pass on the line.
Speaker 3: But what can't you throw out?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 7: This is Adelaide's favorite Wait a week, no One name top of nineteen degrees across Adelaide today. Joe, you put it out there. I sort of feel like I was a little exposed before.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you made a very bold statement when you said I am not a holder. You declare that your wife heard it, and when I'm going to call a BS on that, thank you very much. So we're asking the question this morning, thirteen twenty four ten, what can't you throw out? Let's go to our girl Tana from Ranella, because she's always got a good story.
Speaker 3: Good morning Tana, Good morning guys.
Speaker 10: It's an absolute pleasure as always.
Speaker 3: So much what you got there that you can't let go of, Well, it's.
Speaker 8: Got me as my husband, and no, I don't want to throw him out, although I've thought about it.
Speaker 11: So I sympathize with Kara, but I also sympathized with Hazy because you know what they're like, the little moments of your life that.
Speaker 8: Made you who you are. Unfortunately, I'm suffering just like Caara.
Speaker 11: So my husband has.
Speaker 8: Like a folder from like the nineties when he was in primary school and he used to trade the AFL cards.
Speaker 5: Oh, that's awesome, are the players?
Speaker 11: Yeah, so he's got the full stet and it's followed us to like three or four different houses, and he just won't let it go. It came up the other day when I opened up a box when we were still unpacking some stuff, and he's just like, no, no, no, we can't get rid of that.
Speaker 8: He can't.
Speaker 10: And then he looks up to see how much each of the special cards are worse.
Speaker 8: And then he follows me around the.
Speaker 10: House, going, stay, stay, this one's worth two hundred and fifty dollars. It's only going to increase in value.
Speaker 11: We have to keep hold of it just for a little bit longer.
Speaker 8: But when when? When is it over?
Speaker 5: That is a question. I believe it's called an investment, Tana.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so Tana, does he have a particular favorite card, like favorite player?
Speaker 5: Ah?
Speaker 11: Yeah, Well the other day he pulled out her abblet Coach one go to Gary.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, do I feel like that's a genuine investment.
Speaker 5: We couldn't possibly throw that out.
Speaker 2: I know you threw your full support behind Tanna's husband's great.
Speaker 7: It's a great little example though, Thank you so much. Thirteen and twenty four ten keep them going. What can you just not throw out? Come on, we're not horders to by the way, right now Chad's we are taking calls on thirteen twenty four ten. What can you just not part ways with? After I was exposed by my loving and trusting wife.
Speaker 2: Yeah, your problem at this point is the football memorabilia. I mean, there's a massive issue with your year twelve blazer that you can't let go.
Speaker 3: Sorry, it's not a blazer, what is it?
Speaker 5: It's called an honor coat Swedish?
Speaker 7: And like I messaged the three way message we had last night, and it's so dangerous that you and my wife car are have an alliance. But look, it just sounds like there's a couple of plaps who are little bit jealous the dating codes back.
Speaker 5: That's what I feeling.
Speaker 2: I mean, how how dare I challenge the nineteen ninety nine athletics champion of your primary school whereby there was only one person in your entire year. It's and then you're like, give it. I won back to back to back to.
Speaker 7: Back to back spot on Undefeated. All I had to do was finish the race.
Speaker 3: N How don't feel when you looked around there is no one else.
Speaker 7: No, I just assumed they were so far back. Ah right, So the later I had turns out I was the only one in the race.
Speaker 3: You've got a whole box.
Speaker 2: Your wife's in it through a whole box of those tin mugs with all like your athletics as.
Speaker 5: It's not like I get them out. I just can't throw them out. I don't know it's going to hurt throw them out?
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, mate, what can't you throw out? Thirteen twenty fourteen. Let's got his Xavier from Hilton good morning? Hi?
Speaker 11: Oh my goodness is my dream to be on here? Hi Jodey, Hi, Hey, good.
Speaker 5: To have you my friend?
Speaker 1: What a.
Speaker 8: Oh nice?
Speaker 10: I had the wing in because you got are the best.
Speaker 2: Oh that's very very kind of you. What can't you throw out those avier?
Speaker 10: My dad used to work on McCloud's Daughters and he has memorabilia, clothing, plots, old cell.
Speaker 8: Phone and my mom's trying to find up.
Speaker 10: He's like, no, don't get rid of that.
Speaker 2: Plexible Clouds Daughters was an institution, to be fair, it was iconic, wasn't it?
Speaker 3: Savior?
Speaker 11: Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 10: I've watched a couple of episodes of myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, well.
Speaker 2: I use you stand firm standing ground. It's okay, hold on, it would be worth a lot of money one day.
Speaker 7: Can on you save your bloody legend, have a good dad school. Let's go to Kyla. Goodboring to you, Kyla. Why can't you throw out?
Speaker 5: Oh it's not me.
Speaker 11: I'm from my parents underneath the bus right now, go and do it all right. So it's been a big thing for a very long time. But my dad has a consistent thing where he will go around with his big car trailers and his big four B car and he'll just fill it to the brim with metal, lots of metals, cars, washing machines, refrigerators. It does not matter, as long as it has wire and metal that he can describe. The problem is it was meant to be a business that he would throw out and get the money for. Yeah, but the backyard just kept growing and there was no ground left disgusting in the backyard.
Speaker 5: It's not a good look, is a cat. It's not a good look.
Speaker 7: But I would say from his perspective, I'm looking through his eyes. Who knows. You never know when you're going to need that piece of scrap metal and it will always be worth something.
Speaker 5: So why aren't I throwing out just wait for it? What use it when we need it? Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Like a backyard full of scrap metal?
Speaker 5: Would you not? Ideal?
Speaker 7: And quite the haven for snakes? Yeah, but it's money. It's money sitting there.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 5: And rats for fun too, Rats rats love or too?
Speaker 3: Should we take one more? Jo from Secret? Good morning?
Speaker 11: Hello? Here you going?
Speaker 3: What can't you throw out?
Speaker 4: Jay?
Speaker 10: Well, it's not me, but it's my kids. We've got a bearded dragon.
Speaker 5: And I reckon.
Speaker 10: For the last two or two and a half years, they've kept his shedding in a little tub above his cave.
Speaker 8: And every time.
Speaker 10: I'm like, guys, we don't really need to keep this, They're like, yes, because we can remember him when he died.
Speaker 11: Do you know?
Speaker 7: Do you know what, Joe? We could have said here for hours guessing about what you were going to say. I didn't think that you was going to say that lizard skin was what something we couldn't throw out?
Speaker 5: Just pretty good? No, bro?
Speaker 3: Well, anyway, what's the texture of it? Is it all like crusty?
Speaker 10: It's like a bit yeah, it's a bit like I guess like snake, probably a little bit on the spiky bits. It's like a bit rough, it's like crunchy, it's weird.
Speaker 2: I think it's the mother in this situation. You have the right to put your foot down and y love.
Speaker 10: Of God, we're not keeping it any longer.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 7: Also, Joe, we feel like you have the right to give the lizard bit of a break yep, and sending the kids off to wall cinemas to watch.
Speaker 10: A flea amazing. Thank you so much, love that enjoy.
Speaker 3: Thanks so much for the call.
Speaker 7: Just trying to process right now, just hanging on to excess skin. There's some sort of movie in that. I'm not sure it always has.
Speaker 5: Definitely horror movie.
Speaker 2: How you're genuinely hand on your heart encouraging just keep all that scrap metal.
Speaker 3: Just keep it, guys.
Speaker 7: It's an investment and let it wait there on the lawn until it's of use.
Speaker 3: Ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Yesterday we spoke about laboo boos. This craze is taking over the world. So they're basically these little I think they're fairly ugly looking goals with serrated teeth with the gaps in them. Anyway, people are spending up to six hundred dollars on the really rare ones, and you don't know what you're going to get, so then you unbox it online and there's like thousands upon thousands of views.
Speaker 3: It's the whole thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so expensive and how disappointing when you double up if you keep on doubling up on the same one. But that's what every generation goes through when you're collecting cards, etc.
Speaker 2: But please get involved in this conversation because we want to just take a trip down memory lane in just a second about all the collectibles we used to get around when we were kids.
Speaker 3: But after the Laboo boo chat yesterday, I.
Speaker 2: Land also that there is another thing, another phenomenon called cry babies. Crybabies are a much cuter version of the laboobu. It's more attractive, cousin.
Speaker 5: They don't have sharp little teeth. They could buite your help.
Speaker 2: They're actually a little bit and some of them have got dummies. They're quite cute.
Speaker 7: I don't know, did you use collecting collecting dolls is just not for me. Osbig Tazo's guy reallys was cool?
Speaker 3: Which were they the little circular things, the.
Speaker 5: Little caps, so they call them little discs or whatever.
Speaker 7: And I do remember in primary school there was one particular taso. It was a Yosemite Sam super rare, super rare, and my mate got it from his dad who was just randomly eating a pack of Doritos. Yeah, And I was just remembering so angry and so jealous and in the moment being like, I can't believe this has happened to me. How's Jay Brigden got the Yosemite Sam tazo And I don't It's not fair.
Speaker 3: That's awful. I think I'm thinking back to some of my kids.
Speaker 2: They used to get around the little furbies, you remember those and the Beani kids. Every time we'd walk past the news age. Can I please have a Herbie all they're thirteen ninety five?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah, too expensive. Do you know what? You strike me as a cabbage patch kid collector?
Speaker 3: Don't bring that up. No, don't bring up the war, because when I was.
Speaker 5: Had friendships with cabbage pat kids.
Speaker 2: Well, I grew up in Hobart, mildly lonely child.
Speaker 7: Surprise, surprise, cabbage bad kids really really thrived in the beautiful city of Hobart and broadly in the state of Tasmania.
Speaker 2: Who would have thought, well, this is the sad part about it, because we were quite poor, so I didn't.
Speaker 3: Even have a real cabbage patch die. I had a fake one.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh. I'd go on, take us through Joe speak from the heart, and.
Speaker 2: Well you could tell her a bit fake because I distinctly remember one leg was a bit shorter than the other on my cash passion.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 2: And then I went round to Jenny Kee's house and she was quite wealthy and she had about ten of them.
Speaker 3: So anyway, childhood trauma, thank you.
Speaker 7: And now the best thing about jode'es is that she's been working commercial radio for twenty years. And it's kind of weird when you go to a house and there's thousands and thousands of garbage patch kids.